Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 1 by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 1

spacegal

A/N: Please read! Mia is Sirius's daughter in this story, she is NOT Hermione, both of them are their own characters, Mia is a character that I made up. The other one will be in later. I wanted to tell you, that I will be splitting this up into books so this story for book 1 is actually short and so on. It looks like that book 4 will be when its gets more chapters.

Please bear in mind that the rating WILL go up, there will be some graphic violence and sexual themes. And the attitude of Harry, Draco, Mia and Hermione will shock you so you might deem them as OOC. I'm just warning you ahead of time so you have time to leave the story.

Thanks for all the reviews!

Chapter 2: 9 Years Later

"MIA, HARRY, GET OUT OF BED!" a male voice shouted. A ten-year-old girl bolted up in her bed, black curly hair sticking up slightly as she yawned and rubbed her eyes before climbing out, clad in her baby pink PJ trousers and top. She made her way out of her bedroom and walked through the hallway before walking into another room.

A black haired kid was sleeping under the covers; his hair was sticking up from all the rolling he had done through the night before. She moved closer.

"Time to get up," she told the boy, only to get a mumble in return, causing her to roll her eyes. She reached under the covers and yanked the pillow out from under Harry's head and whacked him over the head with it. "I'll keep hitting you till you get up," she told him.

"I'm up," he mumbled as he sat up. She threw the pillow down before climbing into bed with him.

"Why does he have to get us up at six?" she whined and Harry snorted.

"Probably due to the fact we have training," Harry told her. They both looked at each other before rolling their eyes and climbed out of bed. Mia headed back to her own room and they both came out a couple of minutes later dressed in joggers, trainers and strapped top for Mia, a vest for Harry.

"Have fun kiddies," Sirius called out as they both headed out through the kitchen door. They waved back before shutting the door behind them and set off on their morning jog.

"Where do you wanna go?" Harry asked and Mia looked around.

"Let's jog in the park," she told him and he nodded as they both stretched their legs and backs before starting off.

A blue car pulled up outside Sirius' safety house and two figures stepped out and moved over to the front door. The taller figure opened the door and let the smaller figure step into the house as the former stepped in behind latter and shut the door behind them.

A short blonde male stepped into the house; his grey eyes looked around the hallway while a tall female stepped inside. She had long black hair and deep blue eyes. She ushered the young man toward the kitchen.

They stepped into the kitchen where they saw Sirius standing at the oven, cooking while juggling the jugs of juice. The young man covered his mouth to stifle his laughter while the female crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"Need any help Uncle Sirius?" the young man asked as he snapped his fingers and the jugs disappeared from Sirius' arms and arranged themselves on the table. Sirius just glared at the young man in mock annoyance. Draco, Mia and Harry had been doing wandless magic since they were babies, and they forever delighted in teasing everyone by doing so.

"Morning Draco," Sirius greeted and the blonde saluted him. "Hey Narcissa," Sirius greeted his sister; and she nodded as she moved closer to help him set the table with the plates.

"Kids still out on their run?" she asked and Sirius nodded.

"Yeah," he told her as he watched Draco start to pile up on the food, looking at him in amusement.

"You better leave some for Mia and Harry otherwise you'll be in trouble," he teased; as Draco rolled his eyes.

"She's not gonna do anything to me," Draco stated and Narcissa arched her eyebrow.

"That's funny, I seem to remember the time she hexed your hair so it would change colours, showing your mood and made sure it lasted for a week," Narcissa informed him and got a glower in return while Sirius laughed.

"Oh man, that was great!" Sirius stated and Narcissa smothered a smile as she looked at her brother. "Especially when it stayed black throughout the whole thing, showing that he was mad."

"It wasn't that funny," Draco shot at him and Sirius laughed.

"Yes it was; it just proves that she's Callie's daughter through and through. Callie did the exact same thing to James when he pissed her off," Sirius explained and Draco struggled to fight down the smile threatening to show on his face.

"I remember that," Narcissa told him. "Lily thought the whole thing was hilarious and McGonagall was so annoyed because it lasted for two weeks and kept interrupting her lessons."

"Really?" Draco asked and Sirius nodded as he laughed.

