Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Devil's Bed by Waterlilly
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Devil's Bed

Waterlilly

A/N: Thank all of you who reviewed, I hope to get more so. . . keep it up! And, just to let you guys know, it might be a little while before I can update again. My mom just went into the hospital, so I'm posting this now so maybe you can last until she's better. Thanks for understanding!

Chapter 3

Ginny sighed and slunk down to the floor. She sat there in a daze for a few minutes before standing up and apparated to Neville's flat.

Neville looked up at her when she apparated directly into his living room, "Ginny, what if I was naked?"

"Well, then I would be one of the lucky girls to see Neville in all his glory," Ginny said cocking her head to one side and smiling.

Neville rolled his eyes, "Anyway, why are you here?"

"He was at my flat," she said simply.

"Like inside your flat?"

"Yeah, sitting on my couch."

"What did he do," Neville said sitting up in his chair by now.

"He told me that I caused him to have two horrible days, then kinda hit on me, then made me realize that I am attracted to him. And I think he knows it."

"You think?"

"Ok, so I know."

"Well, what are you going to do now?"

"Move," Ginny said with a sheepish smile.

"You know that if you move, he'll just follow."

Ginny furrowed her eyebrows, "What makes you say that?"

"The Malfoy's always get what they want Gin, and right now you might be the next one on his list."

~*~

Draco was furious.

That wily witch pushed all his buttons, and turns out that it was Potter's stupid love bird.

He was griping and complaining and pacing in his office while his house elf, Leppy, was listening.

"Um. . . excuse me sirs. . Is you talking about Ms. Weasley sirs?"

Draco stopped and looked at the elf with a quizzical look, "Yeah, so?"

"Well . . . Now please don't be mad at Leppy, Leppy just overheard master talking and Leppy remembers the master laughing about a Ms. Weasley breaking up her engagement with that Potter boy."

Draco's face lit up, "That's right. Leppy, you're a genius," and he grabbed his cloak and apparated back into her flat.

~*~

Ginny flopped down onto Neville's couch with a huff.

He looked over at her, "Do you want something?"

Ginny rolled her head to the side to look at him, "Nah, I guess I should be getting back. It's already 9:30 and I still have to take a shower. I gotta get

up in the morning and look for a new job."

"Alright, if you need anything I'll be here."

"You aren't going to be naked are you?"

"As long as you don't apparate into the bathroom, you should be okay."

Ginny smiled and apparated back to her flat.

As soon as she popped into her living room she seen him, jumped, and fell over, "What are you doing here? AGAIN," she screamed at him from the floor.

Draco stood with grace and looked down at her, "I can see your knickers."

Ginny looked down and closed her legs quickly and growled in frustration. She hoisted herself off the floor, "Okay Malfoy, what do you want?"

"Why did you dump Potter?"

Ginny was confused at the randomness of his question.

"Is that any of your business," Ginny asked him with her hands on her hips.

"It is now."

"Why?"

"Because I want to know."

"Are you serious?"

"Malfoy's are always serious."

Ginny rolled her eyes, "Well, I have decided that it is not any of your business, so. . . there."

Draco shrugged, "Fine, I'll find out from someone else."

"Like who?"

"Potter."

"He wouldn't talk to you."

Draco stood there with a look on his face that told her she obviously had no idea.

Ginny stood there trying to decide if he knew something she didn't.

"Well, are you going to tell me or not because I can go elsewhere."

"Well, why do you want to know?"

"Because I want to know why you would dump him since you were so in love with him when we were in school," he said in that annoying superior tone he was infamous for.

"You know, I don't trust you enough!"

Draco held his arms out to the side in a gesture to present himself to her, "How can you not trust me?

"Simple. Because you're a Slytherin!"

"Where's your Gryffindor courage all of you are supposed to have," Draco asked with a smirk on his face, "You should be telling me and then wait for me to squish your heart. That's courage you know."

"No, that's trust, and I don't trust you. I'm not being cowardly, I'm being smart and protecting myself from your devious pranks."

