Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Vampiress and Veelan by Nival Vixen
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Vampiress and Veelan

Nival Vixen

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, don't sue me! (a/n: Thanks to everyone for reviewing! I really appreciate it! Read on, oh faithful ones!)

Chapter Seventeen

Early Saturday morning, Sept. 21

Blaise, Neville and Seamus watched as Luna writhed in the hammock they'd created. They hadn't slept since she'd woken up and found that Colin hadn't returned. From that moment, Luna had started to See, and now, almost three hours later, she still hadn't stopped Seeing. At the moment, her white eyes were wide and unblinking. Even though Luna had specifically told them not to do anything while she was like this, it still didn't stop them from worrying about her.

"I wish Colin would come back. He's hurting her even more by being away," Neville murmured, taking Luna's hand.

"He's hurting himself too, though. Colin loves Luna more than his own life. The fact that he sacrificed Apollo should show that," Blaise said in return.

"It does, but still ... Oh, I don't know. I suppose I just don't like to see them fighting. Luna needs him to be here," Neville said with a sigh.

Seamus wrapped his arm around Neville's waist and hugged him to his chest.

"He'll come around," Seamus murmured.

"I hope so," Neville said with a heavy sigh, looking at Luna once more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But it's a living being! The moment you did the spell, you gave them life and feelings too!" Cassandra protested angrily.

"Cassandra, I suggest that you calm yourself," a voice rumbled in warning.

Zeus.

She continued on, ignoring the warning. She already knew every single possibility of what would happen anyway. None of them ended well.

"You can not just do that to them! They have hearts, and they beat just as ours do!" Cassandra said, crying now.

"Cassandra," Zeus said in a warning tone.

"My Lord! You must have some mercy! They are mere humans and know not what they do!" Cassandra cried, her body full of human emotions.

"I am well aware of their incapabilities, Cassandra," he replied angrily. "And I have been far more merciful than other gods," Zeus muttered, his eyes dark. "They have had reign over themselves for far too many years. Now is the only time I am able to do this without the rest of the Pantheon," Zeus said, more to himself now.

"My Lord! Please, do not do this! There is hope still. You yourself brought them into the mortal world, do you not remember?"

"I remember clearly, Cassandra. Do not insult my memory, or I shall revoke your gift," Zeus growled.

Cassandra cried loudly, her eyes turning white as her body glowed gold.

"Honestly, Apollo. Must be so dramatic and use Cassandra to gain entry onto Mount Olympus? She did not recover properly for fifty years the last time you did that," Zeus grumbled, taking hold of his largest lightning bolt.

"Father," Apollo said, briefly stopping him.

"What is it, Apollo?" Zeus muttered briefly. "I am trying to rectify the world, if you can not tell."

He aimed the lightning bolt directly at the middle of the world. He remembered the last time he had done this. Had it really only been fifty thousand years ago? he wondered in surprise. Mortals were getting worse each and every time.

"And destroy the sea again? Poseidon will need healing on Mount Olympus again, and we both know that Uncle would not be fond of that," Apollo tried to convince his father.

"He will forgive me within after a few thousand years. Poseidon just becomes restless when there are no mortals to worship him," Zeus said, waving off his concern.

"And what of Artemis? She will be killed, as will I once I return."

"So you worry for yourself only, I see. You have not changed at all since Artemis helped deliver you into the world, Apollo," Zeus grumbled.

He checked his aim once more and drew his arm back to throw the bolt.

"What of the Pantheon? You have not called a Council, have you? I do not think that you will be forgiven for this. This time alone, it took well over twenty thousand years for the mortals to become civilised," Apollo said

"The Council is still undecided on that, actually," Zeus muttered.

"All right. Then what of Athena? You are not going to leave her to perish on the mortal plane, are you? And you know your agreement with her, just as well as you know the agreement you have with all of us. You cannot destroy Gaia again until our job has been fulfilled," Apollo said.

Zeus lowered his arm. He could not risk his favourite child. If he sent the bolt now, then there would not be enough time for her to return to Mount Olympus, and as he had swallowed her mother, Metis, it would be almost impossible to have another child. And even with all of his powers, Zeus knew even if they did have another child, he would not love her as much as he did Athena.

Muttering to himself, Zeus returned the lightning bolt to the others.

"Another fifty years is all we ask," Cassandra said, stepping forward once more.

"Fifty mortal years is nothing to you," Apollo added quickly.

Zeus sat on his throne once more.

"Very well. Fifty mortal years is granted. If you have not succeeded in your tasks by that time, then Gaia will be reborn once more," Zeus said. "Apollo, you are to stay here for a few weeks to learn and recover from your ascent," Zeus said.

Apollo went to argue, but then thought better of it and closed his mouth once more.

"You are not to return to the mortal world until you have learnt how to ascend to Mount Olympus without Cassandra. Honestly, boy! You would think that over one million years would give you that ability," Zeus muttered, dismissing them both.

At Zeus' dismissal, Apollo disappeared to his place on Mount Olympus and Cassandra faded back into Luna's body.

He did not even give them time to say farewell...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luna's body slowly returned to the hammock, her body filling with pain from the erratic movements.

"Colin?" she murmured, blinking finally. "Oh. Sorry. How long have you all been awake?" Luna asked, sounding tired.

"Don't worry about us, Luna. You should have a dreamless potion," Neville said.

"I will take it if you all promise to get some sleep," Luna said, a brief smile on her face.

"All right. Where's the potion?" Neville asked, getting off the bed.

"Top drawer," Luna murmured.

Neville opened the drawer and sorted through the various vials inside, finally finding the potion.

Seamus conjured a goblet while Neville opened the vial and poured it inside.

"Drink all of it up, mind you," Blaise murmured as Neville put the goblet in her hands carefully.

Luna gave him a half-hearted glare before drinking all of the potion.

"Do not patronise me, Blaise. I can still ... beat you ... " Luna said, starting to yawn and trailing off completely as a dark and empty sleep took her over.

Blaise and Seamus waited a few minutes to ensure that she really was asleep before laying on the bed once more, and sleeping too. Neville took the goblet from Luna's hand and set it on top of the drawers, replacing the now-clean vial inside the top drawer.

Neville watched his two lovers, and Luna as they slept through the night and early morning. He didn't sleep at all.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

Waking up to bright sunlight in her eyes, Ginevra yawned and stretched as she sat up. Seeing the trees surrounding her, she frowned and blinked a few times before her mind revealed the memories of the previous night.

Draco muttered something beside her, not awake yet. She smiled at him, lightly tracing the patterns on his face. The touch woke him up properly, and he looked at her briefly before pulling Ginevra down to his body for a prolonged kiss.

"Good morning to you too," she murmured with a laugh, pulling away.

Draco smirked and continued to hold her, his wings brushing up against her bare skin.

"Draco," she growled, the sound low in her throat. "You had better stop that."

"Why?" he asked, smirking at her.

"Because Garion and Jules are standing behind you," Ginevra replied seriously.

"Sorry to interrupt, Draconius," Garion said pleasantly, stepping into the clearing.

Jules just grinned at them as she followed her husband into the clearing.

Draco flushed slightly, and used his wings to cover their exposed bodies. Ginevra quickly put on the shirt and skirt from the night before, then left Draco's side, redirecting Garion and Jules' attention so Draco could put his pants on in relative privacy.

"My apologies, Lord Garion, Lady Julianne," Draco said with a bow.

"There is nothing to apologise for," Jules said with a smile. "Most of the others have not even considered waking up, let alone getting changed," she said, laughing softly.

"Would you care to accompany us back to the cottage? It will be a shorter return trip to Hogwarts," Garion added.

"Our thanks for your consideration, Lord Garion," Draco replied.

"We will Side Apparate, if you do not mind. We only flew here last night to comply with tradition," Jules said with a grin, taking Ginevra's arm.

