Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by Sirius Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Sirius Potter

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Chapter 2: The Trial

By: Sirius Potter

A/N: Don't really have much to say, besides I hope you really like this chapter. The next one will be even more action packed! Again if you like this story check out my other one False Prophecy. Finally I have a plot idea going threw my head called Harry Potter and El Chupacabra does this sound entertaining to you guys?

The Great Hall was packed with seventh years waiting to get the results of their N.E.W.T.S. so they could know if they were graduating next week. Harry was once again sitting at the Gryffindor table, with Hermione on one side (Ron was on the other side of her) while Neville occupied the other side, whom was extremely happy to see Harry again.

"Harry what are you going to do after this?" Hermione whispered to Harry.

"Well I have a trial to see if I am capable of handling myself in the wizarding world at three this afternoon. Then I am going to go home, with … (Harry had not told a soul about Sirius, or his close relationship with Remus.) … with my Godfather, and then we are going on a mission to find a Death Eater."

"Oh wow, I didn't know you had a godfather Harry." Hermione said and smiled at him, Harry weakly returned the smile, and then turned his attention to the staff table where Headmaster Albus Dumbledore was about to speak.

"I must say congratulations! You wonderful seventh years, have scored the highest on these tests in years! I will call you all up by name to get your official grade sheet. First I will call the top girl, and then the top boy. Finally the rest of you by alphabetical order. Well this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, the top girl this year, and for the past seven years is Hermione Granger." Dumbledore said

The Gryffindor table erupted in cheers. Hermione looked like she was on the verge of tears, she ran up and got her grades and retook he seat. Once the Great Hall was quieted down again Albus started to speak.

"Now the top boy came as a surprise to me. He technically isn't even a student at Hogwarts. The top boy is the one and only Harry Potter." Albus said with a smile.

Harry got out of his seat, he was a little surprised, the entire student body also seemed surprised. Harry quickly made his way to where Dumbledore was standing and reached over to grab his grade sheet.

"Congratulations, Harry" Dumbledore whispered. Harry didn't say anything in return, he just grabbed the paper, and walked out of the Hall, he did not want to wait around for everyone. He opened up his grade sheet, to look at his scores, he was surprised, but yet not, all at the same time. The scores were the Following:

Defense Against the Dark Arts: O

Care of Magical Creatures: O

Transfiguration: O

Charms: O

Muggle Studies: O

Ancient Ruins: O

Astronomy: O

Potions: E+

Harry couldn't believe he only got an E+ in Potions, he had a lot of hands on training these past couple years, he was even learning how to brew Wolfsbane potion. Never the less though he was happy that he was top boy, the trial latter on in the day would have to let him back in now.

Harry somehow found his way down to the lake. It was pretty quiet most of the Student Body was in testing, he absentmindedly picked up a few stones and started to skip them into the lake. He couldn't kick this feeling of sadness, and anger. How could this have happened to him? He was supposed to be the boy who lived, the savior of the wizarding world. Now his only friends where two middle aged wizards who used to be his fathers best friend. Really there is nothing wrong with that. As close as he was to Sirius, and Remus he needed a real friend. Sirius was like a father to him, and Remus was like an extremely close uncle. He joked with them, had fun with him, but it wasn't like his days with Ron, and Hermione. Now at nearly eighteen he felt like he was getting too old to make new friends., and things seemed hopeless with his old ones especially Ron.

Suddenly however almost like a gift from God, a warm angelic figure sat next to him, and placed her arm around Harry.

"I'm so sorry I abandoned you." Hermione said sweetly, and genuinely.

"Its' ok, I'm sure you got busy or something." Harry said he didn't even look up at her.

"Listen, Harry, it wasn't my fault ok!" Hermione said as she was on the verge of tears. "When you told Ron, and I how much trouble with Auror's you were having, Ron came up with the idea that we don't owl you for a while so we don't blow your cover or anything. Then the owl's from you stopped. Ron suggested that we get closer because he didn't want to loose his last close friend, and I agreed. We've been going out ever since the end of third year." Hermione said as she started to softly sob

It suddenly all made sense to Harry, that is why Ron was being such a prat to him, he was jealous that he was back, he was being the jealous bastard that he had always been. Still hearing Hermione say that they were together killed him a little inside. He knew he loved her, he knew ever since the first time he made a Patronus.

"So… so you and Ron love each other?" Harry stammered

"Well I did, until recently. I still do, but just as a friend. I don't know how to tell him, I can't loose him, like I lost you. It's just that I love someone else, and it hurts me so bad whenever I see him, and even more so when I don't see him." Hermione said and she started to sob louder next to Harry.

"Who….." Harry started to ask but was cut of from behind by Ron

"HARRY YOU BLODDY PRAT! Are you trying to steal my girlfriend!" Ron swore and got up close to him.

