Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Vampiress and Veelan by Nival Vixen
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Vampiress and Veelan

Nival Vixen

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter!

(a/n: Thanks to everyone for reviewing!)

Chapter Six

Ginny woke up to the sound of knocking on her door. She shook her head for a second, then made sure she looked presentable before opening the door to reveal Albus standing there.

"I apologise for waking you at this time, Ginevra, but I need to show you something, for both of our sakes. I will allow you five minutes before we are to leave," Albus said. Ginny nodded and let him in.

She went to her room and changed quickly, knowing that Albus wouldn't look this... desperate unless it was something urgent. She highly doubted he would be up and ready to leave at five o'clock in the morning unless it was serioius.

"All right, Albus. Where are we going?" Ginny asked as she followed him outside. Albus stopped after a few seconds, then shook his head and continued walking again, not answering Ginny. "Albus! Stop walking right now!" Ginny commanded. Albus stopped and looked at her. "Now, where are we going? Are we going anywhere specific, or are you going to continue to lead me around in circles until lessons start?" Ginny asked angrily. Albus looked at her intensely then sighed.

"Thank you for that response, Miss Weasley. Now, if you will please follow me into the Forest, then you should be able to see why I was stalling..." Albus said then went into the Forbidden Forest. Ginny followed him reluctantly.

After less than ten minutes, they came across the unicorns. Ginny was surprised at this - the unicorns rarely left the deeper part of the Forest. Ginny looked at Albus, who appeared both relieved and sad.

"Well, that much is right..." He muttered to himself. "Miss Weasley, would you oblige me by conjuring your Patronus, please?" He asked, peering at her from under heavy gray eyebrows. Ginny frowned for a moment, then took her wand from her pocket.

"Expecto patronum," she said, not even bothering to think of something happy. Five beasts flew out of her wand and looked at Ginny inquiringly.

Evita neighed and walked over to Ginny's unicorn. The other four beasts moved back in respect and all assembled watched patiently. Evita butted Ginny's unicorn softly, then neighed again. Evita touched her horn to the unicorn's flank and neighed when her horn didn't go through. The mist around Ginny's unicorn enveloped Evita's horn and Evita pulled back. She looked from the other unicorns to Ginny and Albus, then back to Ginny's unicorn. Neighing once again, Evita touched her horn to the ground, bowing before Ginny's unicorn. The other unicorns did the same. Ginny's unicorn neighed loudly and Evita looked up at her, slowly taking her horn from the ground.

Albus walked over to Evita and rubbed her face tenderly, then looked to Ginny's unicorn and bowed in respect. Then to Ginny's surprise, he started neighing to her unicorn. Ginny shook her head for a moment. It was far too early to deal with another mystery! Every other student in Hogwarts was sound asleep and here she was in the Forbidden Forest trying to deal with the fact that the unicorn's herd leader was bowing to her Patronus!

The dragon Patronus went over to Ginny and head butted her gently. She looked at it and the dragon blew 'fire' into her face. Ginny yawned and slumped to the ground.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco looked at Ginny and with a smirk he began to change. He changed into a dragon and blew a small puff of fire at her before flying up into the sky. Ginny shook her head at him, then changed into a winged horse and flew to join him.

Draco gazed at her then flapped his wings once before flying over the treetops. Ginny followed, keeping up with him easily despite their difference in size. Draco landed after half an hour and changed back into his human form. Ginny went down to the ground and followed in suit.

"Why are we here? Where is here?" Ginny asked looking around. Draco smirked at her.

"You'll see in a minute. Someone I know is very interested in meeting you," he said then led her to a nearby cottage.

"Who is this someone?" Ginny asked him. Draco just smirked and knocked on the wooden door. The door opened but no one was there. Far from being spooked, Ginny knew that it was controlled by magic and followed Draco inside.

"My Lord. I have brought her," Draco announced, blocking Ginny's view with his body.

"Very good, Draconius. Please enter," a voice replied. Draco moved into the room and Ginny followed him inside.

Sitting on a throne-like chair was a handsome man. His long blonde hair flowed past his knees despite his intricate braids. His blue-silver eyes were enticing and his pale skin seemed to shine in the warm firelight.

"Hello, Ginevra. Do you know who I am?" The man asked smiling at her gently. Ginny bowed to the man before answering.

"I do know who you are, my Lord Garion. I did not expect to meet you, and I apologise sincerly for my lack of manners," Ginny replied. Garion laughed softly and looked at Draco, then at Ginny again.

"Very good... Very, very good. You bow and show respect, even though I am the leader of your enemy?"

"Of course, my Lord Garion. I would not allow myself to be disrespectful towards you. I am your guest, which could turn hostile if I do not give the proper curtisies towards you. Besides, you are my lover's mentor. I would not insult one who means so much to the one I love," Ginny replied. Garion nodded his head in agreement.

"Excellent, Ginevra. Now, would you oblige me by answering some questions I have for you?" Garion asked.

"Of course, my Lord Garion," Ginny answered.

"I thank you. Draconius, seat your lady, then leave us," Garion instructed.

Draco bowed and led Ginny to a seat. He held her hand as she sat down, then kissed it. With another bow he left the room, closing the door.

"Now, Ginevra, if you will allow me to do one single spell to see if you under any enchantments before I begin my questioning?" Garion asked.

"I allow you to perform the spell," Ginny replied.

"Promptu," Garion said holding his palm towards Ginny's face. A white mist flowed around her for a moment, then flew back to his hand. (To make clear or reveal.)

"May I ask what the result was?" Ginny asked. Garion nodded.

"You have not been put under any enchantments. The spell I just used also allows me to discover whether Draconius has put you under a Veelan spell, as well as to find out if you have been spelled to comply with another's wishes," Garion said. Ginny smiled briefly. "You think this to be amusing, Ginevra?" Garion questioned.

"Slightly, my Lord. Nothing about you, of course... I am immune to Veelan charms, so it would be unneccesary for Draconius to attempt to seduce me in that particular way," Ginny replied. Garion looked at her for a moment.

"May I see if this is true for myself?" Garion asked. Ginny nodded.

"Yes, I allow you to see if I am indeed immune to Veelan charms," she said.

"Thank you. If you will please, look into my eyes," Garion said. Ginny looked into the Veelan Lord's eyes and watched as a glint travelled across gaze. She felt nothing happen, as usual. "Stand up," Garion commanded.

"I hope you will not be offended, but I prefer to sit. It was a long journey for me and I am tired," Ginny replied. Garion nodded.

"Very well. Thank you for letting me see for myself. Now, I will begin my questioning," Garion said. "You Draconius's lover of your own accord?" Garion asked her.

"Yes, I am," Ginny said.

"You are part of the Vampire Elder Council, I believe?" Garion questioned. Ginny regarded him for a second before replying.

"Yes, I am. I will not divulge their secrets, so I will answer no further questions about the Council or other Vampires unless I believe it to be safe to do so," Ginny said.

"Understandable. Virginia Weasley is part of the Elder Council?" Garion asked. Judging by the sound of disgust in his voice, Ginny decided that Garion liked Virginia even less than she did.

"Yes, she is," Ginny said, her voice not withholding her emotion.

"You dislike her too?" Garion asked, relatively surprised.

"I am not a particular fan of my relative... You sound even less enamoured with her than I am," Ginny stated. Garion nodded, hate burning in his expressive eyes for a moment before he answered.

"I trust you have heard of some of Virginia's... events?" Garion asked. When Ginny nodded, he continued. "You have heard of her seducing the leader of an army, then killing him?" Ginny nodded again, more wary this time. "The leader of that army was my father... Virginia decided to seduce my father and kill him, even though the war had nothing to do with her. The war was against the Quintapeds on the Isle of Drear; they had been killing off our kind for ages and she thwarted our revenge. McCliverts were reknowned Veelas. After the McCliverts changed the McBoon family into Quintapeds, the McBoons have been killing off Veelas..." Garion said and shook his head sadly. "Virginia killed my father to protect the Quintapeds, the Gods know why, then she forced the wizard Ministry make the Isle of Drear Unplottable. We can't avenge our deaths, nor try to restore the McBoons. The Ministry tried, but they were using the wrong spells and thus, the Quintapeds avioded them as much as possiible," Garion said.

"If the McBoons have been killing your own kind, then why would you try to restore them?" Ginny asked confused.

"The McBoons are also Veelas. The McCliverts were under the Imperius curse when they made the McBoons into the Quintapeds. The McBoons know that, but unfortunately, the Veela side of our kind attracts them and they are urged to devour us. It is through no fault of their own, so we forgive them for it, but we need to find out who put the McCliverts under the Imperius spell and the McBoons know that," Garion said.

"How do you know that the McBoons know if you can't get anywhere near them?" Ginny asked.

"When our kind is young, the Veela side is not present. The McBoons will not devour children, nor will any Quintaped. It is against their morals, as unbelievable as that may seem... A few of our children volunteered to go when they were old enough to understand what it meant. Children, as you know, are immune to any Unplottable charms..." Garion said. Ginny nodded in agreement. "Five children went, armed with wands. The youngest was nine when he went, the eldest was almost eleven. Draconius was one of the children and the first to volunteer. He was also the youngest, but even then he was a leader. He led the other four children onto and off of the Isle, completely unharmed," Garion said, pride in his voice.

"How did they get there in the first place?" Ginny asked. Garion smiled.

"The parents of the five youngesters Apparated to the top of Scotland, then gave them a magic boat that was able to respond only to the children's voices," Garion said.

"How did Draco communicate with the Quintapeds?" Ginny asked.

"The historians think that Quintapeds are unable to speak; however, the Quintapeds just didn't want to talk to them, so they pretended they couldn't. It is common knowledge amongst Veelas that the Quintapeds can talk," Garion said with a slight shrug. "Now, if I may continue my questioning? I apologise that we seem to have been sidetracked," Garion said.

"That is all right, my Lord Garion. It is understandable," Ginny replied.

"Of course," Garion said with a smile then continued to question Ginny.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the first time, the image changed without Ginny willing it to happen...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny stared at Draco in shock then slapped him hard.

"How dare you!" She hissed. Draco held his face in shock and didn't reply. "I should kill you for doing that, Malfoy! Do you have any idea what you've done? Any idea whatsoever?!" She yelled then hit him again, her nails scratching into his face. Ginny stalked away, bristling with anger.

"I did it to help you! Both of us!" Draco called after her. "Just come back, Weasley!" He called. Ginny turned and leapt at him, her fangs and nails extending. She landed directly in front of him, her nails on one side of his neck and her teeth on the other. "Don't do it, Weasley... You don't have the Thirst, remember?" Draco said sounding scared.

Ginny lowered her teeth to Draco's neck and heard her fangs pierce his skin. Draco's crimson blood poured into her mouth and she swallowed, trying to determine the taste. Deciding it wasn't as bad as she first thought, Ginny began to lick, encouraging the liquid to continue to flow. She didn't notice that Draco had taken them out of the corridor until she pulled away from his neck. Her eyes were bright and her face was flushed.

"I thought you didn't have the Thirst?" Draco asked as he held his hand to his neck to try and stop the bleeding.

"I don't. Only with you," Ginny replied, then kissed him hungrily. Draco's arms wrapped around her body and Ginny ran her hands through his hair, finding his neck once more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny woke up and looked around. She saw her dragon sitting beside her, nuzzling her with its snout.

"Hello, my love... Where are we?" She asked him quietly when she didn't recognise their surroundings. The dragon rose to his full height and roared loudly. Albus came into room quickly, his face pale.

"Oh, you're all right... I thought I told you to let her sleep, did I not?" Albus asked, turning to the dragon.

"I woke on my own accord, Albus!" Ginny said angrily. "Leave Mathius be!"

"Mathius?" Albus asked. Ginny shrugged.

"I can't really call him 'it' or 'dragon' all of the time, now can I?" Ginny stated. Ginny decided to call the bat Macen; the manticore, Manx; the wolf, Meriam; and the unicorn, Majolica. Mathius agreed, blowing a ring of smoke at her. Ginny laughed softly then turned to Albus. "Where am I?" She asked.

"I brought you to the Room of Requirement, in accordance with your Patronus' wishes," Albus said. "Yes, yes. I know," Albus said when Mathius roared again. "I'm going to leave you with them all for half an hour. It is half past seven," Albus said then left the Room through a door that hadn't been there a moment ago.

Ginny turned to her Patronus' and waited for an explanation. When none was given, she sighed.

"Would one of you please tell me what is going on?" She asked. Mathius walked towards her awkwardly on his small feet, then wrapped his tail around her body and lifted her onto his back.

Mathius blew white fire and Ginny looked at it. A vision pulled her and with a sigh, she looked at the fire properly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny cowered on the ground helplessly and fumbled to make her Patronus appear. Quickly, her five animals crowded around her and blocked off the Dementors.

Voices rang in Ginny's head and images floated in front of her as she slumped further to the ground, trying to block them out.

Merium howled loudly and the Dementors left, unable to get past them. One by one, Ginny's Patronus' turned to her and lifted her unconscious body from the ground.

Majolica put Ginny on her back tenderly, then Mathius put the unicorn on his back carefully. Macen flew up onto Mathius and landed on his ear. With a howl, Meriam climbed onto Manx's back who then climbed onto Mathius, careful not to sting him.

Mathius flapped his large wings and they flew up into the night sky. Mathius flew faster and harder than he'd ever done before and refused to stop, even when it felt like his wings would drop off. He landed in front of a mansion and roared loudly. Someone ran outside and saw Mathius standing there.

"What the hell?" Draco swore. Meriam growled warningly. "Sorry... Where's Ginny?" Draco asked. Mathius gave a pitying mewl and lowered Majolica from his back. "What happened to her?" Draco asked.

Manx took Ginny from Majolica's back wordlessly then, without warning, both Majolica and Manx stabbed Draco with their horn and tail respectively. Draco's eyes closed and in a few seconds, they reopened and the two beasts withdrew from his chest.

"Where were the Dementors? Where was Ginny?" Draco asked urgently. Meriam growled and jumped on Draco, so her front paws were on his shoulders. Meriam looked at Draco then turned to look at Ginny. "Right... Do you want to go back into her, or stay with her?" Draco asked as he picked Ginny up carefully. Macen squeaked at Draco indignantly and flew inside. "Shouldn't have even asked," Draco muttered shaking his head. Ginny's Patronus' were more protective of her than a mother hen.

He went inside, the other beasts following him. Amazingly, Mathius was able to fit in through the mansion door by simply shrinking himself.

"Greber!" Draco called. A house-elf appeared before him and bowed. "Bring warm water, a cloth and some blankets," Draco instructed. Greber bowed and left quickly. He came back with everything Draco had asked for then bowed and left, refusing to even look at Ginny.

Ginny tossed and turned for the rest of the night and there was nothing her Patronuses nor Draco could do. They watched and waited as she tried in vain to rid her brain of past horrors. Just as the sun began to rise, Ginny woke up, pale and sweating. She saw Draco asleep on her and smiled briefly. Macen flew over to her and landed on her shoulder.

"You're all here?" Ginny asked as she looked around. "I'm sorry for worrying you all. Return now and get some rest. Thank you," Ginny whispered to her Patronuses. They disappeared one by one into her and as Mathius disappeared, Draco woke up.

"Carus! Quam es vos?" Draco asked urgently and kissed her. Ginny pulled away and smiled at him. (Dear or beloved.) (How are you?)

"Ego sum melior. Gratias ago vos, carus," Ginny whispered and kissed him. (I am better.) (Thank you, dear or beloved.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The images stopped and Ginny looked down at Mathius.

"Why are you showing me this?" She asked.

It is necessary for you to know, Mathius replied. Manx whipped his tail impatiently and Mathius lowered Ginny from his back. Manx put Ginny onto his back and Ginny watched as more visions pulled at her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Virginia smiled cruelly at the house-elf before her.

Ginny knew that this must have happened centuries ago as the poor house-elf was marked with Virginia's crest.

"Please, Mistress Virginia! Bolly will do as Mistress Virginia wishes! Will Mistress Virginia let go of Netar now?" Bolly asked timidly. Virginia bared her fangs as she smiled at the cowering house-elf before her.

"I do not believe that you will do as I asked... I will hold Netar until you comply with my wishes. Now, go do your job!" Virginia snarled. Bolly bowed and left the room quickly. Virginia laughed cruelly. "Stupid little house-elf... Now, Netar... You will not leave this room, unless I order you to. Is that understood, you pathetic creature?" Virginia asked and kicked at the house-elf near her.

"Yes, Mistress Virginia! Netar will not leave this room!" Netar said cowering.

"Good..." Virginia said smiling evilly and left the room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Macen landed on Ginny's shoulder and yet another vision pulled at her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny ran away from everyone quickly. Ignoring the Muggles that were nearby, she began to change. A bird flew in her place and Ginny flew up to the nearest tall building. She perched herself on the roof and sighed a very un-birdlike sigh. She carefully changed back into her human self and sat on the roof, watching everything below her.

"Ginevra Weasley! Get back down there! You gave those poor Muggles a fright!" Molly said Apparating next to her.

"Mum, I just need to be alone. Is that too much to ask? I'll meet you all at home," Ginny said then stood up and stepped off the roof. Molly gasped and watched as her only daughter began to change form, hoping she wouldn't hit the ground. Ginny turned into a different bird and flew away again. Molly Apparated back to her family, who had all seen what Ginny had done.

"She'll meet us at home," Molly said and they left, only after Modifying the Muggles' memories.

Ginny flew over the clouds, trying to keep out of her family's sight more than the unaware Muggles below. Again, she felt completely free as she had changed form, yet when she was with her family, she had felt restricted and suffocated. Ginny had no idea why, but she knew that she had to get away as soon as possible. She needed to think...

Ginny landed soon after entering the wizarding world. She didn't care where she was, as long as it wasn't anywhere near people that she knew. She changed form and saw that she had landed in Knockturn Alley.

Ginny put the hood up on her cloak and began to walk aimlessly, thinking about everything that had happened throughout the day. Unknowingly to Ginny, people began to crowd around her silently. They followed her as she walked through Knockturn Alley. When Ginny heard the hundreds of feet following her, she stopped and turned to see hundreds of dirty, foul smelling people behind her. Everyone stopped quickly and watched her. Surprisingly, Ginny didn't feel afraid. These people were in Knockturn Alley because they too, felt that they didn't fit in their own places.

"Would you like something?" Ginny asked them politely. One toothless woman stepped forward and smiled at Ginny.

"Miss, medics won't see us. I've had a broken arm for nearly two months... Can you fix it, Miss?" The woman asked and smiled at her.

"Do all of you need medical attention?" Ginny asked. Most of them nodded. "All right. Can someone lead me to a place where I can heal you properly?" Ginny asked.

The toothless woman grabbed Ginny's arm and pulled her to a nearby building. Ginny opened the door and they all filed in. More people had joined the already large group. Ginny looked at everyone.

"All right... People with broken bones, stand behind this woman," Ginny instructed. Less than half of the group moved behind the woman. "What's wrong with you?' Ginny asked one man.

"I can' see outta me left eye, Miss," he said.

"All right. Any problems with eyes, mouths, etc, stand behind this man," Ginny said. A smaller group went behind the man. "What's wrong with the rest of you?" Ginny asked when half of the people were just standing there.

"We just wanna watch," they all replied.

"All right..." Ginny said. She shook her head and went over to the first line. She began to heal the people with broken bones. The toothless woman stayed beside Ginny, watching. "Why did you decide that I could heal you all?" Ginny asked her, absently examining a little boy. The woman shrugged.

"We know good people when we see them. You're a good 'un, Miss. Besides, we felt... drawn to you. We all just felt that you could help us," the woman replied. The boy who was getting his leg fixed nodded in agreement.

"That's right, Miss... You're nice, but also like us," the boy said then scampered off quickly.

"All right. I can handle that..." Ginny said and continued to heal the people. "All of you stay once I've healed you. You might as well get clean and have some food put into you," Ginny announced once she had finished the first line of people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meriam walked over to Ginny, but no vision appeared thankfully. Meriam rubbed her cheek against Ginny's leg and howled softly. Majolica trotted over and touched her horn to Ginny's forehead.