Garion took Draco's arm and the four of them Apparated back to the cottage.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

"We will return in a moment," Garion said when they arrived, taking Draco aside.

Ginevra watched as they walked into an adjoining room, then looked to Jules curiously.

"The final part of becoming a Full Blooded Veelan is done in secret, and one on one with a Veelan Ancient," Julianne explained with a smile. "Would you care for some tea?" she asked, moving her hand.

A tray with a teapot, tea cups and saucers rolled over from the corner of the room.

"Oh, yes thank you," Ginevra said.

"I assume that you have some questions after learning that I am Xavier's sister?"

"A few," Ginevra admitted with a grin.

"You may ask, but I may not be able to answer all of them," Jules said with a nod, passing the cup of tea to Ginevra.

"Thank you," Ginevra said, taking a sip before beginning her questioning. "Why are the Vampires and Veela's at war, if you are Xavier's sister?"

"We are not all at war with one another. There are different Veela and Veelan clans. Some of the Veela got terribly upset over the lack of affection from Virginia Weasley, or upset at the over-affection she showed to some clans," Jules said.

"You mean to say that this entire war is because of Virginia?" Ginevra asked, too shocked to notice that she had interrupted the Veela Ancient.

"In a matter of words, yes. Virginia loves war, and so she uses any excuse to create bloodshed. Most of the Vampires do not realise that she was the cause of it, as the Veela's simply got into a frenzy and attacked the Vampire stronghold without warning or letting them know why. Quite rude on our parts, I realise," Julianne said with a smile.

"But Garion has such hate towards Virginia, why do you not fight?" Ginevra asked.

"He hates her for causing the war between our clans. Before her, we were all very close with one another. Garion lost his brother among the politics of this war, and has not spoken to him for over forty years. Garion also hates Virginia as she killed his father after seducing him. Her part was needless in that affair. I t was between the Quintapeds and the Veela's," Jules muttered, shaking her head. "We still refrain from joining the war due to common sense. We have lost a lot of our clan to others, as they are intent on killing her. They do not realise that Virginia can do the same to them as she did to Lord William. Or perhaps they do realise it, yet think that they may outsmart her and kill her," Jules mused, sighing heavily before drinking more of her tea.

"So only some of the clans are fighting against Virginia?" Ginevra queried.

Julianne shook her head, a look of regret on her face.

"We are the only clan who is not fighting. I refuse to fight my brother just because of the being he is. I am a being too, and that would not only be hypocritical of me, it would also be rather stupid. I watched him become a Vampyre and I held no prejudice towards him even as I watched him Drink from Agnes. I held no anger towards him when I was burned at the stake and I forgave him for not being able to help even after fifty years. If I did not hate him before, during or after my first death, I would not be able to hate him now for something that he has no control over," Julianne said practically.

"You were burned at the stake?" Ginevra asked, her mouth dropping open in shock. "And what do you mean by first death? How many times can you die?"

Julianne laughed lightly, then finished the rest of her tea with an amused look.

"I may tell you one day, but it will not be today. You need to return to Hogwarts with Draconius. I will see you again, my niece," Jules said with a wink.

As she finished her sentence, Garion returned with Draco following behind him. Draco looked slightly shocked, but also seemed as if he knew all of the world's mysteries.

Ginevra watched as Draco's wings folded back and disappeared into his back. As his wings returned to his body, the patterns on Draco's face faded away as well.

He smiled at her briefly, then bowed to Garion.

"I thank you, Lord Garion. I am truly honoured for your knowledge," Draco said.

"You are welcome, Draconius. I am proud of you," Garion said, returning his bow.

"Now that the formalities are over, I do think a hug is in order," Julianne said, smirking and laughing when her husband scowled at her.

Garion and Draco gave each other a brief hug, making both Jules and Ginevra roll their eyes.

"Over one hundred and eighty years together, and he still refuses to hug anyone but me," Jules muttered in Ginevra's ear as she hugged her tightly.

"I heard that, Jules," Garion said, smirking at her.

"You were meant to," she replied with a laugh.

"The Floo system is set up so that you can return to Hogwarts. You will arrive in Albus' office. I have already given your clothes back to Draconius," Garion added, smiling at Ginevra.

"Farewell Draconius, Ginevra," Jules said, waving both of them off as they used the Floo system.

"Good bye!" Garion called.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

"Welcome back," Dumbledore greeted them with a smile. "Did you have a good Hunt?"

"Exceptional," Draco replied, smirking.

"And you, Ginevra? I have been told that you are Artemis' lion," Albus said, smiling broadly.

"I had a very interesting night," Ginevra replied vaguely, a smile on her face too.

"Perhaps you would both prefer to change before leaving? I do not think the other students would be able to resist both of you in Veela attire," Dumbledore said, his eyes twinkling as he showed them to separate rooms.

As Draco handed her clothes to her, Ginevra went bright red and hurried into the room to change. She'd forgotten that she was wearing little less than a few scraps of material!

Chuckling to himself, Draco went into the other room and changed too.

"I have informed Professor Moody that you will not be present for your morning training session, Miss Weasley," Albus said as she came out of the room.

"Oh. Thank you. Lupin will be expecting me?" Ginevra asked, buttoning her robe quickly.

"Yes," Albus said, a knock at the door interrupting what he was going to say.

As Draco came out of the room, Albus answered his office door.

"Ah, Mr. Longbottom. I had hoped you would come early. Good morning, Mr. Finnegan, Mr. Zabini," Albus said cheerfully.

"What are you two doing here?" Neville asked as he saw Draco and Ginevra.

"I could ask the same about you," Draco drawled, smirking.

"We just got back," Ginevra answered.

"We're going with Neville to meet his parents," Seamus said, looking proud.

"We also have the pleasure of meeting his Gran," Blaise said, not sounding quite as thrilled about that part.

"You don't have to come, you know," Neville said nervously.

"Don't be silly, ye git," Seamus said. "We're definitely coming," he murmured with a smirk. At Albus' polite cough, he added, "To meet your parents."

Neville nodded, looking a bit brighter.

"The others want to watch for some reason," he said to Ginevra. "I don't know why, but could you do that for them?" Neville asked.

"Of course," Ginevra said. She hugged him, then left with Draco.

"They're your friends, so they want to meet your parents too," Blaise said seriously.

"You should probably leave now if you are not to keep your Grandmother waiting," Albus intervened.

Neville nodded, and went over to the fireplace. He put the Floo powder into the fireplace, and stepped into the green flames.

"London Floo transport centre," he said clearly, then disappeared.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

Draco and Ginevra hurried to Ginevra's rooms. As soon as they arrived, they were pulled into the meeting room. Nearly everyone was waiting in there, popcorn surrounding them on the table.

"Hurry up, would you? They've probably Flooed by now!" Pansy said.

"Nice to see you too," Draco said with a smirk.

"Where's Luna and Colin?" Ginevra asked, not seeing them, or her brothers, in the room.

"Luna is sleeping in her room still. Neville told us not to wake her. Apparently she took a dreamless potion last night," Parvati replied.

"Fred and George are looking after Colin in the shop," Padma added.

"Now can you get it up? They're probably at St. Mungo's by now!" Millicent muttered.

"What do you need? I can do a sheet of water on the wall if you want," Theodore offered.

Ginevra nodded and in a second, a large pool of water was on the surface of the wall.

"Don't ask how, just get it up," he murmured.

Ginevra took Draco's hand and concentrated. A few seconds later, a picture flickered onto the water before steadying properly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neville looked nervous as he watched the fireplace. What if they had decided to stay after all?

He was only a few streets away from St. Mungo's, but he didn't want to leave in case they were still coming. He breathed a sigh of relief when Seamus, then Blaise walked out of the fireplace, brushing the soot off their robes.

"Blaise kept trying to get into the fireplace before me, and we ended up having to do heads or tails to see who could go first," Seamus muttered, hitting Blaise with a glare.