"Oh yeah, kept going blue to green to red then it would turn bright yellow, it was even more annoying at night because she charmed it to shine brightly in the night," Sirius explained. "Have you ever tried getting to sleep when you have flashing colours blaring brightly in your face?" he asked and Draco shook his head. "We got fed up so we shut the curtains but James couldn't sleep because it was his hair."

"Oh man, that sounds funny," Draco stated with a snicker and Sirius nodded.

"Just be happy that she didn't charm your hair into a night light," Sirius warned him and Draco nodded.

"Good thing she hadn't worked out the other thing that Callie did to James," Narcissa stated to Sirius and he burst out laughing as the memory hit him hard.

"Oh Man! That was a total classic, I don't think I've ever heard James in such a bad mood," Sirius informed her and Narcissa laughed as well.

"What?" Draco asked, curious and they turned to look at him before looking at each other.

"Tell you when you're older buddy," Sirius promised and he turned back to Narcissa. "Lets go into the training room and sort out what training the kids are going to do," he told her and she nodded.

"Have fun eating sweetie and don't eat too much," Narcissa warned and he nodded as he watched his mother and uncle head into the training room before shaking his head.

"What the hell did Aunt Callie do to Uncle James?" he asked himself when he heard the backdoor open.

Mia and Harry came to a stop outside the backdoor -both of them were breathing heavily and sweat tracks were showing clearly on their tops.

"Damn, that was a good run," Mia stated and Harry nodded as he moved over to the door and opened it. He let Mia step through first before stepping in him self and shutting the door behind them as they made their way into the kitchen.

"Hey," a male voice greeted, they looked up to see Draco sitting at the table, tucking into his food.

"Morning Draco," Mia greeted and he grinned.

"How come you're here early? You're usually arrive at the same time we come back," Harry pointed out and Draco smirked.

"Because I went for my run earlier, couldn't sleep," he explained and Harry nodded as he and Mia stood up straight and started stretching their muscles out before they settled themselves at the table and took a drink of orange juice.

"We got training?" Mia asked and Draco nodded.

"Mom and Uncle Sirius are in the training room, they're trying to figure out what we should do today," he explained and Harry nodded.

"What do you think we'll do?" Mia asked as she filled her plate.

"Hopefully weapons or defence," Draco stated as he went to pinch a sausage off her plate only for his fingers to be stopped when Mia slammed her fork into the table, inches away from his hand.

"Don't even think about it," she growled at him, causing Draco to throw up his hands and move away from her while Harry smirked.

"You never learn," Harry teased as Draco looked at him. "You can't touch her food without risking death," he reminded and Draco rolled his eyes.

"I'm her cousin, we're supposed to share our food," Draco whined and Harry snorted as he picked up his glass of pumpkin juice while Mia scoffed.

"As if, get your own," she shot at him.

"Oh come on," Draco pouted and Mia shot him a glare.

"And that doesn't work on me," she taunted back before tucking into her food, rubbing it in Draco's face while he glared at her before turning back to face Harry, who was looking at them amused.

"You do realise you're suppose to be on my side?" he asked and Harry laughed as he threw up his hands.

"Forget it," Harry told them. "I got in between you guys once and I've got the scars to prove it and I have no desire to go through that again," he informed them.

"We didn't mean to hit you!" they both exclaimed and Harry shook his head again.

"I don't care, I'm not going through that again, you changed my hair colour, which took me five days to fix," Harry shot at Draco. "And you changed my skin tone, giving me yellow skin with purple spots!" he exclaimed to Mia.

"But you looked so cute!" Mia exclaimed and Harry glared at her while Draco choked on his food while laughing.

"He looked like a barney!" Draco spluttered out in between laughers as they finished their breakfast.

"It wasn't funny!" Harry exclaimed and they both look at him before laughing once more, causing Harry to roll his eyes as he stood up and took their plates and placed them in the dishwasher. He turned around to face them once more.

"Beside, you two can't talk," he stated with a smirk and they both shut up so fast, Harry could have sworn that someone pressed the mute button.

"Oh, that was a low blow," Mia muttered to him, darkly and Harry grinned.

"Whatever you say, Miss Roo," he teased and Mia growled at him. Draco had cast a spell that made Mia jump constantly and it lasted for four hours, it didn't matter if she was sitting or not, she was still bouncing, much to the amusement of Harry and Sirius.

