Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Devil's Bed by Waterlilly
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Devil's Bed

Waterlilly

Chapter 12

The next morning, Draco woke up with a smile on his face. He looked down at Ginny, who had her head resting on his shoulder, and noticed that she was fast asleep.

He raised his arm slowly to remove it from under her head. When her head slid onto the pillow, he laid there holding his breath, waiting for her to wake up.

When she didn't', he got up and went into her bathroom to take a shower.

~*~

Molly popped her head into the living room. She listened for a moment and was about to call Ginny's name, when she heard her coming from her room.

Molly was about to greet her daughter good morning, when a man came out of the room instead.

A naked man.

A naked man who was damp from taking a shower.

He had a towel and was hand drying his hair, so she couldn't see his face.

She gasped and the man stopped dead in front of her and slowly lowered the towel from his face.

His eyes were wide, and Molly's own eyes about fell out of her head.

It was Draco Malfoy, naked in her daughter's apartment.

~*~

Draco had just got out of the shower, and was going to the kitchen to make them some cappuccino. He was drying his hair with a towel, and as he got halfway across her living room, he heard a gasp.

He was sure it wasn't Ginny's. He slowly lowered his towel, and his eyes met Molly Weasley's.

Molly snapped out of her shock and said, "Oh. Merlin. What is going on here?"

Draco stared at her, not knowing what to say. He was naked for Merlin's sake!

Finally, he said the first thing that came to his mind, "I had permission!"

This didn't really go over Molly to well, and her face became blood red.

That scared Draco a little bit, so to try to do some damage control, he said, "I love her! I promise I do!"

Molly wasn't convinced and yelled, "GINNY!"

There was a loud thump, and Ginny came stumbling out of her bedroom with a sheet clutched to herself.

Ginny first saw a naked Draco in her living room, looking like he'd seen a ghost, then she looked into her fireplace to see none other than her mother's head.

Ginny froze in her doorway and just stared at her mother. She wasn't sure to be scared, or to be pissed.

She decided to be pissed.

"Mom! You have to stop popping into my apartment!"

"Well, it looks like I should be popping in more often!"

"Mom, no offense, but I'm a grown woman, and if I want to bring my boyfriend to my apartment for pleasure, I will!"

"Boyfriend?!"

"Yes, mother! Boyfriend, and I'm in love with him!"

"Is this who you cheated on Harry with?"

Draco's eyes widened when he saw the look of pure rage on Ginny's face.

Ginny was so furious that she couldn't see straight, "Mother, how many times do I have to tell you that it's none of your business?"

"You never answer the question so I assume you did cheat on him!"

That was it. Ginny was tired, so tired that she wasn't going to cover his ass anymore!

"Mom, I wasn't the one who cheated! He's with Hermione now! So stop asking me whether or not I cheated on your precious baby!"

Molly was definitely shocked, "He. . . he. . . cheated on you?"

Ginny pursed her lips in frustration, "Mom, I'm not telling you the whole story. I don't know if he did or not. We're not together anymore, so can we please just drop it?"

Molly looked apologetically to Draco, and then back to Ginny, "I'm sorry, dear. I really am. You have your own life now, and I guess I'm just not used to it. So, I'm guessing you had a good time at the party?"

Draco's face flushed a dark red for half of a second before he gained control again.

Ginny shrugged, "The party itself wasn't that great."

Molly's eyes flicked to Draco. His eyes were a little wider than normal.

"I. . . I thought . . . the party was . . . okay. . ." he said trailing his sentence off, and Ginny noticed his voice was shaking ever so slightly.

Molly, trying to make a light conversation with him, said, "That must be bollocks, darling. Everyone know that the after- party is always more fun. Where did you guys go after the party?"

"Um, we came back here. . . Mom."

"Oh, right. . ." Molly realized that Draco was still naked and said, "Well, I think I've stepped across some `Mother and daughter's boyfriend' lines, so I'm going. Have a good day," and she popped out of the fireplace as fast as she could.

Ginny started laughing.

Draco looked over at her with a puzzled look on his face, "Why are you laughing?"

Ginny suppressed her giggles enough to get out, "You were standing there naked the whole time," before bursting into giggles again.

Draco looked down again and said, "Fuck," and almost lost enough control to run back to her bedroom, but not quite.

~*~

By lunchtime, Ginny had received an owl asking her to join the whole family at the Burrow the next day. Including Draco.

When she read the letter through again, she looked up at Draco and said, "Would you like to do me a favor?"

He looked up at her from the Daily Prophet and said, "Sure, what is it?"

"Come to dinner with me and my whole family at the Burrow," she said simply, acting like it was no big deal.

"Um, never-mind. I don't want to do that one. Can I pick another favor, please?"

She gave him a stern look, "You're my boyfriend now, and my family now knows, so no you cannot pick another favor!"

Draco sighed and laid the paper down on the table, "They will kill me, Ginny! They don't like me remember?"

"I didn't like you, but now you're my boyfriend," Ginny argued.

"And you almost killed me before we got this far!"

"No, I ran from you, I didn't try to kill you."

"Ah, that's a technicality. You were a tease!"

"So were you," Ginny shot back at him.

He smirked, "I'm a Malfoy, I'm too good looking not to be a tease!"

Ginny rolled her eyes, folded the letter, and said, "Get over it, you're coming with me," while walking out of the kitchen.

Draco tossed down the paper, "I gotta find Pansy."

~*~

"Pansy, I need you to write down my will."

Pansy looked up from her magazine, "Your will?"

"Yes, my will because tomorrow I won't be alive."

Pansy was sitting on her couch, but she got up to get out of Draco's pacing range, "Why won't you be alive?"

"Because they're going to kill me!"

"Who?"

"THE WEASLEYS!"

"Oh."

"Yeah, Oh."

"I think you just need to calm yourself, and be prepared for some heated arguments with her millions of brothers."

Draco shot her a look, "Okay, Pansy, be of more help, please."

"Well, be yourself. Well, not completely yourself, you can be an asshole, you know."

"Thanks, Pansy."

She smiled at him, "No problem. Listen, just try not to be rude, or sarcastic, and convince them that you really love their daughter/sister."

Draco put up his hands, "Whoa, love?"

Pansy, in turn, put her hands on her hips, "Who are you kidding?"

Draco put his hands down with a sigh, "Yeah, you're right."

~*~

Draco didn't show up to Ginny's flat until he absolutely had to. When he popped into her hallway, she had immediately opened the door, "Took you long enough! Come on, we're going to be late!"

~*~

Ginny had apparated them into her mother's kitchen. To Draco's surprise, it was empty.

Molly looked around, "Oh, hello Ginny dear. Everyone's out in the garden. It would be way too crowded in her with Harry and Hermione here too."

Ginny just nodded and took Draco's hand to lead him outside. Draco managed to get a polite "Afternoon, Mrs. Weasley," before Ginny had dragged him out of the house.

When they came into view of the table, everyone had immediately stopped talking when they realized that Draco Malfoy was standing in their garden holding Ginny's hand.

"Ginny, Ginny," Draco whispered out of the corner of his mouth, "they're staring at me. What do I do? They're going to kill me."

Ginny stole a glance at him and smirked before she said loudly, "Hi everyone! I'm sure you know my boyfriend, Draco."

-->