Unofficial Portkey Archive

What I Always Wanted by Searcy
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What I Always Wanted

Searcy

What I Always Wanted

Chapter 11: Discoveries and Disclosures

Harry walked into his hotel suite from his morning jaunt to order their late morning breakfast and collect the newspaper to find Hermione standing in the middle of the room completely starkers holding a bathing suit in each hand. Her otherwise lovely face was marred by a puckered brow and a grimace as she chewed her lower lip in that way she had whenever she was irritated over something. Hurriedly closing the door behind him Harry called out to her and asked.

"Love is there a reason that you're standing arsehole naked in the middle of the suite?"

"I've nothing to wear to the pool."

Harry pursed his lips as he stared at the two bathing suits Hermione was holding and cautiously answered.

"Umm…Hermione, you're holding a bathing suit in each hand."

Hermione replied in the sarcastic tone of voice that she usually reserved for persons she considered exceptionally daft and Ron.

"Well obviously neither of these fit."

Hermione tossed the offending articles of clothing on the back of the sofa and striding over to the bed, retrieved her robe and slipped it on. Harry pulled a confused face as he mulled over what she'd just said before asking.

"How can they not fit when they're the same ones you've been wearing since we got here?"

Hermione presented him with an icy glare and responded angrily.

"They don't fit because I'm presently the size of a baby kelpie!"

Harry was about to ask Hermione what she was on about when he recalled the night of his and Hermione's reception. As the women sat round gushing about whatever it is women prattle on about when they're together the men had been instructing Harry on the finer points of being married to a pregnant woman. He'd received quite a lot of advice, more than half of it seemed dodgy considering that Fred and George were the sources of it but every man there had agreed upon one bit and that was never to let on that you thought she'd put on any extra weight. Apparently, one of the hormonal side effects of pregnancy was some form of delusional paranoia in which a woman fancies that she is the same size as a six-month old baby dragon and that she's no longer attractive. He was warned that this would be an on-going issue even when the woman in question wasn't pregnant and that the best recourse was to make her feel as desirable as possible. Harry repeated the thought to himself, make her feel as desirable as possible. Looking at Hermione standing there in a huff clad in only a flimsy robe an impish smile touch his mouth as he thought of where this all may lead and said.

"You are not the size of a baby kelpie. What on earth would make you say a thing like that?"

Hermione turned and looked at Harry as though she had never seen him before.

"What on earth would make me say a thing like that…hmmm…let me think…"

She paused for effect and then pointing at her stomach said.

"Oh I know…could it be that I look like I've swallowed a box of Fred and George's Engorging Edibles! I'm so huge I'm nearly bursting out of all my clothes and I honestly can't…"

Harry interposed.

"You have never been nor are you now huge…you're carrying our child…"

Harry walked up behind her and slipping his arms around her waist added.

"I thought that was supposed to be a beautiful experience."

Hermione sighed.

"Carrying our child is a beautiful experience…it's also a very large experience…in fact it gets larger with each passing day."

"Hermione you're barely showing at all. The press hasn't even caught on to the fact that you're pregnant."

"Be that as it may, I still feel like…like…like some over blown up balloon."

Harry reached up and unknotted Hermione's robe. He then drew it open and set about caressing her slightly rounded stomach with both his hands. As he caressed her he leaned down and kissing her neck lightly murmured.

"No you feel like heaven."

Hermione opened her mouth to protest but instead of the words she had intended to speak a low guttural moan escaped her as Harry's hands shot upwards and covered her breasts which he immediately began kneading and squeezing. He took her nipples between his thumb and forefingers and began to roll them into hardened peaks. He left a trail of hot open-mouthed kisses from her collarbone to the sensitive spot just below her ear. As he nipped the spot near her ear he allowed one hand to slide down her slightly distended abdomen and into the neatly trimmed tangle of dark brown curls that covered her lovely wet heat before disappearing in between her silky lips. Harry slipped two fingers inside her warmth and pumped them slowly building up a steady rhythm. Hermione pressed her back into Harry's chest as she concurrently clenched her walls around his fingers urging him on in his attentions. Harry increased his pace until he felt Hermione's knees give way. Using his free hand to keep her upright he continued working her with his fingers until he felt the familiar contractions of her inner walls that alerted him to her climax. Hermione threw back her head and moaned thickly as her orgasm consumed her.