The man returns now. We must leave now. Come back later tonight and we will finish, Meriam and Majolica said simultaneously. Ginny nodded and the five beasts disappeared.

A door opened and Albus appeared.

"Are you finished now?" He asked. Ginny nodded. "Good. Breakfast is ready in the Great Hall. The other students are already in there," Albus said, then left. Ginny sighed and followed him out to the Great Hall.

Ginny sat down at the Gryffindor table and started eating her breakfast eagerly.

"She's going to become so fat eating like that," Lavender whispered to Parvati, staring as Ginny ate bacon and eggs. Ginny stopped eating and looked at Lavender. She took a drink of pumpkin juice, then walked over to Lavender, who had gone pale.

"You know what, Lavender? You're the type of girl that makes others become anorexic and bulimic. You're the type of person who encourages people to have eating disorders so they can look perfect in your own little world. Who gives a flying fuck if I become larger? It's better than being like you, you sick excuse for a human being," Ginny said and with that, she grabbed a piece of cake and smeared it on Lavender's face then stalked out of the Great Hall.

For the first time, Ginny wanted the future to hurry up. She would have gladly ripped Lavender into tiny pieces with her own hands!

If Ginny was happy with her own body, then why should others comment on it?! Lavender was the person who had encouraged poor Eloise to try and hex off her pimples! She was on the thin side, to add insult to injury!

'Nothing on the outside mattered, for the Gods sakes! Why is it so hard for people to understand that?!' Ginny thought angrily then slammed her fist in to a wall. A large hole appeared when she pulled away. Blood covered her knuckles and bits of brick were lodged in her hand. The wall repaired itself and Ginny walked away, ignoring the pain that seared through her hand.

"Ginny?" Neville called nervously. Ginny turned around and faced her friend.

"Yes, Neville?" She asked, still angry about the incident with Lavender. Stupid cow...

"I wanted to tell you that it was very brave what you said back there," Neville stammered, eyeing the wall nervously.

"I'm not going to hit you, Neville, so calm down," Ginny said. Neville nodded and relaxed. Ginny healed her hand easily then looked at him. "And... thanks... Want to come to Charms with me?" Ginny asked him. Neville nodded and fell into step beside her. "Is that all you wanted to say?" Ginny asked Neville. He shook his head slightly.

"No... I was going to ask how you threatened Hermione yesterday," Neville said. Ginny grinned.

"Oh, I just said that if I found out she'd ever done it again then she'd be hurt with worse than a language spell," Ginny replied. Neville looked at her in confusion. "Fred and George sent a spell that made her only able to speak Latin. I was quite disappointed that Dumbledore found out. It would have been funny to see what would have happened," Ginny said with a laugh. Neville grinned.

"Want to know something weird?" Neville asked Ginny. She nodded. "I bumped into... Blaise this morning and he didn't do anything. He helped me off the floor and that was it," Neville whispered quietly.

"That's good, I think..." Ginny said with a frown.

"Yeah, I didn't know what to think either. I just mumbled thanks then left as quick as I could without tripping over," Neville said with a faint blush.

They walked into the Charms classroom and then after Ginny had taken her things out, she looked at Neville.

"Did he say anything to you?" She asked. Neville shrugged, blushing again.

"I don't know. I was so nervous I didn't really hear anything," he said. Ginny thought for a second then grabbed Neville's hand.

"Think of it really well... I'll see for myself," Ginny said. Neville nodded and thought. Murmuring a spell, Ginny and Neville disappeared.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neville walked along the corridor, adjusting his bag on his shoulder. His robe was half open as he hadn't had time to do it up completely that morning.

Neville looked at Ginny in shock and surprise.

"How did you do this? That's me," he said watching as his past self walked along the corridor. He winced. "Look out," he called out, but to no avail.

Neville smacked into what he first thought was a door. He fell to the floor with a thud.

"Gods, that hurt," he muttered.

"Here, let me help you," a voice said.

Neville went pale then bright red as he realised whom the voice belonged to. He looked up to see a very hot looking Blaise standing over him, offering his hand to him. Neville took it and stood up, still bright red.

"You should look up when you walk," Blaise said with a smirk. Neville nodded, his face going an even brighter shade of red, something that Ginny hadn't thought possible.

"Thanks," Neville murmured and then left quickly.

"Oh, Gods... Could I have been any more idiotic? Why didn't I just knock myself out to save from embarrassment?" Neville groaned and shook his head. Ginny took his arm and they disappeared again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, Miss Weasley, Mr Longbottom. I didn't see you there," Flitwick said when he turned around to see Ginny and Neville sitting on their seats.

"That's all right, Professor. I was just tying my shoelace up," Ginny said with a smile.

"Are you all right, Mr Longbottom? You look quite pale," Flitwick noticed. Neville just groaned softly and smacked his head on the table. "Is he all right?" Flitwick asked Ginny in shock.

"Uh, yes sir... He's just a bit nervous about Potions," Ginny said brightly. "Everyone's coming, Neville. Sit up and don't look at the Slytherins, understood?" She said quietly in Neville's ear. Neville nodded and sat up properly. He rubbed his forehead and made a mental note not to hit his head on any more wooden tables. Ginny grabbed Neville's hand comfortingly. "It's all right, Nev. Concentrate on class, ok?" She said quietly. He nodded again.

Students started to file in and Neville, determined not to look at the Slytherins, stared down at the seat in front of him. A person with black hair sat in front of him and Neville started for a moment, knowing that Harry never sat in front of him. Then he saw that the person had dark skin.

"Please tell me that's Dean Thomas in front of me," Neville moaned quietly to Ginny.

Ginny stared at Blaise, wondering what the hell he was doing sitting on the Gryffindor side of the classroom. Then Draco sat next to Blaise and Neville almost fainted.

"I didn't think it was... What are they doing over this side?" He asked quietly.

"No idea... Hey, Blaise? Are you sure you're sitting in the right seat?" Ginny asked him. Blaise turned around and smirked at her. Neville stared at him.

"I'm sure, Ginevra... You didn't hear Dumbledore after your little episode with Lavender, did you? He said that we were to promote House unity more, so Draco and I decided to sit on the Gryffindor side for the rest of the year..." Blaise said grinning. Neville's head dropped to the table.

"You're being mean, Blaise," Ginny muttered so quietly that only he could hear. Blaise just smirked at her.

"You were the one that told me to tell him," he replied in the same tone. "How about I sit up next to you two? I'm sure there's enough room for all of us. I can just sit on one of your laps," Blaise said with a smirk. Neville's head shot up and he ran out of the classroom.

"Blaise, you're such a jerk... He was all ready to go off and knock himself out with what happened this morning. You just really want him out of your head, don't you?" Ginny asked shaking her head then left after Neville. Blaise left too. Having no idea what had just happened, Flitwick sent Draco after them.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

"Neville! Stop running, would you? If you don't stop, I'm going to bloody hurt you! It's too early in the morning to be running after you!" Ginny called.

Neville stopped reluctantly and turned. When he saw that Blaise was following Ginny, he turned and ran as fast as he could.

"For the Gods sakes!" Ginny muttered and ran after Neville faster.

Blaise ran faster, his body starting to change as he did so. Soon a centaur was running through the halls after a Vampire and a runaway student. With a sigh, a Veelan was running after those three too.

Ginny caught up with Neville easily and she pulled him outside to the room that Colin had taken them. She returned to her normal form and looked at Neville, shaking her head.

"I told you not to run, Neville! You should have stayed in class! Flitwick's sent Malfoy after us and we're all going to be in trouble," Ginny said shaking her head.

"I... I'm not going... back to class. Ever," Neville stammered. "Can you... believe it? I have to sit... near him for... for the rest of the year?" Neville stammered again then sank to the floor in shock. Ginny sighed and sat beside him.

"Come on, Neville... It's not that bad," Ginny said comfortingly. Neville nodded.

"I know, that's exactly it," he said with a sigh.

They heard hooves outside and looked at each other. Then the door opened and they saw Blaise standing there. Well, it looked like Blaise, but it was a centaur version of him. Neville stared at him.

"Blaise?" he asked. The centaur nodded and walked over to him.

"Come with me. We need to talk," Blaise said and offered Neville his hand again. Neville took it in a daze and followed Blaise outside. "We won't be long," Blaise said to another person. Draco nodded and let them leave. He went into the room and saw Ginny sitting on the floor.

"You all right?" He asked. Ginny nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine... Poor Neville. Blaise was really torturing him by sitting there," Ginny said shaking her head.

"We better wait until they get back. Flitwick won't think it very good if only we go back then Blaise and Longbottom get back to class afterwards..." Draco said. Ginny shrugged.

"I don't really care. I just want to see Brown as little as possible," Ginny said. Draco nodded.

"Saw what happened at the Great Hall... What exactly did she do or say to make you do that?" Draco asked with a smirk.

"She said how fat I'm going to get by eating food... And she does it in such a way that you feel guilty eating anything. It pisses me off so much. I just lost control, I guess. You know, she's the one who convinced Eloise to hex off her pimples. She kept saying to Parvati that no guy would date a girl who had acne whenever Eloise was near. Eloise got worried about it, of course, because she really liked some guy in Ravenclaw. Then Lavender just happened to tell Parvati a spell that was supposed to remove acne. Eloise went off and did it, then almost lost her nose in the process. The acne was still there and all she got was a crooked nose. Gods, I would have started slapping the hell out of Lavender, but I couldn't. Eloise told me not too, for starters, and it was none of my business either..." Ginny said shaking her head.

"So what happened with the Ravenclaw guy?" Draco asked. Ginny laughed softly.

"He ended up dating Eloise. They're still going out, I think... She was really happy about it because he said that he didn't care about pimples. He had them too and he shouldn't judge people because of the way they look, or something like that," Ginny said. "Did you really mean what you said yesterday?" Ginny asked suddenly.

"What did I say?" Draco asked frowning.

"You called me a worthless whore," Ginny said quietly. Draco looked at her for a moment, but didn't reply. "Right... I'm going to go find Blaise and Neville," she said and got up.

"I didn't mean to say it, Weasley," Draco said quietly as she was about to go out the door.

"I'm sure you didn't, Malfoy... But you did say it," Ginny said then slipped outside. She saw Blaise and Neville not too far off, kissing. "Hey, lovebirds!" She called. Blaise and Neville looked at her. "Flitwick's going to send someone else out if we don't get back soon," Ginny said.

Blaise nodded and took Neville's hand as they walked over. Neville was almost bursting with happiness and still seemed to be in shock. As they walked back, Blaise turned back into his human self, never letting go of Neville.

"Good to see you two finally together... Now, can we get back to class before Flitwick sends the search party?" Ginny asked. Blaise and Neville grinned at her and nodded.

"What about Draco?" Blaise asked looking into the room. Draco was sitting there, still in shock.

"A calming spell should do the trick," Ginny said. Blaise nodded and performed a calming spell on his friend. Draco relaxed and stopped looking so shocked. He stood up and glared at them.

"Thought you said you weren't going to be long," Draco sneered at Blaise.

"Plans change," Blaise drawled then left the room with Neville.

"Weasley?" Draco questioned. Ginny didn't look at him. "Ginevra please, look at me," he said quietly. Ginny looked at him and waited. "I said that in the heat of the moment. I didn't mean any offence, and I meant it when I apologised for it yesterday," Draco said reluctantly. Ginny nodded.

"I'm sure you did," she said and then left. Draco followed her out of the room and they all made their way back to the Charms classroom.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

"There you all are! What took you so long?" Flitwick asked as they entered the classroom.

"Sorry, sir. It took longer than we thought to find Neville. He's a fast runner," Ginny said with an apologetic grin. The two Slytherins nodded in agreement.

"Very well... Go back to your seats and catch up on what you've missed out on," Flitwick instructed.

Ginny and Neville sat in their seats, and Blaise and Draco sat in front of them.

"May someone please tell me what a charm originally was?" Flitwick asked.

"The term 'charm' originally meant the chanting of a verse to keep away bad influences," Ginny said immediately.

"Very good, Miss Weasley! Ten points to Gryffindor," Flitwick said happily. "Now, although charms were originally meant to be a verse to keep away bad spirits, charms are now amulets and other objects. The charm you will be learning today is how to make an amulet out of nothing," Flitwick said. "In front of each of you should be a piece of string. If you do not have one, then please tell me and I will give you one," Flitwick said.

Everyone looked down on their desks and found a large loop of string, big enough to be a necklace.

"The charm is Lamnia. What does this mean?" Flitwick asked.

"It means a sheet of metal," Hermione said before anyone else could say anything.

"Very good, Miss Granger. Five points to Gryffindor," Flitwick said. "Now, watch carefully. This spell can be dangerous if you do not do it properly." Flitwick said. "You have to point your wand at a clear space, such as this one on the floor. There is nothing there, see?" Flitwick said and indicated to the empty space. "Now move your wand around clockwise once and say the incantation, Lamnia," he said, and a small sheet of metal appeared in the empty space. "Be careful not to point it at anyone or anything, or you will all be in severe trouble," Flitwick finished, completely serious. "Once you have made your metal, put your hand up and I will check it for you," Flitwick said. "Clear the space in front of you, then do the spell carefully," he said, stressing the word 'carefully'.

Ginny moved her books out of the way and stood up so she could point her wand at the desk properly. Neville followed suit, not wanting to get into severe trouble.

Ginny pointed her wand at her desk, then moved it around clockwise and said the incantation. A sheet of metal appeared in front of her and she moved it out of Neville's way then put her hand up. She watched as Neville did the incantation and a sheet of metal appeared in front of him too. Neville sat down and poked the metal to make sure it was really there before putting his hand up too. Flitwick levitated himself over to them and checked the metal with his wand.

"Very good, Miss Weasley. The metal is extremely strong. I doubt that even a giant could break it," he said with a smile. "Mr. Longbottom, your metal is very good. Congratulations," Flitwick said smiling at Neville. "Twenty points to Gryffindor," he said. Neville beamed happily.

"We've finished too, Professor," Draco announced. Flitwick levitated down to them and tested their metal too.

"Very good work, boys. Twenty points to Slytherin and another ten for promoting House unity," Flitwick said to them smiling. Draco and Blaise nodded and Flitwick levitated over to Hermione.

"You got ten points for promoting House unity? Just because you're sitting on the wrong side of the room?" Lavender asked in shocked amazement. "You're probably just thinking of ways to torture us while the teacher's not looking," she said and glared at them.

"Oh, get over yourself Lavender. No one would waste their time in trying to torture you," Ginny hissed at her. Lavender stared at her in shock.

"So you're defending Slytherins now? First you get all angry at me just because I'm talking to my friend and now you're putting your nose in business where it's not wanted!" Lavender said.

"I think that talking to your friend about me is my business, Brown! And just because I want you to shut up doesn't mean I'm putting my nose in your business! Now shove off and try to do your piece of metal, yet again," Ginny hissed at Lavender. Blaise, Draco and Neville stared at Ginny in shock. "Oh, stop thinking that," she said glaring at the three boys.

"Is there a problem here?" Flitwick asked, levitating over. Lavender glared at Ginny but didn't say anything.

"There's no problem, Professor. I was just telling the two boys why my piece of metal has a red tinge to it instead of the silver one that their piece of metal has," Ginny said smiling at Flitwick sweetly.

"Very well... Would you mind telling me exactly how you did that, Miss Weasley?" Flitwick asked, looking down at her metal properly.

"Of course, Professor... My magic just gives off a red tinge to it. It's nothing I can really control, but I think that it makes it all the more unique," Ginny said smiling at the Professor again.

"Yes, it is unique... May I talk to you after class, please?" He asked. Ginny nodded.

"Yes, Professor Flitwick," she said.

"Thank you... Now, has everyone got a piece of metal?" He asked. Everyone answered in the affirmative. "Very good. Now, if you want a round amulet, say the incantation Rotoudus," Flitwick said. "If you want it to be square shaped, then say the incantation Quadratus," he said. "If you want it in the shape of a cone, then say Tubineus," Flitwick said. "Try it now. Just point your wand at the metal and say the word for the shape you want," Flitwick instructed. Students began to say the spell and shapes formed in their piece of metal.

"Professor? Could I use the incantation Formo instead?" Ginny asked. Flitwick looked at her for a moment then nodded. "Thank you." (To shape, form, or fashion.)

"What are you going to make your amulet into?" Neville asked. Ginny shrugged.

"I'm not sure. Let's see..." She said with a grin. Ginny pointed her wand at the piece of metal and said, "Formo." Her wand shot out a small red-white light, almost like a Muggle laser and a picture began to form in the metal. When Ginny realised that it was going to take a long time, she made her wand stay in mid air so it could continue. "Remaneo," she whispered, then let go of her wand. It stayed in mid air and the light continued to come out of the tip and etch itself into the metal. (Stay, or continue.)

"Miss Weasley, what are you making there?" Flitwick asked, levitating over to her.

"I'm not sure, Professor. My wand's doing it on its own," Ginny said with a shrug. Flitwick looked from Ginny to her wand. In a few moments, the wand stopped moving and Ginny, Neville and Flitwick looked down at the piece of metal.

"Do you know what it is, Miss Weasley?" Flitwick asked. Ginny had seen the picture and went pale. "Miss Weasley? Are you all right?" Flitwick asked, seeing her pale face. She looked up at him and managed a smile.

"I'm fine, Professor. It's a dragon pendant," Ginny said and pulled the dragon out of the metal. It was the same dragon pendant that Draco had to protect himself against Virginia's Veela charms!

"It's very detailed," Flitwick said impressed. Ginny just nodded. The bell rang loudly and everyone left quickly. Ginny went over to Professor Flitwick and waited. "Ah, Miss Weasley. I was just wondering if you could cast a spell for me? I would like to see your red magic for myself, if you don't mind," Flitwick said smiling at her brightly.

"Of course, Professor," Ginny said. "What spell would you like me to do?" She asked. Flitwick thought for a moment.

"Just Lumos will do for now," he said. Ginny nodded.

"Yes, Professor. Lumos," she said and a red-white light appeared at the tip of her wand.

"Interesting... Very interesting... Thank you, Miss Weasley. You should go to your next lesson now," Flitwick said.

"Nox. Could I have a note please? I doubt Professor Snape will take my word on it," Ginny said smiling. Flitwick nodded and wrote a note out for Ginny. "Thank you," she said and left quickly, pocketing her dragon pendant.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

Not bothering to run, Ginny simply walked down to the dungeons and entered the Potions classroom.

"Miss Weasley. Glad you could join us," Snape drawled.

"Why Professor, I didn't know you cared so much," Ginny said smiling at him sweetly. She passed him the note from Flitwick then sat down on her seat. Snape glared after her.

"You want to be smart, Miss Weasley? Then tell us what potion we will be making today. The ingredients are on the board," Snape said, looking at her with a broad smirk. Ginny barely glanced at the board before answering him.

"Judging that the main ingredient is witch hazel, I would normally presume that we would be making a potion to do with cosmetics, probably a face cream, as that is the most standard seventh year potion... However, due to the fact that dried catnip leaves are also an ingredient and they produce mild hallucinations, as well as yew berry seeds, which can cause instant death, I would have to presume that the potion we are making is extremely dangerous and is to be used against enemies. All of which means that the potion we are going to make is the Mors potion," Ginny said confidently.

Looking around properly, Ginny saw that Snape was staring at her in shock, as was the rest of the class. Snape snapped out of his shock-filled state and his emotionless mask returned.

"Correct, Miss Weasley. Five points to Gryffindor," Snape said. "As Miss Weasley just said, the main ingredient is witch hazel. When cut properly, the leaves and wood can produce extracts useful in making cosmetics. However, as there are catnip leaves and yew berry seeds in the potion as well, this means that the potion is extremely dangerous, as both of these ingredients are poisonous. The yew berries are fine to eat by themselves, and yew bark is often used in both Muggle and wizard medicines, as well as to make archery bows and arrows. But the berry seeds and leaves of the yew tree contain alkaloids that have caused many Muggle animals to die suddenly. Once consumed, the leaves and berry will cause the heart to stop and there are no symptoms to be seen," Snape said. "Everyone put on your gloves when handling these ingredients, as it would not do for a student to die due to ignorance and irresponsiblity. Is that understood?" He asked, surveying the room. The students nodded, most of them pale. "Well... Put your gloves on, you imbeciles!" Snape said and everyone did so quickly.

