Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 1 by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 1

spacegal

Okay, this is when everything really starts. When I'm talking about Draco in his normal terms, he will be referred as Draco, but when I'm talking about Draco in Canon form, he will be referred as Malfoy so this way you know when he is acting and when he's not.

Thanks for all the reviews

Chapter 5: Lessons, Request and A Secret Revealed.

"First day," Mia stated as Harry came down the stairs from his dormitories and he nodded.

"How do you think everyone is going to react to me coming back from the dead?" Harry asked when he reached the bottom. Mia slipped her arm through his and rested her head on his shoulder as they both walked out of the common room.

"I'll guess we'll find out when we head into the Great Hall," she told him before pulling her head off Harry's shoulder and looked up at him. "What did you think of Hermione?"

Harry looked down at her, startled at her question as they continued to walk. He wondered what brought that up.

"How do you mean?" Harry asked and she tilted her head slightly.

"How do you see her?" she amended and Harry shrugged.

"A little timid, maybe a little nervous," Harry suggested and Mia nodded, causing Harry to look at his sister once more. "Do you want to tell me what is going on?" Mia sighed.

"It's just, I don't think she really ever had friends," Mia admitted as she looked at Harry. "She seemed surprised when I tried to talk to her yesterday and when we went to our dormitory, she seemed nervous that I was trying to be her friend," she explained and Harry's eyes narrowed as he thought back.

"Now you mention it, she did seem surprised that I knew she was a muggle born," Harry agreed and Mia grinned.

"You have no idea how much she bugged me about that. She still wants to know how you knew," Mia informed him and Harry shrugged.

"Like you girls. You don't give your secrets away, so you can't expect a man to give away his," he informed her as they came to a stop outside the Great Hall.

"Ready?" Mia asked and Harry shot a grin at her.

"I've been waiting for this," Harry told her and they both pushed the doors opened and stepped in.

The Great Hall turned to face the doors and they met silence. Harry and Mia looked at each other before walking over to the Gryffindor table and took their place. They started filling out their plate as everyone continued to stare at them.

Mia was about to tuck into her breakfast when everyone's stare started to get on her nerves so she slammed her fork back down on the table.

"What?" Mia asked, irritable as she looked around. "Have we grown two heads or something?"

"Miss Black…" Dumbledore started but Mia lifted a hand and stopped him.

"I'm getting tired of this, you all are the ones who gave Harry up for dead and didn't even bother looking that hard. Now we're at Hogwarts, we are here to be educated, and not to be stared at like a bunch of animals in a zoo," she snapped. Everyone turned his or her eyes away and she sighed. "We're normal kids just like you, so, who cares if my father is a supposedly murderer or that Harry defeated Voldemort. All we want is to be treated like a normal kids and we hope you can give us that," she explained.

"She's right," McGonagall stated as she stood up. "What's done is done, leave the past in the past," she agreed with a pointed glare at Dumbledore. "And I expect to see you all treat Harry and Mia like normal people," she warned them before composing herself. "Now get back to breakfast."

"Dad did say that McGonagall was the level headed one," Mia stated to Harry, who nodded in agreement.

"I think she will be a lot more reliable," Harry stated and Mia tucked into her breakfast while Harry turned to look at Hermione. He stared at her, thinking about Mia's comments about her earlier and wondered if Mia was right.

Hermione looked up, feeling Harry's stare and blushed slightly when she caught his eyes.

"What?" she asked and Harry shook himself out of his thoughts and focused himself back on reality.

"Sorry, just thinking," Harry told her. Her eyes narrowed and Harry could see that it wasn't just brown as he thought it was; he seemed to be a mixture of dark and light with some gold flecked when all of a sudden pain shot up his leg and he jerked away.

"Are you okay?" Hermione asked; concerned and puzzled about Harry's behaviour and Harry nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he told her with a smile. She nodded as she turned back to her breakfast while Harry gritted his teeth and turned to looked at Mia and shot her a glare.

Mia returned the glare and moved her eyes, pointly, toward something on the table. Harry looked down only for his face to pale slightly as he lifted his fork and found it was melted around the middle. The realisation hit him - his powers had went a bit haywire and ended up attacking the poor fork. He looked up at Mia, who rolled her eyes in amusement as he shot a look at Hermione before bringing the fork onto his lap and fixed it before bringing it back up onto the table. He tucked into his food, suddenly famished and wanting to get away.

