Unofficial Portkey Archive

Operation CoJacks by Viopathartic
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Operation CoJacks

Viopathartic

Operation CoJacks

Viopathartic

A/N: I would like to warn people that the Prime Minister of Britain in this fic has nothing to do with the real one. So if you're one of those highly dedicated supporters of the real PM, don't get mad at me for what happens in this chapter.

For a lengthier (I never knew that was word, swear to God) note from the spectacular Le, go to the end (but read chap. 13 first, please!)

Also…I just want to say:

I don't mind flamers. I mean, I know you guys don't have a life and stuff and that's why flame me but jeez…ReviewerOfTheWest, you gotta get one.

I seriously think it will help you.

This kid flamed me not only once…twice…but FIVE times.

And don't make fun of Operation CoJacks! What kind of name is ReviewerOfTheWest?


Chapter 13:

Next Day

"Edwards didn't come back from the VR last night," acknowledged Forest, "has anyone seen him?"

Malcolm shook his head, "Last time I saw him was when Fortimine was giving him an earful."

"Maybe he got kicked out?"

"That'd be good decision on CJ's part," commented Malcolm, "especially after what happened with him and Harry. I mean, knocking down a kid because he was gonna get to the circle before him...

The two roommates stopped picking up their clothes and looked over at Harry who was packing some stuff into a small suitcase. The owl of his was gone to who knows where and the cage appeared to need some cleaning. They hoped they wouldn't have to do it. They decided to clean the room after Forest had tripped over a bundle of clothes in front of his bed when he was moving around in the dark. He had a slight bump on his forehead now as a reminder.

"Where are you going, Harry?"

"Er...I'm going to be away for a few days."

"Nice suit," commented the both of them and they were amused to see the boy blush. For some unknown reason, their young roommate was dressed down in a suit.

"A wedding from I could see...but hey, trainees aren't allowed to visit their 'friends'."

Malcolm suddenly snickered. "Unless a certain trainee is friends with the head's niece."

Forest sighed dramatically, flopping onto his perfectly made bed. "So true." He reached above and behind him to smooth the corner of a scandalous poster on the wall. He smiled at it before looking at his roommates. "You know what's odd?"

"What, Forest?" asked Malcolm who then shared an amused glance with Harry.

"I think I'm getting Alzheimer's."

The both of them laughed but Harry was the only one who knew why Forest would be thinking that.

"You're a weird one, Forest," commented Malcolm.

Forest gave his roommate an affronted look. "And I suppose you remember what you did last night?"

"Yeah. I had no classes so I just stayed here most of the time."

"What time did you go to sleep?"

"At..." Malcolm broke off at the end. "Wait, I don't remember!"

"Maybe you have to work on memory recall," suggested Harry, who stuffed a clean t-shirt into his bag and hastily zipped it up.

Harry shook his head at uncanny similarities between his roommates and the Weasley twins' behavior as he shut the door behind him. He walked down the corridor, awkwardly nodding at the trainees who were eying his clothing. Some were looking at him suspiciously; other people narrowed their eyes. They still weren't used to a teenager being their fellow trainee. Once establishing that he was in a deserted hall, he closed his eyes and pictured Mr. L's face.

Luckily, he interrupted the Head as he was about to hug his niece goodbye. Slit looked amused at the fear that suddenly appeared on the young trainee's face.

Ben Lester glared at Harry once he arrived.

Harry awkwardly watched from a distance as Hermione saying her goodbyes to her uncle. Mr. L was completely different man with Hermione. He wasn't head of a secret government organization. He was Emma Granger's older brother and Hermione's favorite uncle. Ben smiled as his niece was in his arms, safe and sound.

Hermione told him some time ago that she would have to go to some wiz---sort of wedding. The whole witch/wizard thing was still surreal for Ben. After he left the room in which Hermione had confessed in, he immediately headed for his private sanctions. He ignored his colleagues' calls and the other agent's effort to get his attention and closed the door. The lights had been left untouched and the room was dark as his mind was at that moment.

This was another side of Hermione Granger that he never knew about. His niece was a witch, Emma and Dan knew that, and so, they've basically lied to him the whole time about their daughter's life.

Ben Lester decided he was going to have to pay his family a long, overdue visit.

Hermione let go finally and Ben felt as if the warmth left his body. She smiled, noticing his disappointment and said, "Don't worry, Uncle Benny; I'll be back in a few days."

He nodded. "I hope so." Ben gestured behind him, "he better take care of you."

His niece glanced over her uncle's shoulder and smiled softly as she saw Harry give her a small wave. "He always has."

