Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Devil's Bed by Waterlilly
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Devil's Bed

Waterlilly

A/N: Ok, a new story! Let me know if I need to continue it or trash it. No obvious plot yet, but it will get there!

Chapter 1

Ginny was sitting in front of her fireplace staring blankly into her mother's face.

"But dear, are you sure you're okay? I mean, if you don't like living on your own, you can always come home. Or even if you just want to come over for dinner or-"

"Mom, I've told you a thousand times, I'm fine. There is no need to worry. I'm great. My refrigerator is stocked full of food."

Her mother began to open her mouth, but Ginny cut her off, "And the cabinets too," her mother snapped her mouth shut, trying to think of another excuse to get her daughter home.

"Well you really need to start hanging out with some different people, I mean look at-"

"Mother, let's not start on that again. My friends are still going to be my friends, I'm still going to hang out with them, and my hair is going to stay blonde!"

"But honey, it's not even blonde, it looks dirty, like you haven't washed it in a while. It just doesn't look that good on you."

"Mom, it's supposed to be this color. It's blonde with light brown mixed in, and everyone thinks it looks great! You're the only one who doesn't like it."

"Your father doesn't like it."

"That's because you tell him not to."

Her mother huffed into her upper lip, "Well, I guess I'll let you start your dinner."

"Okay, mom. Love you."

"Love you," and her mother's head reluctantly disappeared from her daughter's fireplace.

Ginny stood up in relief and walked into her little kitchen. She opened her refrigerator and saw a carton of old milk, half a grapefruit, and a bottle of chocolate syrup. She opened her cabinet and caught a mouse eating her only box of crackers.

She yelped and slammed the door shut. "Okay," she said to herself, "the bar it is."

She grabbed her cloak and went out the door.

She apparated down the street from Neville's bar. She walked until she could see the neon red doors of `Nev's Bevs.'

She wrenched open the door and recoiled slightly at the loud music. She made her way through the crowded dance floor and up to the bar where Neville always served as bartender.

"Hey, Nev. What's up?"

"Another mouse?"

"And an empty refrigerator," Ginny sighed.

"I also have the feeling that your mother flooed you," Neville asked while filling another man's glass with Firewhiskey.

Ginny rolled her eyes, "Of course. But she's right about one thing. I definitely need to get a better job than being a writer for Daily Spell. I want a desk job. I want to work at the Ministry, but it'll be hard since I didn't go straight there." Ginny sighed.

Neville snuck a glance at Ginny while filling yet another glass for the same man, "You'll get there. Start applying now. What could happen?"

Ginny shrugged her shoulders, "I guess you're right. I'm going to take a potty brake."

"You couldn't go before you got here? You know how nasty the bathrooms get on a Friday."

Ginny looked a little embarrassed, "My landlord shut my water off."

"Gin, do you need to borrow money," Neville asked in a worried tone.

"No, no. I'm fine. As soon as I write my article, I'll have a few more galleons," she hopped off the stool and headed toward the bathroom.

She forced her way through the crowd of people grinding on the dance floor, and went into the little hallway. The hallway ended in a corner that turned to the right, and some stupid git had blew the light out in the hallway, so it was pitch black as soon as she'd stepped around the corner.

She felt hands grab her and spin her against the wall. Her hands were held above her head and a leg was pressed between hers.

She started to scream, but a hand gently covered her mouth. "Shh, it's just me," a seductive voice whispered in her ear, and then she felt lips press hot open-mouthed kisses on her neck.

Her stomach clenched up at the sensations, but her mind kept screaming at her. He moved his hand from her mouth to her hip and she took the advantage.

"Get off of me," she said loudly, but not screaming. The man immediately stopped kissing her and she could feel his eyes searching her face, trying to see it in the dark.

"Lumos," he whispered and a tiny light shone through his robe, not bright enough to be seen around the corner.

Her eyes widened as they met silver eyes that were clouded over in lust. She couldn't see the rest of his face, but she would always remember those eyes.

"Shit," he whispered, "I thought you were someone else."

He released her hands and pushed himself off of her.

Ginny breathed a sigh of relief and stood there uncomfortably.

He was staring at her with out an emotion etched on his face. Finally he said, "If you're waiting for an apology, you're wasting your time."

"I didn't expect one. I know better than to expect anything respectful or ethical to come out of you," Ginny snapped at him.

"You don't even know me," he said in a superior tone.

"I know enough about you Mr. Slytherin Ice Prince or Slytherin Sex God, whichever title you chose for yourself back in our school days."

"Our school days," he questioned in that condescending tone he always used.

And then it dawned on Ginny why he wasn't throwing up by now. He didn't recognize her with her different hair color and in this dark hallway. Now, in broad daylight, he might've recognized her face.

