Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Devil's Bed by Waterlilly
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Devil's Bed

Waterlilly

A/N: Okay, did anyone notice the significance in Ginny buying a new book? Anybody? I hope you guys did, because no one reviewed about it. . . just wondering because that was an important step for their relationship. . .

Anyway, you guys may consider this to be short, but it's really just a filler chapter, I'm trying to find a way to wrap it up. Any suggestions? Mild suggestions, please. . . ones that I can build on and kind of make my own. .

Enough of the author's note, and on with the chapter!

Chapter 9

Pansy put her hand up to stop Ginny from talking, "Sweetheart, when does Draco Malfoy not have anything to say?"

Ginny thought about it and said, "Never," with a hint of realization in her voice.

Pansy pursed her lips in a satisfied manner, "Never."

Just then, Pansy's phone beeped, and Draco's voice rang out into the waiting room, "Pansy, is she on her way already? I'm dying here!"

Pansy lifted her finger to her mouth to indicate that Ginny should be quiet and then said to the speaker phone, "Why are you always so impatient, I'm sure she's busy. She will probably be here any moment now."

"No, she is not busy, she isn't at her desk!"

"Have you been watching her again?"

"Shut it, Pansy. I can't help it. Any day I'll fuck everything up and she'll have nothing to do with me, so let me obsess if I fucking want too!"

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry, just stop freaking out, I'm sure she'll fall in love with you soon."

"Well, it better be soon or I'm going to go insane!"

"Shhhhh, she's coming," Pansy whispered, then she shut the speaker off.

"Now, isn't nothing something?"

Ginny nodded. She was a little shocked by what she had heard, "What do I do, Pansy?"

"Just go see what he wants, then decide."

Ginny nodded and headed for his office doors.

Draco sat almost at the edge of his seat, "Hey, Ginny. How are you?"

"I'm okay," she said quietly, not really sure what else to say.

Draco furrowed his eyebrows, "You seem nervous, are you really okay?"

Ginny forced a smile, "Yeah, but um. . . the last time I came here I ended up in America."

Draco smiled, "Yeah, that was a great time."

Ginny nodded in agreement, then, before the tension rose between them, she asked, "So, what am I here for this time?"

He picked up a book off of his desk and held it up in his hand, "Look what I got us."

Ginny walked up to the desk and took the book. It was And Then There Were None, by Agatha Christie.

Ginny smiled, "Great, we're on the last chapter of the other one."

"So, I'll see you tonight?"

Ginny, slightly disappointed, nodded and walked out of the office.

~*~

It was his turn to read that night, and Ginny decided that it was time.

Time for what?

She didn't know, but she knew it was time for something. Anything.

So, she told him if he was cold he could get under the blanket. . .

She scooted closer to him. . .

She looked into his eyes. . .

She stared at his lips. . .

She did everything she knew to do. . .

And the bastard was oblivious. . .

What else is she supposed to do?

So, she just said it. . .

"When are you going to do something," Ginny nearly shouted at him.

He jumped mid-sentence and looked at her in bewilderment, "What?"

"Am I not desirable? Am I not pretty? What is wrong with me?"

"Why. . . why would you think that," he asked nervously.

"Because I have given you hints and you are completely oblivious!"

"Well, not completely oblivious. . . I have noticed. . ."

"Then what the hell are you doing here," Ginny said, willing herself not to cry for being so stupid. She knew she shouldn't have fallen in love with him, life was never fair to her when it came to love.

"I'm trying to be a gentlemen and not force myself on you," Draco said defensively, "I didn't know you wanted to move so fast."

"I don't want to move fast!"

"Then why are you freaking out? Do you want to sleep with me?"

"No! I mean I don't know. Not right now, but you can't just kiss me and then act like nothing happened. Do you want to sleep with me?"

"Yes! I mean, not right now, when you're ready. Are you ready?"

"No, I just want some sign of interest, that's all."

"I come over here everyday, and you think that I have no interest in you?"

"Not romantically. You haven't done anything since that kiss, so I thought you had changed your mind."

