Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by Sirius Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Sirius Potter

Harry and The Prisoner of Azkaban

Chapter 7: The Order of the Phoenix

By: Sirius Potter

A/N: As I start this chapter I want to first say sorry that it is going to take so long to get out. I had a big state test that I needed to do for my job, written and skills so I had to study hard. As I start this it is Thursday, and I am going away for the weekend so I hope I can get this up soon for you guys. Better late then never, I hope at least! Please enjoy!

"Come on guys let's go!" Remus shouted as he stood at the entry to their house.

"Yeah, yeah, one minute." Harry hollered back

"You're supposed to be initiated today, hurry up!" Remus yelled once again.

"Yeah come on slow ass!" Sirius yelled, as he joined Remus at the entry.

"Oh screw you Sirius, you just got out here, alright let's go." Harry said finally joining them.

The three of them made their way silently to the apparation barrier, the sound of three cracks could be heard as they all apparated just outside the Hogwarts grounds.

"Come on, we need to make up some time." Remus said, and started to run to the entrance of Hogwarts.

The three of them made it up to the castle in no time. "They are in the Great Hall" Remus said, and the three of them turned left, and opened a few doors, and suddenly found themselves in the Great Hall overlooking, about two dozen witches, and wizards sitting at a long single table. The first witch he noticed was Hermione, she looked up and gave Harry a small smile, and a wink before returning her attention to the notes in front of her. The next person he noticed was Snape. Oh how he loathed him, he could feel evil magic just radiating off of him.

"Sirius, Remus, welcome back to The Order of the Phoenix." Albus said and motioned for them to take their seats. Once Sirius, and Remus were sitting Albus spoke again. "Harry, you are here to take a sacred oath, and to join the Order of the Phoenix?"

"The only oath I will take is too promise, to destroy all that is evil." Harry said glaring down at Snape, who shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

Albus smiled at this, and said. "I think that would be good enough, please Mr. Potter take a seat." Albus said, and the table expanded a bit, and a chair appeared out of nowhere next to Sirius, and Remus. Harry immediately took this as his queue and he took a seat.

"Alright, now that everyone is situated we can begin. First off, let me welcome everyone To the order of the Phoenix. Now this isn't all of our members, those of us that couldn't make it are the majority of the Weasley's, Neville Longbottom….." Harry was surprised to hear that Neville was in the order, from what he remembered of the bloke he always seemed to fumble around or something. Harry decided to forget about it and pay attention Albus. "… Now I need to assign some of you here at Hogwarts, Mr. Wealsey, Ms. Granger." Albus said looking at the two teens. "Since you both our fresh out of school, I think it would be appropriate for you to be stationed her, you can stay in the teachers quarters, but you may have access to Gryffindor hall. I believe not only will you do a good job defending the castle, but you will also be a liaison for the students to confide in. Tonk's I also wish for you to stay here, as an Auror you will add even extra protection. On top of that Severus, and Remus will already be here, simply because I wish for you both to continue to teach."

When the punky looking witch that Albus called Tonks heard, that Remus was a teacher at Hogwarts, she bit her lip, and winked at Remus, who instantly bushed. Sirius, and Harry grinned at each other, each thinking of ways to torment the poor werewolf when they got home.

Albus talked for at least another hour, informing everyone about suspected Death Eaters, Death Eater attacks, and so on. Harry found it all rather boring, and paid little attention to it.

"Ok, well that is it for now. I may contact individuals, but the whole group will meet at the last day of every month to share information. Mr. Potter if you could please stick around." Albus said and ended the meeting, Sirius, and Remus waved Harry good bye. Hermione ran up to Harry gave him a giant hug, and kissed him on the cheek before she ran off to join Ron, who was spitting venom at Harry.

"If you could follow me please Mr. Potter." Albus said, and the two of them walked quietly to the Headmasters office. Albus said the password "Blow Pop" and the Gargoyle that guarded the entrance jumped aside. Still silent the two of walked up the steps and into the office. "Please Harry sit." Albus said. Harry sat in the same chair that he used to frequent so often a lifetime ago.

"Harry, I am going to cut right down to the chase. Voldemort has been around to long to waste a lot of needed time with information. Have you ever heard of a Horcrux?" Albus asked looking deep into Harry's soul.