She leaned limply against Harry breathing deeply in an effort to collect herself but before she had barely drawn a second breath she was being lowered onto the bed and Harry's mouth was upon hers. He thrust his tongue into her mouth hungrily, eagerly sampling the sweetness of her. Hermione wrapped one arm around his back and ardently returned his kisses. With her other hand she ventured down his chest to the bulge tenting his swimmers. Harry released a ragged breath as her hand slithered inside and closed around his pulsating member. Hermione laid a hand to his chest and rolled him onto his back. Climbing atop him she straddled his waist and Harry tugged her robe from her shoulders and captured one of her erect nipples between his lips. Hermione arched her back and moaned as she pulled Harry's head closer to her chest. A muttered spell breathlessly fell from Hermione's lips and Harry's swimmers disappeared. Placing her hands on his shoulders she leveraged her body and in one succinct movement lowered herself onto his rock hard dick.

Harry pulled his lips away from her breasts and grabbed her waist. He at once began thrusting as Hermione ground her hips against him. The sound of their slick skin smacking against each other coupled with their wanton cries resounded about the room. Harry lay back on the bed and placed his feet firmly on the bed he then gripped Hermione's thighs and lifting her up slightly began to pump into her with his rigid length at a maddening pace. A string of encouraging epithets fell from Hermione's lips as Harry pistoned in and out of her. Suddenly she felt Harry stiffen beneath her, she leaned forward and rocked her hips, clenching her walls tighter around him. Harry called out her name as he furiously pumped into her several more times before he came. Hermione rode out the storm of his passion desperately trying to reach her own height for a second time. Harry reached out and began feverishly stroking Hermione's clit as she continued to grind against him until she was overcome by her second wave of passion of the morning.

Panting and gasping Hermione slumped forward onto Harry's chest, they lay their ensconced in each other's arms until their breathing resumed a more normal pattern. Once she could think properly again Hermione rolled off to Harry's side and snuggled closer to him, laying her head in the space between his head and shoulder. Harry gently ran his fingertips up and down the soft skin of Hermione's hip. In an awed whisper Hermione asked.

"Great Merlin's ghost, what brought that on?

Harry's answer was to kiss her gently. He lightly ran his tongue over her lips before slipping inside her mouth and kissing her slowly and sensually. It wasn't long before they were both aroused again. Hermione sucked in a breath of air as she felt Harry's hands begin to glide across her body while his lips dropped kisses across her neck and shoulders. Hermione drew his mouth back to hers and their lips met in a slow passionate kiss; as Hermione's hands caressed Harry's bare chest their tongues entwined in the sweetest and most intimate of dances. While the kiss deepened, Hermione wrapped her legs around Harry's waist and drew him closer to her. Harry groaned from sheer pleasure as he leisurely slipped inside her. His hands found hers and they intertwined as he moved above her in a gentle rhythm that was at once tender and intense. Harry made love to every single inch of Hermione, kissing and caressing her as he repeatedly slid in and out of her, whispering how beautiful and sexy she was the entire time.

Finally the sensations became too much and Hermione once more gave herself over to the orgasm that swept through her body. Harry buried himself deep inside her as she fell over the edge trembling and quivering beneath him calling out his name. As she climaxed Hermione's breathing came in quick shuddering gasps, the room began to spin at a dizzying pace and she was vaguely aware of Harry's final thrusts and the straining of the corded muscles of his back tautening beneath her fingertips and he crushed his lips to hers and spilled himself inside her. Slowly they drew apart. Harry rolled over onto his side and drew Hermione to his chest. Hermione wrapped her arms around her husband and they both drifted off into a much-deserved sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione stirred from her slumber with a satisfied smile covering her face. Eyes still closed she rolled over onto her back and stretched languorously. Her back arched gracefully off the bed as she released a content moan before snuggling back amongst the pillows. She intended to go back to sleep until she heard her husband's voice.

"Bloody hell Hermione, do that again and I'll have taken a shower for nothing."

Opening her eyes, Hermione's smile grew wider as she drew her body off the bed perfectly imitating the arc her body had made when she'd stretched a few minutes earlier. Harry growled low in his throat as he stared down at Hermione's naked body. He was sorely tempted to crawl back into bed and shag her senseless but seeing as how he'd already done so twice that morning and the fact that Hermione had an appointment in the next twenty minutes, not to mention that they had to meet Kazimir and Aleksandra later on he thought it best to take a rain check. Harry leaned down and dropping a kiss on her lips said.

"You're a right bloody tease."

"Who's teasing?"

Hermione reached up and wrapping her arms around Harry's neck kissed him. As the kiss intensified Hermione twined her fingers in the damp hair at the nape of Harry's neck. He in turn pulled her flush against him and relished in the feel of her soft skin against his. When breathing became an issue they parted. Harry pressed his forehead to hers and said.