Blaise grinned sheepishly, then looked at Neville.

"Are you all right?" he asked, frowning.

"Fine. Great," Neville said too cheerfully, his voice nervous.

"Where do we go from here?" Seamus asked, trying to brush off a stubborn patch of soot.

"Just down a few streets to the Purge & Dowse shop," Neville replied, then led them out of the Wizard Transport Centre.

Blaise and Seamus followed Neville quickly, looking to each other in concern when they saw how nervous he was. They arrived at Purge & Dowse ten minutes later, the sign saying that it was 'Closed for Refurbishment'.

"Hello. We'd like to visit my parents, please," Neville said to the dummy inside the store window.

The dummy clad in green velvet gave a nod, crooked a finger at them, motioning them to come forward. Neville walked through the window without hesitation, disappearing from sight. Seamus and Blaise hurried to follow him.

The reception area was nearly empty, with only three people waiting for Healers. One lady who had a teapot stuck to her shoulder. She whistled loudly, and the teapot started steaming noisily.

Neville went over to the desk marked Enquiries, the plump blonde witch behind the eying him for any noticeable injuries.

"Welcome to St. Mungo's. What's wrong with you?" a Welcoming Witch asked abruptly.

"I'm Neville Longbottom. I'm here to visit my parents on the fourth floor," Neville said. "They're with me," he added as the Welcoming Witch looked at Blaise and Seamus with her critical eye.

"Frank and Alice on the Fourth floor? Good luck with them," the witch said dismissively.

Blaise had to hold Seamus back before he hexed the witch in anger.

"Well? Go on! You know where the stairs are," she said, waving the three of them off as a couple walked in, their arms wound together like vines around a tree. "Next!"

"She was nice," Blaise muttered sarcastically.

A Healer in a lime green robe bumped into Seamus, muttered loudly about rude patients, then hurried over to a witch who had a long nose that was continuing to grow with every passing second.

Blaise and Seamus followed Neville through the double doors and along the narrow corridor, the portraits of famous Healers floating on the walls. Crystal baubles filled with candles floated up on the ceiling, lighting the portraits and the long corridor.

Seeing that they were alone, Blaise smirked, and pulled Neville and Seamus to him, kissing both of them hungrily.

They pulled apart abruptly when one of the Healer portraits gave a dramatic gasp, practically running down the corridor like they had a bucket of paint.

"We're not contagious, you f ... " Seamus started to yell after the Healer.

Neville quickly covered Seamus' mouth, only releasing it when he was sure he wouldn't say anything.

"Why'd you do that for?" he muttered.

"That's Healer Lancelot. Gran knows the person who has his house portrait. If she accepts us, then she'll deal with him," Neville said briefly, starting up the stairs.

"If she accepts us? You mean you haven't told her yet?" Blaise asked, he and Seamus quickly following him.

"I told her that I was bringing my partners today. As it was, she wasn't happy about the plural part of it," Neville answered nervously, tugging at the collar of his robe.

"Ye didn't tell us she didn't know, Nev," Seamus said.

Neville went red, and hurried up the stairs. He stopped at the fourth level landing, staring at the window set into the double doors. His Gran was standing there, looking as sour as ever. She pushed the doors open and strode over, sniffing at Neville's attire, despite her green robes, fox-fur scarf and vulture hat that were accompanied by her usual large, bright red handbag.

"You're late, boy," Augusta said with a glare. "Well, where are your partners, then?"

"A pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Longbottom," Blaise said smoothly, holding out a hand to shake.

"Good morning, Mrs. Longbottom," Seamus said, offering his hand too.

"These two? Honestly, boy!" Augusta muttered, ignoring Blaise and Seamus' hands.

"May I enquire as to what is exactly wrong with us, Mrs. Longbottom?" Blaise grounded out, struggling to keep his tone and words polite.

Seamus wasn't quite so reserved...

"What the fuck is ye problem, lady?" he snarled, glaring at her.

"Seamus!" Neville said quickly, blanching as he covered Seamus' mouth.

Augusta glared, hitting Neville sharply with her wand.

"Let him go, boy! I want to hear what he has to say to an old grandmother who has given up her years raising you!" she said.

"I know you have, Gran," Neville said, but was cut off by Augusta with a glare.

"I said to let him talk. Go on boy, talk," she said, folding her arms and looking impatient.

"Fine," Seamus muttered. "I don't know what the fuck is wrong with ye, lady, but ye've got no right to treat Neville or us like that," he said with a glare.

"I can treat Neville how I like. I raised the stupid boy, and look how he's turned out. I knew he would be nothing like his father! Worthless," Augusta sneered down at Neville.

Neville looked down at the ground, clenching his fists tightly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone started yelling insults at Neville's Gran, the picture wavering as Ginevra and Draco registered Augusta's words properly.

"That fucking bitch! Can we get there in time to hex her?" Pansy asked, throwing a handful of popcorn at the screen of water.

"Don't disrupt the water! It's hard enough keeping it up there against gravity, let alone having objects thrown at it!" Theodore muttered.

"All of you shut up! And you two, keep the gods' damned picture going!!" Millicent said, glaring at Draco and Ginevra before looking back to the screen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Neville is not worthless!" Blaise burst in angrily, unable to restrain himself any longer.

Neville didn't know whether to cry, laugh, or bang his head against the wall in hopelessness as his lovers and his Gran started arguing loudly.

"Excuse me? What is the problem here?" a Healer asked, unlocking the doors and walking onto the landing, locking the door behind her once again.

The motherly looking Healer walked down the small corridor, wondering what all of the noise was about. She saw Neville and Augusta, and smiled brightly. She could obviously see that something was the matter, but she didn't want their problems disrupting her patients!

"Hello, Neville. Augusta, a pleasure to see you again," she said cheerfully.

"Maybelle," Augusta said sourly.

"Hello, boys. You must be friends of Neville. Welcome to the Janus Thickey Ward," Maybelle said cheerfully, ignoring Augusta's tone and look.

"Thank you," Blaise said, nudging Seamus.

"Thanks," Seamus muttered, his tone close to Augusta's.

"Why don't you two boys come with me and I'll introduce you to Frank and Alice?" Maybelle offered, guiding Blaise and Seamus into the ward with a firm hand. Once they were inside, Maybelle turned to Augusta and Neville with a stern look that was quite uncharacteristic of her usual motherly appearance. "You two sort this out, and do it quietly, is that understood?"

Without waiting for an answer, Maybelle turned and strode into the ward, her usual bright smile on her face.

"Sorry about Seamus' language Gran," Neville said quietly, looking down at his feet again.

Augusta looked at Neville intensely, making him uncomfortable. She never looked at him for too long if she could help it.

"That boy said that you were special. Why did he say that?" Augusta asked finally.

Neville frowned, not remembering when that was said, but then, they had all been arguing without listening to each other and their words had become jumbled.

"He knows about me being a nymph," Neville replied. "They both do. And they both know about my other powers as well."

"What other powers? Why didn't you tell me?" Augusta asked immediately.

"Because you never seem to want to know anything about me unless it's school related! And that's why you have just given me plants as presents, when Great Uncle Algie and Great Auntie Enid admitted to buying them for me instead of you," Neville said.

"I raised you, boy! Of course I want to know about you, you idiot," Augusta muttered. "Now, what other powers?"

Neville hesitated a second, then changed to his nymph-state, revealing all of his powers.

"All right, stop showing off now. Open the door for me, boy," Augusta said, waving her red handbag at the door.

Neville returned to his mortal form and hurried over to unlock and open the door. Augusta walked into the ward with her nose wrinkled slightly.

"Where have those two boys got to? Can't have them wandering around. They'll probably bring that idiot Lockhart back here," Augusta muttered, looking around the ward.

"I'm going to say hi to Mum and Dad," Neville said.