He turned to face Draco, who was laughing. "And for you, Mr Rainbow," Harry stated and Draco glowered at him.

"Another low blow Potter," Draco growled at him. Mia had thrown a curse at him that caused him to change colours. Every part of his body-changed colours, his eyes, his body; his hair, even his nails!

"Hey, you guys teased me first, expect payback," Harry reminded as he moved back over to the table when Narcissa stepped into the kitchen.

"Okay kids, are you ready?" Narcissa asked and Harry looked up.

"Yep," he told her. "What's on the agenda today Aunt Cissy?" he asked.

"Weapon training," she informed them and Draco pumped a fist.

"Oh yes!" he exclaimed and she shook her head as she looked at her son in amusement.

"I will never understand why you three like weapons more than magic," she informed them and Mia grinned up at her Aunt.

"Maybe it's due to the fact we can kick the DE butts with them as they don't like anything muggle," Mia told her.

"And the guns are brilliants to use," Harry chimed in.

"I like the sword better," Draco told them and Mia grinned as she titled her head back.

"Mine is the twist twin blades," she told them and Harry grinned.

"You just like that because it's like a boomerang and it can slide through people's body parts," Harry stated and she shot him a glare before sticking out her tongue, causing Narcissa to laugh.

"Okay, come on you three," she told them and they hurried after her as she left the room.

They arrived into the room to see Sirius sorting through the weapons, so Harry looked around. They were on the ground floor and at each corner were four pillars with footholds, enabling people to climb up them. At the back of one wall there were moving targets that moved back and forth. Nearer to the front, there were dummies that stood on the stand. They were there for the children to practice defence and weapon on.

The top floor had banister around the edge and there were some ropes handing from the ceiling, allowing people to leap across the banister and grab on to them. There was also a top floor so that when they were using weapons that fly through the air, they were out of harms way and had an easier spot to pick the targets off from.

Sirius stood off to one side where there was a large cabinet that was open, showing the weapons and two large trunks at the bottom. The cabinet had battle axes, swords, knifes, twist blades - they were like the blades of a battle axe, but missing the long handle, enabling it to fly across the room like a Frisbee The boxes that stored guns of all types: sniper guns, pistols, rifles, automatic guns and even tasers. There was a mixture of crossbows, including one where you held it vertical, allowing the bolt to fly through the air. The other crossbow was a typical style that could be held horizontal and they just had to squeeze the trigger to fire the bolt. There were other weapons but Harry couldn't see them all as Sirius moved back in front of the boxes, blocking his view.

There were mats on the floor for when they were practicing defence. Sirius had charmed them to be firm but soft enough that they didn't enable any serious injuries; explaining to the kids that there wouldn't be any mats in the real world and they had to learn what it was like to hit the ground hard when knocked out.

"Are we working solo?" Mia asked as she moved closer and Sirius nodded.

"Yeah, you guys need to improve on your techniques more," Sirius explained as he threw the crossbow, she caught it and looked at it. It was a metallic blue colour with the string being silver. "Get up on the banister and shoot these targets," Sirius ordered.

Mia nodded as she slung the crossbow over her shoulder before grabbing the bag filled with bolts/arrows and shouldered that too before moving over to the pillar where the footholds were placed.

Mia smirked as she climbed her way up the pillar before swinging herself up onto the banister. She turned around and faced the moving targets, grabbing her bow and lining up the bolt. She smirked again as she got the targets in view before letting loose.

The bolt flew through the air before it slammed its way through the dummy's torso, where the heart was, splinters scattering through the air.

"Oi!" Draco called out and Mia looked over the edge only to see Draco glaring at her while splinters covered his hair.

"You should have moved," she called back down and Draco muttered as he turned back to face Harry.

"You should have moved," he mocked and Harry grinned.

"Hey, you know how good she is when it comes to the crossbow. I can't wait to see what she will be like when it comes to real people," Harry reminded and Draco nodded as he rubbed his hands.

"Hope the Death Eaters get a move on," Draco told him. "As much I like using the practice targets, I want some real action," Draco informed and Harry nodded.

