Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by Sirius Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Sirius Potter

Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban

Chapter 1: The Return to Hogwarts

By: Sirius Potter

A/N: Sorry if I didn't clear this up but Harry would be in seventh year, the story started in the seventh year Christmas break, now it is NEWT time, so that would make it what end of May? Middle of June? Also thanks a lot for all of the reviews!! I love it, I expect to get that many for each chapter. Also if you like this story you should check out my other one False Prophecy, it had some spelling errors early on, but I believe those are now fixed. Well enjoy! Oh and yes there will be more flash backs there will be one in this chapter and a bunch in chapter 13, I might throw a few in here or there when I am writing a chapter and I fell it warrants it, but the two that are important to the plot that I have written out is in this chapter, and chapter 13.

Harry sat quietly at the dinner table, he was slowly picking at the Chinese food Sirius had ordered for them a while ago.

"Whaf's wrong?" Sirius mumbled as he wolfed down his chicken fried rice.

"Nothing, just a little nervous at returning to Hogwarts, and my old dorm." Harry had gotten a letter nearly a month ago from Albus Dumbledore telling him that the N.E.W.T.S. would be taken over a week long period. He enclosed a schedule for him, and also told him he would be staying in his old dormitory, and gave him the password to Gryffindor tower.

"Oh please Harry you will do fine tomorrow, remember you had the two best teachers ever." Sirius said with a smile on his face giving himself a little pat on the back.

"I know, I'm not worried about the tests, I'm worried about seeing everyone, I haven't seen them for years."

"I say, prank them! Prank them to your hearts content!" Sirius said he laughed quietly to himself, he had images of Harry pulling pranks on the whole school running throw his head.

"I don't know if I can… I mean, it would be one thing if they were really my friends, but there not. They abandoned me Sirius." Harry said as he started to get all depressed.

"Nonsense! Don't think that Harry! I am sure they will have a good explanation, you can't forget Harry being out of touch with someone things like this happens, letters slow, and school gets tougher. Plus its there loss Goldie." Sirius said with a chuckle. Sirius and Remus made Harry an honorary Marauder when Harry played a particularly funny prank right after Christmas on the two of them involving, a muggle blow up doll, and a few firewhiskeys. Harry didn't really care much for the nickname Goldie, now Moony, Padfoot, and Prongs were fine nicknames. But Goldie seemed a bit too feminine, but that is why they gave it too him, they constantly made fun of him for it.

"Yeah, yeah, I know I'm awesome, there loss, but still Sirius. Should I hold back at all…" Harry paused, as hunger finally won out and he took a large bit of his fried rice. "You know should, I not show all my magical abilities?"

Sirius paused and thought hard for a while. "I would say, yes on Defense Against the Dark Arts, because lets face it your freakishly good at that, and I guess I would say, shoot for an O on everything, don't try to overdue it. Unless of course it is to prank someone!" Sirius said and he started to laugh.

Harry looked sternly at Sirius and said "Damn it Sirius! I am having a major problem and all you can do is talk about pranking!" Harry yelled with a serious face at Sirius. Sirius looked a little taken aback at Harry and was about to apologize, when Harry erupted into a fit of giggles, and they both just laughed the rest of the night away, planning pranks, and telling old stories.

Harry arose early in the morning and packed a few things, just a couple of pairs of clothes, and his broom, he figured there was no need to bring his books, if he didn't know how to do it already, he certainly wouldn't learn it in the little time he was going to be there. Harry exited his room, and walked into the dinning room to find Sirius waiting for him with a small breakfast made for the two of them.

"Smells good" Harry said as he walked over to the table, and grabbed some eggs, and toast.

"Well obviously! We both know I'm a master chef!" Sirius exclaimed

Harry nearly spit out his food. He had many memories of Sirius's cooking, not too many of them found, he had a tendency to severely burn things.

Sirius noticed this and looked hurt and added "Come on its not that bad is it?"

"NO Padfoot no, you have gotten a thousand times better."

"Thank you Goldie." Sirius replied with a chuckle.

