Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 1 by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 1

spacegal

A/N: I know some people are confused about the weapons and tattoos, that they are holes but I wanted to let you know, it will be slowly revealed over the stories, I can't give you the whole plot in one chapter.

Thanks for the reviews.

Chapter 4: Happy Birthday and Hogwarts

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" a male and female voice cried out as the bed bounced, startling the unconscious victim out of his sound sleep.

Harry jerked awake and lifted his hand, causing a bright light to shoot out and two thumps to be heard. He reached over and grabbed his glasses, put them on and turned to see Draco and Mia, who were both in their PJs, were pinned to the wall.

"I told you we shouldn't have startled him," Draco groused to Mia, who rolled her eyes.

"Get over it," she shot at him. "He's the birthday boy, we're suppose to be giving him a surprise," she reminded.

"A surprise, not a heart attack," Harry stated from where he was sitting in his bed, looking at the two of them. He lifted his hand once more and lowered to them to the floor. They landed on their feet before running over to the bed and jumped on it, sitting down next to Harry as they handed him the presents.

"Happy birthday Harry!" they both greeted and he chuckled as he took the presents.

"You two are insane," he informed them and they laughed.

"Who's been looking after us?" Draco asked and they all giggled, understanding what Draco had meant. He had been referring to Sirius looking after them.

"Come on, open your presents!" Mia told Harry, pushing at his shoulders and he smiled as he pulled his presents closer to him. He opened the one Mia had gotten him and saw it was the Silent Hill Dvd and The Suffering X-box game.

"Oh yeah, when did you get them?" Harry asked and Mia grinned.

"The wonders of the internet - you can buy anything online and they send it straight to your house," Mia informed him.

"Thanks!" Harry told her as Draco took the game out of Harry's hand.

"We've gotta play this as soon as possible," Draco stated and Harry grinned as he opened his present from Draco and saw it a collection of small knifes.

"How did you know?" Harry asked.

"Mia. She saw you on the Internet when you looking at them. She looked over your shoulder, and I decided to get them for you," Draco told him and Harry nodded

"You guys are the best!" Harry told them as he reached out and enveloped them both in hugs, causing them all to laugh.

There was a knock at the door and they turned to see Sirius standing there, tying his robe.

"Hey, Happy Birthday Harry," Sirius told him before winking. "I've got presents down the stairs for you."

"Oh yeah!" Harry exclaimed as he scrambled out of bed and bolted out of the door with Draco and Mia hot on his heels.

"Watch it!" Sirius exclaimed as he jumped out of the way from the children.

Narcissa was sitting on the dining room chair at the table, reading the papers when she heard a rumbling sound. She turned to face the doorway and saw the kids running into the kitchen.

"Morning kids," she called out and they immediately slowed down and walked into the Dining Room.

"Morning Aunt Narcissa," Mia and Harry chimed.

"Morning mom," Draco told her as they moved over to the table where they saw presents lying on it.

"Happy birthday, Harry," Narcissa told him and Harry shot her a bright grin.

"Thanks," he told her as he sat down and pulled his presents toward him. He ripped into the biggest one only for the light to shine dully on the present and Harry's eyes to widen as his jaw, slowly, dropped open.

"Oh…wow," Harry whispered when he stood up and lifted the double-ended blade that he and the rest had been admiring when they were down in Diagon alley.

"Oh yeah," Draco agreed when Sirius pulled out another two parcels and put them in front of Draco and Mia.

"Mia, that's an early birthday present, Draco, a belated birthday present," Sirius explained, the two of them looked at each other with a grin on their faces before they tore into their presents and pulled out the weapons, the same ones as Harry.

"This has got to be the best birthday ever," Harry stated with glee in his voice. Narcissa and Sirius looked at each other with amused expressions before they turned back to face the kids.

"You kids would think that," Sirius stated as Harry turned back to the rest of his presents and proceed to rip into them.

After Harry had finished opening all his presents, the kitchen door swung open and the house elves stepped through, bringing breakfast.

"Thanks," Sirius told them as they placed the plates on the table, letting the kids dig in to their breakfast

"Will you quit trying to nick her breakfast?" Harry demanded, pulling his plate away from the fork.

"She never eats it all!" Draco whined and Harry shot him a 'oh, bad move' look before looking at Mia with a hint of dread on his face.