"Same here. I know Mia is more than ready but remember - they are still in hiding, and only come when something major starts up," Harry reminded and Draco nodded.

"I know," Draco stated before looking around. "What am I working on?" Draco asked his mother.

"Guns," Narcissa told him as she handed him two 9 millimetre Glocks, Draco silently admired the way the light bounced off the gun, and enjoyed the stealth advantage the silencers gave him when he fired it.

"Nice," he said. He threw one into the before catching it, twirling it on his finger, and then pulling the trigger after taking careful aim at the dummy. The bullet landed right between the eyes of the dummy.

Harry nodded in approval as he moved closer to Draco.

"Nice," he replied and Draco shot him a smirk as Harry turned to face Sirius. "What am I on?" Harry asked and Sirius threw him a sword. Harry took it and swung it around, testing its weight.

He spun around quickly and slice the sword through the dummy, splitting it into two parts and Mia smirked.

"Gee Harry, slow aren't you?" Mia teased and Harry flipped her off. "Tsk, Tsk Harry, now that's no way to treat a woman," she teased back and Draco laughed as he clapped Harry on the back.

"And aren't I glad that I don't live with her," Draco informed him, causing Sirius and Narcissa to laugh.

"Okay, blindfolds on," Narcissa called out as threw two blindfolds toward the boys before throwing another up at Mia, who caught it. All three of them slipped their blindfolds on and stood still, letting their other senses take over for the loss of sight.

"You guys know what to do," Sirius told them as he steered Draco off to one side while Narcissa steered Harry off to another.

"Stay where you are Mia, you're in the correct position," Narcissa shouted up to Mia, who gave thumbs up.

"Search out with your other sense, let your instincts take over and let it guide you," Sirius coached as he watched them tense up before they all let out a deep sigh as their body relaxed.

"They're ready," Narcissa whispered. Sirius nodded as he reached over and slammed his hand down on a lever.

Mia lifted her bow and started pulling bolt after bolt, letting them fly through the air. She heard popping sounds before spinning around, kicking at something. Her feet hit something hard and she could feel it popping under her foot before she lined another bolt up and let it fly through the air, causing another pop. She stopped and took a deep breath as she brought down the bow but kept her blindfold on.

Draco lifted his guns and concentrated before his head snapped up and one gun aimed to one side while the other pointed to the opposite side. He squeezed the triggers and popping sounds sounded through the room. Draco brought the guns round to his front and squeezed the triggers again and there was another popping sound. He brought the guns down and took a deep breath, not once moving to remove the blindfold.

Harry swished the sword through the air as he concentrated on his hearing, when he felt a whooshing. Air rushed over his face and he spun around, bringing the sword down. This caused a pop and he spun around once more, twisting the blade down hard, there was a loud smacking and another pop sounded throughout the room.

Harry felt the hair rising up on the back of his neck; and he spun around once more, thrusting the blade hard. He could feel the air blowing against his face and he let out a breath before stepping back and standing up straight.

"Okay, you can take your blindfolds off," Sirius stated. They pulled their blindfolds off and noticed the deflated dummies that surrounded them and the popping noises made sense; they had popped whenever something hit them.

"Good work kids," Narcissa told them. "You guys got them all."

"Alright," Mia exclaimed as she pumped fist. Sirius smirked as she put the bow over her shoulder and climbed onto the ledge, where she shimmied her way down the pillar and landed with a soft thump, bending her knees before straightening up and walked over to them.

"What now," Mia asked and it was Narcissa's turn to smirk.

"One on one," Narcissa called out and Draco grabbed his double ended sword, the base of which was sliver and black mixing in together with red was in between, giving off the impression that it was blood. Harry raised the one he had that was also a doubled ended sword but the base was narrower, and it was red and gold. It was the same sword his father had used when he was young. They met each other in the middle, both bowing before snapping their heads and swords up at the same time, causing the swords to clang together.

Harry used his strength and pushed Draco's sword to the side, causing Draco to spin around and thrust near Harry's chest. Harry knocked it away with his blade and swung the sword toward Draco's neck, who ducked down and rolled across the floor before standing back up and brought the sword down on Harry's back. Harry spun around and blocked, pushing Draco back with a thrust of the blade while Draco thrust yet again before they both stopped.

