Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Devil's Bed by Waterlilly
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Devil's Bed

Waterlilly

A/N: Okay, here it is! I hope I did okay. . . Enjoy!

Chapter 11

The next morning, Pansy was filing her fingernails at her desk when Draco yelled, "Fuck," making Pansy jump and look at him.

"What is it, darling," Pansy asked, trying to hide her smirk.

"Well, Pansy I told you I would fuck it up, but I don't know what in the world I did!"

"Oh! I forgot, I have to go to her apartment this morning," Pansy got up, gathered her purse and started to leave.

"What do you mean? She's not coming to work?"

"No, I'm going to her house."

"You two are supposed to be working!"

"What are you gonna do, Drakie? Fire me," Pansy asked while walking out of the door.

"Yeah, that's what I should do!"

Pansy just laughed and said while continuing out the door, "See you at the party Draco!"

~*~

"Okay, so what are you going to do to me?"

Pansy just laughed and said, "Ginny, don't worry! We're going shopping!"

"Pansy, I don't have that much money! I can't just go shopping!"

"Don't worry," she held up a rectangular plastic card, "We're going Muggle shopping, and this is Draco's credit card!"

"Credit card?"

"It's Muggle money, don't worry about it, especially since it's Draco's!"

"Okay, if you insist. . ."

~*~

It was almost four o'clock before they returned with shopping bags.

"Pansy, I'm so tired I don't think I can make it through the party," Ginny said as she flopped onto her couch.

Pansy waved her hand at her, "Nonsense, this is essential! Come on, let's get you ready!"

Ginny sighed and followed Pansy into her bathroom.

"Okay, let's do your make- up first," Pansy said, pulling out silver and gold eye shadow.

"Whoa, I didn't pick out any make-up."

"I know, I did. Trust me, this will go great with the black dress."

"But I don't like the black dress," Ginny said, trying not to whine.

"Well, I think you look sexy in it! That's the point of this party, to look sexy! And, I'm sorry, but pink is not sexy, and it doesn't go with your hair. Are you sure we can't dye it?"

"Yes, remember, he has to like me for who I am. And that includes my Weasley hair."

"Okay, if you insist. . ."

Ginny smiled at her and said, "I really appreciate this, Pansy."

Pansy smiled back, "No problem."

~*~

A little while later Pansy was admiring Ginny in the mirror.

"I don't know Pansy, this dress is so. . . revealing. . . I don't think I have enough confidence to wear something like this!"

The dress was long and elegant with a slit on the right side that reached to over half of her thigh. The back was cut out and reached to the bottom of her tail-bone (Ginny had protested this at first by saying, "Pansy, if I move too much you'll see my crack!").

It was a halter top, and dipped down below her breasts to the middle of her stomach. It clung to everything Ginny had, and caused her to have a slight problem breathing. With her hair done in a high bun, and her black strappy stiletto heels, Ginny looked like she stepped out of a magazine.

"Honey, you can pull this dress off, trust me! You look stunning!"

"Thanks, Pansy. You did a great job."

"I know, I know, now come on! We have to meet Blaise there!"

~*~

Draco was in a fowl mood. He had know idea what happened between them. He thought everything was going great with Ginny.

So why was he here at the party with Emilia instead?

He hadn't even worn his best suit. What was the point?

~*~

Ginny was so nervous she couldn't stand it. She never like Blaise Zabini, and here she was attending the biggest party of the year with him instead of Draco!

He was just a couple of inches shorter than Draco, but still a head taller than Ginny. Her stilettos put her almost eye-level with him. He had jet black hair that fell into his eyes, which were the color of a pine tree.

She had to admit he was handsome, however, he was more rugged, where Draco was aristocratic.

She had her arm hooked through his and had a fake smile plastered across her face. She made small talk with her old co-workers, while Blaise paraded her around like she was actually his girlfriend.

She could easily see everyone in the room, since there were practically no decorations. There were just a few balloons and streamers here and there, but they made up for with a fabulous mini-bar.

Then she saw Draco across the room. He didn't look like he was enjoying himself, and that made her just a little happy.

Then she saw that woman hooked onto his arm, talking to him like he was actually listening.

She stood there watching them for a moment, when Blaise noticed where she was staring, and for an unknown reason, he stared too.

After a few more minutes, Draco noticed them. He eyes widened in shock, then narrowed in anger.

He started to stalk over toward them, dragging the insufferable blonde behind him.

Draco just stared at Blaise, and the woman smiled an evil smile at Ginny.

She was wearing a blood red dress that was floor length, long sleeves, and had a collar to boot. "I know I look better than her," Ginny thought to herself.

She held out her hand and said, "Well, hello. My name is Emilia, what's yours?"

"Ginevra," Ginny managed to ground out, not taking her hand.

"How. . . nice. . ." she pulled her hand back, then turned her attention to Blaise saying, "Well, Blaise how nice to see you again," she smiled as she looked down at his crotch and back up to his eyes.

Draco noticed and scowled even more.

"What's your problem, Malfoy, don't like my date," Ginny snapped at Draco.