"Excuse me, I do eat all my food. You're the one who keeps nicking it!" Mia snapped as she yanked her fork out of the table, glaring at him. "And next time, I won't miss," she promised.

"Nice to know you," Harry stated with a clap on Draco's back before turning back to his breakfast while Draco stared at Mia, stunned.

Narcissa and Sirius looked at each other with amusement shining on their faces. It was the same thing nearly every morning but it never stopped being entertaining.

"You need to stop ticking off Mia. One of these days she will get you good," Sirius warned when he finished his breakfast.

"Wonder what that'll be," Harry murmured, mostly to himself as he finished his breakfast and washed it down with his pumpkin juice.

"You never know when I could get payback," Mia stated with a deadly glint in her eyes as she looked at Draco. "I mean; it could be now, tomorrow, a few weeks or even a few years from now."

"You wouldn't do anything to me," Draco stated confidently and Harry looked at him, puzzled.

"Mate, you do remember the last time you said that?" Harry asked and Draco shot him a glare as the memory came back to him.

"I hate you," Draco muttered and Harry gave him a grin.

"You love me," Harry teased only to get a punch in the shoulder. "Oi!"

"Behave," Narcissa warned as she watched the house elves come through and take the plates away before the light dimmed slightly.

The kitchen door opened once more and saw see Dee-Di making her way out of the kitchen.

"Okay, cake time!" Dee-Di called out as she came out with the birthday cake in her hands.

"Here, I'll give you a hand," Sirius told her as he reached down and took the cake and placed it on the table. Dee-Di snapped her fingers and the candles lit up.

Harry moved closer to the cake and saw it a picture of the Quidditch ground with the players moving.

"Nice," Mia stated before nudging Harry. "Make a wish birthday boy."

Harry leaned down, he closed his eyes and made his wish before opening them and blew the candles out all in the one go.

"Yeah!" Draco and Mia cheered. "Let hope your wish comes true," Draco stated as he moved over to the table, Mia nodded as she followed Draco while Harry stood back and smiled slightly.

"Me too," he whispered before he hurried over. "Don't eat all the cake!"

Narcissa and Sirius sat back and watched the kids play with their battle-axes and Sirius shook his head. He couldn't believe that Harry is now eleven. Where had the time gone? Now they were going to go off to Hogwarts. As much as he was impressed and proud, there was still that niggling fear at the back of mind telling him that if the kids went, they were just going to be put in more danger. He couldn't let the fear run his life but he couldn't help but wish that he could keep them with him longer for their protection.

"They'll be fine Sirius - we've trained them well. Besides, it's good for them to go to Hogwarts. This way they can show the world that they're not the little children they think the kids will be," Narcissa told him, knowing what he was thinking. Sirius looked at her sadly in agreement. "Besides, it'll be a real eye-opener for the professors when they see how trained the kids are and for Dumbledore to see the kids independent - even though they think Harry is dead at the moment," she informed him bitterly. The wizarding world was just a coward in her opinion; sitting on their asses while everyone else suffered the fate of any Dark Lord rising and trying to take over the world by killing or torturing people who got in their way.

"You're worried," he stated and Narcissa sighed as she nodded.

"Yes I am but I can't let it rule my life, or let it control the kid's life. They deserve to have fun and to be children for as long as they can because you know and I know, and they know that Voldemort won't stay dead for long," she told him and Sirius nodded as he faced the youths once more.

"They'll be fine," he whispered, mostly to himself.

"HARRY! MIA! Get a move on!" Sirius shouted up the stairs. It was now the 1st of September, and Harry and Mia were dragging their heels about going to Hogwarts.

"We're coming!" Mia shouted back down the stairs. "I swear those things have a mind of their own," she muttered under her breath as she looked around for her trainers before getting down on her knees and checking under the bed only to find it empty. She stood up once more with a huff. "Accio Mia's Trainers!" she called out and there was a whooshing noise before a thud.

Mia spun around to see the door slammed open and her trainers to fly into her room. She ducked just as it flew over her head and slammed into the wall. "Bloody trainers," she muttered as she walked over to them, grabbed them and pulled them on before grabbing her trunk. She hauled it out of her bedroom, where she bumped into Harry.

"Would watch where you are going?" Harry asked as he rubbed his head from where Mia's head bashed his.

"Sorry," Mia apologised as they moved closer to the banister. Sirius looked up and relief shone on his face when he saw them.