Augusta gave a curt nod, but didn't say anything to him. Neville sighed and went over to his parents.

Alice was humming to herself, looking at the arm chair intently.

"Hi, Mum. It's me, Neville," he answered quietly, taking her hand in his.

Alice smiled at him brightly, still humming under her breath. It was obvious that she wasn't understanding or comprehending what he'd said to her. She handed him an empty Droobles Blowing Gum wrapper.

"Neville, I do wish you would stop taking those blasted wrappers. You've got enough at home," Augusta grumbled as she came over to them, Seamus and Blaise behind her, pulling faces.

Neville clutched the wrapper and put it into his pocket, ignoring his Gran's comment.

"Hello, Alice dear. Lovely to see you again," Augusta said in a cheerful voice that was obviously fake. "Go on boys, let us talk," she said, waving the three boys away.

Seamus and Blaise glared at Augusta, even as Neville led them to his father's bed.

"If she wanted us to go, why did the ol' bat bring us over there?" Seamus muttered.

"Most likely to keep an eye on you. She's like that," Neville replied with a shrug.

Seamus muttered Gaelic swear words under his breath, smiling broadly any time Augusta looked over at them with a glare.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I say we hex the bat for being such a bitch," Padma said, sounding as angry as Seamus' muttered words indicated.

"I don't think you should call her a bat. The poor species will be so insulted!" Millicent sniggered.

"If you don't stop talking and watch, we're going to stop the picture," Ginevra said.

"I second that," Theodore muttered, the water wavering as his concentration broke.

"Spoil sports! I say we do the Jellylegs hex to start off with," Pansy muttered to Padma, smirking.

"I was going to do a slug attack," Padma replied with a smirk of her own.

The picture started to waver and fade as the concentration of Draco, Ginevra and Theodore was redirected to the conversation.

"Shut up, would you?!" Parvati said, throwing popcorn at her sister and Pansy.

The two Slytherin's rolled their eyes, but did as she asked.

The picture and water returned, now focusing on Augusta.

A hiss went around the room, and Pansy was tempted to throw more popcorn.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I honestly do not understand what the boy sees in those two. Quite frankly, I wasn't surprised in the least when I saw him with two boys, considering the things he used to do when he was younger. I just thought it was a phase, mind you, but now I see that my initial thoughts were right. Oh, Alice dear, you do not know how hard it has been raising this boy on my own. Algie has been no help at all, giving him that toad and those horrendous plants. Algie's turning the boy soft, and it's harder to stamp it out of him when he's at Hogwarts for most of the time," Augusta muttered, loathing in her tone. "It's not Albus, because he is by far the best thing that has happened to that school ... " she trailed off for a moment, glaring as Maybelle walked past.

Augusta glared at the back of the retreating witch, waiting until she was completely out of ear shot before continuing with her tirade.

"Now, where was I? Oh, yes, Albus. He is the best thing that has happened to Hogwarts. I thought the boy was getting better when he befriended Harry Potter, he's the one that defeated You-Know-Who at one year's old... I told you He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was going to come back, by the way," Augusta said proudly. "The boy is just hopeless, I still cannot believe how you and my lovely boy produced such a worthless and ungrateful child," Augusta murmured, shaking her head in disappointment.

"Gran? Maybelle says we have to leave now," Neville said, coming over to her.

"That old bag! Visiting hours don't finish for hours yet!" Augusta muttered, getting up and straightening her vulture hat and green robes angrily. "I'll see you later, Alice dear. Boy, take that blasted wrapper from her, would you?" she added in an undertone, then headed over to Maybelle with a sour look on her face.

Neville shook his head after her and looked at his mother with a sad sigh. He took the offered wrapper and tucked it into his pocket with the other one. He kissed her forehead lightly and gave her a smile.

"Bye Mum. I'll come back to visit as soon as I can, okay?" he murmured.

Neville groaned as his Gran's voice started to raise. Maybelle was keeping her tone light and friendly, as she always did, but it wouldn't be long before Gran provoked her into a full blown argument. He went over to the two witches, hoping to break it up before Gran needed a bed in the ward herself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A high-pitched scream flooded through Ginevra's room. Instantly, three things happened. The vision disappeared, the water splashed to the ground, and everyone ran to Luna's room.

Luna was on the ground, having fallen from the hammock. She was sobbing, but her grazed knees weren't the cause of her tears. Colin was.

Ginevra stopped short, seeing that Colin was standing in the room. His face was twisted into something so horrible and unlike him that Ginevra couldn't repress the shudder that flowed through her. She was briefly thankful that Luna couldn't see the look on Colin's face.

"I can't do this anymore, Luna," Colin sneered. Ignoring Luna's cries, he continued, "I don't love you, or can't you see that?" he asked cruelly. "I've found someone else; someone who is normal. You know you'll never be normal, Luna. How could I love you when you're like this?"

"Padma, Parvati! Go check on Fred and George!" Ginevra commanded, not moving her eyes away from Colin.

The twins left the room, practically flying down the corridors to the twins' shop. Ginevra pulled her wand out of her pocket and pointed it at Colin angrily.

"Move away from her, Colin! RIGHT NOW!" she yelled.

Colin flew across the room with the force of her words and her spell. As he did, Colin's form began to waver and a mist stopped mere centimetres from the wall.

"Bexley?" Ginevra asked, her mouth dropping open in shock.

Her wand lowered as she looked at the trembling Boggart.

"I am sorry, Queen Ginevra. Her fear was too great to resist. I could not stop myself," Bexley cried.

"Go to my room, Bexley," Ginevra said, going over to Luna. "Are you all right, Luna?" she asked, crouching down beside her.

"I-I'm f-fine," Luna stammered through her tears. "I-I don't k-know what happened to me. I j-just l-lost control. Don't blame Bexley. Promise me?"

"I promise, Luna," Ginevra said.

"LUNA!" Colin yelled, coming into the room.

He was out of breath, and his face was so pale and frightened that everyone moved to let him through before he hexed his way to get to Luna.

"Oh, Luna. Don't do that to me ever again! You hear me?" he murmured, gathering her up in his arms and burying his head in her shoulder.

"Okay, people. Time to leave," Pansy said, ushering everyone out.

Luna and Colin were oblivious to the others leaving the room.

"I thought you didn't love me anymore," Luna said softly, her eyes bringing up a fresh batch of tears.

"Don't be ridiculous, Luna! I couldn't stop loving you. I was just upset that you didn't talk with me about what was going to happen. I acted like a git," Colin muttered, sighing. "I'm sorry," he said quietly.

"I'm sorry too, Colin," Luna said. "Will you trust me when I tell you that it's better for you not to know what's going to happen?" she asked.

"I'll trust you, no matter what, Luna. But that doesn't mean I won't worry about it," he added with a brief smile.

Luna hugged him tightly.

"I love you," she whispered,

"I love you too," Colin replied.

He helped her from the floor and over to the bed, wrapping his arms around her as he whispered in her ear.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

"Colin was at the shop!" Padma called as she and Parvati came into the room, clutching their sides in pain.

"Never seen him move so fast," Parvati murmured, trying to catch her breath.

"We know. The other Colin was Bexley," Ginevra said with a sigh.

"You mean we ran all that way for nothing?" Padma groaned.

Ginevra grinned and went to her room, closing the door after her. The others went back to the meeting room. Theodore cleaned the water with a murmured word, and everyone sat at the table.

"Not for nothing. The lovebird and the dragon are in there making up now," Millicent said with a grin.

"Is that even physically possible?" Pansy asked with a frown.

"Why a lovebird?" Parvati asked in surprise.

"A lovebird would suit her," Millicent said with a shrug, then turned to Pansy with a smirk. "It's no less possible than a mermaid, a troll and a giant."

"Or a werewolf and an elf," Gregory said, laughing as Theodore went red.