"You can't use those gloves, Ron. They've got holes in them," Hermione whispered to him.

"Is there a problem here, Miss Granger?" Snape asked looking down at her.

"No, Professor... I was just telling Ron that he can't use the gloves he brought because they have holes in them," Hermione said quietly. Snape smirked and looked at Ron, who was glaring at Hermione.

"Let me see your gloves, Mr Weasley," Snape said. Ron reluctantly showed Snape his gloves, going bright red when Snape tsked at him. "You will have to sit this out, Mr Weasley. You will not be able to make any other potions with these gloves. You will receive zero until you can come up with better gloves. Let's hope that your sister has better gloves than you... It would be a shame for both Weasley's to fail my subject," Snape drawled.

"Actually Professor, I happened to bring two pairs and they are both in immaculate condition," Ginny said. Snape frowned and walked back to her seat.

"Show me," he said. Ginny brought two pairs of gloves from her bag and showed them to him. "Mr Weasley. Take a pair of gloves from your sister. Next time, be better prepared," Snape snarled at him.

Ron nodded and took a pair of gloves from Ginny then returned to his seat quickly. Only Neville noticed that Ginny was missing two quills...

"Everyone collect the ingredients, then start. You have forty minutes to complete the potion," Snape said. Everyone rushed to the front quickly and grabbed everything. Ginny waited patiently for everyone to finish pushing and shoving then took the ingredients once there was enough room for her to get in between the other students. Ginny eventually got back to her seat and then started to instruct Neville what to do.

"Got your gloves on?" Ginny asked him. Neville nodded and showed her his extra thick dragon hide gloves. "Ok, then put in the dried catnip leaves and stir to the left three times," she said. Neville did as she said and they continued to work that way for the rest of the class...

With only a few minutes to spare before the bell went, they had finished their potion. Ginny labelled their phials and took them up to Professor Snape.

"You are to stay behind, Miss Weasley," Snape said.

Ginny nodded and went back to her seat. As Ginny and Neville finished packing up their belongings, the bell rang loudly. A large bang was heard and Seamus and Dean started swearing loudly.

"Mr. Finnigan and Mr. Thomas! Stop your cursing and come to the front," Snape yelled. Both boys did as he said reluctantly. "What happened?" Snape asked them.

"Well Seamus was putting in the witch hazel while I was stirring the cauldron, then the bell went and he jumped. He put all of the witch hazel in instead of only half and the potion blew up," Dean said.

"Clean up your mess and both of you have detention tonight at eight thirty so you can redo the potion. Twenty points from Gryffindor," Snape said. Both boys nodded and went back to their seats reluctantly, muttering under their breath. "I want you all to do an essay on witch hazel. It is to be 12 inches long. Include the magical properties and uses of the plant and any other information that you can find that you may think to be necessary in the essay," Snape said. "Now get out of here. I don't want to have to put up with you any longer than I have to," Snape growled and the rest of the class left quickly. Ginny walked over to Snape.

"Yes, Professor?" Ginny asked. Snape glared at her. He waited until Dean and Seamus had left the room to start speaking.

"I am quite aware that you are smart, Miss Weasley. There is no need for you to flounce it at the rest of the class though," Snape said.

"I beg your pardon, sir?" Ginny asked.

"You describing the potion, Miss Weasley. You only had to say what the potion was, not go over the top and be smart about it," Snape said. Ginny stared at him.

"You are lecturing me for answering a question that you asked me, Professor?" Ginny asked.

"No, I am telling you not to upstage the rest of the class. It doesn't look good for everyone else when you know more than I do," Snape said lightly, trying not to offend Ginny.

"Don't tell me that you didn't know all of what I said, Professor?" Ginny asked smirking at him.

"Of course I knew it... Well, not the part about dried catnip leaves producing mild hallucinations, but everything else is common knowledge to me," Snape said.

"Sure it is... You want to know how I know so much about plants?" Ginny asked him smirking. Snape glared at her.

"I would advise you in refraining from going into my mind, Miss Weasley. There are things that I would not wish you to see, and I doubt that you yourself would want to see them," Snape said quietly.

"I understand that, Professor. I have not gone in to your mind, I could just tell from your interest that you wanted to know," Ginny explained.

"Very well... How do you know so much about plants?" Snape asked her.

"I'd tell you, but witches never reveals their secrets," Ginny said with a smirk then left his dungeon to the Great Hall.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

"Hey Ginny. Thanks for your gloves. When did you get a second pair?" Ron asked giving back the gloves to her. Ginny grinned and undid the spell. "I was wearing quills?" Ron asked in shock.

"They were probably better than my gloves and you're not going to fail, so get over it," Ginny said with a shrug, then proceeded to sit between Colin and Neville.

"Hi Ginny... How was Potions?" Colin asked.

"Same old, same old," Ginny replied. "How were your lessons?" She asked him.

"It was all right, besides the fact that I had Potions up first. Then I had Herbology, so I guess it was okay," Colin said with a shrug. "We're learning about the properties of yew trees in Herbology," Colin said and got into a conversation with Neville about yew trees.

Ginny looked around the Great Hall as she ate her recess. Lavender was glaring at her and was as far away from Ginny as possible, not that Ginny was complaining... Harry, Ron and Hermione were all whispering to each other, but Ginny couldn't be bothered trying to listen in on to what they were saying.

It was bad enough that people were projecting thoughts left, right, and centre without her trying to actually hear them properly! Taking a vial out of her robe, she poured it into her mouth and swallowed gratefully, thanking the gods and Madam Pomfrey as her headache faded away.

"I'm going to go get my books. So I'll see you in Care of Magical Creatures, ok, Neville?" She asked. Neville nodded.

"Ok, see you Ginny," Neville said and Ginny left the Great Hall.

Someone followed her out, but she just assumed that someone had decided to leave early too. However, as the footsteps continued to follow her, Ginny turned around and faced the person.

"Blaise," Ginny stated. Blaise smirked at her and gave a mocking bow.

"The one and only..." He said with a wink.

"What do you want?" Ginny asked.

"Just to talk with you," Blaise said. Ginny sighed and nodded.

"All right. Come to my room with me," she said and opened the nearby tapestry silently.

They walked along the underground corridor quietly and Ginny opened her door to her room. They walked in through her wardrobe and she indicated for Blaise to sit down. Ginny got her Care of Magical Creatures book and her Runes books then sat opposite Blaise.

"All right, spill," Ginny said.

"I wanted to talk to you about Neville," Blaise said.

"What about him? You want to See something," Ginny stated. Blaise blushed lightly and nodded.

"I can never get the courage to actually See anything, but you could," he said quickly.

"A Slytherin not doing something he wants? Well, that's a first," Ginny said grinning at him. "Fill up the bowl and bring it back to me. Half a year should be enough," Ginny said.

Blaise nodded and took the bowl from the shelf. When he'd gone into the bathroom, Ginny walked back through her wardrobe.

"You can come out now, Neville," she said. Neville came into the light and looked at her shyly.

"I'm sorry... I just saw him come down here and I wanted to know what he was doing," Neville said quietly. "I didn't mean to interrupt you two," he said. Ginny smiled at her friend.

"It's all right, Neville. Come inside, I'll show you my room," Ginny said. Neville nodded and followed Ginny inside. He looked at everything in shock and amazement.

"This is great, Ginny!" He said. Blaise came out of the bathroom. When he saw Neville, he dropped the bowl in shock. Both boys blushed and Ginny stopped the bowl from hitting the floor. She spilled some of the water onto the table and sat down.

"All right. Both of you sit down. Since you followed Blaise, you can See this too, Neville. Hold each other's hands, then take mine," Ginny instructed. Neville took Blaise's hand shyly then grabbed Ginny's. Blaise took Ginny's free hand and they looked in to the water.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blaise looked at Neville for a moment. He kissed him softly and whispered in his ear, causing Neville to blush brightly.

"Come on, lovebirds! We want to get there before it ends!" Ginny called up the stairs.

"All right, Goddess Ginevra! Keep your hair on!" Blaise called back. He took Neville's hand and they left the room. They walked down the stairs to see Draco and Ginny sitting on one of the lounges, hand in hand.

"Well, finally! I was about to send a search party for you," Ginny drawled. She smirked at Blaise and Neville. "What did you say to the poor boy? He hasn't stopped blushing since you came downstairs," Ginny said looking at Neville.

"Calm down, love," Blaise whispered in Neville's ear.

"All right, enough whispering. Do we need to split you two up or can you behave?" Ginny asked, looking mainly at Blaise.

"Me, not behave? You wound me," he said mockingly.

"Yeah, I'm sure... Come on, Pansy's already left with Vincent and Gregory; we're going to be the last ones there," Ginny said and took Draco's hand to get him off the lounge. "I wish you'd stop staring, Draco. It's making me uncomfortable," Ginny said, frowning at him.

"Can't help it. You sure you're not part Veela yourself?" Draco asked with his trademark smirk.

"If I'm part Veela, then you're part troll. Come on!" Ginny said and pulled Draco outside. Blaise and Neville followed them outside, Blaise still whispering in Neville's ear.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What was that?" Neville asked in shock. Blaise and Ginny looked at him.

"It was a vision. It's what was supposed to happen when you looked into the crystal ball during Divination," Ginny said smirking at him. Neville sighed.

"I never was any good at Divination," he said. Ginny laughed.

"Just because you don't See through the crystal ball, or by reading the tea leaves, that doesn't mean that you aren't good at Divination, Neville! You should try floating forked witch hazel branches in water. I think you'd be better at water divining than crystallomancy," Ginny said decisively.

"Mine are mainly palmistry and tarot. I'm still working on the water divining," Blaise said smirking.

"I haven't tried those two yet. Can you show me?" Ginny asked him, grinning.

"Well, I don't carry a pack of cards with me, so it'll have to be palmistry for now," Blaise said. Ginny nodded. Blaise took Neville's left hand and traced along one of the lines on his hand. Neville shivered and watched intently as Blaise traced the lines along his palm sensually.

"Oh, bad thoughts! Both of you! Reign yourselves in a bit! I do not want to know any of that!" Ginny interrupted, wincing. Blaise started laughing and Ginny hit him. "Stop that! You're evil, Blaise! Stop it!" Ginny said and shook her head to rid her mind of the images. "Oh, not you too! Neville, you're supposed to be my friend! Bad, bad, bad images!" Ginny muttered, hitting both of them. "I swear, if it wasn't time to go, I'd kick you both in the head," Ginny said and the bell rang loudly. Ginny grabbed her bag. "You can let yourselves out. Don't go anywhere near my bed or I have the right to kill you both," she said as she departed through the wardrobe.

Blaise and Neville followed her, Blaise sending 'bad' images to her for the entire time. By the time they all came out of a tapestry near the entrance of the castle, Ginny's face was bright red and flushed.

"One day I'm going to dismember you, Blaise Zabini," Ginny muttered to him. Blaise smirked and leant towards her.

"You wouldn't hurt me while Neville's around," he whispered.

"Oh yeah?" Ginny muttered back. "You're not the only one who's been thinking about that, you know. I'm going to dismember you both," Ginny said. Blaise laughed softly then went to join his Slytherin friends. Neville looked at Ginny.

"Sorry... I couldn't help it," Neville said. Ginny smirked at him and put an arm around his shoulders.

"I'm sure you couldn't. Come on, let's go see what animals we've got in store for us today," Ginny said and they went outside and down to Hagrid's hut.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

"Right... Mornin' to all o' yer," Hagrid said smiling at everyone. "Now, since yer didn't get ter see the unicorns yesterday, yer can all see 'em today. Follow me..." Hagrid said and led them all in to the Forbidden Forest.

Soon enough, they came across the unicorn herd in a clearing. Evita trotted over to Hagrid and neighed to him, sounding worried.

"Are ye kiddin' me? How'd it get 'ere? There's never been one of 'em here before," Hagrid said. Evita neighed again then looked to Ginny. "What? No way. I won' let her... She'll get killed," Hagrid muttered.

"Professor? What's going on?" Dean asked Hagrid. Hagrid turned around, almost surprised to see everyone there. He shook his large head.

"We've gotta leave. There's a nundu in the Forest," Hagrid said. The students who knew what that was paled in shock.

"What's the quickest way out of the Forest?" Theodore asked urgently. His urgency caught on and all of the students started to panic.

"All of yer calm down!" Hagrid bellowed and they all shut up quickly. "I'll take yer all outta the Forest, jus' calm down... Ginny, come 'ere," Hagrid said. Ginny went over to him and looked at him expectantly. "The nundu wants to see you," he said quietly. Ginny frowned then sighed.

"Why is it always me?" She muttered. "Where is the nundu then?" She asked him. Hagrid looked down at her in shock.

"Yer not going to it, Ginny. Not even I would try to see a nundu!" He said, his voice getting higher.

"I'm not you and besides, I have to know how it got from east Africa to here," Ginny said with a shrug. "I'll be fine, Hagrid. Just say I left when you were taking everyone back or something..." She said and left the safety of the clearing.

"Ginny! Get back here!" She heard Hagrid calling.

Knowing that he wouldn't dare to try and find her while there was a nundu around, Ginny just ignored him and started to walk deeper into the Forbidden Forest. After a while, the forest vines became too thick and Ginny had to change. She morphed in to a small bird then flew above the treetops. Flying aimlessly, she felt a pull towards the back part of the Forest and flew down there. She changed to her normal form as she landed in a clearing.

A growl came from behind her and Ginny turned around to face the nundu. The giant leopard was described as the most dangerous beast in the world. With breath that caused disease virulent enough to eliminate entire villages and having never been stopped by fewer than a hundred skilled wizards working together, it wasn't surprising...

Ginny just hoped that the nundu wasn't going to try and attack her.

The nundu walked towards her, its power and grace showing with every step it took towards her. Even though it was dangerous, Ginny had to admire the beast for its beauty. The spots that covered its sleek smooth fur seemed to be darker than black against its golden fur. It moved smoothly toward her and Ginny wondered if she was going crazy, to willingly meet a nundu.

If you wouldn't mind putting a spell on my mouth, I will then talk to you properly, the nundu said in her mind. Ginny bowed to the leopard and put a spell around its mouth to stop the disease filled breath from coming towards her.

"Thank you, daughter. It was brave and foolish of you to meet me without bringing any protection," the nundu said.

"You're welcome. Yes, I am aware of my foolishness and bravery, but I do not regret it," Ginny said. The nundu regarded her for a moment then nodded.

"Very well... Before we do anything I require some proof that you are who I requested to meet," the nundu said.

"Will my dagger do?" Ginny asked. The nundu nodded. Ginny held out her hand and the dagger appeared in her hand. She showed the nundu her dagger and he looked impressed.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Ginevra Molly Weasley, daughter of the four great bloodlines; future wife of Draconius Malfoy and the world's greatest tresure," the nundu said and bowed to her deeply.

"The pleasure is all mine. I apologise. I do not know who to address you as," Ginny said returning the nundu's bow.

"I am Magnus Cauda-cattus, which means large tail of a cat," Magnus said and swished his tail proudly.

"It is a very large tail, Magnus Cauda-cattus. You must be proud," Ginny said smiling. Magnus gave a small shake.

"Pride is a waste of emotion on such a trivial thing as a tail, though I do feel some pity when I see others of my kind with such small tails," Magnus said.

"As you should," Ginny said. Magnus shook himself again.

"If you were to climb on to my back I would like to show you something, Ginevra Molly Weasley," Magnus said.

"If you will promise not to let me get hurt then I will gladly climb onto your back, Magnus Cauda-cattus," Ginny said.

"Of course, Ginevra Molly Weasley. I will protect you and not allow you to come to any harm while you are in my care. On the honour of my family and my tail," Magnus said and bowed again.

"Very well, Magnus Cauda-cattus," Ginny said and climbed on to the nundu's back gracefully.

"You may want to hold on to my fur, Ginevra Molly Weasley," Magnus said.

Ginny held on to his fur tightly and Magnus leapt out of the clearing. Almost as if he knew every part of the Forest like he knew every spot on his body, Magnus dodged every branch and root sticking up from the ground. He seemed to fly past the trees and Ginny soon lost herself in the joy of riding such a wonderfully smooth and powerful beast.

Too soon for Ginny, Magnus stopped in a larger clearing that was full of animals and beasts of every kind.

"I bring to you, Ginevra Molly Weasley!" Magnus roared loudly and noises erupted all around that Ginny assumed to be cheering. At least, it didn't sound like the noises were meant to sound dangerous or frightening... The noises came to a halt when Magnus roared again. "Ginevra Molly Weasley will now address you before she is to be crowned," Magnus said. Ginny looked at him in surprise.

She had to make a speech? She was getting crowned? Ginny didn't know what one to be more worried about. She hated giving speeches...

"You may speak in your own tongue, Ginevra Molly Weasley. Some of the elves have made the clearing able to change your words to each language," Magnus said. Ginny nodded and stepped forward, praying to the Gods that she could get some kind of understanding of what to say...

"Thank you for your introduction, Magnus Caudua-cattus. May your newborn be large and his tail long," Ginevra said. Magnus bowed, thanking her for her blessing. "You all come from near and far places to witness an event that not even the stars have spoken of in fear of it not occurring..." Ginevra announced. The animals roared in response. "The heavens above witness as do all of you here in this clearing, that I, Ginevra Molly Weasley, daughter of the four great bloodlines; future wife of Draconius Malfoy and the world's greatest treasure, am to be crowned as your Queen!" Cheers erupted again. "All of those present in the clearing, those that are representing other beings and those not able to be present will recognise me as their Queen!" Ginevra called. Every animal, beast and being went wild, stamping and cheering loudly. Birds flew from the treetops in respect for their Queen and burst out in joyful songs.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

The Care of Magical Creatures class watched as birds of every kind flew from a certain back part of the Forbidden Forest and burst out into song. A feeling of peace washed over each person and they continued to wait for Ginny to return.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

"Ginevra Molly Weasley. Every being and creature will from now will recognise you as their Queen. We will follow you anywhere and we all promise to protect you even if it means our deaths," Magnus said to her and roared loudly, the other creatures joining in.

The wind blew around her and Ginny felt something inside her awaken. Knowledge and power filled her body as the wind continued to blow around her body, enveloping her in warmth and coldness at the same time. She saw the wind take on a red glow and smiled peacefully.

Suddenly, the all of the noise and wind stopped and an arrow landed at Ginevra's feet.

"We refuse to recognise that human as our Queen," Bane said glaring at Ginevra with unsuppressed hate.

"You dare to refuse our Queen her right?" Magnus roared and went to leap at the centaur herd. Ginevra put a hand on him to stop him.

"No, Magnus. It is all right," Ginevra said softly. Magnus backed down reluctantly. Ginevra looked to the centaurs. "I acknowledge your refusal. However, I know that before the next four seasons end you will change your mind willingly. In this knowledge, I release you from here unharmed," Ginevra said. She threw up a hand and a barrier formed around the centaurs. "Leave now under my protection, centaurs," Ginevra said and the centaurs left quickly.

"Do you think it wise to do that, my Queen?" Magnus asked. Ginevra smiled at the nundu.

"I am as wise as I am foolish, my dear nundu. It was the right thing to do for I do not wish to cause war with the centaurs. They are to be respected, not fought," Ginevra said.

"Yes, my Queen," Magnus replied and bowed. Ginevra turned to the gathered creatures.

"My friends and followers, I bid you farewell now. You may return to your homes," Ginevra called out. The animals left quickly while some disappeared and others stayed.

"Are you well, my Queen?" Magnus asked. Ginny smiled at the nundu.

"Yes Magnus Cauda-cattus, I am well. I must return to my school now. Would you please oblige me in taking me back?" Ginny asked him. Magnus bowed to her.

"It would be a pleasure, my Queen," Magnus said and allowed Ginny to mount his back. She held on to his fur and Magnus leapt out of the clearing.