"Got your stuff packed?" Sirius asked and Mia nodded as she and Harry hauled to the top of the stairs. The house-elves hurried over and levitated them down the stairs for the kids.

"Thanks Dee-Di, thanks Jackie," Mia told them and they both nodded as they moved in to the kitchen while Harry waved his wand and shrunk the trunks.

Mia and Harry picked up their trunks and placed them into their pockets before they followed Sirius out of the house and over to the car, where they climbed into the back seat. Sirius grabbed the owl cages and handed them to the kids, who took them and placed the cages in the middle before he got into the front and set the car into motion.

They came to a stop outside the train station, and the kids hopped out, grabbing the owls' cages. They slammed the car doors and walked into the station with Sirius following them, (He had changed his image before they neared the station. He now had light blonde hair and deep blue eyes.) He led the way over to the three quarter section of the train station. They walked over to the wall and leaned on it casually before slipping through.

They exited on the other side and the kids gazed at the large scarlet train before looking at each other.

"Not very impressive is it?" Mia asked Harry and got a negative shake in return while Sirius looked at the kids before rolling his eyes.

"You kids are not very impressed with anything that isn't a weapon, are you?" Sirius asked and Mia grinned sheepishly up her dad. "Or anything fast like those films with cars and motorbikes in them."

"Sorry dad, guess we're kinda spoiled by films," she admitted with a shrug and Harry looked at the train.

"It is kinda impressive - just not what we were expecting I guess," Harry told him with a shrug. "Beside, you told us about the train loads of time!" he exclaimed and Sirius sighed. He knew that Harry was right -he had told the kids what to expect.

"Come on," he told them as he ushered them over nearer to the train. The kids pulled out their trunks and placed them on the ground as Sirius took out his wand and enlarged them back to their normal size just as a prefect came over to take them.

"First year?" he asked and they nodded. He took the trunks and hauled them over to the back of the train while the kids turned to Sirius once more. A flash of blonde caught their eyes and saw they Draco standing a few feet away from them, standing with his parents.

Draco waved slightly, making sure his father couldn't see it before turning back to his parents. Harry and Mia turned to face each other before looking at Sirius once more.

"Okay kids, have a good year. Let me know if you want to come home this Christmas," Sirius told them and they nodded.

"Sure," Mia stated as she reached up and hugged her dad before kissing him on the cheek and moved over toward the train. Draco hugged his mother and kissed her cheek before shaking hand with his dad and walking off into the train. Harry hugged Sirius.

"Catch you later," Harry told Sirius, and he nodded.

"Watch out this year and stay on your guard," Sirius warned him. Harry nodded again as he waved to Sirius before stepping on the train and followed Mia toward a compartment.

They sat down on the chairs and looked out of the window and saw Sirius standing on the platform. They waved and Sirius waved back as the train blew it's whistle and pulled out of the station, leaving the man sighing as his hand dropped back down to his side.

"Good luck kids, come back safe," Sirius whispered, mostly to himself before he walked over to the parking lot. He drove the car out of the parking lot and headed home for an empty silent year.

"How do you think this year is gonna go?" Mia asked and Harry shrugged.

"I guess it depends on how people react," Harry told her and she looked at him.

"Yep, the boy who lives presumed dead is now back among the living," she stated. "They are gonna love that."

"Hey, it's their fault they gave up on me. They assumed that I was dead without looking hard. Dumbledore has a lot to answer for anyway," Harry explained and Mia nodded.

"He will haul us into his office tonight, I bet you," she told him and he nodded.

"Same here, he'll want to know where Uncle Sirius is hiding and where we've been," he told her and she nodded.

"Great year," she stated with sarcasm mixing in with her tone. There was a knock at the door and they turned to see a red headed male standing at the door.

"Can I sit in here?" he asked. "Everywhere else is full," he explained.

"Sure," Harry replied and the red head moved in closer and sat down on the opposite of Harry and Mia.

"I'm Ron, Ron Weasley," Ron greeted and Harry nodded.

"I'm Harry, this is Mia," Harry introduced and Ron nodded.

"Nice to meet you. First time at Hogwarts?" he asked and Mia nodded.

"Yeah, you?" she asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, but my brothers have already been here, I have three brothers at Hogwarts, Percy - who's a prefect, and the twins, Fred and George," Ron told them.

