Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Devil's Bed by Waterlilly
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Devil's Bed

Waterlilly

A/N: Okay, this was a quick update, but I need more time to write the next chapter! So, don't maul me! I think the next chapter is going to be a big one!

Chapter 10

"Honey, it's just so great that you've changed your hair back. We've all been so worried about you."

"Mom, only you have been worried about me because you want me home. But I'm still fine."

"No, I'm not the only one, Ron has been worried about you too."

Ginny rolled his eyes, "Of course he is."

"And what is that supposed to mean young lady?"

Ginny could just imagine her mother's hands on her hips on the other side of the fire, and fought the urge to roll her eyes again. She took a calming breath and said, "Mother, anytime he wants to speak to me, or see me, he always has Harry with him. So I don't talk to Ron, and I don't see him."

"Well, why don't you want to talk to him? No one knows what happened between you two."

"Well, it's no one's business!"

"Well, honey you disappeared months before the war and it was a long time afterwards before you turned up again. Your family deserves to know!"

"I'm not discussing this with you. It's my business!"

"Did you cheat on Harry?"

Ginny stared at her mother with her mouth hanging open in shock and indignation, "I cannot believe you!" Ginny stood up and stomped out of the apartment, leaving her mother desperately calling her name.

~*~

Ginny stormed into Emerald Enterprises in a foul mood. She sat down hard in her chair with a scowl on her face, and started shoving papers around on her desk.

Hermione watched her for a few minutes and said, "Um, Ginny? Mr. Malfoy wanted to see you."

Ginny stared at Hermione and debated yelling at her. Ginny decided to keep shoving papers around on her desk.

"Um, Ginny? Aren't you going to go?"

Ginny slammed her hands down on her desk, "Hermione, do you always have to butt into people's business? Just leave me alone for once! Sometimes people don't need your help!"

Ginny stood up and stomped out of the room to go to Mr. Malfoy's office.

When she got up to the little waiting room, Pansy was reading a magazine, like always.

Pansy looked up and said, "Whoa, you're murky. Do you want me to cleanse your aura?"

"Leave my aura alone," Ginny snapped at her.

Pansy shrugged and went back to looking at her magazine, "Fine, be murky."

Ginny's shoulders slumped, "Sorry, Pansy."

"That's okay."

Ginny furrowed her eyebrows at her, "Were you ever this nice in school?"

Pansy shrugged again and said, "No, I was a bitch."

Ginny grinned, "Oh, that's right."

"I'm not sure if he's in there or not, I think he might've snuck past me. You can still check though."

Ginny nodded and continued to his office.

She entered Draco's office and saw that he wasn't there. Curious, she began to look around.

I'm not snooping, I'm just browsing, she convinced herself. She wandered over to the window and looked down at the street.

She watched people trying to drag their shopping bags around for a few moments, then, just when she was about to turn away, she spotted bright blonde hair.

She did a double take and realized that it was Draco.

And he was hugging another woman and kissing her cheeks.

She watched them for a moment while they talked. She would laugh and casually put her hand on his arm. It made her sick.

After a few more times of her placing her hands on his arm, Ginny was ready to go down there and hex her to death.

But then he placed his hand on her lower back and led her off down the street, and out of sight.

~*~

Ginny wasn't going to cry. She really wasn't. She was too mad to cry.

She came out of his office and walked up to Pansy's desk.

Pansy looked up at her and said, "Wow, what happened?"

"He wasn't in there."

"Is that bad?"

"Well, it wouldn't have been, until I seen him on the street through his window."

Pansy sat there waiting for her to continue, and when she didn't, Pansy waved her hand in a circular motion to tell her to get on with it.

"He was talking to another woman. He hugged her and kissed her cheeks, and they were talking. She would laugh and put her hand on his arm. Then he put his hand on her lower back and led her off down the street!"

"Okay, don't panic! I have an idea. You know the party that the Daily Spell throws every year?"

"Yeah, I had to go when I worked there."

"Are you willing to be a Slytherin for a while?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are you willing to be a sly, mischievous bitch?"

Ginny wasn't really sure so she asked, "Why?"

"Because, honey. You got to make him realize that you are who he wants. You need to make him insanely jealous!"

"Okay, how do I do that?"

"I'm going to give you a make-over, and you are going to show up with a hot date."

"Like who?"

Pansy smirked, "Blaise Zabini."

~*~

She was sitting on Neville's couch sipping Muggle vodka.

Neville was watching her, waiting for a chance to snatch the bottle and hide it.

"I don't know what to do! I'm in love with him and then I find him with that woman. What is wrong with me Neville? Harry and now him. I think I have a beacon for this type actions."

Neville sighed, they had been through this after the `Harry Incident.'

He put his hand on her shoulder and said, "Ginny, it's nothing you did. Men can be jerks. And who knows, maybe it's not what you think."

"But what if it's exactly what I think? You're not a jerk, why couldn't I have fallen in love with you?"

"Well, find out if it's what you think, and for the other thing, that would be weird. And you're drunk, why don't I just take that. . ."

He snatched the bottle and Ginny just started laughing.

"And guess what I'm doing tomorrow night? I'm going to the Daily Spell party! With Blaise Zabini! Isn't that hilarious?!"

She burst out laughing again, while Neville just stared at her, "You are going to the party with Blaise Zabini? Why?"

"To make Draco jealous of course," she exclaimed as she once again burst into giggles.

But suddenly she stopped, "Oh man, Neville. I need a Sober Potion now, I gotta get back to my apartment!"

Neville sighed in relief and got up to fetch the potion.

Once she gulped it down, she apparated to her apartment. She put up apparition wards, cut off the floo network, sat down on her couch, and waited.

~*~

When he knocked on her door, she let herself remember what he had done, and slung open the door with anger evident on her face.

Draco was standing there with a box of cheesecake, and was grinning until he saw her face. His grin disappeared instantly and he asked, "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? You are what's wrong," she screamed at him and slammed the door in his face.

He stood there in shock for a second, and then the door opened long enough for Ginny to grab the box of cheesecake and slam it again.

He snapped out of his shock and yelled through door, "What did I do?"

"Don't even pretend like you don't know," she yelled through the door.

"Whatever, you know, I was going to invite you to go to a party with me, but maybe I won't take you," he threatened.

"That's great because I'm already going with someone else!"

"What?!"

"Yeah, that's right! So you just run along and I'll see you tomorrow night at the party!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

A/N: I KNOW, I KNOW! It's super short, but I need more time to write the next chapter like I mentioned at the top! So much pressure. . .

And leave a review to give me inspiration to write FASTER!

-->