"Vaguely, I read about it in a book once. I must say I was intrigued, but I couldn't find any other information on it." Harry answered truthfully.

"Well, as I'm sure you know a Horcrux split's a part of your soul, and practically making you immortal. I believe Voldemort made six of them."

"Six! That is horrible, it is bad enough for one, but six of them?" Harry really didn't ask, he was just disgusted that someone would do such a horrible thing.

"One is already destroyed however." Albus said with a twinkle in his eye.

"The diary." Harry said softly

"That is right, now I believe I know where some of the remaining ones are located, and I am working on the rest. I have a lot of memories that I have gathered from different people that made me come to this conclusion. If anything ever happens to me where I can no longer help you, all the information to figure this out on your own, is in my pensive, in that closet." Albus said, pointing to his right.

"Why not show me know?" Harry asked

"Because, like I said earlier we have wasted to much time, lets go destroy one now!" Albus said standing up with a rush of power.

"Where are we going?"

"An abandoned orphanage, we will apparate right outside of it, the muggle address is 7666 Churchill street. I will momentarily take the apparation wards down. Let's go on the count of three. One…two…three." Albus said, and with two loud cracks they were gone.

Harry and Albus both rematerialized at the same time just outside of what looked like an abandoned warehouse.

"This was an orphanage?" Harry asked

"Oh yes, one of the first in all of London. This is where none other then Tom Marvolo Riddle called his childhood home. Well, let's get this done with." With that Albus opened the door to the orphanage. As soon as the door opened both Harry and Albus felt it, it was a chilling, evil magical signature.

"Something terrible is definitely here." Harry said out loud.

"I believe we will find it in his old room, keep behind me Harry, if we run into a trap, I want you to be far enough away, so it wont get us both."

The closer the two of them got to Voldemort's old bedroom, the darker it also got, both of the wizards muttered "Lumos"

"It's behind that door." Harry said as soon as he saw the door that lead to the bedroom.

Albus carefully and slowly walked up to the door, and turned the knob. Nothing it was locked… "Alohomora !" Dumbledore commanded and the door burst open.

"That was easy, too easy." He mused just loud enough for Harry to hear.

Once they stepped inside the evil chilling feeling grew a hundred times worse, the room was huge. Almost as big as Gryffindor tower. There had to be at least fifty beds, going up and down on each side of the room, all of them seemed to be deteriorating, each bed held a small dresser next to it, they also seemed to be deteriorating. There was one bed, and one dresser however that seemed to be in perfect shape, it was even glowing a bit.

"I can't believe Tom would do that." Albus said

"What do you mean?"

"When I first came to inform Tom that he was a wizard he had hidden a variety of objects that he had stolen from fellow orphans in that very same dresser. It is almost like he placed the Horcrux in there to… to… taunt me." Albus informed Harry and walked closer to the dresser.

"Could it be so simple?" He asked himself. He flicked his wand like he did so many years ago to retrieve the stolen goods. This time however nothing jumped out. However one drawer glowed red, and the evil chill seemed to grow stronger. In an almost trance like state, Albus walked right up to the dresser, and placed his hand on the drawer that glowed red. He pulled back and the drawer and opened it with ease. Inside revealed a beautiful black ring with Serpents on it, in the shape of the Slytherin S. Before reaching to grab it Albus turned his head and nodded at Harry. His hand slowly found its way to the ring. As soon as he clutched his fingers around it, a jet of black light, appeared out of no where heading straight for Albus.

"LOOK OUT!" Harry yelled, Albus spun around to see the spell rushing straight at him, there was nothing he could do, luckily for him, Harry was on the ball. With two quick flicks of his wand, Harry sent an absent piece of ruble into the air, and then had it intercept just in time with the black light. The tiny piece of ruble blew up on impact with the black light, shattering it into thousands of pieces, however it did its job and the curse was gone.

Albus sighed with relief and looked gratefully over at Harry. "Bloody Hell! Thank you Harry, do you have any idea what that curse would have done?" Albus asked, swearing for the first time ever in front of Harry.

"No." Harry simply said, he was shocked at hearing his former headmaster swear.