"Cool, must be nice to have lots of siblings," Harry told him and Ron shrugged "Some times I guess," Ron admitted. "So, how do you two get on?"

"Oh, we're cousins," Harry explained and Ron nodded in understanding. "We get along fine actually. We play pranks on each other but rarely any arguments."

"That's must be nice," Ron stated and Mia laughed.

"Dad keeps saying we're not like normal brothers and sisters as we don't fight but he isn't bothered. He and Harry's dad were like brothers when they were younger and rarely fought too," Mia explained and Ron nodded.

Ron was about to speak up when the compartment door was swung open and they saw a bushy brunette standing in the doorway. She was already dressed in her Hogwarts robes.

"Have any of you seen a toad?" she asked, a bit flushed. "A boy named Neville has lost his," she explained.

"No we haven't, now go away," Ron muttered and the girl shot him a dark look.

"I was only asking," she snapped at him.

"Sorry, we haven't seen any toad but if we do, we'll catch him and give him back to the boy," Mia told her and the girl smiled at her.

"Thank you," the girl told her. "You better get into your robes, we're nearly at Hogwarts," she told Mia. Mia nodded as the girl left before she turned to glare at Ron.

"Didn't your mother ever teach your any manners?" she snipped before she headed out of the compartment. Harry sighed.

"I gotta go with her," Harry told him before he got up and ran after Mia before she decided to blow something up when he bumped into a hard body.

"Watch it!" A familiar voice stated and Harry looked and saw that it was Draco. "What the hell is up with you?" Draco demanded.

"A boy named Ron Weasley ticked off Mia," Harry explained and Draco looked at him, stunned.

"On the first day?" he demanded and Harry nodded.

"A girl came into our compartment and asked if anyone had seen a toad, Ron was quite rude to her and in the process, pissed off Mia."

"Damn, he better start praying," Draco stated before looking around before looking at Harry. "You better get your robes on."

"I know," Harry sated before hurrying off and Draco shook his head as he moved over to his compartment, preparing himself for Hogwarts.

The train shuddered it as it came to halt, Harry looked up out of the window and saw that he had arrived at a train station. He and Mia had finally made their way back to their compartment after getting changed into their school clothes and robes. They had joined up with Ron once more but Mia had been cold toward him ever since.

"You do realise that we're suppose to be nice?" Harry whispered and got a huff in reply.

"I'm not going to be nice to a rude, inconsiderate pig of a boy," she informed him before stepping off the train with Harry following her, shaking his head as he went.

"First Years, over here!" a loud male voice shouted. "Come on over here, First Years!" They moved forward with the rest of the first years and saw a large man standing in front of them, holding a lantern.

"Wow," Ron exclaimed while Mia rolled her eyes and moved in closer to Harry.

"That's Hagrid," Mia whispered and Harry nodded.

"I know," Harry, whispered back before they moved over to the boats and stepped in one of them. Sirius had told them about Hagrid and how loyal he was to Dumbledore so they better watched their step around him.

"Here you are, Professor McGonagall," Hagrid told her and she nodded as Hagrid walked off. McGonagall turned back to the students.

"Welcome to Hogwarts, the start of term will begin shortly. When you enter the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. While you are here, your house will be your family. Your triumphs will earn you points; rule breaking will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most house points will be awarded the house cup," she told them. "Please wait here for a moment."

She left them on the steps while Mia turned to Harry.

"Cross fingers and hope us pass our plan," Mia whispered, Harry nodded in agreement when Professor McGonagall came back from the Great Hall and addressed the first years in front of her.

"Follow me please," she told them and she led the way into the Great Hall. The doors opened and everyone saw the rows of tables of older students sitting at them. There was a large table ahead of them with the teachers sitting there and there was a large chair in the middle with an old man. He wore purple robes and had long hair and beard.

"Dumbledore," Mia and Harry whispered together. Draco just stared ahead with a neutral expression. They moved closer till they came to a stop near a stool, which the younger students could see had a hat sitting on it.

"When I call out your name, you are to come here where I will place this hat upon your head. Then you will be sorted in your houses," McGonagall told them as she unrolled her parchment and started calling out people names.

"Bones - Susan," she called out, Harry noticed that Draco seemed to perk up as the pretty red head walked up to the stool and eyed Draco in amusement.