Mia shook her head in amusement as she turned back to her breakfast, enjoying herself.

Soon Breakfast came to an end and the head teachers made their way down from the head table and over to their respective houses with parchments in their hands.

"Timetables," McGonagall called out as she moved over to her table and started handing them out. Mia looked at hers.

"Oh great, we have potions this Friday," she told Harry, who smirked and Mia rolled her eyes. "And you're planning trouble," she stated as Harry looked at her.

"I never said anything about that," Harry informed her and she scoffed as she folded her timetable up and placed it into her skirt pocket. She stood up and felt a hard bump against her shoulder.

"Excuse me," Mia exclaimed as she turned around to see a blonde standing next to her, she was wearing Slytherin robes and she was glaring at Mia.

"Watch where you're going!" she snapped and Mia raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought I heard you say that I should watch where I'm going when you're the one who bumped into me," Mia stated and the girl sneered.

"People like you shouldn't even be at this school," she informed and Mia cocked her hip and placed one hand on it.

"People like me?" Mia questioned. "How do you mean, people like me?" she asked.

"Filthy blood," she sneered and Mia laughed.

"Better get your facts straight Miss High and Mighty, my mum was a half blood while my dad is a pure blood," Mia informed her. "And who might you be?"

"Pansy Parkinson," she replied and Mia raised an eyebrow.

"Of course, an offspring of a Death Eater that hates me. Why am I not surprised?" Mia asked and Harry snorted into his pumpkin juice. He wiped the back of his mouth before standing up.

"Come on Mia, back in your cage," he informed her and she snapped her teeth at him before turning back to face Pansy once more.

"Later," she greeted was a wriggle of her fingers before side stepping the other girl and made her way out of the Great Hall. Harry followed her with Hermione trailing behind. Ron just grabbed another roll and bacon before following them too. Pansy just stared after Mia's back with anger burning brightly in her dark eyes while Draco shook his head.

"Bad girl alright," Draco muttered to himself before walking out of the Great Hall too.

They headed off to their Transfiguration class where McGonagall was waiting for them. Harry had been right in his thoughts that while McGonagall was someone they could trust, she was also someone you wouldn't dare cross without getting some anger in return.

She had delighted them all when she had turned her table into a pig then changed it back only to informed them that they were nowhere near in getting anywhere near changing furniture into animals. Instead they were to change their matchsticks into needles.

"We've done this," Mia muttered under her breath and Harry nodded. They both concentrated on turning their matches into needles but did it slowly enough so that it seemed that they were having some problems with it. By the end of the lesson, Hermione the only one who had actually turned her match into a needle. Harry and Mia had refused to change the match into a needle so it would look like they were struggling rather than being ahead of everyone.

"Looks like McGonagall like Hermione," Harry whispered to Mia, who agreed as they led the way out the class.

"I hope we find the missing elemental soon", Mia said as she recalled the day they found their first animagus forms. "This way we get more training."

"I know, are you sure they will be here right now?" Harry asked and Mia nodded.

"Yes, Draco, You and I were all born in the same year, it would be make sense that they would be born in the same year as us," Mia told him and Harry sighed.

"I suppose we should start looking for whoever it is that makes up the last element," Harry told her and Mia looked at him.

"How? He or She might not even be in Ravenclaw," she told him and Harry shrugged.

"Maybe they'll come to us," Harry suggested as they headed off to the Great Hall. Mia had to go to the library to check out something, leaving Harry and Ron, who had caught up with them after transfiguration, alone.

They had entered the Great Hall when Hedwig flew down to Harry and dropped a letter before settling herself on the table.

"Hey girl," Harry greeted as he reached out and stroked her feather, causing her to hoot and nibble his finger.

"She's gorgeous," Hermione told him from where she was sitting next to Harry. Hedwig turned to Hermione and walked over to her. Hermione let a hand reach over and softly stroked the snowy owl.

Harry watched the interaction with interest. Hedwig loved Mia but she was barely tolerant of Narcissa and Sirius. To see her take to another person was interesting. "What's her name?" Hermione asked and Harry looked at her, broken out of his thoughts.