"Draw," Sirius called out when he saw that Harry had his sword lined up at Draco's chest and Draco had his sword lined up near Harry's head.

"Mia, your turn with Draco!" Narcissa called out. Mia smirked as she grabbed the sword from her father; which was a smaller blade that suited her weight. She looked at it and saw it was a one sided blade, the other edge was more jagged. Harry and Draco had teased her that it suited to her personality - she could be sweet and smooth when she wanted to be, but if you pissed her off, you better look out for a bumpy road. Mia could make your life hell. The base of the sword was silver with a sapphire crystal adoring the middle, and she grasped it and took Harry's place as he moved over to the bench, wiping his sweat off with a towel before taking a sip of water. He watched as Mia swung the sword in the air before taking her stance.

Draco and Mia bowed down before Mia spun around and sliced her sword toward Draco's side, causing Draco to swing his weapon down and block it. He then knocked it out of the way as he lifted his sword and swung it toward her direction, causing Mia to jump backward as their swords clanged together. She pushed at his sword and swished the blade through the air, slicing across his chest. Draco ducked and rolled once more before standing and thrusted his sword out; only for Mia to swing her sword from her side and they both froze as Sirius shook his head in amusement.

"Draw!" Narcissa called out when she saw that Draco's sword was lined up at Mia's heart while Mia's sword was lined at Draco's side.

"Harry, Mia!" Sirius called out. Harry got up and grabbed his sword and took Draco's place while Draco took Harry's place on the bench.

Harry twisted his sword through their air while Mia smirked as threw her own, letting it twist before it fell where she caught it by the handle.

"Show off," Harry told her and she winked.

"I'm a girl, Harry, learn," she teased him and he laughed as they both bowed before their swords met each other in the air. Mia took a step back as Harry took a step forward, their swords still hitting each other in the air as they fought the other.

Harry ducked down, swinging his sword toward Mia's legs, causing her to jump and somersault over his back. Harry spun around and caught her sword just before it came down on his head and pushed her back before swinging his blade horizontal. This forced Mia into bending backward so the blow missed her before she stood up straight and swung her sword upward. Harry brought his sword round again and they both stopped.

They smirked at each other as sweat dripped from their bodies and Narcissa covered her mouth to stifle her laughter. The kids had been doing this since they were young - all three of them were so well matched when it came to battling that none of them could actually get a hit in. And that was not to mention their bantering - they always found someway to tease each other. She turned to look at her cousin with a swell of pride. She knew the kids were skilled but it didn't stop her from being even more proud of them when she saw them in action. Draco clapped his hands and Sirius shook his head, muttering under his breath - he knew that he had asked for it when he told them that they needed more work, and he knew that they had perfected their sword skills but still worried. He couldn't help muttering under his breath in annoyance of his children's bantering while at the same time comparing his children with the Marauders. Mia was so much like Callie when she bantered with James, Draco was so much like Lupin, who preferred to stay on the sidelines but liked teasing Callie whenever he got the chance, and Harry was so much like James. Sirius shook his head as he looked at his sister and smiled at the amused look on her face before turning back to the children.

"Draw!" Sirius called out as he watched as Harry and Mia hold their swords to the other's throat and shook his head. "I don't think we should get you to duel weapons any more. Nobody wins," Sirius pointed out.

"Give them the dummies to practice on," Narcissa suggested and Sirius nodded as he pondered while Narcissa turned to the kids. "Good work," she told them and they nodded as they placed their swords in the cabinet before grabbing other weapons and they practiced for a few more hours till Sirius called it to a halt when he saw the time.

"We better get washed," Harry informed them and they nodded as they hurried up to their bedrooms while Sirius and Narcissa walked into the kitchen.

"They're getting better," she told Sirius as they prepared the lunch and Sirius nodded. "Yep, I just hate this," he told her and Narcissa nodded as she placed her hand on Sirius' shoulder.

"I know you do but we promised Callie, Lily and James that we would train the kids if it ever came to it," Narcissa whispered and Sirius nodded before hanging his head.

"I just wish…" he trailed off and Narcissa squeezed his shoulder, understanding what he was talking about.