Ginny watched with glee as colours and trees seemed to fly past them. She felt the wind blowing around her, welcoming her. Nymphs whispered beside her and Ginny nodded, listening to their message.

Again the ride seemed too short as Magnus stopped outside of the Forbidden Forest near Hagrid's hut.

Students screamed and backed away from the nundu in fear. Magnus rolled his eyes and Ginny tried not to laugh.

"I thank you, my dear Magnus Cauda-cattus. You should return now before any wizards try to hurt you," Ginny said. Magnus rubbed his face against her hand then leapt in to the Forest again.

"Ginny! Are yer all right?" Hagrid asked coming over as soon as the nundu had gone. Ginny smiled at Hagrid.

"Of course I'm all right. Nundu's are very faithful creatures. Magnus wouldn't hurt me, especially not now," she said, smiling secretively. Hagrid frowned down at her.

"What are yer talkin' about, Ginny?" He asked. Ginny touched Hagrid's arm and he looked down at her in shock and surprise. "Yer mean yer the one? By the Gods," Hagrid said and paled dramatically. He swayed dangerously and the students moved out of his way in fear of being flattened by the half-giant.

"Be still, my friend. Please, continue with the lesson before it is time for us to go," Ginny said. Hagrid stopped swaying and went to bow to her but Ginny shook her head. "There is no need to bow to me, Hagrid," she said. With a quick nod Hagrid indicated for everyone to sit down and read their books.

"Ginny, yer coming with me ter see Albus," Hagrid said. "I can' believe it... In me own class," he muttered and led Ginny up to the castle, leaving the other students bewildered.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

Hagrid knocked on Albus' door loudly, almost putting a dent in the wooden door.

"Yes, Hagrid?" Albus asked and opened the door. Hagrid walked in with Ginny following close behind. Albus smiled at Ginny. "That is a nice dress, Miss Weasley," Albus said.

Ginny just nodded, thinking that Albus was seeing things. She was wearing her school uniform, not a dress! He'd probably consumed too much sugar from all those lemon drops.

"Sir... Professor... She is... It's her..." Hagrid said, still in shock. Albus looked over his half moon spectacles at Hagrid.

"Who is what exactly, Rubeus?" He asked. Hagrid pointed to Ginny unable to form any words, let alone a coherent sentence. "Ginevra, perhaps you could translate what Hagrid means," Albus said smiling.

"I'm the new Queen," Ginny said quietly. Albus's smiled faded and he paled.

"What?!" He exclaimed in shock. "Why didn't they tell me?" Albus muttered and went over to the window. He pushed it open with such force that the glass panes cracked. He yelled a word out the window so loudly that Ginny couldn't even interpret what he said.

With a gush of wind hundreds of tiny fairies appeared at the window. They squeaked to Albus quickly, interrupting each other and rushing over their 'words'. Albus looked from one fairy to Ginny, then back again and squeaked something in response. The fairy gave a high pitched sound giving the impression that she was insulted. Albus returned an apologetic sound and with another gush of wind the fairies disappeared from the window.

Albus repaired the window then sat back on his seat. He looked at Ginny.

"Well... It seems that you have been crowned," he said, smiling at her.

Ginny nodded briefly, not knowing what to say.

"Congratulations, Ginevra. I am sure you will respect your new power properly. Well, excepting that particular incident that you Saw a few night's ago..." Albus said with a smile. "You should go to your next class. I need to speak with Hagrid," Albus said. Ginny nodded and left Albus' office.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

"Are you okay, Ginny?" Neville asked as soon as he saw her.

"I'm fine, Neville. You haven't transferred into Runes, have you?" Ginny asked him. Neville shook his head.

"No. I just wanted to make sure you were ok... What happened back there? Where'd you go? And how did your clothes change?" Neville asked. Ginny frowned.

"What do you mean?" She asked and looked down at what should have been her school uniform. She was wearing a dress that was covered in spots, feathers, scales and fur. It seemed like every animal in the world had contributed in the making of her dress...

It was only then that Ginny felt a new weight on her head. With a wince she felt her head and pulled off a crown made from tree twigs. Like her dress, the crown seemed to have one branch from every kind of tree in both the Muggle and wizarding worlds.

"Oh Gods... I don't even want to think about my hair," Ginny murmured. Neville heard her and grinned.

"You look like you own the Forbidden Forest. It's cool," he said comfortingly. Blaise came up behind him and Neville jumped until he saw who it was.

"What's cool?" Blaise asked looking over Ginny with a smirk.

"The way Ginny looks. It's wild," Neville said, grinning.

"Definitely wild," Blaise said with a wink. "Oh, don't look at me like that, you wild Goddess!" Blaise said and winked at Ginny again.

"Oh, go away you two. It's bad enough I have to go through classes looking like this without you two having to make me feel like a complete idiot," Ginny said, then entered into the Runes classroom.

"Come on, Neville. Let's leave little miss wild Goddess to brood over the way she looks. I'll be back before Yepir gets here, don't worry... You've got Herbology, right?" Blaise asked Neville as they left.

Ginny sighed and shook her head. She took out her books and quills and waited for the few seconds it took for the rest of her classmates to enter the classroom. They were still wary about her turning into a wolf, so when they came in and saw Ginny looking the way she was everyone tried to get as far away from her as possible.

"Hi, Ginny... Uh, nice dress," Hermione said, looking her up and down. Ginny rolled her eyes.

"It was given to me and so was the crown, so don't say one thing about them," Ginny warned. Hermione nodded and sat next to her grinning broadly. "Oh, if you're going to be like that I'm just going to do a Glamour, for the Gods sakes!" Ginny muttered at Hermione and cast a Glamour on herself so it looked like she was wearing her proper school uniform.

Blaise walked in to the classroom and sat down just as Professor Yepir walked in.

"Due to the fact that you all missed out on yesterday's lesson, you will all have to work extra hard today to make up for it. But..." Yepir added when everyone groaned. "But as this is your last lesson for the week, I know that none of you will do the homework I set tonight. In light of that revelation, we will take a trip in to the Forbidden Forest and I will show you some of the Runes that have been put on the trees in there," Yepir said. Everyone packed up their things quickly and followed her outside.

"I wonder if we really have to go into the Forbidden Forest," Hermione said chewing her lip nervously.

"Well, I'm sure if Professor Yepir said we're going in there, then we're going in there," Ginny said raising an eyebrow at her. Hermione just looked apprehensive and didn't reply.

"Is the little girl scared of a few trees?" Draco taunted her quietly. Hermione glared at him.

"I'm not scared of the trees, you dummy," Hermione said. "There's things in there that not even Hagrid would go near, so I'm just worried about how far we're going in," she said then shook her head. "I don't know why I'm even explaining myself to you," she muttered then walked faster to get away from him.

Yepir led them into the Forbidden Forest and along an almost unseen path, winding through and past the large trees.

As Ginny had entered the Forest, the Glamour she had cast disappeared and she was walking around in her 'Queen attire'. Animals followed their progress through the Forest; Ginny could not only hear them walking or flying, but she could also feel and sense them there. It was an odd feeling, yet it seemed so natural at the same time...

"Now, what rune does this tree have carved into it?" Professor Yepir asked stopping at a large yew tree.

"Eihwaz is carved in to it," Ginny said automatically. Professor Yepir turned to look at Ginny, smiling. When she saw what Ginny was wearing she stopped smiling in shock.

"That is correct. I don't believe that... outfit is in accordance with the school rules, Miss Weasley," she said, mildly shocked at Ginny's garb. Ginny sighed.

"I am aware of that, Professor Yepir. However, as the Forbidden Forest is a forbidden part of the school, I doubt it that this part of the lesson can be in accordance with the school rules. Besides, my Glamour doesn't work in here. The Forest won't allow anyone to have concealing charms due to the Forest Act in 1780," Ginny said. "And besides those facts, I don't think the trees and animals would appreciate it if I didn't acknowledge their gift to me," she said with a shrug.

Professor Yepir looked at Ginny with an eyebrow raised in disbelief, until low growls came from either side of the path. She looked into the trees properly and saw hundreds of eyes watching her; watching Ginny; watching them all.

"Right... Let's continue now, shall we?" Yepir asked and led them down a different path. "What rune does this tree have?"

"Is that Algiz?" Hermione asked looking from the elm tree to her runes book.

"It's Algiz reversed... Not good," Ginny muttered and backed up the path a bit.

"Miss Weasley, what is wrong with you?" Yepir asked seeing that her student was trying to back away and how pale her face was. Ginny stared at the elk tree for a moment longer before answering.

"It's Algiz reversed and that means it's warning of hidden danger. Can we go back the same way we came, please?" Ginny asked trying to keep the hysteria out of her voice. Yepir shook her head, remembering the hundreds of animals eyes and their growls.

"No, we'll continue this way. These runes were carved long ago, there is no danger," Yepir said.

"I wouldn't be so sure," Ginny muttered. She followed her class reluctantly, watching on either side of the path for any sign of danger.

A low growl filtered in through the trees and seemed to surround them all. Ginny paled in fear; she knew what that sound was! A Yeti was just ahead and Yepir was leading them straight to it!

"Professor! That's a Yeti!" She called. Yepir turned around, a mocking smile on her face.

"Miss Weasley, Yeti's are native to Tibet. How in the gods names could it end up in England?" Yepir asked her.

"How about you ask the Gods damned Yeti that's standing behind you?" Blaise muttered, moving further back down the path.

The Yeti roared loudly and moved forward, each footstep crashing the trees around them. Yepir turned and stared at the Yeti, rooted to the spot in shock. Students began to run back down the same way they had come and Ginny ran to where Yepir was standing.

"Come on!" Ginny yelled at her when the Professor still didn't move. "Move, damn you!" Yepir moved slightly and the Yeti continued to move forward. It was almost on them... Ginny stood in front of Yepir and pulled out her wand.

"Ignis!" She said, but nothing happened. (Fire.)

The Yeti roared and moved to pick Ginny up. Ginny threw her arms up and fire erupted around herself and Yepir.

"I command you to leave!" Ginevra yelled. The Yeti stared at the fire then at Ginevra. With a scared whimper, the Yeti left as fast as it could. "Always bloody happens to me..." Ginny muttered and the fire died down. She turned in time to see Yepir faint. Ginny caught her and carried her back down the path. "Told her not to go down there, but no... Told her there was a Yeti, but does she believe me? Of course not... I'm just an ignorant little witch who doesn't know when to shut up," Ginny muttered.

"Are you all right, Ginny? I thought you'd left with the rest of us," Hermione said when she saw Ginny enter the clearing. "What happened to Professor Yepir?"

"I'm fine. No, I didn't leave with the rest of you and Yepir fainted. Come on, let's get out of here before another Yeti decides to join the party," Ginny said and led the class out of the Forbidden Forest, still carrying her Professor.

"How did you stop the Yeti, Ginny?" Hermione asked.

"Yeti's are afraid of fire so it left soon after I made a ring of fire. Mind you, I would have liked to know how the hell it got here," Ginny said shaking her head. "Can someone wake Yepir up? I'm going to go swim in the lake for a few hours," she said and walked straight in to the lake, fully clothed. Everyone stared at her in shock.

Ginny dived down into the water and saw the squid not too far away. She swam over to him and gave the best bow she could while under water.

New Queen... I am honoured for your visit, the squid said returning her bow. There was a splash behind Ginny. Then another two came and finally two more splashes. Ginny turned around and saw the other students swimming in the lake too. Hermione duck dived and swam over to her. She waved grinning then kicked her way to the top. Pansy swam over, her hands becoming webbed and gills appearing on either side of her neck. Then Ginny noticed that Pansy had a mermaid tail too. She smirked at Pansy who grinned.

"Hello Ginevra..." Pansy said, her voice coming out all watery and bubbly. Pansy winked at Ginny then swam over to the squid, stroking his tentacles fondly. "Hello, my friend. Care for a game?" She asked.

I must decline, Water Pansy... I have to go hunting for food soon and I would not wish to drain my energy, the giant squid replied. Pansy nodded and gave a bow before surfacing, her gills and webbed fingers and tail disappearing. Ginny waved goodbye to the squid then surfaced too, her breath finally running out.

"Oh, Hermione..." Ginny called. Hermione looked at her and was splashed with water. She spluttered then splashed Ginny back.

"What a childish game," Parvati said in distaste from the edge of the water. Smirking, Ginny waded over to Parvati and splashed her fiercely. "Ginny! You wet my hair!" Patil cried and kicked water at her, but Ginny moved out of the water's way easily. Parvati's sister rolled her eyes at her.

"You're going to have to do better than that, Parvati... Splash me properly!" Ginny called.

"You're such a baby, Parvati..." Padma said in disgust then splashed her sister.

Still angry about her hair, Parvati waded in to the water and splashed Ginny and Padma, who just splashed her back, making Parvati squeal loudly and keep splashing them. Ginny ducked under the water and Parvati splashed Blaise and Pansy instead. They both advanced on her and splashed water at her until someone grabbed their legs and pulled them beneath the water. As Ginny surfaced, Hermione splashed her, laughing. Ginny smirked evilly and started splashing Draco Malfoy.

"Who did that?" He growled turning around to face them. Ginny pointed at Hermione, laughing when she paled. Draco glared at Hermione and splashed her fiercely.

"Hey Ginny!" Dean called from deeper in the water. Ginny turned to face him and was pulled under the water by Seamus. He grinned at her under the water then kicked over to Dean silently and pulled him beneath the surface too.

"Students!" Yepir called from the shore. "Get out of the water right now!" She yelled. One by one, the students reluctantly got out of the water and dried themselves off with simple spells. "You could have been killed! It's almost time for the squid to go hunting," she said.

"The giant squid doesn't eat humans," Pansy said rolling her eyes. "It eats crustaceans, just like other squids do," she said. Yepir glared at her.

"That's not the point, Miss Parkinson. The giant squid is considered as food for other underwater animals, and those animals would have no trouble in eating you," Yepir said. Pansy just smirked knowing that no animals would eat her, in fear of getting on the bad side of the merpeople.

"Professor? Next time we go into the Forbidden Forest, may we please listen to what Ginevra says? I'd rather not run into a Yeti again," Blaise said, making his request sound so nice that Yepir couldn't get offended.

"There may not be a next time, Mr. Zabini," Yepir answered, leading everyone back to the Runes classroom. Just as soon as Yepir had finished setting their homework, the bell rang for lunch.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

Ginny went to her room and got changed into her school clothes, putting her Queen clothes in the wardrobe.

"Ginny, do you mind if we take that photo of you now?" Colin asked as she came into the Great Hall. Ginny sighed then took a few sandwiches and some fruit before following him outside with Neville.

"How long will it take for you to set up?" Ginny asked Colin. Colin turned to look at everything and began to tick off his fingers.

"I got the right lighting yesterday, so that's taken care of. The box is in the right place, so all I need to do is adjust my camera properly," Colin said then turned to see Ginny and Neville fighting. It was so well choreographed that he would have thought that they had been practising for weeks on end if not for the fact that they hadn't been at school for that long and Neville hadn't seen Ginny during the holidays.

Quickly adjusting his camera, Colin took some shots, the polaroids coming out quickly as he took the photos faster as Ginny and Neville continued to fight faster. Soon, most of the floor was covered in photographs and the fight ended when Ginny's foot connected lightly with Neville's chest in a back kick.

"That was amazing! How did you learn to do all that?" Colin asked in shock.

"Here and there... So are we going to get this photo done or have you used the entire film on us fighting?" Ginny asked seeing the ground.

"It's everlasting film, so you don't have to worry about that," Colin said grinning. "Get on the box and go into your Vampiress mode," he said with a wink.

"Ah, shut it Creevey before I go into my Vampiress mode on you," Ginny growled but stood on the box and bared her fangs at him. Colin took a photo then frowned.

"There's something in the background..." He said looking at the picture properly. Ginny turned around and looked around.

"Who's there?" Ginny asked. She hadn't heard anything and she couldn't hear anyone's mind. "Are you a ghost?" Ginny asked frowning. Laughter filled the room and Peeves appeared. "Oh, Peeves! Why can't you go annoy some first years or something?" Ginny growled at him.

"Annoying Vampires is much more fun!" Peeves said and laughed again. "Oh, Ginny, Ginny you're such a ninny! Every lesson is an adventure for the ninny! Oh, Ginny, Ginny! Ninny, ninny!" Peeves sang laughing.

"Neville and Colin. Wait outside," Ginny demanded and they left quickly, Colin adjusting his camera properly. "You're going to regret doing this, Peeves. That is your first and last warning," Ginny said in a tone that made Peeves stop for a moment.

"Ninny Ginny! Vampire Ginny is a ninny!" Peeves sang again, taunting her. Ginny smirked and her Vampiress form disappeared. "Ginny is a ninny!" Peeves called watching in glee as she got off the box and walked towards him.

Ginny muttered a spell and a bubble covered her mouth then she began to change. As she walked to Peeves dangerously, her body changing into that of a nundu. Grace, elegance, power and respect seemed to ooze from every leopard spot on her body as she continued to walk towards Peeves, who had gone pale and stopped singing in fear. Ginny leapt up and caught Peeves in her large paws. Her mouth changed back to her human one and she spoke to Peeves angrily.

"Say you're sorry..." Peeves shook his head adamantly. "Say it, Peeves or I'll make it so that you'll never be able to sing again," Ginny growled at him. Peeves blanched as much as he could.

"All right! I'm sorry!" Peeves said quickly.

"For what?" Ginny growled at him.

"I'm sorry for taunting you and making up that song about you," Peeves whimpered. Ginny smirked and changed back to her human body before letting go of Peeves.

"Good. Remember that next time you go to make fun of anyone... I'll get the Bloody Baron on you if you ever do that to me again, Peeves," Ginny said, then left the room, smirking to herself.

"That... that was... Unbelievable!" Colin said in shock staring at her. Ginny grinned and picked up the photographs he'd taken. She looked at them one by one then gave them back to him.

"I want that one enlarged and doubled. The twins would love a photo of that," Ginny said indicating to the photo where Peeves was saying sorry and whimpering. "Gods, that was fun. Nundu's are so... smooth. It's an incredible feeling, honestly," Ginny said grinning. She rolled her shoulders once then looked back in to the room. "Ok, Peeves is gone. Let's get this photo done," she said and went back inside, Colin and Neville following. "You two can come in too," Ginny called back over her shoulder. Blaise and Draco took the Invisibility Cloak off and followed them inside. "You could have just asked instead of sneaking around after us, you know," Ginny said with a raised eyebrow. Blaise shrugged.

"You probably would have said no," he said. Ginny smirked.

"And get my arse kicked by Neville? I don't think so..." She said. Neville grinned and blushed.

"How long were you two standing there?" Colin asked Blaise and Draco.

"Since you got here. Nice fighting techniques, by the way," Draco said looking at Ginny. She shrugged.

"Wasn't my best. Neville would have got me down in the first five kicks if he'd used one of the openings. You're bloody noisy when you're trying to be quiet," Ginny said glaring at Blaise and Draco, who just smirked at her in return.

"Sorry to interrupt and all, but I want this photo to be taken and developed before Christmas, Yule and the New Year is over," Colin said, not at all shy of the two Slytherins.

"All right. Still in my Vampiress form or you want an animal? I'm in a morphing mood now..." Ginny said with a smirk.

"Go wild," Colin said with a wink back. He opened the window for more room and air then watched Ginny, his camera almost glued to his eye.

Ginny laughed and changed her body immediately into a wolf. Once Colin had taken enough photos, Ginny gave her body a shake and turned in to a phoenix, brilliant and beautiful.

"Can you sing and everything?" Colin asked.

Ginny sung a sad song, making the four boys feel so emotional that Draco nearly shed a tear. Notes of loss, despair and pure sadness flowed into her song. Anguish weaved between her words and Neville started to cry silently, reminded of his parents. With a sad look at her friend, Ginny flew over the short distance to him. She shed a single large tear from each eye and they dropped onto Neville. Instead of disappearing, the two drops stayed on his skin and he looked up at Ginny in shocked surprise.