Draco was beginning to get impatient, "Look, Weaslette, tell me now or I'm going to Potter."

Ginny shrugged her shoulders and decided to take a chance, "Go to him, see if I care, see if he'll tell you!"

He walked menacingly over to her and she instinctively backed up against the wall away from him.

He glared right in her eyes as he pressed his whole body against hers and brought his face mere inches from hers and gritted through his teeth, "You'll regret not telling me," and he apparated.

Ginny sighed and shook her head. She walked into her bedroom and flopped onto the bed, clothes and all, and decided that sleep is what she

needed to deal with her two new-founded problems, not to mention the previous ones, tomorrow.

~*~

The next morning, Draco sat up in bed, stretched and strolled into his bathroom.

"Good Morning, handsome," his mirror said flirtatiously.

Draco never could keep himself from smiling when she said that, even if

it was just a mirror.

"Morning," he replied suavely.

He took off his pajamas and glanced at himself in the mirror before sinking into the almost pool sized tub.

He floated over to his only other two taps, cinnamon and pine, and turned them on. Brown and green bubbles floated over the top of the water.

After a moment, he turned off the tap, so the smells wouldn't be overbearing, and soaked in the water.

After an hour, he got out and dressed in his black satin robes. At the snap of his fingers, Leppy appeared with the Daily Prophet in his hand, "What would the master like for breakfast, sir?"

"Blueberry pancakes with bacon," Draco said, sitting down at his little breakfast table and opening his paper.

"Milk or orange juice, sir?"

"Both."

Leppy nodded and popped out of the room.

Draco continued to read the paper, the sat up suddenly as his eyes fell upon a name he should have thought of earlier. Someone who knew everyone's juicy gossip.

~*~

Ginny sat up in her bed around nine o'clock and still felt sleepy. She slipped her feet in to her slippers and padded out to her little kitchen.

She opened her cabinet and remembered there was no food, "Fortesque's ice cream it is."

~*~

"Pansy, I need something from you."

Pansy looked up from her magazine at her desk, "Dear, you always need something."

Her attitude really ticked him off sometimes, and this was one of those times, "Well you know what Parkinson? That is your bloody job, you are my secretary. You're supposed to do everything I ask you, not read a fucking magazine while you're on MY time!"

She rolled her eyes. She actually had the nerve to roll her eyes at him.

"Don't roll your eyes at me," he said with his hands on his hips.

Pansy smirked, "Yes mother."

He pursed his lips and decided to ignore her last comment, "Why did Weasley break up with Potter?"

Pansy tossed her magazine onto her desktop, "Is there a certain reason you want to know?"

"I always have a reason, but you're not always privileged to know it."

Pansy shrugged, no surprise to her. She leaned forward and put her elbows on the desk, "Well, it's rumored that he cheated on her with Granger, and that he was bad in bed. But I know that the real reason is because he tried to tie her down too much."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, he wouldn't let her go out with her friends, or go to a bar, or really to do anything but what he wanted her to do."

"Well, what did she want to do so bad?"

"Well, nothing in particular I don't guess. But I do know she likes muggle ballet and opera."

Draco raised an eyebrow.

Pansy just shrugged, "Don't ask me, I'm not the one who likes it."

Draco just turned and walked into his office.

~*~

the new little waitress sat Ginny's ice cream in front of her, "You're up early this morning Miss Weasley."

"Yeah, I'm job searching."

"I hear that Emerald Enterprises is hiring."

Ginny's eyes lit up, "Really?" that was a desk job, just what she was looking for.

"Yeah, I think a few secretary positions are open."

"Thanks a lot."

The waitress nodded and went back inside.

Once she finished she left a Sickle for a tip and went off down the street to the new building near Gringotts. Now it was the biggest building on Diagon Alley.

She walked in and she looked around in amazement. Everything was elegant and high class. She walked up to the little circulation desk and a witch in emerald green robes looked up at her.

Ginny smiled and said, "Hi, I was wondering if there were any job opennings?"

