Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 1 by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 1

spacegal

One questions, does Harry remind you of Ron in this story? I got a review saying that he was dangerously getting Ron's traits and that's not what I wanted. Please let me know if Harry is turning out like Ron.

Thanks for all the reviews.

Chapter 6: Lessons, Halloween, First Quidditch Match and A Secret Revealed.

The next morning, Harry and Mia made their way down to the Great Hall, this time with Ron accompanying them.

"So, he didn't even show up?" Ron asked Harry and Harry shook his head, lying.

"No, we think that Filch must have nearly caught up with him," Harry explained. He hated lying but he knew it was the only way to protect Draco's secret that they were like brothers in order to protect him from his father.

"No, it just means he a coward," Ron informed Harry as they stepped into the Great Hall and made their way over to the table. Mia scrunched her nose in annoyance at Ron before taking her seat across from Harry, who sat down next to Hermione.

"What class do we have?" Harry asked and Hermione looked at her timetable.

"Charms most of today," Hermione told him and he nodded as they filled their plates up, gearing themselves up for their lessons ahead of them.

They entered their Charms classroom. Hermione had been paired up with Ron while Harry was paired up with Seamus. Harry and Seamus were sitting next to Ron while Mia was sitting front of Harry and Seamus while being paired with Neville.

Professor Flitwick was a small wizard who was currently standing on top of a pile of books so he could see the class properly. He was instructing them on how to use the Levitating charm properly, not that everyone was getting it.

"You're doing it wrong," Hermione stated as she grabbed Ron's wrist to stop him from trying to poke someone eye out.

"You do it then if you're so smart," Ron shot at her and she glared at him before turning to her feather. She waved her wand before giving it a small flick at the end.

"Wingardium Leviosa," Hermione stated and her feather flew a few feet off her desk and hovered in the air.

"Oh well done Miss Granger!" Professor Flitwick praised excitedly while Ron glowered at Hermione before pushing his books aside and rested his head on the desk.

Meanwhile, Seamus lifted his wand and gave the same movement.

"Wingardium Leviosa," he cried only for a loud bang to come from his feather. Everyone turned to look and saw that Seamus' face was now black from soot and the side of Harry's face was covered as well.

"Jesus, what is it with you boys?" Mia demanded from where she was sitting in front of them while Professor Flitwick shook his head.

"I think we need another feather, professor," Harry stated as he looked at the teacher.

The class was let out and Harry found himself walking with Ron, Dean and Seamus. Ron was complaining about his class and a certain girl.

"No wonder anyone can't stand her," Ron grumbled. "She's a nightmare!" Dean and Seamus nodded in agreement while Harry shot Ron a look. He was about to speak up when all of a sudden he felt a bump against his shoulder and he turned to see Hermione walking away from them, very fast with tears clear on her cheeks.

"I think she heard you," Harry observed. Ron looked at her before scoffing. He was about to say something when he felt a hard bump against his arm and turned to see Mia glaring at him.

"Can you be anymore of an prat?" Mia snapped before shaking her head and hurried after Hermione, leaving them alone and Harry whistled.

"And you are now in her bad books," Harry informed Ron before clapping him on the back. "It was good to know you." Harry walked off, leaving Ron alone with Dean and Seamus, the three of them wondering what Harry meant.

Everyone entered the Great Hall for the Halloween feast. Harry was sitting in his usual spot and he looked at the empty space beside him before looking around.

"Does anyone know where Hermione is?" Harry asked. Neville turned to look at him before leaning in.

"Lavender and Parvati said that they found her in the girl's toilet, crying. She refused to come out," Neville explained, Harry looked at Mia, who nodded.

"Not even I could get her out. She said she wanted to be alone," Mia explained before shooting Ron another glare.

"I'll talk to her after the feast and see if I can sneak some food away," Harry told Mia, who nodded in return when all of a sudden the Great Hall doors were slammed open.

"TROLL!" a male voice shouted.

Everyone turned to see Professor Quirrell running through the Great Hall. "There's a troll in the dungeon!" he shouted and Professor Dumbledore stood up with the rest of the teachers. "Just thought you ought to know," Professor Quirrell stated before he fainted to the ground.

Everyone around Harry and Mia started screaming, they both looked at each other with a bored look.

"Quiet!" Dumbledore shouted and everyone jumped as they all turned to face him. "Prefects, please take your house to your dorms, teachers, follow me," Dumbledore ordered. Everyone followed his or her prefects when Mia grabbed Harry's arm.

"Hermione doesn't know," Mia hissed. Harry looked around before cursing.

"Come on, let's go and find her," Harry hissed as he and Mia slipped away from the line. Ron noticed them going off and chased after them.