"Who are they for?" He asked. Ginny's wings covered him and an image of his parents appeared in his mind. "Thank you," Neville whispered and made the teardrops go into two magically conjured cylinders. Ginny smiled at him then sung another song.

Happiness and laughter streamed themselves into her song, soon to be joined by peace and love. The emotions twirled around the four boys, attatching to each of them. Colin laughed as laughter clung to him and Blaise smiled as happiness entwined itself with him. Peace filled Neville's mind and he thanked Ginny silently. Love flowed around Draco, almost teasing him before holding on to him. Waves of love flowed into Draco and Ginny sung that note for the longest time before letting go of it.

Draco reached out as the feeling of love left him then realised what he was doing and returned his hand to his side quickly.

The feelings ebbed away slowly, a small remainder left in three of the boys, longing left in the fourth.

Ginny changed back into her normal self and dropped to the floor, tears flowing from her eyes. She was pale, but it seemed to be a side effect of changing too much in such a short time rather than anything horrendous.

Ginevra seemed to float up into the air before them and she looked at each of them in turn.

"Leave," she demanded, the tears still flowing. Neville moved towards her and kissed her hand.

"Thank you, Ginevra," he whispered quietly.

"Be at peace, my friend..." Ginevra replied softly. Neville nodded and left.

"Ginevra... Whatever you did, thanks," Blaise said and winked at her. "Hey, Neville! Wait up!" He called and rushed out the door after him. Ginevra smiled after them then looked at Colin, who was still rapidly taking photos.

"You're sure I have to leave, Gin?" He asked looking over his camera at her. She smiled at him and nodded.

"Leave... Make sure that you laugh. It is the most infectious cure known to mortals," Ginevra said. Colin laughed and took one more photo before leaving.

Draco just stared at Ginny, the longing of love still well in his mind.

"Draconius. Leave me be. I do not wish to see that which I yearn for until I can have it," Ginevra said, her anguish and pain filling her face. Draco just continued to stare at her, not moving. "LEAVE!" Ginevra commanded and Draco was moved out of the room by an unseen hand.

The door slammed after him, locking itself. The windows blackened and Ginny dropped to the floor...

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

Ginny only got up when the bell for lunch rang. She wiped away the tears that had continued to fall and cleaned her face with magic, then straightened and dusted off her school robes. She left the room and made her way back to the Hogwarts entrance.

Slipping behind a tapestry, Ginny got her books for Defence Against the Dark Arts and Astronomy from her room then ran to Moody and Lupin's classroom. Due to her speed, she made it there with everyone else. She refused to look at Neville, Blaise and Draco as they entered the classroom. Ginny sat down at the back of the class but didn't deter Neville from sitting next to her. She just hoped they were going to do practical work so she didn't have to endure all of the questions that she knew Neville was going to ask. It seemed that luck was on her side...

"Today you will all be learning how to fight unarmed. Oh, stop paling at that Brown! You're not really going to hit each other. It's to be choreographed and if anyone is hit properly then you will receive detention," Moody said.

"The hitter or the person being hit?" Seamus asked, grinning like a wild Irishman. Moody glared at him with both of his eyes and Seamus sank in his seat slightly.

"Professor? I'm a girl. I'm not going to be fighting with anyone and I don't want to learn this," Lavender whined. Moody was about to say something but shockingly, Pansy got in before he did.

"No one gives a shit if you're a girl, child or animal. If you don't know how to fight in the real world, Brown, then you might as well just hand over your life on a fucking platter to every male that thinks you're easy prey," Pansy snarled. "You don't know how to fight, you're going to die at an early age," she snarled at Lavender who had gone pale. Then Lavender glared at Pansy.

"I wasn't talking to you, Parkinson," she sneered.

"Pansy is correct Lavender, so don't think that you're being smart. Not exactly the words I would have used, but she is still right," Lupin said.

"The exact words I would have used," Moody growled. "Like Parkinson said, if you don't know how to fight in the real world then you might as well give your life to the Death Eaters on a platter, because that's all you're going to do anyway," Moody growled. "Now, do you have any more complaints, Brown?" He snarled at her. Lavender shook her head adamantly. "All of you get over by the stage immediately," Moody said and everyone rushed to the front. "Now, Remus is going to try and hit me. I will block it. This is a basic blocking technique only. It's called a block, for those that didn't get it the first time," Moody drawled. Lupin got up on the stage and waited. "Ready," Moody said with a nod.

Lupin went to hit Moody, but he blocked the punch by using the side of his arm to hit Lupin's fist away.

"Get a partner then do that block. Slowly. I don't want to see the lot of you with black eyes," Moody growled. Everyone got into pairs, Ginny and Neville together.

"Actually in light of promoting House unity, pair with a person from your opposite House," Lupin said. Moody smirked when nearly everyone complained.

Blaise and Neville went together immediately and nearly everyone found partners. Ginny noticed the evil smirk on Pansy's face when she headed over to Lavender Brown and grinned to herself. She couldn't wait to see that fight!

"Mr. Malfoy. You can be paired with Miss Weasley," Lupin said when he saw that neither of them had a partner.

Ginny turned to face Draco, but knew she wouldn't be able to block without looking at him and so she decided to get it over and done with and looked up at him. Draco was staring at her, lust in his eyes. Ginny gave a small gasp when she saw love in his eyes too and ran from the room.

"What the hell did you do to my sister?" Ron yelled and punched Draco in the nose.

"Mr. Weasley!" Lupin said as Ron continued to hit Draco. Ginny heard Moody growl a stunning spell and then there was a thud as her brother fell to the floor.

Ginny ran faster, becoming nothing more than a gust of wind through the hallways. As she burst through the Hogwarts entrance, Ginny changed in to a bird and flew up into the sky. She landed on the Owlery roof and tried to calm her breathing down.

It wasn't good that Malfoy already felt that for her. Even if he didn't know he did, or he denied it, it still meant that the future of them being together was more than a possibility, it meant that it was already happening. She couldn't handle with that now. Hate and anger was easily dealt with, but love? That was harder to accept.

Ginny shook her head and sighed. She'd have to deal with it sooner or later... Later was preferable, but sooner was probably better, she thought and flew down to the Hogwarts entrance again.

She went back to the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom quickly and saw Moody restraining Ron while Lupin was trying to heal Draco's face. He had a black eye, a blood lip and his robes were torn. Ginny walked in to the classroom and calmed Ron down with a spell, then went over to Lupin.

"I apologise for leaving. Let me fix him. It was my fault that he got hurt," Ginny said. Lupin nodded.

"Ten points from Gryffindor. Do not leave the classroom without due reason," he said. Ginny just nodded and started to heal Draco.

"Sorry about Ron," she said quietly. Draco glared at her and Ginny almost sighed in relief that she didn't have to deal with lust and love. She finished healing him then went back to Ron and Moody. "May I speak to my brother for a minute?" Ginny asked Moody. Alastar let go of Ron and nodded when he didn't try to get up and hit Draco again.

"Why'd you have to calm me, Ginny? I want to hit him for making you leave," Ron whined quietly. Ginny glared at her brother.

"No one made me leave, Ronald. I left of my own accord. Malfoy didn't say anything to me, he didn't even touch me, all right? I left because I wanted to, is that understood?" Ginny asked him quietly. Ron nodded reluctantly.

"What's wrong with your eyes?" He asked frowning. "They're red not brown," he said and tilted her head back to see properly. Ginny grabbed his hand and pulled it away from her face. Ron's face filled with pain as his wrist twisted slightly.

"Please, do not touch me," Ginny said, then went over to where the rest of the class was standing.

"Now that everything is sorted out, get back into your pairs and do the block we showed you!" Moody said. Everyone rushed to do as he said quickly. Ginny went over to Draco but Moody stopped her. "You can go with Blaise. Neville, you're with Draco," Moody said. Neville's face fell considerably but he didn't say anything and went over to Draco.

"I'll go with Weaslette," Draco said. Moody looked at him, then Ginny who nodded.

"Fine... Neville, go back with Blaise," Moody said and shaking his head, went over to stop Lavender's screaming. Pansy had her in a headlock...

"You want to hit or block?" Ginny asked when neither of them said anything for a while.

"Block," Draco said. Ginny nodded and punched at Draco. He barely had time to block it before her fist hit his face. "Careful, Weasley," he growled. Ginny just smirked at him.

"You said you wanted to block, Malfoy," Ginny replied.

Draco glared at her then punched at her. Ginny blocked it easily then went to hit him again. He blocked her arm and they started to go into a different fight. Instead of just punching and blocking, as they were supposed to, Ginny and Draco started to kick as well. Draco slapped her foot away as she went to kick his chest, but Ginny feinted and kicked his upper thigh.

"Not so close to that part of the body, Weaselette. I do plan on having a family," Draco said with a small sneer. Ginny remembered the vision of her pregnant and nodded in agreement.

"Well, so do I, so you can't get me in the stomach," Ginny replied as she went to punch him in the chest. Draco blocked it and kicked the side of her leg.

"You realise that if you are going to marry me like you said that said family will be ours?" Draco answered.

"No shit," Ginny replied and kicked his shin.

"You're not shocked at that?" Draco asked as he went to punch her.

"Well, when people get married, they usually do have a family, Malfoy," Ginny replied and hit away his punch before punching him and stopping mere millimetres before she made contact with his nose. "I win," she said with a grin and stood properly. "Good fighting techniques," Ginny said. Malfoy nodded.

"I know," he replied with a smirk.

"You really are conceited, you know that?" Ginny asked him. Draco just smirked at her again.

"Miss Weasley and Mr. Malfoy. I would like to think that you two are not talking of personal business when you should be watching for the next technique," Lupin called out. Ginny turned to him and smiled sweetly.

"Of course not, Professor. I have no personal business that can be talked of. It is quite unbelievable that Malfoy and I would talk of anything like that, especially as I have no interest in his personal business..." Ginny said.

"Quit with the smart talk and watch the front," Moody growled. Ginny just smiled at him and watched almost mockingly as Moody and Lupin showed everyone how to block a kick.

Both Professors were unaware of the fight that Ginny and Draco had done, due to the fact that Lavender had continued to scream even after Pansy had let go of her, and Moody kept both eyes on them after he'd calmed her down.

"Now, attempt that block. But softly! Is that understood Vincent and Gregory? You too, James and Terry," Lupin said with a pointed look at the four boys who had paired with each other. They nodded and started to do the technique easily.

"I'll kick this time," Draco said. Ginny looked at him with a smirk.

The taste of blood filled her mouth and her body savoured the taste, even as her mind repulsed at it. Two small puncture wounds appeared and blood poured from them, much like wine does from a cask. Blood swirled in her mouth and she swallowed gratefully, her body rejuvenating and refreshing itself.

"By the Gods names! What was that?" She whispered to herself. "Moody!" Ginny called. Alastar walked over to her, frowning, his magical eye on her. "You saw that?" Ginny asked.

"More than saw it... Practically felt it. You better go see McGonagall. Draco, you can fight with me until Ginevra returns," Alastar said and Ginny left the room quickly.

She ran to the Transfiguration classroom and knocked on the door. When there was no answer, Ginny looked inside. There was no one there... Seeing a portrait hanging on the wall, Ginny went over to it. She coughed slightly and the woman woke up abruptly.

"Excuse me? Do you know where Professor McGonagall is please?" She asked politely. The woman in the portrait looked down at her for a moment.

"Friend or foe?" The woman asked.

"Student," Ginny replied. The woman nodded.

"Minerva has gone to the Room of Requirement with her sixth year class to show them how to change furniture into animals," the woman replied.

"Thank you," Ginny said then left to the Room of Requirement quickly.

She saw the door there, but when she opened it she was met with an empty room. Ginny muttered about stupid doors then tried to 'require' Professor McGonagall. She opened the door and was, again met with an empty room.

"Oh, come on, you stupid bloody door! Let me in!" Ginny said in a frustrated tone and the door opened.

"Miss Weasley? How did you open the door?" Professor McGonagall asked as she saw who was in the doorway. Ginny shook herself out her state of shock then went into the room cautiously, almost not believing it was real.

"I don't know how the door opened, Professor. May I please speak to you in private?" Ginny asked. McGonagall nodded curtly and made a room appear nearby. She led Ginny in there and sat her down.

"What is so urgent that you needed to interrupt me in the middle of a class, Miss Weasley?" Minerva asked.

"I just had another vision. Kind of... It was weird... I was awake, for starters. I could taste it in my mouth like I had just drunk it right then," Ginny said shaking her head.

"Miss Weasley, if you are going to explain something, I would appreciate it if you explained it in a way that I would understand what you were talking about," Miverva said.

"Sorry, Professor... I was awake, as I said. I could taste blood in my mouth. It was weird... I could taste it as if I had just bled someone right then," Ginny said. "Are you all right, Professor?" Ginny asked, seeing that McGonagall had gone slightly green.

"Fine, Miss Weasley," McGonagall replied. "So what would you like me to do about it?" She asked.

"Can't you make it stop, like you did with the dreams?" Ginny asked. Minerva shook her head apologetically.

"I am sorry, Miss Weasley. I can't stop it. The spell I used to stop the dreams affecting you is a completely different one from the one that would be needed to stop that happening. There is no spell I know of to stop it and if there was, I would think that there would be dangerous side effects, especially since it would have to block off part of your brain to stop sending those messages to your mind or mouth, depending. There is nothing I can do, I really am sorry," McGonagall said. Ginny just nodded briefly.

"That is all right, Professor. Thank you for your time and I apologise for interrupting your lesson," Ginny said and left. Colin waved at her as she left the Room of Requirement.

Ginny made her way back down to the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom and went inside. Moody surprisingly, looked grateful that she'd returned. He took her aside and looked over her with his magical eye.

"Is it fixed, Ginevra?" He asked.

"No, she can't do anything about it without damaging my brain," Ginny said.

"All right then... No point mulling over it. For the last twenty minutes of the lesson, Draco can show you what you missed out on and you two can practice over it," Moody said and Ginny went over to where Draco was standing.

"So what did I miss out on?" Ginny asked him.

"Upper cut, side kick, and back kick. But from your fighting display today, you already know it," Draco said with a smirk. Ginny shrugged.

"Doesn't mean I can't do it again. Come on, Malfoy, fists up," she said with a smirk. Draco sighed and put his fists up to protect his face. Ginny did an upper cut and connected with his stomach lightly. Draco rolled his eyes at her. "What's wrong with you?" Ginny asked as she did a side kick and hit his hip softly.

"All this pretend fighting is rubbish. If you don't hit properly then you won't bloody learn what it really feels like," he muttered.

"Well, what do you propose we do, Malfoy?" Ginny asked with a smirk.

"Fight," he replied simply and went to kick her harder.

Ginny blocked it then punched Draco in the stomach. He breathed in sharply as her fist hit harder than he expected. He kicked her leg and Ginny went to punch him in the nose but Draco blocked it.

Lost in their own world, neither Ginny nor Draco really heard Lupin telling them to stop fighting.

Ginny did an upper cut and her fist connected with Draco's jaw. He winced as pain seared through him and Draco kicked Ginny's upper chest. She made Draco fall to the floor by kicking his legs from the ground.

"Both of you outside! Now!" Lupin said and gave both Ginny and Draco a push towards the door. They walked outside and Lupin shut the door before turning to glare at them. "You are not supposed to be fighting! This class is to show you how to defend yourself, not to fight each other!" Lupin said. "What do you have to say for yourselves?" He yelled, looking at each of them in turn.

Ginny glared at him angrily.

"We were defending ourselves! We just fought properly instead of the weak and soft way we had to do it. If we were out there now and that happened, no attacker is going to just think, 'Oh, they don't know how to fight against someone who fights hard, so I'm going to be as soft as fucking possible!' No one who has any real interest in attacking someone will fight soft, they will fight as hard as they possibly can in order to get what they want," Ginny said, glaring at Lupin.

The bell rang loudly and Ginny heard Lupin sigh softly.

"Get your things and go to your next lesson," he muttered and they both went into the classroom.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

"Ginny!" Neville called as they headed to the Astronomy Tower. She waited for him to catch up. "I heard in Herbology that Rion got fired. Can you believe it?" Neville asked sounding both shocked and amazed at the same time.

"I doubt she'd get fired over what happened," Ginny replied frowning.

"Well, Professor Sprout said that it was a shame about Rion, or something to that effect," Neville said with a shrug.

"Then she might have been fired... We'll see in a few seconds I guess," Ginny said smirking.

"Do you think if she was then we'd get to play Quidditch again?" Neville asked as they entered the Astronomy classroom.

"I don't think so," Ginny replied softly seeing that Professor Rion was sitting at her desk, writing on a parchment. Rion looked up and saw Ginny and Neville standing there.

"Good afternoon. Please, sit down," Rion said.

Ginny and Neville sat down reluctantly. The rest of the class filed in and sat down, everyone seeming disappointed that Rion was there. Ginny could tell from the overwhelming thoughts that they had all wanted to play and watch another game of Quidditch.

"Before we begin the lesson, I would like to apologise for my behaviour yesterday. It was not my intention to be discriminative towards anyone," Rion said. A few people looked at Ginny, who was trying to determine whether Rion was genuine or not.

"May I please talk to you outside, Professor?" Ginny asked suddenly.

Rion looked surprised then nodded and went outside with Ginny, closing the door behind them. Ginny was quite aware that nearly all of the class was on the other side of the door, trying to hear what she said.

"What would you like to talk about, Miss Weasley?" Rion asked when she didn't say anything for a few moments.

"I would like to talk about the sincerity of your apology..." Ginny said smiling at her. Olivia held back a glare then smiled sweetly and nodded.

"Go on," she said.

"I don't believe that you meant one word of what you said back there... You looked sincere, I'll give you that, but the tone and words you used... That spoiled it all," Ginny said with a shake of her head in disappointment.

"I beg your pardon?" Rion asked in shock.

"In layment's terms, I don't accept your apology because you didn't mean it. You're only apologising so you won't be fired," Ginny said simply with a shrug.

Rion gaped at her. Her sweet smiling facade fell away and she glared at Ginny angrily.

"You will accept my apology, even if I have to make you," Olivia hissed and went to slap Ginny. Ginny blocked her hand from connecting with her face and twisted it slightly.

"Do not try to hit me!" Ginny hissed angrily. The door swung open and everyone saw Ginny blocking Olivia's hand and twisting it.

"On that note, I don't think any of us accept your apology, Rion," Pansy said with a sneer. She left, Crabbe and Goyle following. The rest of the class nodded in agreement and left too. Ginny let go of Rion and watched her for a moment before getting her bag and leaving with everyone else.

"Get back here!" Rion yelled. "You're all going to receive detention!" Rion yelled but they didn't stop.

"Who gives a shit?" A voice called out in reply.

"One hundred points from both Gryffindor and Slytherin if you don't get back here!" Rion yelled, her voice raising to an even higher note. All of the students stopped and turned angrily.

"Are you threatening us, Professor?" Ginny asked, advancing on her. Rion stood up taller and tried to be intimidating, but failed miserably when her fear was in plain sight.

"You will all attend your lesson or else I will take off one hundred points from both Gryffindor and Slytherin," she said with a small stutter in her voice.

"Go ahead then," Draco said stepping out. A few people looked at him like he was nuts. "If you take the points off, then Granger and I will just give them back," he said, shining his trademark smirk at Rion.

"You don't have a reason to give the points! You can't just randomly give points!" Rion said, slightly hysterical.

"Oh, but we do have reason to give points..." Draco replied with another smirk.

"No, you don't! There's nothing that you can give points for!" Rion yelled.

"Actually, there is," Hermione said, stepping out beside Draco. "Fifty points awarded to Gryffindor for Ginny defending herself against a teacher," Hermione said bravely.

"Fifty points to Slytherin for Pansy standing up for what and who she believes in," Draco said, actually smiling at Pansy, then turning his attention back to Rion. "We can think of a number of things to give more House points. So, by all means, take off that lousy hundred points," Draco said then left.

Pansy stuck her finger up at Rion then left too, the rest of the class following. Ginny went up to the front of the procession where Draco, Pansy and Hermione were walking.

