Unofficial Portkey Archive

100 Ways to Get Rejected and One More by Eternal Love LJ
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

100 Ways to Get Rejected and One More

Eternal Love LJ

-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-

Disclaimer: I don't own anything.

-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-

100 Ways to Get Rejected and One More

By: Eternal Love LJ

Chapter 6: 101

-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-

Summary: One-shot, baby! ONE MORE CHAPTER AFTER THIS!

-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-

Lily closed her eyes and took a deep breath before walking towards James, who was sitting by the window writing. He looked very concentrated, and his eyes were squinting.

"Po- um, James?" Lily said, feeling very awkward.

James looked up, his glasses sliding down the bridge of his nose.

"L-Lily?" he said, not sure if he should approach her by her first name.

"What are you doing?" she asked, looking down at his paper, forgetting why she even wanted to talk to him in the first place.

James pushed the paper away out of Lily's view. "Nothing," he said convincingly.

Lily gave him the hairy eyeball. "I don't think so," she said. "Can I see?"

"It's just some homework."

"That's why you pushed it away when I asked what it was," Lily said.

James pouted and pushed the paper back towards her. "Don't hate me."

Lily grabbed the paper and started reading it.

"'If I had one hair for every time that I thought of you, I'd look like a Gorilla'," Lily said slowly. "James, are these pick-up lines?"

"That was my next one," James said, smiling.

Lily smiled down at the paper and said, "I don't hate you."

"Really?" James said, "Because even Remus thinks that you would have said yes by now if you were ever going to."

Lily started to play with the hem of her school shirt. "Potter, I don't want to talk about it."

"Oh, so we're back to Potter again? Come on, Lily! All I do is stand here and tell you funny things and compliment you and all you do is hate me . . . well, dislike me, and I just want to know what I'm doing wrong, you know? It's kind of deflated me, after all these years."

"Maybe you should think about what I like to hear instead of throwing comments about how I relate to onions in my face."

James laughed for a second, but then realized that Lily was serious. "I'm sorry, Lily. I just thought that girls liked it when guys were funny."

"I do like it when guys are funny. You just got off on a bad start with me," Lily replied.

"Okay, what do you like in a pick-up line?" James asked.

"Oh, come on, Potter. I'm not going to answer that," Lily said.

"Why not?" James said, "You tell me that I should pay attention to what you want, then you won't tell me! You're not cooperating, Evans!"

"Fine," Lily said. "First off, pick-up lines are for bars and hoes."

"Should I write this down?" James asked, smiling.

"Second," Lily smiled, "You have to sound like you mean it. Walking up to me and saying, 'Wanna go out?' doesn't have a lot of passion."

"Okay," James said.

"But, I don't want anything corny, like a fancy dinner with candle light. I like simple things."

"Like what?"

"Like cuddling," Lily smiled.

"Cuddling? I'll cuddle with you whenever you want," James said.

Lily continued smiling and looked down at the floor. "Um, maybe a flower."

"What kind?"

"A Dandelion," Lily said.

"What? Those are everywhere!" James said. "Why would you want that?"

"Because if you get me a Dandelion, I know that you went outside and got it yourself. Well, I mean, you could Accio one, but you can't go to Hogsmeade and buy me a bouquet of Dandelions."

"Okay, okay, you win. Go on. What else do you look for in a guy?"

"And I like it when a guy doesn't ask me out in front of everyone," Lily said, staring down James, who smiled, "Because then it doesn't put pressure on me to say yes."

"Okay, so nothing corny, Dandelions, no pick-up lines, passion, cuddling . . . anything else?"

"Would you just be yourself in front of me for once, Potter?"

Lily looked at him seriously before turning back around and sitting down with her friends on the other side of the common room, leaving James to think.

-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-

It was two weeks later and exactly 2:06 AM. Lily was downstairs in the common room about to sneak out to go to the kitchens to get some hot chocolate when she heard the door to one of the boys' dormitories close. Normally, she wouldn't care, but ever since her conversation with Potter a couple weeks before, he's honestly all she's been able to think about. So with high hopes that it was James and not someone like Pettigrew, she stopped short of the portrait hole and waited for footsteps.

Soon, the messy hair that Lily had grown to like James's hands in, came into view. She let herself smile for a moment before quickly turning around and acting as if she was about to leave.

"Evans?" James's voice said softly. She closed her eyes for a moment before turning around again.

"Potter? What are you doing up?" she asked.

He shuffled his feet and said, "I . . . wanted to see the fire," he said, taking a seat on one of the sofas. "Isn't it . . . um, pretty?"