"Where are you going?" Ron asked and Mia shot him a look.

"Why are you following us?" she asked and Ron glared at him.

"Because we're not suppose to be away from the prefects," Ron hurried after her as they rounded a corner into the corridor that led to the girl's bathroom when a stench hit their nose.

"Oh god!" Mia moaned as she covered her nose and mouth and all three of them backed back round the corner.

"I guess we can safely say it's now out of the dungeons," Harry informed them before looking back round and saw the troll heading into a room and fear started to coil in the pit of his stomach. "Mia, that's the girl's toilet, isn't it?" Harry asked and Mia nodded.

"Yeah, why?" she asked.

"Because the troll just went in it," Harry informed her and they both burst out from their hiding place ran over to the bathroom, Ron followed them at a much slower pace.

Harry and Mia burst into the bathroom only to cover their faces when wood started flying toward them. Harry turned and saw Hermione lying under the now smashed stalls, under the wood just as the troll lifted his club.

"Move!" Harry shouted. Hermione brushed the wood away only for her face to pale when she saw the troll preparing to bring the club down on her, when something hit the side of the troll's head.

Puzzled and disorientated, the troll turned to see Mia bouncing a rock in her hand.

"Move it," Mia shouted, keeping an eye on the troll. It swung around to face her, letting Hermione get up from under her pile and she ran behind the troll to the other side of the bathroom.

The troll swung around and brought his club around with him at the same time. Harry's eyes widen when he saw that Hermione was in the club's path.

"Hermione, MOVE!" Harry shouted as the troll swung his club toward Hermione. Hermione ducked down and hid under the sink just as a club hit the wall.

"Keep moving!" Mia shouted as Ron threw a piece of wood at the troll's head, hitting on the side while the troll swung the club once more and Hermione move from under her spot as she crawled over to where Harry and Mia was just when the club swung down and smashed the sink that Hermione had just left.

"Argh!" Hermione screamed as she covered her head from the flying porcelain of the sink.

"Keep moving Hermione, don't stop!" Mia shouted and Hermione made to move only for the club to smash down onto the sink that was next to hers, causing her to shriek and shrink back. "It's not gonna let her go, it wants her dead," Mia told Harry and Ron as they both looked around for something to distract the Troll but they couldn't find anything.

"What the hell can we do?" Ron exclaimed out, frustrated. "The woods and rocks are not keeping him confused enough for Hermione to get away!"

"Fuck it," Harry muttered as he shred his robes before taking a deep breath. He ran up behind the troll and jumped up till he leaned on the troll back. He grabbed his knife that was in his boot before reaching forward and ran the knife across the troll's neck.

The troll howled as it reached up with one hand and felt the blood trickling before it reached up and grabbed Harry's leg, swinging him off it's shoulder and upside down as it raised it's club and swung it across Harry, only for him to jerk his body up so the club missed him. When the club came back, Harry straightened his body out and looked at Mia.

"Do something!" Harry shouted and Mia flicked her wrist, causing her wand to shoot out from its holster and into her hand. She waved her wand and added a flick to the end.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Mia shouted and the troll's club was pulled out of his hand and lifted into the air while Harry stayed hanging upside down. The troll looked around, confused to what had happened to his club when Ron leaned into Mia.

"Drop it on his head," Ron suggested and Mia nodded as she cut the spell, letting it dropped down onto the troll's head as hard as it could, causing the troll to drop Harry, hard, onto the ground.

"Ouch," Harry moaned as he laid on his back only to hear a gasp. He looked up and saw that the troll was swaying dangerously. He started scrambling backward as fast as he could till he reached safety just as the troll dropped down on to the same place Harry had been. "That was too close," Harry muttered as he got up and brushed his clothes and picked up his robes.

Hermione hurried over to them, still shaking from the aftermath.

"Hey, you okay?" Mia asked as she touched the girl's elbow and got a nod in reply.

"Thanks," Hermione whispered and Harry shook his head.

"No problem," Harry stated while Ron moved closer.

"How the hell did a troll get in here in the first place?" Ron demanded when the bathroom door was flung open once more, revealing Professor McGonagall, Professor Snape and Professor Quirrell.

McGonagall gasped as one hand covered her base of her throat when she saw the kids covered in dust and the troll lying on the floor, a large redness spot started to appear on the head and she could see blood trailing out under the troll's body.

"What happened here?" she demanded. "Why are you not in your common room?"

"Hermione was upset earlier and she hid in here. When Professor Quirrell came in, screaming about the Troll, we realised that she didn't know," Harry explained.