"Thanks..." Ginny said to the three of them. The two Slytherins only smirked in response and Hermione hugged her.

"I nearly couldn't think of anything to say," she admitted with a grin.

"That's comforting..." Ginny said sarcastically.

"Hermione! I can't believe you just did that!" Ron said, staring at her in shock. Hermione rolled her eyes and shrugged.

"Well I did it, so believe it," she said with a grin.

"I better go see Dumbledore before Rion tells him what happened and completely twists everything around," Ginny said and they all stopped. The Gryffindors and Slytherins parted for Ginny to get through.

"We'll wait at the Quidditch Pitch for you," Draco said with a smirk. Yet another argument was ensued over who would win this game as they left.

Ginny shook her head at them then made her way up to Albus' office. She knocked on the door and waited for Albus to let her enter. Ginny walked inside when he had done so and sat down.

"What is the problem, Miss Weasley?" Albus asked looking over his half moon spectacles at her.

"Rion did it again..." Ginny said. Albus looked slightly shocked.

"Really? In what way this time?" He asked.

"She gave an apology that she didn't mean, then when I confronted her about it she tried to hit me," Ginny said. "The rest of the class left and she threatened to take off one hundred points from both Slytherin and Gryffindor if they didn't go back. Draco and Hermione awarded Gryffindor and Slytherin fifty points and in no certain terms told her to shove her threat where the sun doesn't shine," Ginny said with an inward smirk.

"Well, that is most interesting... Thank you for coming to me this time, Miss Weasley. Where, may I ask, is the rest of your Astronomy class?" Albus asked.

"The Quidditch Pitch, of course," Ginny said smirking at him.

"Of course... Why wouldn't they be there?" Albus muttered to himself. "Very well, Miss Weasley. You can go to the Quidditch Pitch and join the rest of your classmates. I will be down there before you finish so I can talk to you all," Albus said. Ginny nodded then made her way down to the Quidditch Pitch quickly.

"Would you all shut up? She'll be here soon enough," she heard Blaise say. The Gryffindors glared at him.

"You're not all fighting over me now, are you?" Ginny asked as she came into their view. Blaise rolled his eyes at the Gryffindors.

"They kept thinking you'd been killed or some rubbish by Dumbledore," he said. Seamus glared at Blaise.

"That's not what we said! We said that she was probably going to be a while with Dumbledore!" He said.

"All right, boys! 'She' is here, you know! Now can we start the game before Dumbledore gets here?" Ginny said. "Where are the brooms? And I see that no one has bothered to do the Quidditch balls," she said looking around. "You know, you can do things without me having to tell you," Ginny said when everyone mumbled an excuse.

"We don't need to do the balls again. Those ones you made yesterday are still the same," Pansy announced and took out a small green velvet bag from her pocket.

She tipped the bag upside down and four miniature sized balls dropped onto the ground, the two jet black Bludgers struggling to be free of the holding spell.

"All right. Thanks Pansy. Terry and James, you can help Vincent and Gregory get the brooms, I presume?" She asked. The four boys nodded and went off to the Slytherin Quidditch room.

"Crabbe and Goyle can carry the brooms on their own, you know," Blaise said coming up beside her.

"I am quite aware of that, thank you Blaise. I'm promoting House unity," Ginny said with a smirk. Blaise pulled a face at her. "You're promoting too, you know," she said with a smirk at him. Blaise looked over at Neville.

"Fine... You win," Blaise said and grinned.

"I always do," Ginny replied. "Gryffindor, please don't tell me that you haven't picked your team, yet again?" Ginny asked when she heard Seamus and Dean arguing.

"We're going with the same team as yesterday," Seamus said.

"Then why were you arguing with Dean?" Ginny asked crossing her arms.

"He started it!" Seamus protested and glared at Dean.

"I don't care who started it! Why were you fighting?" Ginny asked them glaring.

"It was over who was going to ask you to the next Hogsmeade weekend," Neville said when both boys blushed and didn't answer. Ginny raised an eyebrow at the two boys then shook her head.

"You can argue over it all you want later," Ginny said. "Besides, who said I was even going?" She asked with a smirk.

She left them standing there, still bright red and went over to Vincent, Gregory, James and Terry. They were all talking away in quiet tones, almost as if they didn't want anyone to see them conversing with each other.

"Would you mind giving out the brooms, please? I want to actually start this game and it seems like no one else is very interested in playing..." Ginny said looking at the two groups.

Seamus and Dean were arguing again, while Ron was shouting at them not to go anywhere near his sister. Hermione and Harry were trying to hold him back and calm him down, which without magic was a completely fruitless action. Neville and Blaise kept looking at each other. Pansy was trying to unshrink the balls and continued to miss.

Ginny took some brooms from Vincent then went over to Pansy.

"If you put a circle around the balls, you can just unshrink that instead of trying to aim for the balls. They're too small to hit," Ginny said. Pansy nodded. She made a circle with her wand around the balls, then unshrunk the circle. The balls became larger and she sighed in relief.

"Thanks Ginevra," she said with a grin and took a broom from her. "Everyone get a broom or you won't be playing!" Pansy yelled at the two Houses. Everyone grumbled at her, but took a broom anyway.

"You four still got the bats I made you?" Ginny asked the four Beaters. They all nodded. "Good, now let's play," Ginny said and flew into the sky, everyone following suit.

Albus walked down to the Quidditch Pitch and watched from the hidden stands as the two Houses played each other fiercely. He listened as Neville commentated, not missing one detail, he noticed.

"A Bludger almost got Ginny, but Terry hit it away thankfully! Ron caught the Quaffle thrown by Blaise and he's thrown it to Dean. Dean throws it to Seamus. Pansy calls a foul on Gregory for grabbing James' broom! Stop being a bad sport!" Neville called. "There's a flash of gold! Harry and Draco race towards the Snitch, well I'm not sure if it can qualify as a Snitch... It's a Glitch now," Neville said and a few of the spectators laughed. "All right, stop bugging me Hermione," Neville said when she told him to keep commentating. "You'd make a great McGonagall, you know," he said with a laugh then turned back to the game. " Harry and Draco are still trying to get to the Glitch. They're only a few metres away! They're neck and neck! Draco's getting further ahead! No, Harry's caught up!" Neville said. "Now Draco's ahead again! He reaches for the Glitch! Draco has caught the Glitch! Slytherin has won, 210 to 65!" Neville yelled. The Slytherins cheered loudly.

"You can come out now, Albus," Ginny said flying over to him. Albus started, having not noticed her smiled and walked out on to the Quidditch Pitch.

"Congratulations, Slytherin. A very close match," Albus said smiling at them cheerily. "I apologise for interrupting your celebration, but I need to speak with you about your Astronomy lesson," he said. "Please, sit down so I can see you better. My old body is shrinking and you all seem so tall," Albus said with a wink. Everyone sat on the Pitch before him.

"Is Rion going to be fired?" Pansy asked him. Dumbledore held a hand up to still her questions.

"I will answer questions when I have finished, Miss Parkinson," he said. Pansy just nodded curtly. "I have spoken to Professor Rion. She has admitted to being discriminative, as well as attempting to hit Miss Weasley. The choice of what happens to her is up to you, as it affects you the most. She can either be put under probation for two weeks and all of you will keep a close watch on her, or..." He added before any one could speak. "Or, Rion can be fired and you will get another teacher," Dumbledore said.

"Who will be the other teacher?" Blaise asked suspiciously.

"Until I am able to find someone more equipped to teach you properly, I will be taking over your Astronomy class," Albus said. "I will let you speak together for five minutes so you can decide what you want to do," he said and moved away from the group, conveniently humming to himself.

"I say we keep her for two weeks and make her leave," Blaise said with an evil gleam in his eye. The Slytherins and a few Gryffindors looked extremely happy with that idea.

"I think we should just let her get fired. It will be on her permanent record, because resumes require the reason why a witch or wizard was fired," Hermione said. "It would mean that she would never be able to get a job in any wizarding school," she added when a few of the Gryffindors looked blank.

"What do you want to do, Ginevra? It was because of you that we get this choice," Pansy said looking at her.

"I think that we should make her life hell for two weeks but make her get fired instead of making her quit. Witches that quit never get asked questions. Making her get fired will be on her record, as Hermione said. It's going to require a lot of planning, but I'm sure that we can do it. A few harsh words in front of teachers and she'll be gone by the next staff meeting," Ginny said. Hermione frowned.

"The next staff meeting isn't for another month," she said.

"Oh, I can take care of that... An extra spurt of power in a lesson and they'll be begging to have a meeting," Ginny said smirking. She looked at a few of the Slytherins in surprise. "I'm not sure whether I should take that comment as an insult or compliment..." She said with a raised eyebrow. The people obviously knew who they were and what they had thought because they all smirked at her.

"Compliment, of course. It's not often we think that of a person who isn't in our House," Padma replied and the others nodded, agreeing. Ginny just grinned and shook her head.

"Choose, people. My option, or one of the other two?" Ginny asked.

"Yours," held the majority of replies.

"Headmaster? We've come to a decision," Ginny called and Albus walked over.

"I hoped you would choose the right decision, but by the looks on your faces," he said, seeing the evil gleam in more than just the Slytherins eyes. "I doubt that you did," Albus added and he couldn't help but keep the smile on his face.

"We've decided to keep Rion for two weeks on probation," Ginny announced.

"I figured as much. Please do not cause her too much mental trauma... The bill we received for Professor Umbridge only last month was staggering. Luckily I was able to make the Ministry pay for it, as they did employ her, not I," Albus added with a wink.

"You shouldn't confide in us, Headmaster... We might begin to think better of you," Blaise drawled with a smirk at the old man. Albus just chuckled and left them. The bell rang loudly and the two Houses looked at each other.

"We should arrange a time so we can discuss what we're going to do to her," Ginny said. "Ten o'clock tonight, if we don't get into trouble by the Head Boy and Girl, that is," she added smirking at Draco and Hermione.

"I'll be fine with it," Hermione said.

"Fine," Draco said.

"Well, now that all of that is sorted out, I suggest we go back to our old selves before the rest of the school thinks we've been brainwashed or some such bollocks," Ginny said, laughing as she left. Neville caught up with her quickly.

"What did they think about you?" he asked, burning with curiosity.

"They just thought that I should have been in Slytherin," Ginny said grinning.

"Wow..." Neville said, impressed.

"Yeah, wow... I'll get you at seven thirty again, ok?" Ginny asked. Neville nodded. "Don't forget to finish your Herbology homework for Professor Granger," she added with a wink. Neville laughed and watched as she went through the door behind a tapestry. "All right. You could have just asked you know!" Ginny called. She lit her wand so he could see her. "Get your stuff and come back. Any longer than ten minutes and I'll just close the door, understood?" She asked. Neville nodded, said thanks and ran off to get his homework.

In less than three minutes Neville had returned with his homework and bag. Ginny grinned and helped him into the corridor. Just as she was about to shut the door, she heard her name being called out and she popped her head out of the corridor.

"What's wrong, Pansy?" Ginny asked seeing Pansy in the hallway.

"We have a meeting, remember?" She drawled, smirking.

"Just come down when you're all here. I'll leave the door open and a few of the torches lit for you. Close the door behind you," Ginny said and went back into the corridor.

She led Neville down the corridor, lighting some of the the wall torches along the way. She heard seven sets of footsteps following them and left the wardrobe door open too.

"Sit down. I'm going to get my stuff," Ginny said.

Neville nodded and set his bag on the table. Ginny went into her bedroom and grabbed her book bag then came back into the table room, just as the seven Slytherins walked in. Neville gave a yelp when he saw them then calmed when Ginny put a hand on his shoulder.

"Calm down, Neville... They won't hurt you while I'm around," Ginny said with a smirk.

"Or while Blaise is around," Pansy said, smirking back at her. "You're off limits, even to us," she said, looking at Blaise then at Neville. She didn't seem too surprised by the fact that Blaise had told them all to leave Neville alone...

"Ok, who's trying to get into my head?" Theodore asked from the back of the group. "It's not Ginevra, that much I know... Which one of you slime sucking idiots is in here? Don't make me hurt you!" Theodore warned.

Obviously the person didn't take his threat seriously, as soon a small thundercloud formed over Vincent's head and rain started pouring on to him.

"Weather elf... Impressive, but can you stop getting my floor wet?" Ginny growled at Theodore. He smirked almost sheepishly then the cloud disappeared.

"What was that?" Neville asked in shock.

"Magic," everyone replied at once.

"That was freaky... I don't care what you all say, but all of you saying that at the same time was just freaky," Neville said staring at them. "Two people, even three, talking at the same time I can handle, but eight? That's a whole other Quidditch game!" He said shaking his head.

"You saw Blaise turn into a centaur, and you didn't seem too freaked about that," Ginny said. Neville shrugged.

"I saw you turn into a unicorn. A centaur doesn't surprise me in the least... So what exactly are you all?" He asked looking at the seven Slytherins.

"Representatives of different beings," Millicent said. "I'm part werewolf," she said smiling.

"Troll blood," Gregory said.

"Part giant," Vincent said.

"Elf blood," Theodore said smiling like Millicent.

"Centaur, as you know," Blaise said with a wink.

"I already know Malfoy is Veela... So what about you?" Neville asked, looking at Pansy.

"Merpeople," she said with a shrug.

"Really? Have you ever seen a hippocampus?" Neville asked sounding excited. "Or a Plimpy?" He asked. "I found out how to get rid of those, you know," he said proudly when she muttered things under her breath about 'stupid two-legged fish'. She looked up in interest when he said the last sentence.

"Really? How?" Pansy asked.

"Streeler poison mixed with Alihotsy leaves. The poison can either stun or kill them, depending on how much of a pest they really are," Neville said.

"They're pests, but I think the merpeople have fun tying their legs together and watching them float away. I'll talk to them about it next time I see them... Thanks Neville," Pansy said. Neville nodded.

"All right, are we going to get this meeting started or can I finish my homework?" Ginny asked not looking up from the Potions essay she was writing.

"Meeting?" Neville questioned, but the Slytherins seemed to know what she was talking about and seated themselves around the table.

"Sorry, Ginevra. You realise that the Potions essay isn't due until Monday?" Pansy asked seeing what she was writing.

"Oh, I am quite aware of that. I have extra lessons on Saturday and Sunday, so I'm not going to have much time to write it before Monday," Ginny replied. She looked up and saw Neville just standing there. "Sit down Neville. I'll show you how to do water divining," she said and indicated to the seat on her right. Neville sat down beside her and Ginny moved her homework out of the way. "Blaise, would you mind filling my bowl please?" Ginny asked. Blaise gave a bow then grabbed her bowl and headed to the bathroom. "Everyone else, play nicely. I'm going to put my things away so they don't get wet," Ginny said with a smirk then grabbed her things and headed to her room. Draco followed her quietly. "What do you want, Malfoy?" Ginny asked looking at him.

"Where did you learn to fight?" Draco asked curiously.

"From different people," Ginny replied vaguely. "Why do you want to know?" She asked.

"Curious, that's all..." He said. Ginny just nodded.

"If you don't mind, I'm going to get changed... Please leave," she said.

Draco gave a nod then closed the door as he left her room. Ginny locked it silently then changed into comfortable clothes quickly. Opening her wardrobe, she took some small twigs from the Queen dress then Ginny unlocked the door and saw Draco waiting there.

"I'm going to start thinking that you care for me if you continue to wait for me, Draco," Ginny said with a smirk. Draco frowned when she used his first name, but didn't say anything about it.

"Before in that room... How did you get me to leave? I didn't move one foot willingly," he said. Ginny just looked at him for a moment.

"Stronger will power. I wanted you to leave more than you wanted to stay, so you left when I told you too," Ginny said. Draco raised an eyebrow at her.

"Then you must have wanted me to leave a lot," he murmured then went back into the table room. Blaise was sitting beside Neville talking to him in quiet tones.

"Out of my seat," Ginny growled at Blaise. He smirked at her and put his feet up on the table as he leant back in her chair.

"What are you going to do about it?" He asked cheekily.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Draco muttered to Blaise. Blaise just continued to sit there and smirk at Ginny cheekily.

"Off!" Ginny said and with a flick of her wrist, Blaise fell out of the chair. "Thank you... Very kind of you to keep my seat warm for me, Blaise," she said smirking at him. Blaise just grumbled and sat in his seat.

"How are we going to do this without the witch hazel?" Neville asked looking at the water filled bowl.

"We aren't going to do it without any. I've got some," Ginny said and produced the small twigs of witch hazel that she'd taken from her dress. "Drop them into the bowl and then see if you can interpret what it means," she said and handed the twigs to him. Neville nodded and dropped the witch hazel twigs in the bowl. They didn't even cause a small splash...

Neville looked into the bowl and watched as the ripples flowed around the twigs, the small twigs moving around in the water. He looked closer and saw that the twigs seemed to be pointing towards someone and the ripples increased.

"Pansy's cold is going to come back. The spell Lupin used wasn't strong enough," Neville said.

He didn't recognise his voice. It sounded older than his own one! Neville stopped in shock.

"What was that?" He asked looking around. The Slytherins didn't seem to know as they looked as surprised as he was. Neville looked at Ginny who didn't seem too surprised.

"You were blessed by earth nymphs as a child and you're finally getting their knowledge... Welcome to the club," Ginny said with a wink.

"Earth nymphs? Club?" Neville asked. Ginny shrugged.

"The nymphs told me today who you were. They wanted you to know... And the club... Well, why not? If I have to meet with them, you can too. You're one of us now, my little nymph," she said laughing softly. The Slytherins looked from Ginny to Draco.

"Might as well... It'll help all of our species or beings," Draco said shrugging.

"It sounds weird hearing Malfoy talking about helping people," Pansy said smirking at Ginny.

"I've heard worse, but that comes close to the top," Ginny said with a laugh.

"If we're going to be here every day at five, what are we actually going to do? We might as well organise what we're going to do... And why are there thirteen chairs? There's only nine of us," Theodore said looking at the extra chairs around the table.

"I just waved my wand... Magic did the rest," Ginny said with a shrug. She looked around for a moment with a frown then went to her front door, hearing someone knocking. She opened the door and saw Fred and George standing there grinning at her.

"Ginevra!" They said and hugged her tightly. They walked in without waiting for her to invite them and went to the table room. "Lots of Slytherins... Should we be worried?" Fred and George asked looking back at her.

"I never make bad decisions, remember?" Ginny said with a smirk. "Sit down... Next time you come, at least wait until I invite you inside. It's bad manners to just walk into someone's house, or room without being invited," Ginny said, glaring at them. They just smiled mischievously. "Why are you here, by the way?" Ginny asked.

"Dumbledore told us that you need to teach us something," George said.

"And for us to come as soon as we could," Fred added. George nodded.

"So what do we need to learn?"

"We just got out of school..." Fred said in a whiny tone. Ginny sat in her seat and looked at everyone before her.

"We're only missing two people..." She said in surprise. "What's your star sign?" Ginny asked Pansy.

"Libra. Why?" Pansy asked.

"I just thought of something. Thirteen chairs, twelve signs in the zodiac. Two for Gemini because of the twins... We're a zodiac club," Ginny said with a smirk. "Well, that's if I'm right... Anyone here have the same star sign?" She asked looking at everyone.

"I'm a Leo," Neville said.

"Sagittarius," Blaise said.

"Vincent and I are Taurus and Aries respectively," Gregory said.

"Theodore?" Ginny asked when he didn't say anything.

"Virgo..." He muttered blushing brightly at the meaning.

"Capricorn," Millicent said.

"Well, I'm a Scorpion. So you're either Cancer, Pisces or Aquarius," Ginny said looking at Draco. "Judging by your personality, I'm guessing you're an Aquarius," she said. Draco just nodded.

"So we're missing Cancer and Pisces. Anyone know people under those signs?" Pansy asked.

"Luna's Pisces. She always tells me whenever I see her," Neville said with a grin.

"I think Colin's Cancer... June 25th," Ginny said then nodded. "Well, that's the zodiac... Did Albus tell you what I was supposed to teach you?" She asked Fred and George. They stopped talking to Theodore then looked at their sister.

"He didn't say much..." Fred said.

