Unofficial Portkey Archive

Give Up? by dolly_llama
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Give Up?

dolly_llama

CHAPTER FIVE

"TALKING" ((THINKING))

((I can't believe I got detention!)) Ginny fumed. ((I'll probably be a few minutes late tonight to tutor Malfoy.)) She headed towards the Great Hall. She looked around and saw Malfoy chatting away at the Slytherin table. Then she saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione chatting away at the Gryffindor table. She'd absolutely feel out of place, interfering into this friendship, but she had no choice. She skipped lunch and her belly was growling, literally. She sat down beside Hermione, who didn't notice. ((Good, that way I won't have to speak-))

"Hello Ginny!" Hermione beamed.

"Hey," the two boys chimed.

"Erm… Hi." ((Why are they talking to me?))

"Are you busy tonight, Ginny?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, I got detention from McGonagall, so I won't be back till around 10?" Ginny answered. "Why do you want to know?"

"You got detention?! For what?!" Ron bellowed. Hermione ignored him and continued.

"Well…"

It was around 8:30 PM when Ginny left Professor McGonagall's classroom. ((I can't believe they would do that.)) After her conversation with Hermione, Ginny felt numb as she left the Great Hall. Hermione was the sole master mind of the so called operation: "Crash Slytherin Party." Ginny headed for the dungeons. Ginny told Hermione that she wouldn't be able to participate, but Hermione didn't seem to mind. Ginny noticed this sudden turn-around in the fun department. Hermione gone bad. Ginny reached the portrait hole and came face to face with Draco. He didn't look too happy.

"You're late, weasel."

"No? Really, Malfoy?" Ginny snapped as she pushed Draco aside and walked into the portrait hole.

"Do I hear a hint of sarcasm in that weasel voice of yours?" Draco said while cupping the back of his ear.

"I don't know, do you?" Ginny mimicked Draco and chuckled, "Can we please get this over with?"

The corners of Draco's mouth twitched. He walked inside and sat at a nearby table. Next to it stood a cauldron. Its contents bubbled and changed colors. "So, why are you late?" Draco sat in a stool, "You do know I'm paying for the time?"

"It's your fault I was late in the first place," Ginny said matter-of-factly.

Draco puffed out his chest and asked proudly, "How so?"

"Well, that stunt you pulled this afternoon."

Draco stared at the ceiling and thought loudly, "Oh! That?"

"Yeah. Well, my next class happened to be on the other side of school!" Ginny exclaimed.

"It's not my fault you can't run faster," Draco smirked, "I knew those skinny legs needed building up." Ginny made a move so that her robes covered her legs.

"Why are you staring at my legs, Malfoy?" Ginny asked innocently.

"I…Err…" Draco stammered, but recovered quickly, "because they are just oh, so cute." He reached forward and lifted her robes. He slid one long finger down her calf. ((Hm… Smooth.)) Ginny stood up abruptly, knocking her chair over and walked quickly toward the cauldron.

"Can we finish this up, now, please?" she blushed furiously.

"Whatever you say," Draco smirked and made sure to take his time getting up from his chair. ((Ah, the pleasures of annoying a Weasley.))

"Now drop in the eye of newt," Ginny directed. ((Half an hour later and we are finally getting somewhere!)) "Okay, now stir it counter-clock- Malfoy, are you listening?" she snapped her fingers but Draco didn't seem to notice. He stared at the entrance as if he was hypnotized. Ginny looked over and heard a series of footsteps outside in the hall. They became louder and suddenly Ginny remembered her conversation with Hermione. (("After we crash the party, they'll be running back to Snape and crying their little eyes out!" She then broke into great peals of laughter. She cackled and chortled. It was not a pretty sight. "We'll be done crashing around 9 PM. Sorry you can't make it, Ginny.")) Draco was now trying to get her attention.

"Huh?" Ginny blinked. She heard voices right outside the portrait hole. She looked over at Draco who was already putting away parchment and quills. He saw her staring at him and pushed her to a couch. "Ow! What was that for?" Ginny rubbed her side.

"Get inside!" Draco hissed.

"How am I supposed to- ah!" Draco picked her up and stuffed her in between the cushions. She could only see a sliver of carpet. She then heard the portrait swing open. A series of shoes filled her field of vision. And then someone sat on her head. "Oof!" ((Whoever that is, I'm gonna kill `em!)) She began to move when someone sat on her back. ((Can't breathe!)) Someone then sat on her legs. ((Damn Malfoy! Because of him I'll have to stay here `till they all leave!)) She tried to make herself as comfortable as can be in a couch while pushing aside a dead rat. ((Argghh! Most people have money in between their couch cushions!))

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The entrance opened and in poured the Slytherins. Draco carefully sat on the couch. ((I'm guessing this is her legs. It won't hurt her that much if I sit on her legs, right?)) Little did he know, he was actually sitting on her head. Pansy headed over to the couch and sat on the middle cushion. ((Her chest, perhaps?))

"Draco!" Pansy whined. "That stupid Mudblood and her stooge Gryffindors ruined my party!"