"And we couldn't find a prefect or a teacher anywhere so we went after her ourselves, thinking that the Troll was heading for the dungeons only to be forced to rescues Hermione when the Troll made it's way into the bathroom," Mia backed up and they all looked at her.

"This has got to be the most foolish thing I have ever seen in my entire life!" she scolded them and they looked down at their feet. "Five points…awarded each, for sheer stupidity," she told them and they looked at each other, smiling slightly before they looked back up at the teachers. "Now go to bed and don't let me see you till tomorrow," she ordered them and the kids nodded as they hurried out of the bathroom, leaving the teachers alone to deal with the troll.

"That was a close one," Harry stated and Mia nodded in agreement as she looked over at Hermione.

"Let's go to bed," Mia told them as she helped Hermione over to their dormitories. "See you in the morning," she called back.

"Later," Harry called back as he led the way up the boys' room.

"How did you guys managed to stay cool through out that?" Ron asked and Harry shrugged.

"Guess we all have different reflexes," Harry told him as he moved over to his bed and pulled on his PJs before climbing into his bed as Ron did the same.

"Yeah, I guess," Ron, agreed before looking at Harry. "Night," he told Harry before switching his light off. Harry nodded.

"Night," Harry repeated as he switched his light off and lay back down on the bed and breathed heavily. He had managed to squeak by that one and he needed to have a talk with Mia soon. People were beginning to get suspicious about their actions and they couldn't afford to give anything else away too quickly.

With this in mind, Harry took his glasses off and sat them on the bedside table before letting sleep overtake him, washing away the day before.

"Hey, you okay?" Harry asked from where he was standing at the bottom of the stairs the next morning. Hermione's head snapped up and she met Harry's concerned green eyes and blushed slightly.

"Yeah, thanks," she told him and Harry shook his head.

"Don't mention it, just glad you are okay," Harry told her and she nodded as they turned to see Mia coming down the stairs.

"Hey guys," she greeted and they nodded back before Mia looked at Harry. "It's somebody's first game today," she teased and Harry paled slightly.

"Don't remind me," Harry muttered and Mia rolled her eyes as she stepped to Harry's left and hooked her arm through his, Harry lifted out his other one to Hermione, who took with a small smile and a laugh as they made their way out of the common room.

"Why not?" Mia asked as they made their way down the corridor before looking at Harry as understanding dawned on her. "Oh don't tell me you're scared!" she exclaimed.

"Mia, of all the time I played Quidditch, it was with you," Harry informed her, leaving Draco out. "Not in front of the entire school," he reminded and she nodded.

"I think you'll be fine," Hermione spoke up and they looked at her. "You did well when you went chasing after Neville's Remembrall and that was in front of us. Just forget the school is there and concentrate on having fun," Hermione advised and Mia nodded in agreement.

"She is the smartest witch so far, you are best off taking her advice," Mia told Harry and he laughed as he let go of their arms only to wrap his arms around their shoulders, pulling them into a sideway hug.

"You girls are too much for me," Harry teased, causing them both to laugh.

"Does this mean we're friends now?" Hermione asked and they both looked at her, stunned.

"Yes!" they both exclaimed and Hermione smiled.

"Then that means I get to tell Harry he has to eat a breakfast or he'll pass out while flying?" she asked in a teasing tone and Mia laughed as Harry pushed Hermione, teasingly.

"And here's me thinking that I would at least have someone on my side," Harry grumbled, good-naturedly.

"Sorry, girls have to stick together," Hermione informed Harry as she and Mia stepped forward, links arms together and made their way into the Great Hall, leaving Harry shaking his head as he followed. They saw Ron sitting at the table, his plate filled up.

"Hungry much?" Mia asked in amusement. Harry had noticed that Mia had become a lot warmer to Ron now that he helped to save Hermione and Ron arched an eyebrow at her.

"Hell yeah!" Ron stated as he shoved another piece of sausage into his mouth while Hermione wrinkled her nose as she sat in her usual spot with Harry sitting next to her. Mia took up her place next to Ron and filled out her plate. "How you feeling about the Quidditch Match?" Ron asked, once he swallowed his food. Harry shrugged as his picked at his breakfast and Ron frowned. "Relax mate, you'll be fine."

"As long you eat some food. We can't have you passing out on the pitch," Hermione stated with a warning look at Harry.

"I'm not really hungry," Harry admitted and she sighed.

"Just some toast or something. The last thing we need is you passing out," Hermione informed him while Ron looked at Mia with an amused look on his face. She covered her mouth to stifle her laughers.

There was a screech and everyone looked up to see Hedwig flying toward Harry, carrying a large package. She stopped above Harry and dropped the package before flying down and settled herself on the table.

