Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 1 by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 1

spacegal

Here we are, we've come to an end of this book. The next one will be out next Monday, under the title: Harry Potter and The Darkness Year 2.

Thanks for all the reviews.

Chapter 9: The End Of Term

Harry moaned slightly as he opened his eyes and saw a blurry face in front of him. He felt something cold and hard pressed against his face and soon his vision came into view. His glasses were put on him and saw that he was looking up into Mia's blue eyes.

"Hey bro, Hermione is having a fit right now about you being in hospital, Draco thinks it hilarious and Dad is going nuts too. Dumbledore thinks it's great because he's now convinced that he can tempt you in giving up dad and going to the Dursleys, where it's `safe'," Mia told him, using her fingers as quotes. Harry smiled.

"And I'm glad to see that my near death didn't make you worry at all," he informed her as he got up and Mia waved her hand as she helped him.

"Are you kidding, you're the type of person you can't get rid of," Mia teased and Harry laughed as he rested his back on the pillow.

"So, what happened?" Harry asked and Mia sighed as she shifted on his bed, crossing her legs. Harry saw that was dressed in her PJs too and her hair were pulled up into a ponytail.

"Quirrell's dead," she told him and Harry frowned slightly from the memory.

"I know, I killed him or my mother's love for me did. He grabbed my throat and I grabbed his wrists and it started smoking. When I pulled my hands away, his hands were dust," he explained and Mia smiled sadly.

"Well, it's either to do with your mother's love or the fact you're fire," Mia pointed out and Harry grinned.

"I get the feeling that it's my mother's love," Harry told her.

"Dumbledore found you, Hermione told me that he just rushed past her when she came to get us and ran into the place where you were. Don't ask me how he knew because I don't have a clue," Mia told him and Harry sighed.

"I guess we have to think of the possibility that he had been waiting for this," Harry admitted and Mia looked at him. "How is Hermione?" Harry asked.

"Furious, she's torn between ripping out her hair or strangling you," Mia told him with a smirk and he shot her a hurt look.

"Oh that's nice, tease the boy who's already in the hospital wing," Harry told her and Mia laughed.

"Relax, Madam Pomfrey managed to calm her down and told her you wouldn't be out too long. She'll be relieved to see that you're awake," Mia explained and Harry smiled.

"Ah, Mr Potter!" a female voice cracked and they both turned to see a tall plump lady dressed in purples robes making her way over to them. "You're finally awake I see."

"Morning Madam Pomfrey," Harry greeted and she tutted as she pulled out her wand and started making diagnostic while Mia hopped off the bed.

"I'd better get changed, I'm being release from here today, catch you in the common room?" Mia asked as she looked at Harry, who nodded.

Harry was currently packing his stuff that he had received from his well wishers over the time he had been in the hospital wing when the doors opened. Harry lifted his head and saw a familiar figure making his way into the wing.

"Ah, Mr Potter, you're awake," Dumbledore stated as he walked over to the bed and Harry groaned inwardly, keeping a neutral expression on his face.

"And alive, as you can see," Harry replied and Dumbledore smiled benevolently.

"Now, as much I'm glad to see that you are alive and well, I was hoping I could convince you to take appropriate measures for your own safety and head to your aunt's house this summer where the blood protection will keep you safe," Dumbledore told him and Harry sighed.

"No," Harry stated and Dumbledore looked over his spectacles to look at the boy.

"No?" Dumbledore asked and Harry nodded.

"No, I do not wish to spend the summer with relatives who do not care for my well being. I may be young but I do remember how they treated me when I stayed there for a short period and doesn't blood protection only work when I call a place home?" he asked. Dumbledore stayed silent. "So, how the will the blood protection work when I don't call the Dursleys' my home? Besides, I love my home and I wish to be with my sister and uncle this summer."

"Harry, Sirius betrayed your parents!" Dumbledore exclaimed and Harry snorted.

"Forgive me when I say I know you don't believe that all at," Harry told him. "Uncle Sirius didn't betray my parents and you can rest knowing that the person who did betray my parents will get what's coming to them."

"Harry, talking like this will do you no good," Dumbledore protested and Harry shook his head.