"Hedwig," Harry told her. "You can feed her for me if you like," he suggested as he handed Hermione some of his bacon. Hermione took a small bit of it and fed it to Hedwig, causing her to hoot her thanks while Harry read his letter. It was from Hagrid. "Hagrid wants to meet up with me this afternoon, to see how everything has been and how school is going," Harry stated and Ron looked up.

"Can I come with you?" Ron asked. "I've always heard how great Hagrid is," he explained and Harry nodded. He was interested in finding out more about Hagrid. Sirius had told him that the giant was the one who came to pick him up from the house to take him to the Dursleys, and even though he was loyal to Dumbledore, he was a good friend when the time called for it.

"Sure," Harry told him as he wrote a reply before rolling it up. Hedwig walked over to him and stuck out her leg. "Are you sure?" Harry asked and got a hoot in demand in reply, causing him to sigh. "Okay, but after you deliver this message, its back to the owerly," he informed her as he tied the letter to her leg. She hooted once more before taking flight and flew out of the window, leaving Harry shaking his head in amusement. "I swear, she's like Mia," he muttered as he turned back to his meal. She is completely stubborn and refuses to take a break even when she knows she needs one. It took someone to tell them both to take a break before they would willingly take one.

Their first potion class had not started off well with Professor Snape. Still stung by Harry and Mia's actions toward him the night when they had first encountered him in Professor Dumbledore's office (when Harry had refused to let him access his mind in order to find out where Sirius was hiding), Snape had made it very clear throughout the lesson they had earned his wrath.

"I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquid that creeps through human vein, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses…I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even put a stopper in death - if you weren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach!" Snape snapped.

Harry and Mia looked at each other in amusement while Hermione was biting her bottom lip, resisting the urge to throw her hand up and prove she wasn't the dunderhead that Snape had claimed them all to be.

"Potter, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape snapped. Hermione put her hand into air but Snape ignored her while Harry just stared at Snape, unwilling to answer. "Well, I guess being famous isn't everything," Snape stated with a sneer. "How about this, where would you look if I told you find me a bezoar?" Hermione's hand started to wave in the air and Snape snorted. "Alright, one last questions, what is the difference between a monkshood and wolfbane?"

"Sorry, didn't think we needed to memorised the whole book," Mia muttered under her breath and Snape looked at her and opened his mouth to say something.

"I think Hermione knows the answer, why don't you try her?" Harry piped up and Snape glared at him. "And the answer is, asphodel and wormwood makes a sleeping potion so powerful that is it known as the Draught of Living Death," Harry informed him.

"And a bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons," Mia piped up.

"And monkshood and wolfbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite," Harry finished. Snape stared at them for a short moment before he snapped back into action.

"Well, why are you not copying it down?" he snapped and everyone's quill started scratching as they copied the answers onto the parchments and Snape looked at Harry and Mia once more. "And five points, each, from Gryffindor for your cheek," he informed before he turned to the board and Mia looked at Harry with a bored look, who nodded in reply.

Snape had told them all to pair up and start making a potion to cure boils when Neville's potion had somehow managed to melt the leg of the cauldron and ended up flooding the Potion room, drenching the boy and causing angry red boils to appear.

"Ouch," Mia whispered before looking around for something to help her get across to help Neville, as everyone climbed up onto his or her stools. She grabbed a book and enlarged it before placing it on top of the puddle and made her way over to Neville. "Don't worry," Mia told him.

"Idiot boy!" Snape snapped. "I suppose you didn't take the cauldron off the fire before you added the porcupine quills!"

"Hey, it was a simple mistake," Mia snapped and Snape glared at her.

"Take him to the hospital wing," He told her and she glared back at him.

"Gladly," she snapped before leading Neville out of the dungeon while Snape rounded on Harry.

"And I expect you did that on purpose, not telling Neville so you could make yourself look good," Snape sneered. "That's a point off," he smirked before waving his wand. "Scourgify!" he shouted before turning back to his board.

Mia stepped back in the class and grabbed her bag and Neville's as she joined up with the rest of the Gryffindor when they told her what happened.

