Unofficial Portkey Archive

Too much love can kill you by phoenixwriter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Too much love can kill you

phoenixwriter

3. A little bit ironic

Ironic

Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
When you think everything's okay and everything's going right
And life has a funny way of helping you out when
You think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up
In your face
A traffic jam when you're already late
A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the man of my dreams
And then meeting his beautiful wife
And isn't it ironic...don't you think
A little too ironic...and yeah I really do think...

By Alanis Morisette

The sunshine was falling into the room right into her face. Slowly she blinked her eyes. There was so much light it was nearly painful. Somehow she had that feeling she was safe now. Here in her bed, she wasn't in any danger. What a strange dream she had had. It was as if she had actually spoken to him and then to dream that he was here and did love her. After all he was her friend. Yeah, her best friend. A small smile appeared on her face. Suddenly this smile faded. The very first smile in weeks faded away as quickly as it appeared. Hermione was now aware that someone was holding her tightly with unbelievably warm arms. This can't be, can it? Somebody was pressed against her back. With a pang she realised that she was naked. Once more she closed her eyes and thought that this has to be a dream. This can't be true.

Hermione could feel how his breath was against her skin. She was sure she hadn't dreamt it. It had been real. Harry started to move behind her. His hands were moving all over her body. Lips were travelling over her neck. His lips and his hands were it. It felt so good but her mind started to work again. She pressed her eyes tightly shut. Don't think, please just don't think. But this nasty little voice in her head was muttering again and again that this wasn't right. Her feelings told her that it wasn't wrong. It couldn't be wrong. Instead her mind shuts up before it starts a new attack like Harry, who was lightly sucking her neck and at the same time stroking her belly working his way towards her breasts. First you kill his girlfriend and now you cross the line. How could this have happened? How did he shut her mind up yesterday? Hermione didn't need wait to long to get her answer to that. He was kissing her again on her lips and she didn't hesitate to open her mouth.

Gently, too gently his tongue battled with hers. With her right hand she brought his head closer to her. Slowly she sat up still kissing him with his hands around her. You can't let it happen again. But I need it. Don't be so selfish. Carefully she ended this kiss and opened her eyes. In front of her eyes was Harry's face. His sleepy eyes were burning into hers. She gulped lightly when she saw that he wasn't wearing anything although a blanket did cover his legs up to his waist. With his thumbs he went slowly over her breasts. If he did that any longer she would lose her mind once more. Her feelings would win again over her mind. Lightly he kissed her shoulder. She took a deep breath. Harry didn't make it any easier. Everything he did just made it more difficult for her.

This was too fast. Yesterday they didn't talk, didn't even look at each other. Only one step in her bedroom changed everything. How could this happen? How could her own mind lose against her weak feelings? She knew it. Oh, Hermione knew how this could happen. Six weeks alone were the reason. Six weeks without hope, without warmth. Now she wasn't alone anymore. Now he held her, touched her, even licked her bare skin. But still it was wrong. Harry wasn't supposed to do that. She wasn't supposed to get it. This time her mind was stronger than yesterday. "Harry!" she whispered. He still didn't stop touching her to let her clear her mind. Lightly she groaned by this. That was so difficult to say and still he didn't let her get a clear mind. It was cloudy and weak against her feelings. "I..I..!" she started again but all that came out was stuttering. "It's all right, Hermione. I'm here." He interrupted her. His eyes were again looking straight at her. Her own hand reached after his face and touched his cheek. At this point she was aware that she didn't want to let go off him, not yet.

You're so selfish. The voice rings through her mind in the second his lips meet hers. Maybe this was still her dream. Maybe you want this too much. Her tongue meets his. She didn't care now who started it even though one side of her wanted to stop it. Before she knew what Harry was doing, she was again on the bed and he was on top of her, holding her erect nipples between his fingers and rubbing lightly over them. Hermione could feel how much this aroused her. This was what she wanted. Suddenly she was aware that he was even more aroused by this. It brought her mind back. You know it's wrong! She didn't kiss back, didn't run her fingers through his hair, and didn't touch his back anymore.

Harry stopped kissing her lips and instead he was travelling down to her neck. Licking and sucking her skin there, he moved on to her collarbone. Before she could say anything one of her breasts was in his mouth. She tried to hold back her moan but it escaped her throat. "Harry, please…!" Hermione whispered between two fast breaths. Between her thighs she could feel his hand resting there causing her breath to come faster. If she didn't stop him now it would be too late. "Please, st… Oh my god!" He interrupted her with his finger in her sex. A second one slipped into her causing her to let out a moan. Slowly he moved his hand. He stopped to suck on her breasts and then he blew over them. With his open mouth he travelled back to her face. Her eyes were open as she stared into his. She could read in his eyes all the wanting, lust and most amazingly of all love. Love for her that wasn't possible. Not after what she had done to him. "We..we have to..stop this!" Hermione managed to say, though it brought her close to insanity. "Why?" He murmured as he bent down to her face and let a rain of kisses over it. Still his fingers were in her moving in and out. So damn slow moving. "Because it's too fast." "It isn't too fast." He answered shortly as he moved from her. Now he laid there like before with her back to his front.

She knew that she needed to do something before it was too late. But you want it to be too late. His erection was pressing against her. With one arm he brought her closer to him. Now he was only inches away from her entrance. She felt the heat from him. "We didn't even talk to each other." She breathed out as he slid out his fingers. "We couldn't talk about pain." His breath tickled into her ear. "How you looked at me…!" Her voice was breaking lightly. "I hated it so much what Voldemort did to us; that he could separate us like that." Harry whispered hoarsely as he kissed her once more on her lips. Now her mind shut down completely. With her left hand she went between her thighs passing his hand there and guided his member to her waiting entrance. Hermione pulled herself closer to him. Her butt crushed into his hips and his erection was deep into her. This feeling caused her to open her mouth wider and allowed Harry's tongue to explore more of her warmth.

Slowly he moved against her with his hand still between her thighs. Still rubbing and teasing her clit. With every thrust he went faster. Hermione meet his hips as she started to feel this amazing feeling build up inside of her. His moan was muffled. All over her breast his hand was gently kneading it. Her muscles clenched tighter around his erection. Loudly she moaned as she reached her edge. Her breath was fast but her heartbeat was faster and Harry was still moving still thrusting into her with such power that it was nearly breath taking. Seconds later he met his release with one final thrust into her deeper than before. Lightly she felt how cold sweat was building on her hot body. "It's ironic." Hermione said after several minutes. Harry's arms were tightly around her. There was no space between them. "It's ironic that my mind is so weak against you." She went on but he didn't hear her. His deep breaths told her he was sleeping.