"But," she said as she began to walk away, "if something does happen...don't be too hard on Harry. After all, he still has to save our world!"

As his friend walked towards him, Harry took in her appearance. The both of them had to dress formal for the wedding. Harry opted for the suit because he'd rather where this than the dress robes that remembered he wore for the Yule Ball.

But his simple outfit couldn't compare to Hermione's.

She was wearing a floaty, lilac-color dress with matching high heels. Unlike what she had done for fourth year, her hair was left in its natural state, but Harry could see she must have applied some sort of potion that kept her hair from frizzing. Her curls bounced as she made her way (a bit clumsily) over to him. Her hair appeared to be very soft and easy to run a hand to...and Harry wondered...

"These awful shoes will be the death of me," she muttered darkly, putting a hand on his shoulder to steady herself. Harry shook his head and walked towards Slit.

"So...when are you leaving?"

Slit checked his watch briefly before replying, "In a few hours. The location's not very far from headquarters."

"You better take care of her, Potter," warned Ben as he and Slit gathered around a circle that Hermione had drawn up.

Hermione turned her head, smirking just as the apparition was beginning. "Scared?"

Her friend let out a long breath. "Just a little."

Ben started when the two teenagers disappeared before his eyes while his agent stood unperturbed. "You'll get used to it, sir."

Later, as Slit suited up from the mission, he pondered. As much as he knew Harry was right, as much as he felt it himself, Slit still thought the mission was necessary.

Slit may never be able to explain it but he knew today was the right day to go on the mission. Sure, there may be casualties. His teammates might die. He might die. But if meant getting these stupid...Death Eaters and their muggle chumps, Slit would do anything.

"How many are going?" Ben asked, finally turning away from where his niece had just disappeared into thin air. He was notified of the basic details in the case and felt Slit was best to handle the equipment and number of people.

"15." Ben raised his eyebrows.

Slit explained, "Potter said there might be muggles and Death Eaters. The extra nine are merely precautions."

"Precautions...that may not even survive," said Ben. "Tanner, going on this mission might be the most idiotic decision on your part and mine for letting you go. We don't know who or what we're really up against. These magicians...wizards...."Death Eaters", whatever, are something else."

"I saw what we are up against when I fought in that Ministry battles. We may have weaknesses but I guarantee that they do too


Harry would have fallen on the ground if it weren't for Hermione who was holding his hand. She smiled, amused, and pulled him along.

Harry noticed that this was the exact point in which they had apparated to last time--only their reason this time was more delightful. The grass that they stood upon was a dazzling green, healthier than even the Dursleys' lawn. He suspected that magic had played as an important factor.

As they walked along the pathway, trails of assorted flowers pointed the way. Harry stopped and bent over to pick up a red daisy, handing it to a blushing Hermione. She accepted it. This time HE looked away and nervously ran a hand through his hair.

They finally arrived at the entrance of the Burrow's backyard, which was beautifully decorated. Lanterns were strung across the branches of the trees that surrounded the yard. Tables for the guests to sit down were neatly placed in a separate area in the back. In front were the seats for the guests. In the middle was an isle that was solely meant for the path of the bride.

"Harry dear!" exclaimed Mrs. Weasley, quickly embracing her surrogate son. "So good to see you again!" That was all she could say before she rushed off, instructing a bewildered helper about flower arrangements.

Suddenly a small person launched itself into Harry's unsuspecting arms.

"What the--" He forcefully pushed the person away. "Ginny!"

His ex-girlfriend smiled widely at him when he said her name. She was dressed nicely as well, only her dress was a light pink. It was the customary color for all of the bridesmaids. "Hi Harry!"

"Hello," he greeted her formally with a forced smile.

Ginny looked behind him, purposefully overlooking Hermione who was wearing a sour expression. "I see...uh, Slit hasn't come this time."

"No, he's, er...doing something else of importance," Harry answered, looking around the yard instead of Ginny. Her bright smile faded a little but then she lit up again. "Can you believe it? Bill and Phlegm getting married?" She laughed, expecting him to do the same.

"Yeah, they make an interesting couple I guess," he answered, just because he had to. Ginny continued to ignore Hermione.

Harry was lucky this time; Ron came over, holding hands with Luna. The two stepped in front of Ginny, effectively cutting Ginny off from the circle.

"Hey Harry!" His best friend greeted along with Luna's soft, "Hello." Ginny harrumphed and swiftly turned on her heels, walking away from the group.

Harry grinned widely, "Hey lovebirds." Ron turned red while Luna merely laughed. She exchanged awkward hugs with Hermione. The two were never really close even though they were probably the most intelligent witches in their respective years.