"Ron, back off I'm not trying to steal her! She doesn't love me, she loves you! But you better get your act together if you want to keep her!" Harry said staring straight into Ron's eyes.

"Well… well… well, good for you Potter for not loving that filthy mudblood!" Draco sneered, he had walked up to them to see what all the commotion was about.

Immediately Ron's wand was out and trained at Draco, Harry managed to hold his cool.

"Malfoy, I'm surprised your here, shouldn't you be off with your father kissing Voldemorts ass!" Harry yelled back

Draco winced at the name Voldemort and softly said "You will not insult the Dark Lord if you know what's good for you." Draco hissed

"Fine, fine, fine, just run along and let me worry about big bad Voldemort." Harry said and turned his back to Draco and returned to staring at the lake.

Draco started to walk away but stopped and said. "I'm glad you learned from you fathers mistake of falling for mudbloods, though Snape always says your mom was a bit of a slut, so maybe that's why your dear old dad fell for her."

Anger boiled over and Harry lost control, he jumped to his feet, spun around, with no incantation, just pointed his wand at Draco and he instantly flew up into the air.

"I'm going to kill you Malfoy!" Harry yelled and he slowly started to choke all of the air out of the young Death Eater.

Ron, and Hermione stared in shock at Harry's sudden show of power. Luckily however Remus was making his way down and heard the fight.

"Harry let him go." Remus said softly

"I can't Remus! He called my mom, he called her a slut Remus!"

"I know Harry, but please don't ruin your chances at the trial."

"I DON'T CARE ANYMORE! I DON'T WANT TO REJOIN THE WIZARDING SOCIETY!" Harry yelled

"DAMN IT HARRY! PUT HIM DOWN! If you kill him, you will ruin Padfoot's chances too!"

Harry started to calm down, and realized what he was doing, and released his hold on Draco, he immediately fell to the ground with a loud thud.

Draco immediately opened his mouth "Professor, aren't you going to punish him! He nearly killed me! Do something!"

"You're right Draco I will do something, 100 points from Slytherin for insulting the greatest witch of her time." Remus said with a sadistic smile. He then added in a quieter voice "If you ever insult James, or Lily Potter again, I will let Harry kill you. Now get out of here!"

Draco did what he was told and ran back up to the castle.

"Come on Harry, we need to get to the ministry." Remus said

Harry slowly made his way to Remus, "Thank you Moony, I don't know what I would have done if I actually killed him." Harry said sadly

"It's ok Harry." Remus said and put a comforting arm around him, as the two made their way to Hogsmeade so they could apparate away.

Ron, and Hermione where still staring at the situation, dumbfounded really, how had Remus, and Harry known each other so well, and what the heck was a Padfoot?"

Once Harry, and Remus were in a safe area to apparate, Harry grabbed onto Remus's arm to make it look like he was side along apparating.

There was two loud pops, Harry, and Remus found them self in the entrance to the Ministry of Magic. There were five Auror's waiting for them.

"Good day, Professor Lupin, Mr. Potter. Mr. Potter sir, where going to have to ask you for your wand." An Auror said

Harry was a little taken aback by this, he didn't think he was going to have to surrender his wand. "Ah, I prefer to keep my wand on me. It's really one of a kind, or should I say one of two. It would be impossible to replace."


"I promise Mr. Potter, I will keep it safe with me the entire time, I will be at the hearing also."

Harry reluctantly handed his wand over.

"Good, now lets go."

Harry and Remus started to walk behind the small group of Auror's, but suddenly the Auror who talked to Harry stopped, and turned to face them, and then spoke. "I'm sorry Professor Lupin, but you are not allowed to come in."

"Why not?" Remus demanded

"The Minister believes if he rules against Harry, that you may try and help him escape."

Things were starting to bother Harry, it seemed that they were already against him, this was going to get ugly he thought.

"Oh trust me, if the Minister rules against Harry, he wont need my, help I'm sure I would just get in the way." Remus smirked at the Auror, and then added "Wand, or not."

The Auror seemed a little taken aback by this. "All the same Professor you can wait here."

Remus obliged, and the Auror's returned to walking, with Harry in tow. After walking a few minutes longer they reached the court room. The Auror lead Harry in, everyone was already in there. Prime Minister Fudge sat in a tall podium, below him, was a plump women, and the name plate in front of her read Dolores Umbridge. To the other side of the Prime Minister sat, which only could be the Wizengamot.

"Good to see that you could make it, please Harry take a seat." Fudge said out loud.

There was one wooden chair in the middle of the room, and Harry sat in it. Almost instantly chains jumped out from no where and locked him in.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!" Harry demanded

"Don't you dare talk to me like that Potter! It's just a precaution." Prime Minister Fudge said. "Now lets get this moving, I have a busy evening. I am going to ask you a series of questions, and you answer them truthfully."