"Sticking my head in the sand and ignoring the world around me is not going to do me any good either!" Harry exclaimed, startling the headmaster. "You know just as well as I do that Voldemort is going to come back and when he does come back, I'm the only one who can take him down." Realisation dawned on Dumbledore.

"You know," he whispered and Harry looked at him.

"Yes, I know," he replied, his expression unreadable and his voice emotionless. "So, if you excuse me, sir, I have to get ready and packed before Hermione gives me a lecture." Harry grabbed his wand and left the Hospital Wing with Dumbledore staring after his back.

Harry made his way into the Gryffindor Common room only to have his back slam into a wall and a face full of bushy hair and steel wrapped around his chest, crushing him.

"Hermione, air…" Harry choked out. Hermione pulled herself away from him, blushing and apologising at the same time.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" she exclaimed. "You just worried me so much!" Harry placed a hand on her shoulder and Hermione stopped talking. She took a deep breath before letting it out slowly and Harry smiled softly.

"Just take a deep breath and relax. I'm fine and I'm alive," he told her and she nodded before glaring at him.

"You're still in my bad book though," she told him and Harry shot her a shocked wounded look.

"What? Why?" he asked and she glared at him.

"For almost getting yourself killed!" she informed him before walking off as Mia came up behind Harry, laughing.

"Oh man," she choked out. "The look on your face!"

"It's not funny," Harry shot at her and Mia rolled her eyes.

"Sorry, I beg to differ," Mia replied and shook her head. "Only she would be extremely happy that you're still alive but put you in her bad book for almost getting yourself killed." Harry just pouted at her, causing Mia to grin amused. "Relax, I'm sure you'll be back in her good book sooner or later," Mia informed him before patting his shoulder and walked up the stairs to the girls dormitory so she could finish packing her stuff up.

Harry just slumped his shoulders before making his way up the stairs till he reached the boys' dormitory. He made his way into the room where he saw Ron, Dean, Seamus and Neville were lazing about in the room and Harry smiled when he saw them.

"Glad to see that you're not worried about anything," Harry informed them, startling them all. Ron grinned.

"Hey, you got out of the Hospital Wing!" Ron greeted as he sat up. Harry nodded as he made his way over to his trunk and opened it and started packing his stuff.

"You're packing already?" Neville asked and Harry shrugged.

"Yeah, if I don't pack the night before, Mia will kick my butt," Harry explained and Dean shook his head.

"I know she's your sister mate, but she is one scary lass," Dean told him and Harry grinned.

"She ought to be, she had time to perfect it," Harry told him with a sly smirk and Dean shook his head.

"She's not the type of person I want to meet alone in a dark alley," he told Harry. Ron burst into laughter of agreement while Harry shook his head, amused before he turned to Neville.

"How are you?" Harry asked. "Hermione was pretty upset that she petrified you." Neville gave him as sheepish smile.

"I'm fine, you should have seen McGonagall's face when she found me though," Neville told him with a shake of his head. "I thought she was going to have a fit!"

"Did anyone else come in?" Harry asked. "Did McGonagall say why she came here?" Harry asked and Neville shrugged.

"Dumbledore came in; he took one look at me and rushed back out. McGonagall asked me what happened and some kind of understanding dawned on her before she rushed out too," Neville explained. Harry and Ron exchanged a meaningful look

"What are you all up to this summer?" Seamus asked and they looked at him.

"Mia and I are going to be busy this summer. My uncle has things in store for us," Harry answered.

"My family are taking me on holiday this summer," Dean joined in.

"I'm staying at home this summer," Ron told them and Seamus nodded in agreement.

"Same here," Seamus grinned.

"My Gran is taking me with her to go and visit her friends," Neville told them with a small wince and they smiled sympathetically at him.

"I'm sure it will be okay," Harry told him sympathetically and Neville sighed.

"Yeah, I mean, some of the women are pretty cool. It's just the ones who act like they are above everyone…" he trailed off and the rest nodded, getting the message.

"We will be thinking of you," Ron told him with a serious expression before everyone cracked up laughing, even Neville as he pushed Ron away, teasingly.

Mia was packing her stuff into her trunk when she saw Hermione come into the bedroom.

"Hey Hermione," Mia greeted and Hermione smiled.

"Hey," Hermione greeted as she moved over to her bed and placed the last of her books into the trunk before closing it and Mia smirked.