"Jesus, Uncle Sirius said that he was a bastard but I didn't think he meant this much," Harry informed Mia as they left the Classroom and Mia nodded.

"Dad never told us the full story of what really happened between Snape and the rest of them. I guess we'll find out as we go along," Mia stated and Harry sighed.

"He hates us," Harry muttered and Mia shook her head.

"And I always thought you couldn't blame the child for the sins of the parents," Mia stated. Harry sighed in agreement as he led the way into the common room, where they saw everyone surrounding the notice board.

Harry made his way over to the couch and sat down while Mia made her way over to the notice board to see what the fuss was about. She rolled her eyes when she finally saw what caused the excitement and moved back to Harry.

"We have flying lessons," Mia stated and Harry looked up.

"With who?" he asked.

"Slytherin," Mia replied and Harry frowned slightly.

"We don't seem to have a lot of classes with Slytherin," Harry noticed which Mia agreed with.

"I think its Dumbledore's way of trying to unite the houses without overloading us with the Slytherin. Dad did say that Gryffindor and Slytherin are more rivals than anyone else," Mia told him as she moved over to the chair and sat down.

"Hm, makes sense," Harry told her and shook his head. "When's the class?"

"Thursday afternoon," Mia told him as she pulled out a book from her bag, flipping through it when she heard a noise and turned to see Hermione standing at the board with a slight pale look. "I think Hermione has a fear of heights - she's already paling at the thought of having flying lessons," Mia told Harry. He looked over to see that Mia was right and frowned. "What's with you?"

"I don't know. I get this feeling that I know her but at the same time I don't," Harry replied and they watched the bushy-haired witch together for a while.

"Do you think she might be the missing one or is it just your hormones taking over?" she asked and he glared at her.

"My hormones are not taking over," he informed her and she arched an eyebrow.

"Sorry, did you or did you not stare at Hermione this morning and I had to kick you in the shin to get your brain back to reality?" she asked. Harry flushed red as he glared at his sister.

"I hate you," he muttered as he slumped back down on his chair.

"No, you love me," Mia replied as she turned back to her book.

"Have you seen this?" Hermione asked as she appeared next to Harry's side of the couch, causing him to jump. Mia bit her bottom lip to hold her smile and laugher back.

"Seen what?" Harry asked once he had regained his composure and looked up at Hermione. She was staring at him like he had grown another head before shaking her own.

"The notice that we're having flying lessons?" she asked and Mia nodded.

"Yeah, Thursday with Slytherin," Mia stated before looking up at her. "Do you have a fear of heights and flying?" she asked and Hermione looked at her, startled.

"How do you know these things about me?" Hermione demanded as she sat down on the chair and Mia grinned.

"I saw you pale when you read the notice and since you don't really seem to care about Slytherin, I took a guess," Mia explained and Hermione sighed.

"Yeah, I mean, if I'm in a plane, I'm fine. I have this whole metal structure surrounding me and I'm not sitting near the window. But being up high with nothing to protect you…" she trailed off and Mia nodded in understanding.

"Don't worry; it's a common thing believe it or not. Just take a deep breath and count to ten and relax. Just don't think of the ground below you, although I'm not telling you not to look down because it's a reflex action for you to do that," Mia explained and Harry looked at her.

"Why do people say don't look down when you know they are going to do just that?" Harry asked and Hermione scoffed.

"Probably because they think you will obey," Hermione muttered.

"You'll be fine," Mia soothed. "The teacher won't make us go really high. They need to build confidence up in order to get people to go higher than they want," Mia explained and Harry nodded in agreement.

"She's right, they're not allowed just to make us go straight into the air and start doing thing," Harry told her before looking at his watch. "And if you excuse me, I'm meeting up with Ron. Catch you girls later," he told them before leaving the common room, with the girls staring after his back.

Harry met up with Ron at the entrance of Hogwarts and they made their way over to Hagrid's hut, where Harry knocked on the door.

"Just a minute," Hagrid called out though the loud din of barking. "Back Fang!" Hagrid barked. "Let me answer the door." The door opened and they saw Hagrid holding back a large black dog as he let the kids in.