"Here you go girl," Mia greeted as she handed Hedwig some bacon, who took it with a small hoot and Hermione smiled before looking at Harry.

"It's a bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione asked and Harry shrugged.

"Let's open it," Ron told them and all four moved over and helped Harry's to tear the package, revealing a broom.

"It's a broomstick!" Hermione exclaimed and Ron shook his head.

"That's not any broomstick, that's a Nimbus 2000!" Ron exclaimed and Mia looked at Harry, who looked back at her and pointed his index finger at her.

"You told him!" Harry accused and Mia smirked.

"Yes!" Mia shot back with a grin. "He was excited when he found out that you were on the team that he went out and bought you this broom," Mia explained.

"Who?" Ron asked and Mia turned to face him.

"Dad," she explained and Ron nodded in understanding before whistling.

"You do realise that you will get to beat Slytherin with this, no problem," Ron stated and Harry grinned as he picked up the broom.

"I think that was Uncle Sirius's intentions," Harry stated and Mia nodded.

"Yeah, he had been keeping up with the match here and it turns out that Gryffindor haven't really won a game since Ron's brother, Charlie was a seeker," Mia explained and Ron looked at her, shocked.

"Really?" he asked and Mia nodded.

"Yeah, mostly due to the fact that Slytherin use brute force while making sure it's within the book rules so they can't get called off," Mia explained and Ron shook his head.

"No pressure on you mate," Ron stated and Harry laughed weakly as he looked at his watch.

"Oh, I gotta go, the match's gonna start soon," he informed them. "Meet you there?" he asked and they nodded before Hermione shoved a piece of buttered toast into his hand.

"Eat it!" she ordered them. Harry laughed as he grabbed his broom before rushing out of the Great Hall with the rest of the Quidditch team behind him, eating the toast.

"Yes mum," Mia stated and Ron laughed while Hermione blushed bright red before shuffling through her bag. "Hermione, you do realise we don't have class today?" she teased and Hermione's head snapped up and blushed again while Ron shook his head in amusement as they all turned back to their food as Hedwig left for the owerly.

Harry made his way near the pitch, dressed in his Quidditch outfit. He wore red trousers and red top, Quidditch boots, knees guards, arm guards and wrist guards. His red cloak flared out slightly as he clutched his broom and walked over to the doors next to Oliver.

"It's going to be okay," Oliver told him and Harry looked up at him. "I was nervous too before my first match too."

"What happened?" Harry asked and Oliver narrowed his eyes slightly.

"Don't remember, I took a bludger to the head and woke up in the Hospital wing a week later," he admitted and Harry turned back to face the doors with even more panic reflected on his face. Fear raced through his body as the doors opened.

"And now for the Gryffindor team!" the announcer shouted and the players got on their broom and shot into the air. "The Three Chasers - Johnson, Bell and Spinnet!" Harry looked over and saw it was Fred and George's best friend, Lee Jordan who was announcing the Quidditch game. "Weasley and Weasley for the Beaters!" The twins swooped down and waved their beaters at everyone. "Wood for Keeper!" Wood moved over to the middle. "And Potter for Seeker!" Everyone screamed with Mia, Ron and Hermione in the middle.

"Captains, Front and Centre!" Hooch called out. Wood and the Slytherin Captain, Marcus Flint, moved into the middle and shook hands before moving away. "Now, I want a nice and clean game," Hooch warned them before she kicked the trunk.

The two bludgers shot into the air with the Snitch following. It rounded Harry's head before circling the Slytherin Seeker's head, then shot off. Hooch picked up the quaffle and threw it high into the air before blasting her whistle. Angelina Johnson took possession of the quaffle straight away, starting the game into motion.

Wood blocked any scores that the Slytherin Chasers tried to make, causing Flint to growl in frustration as he moved over to a beater and grabbed his bat.

"Give me that," Flint snarled just as a bludger came near him and he whacked it as hard as he could, causing the bludger to make it's way over to Wood.

"WOOD, WATCH OUT!" Harry shouted and Oliver looked up only to gasp as the bludger hit him in the stomach, sending him spiralling toward the ground.

"Gryffindor Keeper is now out of action!" Lee shouted, as Snape shifted in his seat. A small smile of satisfaction appeared on the Potion Master's lips while McGonagall looked worried and concerned.

"GET THE SNITCH AS SOON AS YOU CAN!" Mia shouted as Harry passed the stand. Harry nodded as he caught sight of it and chased after with the Slytherin Seeker hot on his heel, when Flint blocked Harry's way, sending Harry spiralling out of control as he held onto his broom for dear life.

"Flint blocked Potter!" Lee shouted.