"And for your information, I was The Slytherin Sex God. And I wasn't the one who came up with it. The girls did because. . . well because I am a sex god."

She had a sudden thought and spoke on impulse, "I know why we called you that."

"We? What do you mean by `we'," he said trying not to looked shocked.

She just winked at him and started toward the bathroom.

"Hey, wait just a minute," he said grabbing her arm, "You didn't go to school with me, and I never had sex with you because. . ." he looked her up and down, "I'd remember you."

"And what is that supposed mean," Ginny asked indignantly.

"Well, look at you, and that scent of vanilla would never leave my mind."

"Quit trying to drop pickup lines. It's not going to work."

He shrugged, "Fine, it's your choice. I just thought you might like to see the Sex God work his magic."

"I told you I've already witnessed first hand your `magic,'" Ginny said holding up her hand to emphasize the word `magic' in quotation marks.

"You're lying. I've already told you that I would have remembered your body."

"But not my face?"

He shrugged again, "I'm usually not interested in faces. How can I concentrate on a girl's face if I'm working my magic with my tongue somewhere further south?"

Ginny couldn't help the feeling that had begun to bubble in her abdomen.

She shrugged defiantly, determined not to show him that he was almost having an effect on her, "Think what you want," and she turned again to go to the bathroom.

His grip on her arm tightened just a little, not threatening, but holding her back all the same.

"Well, what's your name?"

"I thought it didn't matter," she said raising her eyebrow in surprise.

"It does now." He said in that tone that she had learned to hate.

She looked at him for a moment and then replied, "Hope," before turning and walking into the bathroom.

"Hope what," he asked quickly, but she had already shut the door and he heard a faint popping sound, signaling that she had apparated.

He turned and went back into the crowded dance floor. Before he could make it all the way across, a random girl started rubbing herself all over him. He danced with her for a few moments before prying himself away from her. He hated it when women threw themselves at him.

He liked to be the pursuer. He was used to having girls fawn over him, but he was picky when it came to women. Granted, he had had many of them in his school days and even more since he graduated two years ago.

Now he had a new object to pursue, Hope. That was all that she had given him, and all he needed.

What made him so earnest to find her was that she hadn't seemed interested in him at all, claimed she knew him, lied about sleeping with him, and he caught a sense that she didn't like him one bit. Now that's something to go after.

He walked up to the bar and Neville just looked at him blankly.

"Do you know a girl named Hope?"

Neville gave him a puzzled look and just shook his head. Draco just nodded, threw ten galleons on the counter for his tab, and left.

He apparated to Malfoy Manor and decided that he would begin his search for Hope in the morning.

~*~

Ginny apparated into her bedroom from the bar and rushed to restroom because her bladder was about explode.

She paused in front of the toilet, realizing she had no water. She sighed and apparated back into the hallway of the bar.

She looked around quickly to make sure he had gone, then went to pee.

When she came out, she was going to talk to Neville, but paused just inside the darkness.

There was Draco, with a girl attached to his crotch. She was shocked to see that he was trying to disengage himself from her grasp. After about ten minutes, he finally succeeded and proceeded to the bar.

She made out the words `Hope' and sucked in a breath. He was going to look for her.

He threw some money on the counter and stalked out. She waited a few moments before she went back up to the bar.

"Why is Malfoy asking if I know a girl named Hope," Neville asked suspiciously.

"He attacked me in the hall."

"He ATTACKED you," Neville said slamming the bottle of butterbeer he was holding.

"Chill! He thought I was someone else."

"Oh, well that helps. He still attacked you."

"He didn't hit me."

Ginny saw a puzzled look come across his face, "So, if he didn't hit you. . . then how did he attack you?"

"He threw me against the wall."

"He threw you against the wall?"

"And kissed me."

"He - what?!"

"But he didn't know it was me."

"How could he not?"

"It was dark, and then he didn't recognize me because of the hair, I think."

"So you told him your name was Hope?"

Ginny just tightened her lips and nodded.

"So now what are you going to do?"

"Um. . . turn my hair back?"

"Why? You like your hair, and the fact that it makes your mom angry."

"I think he might try to find me."

"And why would he try to find you?"

"Because I made it seem like we had sex while we were at school, and he says he knows we didn't because he would've . . ."

"Would've. . ."

Ginny rolled her eyes and her cheeks flushed with embarrassment, "He would've remembered my. . ." she looked up at Neville nervously, then back down at her hands, "My body."

Neville's eyebrows shot up, "Well. Um. . . I think a Malfoy just accidentally gave a Weasley a compliment."

Ginny couldn't help the tiny smile that came across her face.

A/N: Sorry if you think it's a little short! Please leave a review!


-->