"Or a Vampiress and a Veelan," Padma said, earning a glare from Draco.

"Or four pixies," Parvati said, her face red.

"They're all the same species though," Vincent said, frowning.

"You've obviously never seen four pixies mate then," Padma said, laughing as her twin's face went even brighter.

"Well what about a nymph, centaur and ... What is Seamus, anyway?" Pansy asked in confusion.

"We thought he was a nymph," Parvati and Padma said.

"But Neville only transferred some of his power. So Seamus wouldn't really be a nymph," Theodore pointed out.

There was a surprised silence as everyone thought about it.

"Does it really matter what Seamus is?" Ginevra asked as she came into the room. She was met with a guilty silence, and shook her head. "I didn't think it mattered. Now, who's up for training?" she asked smirking broadly.

"In here?" Millicent asked suspiciously, not liking the look in Ginevra's eye.

"Room of Requirement. I wanted to start training with magic," she replied, grinning.

"We're all doomed," Pansy muttered, smirking at Ginevra. "I'm up for it," she added.

They quickly decided to take Ginevra up on her offer, and left to get their wands while Ginevra wrote a note for Neville, Blaise and Seamus. They headed through the wardrobe, no one willing to go near the wall after what Lavender and Dean had done there, despite the numerous cleaning spells.

"You know something? If we have kids, they are going to be so emotionally screwed," Pansy muttered, almost to herself.

"What do you mean by if?" Gregory and Vincent asked at the same time.

Everyone listened in, yet pretended that they weren't as Pansy coughed slightly to encourage them to hurry up the corridor.

"It's not going to be fair to either of you if we fathered a child with just one of you," Pansy said, thankful that the lighting in the corridor wasn't bright enough to show her bright cheeks. "Besides, it's going to be hard enough having society accepting us, let alone our child. Can you imagine having to explain why he has two fathers?" Pansy asked.

"I can explain it quite easily, actually," Gregory said. "We both love you, and each other. We both want to have a child with you," he said quietly.

"I wouldn't mind if he was Greg's," Vincent added, hugging Pansy.

"I wouldn't mind if he was Vince's either, love," Gregory said, kissing her. "We both know how much you want a child."

"We told you that last night," Vincent said, sounding slightly confused.

"I thought you were humouring me," Pansy admitted, her voice low and her eyes downcast.

Everyone stopped in shock at that, no longer pretending that they weren't really listening.

"You think we would say something like that and not mean it?" Gregory asked, hurt.

"No ... Yes ... I don't know," Pansy murmured, not looking at any of them.

"We'll see you in the Room of Requirement," Padma said, surprising everyone.

She gave Pansy a brief smile, and ushered everyone out with Ginevra's help.

They all walked to the Room of Requirement in silence, not willing to wonder what the other three were talking about.

"Did you want us to try spells silently, or out loud?" Parvati asked.

"We can try out loud for now," Ginevra suggested, Draco nodding as she looked to him for confirmation.

"If we practice the spells out loud now, then we have a way to better our aim. We can do silent spells later," Draco added.

He didn't mention that doing the spells out loud would also distract them from worrying about what was happening between Pansy, Gregory and Vincent.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

"Why would you think that of us, Pans?" Vincent asked, looking at her.

"I thought you wouldn't want to stay with me, so I didn't know what to think," Pansy replied. "I didn't want to force you underwater with me. I can't stay up here forever," she said.

"We know that, love," Gregory murmured, wrapping his arms around her from behind.

"We'll be right beside you," Vincent said, hugging Pansy from the front.

"Or behind you, as the case may be," Gregory said with a smirk, holding her hips against his.

Pansy couldn't help but laugh, kissing them both tenderly.

"You make me cry like this again, and I'll be forced to hurt you. Hear me?" she muttered, wiping away her tears.

"We wouldn't ever hurt you, Pans. At least, not on purpose," Vincent added, kissing her.

"Definitely not, love," Gregory murmured, kissing her shoulder, then kissing Vincent.

He felt Vincent smirk against his lips when Pansy gasped, and a smirk of his own began to form.

They could put training off for a few more minutes, surely...

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

"Stupefy!"

"Expelliarmus!"

"Wingardium Leviosa!"

"Put me down!"

Parvati rose up to the ceiling, and Padma smirked at her twin, her wand steady.

"Padma, I'm going to get you back for this!" Parvati yelled, then started swearing at her in pixie.

"That's not very nice, dear sister," Padma said, feigning hurt.

"I'll set Lavender on you if you don't put me down this instant!" Parvati threatened.

Padma hurried to set her twin on the ground. Parvati probably would set Lavender on her!

"That's one of the cruellest things you could threaten someone with, Parvati! Even Voldemort would run when faced with Lavender!" Ginevra laughed.

The Room of Requirement door opened. Seamus, Neville and Blaise walked in, looking tired from their trip.

"You look tired," Theodore muttered as the door closed.

"Gran kept complaining about Maybelle all the way back to the Wizard Transport Centre," Neville muttered, rubbing his temples.

"Not to mention that the old bat got us fucking lost, even though we kept telling her exactly where the bloody Transport Centre was!" Seamus muttered.

"I'm not even going to bother complaining about her. Just let me sleep," Blaise said wearily.

A hammock appeared next to him and he flopped into it, swaying slightly.

"We're training, you know," Millicent pointed out.

"Then don't hit the hammock," Blaise muttered, shutting his eyes.

Draco smirked and murmured a spell quietly. Everyone watched as the hammock gently rose up towards the ceiling, Blaise not noticing a thing.

Seamus and Neville watched, wondering if they should tell their lover what was happening, or not. Considering everyone had their wands at the ready, they decided to stay silent.

"Oh, Blaise?" Ginevra called in a sweet voice, smirking.

"What?" he muttered.

"Open your eyes," she said, barely stifling her laughter.

Blaise opened his eyes and saw the ceiling a few centimetres from his nose.

"Draco, you bastard!" he yelled, clutching the sides of the hammock tightly.

"Whatever gave you the idea that it was me?" Draco asked, feigning innocence.

"Put me down!"

Draco smirked and let Blaise fall half a metre before slowing him and letting him get off the hammock.

"If I didn't feel so queasy, I would be kicking your arse," Blaise muttered, staring at the floor while he tried to settle his stomach.

It felt like he'd left it up on the ceiling!

"A bit of queasiness is going to stop you then?" Draco taunted, smirking.

Blaise glared at him, sending a hex at Draco.

"Finally," Padma muttered, then started to throw hexes at Millicent.

Laughing wildly, Seamus advanced on Ginevra, shooting spells at her. She blocked them with her dagger, returning a few spells of her own when she had the chance. Seamus certainly wasn't merciful!

Parvati began fighting with Neville, and he had to appreciate how alike her twin she really was in relation to spell work. Then he had to dodge said spells and was too busy to think.

Everyone started fighting, forming groups against each other. The room around them started to change to suit their situation, the mats disappearing and a hilly terrain forming beneath their feet. Draco's group had to back up the hill, as Ginevra's group advanced on them.

"Charge!" Ginevra yelled.

They ran at each other in an instant, wands and eyes blazing.

Blaise attacked Draco, annoyed about the hammock. Draco smirked at him, and started to defend himself, barely able to avoid Blaise's hooves.

Millicent smirked at Theodore, and they both started to attack the Patil twins, surrounding them with help from Neville and his vines.

Seamus was still fighting Ginevra, and the fighting continued, even when Pansy opened the door with Vincent and Gregory following her inside. Seeing the fight, the two boys grinned and immediately joined in. Gregory hexed Seamus as Vincent started to attack Millicent, Theodore and Neville.

Pansy rolled her eyes at their enthusiasm, but joined in the fighting eagerly. She started to attack Blaise, confusing him and buying Draco enough time to lock his hooves with a word.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

Colin looked at Luna with a sated smile. He caressed her hair lightly, kissing her forehead. She smiled at him in return, holding his face in her hands.