The two didn't talk much after that, they silently ate, but it wasn't an awkward silence at all. Once the meal was finished Sirius broke the silence.

"You will do fine Harry." He then got up, and pulled Harry into a hug and whispered "Make me proud son."

Harry responded with an "I love you Sirius, I will, I will." That was the last words spoken, both men shed a few tears, they hadn't spent any time away since the ran off together. Harry silently walked out of the house, once he was outside the apparation wards there was a loud pop, and Harry was standing just past the Hogs Head.

It was a dark cool June morning. It seemed a little odd to be in Hogsmeade again. No one was out or about. After trotting down the familiar street for awhile, the shrieking shack came into view, Harry inwardly laughed, Sirius had told him some funny stories about that place. Harry couldn't believe that everyone thought it was haunted.

After walking a while longer, Hogwarts came into view. It no longer made him feel warm and safe. He had once viewed it as his home, he no longer did. Harry walked a while longer and he soon passed Hagrid's cottage, he instantly felt guilty. He had forgotten to write to Hagrid. Hagrid had written to Harry on several occasions, and it occurred to him, that he kept forgetting to write, or he was too busy at the moment. He started to forgive Ron, and Hermione just a bit, maybe there reason for stop writing was just as innocent as Harry's. Either way, he made a mental note to visit the friendly giant before he left Hogwarts.

Harry finally made it to the castle doors, he knew he was supposed to go to the Great Hall right away. Charms testing was set to take place in about five minutes. Then Defense Against the Dark Arts would take place after dinner.

Harry stepped inside the castle, nothing seemed familiar. Sure it all looked the same, it just didn't feel like it used too, and that made Harry a little sad. Harry quickened his pace, he didn't want to be late for the Charms owl. He stepped inside the Great Hall, and all eyes instantly turned their attention to Harry.

Several teachers where in the Great Hall, including Remus, and Snape. Snape seemed to be scolding at Harry. Harry's hatred for Snape increased since the last time he meet him. Sirius, and Remus have told Harry many a story about the evil grease monkey. While Snape was blowing hatred at Harry, Remus seemed to doing the exact opposite. He was beaming at Harry, and that gave him a sense of confidence.

Harry made his way over to where the Gryffindor's, were all congregating. Several of them looked just shocked to see him, a few were smiling at him, including Hermione.

"Hi, everyone" Harry said with a smile

"H..H..Harry?" Hermione was the first to speak, she looked like she had seen a ghost. Instantly Ron came up from behind her, and tightly grabbed her hand.

"Hey, mate." Ron said

"Don't hey mate me." Harry said quietly

Ron seemed a little taken aback by this, and then asked "What is that supposed to mean Harry?"

"You know what it means, why did you stop writing?" Harry asked as he took a few steps forward, he was now face to face with the Weasley. Ron was still tall, he was no longer gangly he had gained several pounds, and filled in, and then some. Harry on the other hand, did grow nearly a foot, at six one he still stood short of Ron, but unlike Ron, Harry filled in better, he was more lean, and tough.

Hermione could notice the tension between the two of them and stepped forward. "This is not the time boys, we have N.E.W.T.S.!" Hermione scowled at them.

Harry saw something shiny on Hermione's chest and noticed that she had a Head Girl badge pinned on her. That wasn't all that he noticed about her chest. Out of the three of them Hermione was still by far the shortest. Her hair was still curly, but it had straitened slightly over the years, and it had also gotten slightly darker.

"Congratulations on being named Head Girl." Harry said changing the subject.

"Thanks" Hermione said, and she slightly blushed she noticed Harry checking her out.

"ATTENTION SEVENTH YEARS!" A tester yelled out

It took a few minutes for everyone to quiet down and pay attention to the tester.

"Ok, the Charms portion of the test will now begin, I will call you into a back room up here by house. The order will be Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, Slytherin, and finally Hufflepuff.

The testing went by really fast, and Harry knew why, the charms they had to do were extremely simple. Harry returned to the Gryffindor common room with everyone else but left shortly. They were all insanely studying for the Defense Against The Dark Arts NEWT, Hermione mentioned something like, they promised to be extremely tough this year, because of the return of You-Know-Who.