"Sit anywhere you want," Hagrid told them as they entered the hut. They looked around and saw it was just one big room. There was a table and two large chairs with a huge bed that sat in the corner next to a fireplace. The boys took one of the large chairs and faced Hagrid as he shut the door and let Fang go, who bounded over and started licking them.

They told him all about their classes and Hagrid had become a bit worried when they told him about Snape's attitude.

"He hates you and Mia, that's for sure," Ron stated and Harry nodded in agreement.

"Don't be ridiculous - why would Snape hate Harry?" Hagrid asked and Harry looked at him.

"I know that he and my dad weren't good friends when they went to Hogwarts. Uncle Sirius told us," Harry explained but Hagrid shook his head.

"There is no way he hates you," Hagrid informed him but Harry noticed that Hagrid didn't look at him in the eyes. It was at that point that Harry saw a paper clipping from the Daily Prophet on the table and picked it up.

GRINGOTTS BREAK-IN LATEST

Investigations continue into the break-in at Gringotts on 31 July, widely believed to be the work of dark wizard or witches unknown.

Gringotts' goblins today insisted that nothing had been taken. The vault that was searched had in fact been emptied the same day.

'But we're not telling you what was in there, so keep your noses out if you know what's good for you,' said a Gringotts spokesgoblin this afternoon.

"Hm, the same day as my birthday," Harry muttered to himself.

"What's that?" Ron asked as he looked over in Harry's hand and Harry showed it to him.

"Someone broke into Gringotts. Whatever they were looking for had already been taken earlier the same day," Harry explained and Ron shook his head.

"Don't know why anyone would want to steal anything from Gringotts. They would have to be mad," Ron stated and Harry nodded in agreement as he turned to face the giant once more, thinking about Hagrid's actions. He realized that Hagrid knew more than he was telling.

As Harry and Ron made their way back to the castle, Harry found himself thinking about everything so far and started to wonder about the break in that happened on his birthday. He knew he should brush it off as a coincidence but something deep inside of him told him that it was more than that, that there was going to trouble.

Soon enough, their lessons of Flying came round quicker than Harry expected. He and the rest of the first year Gryffindor made their way out into the front ground outside of Hogwarts and stood next to the brooms on one side while Slytherin took up the other side.

They saw a tall female walking toward them. She had short brown hair and yellow eyes that reminded Harry of a Hawk.

"Good afternoon," she announced as she walked past them.

"Good afternoon, Madam Hooch," the class greeted as she came to an end of the line and turned to face them.

"Welcome to your first flying lessons," she told them while inspecting the students. "Well, what are you waiting for?" Madam Hooch demanded. "Put your right hand over the broom and say in a nice clear voice, up!"

Everyone looked down at their broom and took a deep breath before doing what they were told.

"Up!" everyone stated. Harry, Mia and Draco's brooms shot into their hands.

Hermione's broom just levitated slightly and turned itself around; ignoring her while she kept calling up.

"UP!" Ron nearly shouted and his broom shot up, hitting him in the nose, causing Harry and Dean, who were on each of him, to laugh.

"Shut up Harry," Ron told him as he rubbed his nose before placing his hand over the broom once more.

Soon everyone got their brooms into their hands and faced the teacher once more.

"Get on your broom and when I blow my whistle, you will lift off from the ground and hover for a few seconds before touching back down," Hooch told them. The students mounted and Madam Hooch raised her whistle to her mouth and was about to blow it when Neville's broom started rising higher.

"Neville!" Hermione exclaimed when she saw this and Harry turned to see that Neville's broom was now a good ten foot off the ground. "What are you doing boy?" Madam Hooch demanded. "Get back down here!"

"Someone make this thing stop!" Neville shouted; clinging to his broom as it started to shoot off. Harry muttered under his breath as he jumped and his broom shot into the air, causing him to shoot forward.

"Mister Harry Potter!" Madam Hooch shouted.

"He'll catch Neville," Mia promised and the professor turned to face the girl, who shrugged. "Dad always said never leave a friend to deal with danger himself. Always help out when you can," Mia explained before turning to watch as Harry got under Neville's broom, just as the frightened boy crashed into the wall, causing Neville to fall and land onto Harry's broom.