"Only that you were taking us somewhere," George added.

"On Friday night to meet someone," Fred finished.

"Oh, you're going to meet Lord Xavier. He's my mentor, I guess you could say," Ginny said. Fred and George nodded impressed.

"So he's a full Vampire?" George asked.

"Do you think he likes Blood Pops?" Fred asked.

"Yes, he's a proper Vampire and I have no idea if he likes Blood Pops... I need to teach you the manners you need to use when addressing and meeting with a Lord and Lady. You're also going to meet Lord Xavier's wife, Agnes..." Ginny said. Fred and George grinned.

"What's she look like?" They asked.

"Typical males, aren't they?" Pansy asked, smirking at the twins.

"I wouldn't expect anything else from them," Ginny answered.

"What is this club we're hearing about?' George asked after asking Theodore another question.

"Zodiac-being club," Ginny replied with a grin.

"Interesting... Do we need to be beings as such?" Fred asked.

"Or can we just be part of the zodiac to join?" George finished.

"Well, we decided that you two are Gemini, obviously... So you're halfway in. Blaise, you want to test them? Water's taken, and so is the reflections and card and palm reading. Can you think of anything else?" Ginny asked. Blaise smirked.

"Of course... Crystallomancy," he said. "Got a ball anywhere?" Blaise asked looking around. Ginny shook her head.

"I was going to buy one next Hogsmeade weekend," she replied.

"What about the paperweight we bought you?" George asked sounding offended.

"It's made from crystal and it's almost round..." Fred said.

"Just slightly flatter and smaller. Oval, I think," George said. Fred nodded agreeing with his twin.

"Oval sounds about right," he said. They both looked at Ginny.

"So where is it?" They asked her. Ginny rolled her head at their antics and flicked her hand. The paperweight flew over to them, lightly hitting the two boys in the process. "Be nice, Ginevra... Or we won't join your club," they warned. Ginny smirked at them.

"That will be your loss then. Look into the crystal and tell us what you see," Ginny said. Fred and George stuck their tongues out at her then looked into the clear paperweight.

"Ginevra's crying... She's running through the Forbidden Forest... By the Gods! What's happening to her?" They muttered and looked at the crystal closer. "It's just like you said," they said quietly and continued to watch. "Red wave... Manticore... Lightning..." The twins stopped Looking and looked up at Ginny in shock. "She must have done something really bad... Do you know what it is yet?" They asked. Ginny shook her head. Only Blaise knew what they were talking about, and everyone else looked confused.

"No, I don't know. I'm not sure if I want to know. I'll probably end up killing her before any of that happens," Ginny said with a sigh. "I've got tomorrow afternoon off. You two can come back then and I'll teach you. Or did you want me to go there?" Ginny asked. Fred and George looked at each other for a moment.

"You can come to us. We've got a few orders to finish by tomorrow night and if we don't get them done then we might as well say goodbye to our business," they said together. Ginny nodded.

"Dumbledore isn't going to let you off the school grounds," Pansy said.

"Oh, I technically don't leave school grounds... I go under them. Anyway, my room isn't technically on school grounds, it's inside the walls and comes out at a tower, but that means nothing," Ginny said, smirking.

"True," Pansy said, looking around.

"All right. So does anyone want to say anything or can we just do nothing for the rest of today and get organised next week?" Ginny asked looking at everyone.

"We're not 'beings' so are we still allowed?" Fred and George asked after a moment of silence.

"You are beings, you just don't know it..." Ginny said with a smirk. They looked at her in shocked surprise.

"We are? Since when?" They asked, still in tune with each other, even past their shock.

"Since birth," Ginny replied. "You were blessed by pixies at birth, why else would Mum call you two the pixie twins?" She asked raising an eyebrow at them.

"We were blessed by pixies?" They said in shock still.

"Mum told me about it after you two made the swamp... She just raved on about how she should have declined the pixies wishes," Ginny said. Fred and George stood up as one and shook their heads.

"We'll see you tomorrow, Ginevra... We've got to talk to our mother," they said and left quickly.

"Any other questions?" Ginny asked smirking broadly.

"What are we going to do about Rion?" Pansy asked.

"We'll discuss that later tonight with the rest of the students," Ginny said. "All right, I've got a question," she said grinning. "How in the Gods names can so many people be so bloody quiet? I haven't heard half of you speak since you got here," Ginny said looking at the Slytherins.

"Didn't seem necessary to say anything," Theodore said with a shrug. Silence fell again and Ginny shook her head at their silent stubbornness.

"Ginevra?" A deep voice asked suddenly. Ginny looked up at Gregory questioningly. "Can... Could you turn into a unicorn again?" Gregory asked hopefully.

"All right. We'll have to go into the bigger room though," Ginny said and led them to a larger room.

"Why can't we meet in here?" Millicent asked looking around at the beautiful room.

"Didn't think of it. I'll reorganise everything on the weekend, if I've got time," Ginny said with a shrug. "Stand back, I'm not sure how much room I need when I'm a unicorn," she said. Everyone moved back and Ginny took in a deep breath.

She thought of purity, beauty, and elegance and began to change her body. An image of the unicorn's physical body filled her mind and her body began to accommodate itself to that shape. She changed revelling in the freedom she felt while doing so.

A unicorn was standing before everyone in mere seconds and Gregory moved forward. He bowed respectively and waited for Ginny to bow back.

Ginny regarded the large man in front of her and she found that she could sense the troll blood flowing through him. She bowed to him and let him come forward and pat her.

"Thank you," Gregory said with another bow when he stopped patting Ginny.

She bowed back then trotted over to Pansy and Millicent, careful not to touch them with her horn. They patted her for a while until Ginny began to feel slightly weakened and changed back. She'd done five or more changes over the course of the day and her strength was drained considerably.

"Sorry to cut your fun short," Ginny said with a grin at the two girls. "Blaise, how about you entertain everyone for a while? I'm going to go try and get my strength back," she said and walked out of the room, her body expressing its pain clearly.

"How exactly are you going to get your strength back?" Draco asked, following her. Ginny smirked at him.

"You'll see," was all she said. Ginny took her bowl from the shelf and filled it with clean water, putting the forked witch hazel twigs aside for Neville.

"You're going to See and that will give you your strength back?" Draco asked.

"It should... Depending on what I See, of course," Ginny replied and sat down. "You're welcome to join me, if you wish," she said looking at him.

"I can't. I don't know how to See," Draco said, sounding slightly embarrassed.

"You don't have to know. Take my hand and you will See what I do," Ginny replied.

Not really having any other choice, as well as his curiosity, Draco sat beside her and took Ginny's hand. Ginny stared at their clapsed hands for a moment, trying to ignore the tingling sensation that was searing through her, and then she turned her attention to the bowl.

"Anything particular you wanted to See?" She asked.

"Not really... Amuse me," he said. Ginny smirked at him.

"Yesterday you want me to humour you, today you want me to amuse you... All right, I'll do it, but whatever appears is your own fault," Ginny warned him and looked into the bowl.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny smirked at Draco and watched as he attempted to change his body shape.

"How do you manage to do this daily?" He grumbled as still nothing happened. Ginny laughed lightly and walked over to him. She sat beside him and took his hand in her own.

"I just don't dwell on it... You're thinking too much, Draco. Close your eyes," she instructed. With an elaborated sigh, Draco shut his eyes. "Imagine the animal in your head and then simply imagine you becoming the animal," she said softly. When she saw the first telltale signs of him changing, Ginny let go of his hand and watched as he continued to change into an animal.

Draco's body shrunk considerably and fur began to grow on his back. His hands and feet turned into paws and his eyes turned a pink colour. Soon a silver ferret was in Draco's place.

Ginny burst out laughing when she saw what Draco had become. The little ferret ran over to her and curled around her legs. She leant down and picked up the ferret.

"I think you're a lot cuter this way... Maybe I should make you stay this way," she mused. The ferret squealed in alarm and jumped out of her hands, running away as fast as his little legs would carry him. "I was joking, Draco! Come back before someone sees you," Ginny called. Then she heard a distinct thought in her head that could only be Draco. "You're a perverted ferret, you know that Draco? Stop trying to look up my skirt and come back here or else I won't let you change back," Ginny said. Draco came back reluctantly and looked up at Ginny. "Stop looking up my skirt!" She said angrily.

The ferret gave a smirk and with a triumphant smirk Ginny waved her wand, thinking a spell. With a small bang, Draco was in the ferret's place and still looking up Ginny's skirt.

"I could kill you for doing that, you know. The Gods know my brothers will," Ginny said, smirking down at him. Draco gave a small shrug.

"I can charm my way out of it," he said and pulled her down beside him.

"Not with Bill. He's already got a Veela, and if you got all Veelan on him then Fleur will dismember and castrate you," Ginny said, laughing. Draco raised an eyebrow with a shrug and rolled on top of her.

"Then I'll have to make sure you don't tell them," he said huskily.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stop!" Draco practically yelled. "Stop it right there! I don't want to see any more," he said desperately.

"I did say it would be your own fault. I channelled that through you. I didn't will to See that, you did," Ginny said. Draco stared at her like she was crazy then got up abruptly causing the chair to fall over. He stalked out of the room and wardrobe. Ginny listened as he opened the closest door and slammed it behind him.

"What's going on? Who was screaming?" Blaise asked coming in the room. Ginny just looked at him for a moment, and to the others behind him.

"Draco didn't like a vision he Saw," Ginny said simply.

"He can't See," Pansy said with a frown.

"Not on his own," Ginny replied. "All right... I think the meeting's over. There won't be one tomorrow due to the twins, so I'll see you in class, over the weekened and on Monday," Ginny said with a smirk.

"All right. We get the hint, Ginevra. We're leaving," Pansy said smirking. Ginny rolled her eyes then watched as they left. Neville stayed, glancing from the work he had to do then to where Blaise had just gone.

"You don't have to stay, you know. I'll get you at seven thirty," Ginny said. Neville grinned at her, grabbed his things then ran after Blaise with a quick goodbye over his shoulder. Ginny shook her head and put the bowl away, suddenly not caring about her lack of strength. It would return soon enough...

She continued to do the Potions essay then finished her other homework and decided to read some of her extracurricular books. Ginny started reading Compos Mentis, the book Binns had recommended to improve her mental blocks.

In order to block others from the inner reachings of your mind, first you must yourself know the inner reachings of your mind.

The inner mind holds information that most people, especially Muggles, are ignorant to. As children, we discover and learn things at a tremendous rate. However, as the child's mind is far more delicate and fragile than that of an experience-filled adult, the child will often 'forget' things that seem to be of no importance. These things are not forgotten, but only hidden in the inner mind.

Close your eyes and make your mind blank. Don't think of anything at all. If you do have a thought, recognise the thought and let it go. Once you have no coherent thoughts in your mind, search back through your memories. Go back to your very first memory as a child. Concentrate on that memory. Now, try to imagine yourself even younger. Try to imagine yourself as a baby, even. Think of pictures you may have of yourself and imagine the time when they were taken. It may not work on your first attempt, so do not be worried if you do not achieve the desired results.

Ginny looked at the clock and judged that she would have enough time. It was only six thirty, after all...

She thought back to her first memory as a young child...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny ran after her brothers eagerly, her pigtails flying behind her.

"Wait for me!" She called, her young voice ringing out to them. Fred and George stopped and waited, smiling at her. Ron stopped and put his arms on his hips.

"We don't want you to come with us! You're a girl," he said in the most hurtful way his five-year-old mind could make up. Ginny looked at him, her eyes filling with tears. She tried not to cry, knowing that Ron wouldn't like her even more if she did.

"Well, we want her to come..." George said, defending his baby sister immediately.

"Yeah, someone has to be the princess," Fred said.

"You could be the princess if you don't want to Ginny to come," George said, his six-year-old face turning into a cheeky smile as he looked at his younger brother. Ron shook his head.

"I don't want to be the pwincess! I want to be the dwagon!" Ginny protested quickly. "Like Chawlie is!" She added.

"Charlie's not a dragon, Ginny," Fred said hugging her. Ginny looked sad.

"He's not? But... He said... I want Chawlie to be a dwagon! I like dwagons..." She said and her bottom lip trembled as tears filled her eyes again.

"Why do you like dragons so much?" George asked frowning. Ginny didn't reply, tears falling from her cheeks.

"Don't cry, Ginny... It's all right. We want you to come play with us," Fred said. "You still want to play?" He asked. Ginny nodded and sniffed, wiping away her tears. "That's good."

"Come on, we'll let you be the dragon," George said with a boyish wink and took her hand. "Come on Princess Ron!" George called. Ron glared at his sister then followed, not wanting to be left out of their games.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny shook her head for a moment. She remembered that. She'd grazed her knee playing that day. She had bawled her eyes out too, until Fred and George 'attacked' the grass for hurting her and made her happy again...

With a smile, Ginny tried to think back further. She remembered a photo of herself at age two with Ron, sitting on their mother's lap, Molly laughing at something.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Molly adjusted her two babies on her lap, trying to make sure that they were both comfortable.

"Can you take the photo now, Arthur love?" She asked. Arthur smiled at her over the camera then nodded.

"You look beautiful, Mollywobbles," he said winking at his wife. Molly laughed and Arthur took the photo.

"I don't look beautiful, Arthur! I'm covered in baby sick and food. I really wish that Ginny would eat her food instead of throw it... I'm going to kill whoever told her to throw meatballs," Molly said shaking her head. Arthur smiled and sat beside his wife, taking their daughter from her.

"You're not really going to kill me, are you mum?" Charlie asked, sounding scared. "I was just showing Ginny how to play Quidditch..." He said quietly, his eyes tearing up.

"No, Charlie! I was just joking. I'm sorry... Come here," Molly said and Charlie walked over to her, sniffing. He climbed onto his mother's lap beside a snoring Ron and cried into her filthy blouse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny shook her head grinning. Well, it had worked at least... Weighing up the options to see if she could go back further, a look at the clock decided for her. It was quarter past seven already! Ginny got off the chair stiffly and stretched her back for a moment before putting her things away and heading out the corridor to the closest tapestry to the Gryffindor Tower.

Ginny opened the door and gave a small yelp when two people fell onto her.

"What the hell?" One of them yelled. Ginny recognised the voice and tried not to laugh.

"Sorry Dean... I didn't mean to scare you. Let me help you and your... girlfriend out," Ginny said and lit her wand. She helped the two Gryffindor's out of the corridor then closed the door, leaving them both slightly stunned and confused.

Maybe the shock would stop them from snogging behind tapestries! Ginny thought with a small laugh as she walked back down the corridor to another door. She cast a spell to make sure no one was behind the tapestry then climbed out and walked down to the Gryffindor Tower.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

"Hey Neville. I see that you've finished your Herbology homework," Ginny said with a grin. Neville nodded. "Ready to go then?" She asked.

"Yes," he replied and left with her, stuffing his things into his bag.

They made their way to the Room of Requirement quickly and went inside the door, Moody and Lupin already waiting there.

"Neville, you'll be working with Remus. Ginny, you're working with me. We're progressing into hand to hand combat," Moody said. Ginny nodded and just did her stretches. "Start your stretches Neville," Moody said when Neville just stood there. Ginny finished her stretches quickly and waited for instruction. "Dagger out and hold it like I showed you," Moody said.

Ginny reached into her boot and pulled out her dagger. She held it like he said and Moody nodded.

"Good... Now I will send you a slow spell so you have time to deflect it, understood?" Moody asked.

"Understood," Ginny replied.

"Diuturnus!" Moody said and a slow white light flew out of his wand. "When it comes close enough, flick the end of your dagger at it and it should deflect the spell," Alastar said as the light continued to fly towards Ginny at a slow pace. (Lasting a long time.)

When the light was close enough, Ginny flicked her dagger at it and the spell flew away at a fast speed. By the look on Moody's face, Ginny didn't think that was supposed to happen. The spell bounced around on the walls, Lupin and Neville barely missing it themselves before it returned to Moody's wand.

"Maybe I shouldn't try it with a faster spell," Ginny said, but Moody shook his head.

"Wizards aren't just going to use slower spells because they know that you're a Vampiress, Ginevra. In fact, they'll most likely use faster spells to try and attack you. I will use a faster spell, but I'll put up a barrier so it doesn't get those two," Moody said and a barrier appeared between them.

"Thanks," Lupin said and blocked another punch from Neville.

"Celer!" Moody said and a fast beam of light shot out from the tip of his wand. Ginny blocked it and the beam flew straight at the barrier. The barrier broke in half and the light continued to fly everywhere. (Quick or fast.)

"Maybe I should just do other things with my dagger first," Ginny suggested as the light flew over her head.

"Agreed," Moody muttered and tried to make the light go back into his wand.

"Do you want me to try?" Ginny asked after he'd tried again for the fifth time.

"I doubt you could get it, Ginevra," he said. With a shake of her head, Ginny stood up. Sensing her movement, the light sped towards her.

"Stop!" She commanded and the light stopped in mid air. Moody stared from her to the light then back again.

"How did you do that?" He asked. Lupin and Neville were staring too.

"Will power... Return," she said to the light and it flew back into Moody's wand obediently. "Can everyone stop telling me what I can and can't do? It's getting really annoying," Ginny said with a sigh.

"What do you mean 'will power'?" Moody asked frowning.

"This is the last time I want to explain this..." Ginny muttered to herself and shook her head again. "I wanted the light to stop. I wanted it to stop a lot more than the light wanted to move, so the light obeyed. Easy..." She explained with a shrug.

"The light wanted to move? It's a spell! It doesn't want anything," Moody said, still in shock. Ginny rolled her eyes.

"You know, for such an experienced Auror, I'm surprised you already didn't know this... Orbis," Ginny said and a small ball flew out of her wand. "I want to send the orb to Neville. Since I created the sphere, it has to obey that first order. However, as soon as it leaves the vicinity of me, it may find that it doesn't want to go to Neville. It may want to go to say... Lupin," Ginny said and the orb flew towards Neville, then swerved to Remus. "If I let the orb just float around for a while, it could end up somewhere else completely." (Circle or orb.)

"But if you made it do something why isn't it doing it?" Neville asked. Ginny grinned.

"At the moment, I don't care if it goes to you or to anyone else in the room, so the orb can go anywhere in the room. If the orb wants to go to the roof more than I want it to go to you, then it will go to the roof. If I put enough will power into making it go to you, then it will," Ginny said and the ball flew straight down from the roof and into Neville's hands.

"If that's so, then why doesn't every spell we do just go anywhere except the original target then?" Remus asked.

"When you do spells, you focus on the spell reaching a certain target, or acheiving a certain goal, so you're putting will power into it. Since the spell you do is made for that use, it always obeys as its purpose is to do that. If you do a spell that's a bit more relaxed and has no purpose besides enjoyment, and you don't put enough will power into making it do exactly what you want it to do, then the spell will go a bit... wonky," Ginny said.

"This just doesn't make any sense," Moody muttered in disbelief. Ginny smirked at him.

"It doesn't have to make sense. Just accept that it's the truth. I'm sure something has happened to you before to make it known that what I am saying is true," Ginny said. Moody shook his head. "So you're saying that you've never done a spell and something happened to it?" She asked.

"I did once," Remus announced. "As a teenager, I was being smart and flying the broom with magic... I tried to make it turn left, but the broom kept turning to the right. Made me stop being such a smart alec about my magic though," he said with a boyish grin.

"Anyone mind if we continue fighting?" Ginny asked as her dagger pulsed slightly as if to remind her it was still there.

"Right. We'll fight dagger to dagger instead," Moody said. Ginny nodded and Moody took a dagger out of his boot too. "Slow first, it wouldn't be good if you go to the Great Hall all cut up," he said. "Now, if someone is trying to get you in an above stabbing motion, the best thing is try and move out of their way and stab them in the side instead..." Moody instructed.

They went through various techniques to defend, protect and attack, eventually speeding up towards the end of the session. Once they finished Moody looked at Ginny, impressed.

"Very good work, Ginevra. I know that you'll be able to defend yourself if you're ever attacked. Tomorrow we'll have to do more work on your dagger and magic techniques," Moody said.