"Hufflepuff!" the hat shouted out and she smiled as she hopped off the stool, handed the hat back to the professor before hurrying over to her table.

"Black-Mia," McGonagall read out only to stop short and read it again before her eyes shot up, wide. Whispering started up while some teachers glared at Mia, who winked at Harry.

"Geez, first day at school and I'm already the bad girl," she teased, flipping her black hair back, causing Harry to cough to hide his laugher. Draco rolled his eyes while Mia made her way through the crowd and moved over to the chair. She hopped on it and the hat went down on her head.

"Gryffindor!" the hat shouted. Mia smirked as she took the hat off and looked at the teachers.

"Looks like my plan to become the next dark lord is gonna have to be put on hold as I'm in Gryffindor," she mocked them before moving over to the table and sat down.

"Jesus, we're gonna die because of her," Draco hissed to Harry, who smothered a laugh.

McGonagall went through the list till she stopped at one.

"Granger-Hermione!" she called out. Harry perked up when he saw the small brunette who had came into their compartment make her way over to the chair. She had deep brown eyes. Draco watched the scene with interest before looking at Mia, who grinned. The hat went down on Hermione.

"Gryffindor!" The hat shouted out and the Gryffindor table burst into cheers and claps. She smiled as she made her way over to the table and sat down next to Mia.

McGonagall went back to the list and started calling out names till she stopped at another one.

"Malfoy-Draco," she called out. Draco nudged Harry slightly in the ribs before making his way over to the chair. He sat down on it and that hat was nearly at his head when it shouted.

"Slytherin!" he shouted, the Slytherin table cheered as Draco rolled his eyes. He glanced over at Mia and Harry before making his way over to the table. Harry and Mia exchanged smiles. Plan one has gone into action.

McGonagall continued her way down the list before her eyes froze. She looked up at Dumbledore before turning back to the small first years.

"Potter-Harry," she called out and everyone froze as Harry made his way over to the chair. He smiled mockingly as he waved to everyone sarcastically.

"Yep, I'm alive and in the flesh," Harry informed them before sitting down, placing the hat went onto his head. "Gotta put me in Gryffindor," he muttered to the hat.

"Why? You would do well in Slytherin," the hat muttered to him.

"Not part of the plan and I don't want to be in Slytherin. I rather be in Gryffindor thanks," Harry muttered back and the Hat grumbled under his breath.

"Fine," he muttered. "Gryffindor!" the hat shouted and everyone cheered as Harry pulled the hat off his head and made his way over to the table and sat down next to Mia, who slapped high fives with him.

They turned back to the last group who was still waiting to be sorted.

"Weasley-Ronald," McGonagall called out and Ron stepped up to the chair and the hat shouted Gryffindor before it landed on his head. They could see that Ron let out a sigh of relief and he hurried over to the table and sat next to the rest of the first years.

McGonagall finally finished her list and rolled the parchment back up and took the stool and hat out of the Great Hall before coming back and made her way over to the head table.

Professor Dumbledore stood up.

"I wanted to welcome you all to a new year at Hogwarts. I only have a few things I wanted to say. Please note that the third floor corridor is out of bound due to certain renovations. The Dark Forest is also strictly out of bound to anyone who doesn't wish to die a horrible death. Now, you may eat!" he clapped his hands and the food appeared on the table, much to the gasps of amazements of the first years.

"Why didn't you tell me you were Harry Potter?" Ron demanded to Harry from where he sat across from him and Harry shrugged.

"Didn't want to," Harry stated before looking at Mia. "How do you feel?"

"Like a fish in a whole lake of water," Mia stated sarcastically and Harry stifled his smile while Ron looked at her, confused about what she was going on about.

Dumbledore sat back down at the table and piled some food on to his plate before taking a sip of his drink. He looked over his glasses at Harry and Mia, who were chatting animatingly, laughing at something Mia said. He shook his head. He needed to get Harry away from those people as soon as possible and placed with the Dursleys, where he would be safe.

Mia looked at Dumbledore from the corner of her eyes and rolled them when he saw that Dumbledore was staring at them with a disapproving glare. She looked back at Harry, who nodded in understanding.

"Having fun?" Harry asked as Mia flicked her chicken and she shot him a grin.

"Totally," she informed him and he shot her a sly grin back before turning to Hermione, who sat next to him.