"Better make sure you gave all the books back to Madam Prince," Mia told her and Hermione looked at her, startled before she let out a small laugh.

"I gave them all back to her," Hermione assured as she sat down on the bed and Mia sighed as she sat down on her bed, across from Hermione.

"When are you going to let us in?" Mia asked and Hermione titled her head slightly, confused.

"I don't…"

"You're distant from us," Mia interrupted. "You keep your distance from us because you think we're going to turn around and say that we don't want to be your friend, that it was a mistake. You think we think you're just a bookworm who is only good for helping us." Hermione looked away from Mia and Mia sighed as she slid off the bed and knelt down in front of Hermione and cupped Hermione's chin, turning her to face Mia.

Mia felt her heart break when she saw the tears filming Hermione's brown eyes. "Hermione, that's never going to happen," she whispered. "Draco, Harry and I are loyal no matter what. You saved Harry's life, you helped Harry get past Snape's puzzle to finally stop Voldemort and you are a part of us. You've always been a part of us considering the fact you are an elemental like us. You're water, the one who keeps us calm."

"It's just…"

"Second nature?" Mia filled in and Hermione nodded. "I guessed that, you have no problem talking about your parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents and teachers but whenever I ask you of school friends and cousins, you go all vague and change the conversation so I took a guess and came to the conclusion that you didn't really have many friends," Mia explained.

"I'm sorry," Hermione whispered and Mia shook her head before cupping Hermione's cheek.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, it's your classmates and cousins who should be sorry, and it's their loss if they don't notice how amazing you are. You helped Harry, Ron and I in our class, you helped Harry and you saved Harry's life. You're loyal and that's what makes you a good friend," she pulled her hand away. "We're not going to turn around and drop you like you're nothing and if that ever happens, then you can be assured that we're under the imperious curse or being impersonated!"

Hermione let out a small giggle as she wiped away her tears and Mia grinned. "Of course, I'm pretty sure Harry would be able to convince you better," she teased and squealed when she felt a soft kick in her side from where Hermione kicked her.

"It's not funny!" Hermione shot at her, blushing and Mia grinned.

"Oh come on, the pair of you are so attracted to each other that you could light up the whole of the world with the chemistry between you!" Mia exclaimed and Hermione blushed even deeper before Mia's grin faded and she became serious once more. "I swear Hermione, none of us are going to hurt you like that, you can trust us and we'll be here for you, no matter how long it takes," Mia promised. Hermione smiled shyly before Mia grinned once more. "So, wanna come up to our house this summer?" she asked.

Harry was waiting at the bottom of the stairs when he heard footsteps and saw Mia coming down with a small soft smile.

"Hey," Harry greeted and Mia nodded in reply, causing Harry to stand alert. "What happened?" he asked and she shook her head.

"Hermione and I just had a talk about her being distant and all that," Mia explained and Harry sighed.

"How did it go?" he asked and she grinned.

"I told her that none of us were going to turn around and say that it was a mistake to be her friends and if it does happen, she can count on it being via impostors or imperious," Mia explained and Harry grinned.

"Do you think she believed you?" Harry asked and Mia shrugged.

"I don't know but I also told her that when she's ready, we'll be waiting right here for her, no matter what," Mia told him and Harry agreed.

"I'm gonna wait for her, you can go down to the Great Hall," Harry told her and Mia nodded as she kissed Harry's cheek before leaving the common room while Harry paced the front of the stairs once more when he heard footsteps.

He turned to see Hermione coming down the stairs and he stopped. "Hey," Harry greeted and Hermione's head snapped up and smiled when she saw him.

"Hey," she greeted.

"Mia told me," Harry explained and Hermione blushed slightly as she nodded when she came to a stop next to him. "She's right you know," Harry told her. "We're not just gonna drop you. We're not like that."

"I know, its just second nature," she admitted and Harry nodded. "I promise I'll work on it," she told him and he grinned.

"Now, would you like to accompany me to the Great Hall?" Harry asked, sticking out his elbow and Hermione smiled as she slipped her hand through his and they both made their way to the Great Hall for the end of term feast and for the awarding of the house cup.