Harry spent about half an hour, wandering around the school trying to get reacquainted to the castle. After a while he made his way onto the grounds, and eventually to Hagrid's cottage. He knocked on the door, but there was no answer, not even the sound of a dog barking. Harry, was a little concerned, but he could hear laughter in the distance, so he rounded the corner behind the cottage and could see a group of students, and the large Hagrid.

Harry walked up closer, so he could hear and see what was going on. Harry noticed that Hagrid had a large Hippogriff next to him

"Can I get a volunteer to come up and pet Buckbeak?" Hagrid asked

No one raised their hand, Hagrid started too look a bit disappointed. After it was clear that no one was going to raise their hand Harry raised his own and called out "I will volunteer!" Harry had to half shout.

Hagrid who hadn't noticed Harry, immediately turned his whole body to Harry's direction. It took him nearly five seconds to realize it was Harry.

"Class dismissed" Hagrid said quietly.

There was a quiet chatter among the students, some of the wanted to stay and see the man with the scar on his forehead. But when the half-giant spoke they listened, and they all walked back up to the castle.

Harry silently walked up to where Harry and Buckbeak stood. He bowed extremely low to the Hippogriff, Buckbeak almost immediately bowed back. Harry started to softly stroke Buckbeak on the neck.

Hagrid looked amazed at how the Hippogriff took so fast to Harry.

"Listen Hagrid, I'm so sorry I lost touch with you. It was stupid, I got busy, I could list a hundred reasons why. But the fact of the matter old friend is, I was stupid for doing so." Harry said sincerely.

The half giant started to sob, and pulled Harry into a bone crushing hug. Harry was relieved to find that Hagrid forgave him so quickly. The two spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon in his cottage, catching up. Harry explained to him all about Sirius, Hagrid was so happy to hear about this. He told Harry that they used to be old friends. Harry agreed and even said "Yeah, I know, I'm actually supposed to ask what happened to Sirius's motorcycle." Hagrid looked extremely embarrassed at this, and exclaimed "Igot into a little accident." He then offered Harry some cakes, Harry politely refused Hagrids food, but happily drank the tea he made.

"Oh gees Hagrid, look at the time, I have to get up to the Great Hall for my DADA final."

The two said good bye and Harry trotted up to the castle. Harry scooted in with the other Gryffindor's, and slid in right next to Hermione. She softly smiled at Harry, Ron looked a little upset but he didn't have time to say anything

"Ok we will be calling you all up individually right now, since we have various spells it will not matter if you watch. We will begin with Hanna Abbot."

Harry, and the rest of the students in the Great Hall watched quietly as more and more names were called. Harry noticed that the spells that they were being asked to do were either the Patronus Charm, or an advanced disarming spell, that Harry had never seen before. He wasn't really concerned, he was confident if he got the one he never had seen, that all he needed to ask for was the incantation, and he would be fine.

Finally a voice rung out "HARRY POTTER!"

Harry, made his way up to the front of the Great Hall quietly, but yet confidently.

"Ah, Mr. Potter, I was surprised to see your name here. I take it you are trying to use that old wizarding law 30-11 to rejoin society?" The tester asked

"Ah, yeah, I guess if that is it's number. So will I be doing the Patronus, or the Disarming?"

"You will be doing the advanced disarming charm, and then the Patronus."

"Ok, what is the incantation for the advanced disarming spell?" Harry asked

"What you don't know? I am sorry, but we can't tell you that, if you can't disarm him you fail." The tester said, pointing to his assistant across the Hall.

"I am confused, if all I need to do is disarm him why not the Expelliarmus charm?"

"Because, Ted down there is an expert at blocking the Disarming charm, only the advanced can get by him. Now please try, I don't have all day." The tester said rudely.