"You're a muggle born," he stated and she looked at him, startled.

"Yeah, how did you know that?" she asked and he grinned.

"Now, that's my secret," he told her before winking, causing Mia to roll her eyes as she caught Malfoy's eye, causing him to stifled a grin and glare at her.

"No, seriously, how did you know?" Hermione asked and Mia shook her head.

"Don't ask him," Mia informed her, causing Hermione to look at her. "He doesn't give straight answers till he's ready. He teases this way."

"How come?" Hermione asked and Mia snorted.

"He's a guy," Mia stated and Hermione smiled.

"That's a good excuse," Hermione stated and Harry looked at the pair of them.

"Hey!" he exclaimed, offended and Mia waved her hand at him.

"Go back to your food," she told him before turning back to Hermione. "Mia Black," Mia introduced as she reached her hand out and Hermione took it.

"Hermione Granger," Hermione replied, shaking her hand.

"Harry Potter," Harry stated as he lifted his hand and Hermione raised her eyebrow.

"I think everyone knows of the boy who lived," she teased as she reached out and took his hand and Harry rolled his eyes.

"Ignore it. They left me for dead so I wouldn't listen to anything they would have to say," he told her and she nodded.

"So, where have you been all this time?" Hermione asked.

"Living with Uncle Sirius, Mia's dad," Harry told her and she nodded before frowning then shaking her head.

"Have you lived in the wizarding world all your life?" she asked and Mia smiled.

"No, we're a mixture," Mia told her and Hermione looked at her. "We live in the muggle world where it's safer there but we were introduced to magic via my dad," Mia explained and Hermione's eyes lit up.

"What is it like?" she asked. "I mean; most of the spells are pretty hard to do."

"An eager student, aren't you?" Harry asked, eyebrow raised and Hermione blushed slightly as she ducked her head.

"Sorry, it's just, when I get introduced to something new, it kinda takes over," she explained and Mia nodded in understanding.

"Relax, we're like that too," Mia told her. "We've just gotta learn new things all the time."

"How did you feel about coming to Hogwarts?" Hermione asked.

"Shocked," Harry stated after swallowing his food and Hermione looked at him, puzzled. "Hey, everyone thought I was dead and then I get a letter saying that I've been accepted to Hogwarts?" Hermione laughed slightly as she turned to Mia.

"I didn't think I would be accepted, you know, considering my dad is a wanted murderer, so when we got the letters, we decided that we wanted to come and let the wizarding world see what they've done," Mia informed her.

"How about you?" Harry asked and Hermione shrugged.

"I didn't know that I was a witch till I got the letter. It made me understand all the weird things that used to happen," she explained and Mia nodded.

"Magical bursts?" she asked and Hermione nodded, almost sheepish. "Relax, we had them all the time."

"What was the major thing you've ever done?" Hermione asked.

"Blew up the kitchen," Mia stated and Hermione looked at her, shocked. "Bad day," Mia mumbled under her breath before glaring at Harry, who stifled his laughers behind his hands. "How about you?" Mia asked Hermione.

"Blew up the hut that I was locked in," Hermione told her before turning to Harry. "How about you?" she asked and Harry looked at her, shocked.

"Erm, nothing really," Harry mumbled and Mia snickered.

"He almost blew up the house," Mia stated and Hermione looked at Harry shocked, who slumped down further in his seat.

"It was an accident," he mumbled.

"Had this primary teacher who wasn't very fair toward Harry, he came home frustrated and almost blew up the house," Mia explained. Hermione looked at Harry once more before shaking her head and turned back to her dinner.

Soon Dinner and Deserts were over, Dumbledore stood once more.

"Will first years please follow their prefects to their dormitories?" He told them and Percy Weasley, a tall red haired boy with the prefect badge pinned on the lapel of his robes stood up.

"First years, over here," Percy called out. Harry, Mia, Hermione and Ron stood up and made to move over to Percy when Mia saw someone and leaned into Harry.

"Professor, two o'clock," Mia whispered to Harry when a female voice spoke up.

"Harry, Mia, would you two please follow me?" McGonagall asked as she moved closer to the two children. They both looked up at her.

"Is there a problem Professor?" they asked and she shook her head.

"No, Professor Dumbledore would like to have a word with you," she explained and they nodded. Harry shot a look at Draco, who nodded subtly before following the prefect to his dorm while the two of them followed Professor McGonagall.