"Gotcha!" Harry grunted as he held Neville close to him before reaching out and grabbing the Remembrall as it shot back down from the air from where it had been forced out from Neville's pocket, due to the bucking of the broom. "Don't worry, just close your eyes and you'll be back on the ground before you know it," Harry told the whimpering boy. Neville nodded as he closed his eyes tightly while Harry slowly guided them back down to the ground.

Once his feet hit the ground, Madam Hooch made her way over to them and helped Neville from the broom. She took his arm into her hand and winced slightly.

"Looks like you broke your wrist," she told him. He was about to speak when a loud female voice boomed across the grass.

"Mister Potter!" They all spun around to see McGonagall bearing down on them. Harry got off his broom and gave the ball back to Neville before handing Madam Hooch the broom and stepping forward toward McGonagall. "Never in my years…" she breathed out before shaking her head. "Follow me," she informed him and Harry left with her.

Hermione turned to Mia, who shook her head and gave her a smile.

"Relax, he'll be fine," she told her and Hermione nodded, still not understanding.

"Okay, class time is over, go back to your common room," Madam Hooch told them. "I'm gonna take Neville up to the Hospital Wing." She led the young boy away while everyone went back to the small broom closet and placed the broomsticks back in then made their way back to the common room.

"How much trouble do you think Harry will be in?" Hermione asked and Mia shrugged with a smirk.

"Depends on how much he keeps his mouth shut. Daddy didn't raise no fool," Mia stated as they made their way into their common room and took her place on the couch.

"He's Harry Potter, how much trouble can he get in?" Ron exclaimed from where he was sitting on the chair, causing both girls to throw dark looks at him.

Harry followed McGonagall down the corridor, wondering where she was taking him when she came to a stop outside a classroom. Harry looked up and saw it was the Defence Against The Dark Arts class. The stern looking professor knocked and opened it.

"Sorry Professor Quirrell, may I speak with Wood please?" she asked and he nodded as he waved a hand at a young boy of 15. Harry saw that he had light brown hair and blue eyes; wearing Gryffindor robes. He was eyeing Harry with curiosity.

"Yes Professor McGonagall?" Wood asked and Harry looked up at McGonagall only for his eyes to widen when he saw that she was barely holding her excitement in.

"Wood, this is Harry Potter, Harry, this is Oliver Wood, the captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team," she told him before turning to Wood. "Wood, I have found you a seeker!" Her voice bubbled with excitement and Harry's eyes widened once more before he looked at Wood, who now shared her exuberance and he sighed.

'Yeah, normal year alright' Harry thought.

"Seeker?" Mia squealed and Harry nodded. He had arrived at the Common Room and found Hermione and Mia waiting for him - they had pounced on him the second he entered the room with questions and he had explained what happened.

"But you must the youngest seeker in a …" Hermione trailed off.

"In a century," Harry told her and Hermione shook her head.

"First years don't get to be seekers," Hermione informed him and Harry grinned.

"The perks of being the 'Golden Boy'," Harry stated. "Dumbledore was more than happy to let me be on the team, regardless of my age."

"Another one of his tricks," Mia stated and Harry nodded, leaving Hermione confused about what they were talking about. "Are you gonna take it up?"

"Hell yeah, it's Quidditch!" Harry exclaimed and Mia grinned.

"Your father would be so proud," Mia stated as she dropped her head back on the armrest. She was lying on the couch with Hermione sitting on the other end with Mia's feet on her lap.

"How do you mean?" Hermione asked as she looked at Mia and Mia looked at Hermione.

"Harry's Dad, James, was on the Quidditch team, he played Chaser," Mia explained and Hermione nodded as she looked at Harry.

"But he preferred Seeker better as he's always playing with the Snitch," Harry informed her. Hermione smiled slightly as she thought about it before she looked at her watch.

"Dinner time," she told them and they nodded as Mia swung herself upright. Harry got off his chair and they moved over toward the door when Ron came down the stairs.

"Harry," he called out. Harry stopped and turned to face the red-haired boy. Mia shook her head in annoyance as she left the Common Room with Hermione following her.

"You really don't like Ron do you?" Hermione asked and Mia snorted.

"No," Mia replied as she continued walking with Hermione following her. "What's up?" Harry asked as Ron neared him and they both left the common room together.

"How much trouble did you get into?" He asked and Harry grinned.