Harry slowly pulled out his wand, all of the Great Hall was looking at him. Harry thought on a plan of action for a few seconds. 'Well, I guess I could send two spells simultaneously and hide it to look like one. It may be cheating, but I'll be damned if I fail at my best subject.' Harry thought to himself

Harry looked at the tester, and then at his target, he retrained his wand at Ted. Concentrated hard and yelled in his head 'REDUCTO! EXPELLIARMUS!' The two spells jumped at of his wand at once, and charged Ted at lightning speed, the Reducto curse smacked him square on, and then the disarming charm immediately followed. His wand flew right into Harry's hand, and he went flying painfully into the nearest wall.

"I don't know what you did. But that was bloody scary." The tester said amazingly. "Ok, know if you can make a perfect Patronus, you will be top of the class in Defense Against the Dark Arts."

Harry didn't even have to try. He lazily flicked his wand, and thought 'Expecto Patronum'. A large silver stag jumped out of his wand.

"Wow, I have never seen such a solid Patronus, nor have I ever seen it done non verbally. Do you practice it often?"

Harry looked at the tester and thought about the question, he then thought about the first time he had to learn it.

*Flash Back*

It was cold, there was nearly a hundred Dementors closing in on Harry and Sirius.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!" Sirius yelled, and a large silver Dragon appeared out of no where, and started to chase away some of the Dementors, but them something scary happened. All of them turned and attacked the Dragon, it didn't look good. Sirius was starting to look like he was weakening from trying to hold the Patronus.

"Harry, you have to try, I can't hold them off much longer." Sirius said desperately

"I don't think I can, I haven't been able to do it yet!" Harry exclaimed he was starting to get scared, and even weaker.

"JUST TRY!" Sirius yelled

Harry pointed his wand up, thought of something happy and shouted "EXPECTO PATRONUM!" Nothing

It was getting darker, Sirius was now on his knees, he mustered the strength to say "Again!"

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!" Again nothing

All of a sudden from a hill nearly a quarter of a mile away, there was a flash of bright light, and spell came rushing right at Sirius. It caught him hard in the shoulder, and Sirius was knocked out cold. It was getting darker, and colder.

Harry was going to try one more time. He concentrated hard, he thought of returning to Hogwarts, and seeing Hermione's beautiful face smiling at him just one more time. "EXPECTO PATRONUM!" Harry yelled, and a large silver stage jumped from his wand and started attacking the Dementors.

It happened again though, another spell from far away came rushing out of nowhere this time at Harry . Harry dropped to the ground just barley avoiding it. Harry didn't know what to do about Sirius he, racked his brain and thought of the only thing he could do. He pointed his wand at Sirius and said "Enervate" luckily it worked. Sirius eyes opened and he was able to slowly pull himself up.

"You did it Harry…" There wasn't much time to talk however, because another curse was rushing right at them. Both Harry, and Sirius jumped to the side to avoid it.

"Auror Snipers, there are only about a dozen trained, they invented some kind of spell that makes the wand longer, and puts a kind of muggle scope on it, they are deadly accurate up to a mile, grab onto my arm." Sirius said

Harry immediately obeyed, and grab a hold, and they both apparated away.

* End Flashback*

Harry looked at the tester, and replied "I guess you could say, I have used it once or twice"

"Well great job, you are by far the most gifted wizard I have seen in a long time!"

The rest of the N.E.W.T.S. flew by, sadly however time in between them did not. Everyone seemed so busy that they didn't want to spend time with Harry, Hermione was still the nicest, she tried talking to him several times. Ron would always come in though and seem to guard Hermione from Harry, it seemed like he didn't want Harry to be alone with her. Harry couldn't understand, why would his once best friend be treating him like this? It pushed him to the brink of depression. Luckily Remus was at the castle, and Harry spent most of his time with him. He even helped Remus, teach a group of third, and fourth years, the stunning spell, it was a blast to just sit there and stun Remus over and over again. Harry was relieved to know that he would be getting his results back the next day, he missed Sirius dearly.

A/N: Well I'm hoping you all still like it. Sorry it took so long but I got really busy. I am going to do an update on False Prophecy and, if you guys still like this story I will come back and do another chapter. Please Review!