She refrained from laughing and took a seat next to him. "Wonderful," she said.

James sat there, trying his hardest not to look at her and not to be awkward. "What are you doing down here?"

"I was going to the kitchens," Lily replied. "I want some hot chocolate."

"Head Girl is sneaking out?" James smiled.

"Oh, yeah, like you can comment on that," Lily said.

"No, I really can't," James said slowly, realizing that he had said the perfect conversation ender. "Hey, Evans, can we talk?"

Lily looked sideways over at James and said, "Yeah, I think that we should."

"Do you like me?" James blurted out. "I mean- damn, um . . ."

Lily laughed and leaned back against the couch. "Yeah, I do like you."

James whipped around and said, "Really?"

"No," Lily smiled.

"Evans!"

"No, James, I really do like you."

"Prove it," James said, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Potter, I really like you!"

"How much, then?" James asked.

"All the way to that table," Lily said, pointing to the table in front of them.

James laughed and leaned back with her. "I think that you love me all the way to the moon and back."

"I think that you're full of shit."

James smiled and closed his eyes. "Well, I sure like you all the way to the moon and back."

Lily didn't respond, so James looked over at her. She was openly staring at him. "What?" he asked.

"You're . . . not being corny."

"One point for James."

Lily smiled and put her feet up on said table. "Fine, I like you all the way to Astronomy Tower and back."

"The lake and back?"

"The lake and back," Lily confirmed.

James turned and draped his legs over Lily's stretched out ones. "This much?"

Lily leaned over and put her face about five inches away from his. "This much."

James leaned in closer so their noses were touching and asked softly, "This much?"

Lily saw James close his eyes, so she pressed her nose harder against his, but then suddenly leaning back against the couch once more. "This much."

James sighed and laughed. "You're going to kill me."

Lily looked over at James to see him staring down at her hand on the sofa cushion. "You have pretty hands, Lily."

"You have weird taste, Potter."

He looked up at her and smiled, then took her hand in his and laced his fingers through hers. "I like you this much."

Lily smiled and squeezed her hand really tight. He instantly let go and tried to get his hand back. "Oh, so that's how much you love me, hah?"

"Ow!" he said, laughing and moaning at the same time.

Lily let his go and he started to message his hand. "Kiss it and make it feel better?" he pouted.

"You already used that one," she said. "Only it was your tongue last time."

"At least I didn't tell you that you smell."

"Like what?" Lily asked, a smile spreading across her face.

"Hey, we have a couple of inside jokes," James pointed out.

Lily's smile left and she said, "I guess we do."

"And that makes us friends."

"I guess it does."

James grabbed her hand again and said, "With benefits?"

"With respect," Lily said, taking her hand back.

"So . . . we're friends who like each other to the lake and back?" James said, laughing.

Lily laughed too and turned towards James. "Maybe you are kinda funny."

"Maybe you are kinda right," James said.

Lily laughed and hit him light on the arm. "Don't go on prattish on me again."

"Oh, so you're making up words to describe me? Prattish?"

Lily looked into the fire and said, "No. You have deflated this year. A little."

"A little? Aww, come on, Evans? Only a little?" James asked.

"To that table," Lily smiled.

"Oh, so we're gonna start with the table again? Maybe I should move it a little bit further away from you."

"Yeah, like closer to the lake."

James laughed and put his feet next to Lily's on said table. He gave it one big kick, making it almost reach the fire. "Hah!"

Lily turned to James with a playful shocked look on her face. "Oh no you didn't!"

"Oh yes I did!" he said, standing up and jumping over the couch. He raced over to the window and stuck his tongue out. "Whatchu gonna do? Hah? What? What?"

Lily laughed and ran over to him, almost knocking him over. He took advantage and laced his fingers through hers again, only playing Mercy for real this time.

"Damn, Evans, you're strong," he said, not wanting to really put any pressure on her.

"Why thank you," she said, twisting her hand around.

"OW! Mercy, mercy!" James said loudly. He smiled when she let go and he started ticking her. He attacked her sides first, then going up to her neck and ears.

James couldn't believe how ticklish Lily was. She was like an eel out of water. He had to pin her to him using his arm and one leg to make sure she didn't fall onto the ground laughing. When his hand touched her ear, she completely lost it and tears started streaming out of her eyes.

"Oh my . . . James!" she giggled, barely able to breathe. Her laughter was filling the room and James was happier than he had been in a really long time. He was making Lily cry, laughing so hard.

He let his hand stop and her giggles softened. He blew slightly on her ear and she started rubbing her ear against her shoulder.