The witch nodded, "Yes, but it's on the muggle side of the company. The boss is hiring wizards and witches for those departments too, but they handle the muggle part of the business, so if you get hired, you'd be working with muggles."

Ginny nodded, "No problem. Where do I go to talk to someone?"

"Through those doors. There's an office to your right, that's the employment office."

"Thanks," and Ginny went through the doors the witch had pointed to.

~*~

Draco was staring at the muggle papers on his desk. Actually he had been staring at them for the past hour, thinking about Harry keeping her from doing anything.

Why would anyone want to contain her energy? It was beyond him.

What still amazed him was the fact that she actually left him. She had enough courage to go against her family, and the Wizarding World for that matter, and actually dump Harry Fucking Potter.

The more things he learned about her, the more intrigued he was.

~*~

"Oh my goodness! Ginny?"

Ginny's vision was obstructed by a mass of curly brown hair, "Hermione?"

"Yes, it's me! How have you been," Hermione asked, releasing Ginny from her hug.

"I'm okay. What are you doing here?"

"Oh! I work here," Hermione said with a bright smile, "I'm the head of the employment office, and I'm the Office Manager, the Resource Manager, head of the Human Resources office, and the accountant."

"Wow, Hermione. You must be overloaded with all those jobs to do," Ginny asked with some concern on her face and in her voice.

Hermione waved her hand to dismiss Ginny's concern, "Overloaded? Never! I love my job!"

"Well, I guess I'm not that surprised."

"What are doing here?" Hermione asked suddenly.

"I'm, uh, looking for a job."

Hermione's face brightened, "Really? You're hired! Now we're work buddies!"

Ginny put fake enthusiasm into her voice, "Yay."

"You can start tomorrow!"

"Ok, I'll meet you back here then?"

"Yes! Meet me here and I'll go over your paperwork and show you how to do everything!"

~*~

Ginny slumped into the bar later that evening.

"You look happy," Neville said while drying a mug with a white towel.

"I'm exhausted."

"Well, are you gonna share," Neville asked with raised eyebrows.

"I went looking for a job this morning and. . . I found one," Ginny said with forced happiness.

"What, don't you like it?"

"I think I will, but I met Hermione today."

"Really? No one has seen her in ages!"

"Yeah, I know. She's been hiding away at her job. She's like a manager, or officer or something. That's all she really does."

"Where?"

"She works at Emerald Enterprises, in the employment office. I met her there because I heard it had some job openings. She's the one that gave me the job."

"Well, that's great! I think you'll love that job."

"Yeah, but Hermione insisted I go to lunch with her. She's very, um, energetic."

"Hey, that'll wear off. She misses you."

"Yeah, I know, that's why I haven't quit my job yet."

Neville smiled and went down the bar to take someone's order.

Ginny celebrated her new job with a muggle margarita and apparated home.

No one was waiting on the couch.

She breathed a sigh of relief and went to take a shower.

She ignored the little pang of disappointment she felt.

~*~

It had been three weeks since he had talked to her. He hadn't seen her out anywhere, and she hadn't been going to the bar.

He was staring at the stupid things muggles called `paychecks.' Stupid little pieces of paper that say how much he was paying them. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't have to sign every little one.

He was signing all of them as fast as he could when a name caught his eye, Ginevra Weasley.

He looked at it for a minute, then jumped out of his desk and rushed down to Hermione Granger's office.

"Granger," he growled at her.

Hermione jumped a little and looked up at him like a deer caught in headlights, "Yes?"

"Why, had no one informed me that a Weasley was working here?"

Hermione's face showed a little more surprise at this and she replied, "Oh, well, sir, I was not aware that a fact like this was so. . . important to you."

"Well, it is. Tell her to go to my office first thing in the morning," he turned briskly and started to billow out the door when he whipped around and added, "And Granger, do not tell her who I am. I have a feeling that she doesn't know. If I find you have done otherwise, you will no longer have your beloved job."

Hermione just nodded mutely.

A/N: You know you want to push the review button. :)


-->