"Huh?" he stared as someone sat on the end of the couch. It was Crabbe. "Get your fat arse off the couch, Crabbe!" Draco roared. "And no one sit on that end of the couch! No one!" Everyone obeyed. ((Good. That's the most I can do for the little weasel.)) Pansy's face lit up and a smile spread across her face.

"You do like me, don't you?!"

"What are you talking about, Parkinson?" Pansy inched closer.

"I knew it. You've liked me all along!"

"Seriously. I don't have a clue what you're saying." Pansy was now so close (but not yet touching) that Draco was completely flat against the couch's armrest.

"First, you play a little game of hard-to-get which I consider flirting, and now…"

"I'm not playing hard-to-get!" Draco protested.

Pansy wasn't listening and continued, "And now you ask your best mate to get off the couch and leave us two lovebirds alone together!" She laid a hand flat across his chest.

"You better not get any closer, I'm warning you." Draco hissed.

"You and your little games. What did I tell you?" Pansy was inches away from Draco's face. Draco turned his head to the side as he went through a fit of strangled coughs. ((What the heck did this girl eat? A corpse or something?)) His nostrils took one last whiff of Pansy Parkinson's breath before he pushed her off of him. He was careful enough to have as little contact with her as possible and used only his fingertips to push her. He stormed out of the common room leaving Pansy flat on her bottom and all the Slytherins gaping after him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ginny could hear muffled voices from her spot in between the couch cushions. From those voices she determined that Malfoy was sitting on her head, Pansy on her back, and Crabbe on her legs, that is before Malfoy screamed at him to get off so he could sit alone with Pansy. Then the couch started moving. ((Oh, Merlin. What are they doing up there? I hope they are not snogging… On top of me!)) Ginny grimaced. Then the weight on top of her head was lifted… ((Oh, thank Merlin…Wait…Where is he going?!))

Hours passed (or so it seemed, Ginny couldn't exactly whip out her watch to check the time every 5 minutes) and it seemed that Draco wasn't going to return. When the noise finally died down, Ginny poked her head out to look around. The place was trashed, but the party was over. ((Look at this place,)) thought Ginny as she rolled over and fell out of the couch. ((Ow…)) She tried to get up but found that she had cramps everywhere. ((Well, obviously lying in a couch for a whole night with fat Slytherins jumping and rolling around on top of you isn't good for your back!)) She pulled out her wand and muttered a spell to ease her pain. It worked, except she still had a kink in her neck. She then found her things. ((Oh, great! Under the couch! Why did I have to go in it when there was room under?! Damn that Malfoy. Those poor house-elves, do they have to clean these kinds of messes every- Oh, my God. I need to get my own friends and stop hanging out with Hermione! She's brainwashing me!)) Ginny's stomach rumbled. She looked at the clock and saw that she had 5 minutes to get to breakfast. Good thing it was Saturday and the Slytherins would sleep in, but she wouldn't stay in their common room anyway. She was starved!

Ginny dashed over to the Great Hall, where at that same moment, Draco walked out.

"Where the heck did you go last night?!" Ginny screamed. "You left me there after you practically crushed my skull with your fat arse!"

"How do you know how much my butt weighs?" Draco asked, dazed. ((Wow, she's a completely different person when she's mad… and I think it's pretty damn sexy! UH, WHAT?! Get your mind out of the gutter Malfoy! This is a Weasley you are thinking about!))

"What are you going on about?" Ginny asked incredulously.

"Um, nothing." Draco mumbled, still staring Ginny up and down.

"Anyway, what were you doing on the couch that made you too busy to rescue me?!" Ginny shouted… Too loudly. Harry, Ron, and Hermione walked out to see what was going on.

"Malfoy," Ron acknowledged.

"Weasley, Potter, Granger." Draco answered back, disgustedly.

"What's going on? Why do you look like that, Ginny?" Hermione walked over to Ginny's side and stared at her frizzy hair and wrinkled clothes. Ginny suddenly remembered that being shoved into a couch and being sat on for a whole night wouldn't exactly give her much sleep, let alone beauty sleep. She pulled a mirror out of her bag and gasped at her disheveled appearance. Hermione, Ron, and Harry's eyes widened as they stepped back. Ginny's face was livid and they didn't want to be the recipients of her revenge. She let out a war yell and tackled Draco to the floor.

"What. Are. You. DOING?!" he managed between the sounds of his head banging on the floor.

"Ginny!" screamed Ron as he and Harry wretched her hands off Draco's neck and pulled her off the now red-faced Slytherin. He stood up and brushed himself off as calmly as if girls attacked him all the time. Then he looked up and they saw that his face was grim and his eyes were cold with malice.

"I don't have to deal with you, anymore!" he said, pointing a shaking finger in Ginny's face. "Snape will hear about this." He turned on his heel and continued down the hall.

"Happy Halloween!" Ginny called after him with mock sweetness.

A/N: WOW!! Long chapter, huh? See? We promised it would be worth it!! Hope it was satisfactory! Please R&R!