"I won't make tomorrow's session. I'm meeting Lord Xavier," Ginny said. Moody nodded.

"All right. We'll see you tomorrow then, Nevile," Moody said. Neville nodded in agreement, still trying to catch his breath from the last detailed and intricate fight sequence he had done against Lupin.

"Come on, Neville. I'll help you to the Great Hall," Ginny said with a smirk and held out her hand for him. Neville took it and Ginny led him outside. "You want a spell? You're sweating like there's no tomorrow," she said with a grin. Neville nodded and Ginny did the spell on him silently. "Come on, you look like you need a barrel of pumpkin juice," she said, laughing softly.

"Funny," Neville muttered and walked with Ginny to the Great Hall.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

"Ginevra, I suggest you keep your brother under control. He put Draco in the hospital wing for no reason at all," Pansy said, glaring at Ron. Ginny frowned.

"He did what?" Ginny seethed. "You're sure it was for no reason?" She asked.

"It was the usual taunting, nothing over the top... They've exchanged worse before. There was no reason for him to go off at Draco," Pansy said and glared at Ron again. Ginny nodded.

"Thanks... I'll go take care of my brother," Ginny muttered and walked over to where Ron was sitting. "I need to speak with you. Right now, Ron," Ginny added when he just took another bite of his chicken leg. Ron sighed, wiped his mouth on the back of his hand and followed Ginny outside reluctantly.

"What is it?" He asked. Ginny turned on him.

"What is this I hear about you putting Malfoy in the hospital wing?" She asked angrily.

"He insulted out family and I took care of it. Why do you care what I do to the Great Ferret anyway?" He asked, frowning at her. Ginny sighed.

"I care because you put another student in the hospital wing over a verbal assault! You could have just thrown a few words back and left it at that, Ronald!" Ginny said. Ron shook his head.

"I won't take it this year, Ginny. I won't just go along with his insults and make it seem like I can live with that. I can't handle him putting us down all the time. He thinks he's so great just because he's getting an inheritance..." Ron said angrily. Ginny slapped Ron hard. "What did you hit me for?"

"To snap you out of it, for the Gods sakes! You're acting like an insolent little boy! Stop being such a prat! You take all of his insults to heart as if he actually means something to you! If I find out that you've put anyone in the hospital wing, whether it be Draco or anyone else, I will make sure you live to regret it! Is that understood, Ronald?" Ginny asked angrily. Ron just stared at her in shock.

"You ungrateful little witch! I did what I did because of you!" He snarled.

"What?" Ginny asked in shock. "Tell me what the hell he said!" She demanded.

"No. You can live with the knowledge that I stood up for your honour and the reward you give me is a slap across the face," Ron snarled then pushed past her. Ginny fell to the ground with a small thump. She got up and ran after her brother, putting him up to the wall by his neck.

"Tell me," she hissed. Ron went red as air refused to go into his body. "Tell me!" Ginny demanded. Ron struggled for air and Ginny released her grip reluctantly. "Tell me, or I will force it out of you, Ronald," she threatened.

"All right! Just let go..." Ron said, his hands trying to release her grip. Ginny let go of him and he sank to the ground, clutching his throat. "By the Gods! That really hurt me," he said in a raspy voice, rubbing his throat.

"Well, stop being such a prat. Tell me what he said," Ginny said.

"All right. I said I would and I will," Ron said glaring at her. "Malfoy said that you were a Muggle loving witch who shouldn't be let out in wizarding public," he said. "Then he said that you couldn't afford to be out in public anyway," Ron said and rubbed his throat again. Ginny looked down at her brother for a moment then shook her head in amazement.

"You're a terrible liar, Ronald. You always have been," Ginny said in a pitying tone. Ron frowned and looked at her.

"What do you mean? You think I'm lying?" He asked. Ginny looked at him pointedly and Ron went red quickly under her scrutinising look.

"I know you're lying. You know you're lying. Don't think me such an emotional fool that I would believe every thing you said just because it is about me. Are you going to tell me the truth or do I have to read your mind to get it?" Ginny asked. Ron glared.

"Don't you dare go into my head, Ginny!" He snarled.

"Then tell me the truth," Ginny replied easily. Ron sighed, knowing that he had no other options left but to do exactly that.

"It wasn't anything much... He just said that I was a Weasel King and couldn't afford a crown or some rubbish. I just snapped. I didn't mean for him to be put in the hospital wing," Ron said quickly. Ginny just shook her head at him and sighed, rubbing her temples wearily.

"Fine... I don't take back what I said earlier. If I find out that you've put another student in the hospital, Slytherin or otherwise, I will personally make sure you live to regret it, Ronald," Ginny snarled then went into the Great Hall to eat.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

Ginny left the Great Hall as soon as she'd finished her dinner, not wanting anyone else to follow. She had judged correctly, as everyone was too busy stuffing their faces to notice her absence.

Ginny entered the Room of Requirement and conjured her Patronus. Immediately, her five animals appeared before her. Meriam walked over to Ginny and licked her hand softly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny watched as the full moon made its way across the sky, as silent as always. It never made a sound as it moved through the world, through time, yet it had such an affect on people that they never questioned it. Why was she any different? Simply because she could make sounds, everyone thought that gave them the right to question her.

Ginny sighed once more and looked down at the Hogwarts ground beneath her. She saw a figure dancing on the ground and as the moon touched the creature, she saw that it was a Mooncalf. Intrigued, Ginny stepped off of the roof and flew down to the ground silently as an owl. The shy creature hadn't noticed her and Ginny watched the Mooncalf dancing. Curiosity taking over, Ginny began to change her shape to that of a Mooncalf.

Her body began to become smoother and turned pale grey. Her eyes rounded out and bulged on the top of her head. Her arms changed into four long spindly legs and Ginny's hands and feet became four large flat feet.

She stood up on her hind legs, as the Mooncalf before her was and walked over to the silent creature. The Mooncalf saw her coming over and stopped in shock. The creature awkwardly bowed to her.

Hello, New Queen. Would you care for this dance to honour Lady of the Night? The Mooncalf asked in her mind, then looked up to the full moon.

I would be honoured, Ginny replied and bowed back to the Mooncalf. Almost as if she already knew what to do, Ginny began to dance with the Mooncalf.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginny looked down at the wolf and scratched Meriam behind her ears for a moment before Majolica came over and held her horn to Ginny's forehead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco looked at Ginny in shock.

"What are you doing?" He asked. Ginny turned to see him standing in the doorway. Immediately, her Patronus disappeared.

"It's none of your business what I do or don't do, Malfoy," Ginny said. Draco walked in to the room.

"Oh, but it is, Miss Weasley... You're out of bed and it's past ten thirty. That means detention," Draco said. Ginny shrugged.

"Fine. Give me detention and let me leave," Ginny said uninterested.

"What if I'm in a cheerful mood and don't want to give you detention?" Draco asked, smirking at her.

"Then don't. One way or the other, I don't really care Malfoy... Make up your mind so I can leave," Ginny drawled, glaring at him. Draco smirked and decided to play with her some more.

"What if I want you to give me something in return for not giving you detention?" Draco asked as he walked over to her.

"My dear Mr. Malfoy, are you blackmailing me?" Ginny asked him smirking. Draco continued to advance on her.

"You can call it blackmail, but I call it getting something we both want," he said looking down at her. Ginny smiled up at him.

"Now, what would that be exactly, Malfoy?" She asked sweetly. Draco lowered his lips to hers. Ginny punched Draco before he could do anything and pushed him down to the ground. "You try that again and I'll kill you myself, Malfoy," Ginny snarled then left the room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, that one looks like fun," Ginny said with a smirk. Her Patronus looked at her enquiringly and she shook her head. "Don't worry about it," she muttered. Looking at the time she cursed softly. "Time for you all to go back. I've got to meet with the others now," Ginny said and they all disappeared with a small flick of her wand.

Ginny opened the door and saw small collective groups of students coming towards the Room of Requirement to discuss their plan against Rion.

Soon enough, all of the students from the Astronomy class were inside the Room of Requirement. Ginny also saw others who weren't part of the class and asked them what they were doing there.

"Well, we've got Rion for Astronomy too. Except we're in the sixth year class. Once we heard what she did to you, we wanted to help," one girl said, the others agreeing.

"All right. None of you have told anyone else about this, have you?" Ginny asked looking at them. They shook their heads adamantly. "Good. Make sure you keep it that way," Ginny said. She noticed Luna nearby and walked over to her. "Hi Luna... What are you doing here?" She asked. Luna smiled at her dreamily.

"History takes place. I have to be there when it happens," she replied in a soft voice. Ginny frowned but didn't contradict her. "Do not worry over me, Ginevra... I am fine," Luna said and smiled again. "I will be there on Monday with Colin," she added. Ginny nodded.

"All right then," Ginny went over to the Slytherins, seeing that they too had brought some extra people. "Pansy? What's with all of the extra people?" She asked.

"We brought all of the really cunning people from our House. Besides, when we saw all the other Gryffindors we didn't want to be outnumbered. House rivalry and all that," Pansy said with a smirk. Ginny sighed softly, looking around at the two large groups of people.

"All right. Let's get this organised, shall we?" Ginny said and went up onto a stage that appeared. "Attention!" Ginny called and amazingly, they all quietened. "You're all here to make sure that we get Rion fired... We can't let her quit, we have to get her fired," Ginny said. People were already thinking of the things they could do to her, Gryffindors too. "Split into groups of five and write down ideas. As we're trying to promote House unity, please get into groups with people of the opposite House! Oh, stop your whinging!" Ginny said when a collective groan rolled through the room. "We'll go through the ideas once we're finished and see what one's are the best," Ginny said and parchment and quills appeared in front of everyone. Ginny walked off the stage and over to Pansy, Neville, Blaise and Theodore.

"We were saving a spot for you," Neville said grinning.

"Thank you very much, Neville," Ginny said grinning back at him. "So what do you want to do?" She asked looking at the other four. "I could just bare my fangs at her every time she comes near. She'd flip," Ginny said, smirking.

"We could taunt her before a teacher comes around the corner. She'd go nuts and either start cursing or try to hit people again and then the teacher would see," Neville said. Blaise looked at him in surprise.

"That sounds so evil..." He said and Neville blushed wildly. Ginny winced.

"Gods, would you two calm down a bit? Seriously, if everyone could read your thoughts then the entire school would be horny," she said and shook her head again. Blaise smirked.

"I didn't know that we could make you horny too... Oh, this is going to be fun," Blaise said with a smirk and then Ginny put her head in her hands, wishing that she couldn't hear and see what Blaise was thinking about. Pansy smacked Blaise on the head.

"Stop it, you evil little bastard," Pansy growled. Blaise smirked at her.

"I'm no more a bastard than you are, Miss Parkinson," he sneered and continued thinking.

"We could be really uncontrollable in class. Another teacher would be bound to notice that," Theodore interrupted.

"Oh, you just spoilt the entire setting! Now I've got to start all over again!" Blaise grumbled.

"I hate to do this to you Blaise, but you're bringing it on yourself..." Ginny said with a sigh. She looked at him then put her hand up. "Stop," she commanded. The thoughts stopped coming to her and Blaise stared at her in shock and amazement.

"What the hell did you do? You did that today too when I was sitting in your seat!" He said. Ginny just smirked at him.

"Can we get on with this? Everyone's given ideas except you," Pansy said poking Blaise in the shoulder.

"Fine. I say we put her on a spit and roast her," Blaise said off handedly. Pansy glowered at him.

"A real idea, Blaise," she said.

"I was serious," Blaise replied grinning. Theodore rolled his eyes and sighed softly.

"What did Pansy say?" Ginny asked him.

"Spit and roast her," Theodore replied smirking. Ginny laughed softly and hit both Pansy and Blaise with a calming spell.

"Come on. Ideas people. We can't get her fired if we don't think of anything..." Ginny said. Blaise sighed.

"Fine... I'll just start to turn into a centaur. If she doesn't like things as you said then she'd either try to take off House points or detention. Retaliate against that and she'll get into trouble again," he said with a shrug.

"Ginny! What do we do now? We can't think of anything else!" A different group called out.

"Put it in a box!" Ginny called back and a large box appeared in front of them.

They put their parchment in the slot then watched as the box floated over to different people when they had finished too.

"All right, I think we're done," Ginny said. "Pitiful as well as childish, but it'll have to do," she said with a smirk.

"Childish? I disagree, my dearest Ginevra... I am anything but childish," Blaise said in a mocking tone. Ginny rolled her eyes and put their parchment in the box.

"Everyone done?" She asked and the box floated over to the last group.

They put their parchment in it and the box floated back up to Ginny. She took the parchments out and looked at some of them.

"All right... How many of you wrote to spit and roast her?" She called out shaking her head when more than three groups put up their hands. "How in the Gods names is that going to get her fired?"

"Well, it'd burn her at least," someone called out.

"Oh, shut up Seamus!" Ginny said. Seamus just laughed. "Ok, we've got 'taunting before a teacher comes around', 'being disruptive in class', 'being loud in class so other teachers hear and complain', 'not doing any work in class'... Is that your writing Hermione?" Ginny asked looking at the parchment closer. "It is..." Nearly everyone looked at Hermione in shock and she blushed brightly. "There's also changing scores after assignments and for Harry to stop writing on the parchment..." Ginny said smirking over at Harry and Hermione. "Another is to 'make the writing on the board to change around to make up nonsense words so then Rion would get angry'. That's a good one," Ginny said impressed.

"I did that!" A girl near the back called out and a few people laughed. Ginny raised her eyebrow at the girl who quickly sat down.

"Good for you... 'Always bring in the wrong text books so we miss out on half of the lesson and say we got lost coming back. That would be suspicious if we did it too many times, so we'll have to organise when we do it," Ginny said. "Another one is to wet her from head to toe. What would that achieve besides get her wet?" Ginny muttered and shook her head. "We should make her into a thing. Oh, I like that one... Ron knows the spell to do fangs, as you all saw with Lavender," Ginny said smirking. Ron went red quickly. "'Put a Boggart in her desk drawer'. Does anyone know where to find a Boggart?" Ginny asked looking around.

"I think Lupin's going to show some of the third years a Boggart on Monday morning to wake them up a bit," one of the seventh years said at the back. Ginny nodded.

"All right, I can take care of that," she said. "I'll need a small distraction on Monday to get it. Who wants to take care of that?" Ginny asked, looking around.

"I'll do it," a voice near the front piped up. Ginny looked down at Neville.

"All right. How? You need to get both Lupin and Moody to stay behind," Ginny said. Neville nodded.

"I just got a new plant from my grandmother. I can discuss it with them," Neville said with a slight smirk.

"Have fun," Ginny said winking at him. "Ok, the last idea is to put a Niffler in her room. It's been done, but I'm sure that it can be done again," she said with a shrug. "We could just make multiple Niffler's and put them all in her room... She wouldn't know what one to get out," Ginny said. A few people laughed. "All right, let's all leave before we get caught," Ginny said.

Someone near the back opened the door and with a small shriek, slammed it shut again. Ginny frowned and went to the back, pushing past the crowds of people.

"What is it?" Ginny asked the girl. She was Gryffindor, but none of the brave qualities were coming through at that moment. "What's wrong?" Ginny asked giving the girl a small shake.

"Snape's out there... He's waiting for us," the girl said trembling.

"All right. I'll take care of it. Everyone get an Invisibility Cloak," Ginny said and Invisibility Cloaks appeared next to each person. "They will only last until you get to your Common Room, so don't think that you can reuse them," Ginny said and a lot of people groaned in disappointment. "Let me go out, then when I've distracted him, all of you get out, understood?" Ginny asked and the people that she could see nodded. "Everyone got their Cloaks on?" Ginny asked and everyone replied 'yes'. Ginny took a deep breath then opened the door to reveal Professor Snape standing there, smirking evilly. "Hello, Professor," Ginny said and moved away from the door. Snape turned to her, glaring and smirking at the same time.

"Miss Weasley... Nice to know that you can abide by the school rules... This is the second time you've been caught out of bed after hours. This means a detention. A third time will ensure a letter to your parents and a possible suspension," Snape drawled. Ginny nodded.

"Yes, Professor. I understand. It's not your night to patrol, is it?" Ginny asked.

"That is none of your business, Miss Weasley... Now, where are all of the others? I saw more than just yourself in that room, Miss Weasley," Snape said and turned around to see a blank wall.

"I apologise, sir. I wanted to have someone to talk to and the Room just gave me a lot more people than necessary," Ginny said with a small smile. Snape turned to her and glared again.

"You expect me to believe that, Miss Weasley?" He asked.

"You can believe what you like. I wanted to talk to someone about Draco Malfoy. It is kind of my fault that he is in the hospital wing, you see... Ron just doesn't seem to think before he acts. I've told him before to ignore everything, but he just doesn't listen to me. Never has really..." Ginny said with a shake of her head.

"What do you mean it is your fault, Miss Weasley?" Snape asked faltering for a moment. "The witnesses said that Mr. Malfoy provoked Mr. Weasley," he said with a slight frown.

"Oh, I am aware of that. It's just that I heard Ron's thoughts in the holidays about him not taking any of Draco's bullshit and it didn't really register with me until after I heard that Draco was in the hospital wing and I had a little talk with Ron. Any little thing that Draco says this year, Ron's not going to let it be and he's going to try and get revenge or in a fist fight. He's going to get himself expelled because of this and there's nothing I can do about it," Ginny said. Snape looked down at her.

"That still does not explain how it is your fault, Miss Weasley," he said eventually. Ginny gave a small sigh.

"I heard his thoughts and I didn't stop him from doing it. That means I was partly responsible for Draco being put in the hospital wing," Ginny said. Snape nodded.

"Well, what would you like me to do about it, Miss Weasley? You weren't there, and you said yourself that you didn't actually understand what your brother meant until after it happened. I can't give you detention, or take off House points, and I doubt that you would want that to happen anyway. You have done nothing wrong, so you can let go of your guilt," Snape said. Ginny nodded.

"Do you think I could go see him?" She asked suddenly. "My brother would try to rip my throat out if he finds out I've gone to see him and since he's in bed, then he can't possibly find out if I go now," Ginny said in a rushed tone.

"I doubt Mr. Weasley would really try to rip out your throat, Miss Weasley." Ginny raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yet he really tried to curse me just because I'm a Vampiress," she drawled. Snape gave a curt nod.

"Very well. I will take you there. You can find your own way out, I trust. Ten minutes only and do not speak to anyone of this or Madam Pomfrey will have my head on a platter," Snape said with a slight grin.

"Why, Professor... I do believe that you just smiled," Ginny said, smirking at him. Snape scowled.

"Do you want to go there or not, Miss Weasley?" He growled.

Ginny hid a smile and indicated for him to lead the way. Snape stalked down the hallways, somehow managing to be silent, Ginny following him.

"Ten minutes only, Miss Weasley. You have detention on Monday night for being out of bed after hours," Snape said, aware that she was meeting with Xavier the next day.

"Thank you, Professor Snape," Ginny said quietly and went into the hospital wing silently.

She waited until she could hear Snape's almost silent feet leave before going over to the bed where Draco's hair was shining in the moonlight. Ginny removed her school robe and looked down at Draco. The bruise that her brother caused must have been large, as there were still hints of it around Draco's eye. She touched his face lightly and he stirred beneath her touch.

Draco woke up and stared at her. Ginny was almost glowing in the moolight and she looked so angelic that Draco thought he was dreaming again. She smiled at him and just hoped that he wouldn't see her school robe on the nearby chair. As his eyes never left her face, Ginny felt that it was safe to leave it there. She smiled for the next ten minutes, Draco eventually falling asleep. Almost as if she was in a dream, Ginny placed a light kiss on his cheek then grabbed her robe and left silently, even to her own ears.

She quietly made her way to a nearby tapestry and walked to her room, yawning widely. She was exhausted! Not to mention the fact that her mouth hurt from smiling so much...

Deciding that she'd Seen enough for one day, Ginny barely managed to change into her pyjamas. She crawled into bed and fell asleep quickly, her fingers clutching the dragon pendant beside her family crest around her neck.

8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8----8

(a/n: Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it!)


-->