"None," Harry told him and Ron looked at him.

"How do you mean?" Ron asked.

"I'm on the Quidditch team. I'm now the seeker," Harry told him. Ron came to an abrupt stop as he stared at Harry.

"What?" Ron exclaimed and Harry grinned.

"Yep. McGonagall took me to see Wood and told him that she had found him a Seeker and Dumbledore agreed so I'm not really in any trouble at all," Harry explained. Ron shook his head.

"You must be the youngest seeker in a century!" Ron told him and Harry nodded as they both started moving and headed over to the Great Hall. Harry moved over to his seat next to Hermione while Ron took up his seat next to Neville, who was between him and Mia.

"Professor Dumbledore seems pretty happy with himself," Mia commented to Harry. He looked over Hermione's head and saw that Dumbledore exuding pride as he raised his goblet slightly to Harry before he turned to face a teacher who had requested his attention. Harry turned back to face Mia with a smirk. He knew that Dumbledore thought he had won Harry over by allowing him the position of Seeker on Quidditch.

"So he should be," Harry told her and Mia grinned as she shook her head before a voice cut into their time.

"Well, I see that Harry Potter hasn't been kicked out of school," a drawl stated and they turned to see Malfoy standing behind them.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" Ron spat out and Malfoy shot him a cool look.

"Relax Weasley, I'm not talking to you," Malfoy informed him before turning back to Harry.

"Yes, I'm still in school," Harry replied coolly and Malfoy arched an eyebrow.

"Want to prove yourself, do you?" Malfoy asked and Mia straightened.

"How do you mean?" Mia asked and Malfoy turned to look at her.

"A midnight duel," Malfoy stated and Mia titled her head slightly.

"Who's your second?" she asked.

"Crabbe," Malfoy stated after sizing up the two boys and turned to face Harry. "Yours?"

"I am," Mia jumped in before Ron could speak up. "I'm Harry's second."

"Fine, meet us in the trophy room at midnight," Draco stated before stalking off.

"Who the hell does he think he is?" Ron muttered under his breath as he tore at his bread.

"Just someone who's spoilt," Mia stated as she shot Harry a warning look. Ron was getting a little defensive when it came to Malfoy. He nodded as he turned back to his dinner.

Soon dinner was over and everyone headed back up to his or her common room.

"So, you're going tonight?" Ron asked and Harry nodded.

"Yeah, just Mia and I. We'll be back before you know it," Harry told him as they made their way into the boys' dormitory to get ready for bed.

When Harry was sure that everyone was still asleep, he snuck out of his bed and grabbed his trousers and a top before sliding his second wand into his leg holster. He grabbed his primary wand and placed it into his arm holster before grabbing a hoodie and pulled it on just as a soft knock came at the door. Harry grabbed his trainers and slipped them on before sneaking over and slipped out.

Mia stood there; her black hair was drawn up into a ponytail. She wore the same outfit as Harry.

"Half Eleven, let's move," Mia whispered and Harry nodded as they crept their way toward the door when a female voice stopped them.

"You do realise that you are going to get us into trouble?" They spun around to see Hermione standing there. She was dressed in her PJs with her robes over them and slippers.

"Hermione, go back to bed," Mia hissed as she hurried over to the door and walked out with Harry and Hermione following her.

"You are going to get caught and you'll get us to lose points; that's not fair on the rest of us!" Hermione exclaimed and Harry sighed.

"Hermione, we won't get caught. We're just going to settle a score then we're coming straight back!" he explained. Hermione sighed as she turned around to face the portrait only to let out a cry of shock when she realised that the Fat Lady had gone.

"You better come with us. We're not leaving you here alone," Mia stated. Hermione moved closer to Harry and they stalked their way through the corridors till they reached the trophy room, only for a meow to interrupt their adventure.

They spun around to see Mrs Morris, Filch's cat, standing there.

"Filch, run!" Mia hissed and they ran down the corridor as fast as they could till they reached a door and slammed their way into it. They came to a stop when they saw the corridor was covered in dust and cobwebs.

"What floor is this?" Harry asked as he looked around and Hermione's face paled with recognition.

"It's the third floor, the one that's out of bound," Hermione explained when the torches lit up.