She suddenly moved away, her white eyes wide.

"What's wrong?" Colin asked instantly.

"We have to go. We have to warn them," Luna said, and then started to get changed.

Her demeanour affected Colin, making him hurry to get changed too.

"What is it? Did you See something?"

Luna gave a brief nod, then hurried down out of the room and down the wardrobe's corridor, her lips tight with worry.

Colin rushed after her, pulling on a robe over his bare chest and loosely tied pants.

"What did you See?" Colin insisted.

"Fudge," Luna snarled. "I'll tell you when we get to the others," she added, a little calmer.

Colin just nodded and they hurried along the corridor.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

Ginevra was winning, she could see that from a glance. Seamus was finally starting to relent, the vines weren't as strong as they had been at the beginning of the fight.

They had to work on stamina, she thought to herself, cutting off a vine before it wrapped around her feet.

The Room of Requirement suddenly went silent. The fighting stopped as everyone watched the hilly terrain beginning to fade.

The door opened, Luna and Colin running inside. If it wasn't for the look on their faces, Ginevra was sure that someone would have made a comment about them being out of their room so soon.

"What's wrong?" Ginevra asked, Draco by her side in an instant.

"Fudge released the Dementors to find an Azkaban escapee. He's using a new spell so they only find the highest magical energy. The escapee was the most powerful wizard in the world, even greater than Dumbledore," Luna explained quickly, her words rushing together in her hurry. "Our combined magical energy is just barely greater than his, but it is higher," Luna said.

"What's that mean?" Seamus asked, paling as he thought of the answer.

"Dementors are on their way to Hogwarts."

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

Ginevra rushed out of the Room without a second thought. The others were behind her in an instant.

"Get everyone sixth years and up. Do it quietly and don't let the younger ones see," Ginevra murmured to Draco.

He nodded and shut his eyes, focusing his Veelan powers. In a matter of minutes, all of the sixth and seventh years were coming out of the castle, while any younger students were making their way inside, not quite sure why they were leaving when it was so nice outside.

"What's the meaning of this?" Minerva demanded as she saw Ginevra and the others organising the sixth and seventh years quickly.

"Luna said that Dementors are coming to Hogwarts. We have to hurry," Ginevra said, then turned back to Tom. "You take the others around the back. Use your Patronus. You learnt it in the DA, you'll be fine," she added with a brief smile.

Tom nodded, then took five students with him, all of them practising the Expecto Patronum spell as they went.

"Miss Weasley, this is ridiculous. The Dementors are not getting into Hogwarts grounds. The spell that Albus used on the wards is strong enough to keep them out," McGonagall said.

She wouldn't argue Luna's word, not after what she'd seen her do, but this was just plain unnecessary!

"The spell that Fudge is using lets them bypass any spells that may have been put up to keep them out," Luna murmured from behind Minerva, scaring her.

Luna had not been there a second ago!

"Besides, there is a weak spot in the ward. Right ... there," Luna said, pointing to a place near the Forbidden Forest. "Albus couldn't put the ward in the Forest; it wouldn't allow it," she murmured dreamily, then smiled and was serious once more. "We're going to need help from Harry, Hermione and Ronald, if you please, Professor. Would you mind getting them for us?" she asked, looking directly at her.

Minerva repressed a shudder. She wasn't quite sure she wanted to know how Luna knew exactly where she was.

"I'll go get them," she murmured after a minute, then hurried back into the castle.

She had to tell Dumbledore as well. If Luna was right - which was a high probability - then Albus would not like what Fudge was doing. The spell was still in experimental phases. At least, that's what Fudge had told everyone!

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

Fudge looked at the Azkaban with a smile. His plan was going to work, and no one would know a thing. Ric would regret that he had ever tried to escape, Cornelius would personally make sure of that.

With a elaborate bang, the Minister Disapparated to his Ministry office, pleased with himself.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

"They're coming," Luna murmured, her eyes turned towards the sky.

"Everyone get ready!" Ginevra yelled.

Nervous groups of students looked up at the sky. In the distance, a black cloud started making its way to Hogwarts, silently moving against the wind.

As the cloud came closer and closer, they saw ice beginning to form on the tops of the Forbidden Forest. The trees shivered, the ice breaking from the branches and falling to the ground.

Harry, Hermione, and Ron hurried out of the castle quickly. Lavender and Dean were close behind them. As their eyes followed the gaze of the rest of the students, wondering what was happening, they saw the Dementors.

"Can you feel anything?" Hermione whispered to Harry, referring to his scar.

Harry shook his head, briefly touching the lightning bolt on his forehead.

"Nothing," he replied.

"It's not Voldemort," Luna murmured quietly, taking hold of her wand.

Ron blanched dramatically, and Harry looked surprised. Hermione was just looking at Luna curiously, noticing the colour of her eyes.

"What happened to your eyes?" Hermione asked, sounding horrified.

"I thought you would have known already, being friends with Lavender," Luna said with a smile, then turned away.

"I try not to listen to her," Hermione muttered under her breath.

"Sometimes she tells the truth," Luna answered with a shrug.

"You mean you really are blind?" Ron said, sounding shocked. "But how can you see where we are?"

"Ron! That's so insensitive!" Hermione said, staring at him.

"But ... "

"You should get your wands out. They're almost here," Luna said with a smile, then wandered down to Ginevra and Draco.

"You all right?" Ginevra asked.

Draco glared over at the Trio, muttering about hurting Ron. Ginevra nudged him.

"Stay focused," she murmured.

The Dementors flew faster towards the Hogwarts barrier. It took less than a second for the spell to break through the barrier that Albus had created, and the students closest to the oncoming Dementors started to shiver, stammering out the Expecto Patronum spell.

"Gods' damn it! Do the spell before they get to you!" Ginevra muttered loudly, conjuring her Patronus.

The students quickly blocked the front students, allowing them enough time to conjure their Patronus' too, before moving further back and conjuring their own.

Suddenly the grass was covered with silver and shining animals. Rabbits, deer, stags, dogs, otters, horses, wolves, dragons, unicorns; every type of animal under the sun seemed to jump out of the wands. A few of them faltered as the Dementors came closer, but a few words from Luna in their ear had the students concentrating on a happy memory.

Draco watched as his dragon Patronus flew into the sky, charging at the Dementors with Ginevra's dragon beside him. The two dragons flew directly into the Dementors, ripping two apart at a time. The other Dementors swerved around them, the dragons too large to turn around as nimbly as the Dementors.

Two wolves took a running leap, landing on top of two Dementors. The Dementors were ripped to shreds in seconds, the wolves landing on the ground easily, returning to Ginevra and Millicent quickly.

Luna waited patiently, her rabbit Patronus fidgeting in her arms. The Dementor flew towards her, and even as she opened her mouth in a silent scream, the rabbit jumped out of her arms and onto the Dementor.

Colin was beside her in an instant, his small Chinese dragon Patronus helping the rabbit quickly.

"I'm fine, Colin," she reassured him, smiling briefly.

Her smile was strained as she looked up to their Patronus'.

"Ginevra! We need Macen!" Luna called.

In less than a second, the bat was flying beside the dragon and rabbit.

The Dementors were slowly being killed off, but there were still a lot heading towards the students.

A stag burst through the scramble, and started warding off two and three Dementors. Harry looked pleased with himself, his smile faltering as ten Dementors gathered on his Patronus.

"I've taken out more than that before! What's going on?" he thought out loud, putting more power into the spell.

"Fudge has been screwing with the Dementors. How do you think they got through the barrier?" Padma muttered, hurrying to get her own Patronus to the fallen stag.