They came to a stop outside a large statue of a bird.

"Strawberry Cream," McGonagall stated and there was a huge rumbling as the statue came to life and started to swirl, revealing stairs. Mia and Harry jumped onto the first two and just rode the rest of the way up.

Soon they came to a stop outside a large door and Harry knocked on it.

"Come in," a male voice called out. Harry opened the door and stepped to the side to let Mia in first before following her and shutting the door behind them. Professor Dumbledore sat on his chair behind his desk while a younger man who was leaning against the banister with chin length greasy hair and dark eyes gave them a piercing look. Both Mia and Harry stifled sniggers when they put a name to the face. Severus Snape. "Please, sit," Dumbledore, told them and they sat down. "So, how is everything going?" Dumbledore asked.

"Fine, considering as we've only just started here," Mia stated and Dumbledore nodded.

"And, how is everything at home?" Dumbledore asked.

"Fine," Harry stated as he looked at Mia, who stuck her tongue out at him, causing him to stick his tongue back out at her. Both of them knew that this would get to the teachers that Harry was close to Mia and Mia just did it to annoy Harry.

"Put your tongue back in your mouths!" Snape hissed, causing the pair of them to look at him.

"Screw you," Mia stated to Snape.

"How dare you…" Snape started and Mia cocked her head.

"…Stand up for myself? Not let you bully me in to a being a submissive young child?" she asked. "Buddy, you forget who my parents are," she told him with a shake of her head.

"While we're on the conversation about you father…" Dumbledore was cut off.

"…Not telling you where he is," Harry stated as he looked at Dumbledore.

"Harry, he made us think you were dead after he kidnapped you," Dumbledore told him and Harry smirked.

"No, you all gave up when all the leads were dead ends and just gave me up for dead," Harry corrected and Mia grinned.

"He's right," Mia backed up.

"Sirius has to be arrested. He led the death of your parents," Dumbledore stated. "Not to mention Peter Pettiegrew."

"Dad never killed him," Mia stated and Dumbledore looked at her.

"Listen, I find it very admirable that you wish to protect him but he is a danger," Dumbledore stated. "He kidnapped Harry from the place he would have been safe," Dumbledore finished.

"Yeah, the Dursleys. They didn't care about me. They were more than willing to give me up," Harry pointed out and shook his head. "We're not telling you where Uncle Sirius is. He is the only one who can protect us."

"Fine, if you won't tell us, we can just find out for ourselves," Snape sneered as he lifted his wand and cast the spell to break into Harry's mind only to be met with a wall. He gritted his teeth only to stumble when he felt himself being shoved out.

"I rather you didn't do that again. It's annoying when I get a headache afterwards," Harry remarked and Mia smirked as she looked at Harry.

"Harry," Dumbledore started but Harry stood up with Mia.

"If there is no further school business to continue, Mia and I would like to head to our common room. We wouldn't want to get on Professor McGonagall's bad side on the first day," Harry explained before placing a hand on the small of Mia's back and leading her out of the headmaster's office and down the stairs.

"What are you going to do? They'll be watching Hedwig and Cassie," she told him and he grinned.

"But not Morris," Harry pointed out and Mia grinned slyly as they headed toward the Gryffindor's common room.

"How do we contact Draco?" she asked and Harry pulled out a small knut from his back and pressed on the face that had been pressed on to it, a few seconds later there was a warming sensation and Harry nodded.

"He got the message. We made this up," and he tossed the Knut over for her to inspect. "Before we came to Hogwarts we agreed that if Dumbledore or a teacher cornered us, we were to let the other know and send a message to the parents," he informed and she nodded as she tossed it back to him.

"Don't spend it," she teased, causing Harry to push her away from him, causing her to laugh as they turned up at the common room. They came to a stop at the Fat Lady.

"Password?" she asked.

"Caput Draconis," Mia and Harry stated at the same time and she smiled as Harry tucked away the map that Sirius had given him and Mia just before they came to Hogwarts.

"Oh, so much like your parents you are," she told them, fondly before nodding. The portrait swung open and they both walked into the common room, only for everyone to stop chatting when they saw them.

"You have ten seconds to get lost before we let loose our dark spells on you," Mia stated and everyone rushed to their dormitories, leaving Harry and Mia alone in the Common room, stunned. Harry turned to face her.