"We'll finish this later..."

Hermione cut in jokingly.

"Why later, have you somewhere else to be Mr. Potter?"

Harry grinned.

"Me, not for a while yet, but you have an appointment with Madame Elisavet Agapios in ten minutes."

Hermione opened her mouth to ask what Harry was talking about but he simply shook his head and said.

"I understand that she's very prompt and loathes being kept waiting so you best get a move on."

A bemused Hermione allowed herself to be hustled off to the bath for a quick shower while Harry dressed and tidied up the suite.

Madame Elisavet Agapios was the wizarding world's premier designer. A muggleborn with a flair for fashion and an innovative knack for creating spells Madame Agapios made a name for herself by catering to the natural eccentricity of wizards. It didn't hurt that she invented a series of spells that made each of her extravagant one of a kind creations magically designed to fit only the witch or wizard for whom they were made. Madame Agapios further increased her celebrity by only agreeing to design the attire of a select few witches and wizards. She was just as likely to make dress robes for the Minister of Magic as she was for the shopkeeper at Flourish and Blotts. She was known for simply turning up and offering to whip up one of her designs without any explaination as to why she'd chosen to bestow her talents on the selected individual. As such she rarely honored requests and solicitations from outside sources. This combined with her knowledge of both muggle and wizarding fashions had made her a much sought after entity. It was considered quite a coup to find oneself in possession of one of her creations.

Hermione was blown away when she learned that Harry had expressly contacted the high profile stylist, who spilt her time between France and her native Greece, and commissioned her to make an entire wardrobe for her. Madame Agapios informed Hermione that she had been very happy to accommodate the legendary Harry Potter. She had responded to his owl immediately only pausing long enough to collect her best materials, summon her assistants and apparate to the Grand Athenaeum Exarcheion. Two hours after Madame Agapios' arrival Hermione had three new sets of robes as well as two new muggle outfits and two new swim suits. The remainder of the wardrobe was to be completed and delivered before Hermione and Harry returned to London. Considering the amount of galleons he'd spent Madame Agapios had insisted on designing several outfits for Harry as well. Harry had politely declined but she'd insisted saying that as the wizarding world's leading couple it wouldn't do for Hermione's wardrobe to outshine his. Reluctantly Harry had agreed and Madame Agapios had taken her leave of them with the promise of being in touch within the coming week.

Once Madame Agapios had gone Hermione inquired about the exorbitant amount of money that this little foray was undoubtedly costing Harry and why he'd bothered to have it done.

"Harry exactly how much is all this costing you and why did you think it necessary in the first place?"

Harry smiled.

"You know its quite tawdry to inquire about how much a gift costs and why it was given."

Hermione rolled her eyes.

"True though that may be, you know how I hate you spending gobs of galleons on me unnecessarily. I mean really Harry spending a sizeable amount of your fortune on clothes for me is utterly ridiculous."

Harry smiled gave her a kiss on the cheek then suggested.

"You should put on that sea green spaghetti strapped sundress for our meeting with Kazimir and Aleksandra, you looked stunning in it when Madame Agapios was fitting you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The newlyweds arrived in the hotel's dining room a half hour later. Hermione had heeded her husband's suggestion and donned the sea green sundress with the spaghetti straps. On her feet she wore a pair of taupe strappy high-heeled sandals. Harry's jacket and slacks were nearly identical in color to Hermione's shoes and hung on his lithely muscled frame as though it had been made just for him. Actually it had. Elisavet (she'd insisted that the young couple refrain from calling her Madame Agapios) had sent the suit over by owl just as they'd begun getting ready. It seemed that she'd noticed Harry's approving gaze of Hermione in the sundress and thought it fitting that Harry wear something comparable. The white button down shirt and the caramel colored loafers he wore gave the suit a more casual feel that blended well with Harry's shadow of a beard and his ever-unruly locks.

Aleksandra and Kazimir were easy to sort out despite the fact that the dining room was quite large and packed near to bursting. The pair were seated at the bar holding court. Aleksandra was sipping a drink and batting her eyes coquettishly at every man within the vicinity. Harry smirked as he remembered how he'd seen Alek employ that very same trick to keep the liquor flowing without actually having to part with a galleon. Kazimir half-sat, half-stood on his barstool, his voice booming across the room as he captivated the witches and wizards around him with ones of his many adventures. An adventure, which Harry was certain, had been embellished beyond recognition. Harry was pulled from his meandering thoughts by Hermione's voice.