"He's coming!" Mia exclaimed as she rushed forward with Hermione and Harry following her till they reached a door. Harry pulled at the handle before shaking his head.

"Alohormora!" Harry exclaimed and the door unlocked, allowing Harry to push the girls ahead of him before he stepped through and shut it behind him.

"That was close," Mia stated as they breathed heavily.

"Sniff around my sweet," Filch stated to Mrs Morris as he looked around the forbidden corridor. Mrs Norris sniffed around before she turned back to her master and followed him out of the forbidden corridor.

"Way too close," Hermione stated.

"Not any more," Harry stated, causing the two girls to turn around and saw what had caught Harry's eyes.

There was a large brown dog in the middle of the room, sleeping. The thing about the dog that scared them cold was the fact it had three heads. The dog opened its eyes as it locked on to the three figures in front of it and growled before standing up.

"What the…!" Mia exclaimed as she looked at the sight in front of her before she spun around and yanked the door back open before hurrying through it with Hermione and Harry hot on her heels.

They rounded the door and slammed it into place with Hermione pulling down the lock just as the dog hit the door.

They walked backward till their back hit the wall and sighed in relief.

"Who the hell thought of keeping a dog that size in a room that size?" Mia demanded and Harry shook his head.

"I don't know and right now, I don't care. Let's get back to the tower before we get caught," he told them and they nodded in agreement and hurried away from the room that held the three-headed dog that nearly tore their heads off.

They moved swiftly through the common room after Harry hissed out the password and made their way up the stairs where the dormitories were.

"Why would anyone want to leave a dog like that locked up in a small room? That's not fair to it," Mia stated and Hermione looked at her.

"Did you not see what it was standing on?" she asked and Harry looked at her.

"Sorry, I was a little preoccupied with the fact it had three heads!" Harry exclaimed and Hermione rolled her eyes.

"It was standing on a trapdoor. It was obviously protecting something," Hermione explained and Mia looked at her.

"Protecting what? What on earth could be so important that it needs to be protected by a three headed dog?" Mia asked and Hermione shrugged.

"What about what we learned at Hagrid's?" Harry asked; causing the two girls to look at him and understanding dawned on him. "Oh right, sorry. Ron was the one who was there when I got the message. There was a newspaper at Hagrid's hut, it said that someone tried to break into Gringotts but nothing was stolen as that particular vault had been emptied out earlier," Harry explained and Mia frowned.

"So, whatever it was, it's now here and under protection?" she asked and Harry shrugged.

"Well, whatever it was, we're not going to find out tonight," Hermione stated before straightening her back. "Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go back to bed before you get us all killed, or worse, Expelled," Hermione stated before she made her way into the girls' dormitories. Mia and Harry looked at each other.

"Yeah, I think you're on the right track with her. I don't think she had many friends before here so she sticks to the rules," Harry told Mia, who nodded in agreement.

"I like her," Mia whispered and Harry smirked.

"Even though she is a bit mental. I mean seriously, being expelled is worse than dead?" he asked before shaking his head. Mia rolled her eyes before laughing slightly as she entered the dormitory and Harry made his way up to his dormitories.

He entered the room and saw that everyone was still sleeping before making his way over to his bed. He climbed in and took off his glasses before he stared at the ceiling. Hermione's flashing angry eyes rose before his mind and he smirked to himself. He had to admit she did look cute when she was angry before he closed his eyes and willed himself into a deep sleep.

TBC

I had more for this chapter but with the two of them combined it actually ended up taking up a lot of paper and I didn't want to overload you all, all at the one time.

A/N As you remember, I asked you all what you thought about me doing a Harry Slytherin fic and I ended up getting mixed emotions about it and I noticed that some of you got mixed up which I apologise for because it was my fault for not making it clearer.

The fic will be NOTHING like this fic, Harry, Mia and Hermione won't be friends in this story till that year. The reason I'm setting it in 5th year, or 4th year, as someone pointed out has more action, is because Harry notices Hermione that year and seeks her out.

The plot is completely different to this one. The reason I'm not setting it in first year because Hermione is not a major part of the gang then so I wanted to set it in the year when she does get involved. It's completely different yet the same, the weapons and training and such with Sirius but different plot of how to get to the end.