"Do that again, Potter, and die," she said, catching her breath.

"What? Tickling you, or this?" He blew on her ear again and he could tell she was smiling.

"Both," she replied.

He turned her around using his arm and leg that were pinning her. She was about foot shorter than him. James was at least 6'2, and Lily was always complaining about her 5'3 height.

He lifted her up and her legs automatically, mostly out of protection, settled around his legs. "Potter, put me down! This isn't funny! No one's lifted me up in years, and I want to keep it that way! I'm falling! I'm slipping! Potter, put me down!"

James just laughed and brought her up to his eye level.

Lily stopped talking and James whispered, "You have the prettiest eyes I've ever seen."

He saw a little red reach her cheeks as she said, "Thanks."

James smiled evilly and slid his hand down her back to her bottom. She instantly went into more objections. "Potter, get your hands off my ass! Potter, stop it! Would you? Stop! This isn't funny anymore, Potter! Rape! Rape!"

James just laughed and moved his other hand into her hair. "I'm going to fall!" Lily said.

"Not with my hand on your ass," James reminded her.

"Yeah, you could stop that," Lily said.

"Make me," he whispered. He blew on her ear again.

"I'm too tired to fight right now," she replied and she put her head on his shoulder.

"But you were full of energy just moments ago," he said playfully. He pinched her bum and she squirmed around a little bit.

"Do that again and we'll have another problem," he said, a slight groan in his voice.

"Gross, Potter," she said sleepily.

James slowly walked over to the couch they were on before and sat down. She didn't move over or say any objections when he adjusted her and wrapped his arms around her.

"Cuddling," she whispered.

"Two points for James," he smiled, closing his eyes.

"Do you have any Dandelions?" Lily asked.

"No, sorry," James said.

"Oh, I guess you go back to zero," Lily smiled, trying to get out of James's arms.

"You're not going anywhere," James said. "I've wanted you to be on my lap for six years, and now you're here. You're not moving."

Lily looked up at him and said, "I guess so."

"I have passion tonight, right?" James asked, twirling her hair in his finger. "And I haven't said any pick-up lines."

"We've made references."

"Okay, now you're just looking for excuses. You can't deny that I have four out of five points," James said.

"No, there were six things," Lily said, snuggling in deeper.

"What was the other one?" James asked.

"Actually, there were two. Be yourself and you can't ask me out in public," Lily reminded him.

"Well, negative one for Lily. That was only a little corny."

Lily smiled. "No! I have the same amount of points as you do."

"Passion? Do you have any passion for me at all, Evans?" James asked.

"Maybe I do tonight."

"What about tomorrow?"

"What about tomorrow?" Lily asked.

"Is this a one-night type of thing?" James asked.

"Were you implying again that I'm a whore?" Lily asked, smiling.

James groaned and put his head on the back of the couch. "You take everything I say the wrong way, Evans."

"I take it the funny way," she whispered.

"Are you tired?" James asked. He stroked her hair.

"Mmm," she said quietly.

"You . . . um, probably want to go back up to your dorm, then. You'd hate me for life if everyone saw you on top of me in the morning."

"On top of you?" Lily said, snapping out of her tiredness. "You make it sound like I chose to sit like this. You wouldn't let me leave!"

James looked at Lily in the eye. "Did you really want to leave? Because if you did, I'm really sorry."

Instantly, Lily felt bad. "No, I'm- it was- I was just-"

"It's fine, Lily. I'll see you in the morning," James said.

Lily got up slowly. She stopped and sat back down on his lap. "Goodnight, James."

"Goodnight, Lily," he said.

She leaned in really close so their noses were touching.

"You're not getting away this time," James smiled. He put his hand on the back of her neck and pushed their lips together. James could swear that his heart stopped beating for a full three seconds. I'm kissing Lily Evans, I'm kissing Lily Evans.

She broke the kiss off and kissed him on the cheek one more time before standing up. "Five points for James," she said. Her eyes were a little out of focus and she looked a little dazed.

"Five points for Lily," he smiled.

"I'll see you in the morning," Lily said, putting her hand where mine was a moment ago on her neck.

"Hey, Lily?" I said as she turned away.

"Yeah?" she asked, facing me.

"Maybe you'd like to have some breakfast with me . . . or maybe we could take a walk around the lake or something . . . tomorrow," James said, more nervous than ever about asking her out.

"Six points for James," she replied.

-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-.-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox-

A/n: Oh my god, I am SOOOO proud of this chapter! Leave a review!


-->