"Those two have to be the oddest couple I've ever seen. I mean honestly can you think of two people you could imagine together least?"

Harry regarded the pair again. Aleksandra in a tight white mini dress with matching stilettos and of course her trademark coal black eyeliner and bright red lipstick, unrestrainedly flirting with every wizard she saw. Kazimir, not exactly handsome by conventional standards but he possessed an air about him that drew people especially women to him; dressed in his black suit and dark grey shirt spinning a grand yarn as he surreptitiously eyed the witches in the room determining which one of them would wind up in his bed later that evening. Harry shrugged and replied.

"Actually they are much better suited to each other than anyone else I'd imagine."

Hermione raised an eyebrow in astonishment.

"You really think so!"

Harry nodded.

"They've got loads in common those two…"

Harry held up his hand and began listing off the things Aleksandra and Kazimir had in common.

"They both love attention…they're both incredibly vain…they spend half their time thinking about shagging…and as they're both so…er…free thinking neither of them would mind the other's extra curricular activities outside the relationship."

Harry finished off and Hermione chimed right in.

"So you're saying that Kazimir is a male version of Aleksandra."

Harry nodded in affirmation as Hermione mumbled.

"That's a very disturbing thought."

Harry grinned broadly and was about to comment on Hermione's garbled observation when Kazimir's booming voice let them know that they'd been noticed.

"HARRY! HERMIONE…THERE YOU ARE…COME…SIT…BARMAN...A BOTTLE OF YOUR BEST VODKA!!"

Nearly every head in the dining room turned in Harry and Hermione's direction as Kazimir waved them over to the bar with one hand while he waved his wand with the other and poured four shots of vodka. Harry took Hermione's hand and steered her through the watching crowd to the bar. As they came to a stop beside Kazimir who grinning broadly pulled Harry into a one-armed bear hug and pounded him forcefully on the back.

"Comrade, so good to see you again! Here…sit…drink!"

Kazimir shoved one of the shot glasses of vodka into Harry's hand before turning his attentions to Hermione. He gave her a broad smile as he took her hand in both of his and kissed the back of it. Hermione noticed the way his eyes traveled over her body leeringly in those view seconds before he raised his head and said.

"Enchanting to see you again, Hermione!"

Hermione returned Kazimir's smile and said "Likewise". She threw a glance in Harry's direction to see him exchanging hellos with Aleksandra who had risen off her barstool so that Harry could place a chaste kiss on her cheek. Hermione's attention was drawn back to Kazimir when she felt something being pressed into her hand. Looking down she saw a shot glass as Kazimir said.

"Let us toast...to good friends and even better vodka!"

As Kazimir lifted his glass Hermione waved the barman over and handing him the shot glass asked for a sparkling water instead. Kazimir frowned and lowered his shot glass from his lips staring at Hermione in askance. Aleksandra smiled as she inquired.

"Not a drinker."

Hermione resisted the urge to roll her eyes and replied serenely.

"Of occasion I have been known to partake, though I am not as fond of drink as you so obviously are…"

Hermione paused and allowed a smile to grace her features at the sight of Aleksandra's shock and outrage at being referred to as a drunkard before continuing on.

"But I'm presently unable to drink any alcohol owing to circumstances."

As she finished off her sentence Hermione's eyes settled on Harry's. he took her hand and gave it a squeeze as they shared a private smile. The moment was broken by Kazimir's booming voice.

"A BABY!"

Aleksandra's mouth dropped open unattractively as she stared back and forth between the two. Kazimir was similarly staring at the two awaiting confirmation of his suppositions. Harry looked at Hermione briefly and seeing her consent reflected in her eyes turned to Kazimir and responded.

"Yes, Hermione and I are expecting."

Kazimir let out a jubilant cry.

"THIS IS MOST WONDERFUL NEWS…WE CELEBRATE…CHAMPAGNE AND SPARKLING WATER FOR EVERYONE…MY FRIENDS ARE HAVING A BABY!!"

Kazimir's bellowing had garnered the attention of nearly everyone in the bar and the adjoining dining room. As the barman set about fulfilling Kazimir's request a buzz swept through the room as its occupants began to connect what had been said with Harry and Hermione. Harry drew Hermione to his side as Kazimir handed them fresh drinks and whispered.

"I reckon we not what tomorrow's headline will be."