Narcissa wasn't blind; she knew how much her brother missed his wife. She was the fire, the spark in Sirius' life. The kids helped to keep the fire going but Narcissa could see it wasn't burning as brightly as it used to do when he was with Callie.

"She fought them Sirius, she gave up her life for them to help bring down Voldemort. She is still around," Narcissa reminded and Sirius nodded.

"I know, there are times I swear I could feel her in the room but it isn't the same," he explained and she nodded.

"It's going to be okay," she whispered as she hugged her brother tight. She remembered when she saw Sirius. It was after he had gone into hiding with Mia and Harry.

"Sirius?" Narcissa asked as she stepped into the kitchen. She saw Sirius sitting at the table, staring blankly at a photo in his hand. She moved closer to him and sat down beside him.

"I miss her," Sirius murmured, Narcissa took the photo away from his hands and brought it round to face her and felt her heart tighten. Callie Black was smiling up at the photo, winking every now and then with a flirting smile. Her blonde hair shone in the light while her blue eyes were lit up with love as she stared at Sirius, who was also in the picture. Sirius was laughing at something Callie had said. His black hair gleamed in the light while his blue eyes shone brightly with love.

Narcissa put the photo down and turned back to her brother. She missed Callie too. Callie had been like a sister to her, who supported Narcissa when she told her family that she was going to marry Lucius Malfoy and supported her when Narcissa's marriage started falling at the seams. Narcissa was about to leave Lucius when she found out that she was pregnant and decided to try her marriage once more, for the sake her son.

Callie had made it clear that she wasn't happy but she had supported Narcissa. Both of them were happy when they found out that they were pregnant together and life got better when Lily revealed that she was also expecting.

All three women joked how their kids would be like brothers and sisters that lived in separated houses.

"I know you do," Narcissa whispered as she reached out and touched Sirius' shoulder. "I miss her too," she admitted. "The way how she could light up a room with just a smile," and Sirius laughed.

"I loved how she played pranks on everyone and pulled it off because no one would dare suspect her," Sirius told her and Narcissa let out a half sob, half laugh.

"All the teachers loved her," Narcissa whispered and Sirius nodded.

"I just wish that she lived, that Mia has a mother and Harry had his parents," Sirius admitted. "Not have to learn about them second hand and from photos," he explained and Narcissa agreed.

"I know, but they are strong kids, they have strong parents. They'll make it," Narcissa told him and he nodded.

"I know," he whispered. "God Harry looks so much like James but he has Lily's heart of gold," Sirius told her and she laughed.

"Mia?" she asked and he laughed.

"She acts too much like Callie, she has Callie's eyes," Sirius admitted and Narcissa sighed.

"Can I see them?" she asked and Sirius nodded as he led the way into the playroom. Narcissa stopped in the doorway when she saw Harry and Mia. Harry was dressed in dark blue baby robes while Mia was dressed in dark red baby robes. Both of them had their hands up toward the air and Narcissa felt her breath catch in her throat.

Colourful balls of lights floated in the air. "Oh, my…" she trailed off and Sirius nodded.

"Cissy, they are only a year old and they are already doing wandless magic," Sirius explained and Narcissa shook her head.

"Sirius," she started and he looked at her. "Draco has been doing the same thing," she admitted and Sirius' eyes went wide.

"What?" he asked and she nodded.

"I walked into his room last night because he was giggling, colourful lights were floating around the room, the exact same as theirs'," Narcissa told him as she pointed to the kids, pride and fear filling her veins. She was proud of them for establishing this feat but she felt fear for the unknown. What was going to happen to them when they got older?

"Bring him for training," Sirius told her and she looked at him.

"What?" she asked.

"I'm training the kids as they get older. We know that Voldemort isn't going to stay dead," Sirius told her and she nodded as she thought about it.

"I'll ask him when he gets older, I know that Lucius wants to try and see if he can get Draco to accept being a death eater. I want Draco to have a choice," she told him and Sirius nodded.

"Fair enough," Sirius told her.

Narcissa snapped out of her memories and turned back to cooking the lunch when the kids stepped back into the kitchen. They made their way over to the table as they bickered about something, sitting down.

"What are you kids arguing about this time?" Sirius asked as he placed the plates of spaghetti on the table in front of the kids.