"FOUL!" Everyone from the Gryffindor stand screamed in rage. Madam Hooch made her way into the air and shouted at Flint before telling the Gryffindor to take a free shot, which they won.

"Red Card! Send him off Ref, Red Card!" Dean shouted and Mia buried her head into her hand as she bit back her laughter.

"It's not football, Dean!" Mia exclaimed as she brought her head up before looking at Harry, who was now acting weird.

"I don't know what Harry thinks he's doing," Hagrid stated as he watched Harry buck about on his broom, holding on as tight as he could. Hermione moved the binoculars from Harry's form toward the teachers' stand and saw Snape staring at Harry, muttering under his breath as fast as he could. She gasped as she pulled the binoculars away and turned to face Ron and Mia.

"It's Snape, he's jinxing the broom!" Hermione hissed out, Mia and Ron looked at her.

"What do we do?" Ron asked and Hermione thought about it before her eyes widen.

"Leave it to me," Hermione told them before she pushed her way though the stands and ran down the stairs.

"Leave what to her?" Mia asked, as she looked at Ron, who shrugged back before they both looked at Harry, whose broom was still bucking like mad.

"What ever she has to do, I hope she does it fast," Ron stated.

Hermione made her way over to Teacher stands and ran up the stairs till she reached the step where Snape's feet were. She took a deep a breath before pulling out her wand and pointed it at the hem of his cloak.

"Incendio!" she hissed and a blue flame shot out and landed onto Snape's robes, where it started to flame up. She pulled away and ran down the steps away from the teachers before they noticed her there.

Snape was too busy concentrating on Harry that he didn't even noticed smoke coming from his feet. One of the teachers noticed and rested his hand on Snape's shoulder as everyone else turned into see what was going on.

"You're on fire!" the man told Snape, who looked down at his robes and jumped up, knocking the man over, who knocked into Quirrell. Snape stamped out the fire before looking up at Harry once more.

Harry got himself back onto his broom and chased after the Slytherin seeker, Terence Higgs. They both ended up shoulder to shoulder as the snitch dropped down, causing them both to follow the golden orb toward the ground.

The Slytherin seeker paled when he saw the ground coming up fast - he and Harry looked at each other before he pulled up. Harry kept going till he reached the ground. He levelled his broom and let it fly over the grass while he got up onto his feet, balancing himself on the slender handle.

One arm was out stretched; the snitch was right in front of him, but out of reach. Harry took one step forward, causing the broom to tip. Harry went flying and landed on the ground, rolling a few inches before he came to a stop.

Everyone stood up with a gasp as Harry stood up, his hands over his stomach.

"It looks like he's going to be sick!" Hagrid exclaimed as Hermione rushed over to the stands and looked down. Mia smirked as understanding dawned on her as everyone on the pitch stopped what they were doing and watched Harry.

"He swallowed it," Mia stated as Harry coughed the snitch up and it showed up into his hands. He cupped the snitch and lifted his arm into the air and waved it so everyone could see it.

Everyone, apart from Slytherin and Professor Snape, cheered like mad. For the first time in a long time, Gryffindor has won a match.

"Way to go Harry!" Oliver shouted from where he was sitting on the bench due to Madam Pomfrey fixing him up. All the remaining Gryffindor players landed on the pitch and ran over to Harry; the twins lifted him up on to their shoulders and he continued to wave the snitch.

"Oh thank god," Hermione moaned as she rested the side of her head on the wooden stand and took a deep breath as relief ran through her body like a soothing balm. She had a feeling that she wasn't going to last through these games.

When Harry had washed and changed into his school clothes, he met up with Hermione, Mia and Ron outside the changing lockers and they joined up with Hagrid.

"Good game," Hagrid told Harry and Harry grinned.

"Thanks," Harry told him and Ron smirked.

"Good catch," Ron stated and Harry blushed as Hermione, Mia, Ron and Hagrid burst into laughers as he rolled his eyes.

"That's gonna go down as one of the most brilliant catch," Mia stated before shaking her head. "How you managed to swallow it is beyond me," she told him and Harry laughed.

"I have no idea either," Harry admitted.

"By the way, with your broom?" Hermione started and Harry nodded as he looked at her. "It was Snape, he was jinxing you."

"What?" Harry demanded.

"He was muttering under his breath and he kept eye contact with your broom the whole time," Hermione explained and Hagrid sighed.

"It's impossible - Snape is a Professor. He's not going around jinxing people's broom," Hagrid informed her.

"I read up on all about jinxes," Hermione told him. "He never broke eye contact with Harry at all!"

"He's a professor. I can't see him jinxing someone broom," Hagrid shook his head as he led the way into the school.

"And I think we have mixed up views about everyone," Mia stated as she followed the giant into the Great Hall and they moved over to their table while Hagrid moved over to the High table.