"It causes your whole body, to burn and blacken, it is one of the most painful deaths known to the wizarding world. I am sure I would have been able to stop it before it killed me, but at the very least it would have severely damaged one of my limbs permanently. Come on Harry let us get out of here. I've a bad feeling." Albus said, with the ring securely in his pocket, the two of them set of at a brisk run.

It seemed easy, too easy to retrieve a Horcrux, from what Harry knew about them, it didn't seem possible that Voldemort would only have one curse protecting it. Everything became clear a moment latter however as they entered the main entrance room. The room was almost as big as the bedroom they were just in. Unlike when they entered, the entrance Hall was not empty, hundreds of partially decomposed bodies now occupied it, and they where slowly making their way towards the two wizards.

"Inferi." Albus spat

"I'm thinking Inferno? What about you Albus?" Harry asked with a huge smile now on his lips, this is what he lived for, a good fight!

"Really Harry? Don't you think that is a little overboard?" Albus said, joining Harry with his smile. "Well, Mr. Potter if you insist."

The two wizards slowly, and simultaneously brought their wands up and pointed them directly ahead and thought 'INFERNO!' Instantly out of both wands, a windstorm of fire erupted, filling the whole room up with fire, except for the area right around Harry, and Albus. Thirty seconds later the fire was gone, and all that remained of the Inferi where, the once again lifeless bodies severely charred.

"That was easy enough, may I suggest that we get out of here before anything else shows up." Albus said, and started to once again run to the entrance door. Harry immediately followed.

Now in the lead, Harry pointed his wand at the door and bellowed "REDUCTO!" The entrance door's blasted open, allowing the two of them to exit the building without touching anything else.

Once they where safely outside of the Orphanage the both of them caught their breath and Albus finally spoke. "The wards around my office are down again, lets go." Without bothering to count, there were two loud cracks, and the two of them were gone.

There was two loud pops in the headmasters office, as Harry, and Albus disapperated safely home. "We did it!" Harry yelled for joy

"Yes we did!" Albus said his eyes magically twinkling bright blue. "We are not yet done though. We still need to destroy the blasted thing." Albus said and pulled the ring out of his pocked and set it on his desk. "Now destroying a Horcrux is much easier then finding one. Yes the spell, is long, and rather tiring, the incantation is Reductium Allcovius Horcruence. It is nonverbal, watch me this time, and I will let you try it next time." Albus said, and slowly pulling his wand up, both where extremely quiet as Albus concentrated hard. Suddenly a bright white light slowly came out of Albus's wand and made its way to the ring. The light wrapped itself around the ring, and after a few moments, a small crack appeared in the center of the black jewel, and the white light purred into it, a few moments later there was a blinding flash, and the light was gone.

"Wow." Harry stated he was amazed by this spell.

"Oh, yes wow indeed. This is a very powerful spell." Albus said, while at the same time slipping the ring around his finger. "Now Harry, if you don't mind I would to come home with you for a minute. I know it is late, but I'm sure Mr. Lupin, and Mr. Black are still up waiting for you. I think it is best if I explain to them what exactly we where doing tonight." They waited a few moments, while Albus once again took the apparation wards down, and the two of them apparated to Harry's house.

Albus was indeed correct, lights where on at the house. The two of them quickly made there way into the unlocked house.

"If you would please do the honors Harry?" Albus asked

"Sonorus" Harry muttered softly and the spell magically magnified his voice, and then yelled "MOONY! PADFOOT! GET OUT HERE, ALBUS HAS SOMETHING TO TELL YOU!" Harry flicked his wand ending the spell.

Sirius was the first to enter the living room, where Albus, and Harry where now waiting. Sirius had a wicked sort of grin on his face. Before Harry could ask him why, he received his answer, out walked into the living room, was none other then an extremely flushed Remus Lupin, and the 'spunky' girl from the Order meeting that Harry knew was Tonks, to top it off she was wearing one of Remus's robes.

"Ah, Ms. Tonks what a pleasant surprise. I guess you can know about this too, please have a seat." Albus said looking inquisitively at the pink haired witch, trying desperately to hold back a smile.

Harry and Sirius however had no such ideas as trying to hold theirs back, both were grinning from ear to ear, laughing at the embarrassed witch, and wizard.

A/N: Again sorry it took so long, please keep up with the good work on reviews! The next chapter will be entitled Dumbledore's Sacrifice. I hope to get it out within a couple of days, so review!