"No, do you like mine," he retorted.

"No, who is she?"

Emilia had caught what they were saying and said, "Um, excuse me I'm standing right here."

Ginny ignored her and raised her eyebrows at Draco, "Well?"

"She is an ex- girlfriend of mine."

Ginny was a little shocked, she had been hoping that she was some long lost cousin, but life just isn't fair.

"Oh really? What happened? Did you cheat on her too?"

Draco glared at Ginny, then scowled at her date, "No, she cheated on me."

Ginny didn't let her surprise show on her face, "Really? With who?"

Blaise looked down at her and said, "With me."

~*~

Pansy entered the party a little after everyone else. She believed in the concept of `fashionably late.'

However, on this one occasion, she wished she had come earlier.

Across the room, she could see Ginny, Blaise, Draco, and, "Oh Merlin. . . is that. . . Emilia?!"

Pansy rushed across the room, as fast as he could in stilettos, and stood beside Ginny, "Hi, Ginny," she said looking at Emilia, "We need to talk."

"Oh, no, Pansy, it's okay, she already knows," Draco said through clenched teeth.

"Oh, hi Draco, um how are you?"

"I'm just peachy, Parkinson, how are you?"

"Um. . . great! Thanks for asking. . ."

"Yeah, I bet you are, give me my credit card."

"What? Oh. . . right. . . here."

Draco snatched it from her outstretched fingers.

"Thanks Pansy."

"No problem, Ginny, seriously we need to talk."

Emilia, who had been making eyes at Blaise the entire time, said, "It's okay. . . Pansy. . . is it? We'll just take our conversation elsewhere."

Emilia smiled evilly at Ginny, grabbed Blaise's arm and they walked away to get a snack from the food bar.

Ginny, Draco, and Pansy just stood in an awkward silence for a few moments before Pansy said, "Wow, look at that mini- bar, I'll be back!"

So it was just Ginny and Draco.

Draco eventually looked at her and said, "So, is that what I did wrong?"

"Yeah, how did you guess?"

"I didn't do anything with her, Ginny."

"How can I be sure? I saw you two being all cuddly together in Diagon Alley!"

Draco sighed, "I know what you saw may not have been innocent to you, but I'm buying her father's business, and I have to be nice to her or I'll be spending double his original price for me."

"So. . . you were just being nice to her because you're buying her father's business?"

"Yes."

"And you had a relationship, but now it's over?"

"Yes."

"Because she cheated on you."

"Yes."

"With Blaise?"

"Yes."

"Blaise Zabini?"

"Yes."

"The guy I came to the party with?"

"Yes."

"Were you in love with her?"

Draco shrugged, "I cared for her, yes. Given time, I could've loved her, but no, it never got that far."

Relief flooded through Ginny at those words, "Right, so. . ."

"I believe you owe me an apology."

Ginny was taken aback, he was right, but apologize? That was intense, that was admitting she was wrong. She had never admitted she was wrong, to anyone.

"I think you're right."

Now it was Draco's turn to be taken aback, "Really?"

"Yes, I owe you an apology. I overreacted, and I was paranoid, and for that I'm sorry."

Draco smiled, "I accept your apology. By the way, you look stunning."

"Well, I had to be stunning to make you jealous."

"It worked. I had to have a date to this thing to make you jealous.

Ginny smiled, "It worked."

"Do you want to leave and get something to eat?"

"Yeah! Let's get out of here."

"What do you want to eat?"

Ginny thought for a moment and said, "Hot dogs."

Draco raised his eyebrows in surprise, "Are you sure?"

Ginny nodded and Draco said, "Okay, let's go."

He wrapped his arms around her and they apparated.

He apparated them behind a sub shop, and they went inside to eat. Ginny had three hotdogs, and Draco just had a sandwich.

Once Ginny was done with her third hot dog Draco asked, "Where do you put all of that food?"

Ginny smiled sheepishly and shrugged, "I have great metabolism."

Draco smiled and, after a few moments, said, "Would you like to finish our book now?"

Ginny brightened at the idea, "Yes, that's a great idea!"

~*~

She was really trying to concentrate.

She really was.

But all she wanted to do was kiss him.

So she closed her eyes and just listened to him read the last few pages.

When he finally got to the end, he shut the book and looked down at her.

She smiled and sat up saying, "Wow, that wasn't what I expected at all,"

Draco didn't say anything. He just leaned in and kissed her deeply.

When he pulled back, he had a little smile on his face.

He started to get out of the bed, but Ginny held onto his hand.

"Draco, I'm ready."

Draco just stared at her.

"Draco. . . are you okay?"

Draco kept staring at her and she shifted slightly under his scrutiny.

"Are you sure, Ginny?"

She pulled him in for a kiss, and nodded against his lips.

Ginny started to let herself lie back onto the bed with him on top of her when he pulled back and said, "Ginny. . . do you love me?"

"Yes, Draco. I love you."

"I love you too," and he climbed on top of her, kissing her like there was no tomorrow.

~*~

A/N: And well. . . you know. . . anyway, make sure and leave me a review! They're like candy!!

-->