"Harry!" Bill exclaimed with a big smile plastered on his face. Harry was glad to see his best friend's brother so happy. He reached out and shook Harry's hand with gusto. "

"Dad asked the Ministry for some protection. Helps that he's Head of the Office for the Detection and Confiscation of Counterfeit Defensive Spells and Protective Objects.

Harry smiled, "Good. Hopefully the Aurors will do their jobs correctly."

"The only thing I'm worried about is Ginny. She and Fleur don't exactly see eye-to-eye," said Bill, his smile fading. "I'm a bit upset about that because Fleur is a lovely witch and the woman I intend to love for the rest of my life."

Hermione shook her head shamefully, "I'm sorry, Bill. I used to be a bit...harsh to Fleur. Ginny was not the only one--"

Bill laughed, waving a hand, "It's okay. With you, I know you're sincere with your apologies. My little sister however..." Still, the oldest of the Weasley children smiled. "I'll worry about it later. I'm getting married!"


Slit felt as if he was in some sort of mob movie where an agent would meet the boss in an abandoned warehouse.

Very cliché, Slit thought wryly as they pulled up in front of the garage.

A broken, wearied sign missing all letters save for one "T" hung pathetically above yellow, dead grass. Trash was thrown carelessly onto the ground. He glanced out of the rearview mirror and observed that the other teams where behind and ready to go when instructed.

He readjusted his holster and nodded to Elaine who was sitting beside him in the passenger seat. Simultaneously, him and his other 5 teammates exited the van and readied their guns.

"Listen," he whispered, "if you see anything weird or odd, don't dwell on it. Just react instantly as you would do in any other mission."

His teammates looked at each other.

"Odd?" Todd, a young agent, questioned. Slit waved a hand. "Just do as I say and you'll be okay. These men are expecting the Prime Minister. Obviously, we didn't bring him because that'd be utterly stupid of us. Our mission is to bring these EYES down and that starts tonight. We'll use the talkies for communication. Notify everyone if something comes up."

Everyone nodded and at Slit's signal, the team moved.


Harry smiled customarily at the incoming guests for what seemed like the hundredth time in that evening. The guests took an immediate liking to the Boy-Who-Lived and smiled dazzlingly as they shook his hand. Hermione, thankfully, rescued Harry from the mob of fans and pulled him to their reserved tables. They sat around at the same table as Hagrid, Lupin and Tonks, Ron, Neville, and Luna.

Harry and Hermione exchanged polite greetings before Lupin requested to speak to Harry, alone.

Knowing that this was an opportunity for Harry to explain himself, he followed Lupin to a deserted spot near the trees.

"I think you know my reason to speak to you, Harry," said Lupin, smiling slightly. "Interesting fellow you brought with you last time. Slit?"

"Yeah," Harry answered nervously.

"Care to explain now?" Lupin sounded amused.

Taking a deep breath, Harry launched into his story of how he met Slit in the first place and everything about Operation CoJacks. He mentioned his training to become an agent, his confession to Slit and Hermione's to her uncle, who happens to be head of Operation CoJacks by coincidence.

When Harry finished, Lupin blinked for what seemed like the first time throughout Harry's story.

"Well. Harry..." he paused before speaking, "Operation CoJacks sounds like an interesting organization to be part of. Can you...handle such a big responsibility along with the Horcruxes?"

"Yeah, I think I--" He stopped in mid-sentence and looked at Lupin with his eyes wide. "How'd you know?!?"

"Dumbledore." Lupin gave his godson a grin that reminded Harry exactly why he was a Marauder.

"Dumbledore?"

"Yes. Even though you are of age, Dumbledore convinced the Ministry that you still needed to be looked after. I hope you don't mind. At first it was very hard to convince the Ministry that I was competent to be your godfather since my status in wizarding terms is not so competent..." Lupin glanced up at the sky and sighed.

"Full moon's coming soon?" Harry guessed and was proven correct when Lupin nodded. "It doesn't matter. Yes, I'm of age but I still need an adult to look after my blunders," he joked.

Lupin laughed along with Harry and they eventually headed back. A few minutes later the actual wedding began.


"Jesus," Todd muttered after turned around and finding that no one was behind him, again. This was the fourth time he got the feeling that he was being watched. However, each timed he whirled to face them, his ears picked up a popping sound and then saw that no one was there.

"Keep focus," hissed Jenna, his partner. The two were assigned to check the east side of the spacious warehouse while Emily and Grant had the west and Elaine and Slit had the north.