"You know, they didn't have to grow up with your sick sense of humour so they wouldn't be able to tell the difference when you are joking or telling the truth," he informed her, causing her to shove him.

"Hey, I got us the common room alone," she informed him. "No one is going to be staring at us, waiting to see if we're going to erupt into some dark creature who wants to eat them for dinner," she stated as she moved over to a chair and slid herself into it before swinging her body round so her back was resting against one arm chair while her legs dangled over the other.

"Yeah and I get to be stuck down here with my crazy insane sister," he muttered, causing her to throw at cushion at him.

"You are not allowed to insult a woman," she scolded him.

"It was a compliment," Harry shot back as he sat down on the couch and stuffed the cushion behind his back and rested against it.

"Yeah, and I'm the queen of the North Pole," she shot back at him.

"Gee, picky today aren't you?" he asked before arching an eyebrow. "It's not that time of the month is it?" he whined and got another cushion shot at him, this time hitting him squarely in the face.

"Bite me!" she snapped at him and he rolled his eyes.

"No thanks," he told her and she smirked.

"Wouldn't mind if it was Hermione," she stated and got a cushion in her face.

"Zip it," he snipped at her and she arched an eyebrow.

"Now gee, somebody is being picky now," she told him. "It isn't that time of the month is it?" she mocked and Harry glared at her.

"Just keep it zipped about Hermione," he informed her and she rolled her eyes.

"God, Harry, its so obvious you're interested in her. Ask her out for crying out loud," she stated as she shoved the cushion behind her back.

"Mia," Harry started and Mia sighed.

"God Harry, grow some balls," she informed him and he laughed.

"Hey, I'm a man," Harry shot back and she smirked.

"No, you're a boy," she retorted.

"Same difference," Harry told her and she scoffed.

"As if," Mia stated. "A man has guts, a boy hides." Harry just stared at her while she smirked looking at the ceiling before she snapped her fingers and balls of colourful lights appeared above her head, dancing.

"Show off," Harry muttered under his breath as the light grew bigger and brighter before they burst with a loud snapping pop, showering the room into tiny of small bubbles of light, dancing around.

Harry looked up at them before snapping his fingers. A black coloured ball appeared in the air and started to chase the colourful balls before swallowing them whole, disappearing the light while Mia turned to face him with an annoyed expression.

"Fun sucker," Mia told him and he laughed when something interrupted them.

"How long are you two going to stay up?" a female voice asked and they turned to see Hermione standing at the foot of the steps, in her bathrobes. Mia looked at her watch and sighed.

"Damn, it's just after eleven," she muttered to Harry, provoking him into looking at his watch and shook his head.

"This is getting ridiculous," Harry informed her as they both stood up and Mia shrugged.

"Not allowed to take any sleeping potions. You know what dad's like about them," Mia told him and Hermione looked at them both.

"Do you have a hard time getting off to sleep?" she asked and Mia nodded.

"Some times, it depends on our day," Mia admitted.

"Why not try some hot lemonade or hot chocolate?" Hermione suggested as she led the way up the stairs and Harry nodded.

"Those sound pretty good," Harry admitted as they came to a stop outside the girls' dormitories. "Have a good sleep," Harry told them and they both nodded as they entered the girls' dormitories and Harry continued walking up the rest of the stairs till he arrived outside the first years' boys' dormitories door, it had the sign First Years written across it in bold gold letters.

Harry opened the door and stepped in and took a look around. There were five poster beds; each one had curtains surrounding the beds. Harry could see that four of the beds were occupied and he walked over to the one that was empty and looked down at his trunk.

He lifted his pillow and pulled out his PJs that was under there, stripped his clothes and pulled on his PJs before climbing into bed.

He pulled off his glasses and set it on the bedside cabinet before sighing as he looked up at the ceiling, wondering how Sirius and Draco were getting on before closing his eyes. He had a feeling that it was going to be a long day tomorrow before he finally fell into a deep sleep.

TBC

Okay, please don't expect this much pages in a chapter all the time. I will try and make the pages longer but it depends on the situations I'm adding in the chapters.

I have a question for you guys, would you be interested in reading it if I made a Slytherin Fan Fiction of this? It would be that Mia, Draco and Harry would be in Slytherin while Hermione is in Gryffindor and it would start 5th book rather than first year.

If you are interested, let me know.