"Just arguing what film is the best," Mia explained as she picked up her fork and dug into her lunch.

"I'm still siding with Blade," Draco stated.

"No way!" Harry argued. "The Punisher with Tom Jane is the best!" Mia snorted.

"Final Destination 3!" she shot at them and Harry smirked.

"You only like it because you fancy the pants off Ryan Merriman and you wanted Wendy and Kevin to get together," Harry informed her and she arched her eyebrows. Sirius shook his head, he knew that they shouldn't be watching these movies but they had a habit of sneaking out of bed and nicking the Dvds without him knowing, though he didn't know why he was so surprised because he used to do the same thing. He was glad they lived in the muggle world rather than the magical world because it meant more fun for the kids.

"What's this about you fancying a boy name Ryan?" Sirius asked and Mia rolled her eyes.

"I think he's cute, beside, I'm not the one who drools all over Mary Elizabeth Winstead whenever she comes on screen," she shot at the boys. "And they do get together, in the book mind you," she informed him and Harry and Draco just shook their heads.

"You and your obsession with that book. You've had it for two days and you're still re-reading it!" Draco told her and she rolled her eyes.

"You just don't get the finesse of books," she informed Draco who scoffed as he turned back to his lunch.

"Why bother - seeing it in action on TV is more thrilling," Draco stated and Harry nodded as he pointed his fork at Draco.

"He has a point." Mia shook her head at the hopelessness of the boys.

"I know but I still like the book better," she informed them.

"God, you three are too much," Narcissa told them as she and Sirius sat at the table. Even though the kids didn't act like they were 10 for Harry and Mia, 11 for Draco, they still found ways to revert back to their normal ages. She sighed mostly to herself as she thought about why they acted older than they were. Training was enough to do that to anyone - they had been trained since they were babies and were forced to shoulder the responsibilities of having to deal with the fact that Voldemort was going to come back one day. That Harry had been marked, thanks to his scar, only intensified the burden. She sometimes wished that they could stay children forever but she knew it was impossible.

"And you know, I don't remember giving you permission to watch these films," Sirius spoke up, causing the kids to grin at each other with sheepish expressions.

"We got bored," Draco admitted. "It was the time when I stayed over because it was my birthday. We got fed up watching the kiddie movies and snuck down stairs," Draco started.

"We saw your collections of Dvds and looked through them till we found films that were interesting to us," Mia explained.

"Hence us being knowledgeable about these films," Harry admitted and Sirius sighed.

"You know, I don't even know why I bother, you are too much like Cissy, James and Callie. You always find someway to do something you're not allowed," Sirius informed them and got a thump on the arm from Narcissa.

"Hey!" she snapped, mock offence filling her tone and he smirked.

"Oh come on Cissy, you know it's true," Sirius teased. Narcissa just snorted as she turned back to the kids without affirming or denying Sirius' statement.

"What films did you find?" Narcissa asked and the kids grinned.

"Final Destination. Mia liked the 3rd one better. Also, the Punisher and Blade, though I prefer the third film of blade," Harry stated.

"Resident Evil, Cabin Fever - now that one was just horrible and pointless," Mia stated and Draco nodded in agreement.

"Death by water?" he asked and shook his head. "Dawn of the Dead, the inside Man," Draco listed off. "And a bunch of more films that we can't remember."

"Where on earth do you find the time to watch them? You're usually conked out by the time you get to bed," Sirius demanded and they shrugged.

"Some nights we can't sleep," Mia explained.

"I'm surprise you haven't had nightmares!" Narcissa informed them with a shake of her head when a window opened above them.

There was fluttering of wings, they turned to see three owls making their way through the windows. They dropped the letters into the kids' hands before going back out of the window again. Narcissa and Sirius looked at each other and sighed.

"Hogwarts letters," Narcissa and Sirius stated together.

TBC

Thanks to my betas for helping me out, HPHG Fan and my other one, who wishes to remain anonymous.

Author Notes: Before you go on about how children aren't allowed to watch those types of films, I want to stress that they do, just because you don't see them watching it, they do. I snuck my parents' Dvds out and watched, regardless of the ages. And kids do fancy each other, I knew someone who was 7 and fancied someone.