"I am! Only...bloody hell, don't you feel as if--" his question was cut off when his feet stopped moving. Todd let out a gasp and tried to move his feet again but it was as if it was stuck to the ground. Every other part of his body was fine. He could still see in the dark, talk, and move his arms. "Jenna, are you--"

"I can't move either!" Jenna exclaimed, panic in her voice. "W-what's happening?"

Todd reached for his talkie which was strapped against his waist and frantically called, "Team! Jenna and I--we--we can't move...our legs, they're---"

There was a blinding light that came from the shadows and suddenly, Todd couldn't feel his hand that was holding the walkie-talkie.

The young agent looked down and screamed in pain. Jenna stared numbly at the floor where pieces of her partner's hand mixed with bits of the electronic talkies lay.

Another light was cast, except this time, it was the color of green.

She didn't get the chance to scream like her partner had done.


"Slit!" Elaine exclaimed, feeling scared for the first time in years. She heard Todd's voice as it echoed throughout the abandoned warehouse and his following scream pierced through her like physical pain.

Slit didn't answer; he was preparing himself for the inevitable attack. "Stay quiet, Elaine."

Elaine was crying by now. "Todd and Jenna, oh god!"

Another scream reached their ears and they immediately recognized that it was Emily's. The scream was followed by a weeping sob (Taylor's) and then someone else---a person in the shadows---yelled something in another language and the sobbing finally stopped.

Slit heard Elaine's small cries and he quickly headed towards her and protected her with his arms. "Elaine, you have to be quiet...these people--"

"How...these are not people, not people at all...monsters," muttered Elaine in muffled voice. Forget training, forget about staying calm, she thought. Slit shushed her and stilled. Elaine took a deep breath and forced herself to stop shaking.

"If we don't make a sound, maybe--maybe--"

Red and blue lights soared from out of nowhere.

Elaine gasped and stared up at Slit with wide eyes. The breath inside of him suddenly disappeared as he stared back at his partner. Slowly, blood began to seep out of the corners of Elaine's mouth, dripping down her chin and onto Slit's protective vest. Her body went limp and Slit, shocked to the core, fell down along with his longtime friend. She collapsed completely out of Slit's, falling to her knees and then her back. Her head lolled to the side, facing where Slit was lying.

Slit couldn't breathe, couldn't think.

No no no no.

Elaine's chest stopped shuddering, and she was finally still. Blood continued to leak from her face and somewhere from her back, forming a large pool under her body. Still lying on his side, Slit reached out a hand, as if to touch her but then let it fall to ground when he heard the voices.

"They didn't even see it coming," a low voice sniggered.

"Beautiful masterpiece," purred a womanly voice that caused Slit to shiver slightly. The movement went unnoticed by the two presences.

"I think the Weasleys' are throwing party. Let's join Dolohov and the others and get Potter. We'll head to Downing later."

"Let's."

Two simultaneous popping sounds were heard and then nothing more. Slit heard his breath coming short but he couldn't do anything to stop it. His body began to shiver uncontrollable.

His eyes, though he tried not to, were pinned in Elaine's. Her blood was quickly reaching Slit's body, but still, he did not move.

For the first time in a long time, Slit began to cry.


"Let's dance, Harry!"

Harry made a face. "Dancing is not exactly my forte, Hermione."

"It's not mine either. C'mon, everyone else is dancing!"

"No," said Harry though a smile was slowly forming on his face.

Hermione laughed. "Harry!"

"Will you stop nagging him, Hermione! If he doesn't want to do it, he doesn't have to," said Ginny nastily, glaring at her former friend. Harry glanced in shock at his ex-girlfriend and then his best friend. Hermione looked as if she was restraining herself from hexing the younger girl.

Harry took this as an opportunity to avoid a potential catfight. "Actually, let's dance, Hermione." He offered a hand in which Hermione took, stunned. They walked to the dance floor hand in hand and found spacious spot.

"Er...sorry, Hermione...about Ginny," he said quietly after Hermione instructed him on where his hands should go. They were slowly swaying to the soft music with Hermione's arms around his neck and his around her waist. They maintained a respectable distance from each other but were still very close.

"That's okay...actually I'm a bit glad."

"Why?" Harry asked, confused.

"You defended me this time," she answered simply.

Harry looked down guiltily, silently wishing that he should have known better than to let his best friend get hurt.

Hermione poked Harry's his left shoulder. "Don't worry. Ginny's words were nothing, really. After all, I've dealt with Malfoy for years. It was the matter of you taking her side and...well, I didn't really take it that well."