"Great game Harry!" everyone cheered as they sat down and Harry grinned once more. Harry looked up and saw McGonagall smiling at him with a pleased look before she turned back to her food. Harry faced his house as they all talked about the catch.

Once their dinner was finished they followed the prefects up to their common room, talking about the match and how they had beaten Slytherin for the first time in ages.

Once there, they found tables of food and drinks. They all turned around to face Wood, who grinned.

"Let's Party!" Wood shouted and everyone cheered as they raised their glasses. "To Harry Potter, the best seeker there is and for catching the snitch with his mouth!" Oliver stated and everyone laughed while Harry rolled his eyes with an amused smile on his face.

"Crazy nutters," Mia muttered as she took a sip of her drink, causing Ron to spit out his drink in laughers and Hermione to shake her head in amusement.

Finally, the party was finished and everyone made their way into the dormitories, ready to sleep after an eventful fun day.

"You do realise that Dad is going to find this funny, right?" Mia asked Harry as she led the way up the stairs and Harry smirked.

"He'll never let it go," Harry stated and Mia laughed as she and Hermione made their way into the dormitory while Ron and Harry made their way up into the boys' room, changed into their p.j.'s. And fell fast asleep, dead to the world.

Hermione woke up when she heard slightly shuffling. She turned her head and saw that Mia's bed was empty. She sat up and looked around to see the door closing. Curious, she got out of bed and pulled on her robe before creeping over to the door. She opened it slightly and peeked. She saw Harry and Mia meeting each other - they both spoke in low hushed tones before they moved out of her sight.

Hermione opened the door wider before stepping into the small hall and closed it behind her. She moved nearer toward the bottom steps but made sure she stayed hidden as she peeked round the corner and saw Harry and Mia leaving the common room. Frowning, she looked at her watch and saw it was after 1 in the morning before looking up once more, wondering where they were going at this time of the night.

She resolved herself and hurried after them. She caught sight of the pair rounding the corner before she caught up with them, but made sure that was she was slightly behind so they wouldn't catch her.

Hermione slowly made her way behind Harry and Mia as they both stalked their way through Hogwarts halls. She stopped when they stopped and hid around a corner, keeping her out of sight.

She heard laughing and a familiar male voice, though she couldn't place it anywhere. Curiosity got the better of her.

Hermione peeked round the corner and saw Harry laughing at something Draco was saying. Mia spun her head around and smiled when saw caught sight of Hermione peeking around the corner.

"Hey Hermione," she greeted, causing the two boys to turn and look at her. Hermione stepped out of the shadows with a sheepish grin on her face, an embarrassed blush gracing her cheeks.

"Oh look Potter, we have another rule breaker," Draco stated with glee as he moved over to Hermione and Harry laughed.

"Lay off her Malfoy," Harry shot back as he pushed Draco away from the bushy haired girl, who was looking at them with a curious gaze.

"I thought you two hated each other?" she asked and Mia laughed as she moved closer.

"Good acting isn't it?" she asked and Hermione looked at her, puzzled. "Listen -Draco, I and Harry are cousins. We faked hating each other just so that Draco's father won't get suspicious. He supports Voldemort and wants Draco to follow in his footsteps," Mia explained.

"I told Mom that I didn't want to support Voldemort. She agrees with me and it turned out that she was in secret contact with Uncle Sirius my whole childhood. She would take me to visit them. Dad was always busy so he never notices anything," Draco added.

"As Aunt Cissy doesn't support Voldemort either - she helps Uncle Sirius to train us for when the confrontation with Voldemort comes to head," Harry finished and Hermione looked at him, stunned.

"Are you saying that Voldemort…" she trailed off and he nodded.

"Yep, Voldemort will come back - we just know it as I'm marked," Harry shrugged as he pointed at his scar.

"But you killed him!" she exclaimed and Mia smiled, sadly.

"Hermione," Mia called and she looked at her. "Evil never truly dies," she pointed out and Hermione's shoulders slumped down, defeated, and Harry felt for the girl.

"I like her, can we keep her?" Draco asked, causing everyone to look at him and Harry laughed as he looked at Mia.

"How about it?" Harry asked. "You won't be the only girl in the group," he tempted and Mia punched Harry on the shoulder with a teasing grin before looking at Hermione and nodding.

"Sure, wanna join us?" she asked and Hermione arched an eyebrow.

"Just what do you do?" she asked and Draco grinned as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"Lots of spells, spells that are too advance for a first year," Draco tempted. Harry wrapped his arm over Draco's arm, circling Hermione's shoulder, causing her to look at him.