Everyone was settled in their seats while the Slytherin were all smirking proudly while Draco was trying to hide his head behind his goblet at the whole thing while Harry looked on in amusement.

Dumbledore stood up as McGonagall tapped her goblet, causing everyone to settle down and look toward the head table.

"Another year gone," Dumbledore started. "And I now understand that the house cup needs awarding. In fourth place, with 292 points - Gryffindor. Third place, with 352 points - Hufflepuff. Second Place, with 426 points - Ravenclaw. And first place, with 472 points - Slytherin."

A loud cheer came from the Slytherin table while everyone else clapped slowly before they all turned to face the head table once more with Snape sitting there, satisfied with his house winning.

"Yes, Yes, well done Slytherin," Dumbledore told them as everyone calmed down. "But…" Snape's satisfied look started to fade and the Slytherin looked at Dumbledore at this. "Due to recent events, extra points need to be awarded." Everyone started whispering among themselves.

"I wish to award 50 points…to Miss Hermione Granger for her cool head and use of logic," Dumbledore told them and Hermione blushed like mad as Harry clapped her on the back while everyone whistled and cheered. "50 points to …Mr Ronald Weasley for his strategy at Wizard Chess." Ron just looked around, shocked at what had happened. "And 20 points to Miss Mia Black for her self sacrifice in order for good to win." Mia just rolled her eyes in annoyance before Dumbledore turned to Harry. "And 60 points to Mr Harry Potter for have the courage to go against something to save the school." Everyone cheered and they could hear the Gryffindor shouting that they were tied with Slytherin. "And not last, it takes a lot of courage to stand up to your enemies but it takes a deal lot more to stand up to your friends, I want to award 10 points to Mr Neville Longbottom."

Everyone, except the Slytherin, cheered. For the first time in ages, Gryffindor has won the house cup!

McGonagall clapped her hands at she smiled proudly at her house while Neville just sat there, stunned and frozen at what had happened.

"Now, I see there is a need of change of decorations," Dumbledore told them all as he clapped his hands and the Slytherin Banners changed itself into the Gryffindor Banners and everyone threw up their hats in happiness while the Slytherin just sat there, stumped over their loss of winning the house cup for the first time in years.

"I can't believe we've won the house cup!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Or the Quidditch cup," Ron added in as they made their way to the Gryffindor's common room for people to finish their packing for tomorrow, where they will be going home for the summer.

"I know," Mia told them with a shake of her head before smirking. "But I can't believe we're going home tomorrow!" she exclaimed and Harry laughed as they made their way over to the couch and chairs.

"I know, back home to our own beds and room," Harry told her and Mia sighed in contentment.

"I can't wait, my own bed in my own bedroom without sharing with anyone else," Mia told them. "Heaven."

"Yeah, I gotta agree with you there," Ron told her. "Though my house is kinda full." They smiled at him.

"I think it time we go to bed now, we need to get up early," Hermione explained and they all nodded in agreement as they made their way to their rooms and fell asleep, shattered from the day's activities.

The next day, when everyone was taking their trunks down to the hall to be taken to the train, they received their exams results and Harry was pleasantly surprised to see that he had faired well, and so had Ron, much to his relief. Hermione got full marks for the whole thing, much to Mia's amusement.

"At least mum isn't going to do her nut," Ron told him and Harry laughed as they made their way over to the carriages.

"At least we don't have to use the boat this time," Hermione told them as she climbed into one of the carriage and Mia grinned as she waved toward Neville, who was obviously delighted with the carriage.

"I think Neville agrees with you," Mia told her as she climbed in after Hermione and Ron grinned as he saw Neville climb into one of the carriage with Dean and Seamus.

"He hated the boat on the way, though it could be due to the squid," Ron stated as he climbed in and Harry laughed as he climbed in after Ron, holding on to Hedwig's cage as he did.

"I like the squid," Harry told them as he sat down and closed the door, placing Hedwig's cage in the middle of him and Hermione.

"Of course you would, he doesn't squirt water at you every time you walk by the damn lake," Ron grumbled out, causing Mia and Hermione to burst out laughing while Harry grinned. It seemed that the Squid was very fond of the Weasley boy and seemed to squirt water at him whenever he walked by but none of them knew what the squid was really feeling.