"I was a horrible friend last year, wasn't I?" Harry asked, softly.

Hermione shrugged. "I'm passed it. Right now, I'm glad that you're including me in everything."

"How can I not? You're Hermione Granger, my best friend."

She grinned at him. "And don't you forget it, Potter."

"May I cut in?" The two stopped moving when Ron had interrupted. He was grinning at the both of them, holding the hand of a dreamy Luna Lovegood.

"Ooh, I call Harry!" The Ravenclaw grabbed Harry by the hand and pulled him away. The poor Gryffindor helplessly looked back at his friends who were laughing.

Dancing with Luna was relatively comforting, although Harry got nervous when she started humming a completely different song from what was playing on the WWN. He took a look around as he moved in his spot. Lupin and Tonks were closely embracing more than dancing. Fleur was dancing with Mr. Weasley while Mrs. Weasley was crying as her son comforted his mother with a small smile.

Harry spotted Hermione and Ron dancing not as close as Harry and Hermione but still close enough to cause him to frown.

"You don't have to worry. Ron's mine."

Harry pulled his gaze away from his best friends. "Wuh?"

Luna smiled. "Ron. He and I are dating."

"Oh." Then he thought of how odd the idea was. "Congratulation, I guess."

"Thanks. I have to say that to Hermione too,"

"Why?"

"Well, she was the one who gave Ron my owl address. Then he owled me and...here we are."

"Oh," he said once again, feeling alittle better.

"But you don't know why," said Luna softly, finishing Harry's thought.

"W-what?"

"I think they're done dancing," said the Ravenclaw who then released Harry and threw her arms around Ron. Hermione smiled softly at the sight; they seemed so happy.

"I-I thought you liked him," mumbled Harry, averting his eyes to the ground. She turned around and laughed.

"No way. I think that was done with years ago. C'mon, let's dance...Ginny's dancing with Neville but he's still staring at us."

Harry happily obliged.

They danced a few numbers before finally joining Ron, Luna and Neville at a table near the back of the courtyard.

The wedding was a wonderful escape for Harry. He was surrounded by everyone he loved and it was as if nothing else mattered.

He almost fooled himself into thinking that there wasn't a war going on

The first scream brought him back to reality.

Harry's head whipped around and his eyes quickly focused on the source.

It came from a woman with brown hair and large glasses with her back turned from Harry and the others. She hurried stepped backwards before falling flat on her back. Harry finally saw why this man scared her so much.

He was holding out a wand. Gradually, his skin began to bubble and fatten, his black hair turned to brown, and his height shrunk a few inches.

The man was a polyjuiced Death Eater.

Screams instantly took over the relaxed atmosphere from minutes before and suddenly, everyone was running.

A louder yell, this time coming from a man, signaled Harry's eyes to fall on another Death Eater who just turned in his original state. From the corners of the yard, witches and wizards changed, revealing their true identities.

The Death Eaters found a way to get pass the Anti-Apparition ward in the courtyard. They've succeeded.

Harry suddenly felt weak, falling to his knees. His eyes glazed over as if struck by the Imperious Curse.

"Harry!" Hermione shrieked, grabbing onto his hand. She fell to her knees by Harry's body and watched in horror as her friend suddenly smiled.

It was Harry's, though. The laugh that escaped his mouth wasn't his either.

"Hermione! The Death Eaters, shite...get Harry!" Ron yelled, head frantically whipping around.

Wizards and witches were running in every direction, heading for exits and apparating once they were clear of the wards.

"Harry!" Hermione screamed, holding down his body as his hand clutched his sides. He was laughing manically and couldn't hold still. She stared wide-eyed at Ron whose color had drained from his face. His girlfriend held the same expression. Shakily, Hermione pulled out her wand and cast a water charm, spraying Harry in the face. He choked as he inhaled water and his laughs stopped.

Harry quickly sat up and shook his head. "Voldemort..."

"Kids!" Mrs. Weasley screamed, pushing aside the hysteric guests. "Head inside. Head inside, now!"

A stray spell flew over her head and she ducked. Harry took this opportunity to leap up from the ground and was about to escape when Hermione held back his arm and Mr. Weasley shouted.

"Get down, Harry!" Mr. Weasley yelled, reaching a hand and painfully pushing Harry's head down. Agitatedly, Harry pushed his arms away, swiftly pulling out his own wand.

"Harry!"

"Mr. Weasley, This isn't right. Voldemort...I HAVE to fight. I already survived the Ministry attack, I think I can handle this one!"

"Harry, that was a close call. The Death Eaters are after you for--" Mr. Weasley ducked away from a stray spell "they're after you!"