Hermione's only reply was a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry opened the door to his and Hermione's suite and ushered in Hermione, Aleksandra and Kazimir. The foursome had just left the hotel's dining room and were headed out to Kazimir's flat when a barn owl landed on Harry's shoulder and held out its leg. Harry had taken the postcard the bird carried and flipping it over saw Ron's writing. Harry scanned the note and once he'd finished invited Kazimir and Aleksandra upstairs. They entered the suite to find Hedwig sitting atop the table with a rather large envelope lying at her feet. Harry stroked her feathers affectionately as he retrieved the envelope and handed it to Hermione. Hermione tore open the envelope and removed its contents.

Inside the envelope were several reports that Harry and Aleksandra had asked Ron to dredge up, Hermione passed them to Harry who immediately sat and handed one each to Aleksandra and Kazimir. As they skimmed the reports Hermione looked at the remaining two items from the envelope, a letter from Colin Creevey and a photograph. Hermione decided to read Colin's letter first. She quickly unfolded the parchment and began skimming the letter in which Colin had explained that he'd had a bit of trouble getting a clear look at the face in the photo as it was only visible for a few seconds before it became cloudy again. Apparently the smoke in the picture had been quite thick. He went on to say that he'd just about given up altogether when his brother Dennis had suggested using the muggle method for developing pictures. Colin was pleased to find that using his brother's suggestion he was able to get a clear look at the face in the picture and enlarge it as well. He went on to say that he hoped he had been able to help. Hermione ended her perusal of the letter just as Harry asked.

"Love, what's it say? Was Colin able to sort out the picture?"

Hermione nodded her head as she turned to the group and sitting down in the empty seat between Harry and Kazimir she placed the picture down on the table before them. Staring up from a muggle photograph was a woman dressed in heavy black robes. Her completion was pale and ashen and the blond hair that adorned her head hung limply around her shoulders. Her features were pinched and she looked thin and frail. Her hazel brown eyes looked overly large for her face. Yet it was clear that she had once been a strikingly beautiful woman. As she studied the picture Hermione was struck by the sadness that hung around her features, she seemed haunted by some tragedy of her past. Hermione was vividly reminded of the countless photos she seen over the years of people who had been confined to Azkaban during the days when Dementors guarded the fortress. Hermione stared at the picture again and she wondered who this woman was and what had rendered her so lost. As her eyes lingered upon the picture Hermione listened to Harry and the others speculations, Kazimir was speaking.

"I know of no woman who would involve herself in something like this. As I've told Ronald all of my contacts have only presented the names of men to me. Is she familiar to either of you?"

Aleksandra shook her head.

"I have never seen such a voman. I can take a copy of the photograph vith me back to headquarters and see if she matches anyone in our files."

Harry cut in.

"Good idea but something tells me she's not going to turn up in any file any of us has."

Aleksandra nodded.

"Very true, if she has eluded capture this long she is no doubt very good at concealing herself.

Kazimir then interjected.

"You think she is a past supporter of Vo…Vo…Voldemort then?"

"Vhat else can explain it. Only one of his supporters vould or could have the knowledge to do such things as this voman has done!"

On the heels of that statement Hermione insinuated herself into the conversation for the first time.

"She is not a Death Eater."

Everyone's attention turned to Hermione. Kazimir posed a question.

"What makes you think that she isn't one of the Death Eaters who managed to escape capture?"

Aleksandra chimed in.

"She could have lied and said she vas placed under the Imperius Curse to evade capture."

Hermione shook her head adamantly.

"No, this woman…whoever she is…is no Death Eater…and I know she's done horrid things but I can see that she's suffered a great deal as well. It's that suffering that's causing her to do these things…she's acting out of pain not hatred."

Hermione quieted and all was quiet for several minutes before Harry spoke pacing about the room as he went.

"Death Eater or no I've got no chance of finding out who in bloody hell she is sat on my arse here in Greece. I need to get back to London to check some possibilities but if we turn up back there before our month's vacation is up Melbourne's bound to get suspicious."

Just as Harry finished off his thoughts Pig flew in through the open balcony doors twittering incessantly as he zoomed about Harry's head. Employing his seeker's reflexes Harry reached up and enclosed the small ball of fluff in his palm. Hermione relieved him of his roll of parchment and quickly unraveled it. Her eyes met with Luna's looping handwriting. As Harry opened his mouth to ask what the note said Hermione spoke.

"It's from Luna…Fleur's gone into labor…"

Harry paused in his pacing as Hermione's last words met his ears.

"And we've got the perfect excuse to go home early."

Harry's face broke into a broad grin as he nodded.

-->