Parvati helped her twin as well. Hermione saw what they were doing, but her otter was too busy helping Ron's Patronus to help.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

Albus hurried down the corridor with Minerva by his side, looking worried. He didn't bother stopping to look out at the grounds from the window. Every student that wasn't outside was looking out of the windows. Not only that, but the windows were beginning to frost over with the cold that accompanied the Dementors.

Fudge was going to have a lot of explaining to do!

He heard a loud crash outside, and started walking faster. McGonagall turned into a cat and shot off down the corridor.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

Tom's Patronus crashed to the ground and he cried out as Dementors started to rip into his Quintaped. The others with him tried to help, but the Dementors ignored the animals as if they were nothing more than insects.

"I'll be back," Draco murmured to Ginevra, hurrying over to help Tom and the others.

"Draco!" Ginevra called, wanting him to come back.

Then Dementors started attacking her again, and she didn't have time to think.

Draco's dragon roared and dived on the Dementors.

The Dementors saw where the Patronus was coming from, and advanced on Draco quickly, their cold aura's freezing the other students attempts to stop them. The fighting continued and no one paid much attention as the Dementors got closer and closer to Draco.

As the dragon ripped the last of the Dementors off the Quintaped, there was a loud thud, and Draco's Dementor disappeared. Draco's head made a loud cracking sound as it connected with the hard ground.

"Draco!" Ginevra yelled, hurrying to his side.

She stared at him, stared at the blood pooling around his body.

How could she have let this happen? How could she have let him go? She should have kept him with her! If she had then maybe he would still be all right... She should have ... she should have done something!

Screaming in anger and torment, Ginevra's body began to change. Everyone surrounding her quickly moved back, afraid of what was happening to her. The Dementors disappeared immediately, not even the spell enough to keep them near her.

One by one, Ginevra's Patronus flew into her.

Black and crimson red scales burst out of her skin, pure black leathery skin shot out from her back, forming into large bat-like wings. Ginevra let out a painful scream as a long scorpion tail burst from her spinal cord, another scream echoing it as a spiralled horn pushed out of her forehead. Hissing in more pain, Ginevra's fangs increased to the size that of a wolf. Her black clothes began to tear at themselves, leaving welts along her skin as the invisible hand continued to tear at her, long after her robes and clothes were in shreds. Her eyes burned red and the thing that was no longer Ginevra glared at the bloodied field.

"Ginevra!" a familiar voice called to her.

Looking down from her new height, Ginevra saw Draco, standing and alive. She hissed at him, a string of fire flowing from her mouth. A barrier formed between the fire and Draco, pushing back at the fire.

"Ginevra, love. Come back now. You'll scare everyone," Draco said in a drawl.

Her nails grew into long sharp weapons and she glared down at him. She'd seen him die. This wasn't really Draco.

Draco sighed and looked at Ginevra once more. As he watched her, Draco turned Veelan, growing to be the same height as Ginevra was. He looked directly at her, small bird feathers on the sides of his eyes. His hair was long and impossibly bright, making him look even more handsome. He held out a hand, fire resting on his palm.

She stared at her lover in shock. He couldn't ... He wasn't ... She looked down and saw Draco's dead body, as she had left it.

Her body went into shock and as it wasn't able to handle both her new form and two Draco's, Ginevra returned to her human form. Draco returned to his too and looked at her, then at the body beside him.

"That isn't me, Ginevra," he said, seeing her staring down at his look alike.

"Prove it!" she hissed.

Draco opened his mouth to do exactly that, but before a word could be said, an arrow flew from out of nowhere and embedded itself in his chest. Draco looked down at the arrow head, his knees failing him and he crumpled to the ground.

"Ginevra," Luna said quietly, putting a hand on her shoulder before she could transform again.

"What?" Ginevra snarled, not looking away from Draco.

"I did it again; I am so very sorry, my Queen," Bexley said sorrowfully.

"I don't care, Bexley! Go get someone to help Draco!" she yelled.

"Don't touch the arrow, Ginevra," Theodore said, dropping beside them quickly.

"Who did this?" Ginevra snarled.

"That is what I have been trying to tell you!" Luna said, sounding exasperated.

Ginevra looked at Luna quickly.

"Look to the Forest," Luna said quietly.

Ginevra looked at the forest, scanning the trees easily.

"Alexander," she snarled, getting up.

"You can't, Ginevra. Stay with Draco," Luna said, holding her back forcefully.

"Let me go, Luna!" Ginevra yelled angrily, trying to pull away from Luna's grasp.

"No. Draco needs you to be here," Luna said quietly.

Pansy took Ginevra in her arms, Vincent and Gregory holding both of them tightly. They left to Ginevra's rooms.

"LET. ME. GO!"

"Can't do that, Gin," Vincent said, sounding apologetic.

"Theodore will be bringing Draco in a minute," Gregory added.

They went into the meeting room and locked the door behind them.

"Alexander shot Draco, don't you understand that?" Ginevra snarled, pushing away from Pansy as soon as the two boys set them down.

"Yes, we understand, and we're just as angry," Pansy said.

"Then let me go after him!" Ginevra yelled.

The door opened, and Vincent and Gregory struggled to keep Ginevra back.

"You'll be hurt if you leave after him now," Luna said quietly, closing the door behind her and the others who came inside.

"You think so little of my power?"

"Of course not. The repercussions of what you would do would haunt you, even if it is done with reason," Luna murmured. "You would not be able to live with yourself later in life if you choose this path now. Draco will be all right, you just need to trust in Theodore," she said quietly.

"I do trust Theodore. I don't trust that Alexander won't try to hurt Draco again," Ginevra said, her anger beginning to ebb away.

"Of course he will try to hurt Draco again. It is in his nature, as he thinks that you should be his. Jealousy twists people into things that even monsters are afraid of," Luna murmured.

There was a knock at the door, and Parvati opened it to reveal Dumbledore.

"Good to see you are all well," Dumbledore said with a brief smile. "Oh, not quite. Are you all right with this, Theodore? Or would you like me to send for Madam Pomfrey?" he asked.

"I'm fine," Theodore said.

"That is good to hear. Ginevra, a moment if you please," Albus said, ushering her out of the room.

Theodore held a hand over Draco's mouth, and pulled the arrow out of his chest. Draco bit back a scream.

"Mill, the potion," Theodore said.

Millicent hurried over and handed him a vial. Theodore tipped the contents into Draco's mouth, and they watched as his eyes closed.

"What was that?" Padma asked, looking at the empty vial.

"A combination of sleeping and blood replenishing potion. He'll be asleep for a few hours, and the potion will work on healing his wound, as well as replacing the blood he lost," Theodore replied.

"What's wrong, Nev?" Seamus asked, wrapping his arms around Neville's waist.

Blaise looked at them, concerned, resting his head on his shoulder.

"I'm worried about Bexley. He left so quickly when Ginevra yelled at him. He looked really upset," Neville muttered, looking out the window, as if expecting to see Bexley.

"He'll be okay," Blaise murmured.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

"Miss Weasley, I would like you to explain what happened today. Minerva was barely coherent when she came to me. We were all quite annoyed when we discovered that the doors had shut after Harry and the others left the castle," Albus said.

"That was Luna's idea, sir. We didn't want any younger students coming out and getting hurt, so she did a spell that made the doors stay closed once all of the sixth and seventh years were outside," Ginevra said. "We didn't know that it would keep you and the Professor's out as well," she added with a shrug.

"Yes, well. It was certainly frustrating, but perhaps it was for the best. We got to see what you were all capable of," he said, smiling briefly.

Ginevra nodded, then explained what Luna had Seen, and what they'd done from there.

"I'm not sure exactly what Luna Saw, you'll have to ask her," Ginevra finished, nodding behind Albus.

"I would like to talk with you in your office, if you do not mind, Professor," Luna said with a quick smile.

"Of course," Albus said.

He offered a hand to Luna, and left with her to his office.

Ginevra hurried back into the meeting room.

"Is he all right?" she asked immediately.