Harry shot a Stunner over his shoulder, not even glancing behind at a fearful Hermione and said, "Don't you think I know that?" before running off in the opposite direction.

He watched as Lupin fought Snape. The two were dancing the dance of war. Snape moved with agility that Harry has never seen from his Potions Master before Suddenly, Lupin was blasted away by a nameless spell and Harry prayed that his father's best friend would be okay. Snape smirked in his evil, slimy way and turned to find another match.

Images of Snape and Dumbledore danced around Harry's head, how he murdered the Headmaster that night.

"Snape," Harry said just a bit quieter than a yell. Through the battles of undistinguishable sounds, Harry was sure that Snape wouldn't hear him. But miraculously, Snape sensed someone was near and stopped, slowly turning on his heel. Harry found himself under the wand of Severus Snape.

"Potter. I'm surprised the Weasleys let you battle. What a mistake on their part," he drawled, smirking again.

"I want a duel," was Harry's response. This caught Severus a bit off guard but he quickly recovered, masking his face with a look of menace.

"Oh? That'd be an unfair advantage on my part, Potter."

"Like you with Professor Dumbledore?" Harry asked innocently. Suddenly Snape's face was inches away from his and had a strong grip around Harry's throat. Snape's wand was against his throat, and he jerked his head back but Severus' hand still gripped the collar of his dress robe.

"Y-You...killed when he was defenseless," gasped Harry, never minding that he was about to be choked to death.

"Dumbledore was nothing but a fool. And an old beast to think that he could ever fight against the Dark Lord by using you as the weapon. That you, Harry Potter, could ever take his place."

"Dumbledore was a courageous and great wizard...unlike you. That's why Voldemort is scared of him," Harry managed to say.

"Was, Potter. Or are you not accepting the fact that your beloved headmaster is dead?" The point of the wand dug into the side of neck and Harry tried to stop squirming.

Suddenly, Snape released him and Harry quickly regained his balance before falling. Snape his cloak and walked a few steps away from Harry. He took this as a tacit command to draw his wand.

Simultaneously, their wands were at ready and pointing at each other.

"Duel," commanded Snape in a low, snarling voice. Not even a second after his last word, Snape shot a quick Stunner at Harry in which he skillfully dodged with a somersault.

"I see you've been practicing your dodging. What other tricks do you have, Potter?" Another spell was shot and this time, Snape did his own dodging.

"Plenty," growled Harry in response, whirling his wand and casting a stronger Stunner at his former teacher.

The real battle began.


"The Party has started, Master," Wormtail informed with a look of glee on his face.

His master, in turn, was satisfied as well. He knew that his efforts to bring down the muggle government will be fought, but there's no harm to having fun.

"Then send the others to kill the Muggle. That will surely be something to enjoy."


"Tell me," Harry asked through shorten breaths, "because it was never really clear. Whose side were you really on?" He was bleeding out of a cut on the left side of his face and though it stung, Harry ignored it. He wiped a hand across his face, bringing blood onto the back of his hands.

Harry stood five feet away from his opponent.

Snape tried not to look too tired. He stood straight but his shoulders were beginning to slump and the grip on his wand loosened.

The boy has improved in dueling since their last encounter. Whatever had happened in the two months since school closed had changed Harry Potter.

Harry glared at Snape as he seemed to analyze him. It was dumbfounding that Dumbledore had once trusted Snape. Harry used to think that the two shared a secret, and Dumbledore was most honorable to keep it. He believed Snape was on their side. The teachers even believed so!

Snape smiled cruelly, wand still pointed.

"The Dark Lord will forever be my master," replied Snape and something inside Harry snapped.

Before his mind could process what his body was doing, Harry's hand reached down to the holster against his hip, quickly grabbing his weapon. Snape, though he didn't know what Harry was getting, fired a spell and he had to roll over to dodge it.

Harry rolled on his side and got up on his knee. With both hands, he held the gun and aimed it at Snape's head. His opponent's eyes widened, in shock or realization, Harry would never know.

He pulled the trigger.

The unknown sound rang through the clearing. All heads turned to the source and the Death Eaters, who were distracted, saw their Master's best henchman falling at the hands of the Boy-Who-Lived.

Fury raged in all of the black cloaked wizards and they turned their wands onto their master's target. That also meant they were turning their backs on the people they were fighting with. In simultaneous movement, the fighting wizards and witches shot a full Stunner among the mass of Death Eaters.

The Aurors, who were at the wedding, blinked. They just managed to capture nearly fifty Death Eaters before any could apparate. Immediately, they began their work, tying up and bringing the followers to Headquarters.