Harry was venting with rage, he was already angry at Fudge, he knew this wasn't going to be fair.

"Alright, Potter, why did you blow up your aunt all those years ago?" Fudge asked

"By blowing her up, I want to clarify like a balloon, she wasn't harmed at all. I didn't try to, she was insulting my parents, and my anger did it. I didn't have control over my magic yet." Harry answered truthfully.

"Alright, I guess we can accept that, but please tell me why you attacked me that night?"

"I just disarmed you, I was scared, and young. I was afraid to go back to the Muggles that abused me." Harry again answered truthfully

"How have you been living over these past few years?"

Harry, Sirius, and Remus knew Fudge would ask this, Remus suggested they say with him, he didn't care if he got in trouble. "I ran into Remus Lupin, he was friends with my parents, and he helped me, he trained me."

"Yes trained you pretty good I see, Albus over there showed me your N.E.W.T. results." Fudge said and pointed over to Albus Dumbledore, who was head of the Wizengamot. "Now, Harry tell me why I should let you return to the wizarding world?"

"That is simple Prime Minister. I really didn't do anything wrong, I was a scared kid. I think I have more then proved myself worthy, I was after all top of my class." Harry said maybe a little too confidently.

Prime Minister Fudge talked quietly with his assistant Doloris Umbridge, and after a few minutes looked at Harry and said. "I'm sorry Harry, but I don't think you're being totally truthful with me. I will not let you rejoin the wizarding society, and I sentence you to ten years in Azkaban for attacking me. Andy, Ray, come take Mr. Potter away."

There was a murmur from the Wizengamot, two of the five Auror's that escorted Harry earlier made their way up to grab Harry. Harry didn't try to struggle against the chains of the chair, he just looked down sadly at his feet and said softly. "Don't do it Fudge, don't do it."

"Excuse me! How dare you order me, the Minister of Magic! Make that twenty years!" Fudge yelled

Harry was angry, he took a moment to calm down, and relax. As soon as he cleared his mind, he stretched out his hand as far as he could, and his wand instantly flew to it. What happened next took less then half a second. The chains on the chair fell off of Harry, he leapt to his feet, searched the thoughts of the Auror's, and stunned the two that where next to him, and two more that were planning on cursing him. All this was done without an incantation.

Harry was happy with his incredible feet of magic, and for the second time in his life trained his wand at the Minister.

"Listen Fudge, I was trying to be nice back there, but not anymore. You……" Harry paused he felt something invade his mind 'Lower your wand' 'Lower your wand' The voice rang louder and louder in his head, he almost wanted to obey it, almost. Harry closed his mind to attacks, and immediately turned his attention to the person casting the spell it was none other then his former hero, Albus Dumbledore.

Harry's anger instantly doubled, in one swift movement he pointed his wand at Dumbledore and yelled "Expelliarmus!" The powerful disarming charm instantly disarmed the wizard.

"Don't you try to use an unforgivable on me Dumbledore!"

Albus Dumbledore the supposed greatest wizard of his time was shocked. No one had been able to land a spell on him, for at least a couple of decades, he didn't know what to believe, we was proud, scared, and angry all at the same time. "I was just trying to help." Albus said sadly but yet truthfully.

Harry threw Albus his wand back, trusting that he wouldn't try that again. Harry was able to turn his attention back to a stunned looking Prime Minister. "Listen, you have had it against me from day one! If you apologize for sending me away for the past few years, all will be forgiven, and you guys will have made a powerful alley against Voldemort." Harry paused as everyone except Dumbledore cringed at the name and then continued. "If you don't you will have made yet another powerful enemy." Harry turned his attention back to the Wizengamot. "I am walking out of here in one of two ways, you can realize the truth, and denounce Fudges stupidity! Or you can be ignorant, and I will blast my way out. But be rest assured, I am done sitting around doing nothing!" Harry said, hoping he didn't have to do the latter of the two.

The Wizengamot talked quietly for a few minutes, and then Albus Dumbledore rose and spoke. "We agree with you Mr. Potter. It is the decision of this great court, to overrule Prime Minister Fudge, not only are you a free man, but you are now a full, and respected member of the wizarding world…." Harry didn't wait for him to finish. At this moment he hated Albus Dumbledore, and walked out to find Remus.

Harry walked quickly and quietly, thinking of what the headlines in the Prophet would say, it made him smile.

"What's with the smile Harry?" Remus asked once Harry reached him.

"I will tell you and Sirius all about it." Harry smiled some more, a wicked sort of smile. Remus didn't catch on and there were two loud pops, and the two of them apparated away.

A/N: Well I hope it was good, please review! Every review I get motivates me a bit, I'm addicted to 20 a chapter now! Ok well next chapter will be called The Quest for a Rat.