"He's fine. Just sleeping off the wound. I've wrapped it so it won't get infected, and gave him a blood replenishing potion too. He'll be fine in the morning," Theodore reassured her with a smile.

Ginevra sighed in relief.

"Can I move him to his room?" she asked.

"Yes," Theodore said. "He will be fine, Ginevra," he added quietly.

"I know. Thank you, Theodore," she replied quietly, taking the offered arrow.

She lifted Draco with her wand and gently levitated him down to his room. Following him inside, Ginevra sat by the bed and watched him breathe, the bandages around his chest making her angry again.

Clutching the arrow, Ginevra tried to dissuade herself that it wouldn't be good if she went after Alexander. She tried to convince herself for three long hours, not even leaving the room for dinner. Ginevra knew that if she left for dinner, she would be far too tempted to go the long way to the Great Hall; mainly through the Forbidden Forest.

After three hours, Ginevra told herself that arguing was pointless and a waste of time, so she made up her mind to go to the Forbidden Forest. She could talk with Alexander at least, see if his jealousy was the only reason for shooting Draco. If it was, then she could hurt him.

Still holding the arrow in her cramping hand, Ginevra left the room and quietly left her rooms, heading towards the Forbidden Forest.

Evita was waiting in front of the tree line.

We heard what happened from another Protector. Is Draconius all right? Evita asked, sounding concerned.

He will be fine with a few more hours rest. Theodore is a skilled Healer, Ginevra replied.

The unicorn looked relieved.

Unfortunately, by our laws, we can not punish Alexander for what he did. We have been told that he did not know which Draco was which, and shot on his instinct. Perhaps he should have waited to see if you could have resolved it first, Evita murmured. I am very sorry about this, Ginevra.

I do not blame you, Evita. I blame Alexander. I am almost certain that he knew it was really Draco he shot. He has expressed his hostility towards Draco more than once, as Draco is my own and he is not, Ginevra replied, sounding annoyed.

That is worrisome. His behaviour is ... Evita started, then trailed off, looking behind Ginevra.

Ginevra turned to see Seamus standing behind her, in his fighting mode once more.

"Why are you like that, Seamus?" Ginevra asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Luna said I had to come get you, and that I might need force," Seamus replied with a shrug.

"Aren't you cold without your shirt on?" she muttered, shaking her head.

"No," Seamus said, grinning.

His vine tattoos moved down his arms, before going back to his biceps.

Evita ignored the conversation, nimbly moving towards Seamus. She neighed at him, and rested her horn on his arm, directly on his vine tattoo. As both of his tattoos started to glow bright green, Seamus looked surprised to say the least.

"What's she doing?" he whispered to Ginevra.

"I have no idea," she replied, as surprised as he was.

Evita pulled away from Seamus, and the glow faded. The tattoos moved down his arm, forming around his wrists.

"Are you okay?" Ginevra asked with a frown, seeing the vacant expression on Seamus' face.

What happened to him? Ginevra asked Evita.

The boy is of the forest. Even without the nymph's added powers, Evita explained vaguely. He has to come with us. Now.

Us? Ginevra echoed.

She looked behind Evita and saw other unicorns arriving. Volatil Equus was there, despite being an Abraxan. Ginevra noticed the golden horn growing on the young horse's head, and looked to Evita for an explanation.

Her father is an Abraxan, and her mother is a unicorn. We were not sure which species she would represent, Evita explained. She will definitely be the tallest unicorn this herd has had, she added, sounding amused

"What are ye doing?" Seamus asked as two unicorns started to nudge him with their horns.

Evita turned to stop them, and silently explained that Seamus was of the forest, and that he had to go with them.

"Does it got to be now?" Seamus muttered. "Can't I at least say goodbye to Blaise and Neville?" he asked when Evita replied in the affirmative.

No, we must leave now. Ginevra can say goodbye to the nymph and centaur for you, Evita allowed.

"Not in the way that I want," Seamus muttered.

A unicorn nudged his leg with her horn, and he yelped, cursing loudly.

"I ain't going with ye!" Seamus muttered, trying to back away.

Ginevra tried to help him, but Evita held her back.

Evita, at least let him say goodbye to Blaise and Neville! They won't understand, Ginevra pleaded.

Evita sighed heavily, then touched her horn to Seamus' head. He stilled, his eyes wide with fear and wonder. As Evita pulled away, Seamus closed his eyes, a tear still escaping.

"I'll be fine, Gin. Look after them for me," Seamus said quietly, then left with the unicorns, no longer struggling against the animals.

Volatil Equus nudged Ginevra, attempting reassurance.

"Look after him for me, Volatil Equus," Ginevra murmured in the Abraxicorn's ear.

Volatil Equus nudged her once more, serious now, then galloped after Seamus and the other unicorns.

Blaise and Neville ran out of Ginevra's rooms as Seamus disappeared into the Forest.

Neville ran after him, but was herded back by Evita just as quickly.

You cannot do that, nymph. He needs this, Evita murmured.

"B-but... Where's he going? When will he be back?" Neville asked, his eyes wide.

"Why didn't he say a proper goodbye?" Blaise asked, staring at the forest.

I gave him the best goodbye I could offer. If he had seen the both of you, he would not have left. This is necessary for him, Evita said, trying to reassure them both.

"He could not have left tomorrow? You could not have given us some time with him?" Blaise asked, glaring at the unicorn.

The boy had seen us. He would not have paid you any attention, nor anyone else. He would have thought of us and nothing else until he was with us. He needs the forest, Evita tried to explain.

"And if we need him?" Blaise asked.

Humans are so emotional, Evita said with a sigh. He will return soon enough, she added, then left to follow the rest of her herd.

"Come on. We had better go tell the others," Ginevra said softly, guiding the two boys inside.

Both Neville and Blaise were silent as they left Ginevra take them to her rooms, but she could see Blaise's hands clutching in anger and confusion, and Neville didn't look up once, trying to hide his tears.

As soon as they walked into the room, they found the others waiting. Fred and George were there, and even Draco was up, despite Theodore's warnings.

"Is what Luna said true?" Pansy asked, looking behind them to see if Seamus was hiding, and this was all some horrible joke.

"Seamus has returned to the forest," Luna murmured, repeating the words like a mantra. "The trees are talking, they're welcoming him," she said, then repeated the mantra again.

Only Luna looked happy about what was happening.

"We're going to bed," Blaise said, neither he nor Neville looking the others in the eyes.

Ginevra hugged them tightly, wishing that they had at least been able to say goodbye properly.

Blaise and Neville went into their room. As Neville shut the door, everyone could see that his eyes were red, and Blaise looked like he was barely holding himself together.

"They're not going to be happy until he's back," Luna said, the mantra finally stopped.

"None of us will be," Ginevra muttered, then sighed heavily and went to her room.

Relo sensed the sad mood everyone was in, despite his usual child-like obliviousness, and crawled under Ginevra's bed, crying himself to sleep when he heard what had happened.

As Ginevra listened to Relo's sobs, she felt like crying herself. She tucked herself into a ball and willed sleep to come before her tears would fall too.

Draco looked at Ginevra's closed door, then sighed softly, hearing Ginevra's muffled sobs, even through the door and spells. He wanted to comfort her, but didn't know how. He had no idea what to do, much less what she would want from him in this kind of situation. With another sigh, he headed back to his room, his chest aching with a pain that wasn't caused by an arrow wound.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

(a/n: Abraxicorn! Crossbreeding is great for names...

We're finally moving along in the story! The next chapter will be in October sometime, just to warn you!

I can tell you right now that Real Life isn't going to give me a spare moment until December 14th, so please do not expect a chapter before then! I hope this is enough to last until late-December! I would apologise, but people will hurt me, and I need this time to pass my course! Wish me luck!

I really hoped you all enjoyed the chapter! Thanks to everyone for reading!)