Harry killed him. He killed Severus Snape.

Just like Snape had killed Dumbledore.

And strangely…Harry felt no remorse. He didn't feel anything as he gazed at the body of his former Potions teacher.

Harry's registered footsteps behind him but he couldn't turn his head. He lifted himself of the ground and shuffled towards Snape's body.

"Harry?" called a nervous voice.

He gripped the gun even tighter as he kneeled beside Snape.

Was he becoming just like Voldemort now? Voldemort killed without care and Harry didn't seem to care one iota about Snape. Not one. Maybe…

Maybe he was already like Voldemort. They shared the ability to speak Parseltongue and can see into each other minds…perhaps Voldemort was taken over Harry's mind and soon enough, all of his being. Then what would Harry do?

"Oh dear!"

It was Mrs. Weasley's voice.

Snape's eyes were left open; surprised and incomprehensible. His mouth was filled with blood and it was beginning to drip onto the once clean and healthy grass. The bullet that pierced the spot in between Snape's eyes looked foreign on his face. His skin was even paler than normal.

"H-Harry," Hermione breathed, kneeling at a 5 feet distance, "let go of the gun."

Automatically, he felt a small hand on top of his, prying his fingers away from the gun's handle. The person whispered-something-to another whom was farther away.

"Harry, look at me," Hermione shakily commanded. She reached out with her arms and beckoned him.

"I-I killed him," Harry whispered, falling into her embrace. He didn't put her arms around her but let them fall idly by his sides.

"No-no you -didn't." She turned so that the two of them would face away from Snape as his body was being taken away. Harry was muttering something against her shoulder and soon enough, she felt something wet. Harry was crying.


Hour later:

They were at Grimmauld Place, sitting in one of the gloomy living rooms.

Hermione couldn't believe how ignorant Ginerva Weasley was. Sure, Ron, her brother was rude sometimes but he knew where to draw the line. People were mourning the deaths of brave wizards and witches who fell at the hands of the Death Eaters and some were praying by their love one's bed side for their survival.

And all Ginny wanted to do was talk to Harry. She basically believed that maybe Harry would cheer up when he sees Ginny. Obviously the girl has no knowledge of Harry's real feelings towards her, Hermione thought exasperatedly.

"Ginny, I don't think you should--" Hermione began to warn the younger girl but Ginny merely threw her a dirty look before walking up the stairs.

"It won't be my fault if she gets blasted," piped Ron with surprising seriousness. He was sitting besides Luna on the couch, caressing her hand which was in his. Even Luna knew that this was no time to be foolish. Hermione rolled her eyes and furiously sat herself down on the couch with her arms crossed as she listened to Ginny's soft voice in the upstairs hall, trying to coax her way into Harry's room.

Not even ten minutes later, there was a, "GET OUT!" (from Harry, of course). Ginny ran down the stairs, bawling, rushed to her room and closing the door with a sob.

Hermione couldn't help but feel a small sense of satisfaction as she heard Mrs. Weasley knocking on the door and her daughter answering with a, "Go away!"

She shook her head; Ginny knew what was coming.

"So Harry…shot Professor Snape with his…gun?" Luna, a pureblood, asked just to be sure.

Snape, Hermione suddenly thought. When she nodded, Ron said, "Well…Snape deserved it. Harry should be happy that he's dead. He did kill Dumbledore."

But Hermione shook her head and asked, "How would you feel if you killed a person?"

Ron couldn't say anything to that so he proved her point. "That's right. Harry's seventeen and he killed his former professor. Killed. Didn't you know that was his deepest fear?"

"To murder someone?" Ron asked, perplexed.

Hermione shook her head again and leaned on, "To become like Voldemort. Voldemort has committed hundreds of murders without any regret. And I bet Harry is also thinking about his scar being a-" She glanced briefly at Luna. "-some sort of part of Voldemort that is stuck inside of him. He may think he's Voldemort because of it, and that it'll take over his body or something."

Ron sat back, taking in the words that were just said by the witch sitting opposite of him. Luna looked thoughtful. Hermione was aware that she almost let slip the Trio's secret and mentally chastised herself.

Moments later, Lupin and Shacklebolt walked into the living room looking grave. Lupin looked as worse as ever. Snape had shot some sort of spell and he was blasted away. Apparently, Lupin's leg was broken but then healed. As a means of adapting to his newly fixed leg, he was walking on crutches.