Draco relaxed and looked into her eyes, "No, you said you weren't ready. I made the first move, and you weren't ready, so I thought you would make the next."

Ginny nodded to show that she understood and said, "Well, kiss me."

Draco smirked and kissed her softly. The kiss deepened, and when they broke apart, Ginny whispered, "We might want to finish the chapter tomorrow."

Draco nodded and stood up. He kissed her forehead and said, "Goodnight, Ginny."

She smiled, "Goodnight, Draco."

~*~

Ginny got up and apparated to Neville's apartment.

He was sitting on the couch waiting for her, so she just sat down beside him.

He grinned at her, "So, did you do it?"

She just nodded.

"Does he know you overheard him talking to Pansy?"

She shook her head, still smiling.

"So what was the point in your plan?"

"To let him know that I'm interested, and to kiss him."

"So, what are you going to do now?"

"Keep kissing him."

"Until. . ."

"I know I'm in love with him."

"And then what are you going to do?"

Ginny's smiled widened, "More than kiss him!"

~*~

The next day, she didn't get any work done. All she did was daydream and look forward to getting home from work, just so she could wait some more.

But tonight, was another test she had prepared for Draco, he just didn't know it yet.

"Hermione, do you know the spell to change my hair back to my natural color," Ginny asked her just before leaving the office.

Hermione looked up from her work, a little shocked. They didn't talk much, so it surprised her a little, "Yeah, do you want me to do it?"

Ginny smiled in relief and replied, "Yes, please."

Hermione simply lifted her wand and poof, no more blonde hair.

Ginny looked at it and said, "Thanks Hermione."

Hermione smiled back, "No problem. I'll see you tomorrow?"

Ginny nodded and waved good- bye.

She went to the bar before returning home and liked the shock Neville greeted her with.

"I thought you liked your hair," he said to her as she sat down.

"I did, this is a test for Draco."

"Okay, how are you testing him?"

"Well, I'm a Weasley, and I was lacking my Weasley trait. Maybe it will trigger some covered hatred for me."

Neville looked confused, "Do you want him to hate you?"

"No, I want him to like me for me, not someone else."

"But you were still the same when you had blonde hair."

Ginny rolled her eyes, "What is it with guys not understanding anything?"

"What is it with women and their tests? Leave us alone, because you set us up to fail!"

"I'm not setting him up to fail," Ginny argued.

"We'll see."

Ginny stood up to leave, "Well, I have faith in him!"

"That makes one of us."

Ginny just glared at him and left the bar.

~*~

Draco knocked on the door, and Ginny jumped up to answer it.

When she flung open the door, she studied his face to see his first initial reaction.

He raised his eyebrows and cocked his head to the side, "Get tired of being blonde?"

Ginny just nodded, still trying to read his reactions.

He walked past her and said, "Good, too much longer and you would've turned into a dumb blonde."

Ginny feigned hurt and said, "Hey, I'm not dumb!"

"Well, now you're not. I was wondering when you were going to turn your hair back."

"Well, do you like it," she asked confused.

He shrugged and turned back to her, "You look like you used to."

She put her hands on her hips, getting ready to be angry, "Does that mean you don't like it?"

"No, it goes better with your freckles," he said nonchalantly while heading to her bedroom with the cheesecake.

Ginny smiled to herself and followed him, "I'm glad you like it. It's great to be me again."

Draco sat on the bed and grinned at her, "Yeah, now I feel like I'm actually dating Ginny Weasley, and not some new random woman I met on the street."

Ginny chuckled, "Um, actually, you met me by attacking me in a dark hallway. That's very different from the street."

"Well, if I had met you on the street, I wouldn't have chased you down, and therefore, we would not be dating."

Ginny slowly sat down on the bed herself and asked thoughtfully, "We're dating?"

Draco furrowed his eyebrows and looked at her, "What do you think we're doing?"

She smiled and brushed a lock of platinum hair from his face, "I guess we're dating."

Draco stared into her eyes for what seemed like hours, he took a deep breath, looked away, and said, "Well, time to finish this book!"

A/N: Okay, you guys beg me for new chapters, so I'm gonna beg you for reviews!!!

-->