"We learn how to use weapons, swords, knifes, guns," Harry tempted and Hermione turned to Mia and Mia winked.

"And we basically get to kick ass," Mia stated and Hermione looked at the three of them before making up her mind. She nodded.

"I want in," she told them and the boys whooped as they smacked high fives and Mia held out her hand, palm down, Harry placed his on top, Hermione placed her on top of Harry and Draco's placed his on top of Hermione.

"We solemnly swear we are up to no good," they chanted together and Hermione let out a gasp as a searing pain shot through the small of her back, she pulled away from the gang and rubbed the small of her back and she noticed the gang was looking excited.

"Come on, let's see what you got," Mia stated and Hermione arched her eyebrow before turning around and lifting up her p.j. Top, she turned her head and gasped when she saw a tattoo of a white tiger on the small of her back and Mia nodded as she bent closer to inspect. "That's cool," she stated and Hermione spun around.

"What does that mean?" she asked.

"Means you're a major part of this gang. Your main animagus is a white tiger but don't worry, you can change into any animal you want," Harry explained. Hermione looked at him, stunned.

"An animagi?" she asked and Draco smiled.

"Looks like we have eager student," Draco stated and Hermione blushed slightly.

"Don't worry about it too much. We'll teach you everything but you'll need to come with us home for the holidays. Dad and Aunt Cissy will want to meet you and they can give you proper training on animagi," Mia told her and Hermione nodded.

"When can I get to meet them?" she asked and Mia looked at the boys before looking at her.

"Earliest, Christmas, latest, summer, depends on your parents," Mia told her and Hermione nodded.

"I'll ask if I can come up to your house for Christmas, but I don't have an owl," she admitted.

"Use Hedwig, she loves taking mails," Harry told her and Draco looked at him.

"You need to change her colouring," Draco warned and Harry nodded.

"Why?" Hermione asked, curiously and Mia turned to face Hermione.

"You know of Sirius Black right?" she asked and Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Everyone know that he is your parent and supposedly kidnapped Harry Potter and supposedly was working for Voldemort and turned Harry's parents over to him," she told them, only for them to gape at her when they heard her tone of non believing. "Seriously, I hardly think he was going to turn over your mother and you if he was really working for Voldemort," Hermione stated. "It's pretty well known how much your father loved your mother so there is no way he would have deliberately put her in danger if he was working for Voldemort so thus, it means that he wasn't working for Voldemort and someone else was."

"She did her homework," Draco stated and Harry nodded while Mia grinned.

"And I have a feeling that you and I are going to become good friends," Mia stated, causing Hermione to blush slightly.

"And we've found the fourth," Harry stated and Mia nodded as she looked at Hermione, who was looking at them curiously.

"What colour did your wand spit out when you first touched it?" Mia asked.

"Blue," Hermione told her and was startled when the trio whooped.

"We're gonna be so unbeatable," Draco stated, causing Hermione to arch an eyebrow at them.

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

"Okay, Harry's wand spat out red, mine spat out yellow, Draco's spat out green and yours spat out blue; put them together and you get what?" Mia asked.

"The House colours," Hermione stated with a gasp and Harry nodded.

"Plus, it means we get to control the elements, mine will be fire, Draco's earth, Mia's weather and yours water," Harry explained.

"Still one missing though," Mia stated and they looked at her. "Spirit but I don't think that person is here yet," she explained and Harry nodded.

"How do you know these things?" Hermione demanded.

"Prophecy my dear," Draco told her and Hermione looked at him. "We know that Harry is destined to fight Voldemort, that's why we're in training. Voldemort is gonna come back and Harry is the only one to stop him. There was another one that stated the four corner of the earth will meet together, trust, loyalty, friendship and love and they will have the ability to control the elements but at the same time as danger rises. It rambles on about having to face challenges and obstacles and such. There's one missing but they'll come when they're ready," Draco explained.

"You believe in that?" Hermione asked and Mia shrugged.

"Came true so far hasn't it?" Mia asked. "Harry was born as the July month came to an end to parents who escaped Voldemort three time and Voldemort marked Harry as his equal to fight him in the final fight," Mia explained. "And in the four of us."

"Okay, I got it," Hermione told them, holding up her hands. "The elements?" Hermione asked and Mia grinned.

"Yeah, I can control the weather slightly but it's connected to my emotions," Mia explained and Hermione nodded.

"So, I'm connected to water?" Hermione asked and Mia nodded. "Hm, makes sense, I never could get enough of water," she explained and Draco snorted.

"Just like Mia, she needs to be forced out of the air or water, depending on where she is," Draco informed Hermione only to get a sharp nudge in his gut from Mia. "Ow!" Draco snapped from where he rubbed his stomach, glaring at Mia while Harry turned to face Hermione with a shake of his head.