"It is quite funny when he does that," Mia admitted and Ron shot her a mock glare as the carriage started off. Harry looked down at Hedwig.

"Here girl," he cooed as he pulled out an owl treat for her and slipped it through the bars. She took it with a small hoot and a small nibble of his fingers. Harry hadn't wanted her to go off with the trunks and all that - she had been freaking out whenever Mrs Norris went near her and it made Harry worried enough that he decided to take her with him.

"It's good to be going home," Ron stated and Harry looked up at him and smiled in agreement.

"I have to agree, it's nice to relax from a year of havoc," Harry admitted and Mia sighed as rested her head on the headrest.

"Do you think we'll have a normal Voldemort free teacher next year?" Mia asked and Ron shuddered at the name.

"I sure hope so, I don't fancy bumping into another three-headed dog, devil snare, a massive wizard chess or any more dragons thank you," Ron told her and Mia grinned as Hermione shook her head.

"I seriously doubt we'll meet anymore dangerous animals next year," Hermione told him. "Beside, Harry defeated Voldemort this year, I doubt Voldemort will try and come back again."

"Hm, never underestimate evil, Hermione," Mia told her. "They always try and find some way to come back."

"Maybe they could give us a break," Ron suggested and they all stared at each other before laughing their heads off as the carriage came to a stop.

Hermione and Ron exited the carriage when Mia stopped Harry and pulled out her wand. She waved it over Harry and he frowned when he saw himself glowing purple.

"Tracking charm," he muttered and Mia nodded as she tapped Harry's head to dispel the charm. Then she waved her wand over herself and found herself glowing blue.

"Hm, they turned you into a portkey," Harry told her and she shot him an annoyed glare before tapping herself on the head, dispelling the charm. They exited it and moved over to the train, when Hagrid called out.

"Harry!" he called out and Harry looked over to him. "Can you come here a mo?" he asked and Harry nodded as he turned to the others.

"You go and grab a compartment, I'll be back soon," he told them and they nodded as Hermione took Hedwig and they all entered the train while Harry hurried over Hagrid. "Hey Hagrid."

"Here, I wanted to give you an early birthday present," Hagrid, told him as he handed a Harry a thick book. Harry took it and opened it only to smile when he saw a picture of his parents. James was holding baby Harry in his arms while Lily kissed the back of Harry's hand every now and then. Harry looked up at Hagrid.

"Thanks," he whispered and Hagrid nodded.

"You have a good summer, you hear me?" Hagrid asked and Harry hugged him, startling the kind giant before he smiled and patted Harry's back. Harry pulled away and hurried over the train, stepped in and slid the door shut before he made his way over to the compartment with his friends. He, Mia, Ron and Hermione stuck their heads out of the train window with the rest of the school and they all waved to Hagrid, who waved back.

They settled back in their seat and relaxed for the whole ride, laughing over the photographs in the photo albums that Harry had received and just talking about nothing.

Soon the train came to a halt outside the train station. They climbed off the Hogwarts Express and grabbed their trolleys with their stuff on it and made their way over to the barrier. Ron moved over to his family, where his mother, dad and little sister were standing off to one side, beaming at their son. Mia and Harry led the way over to a wall and pulled out a book and Mia tapped it twice with her wand.

"Harry and I are taking the portkey home, saves Dad from having to pick us up and getting captured by either Dumbledore or the Ministry," Mia explained to Hermione's curious look and Hermione gave an understanding smile.

"Hermione!" a female voice called out and everyone turned to see a tall man with black hair and brown eyes were standing next to a shorter female with deep brown eyes and long brown bushy hair, but it was more like curls than bushy.

"Those are my parents - I'd better go," Hermione told them and they nodded as Hermione moved closer to Harry.

"See you later Harry," Hermione told him before she reached up and kissed him on the cheek before hugging him and pulling away, a faint pink blush covering her cheek as she took a step back and Mia grinned when she saw Harry's dopey smile before looking at Hermione.

"You're definitely coming up this summer?" Mia asked and Hermione gave her thumbs up.

"Catch you later," she called back before getting into her parents' car and Mia grinned at Harry, who was now blushing as they took a hold of the book and was spirited away.

Now, the summer was going to be fun.

The End/TBC

Thanks to my Beta!


-->