Hermione stood up, wanting to ask if he was okay and hoping that there was some information on the casualties at wedding. Moments before, she thanked God that the attacks were limited to the wedding (no news of attack on other wizarding areas were reported). But now, Hermione knew she was wrong to think that.

"W-what happened, Pro-Remus?" Hermione asked, afraid of the information that was to come.

Lupin swallowed hard, exchanged a glance with Shacklebolt, who nodded briefly, and announced to the three young students, "The Muggle Prime Minister…he's…dead."


Now that Ginny was gone, Harry flopped back onto his bed and rolled over to his side, furiously jamming his hands under his pillow. He shouldn't have made her cry but Harry didn't know any other way to convince her that they were never going to be together again.

At least it's done with, he thought carelessly.

He didn't want to think about what happened during the. He felt Voldemort's happiness. Perhaps it was because of the wedding, but deep down, Harry knew another plan of Voldemort had worked. Somewhere in the world, someone else was dead.

"It has started, my master," informed Wormtail nervously. Harry nodded, feeling anxious but satisfied. His followers were already at their locations. Downing Street was completely surrounded by Death Eaters, ready to attack. Today, Voldemort will destroy the muggle government.

"The Prime Minister?"

"We were prepared if the Prime Minister did not show up. Elisix and Tortice were positioned with the others at Downing Street. Once the Prime Minister had left the building, they used the Avada Kedavra curse and killed all 8 of the bodyguards and then took care of the Muggle."

"Excellent," commented Voldemort. Wormtail stood a bit straighter at the compliment. "And the Weasley's?" Voldemort had heard about the Weasleys' happy occasion and commanded his other Death Eaters to send his regards.

Wormtail slumped. "Master, we never expected-well, it was odd-that Potter boy-"

"What is it?" Voldemort asked in a harsh tone. What did that boy do?

"Severus is dead, my master," Wormtail finally admitted. He instinctively curled after saying last word, expecting some sort of angry reaction from his Lord. Instead, he received no curse or reprimand.

Voldemort leaned back into his chair, contemplating with an odd expression on his face that Harry has never seen. "Interesting…Severus, a Death Eater, killed by a mere teenager? Severus, Severus," he tutted.

"And how did Potter kill Severus…Wormtail?"

Wormtail gulped. "A gun, sir."

Voldemort let out a low sort of laugh that sent chills down Wormtail's spine. "A gun! My, my, he's learning our game…"

Slowly, the Dark Lord rose from his seat and stepped down his podium…

"Hand me a mirror, Wormtail," he commanded. Wormtail spent a second to process the command in confuse. But then, afraid to refuse his master, he did as he was told and handed it to Voldemort.

His master's bony, pale hand curled around the handle of the mirror and very slowly, Voldemort gazed in the mirror. His eyes were searching for something that Wormtail could not see.

His thin mouth curled into a small smirk and he let out three words that resounded in the chamber with an ominous tone.

"Enjoying this Potter?"

Harry woke up with a scream.


IMO, I thought the ending was a bit rushed. Maybe because I just want this out before some of you start to verbally attack me on my awesome updating skills. Well, my time away from the computer was good for me because I just got a 90 on my AP History test! Woot! Lol.

Sorry about the extremely short wedding. I should have put more details. But weddings and fashions are not my forte so w/e.

So yes, Harry shot someone. And he's not taking it very lightly. I mean, would you? I haven't used the Hero's Journey thing for a long time but I think this is the point where he faces a truth or an obstacle.

Also with Uncle Benny versus Harry...I really hate fics where Hermione's father immediately takes a liking to Harry without even meeting him. They're like, "Oh I see my little girl hugging a broody, somewhat depressed and suicidal teen. I like him."

uhhh no. Harry's gonna have to earn Benny's respect. But how?

Welllll…I'm still figuring that part out but mark my words, an idea will come.

I tried to portray Slit as a person during the scene where Elaine died. He seems like a cold-hearted, drone type of deadly assassin and I feel guilty that I portrayed him liked that. Hopefully, the future chapters will shed light on Slit or Jameson Tanner's true character. I think I'm going to put some history about how Slit met Elaine. Would you want that?

Also, a random fact, I read some stuff on Wikipedia on the last book and when I read about how Colin Creevey had died and how he looked small in death I was suddenly so sad. I mean, I knew he died but to think a kid...shit.

It's gonna be hard for me to write dying scenes. It was so easy for Snape because I hated the dude. I don't even believe the crap that JK threw at us. It sounded like a poorly written fanfiction...Snape loves Lily...ew.

Oh…I forgot one small thing…

DUMBLEDORE's GAY?!?!?!? NEVER SAW THAT COMING LOL