"Ignore them. I don't let them out of their cages very much," Harry remarked and got double glares at him in return while Hermione thought about their actions over the last few months.

"What's up with you three and Professor Dumbledore?" Hermione asked, curiously and Harry looked at them both. Draco gave a shrug while Mia nodded while reaching over and hitting Draco in the shoulder, causing him to jerk away from her and gave her a glare of annoyance as he rubbed his shoulder.

"You're suppose to agree," Mia told him and got a tongue stuck out in return as Harry turned to face Hermione and smiled when he saw that she was looking at them, amused.

"Uncle Sirius doesn't trust Dumbledore," Harry told her and she looked at him. "There has been way too many unanswered questions and he dropped me off at my relatives' house, the same ones who hated my mum and dad."

"How do you mean?" Hermione asked.

"Let just say, if Dad hadn't picked up Harry from the Dursleys, he wouldn't be the same person right now," Mia told her and Hermione nodded, she wanted more answers but let it go.

"So, your dad has been training you for the war?" she asked and Draco nodded.

"Yeah, Uncle Sirius and mom have been training us. We go through muggle weapons, such as tasers, guns, crossbows, swords, knifes and all that," Draco told her.

"We learn defence too, like boxing and such. That way we're not defenceless if we don't have a weapon on us," Mia added in.

"And he taught us magic as well, and what spells to use," Harry finished and Hermione sat back on her seat.

"Wow," she whispered and Mia grinned.

"Hey, don't worry, you'll learn but there is something you need to know," Mia told her and Hermione looked at her. "You will be killing."

"What?" Hermione asked as she looked at Mia and the three of them sighed.

"You will have to kill, when the death eaters come back, you will need to kill them. You can't hesitate at any point because they will kill you," Harry explained.

"But Killing is…"

"Bad?" Draco finished and Hermione nodded. "Forget it, in war, it's kill or be killed. And you won't be using magic, you will be using weapons."

"Why not magic?" Hermione asked.

"Because another death eater can just end the spell. Use weapons and you are cutting off any chance they have. It's not easy to grow back another body part while fighting," Mia explained and Hermione nodded. "Will you be able to handle it?"

"I don't know, I mean, all my life I was brought up to believe that killing is bad and Dumbledore goes on about how everyone deserves a second chance, no matter what," Hermione explained and Draco snorted.

"Don't listen to him when he says that. He's doing that to get to us and to get us to give Uncle Sirius up and to come to his side," Draco explained. "He's scared of us."

"Why?" Hermione asked.

"Because we're not under his control. We don't think he is wise and all knowing," Mia stated.

"Hm," Hermione agreed and Harry looked at her.

"Are you okay?" he asked. "I know its must be a pretty big shock to have this dropped on top of you all at the one time. Mia, Draco and I pretty much got it in separate blows," he explained and Hermione nodded with a reassuring smile.

"I'll be fine," she told him and Harry nodded as Mia felt a warm spot on her wrist and lifted her wrist up and revealed her watch that had been charmed to warm her skin anytime it was too dangerous to be out of the common room.

"Time for bed before someone comes along and catches us," Mia stated and Draco nodded.

"Are we're gonna head home for Christmas or do you want to stay here?" Draco asked and Harry shrugged.

"I guess we just need to wait and see," Harry stated and everyone nodded as they all made their way over to the stairs. Draco waved before he hurried over to the dungeons and the Slytherin Common Room while Mia, Harry and Hermione made their way up to the Gryffindor tower.

"You know, never in a million years I would have believed you three were like brothers and sisters," Hermione stated and Harry grinned.

"Tell me about it," Harry stated and Mia shrugged.

"Hey, we have another sister," Mia stated as she gave Hermione a one arm hug as they made their way over to the Fat Lady. She gave the password and they entered the common room as the portrait closed behind them.

"Erm…" Harry and Hermione stuttered out before looking at each other and blushing slightly as Mia looked at them amused.

"Of course, that could change later in the years," Mia stated before grinning innocently at them before heading into the girls' dormitory, leaving Harry and Hermione alone and blushing.

"You know, we should really go to bed," Harry stuttered and Hermione nodded. They both looked each other before rushing into their rooms.

Hermione made her way over to her bed and laid down on it before she looked over at Mia, who giggled. Hermione rolled her eyes and pulled the pillow over her face. She had a feeling she was going to be blushing for a long time.

Harry made his way over to his bed and climbed into it. He thought back to what Mia told them and groaned as he pulled his pillow over his face.

He was never going to live this down.

TBC

Thanks to my beta for helping me out.