Unofficial Portkey Archive

Operation CoJacks by Viopathartic
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Operation CoJacks

Viopathartic

Operation CoJacks

Viopathartic

A/N: Sorry for the long wait. I haven't been in the mood lately andI wasswamped with finals. But, since school's over, I might have more time to update some of my stuff. I can't promise anything though...

But hell, at least this one is 25 pages. That's enough to last you, right?


Chapter 8

Blue Eyes and Gray Eyes were not friends.

Truth was: Gray Eyes despised Blue Eyes. He has never liked being bossed around. He liked to do his job alone. He would have murdered Blue Eyes if it weren't for his other members.

Muggles. What a word to say. For some reason, Gray Eyes never heard of the term, but knew it was bad. Just to whom was his one question?

They didn't ask questions when it came to missions. As long as a reward was given, EYES would make sure to do it.

There were only three things keeping him on the job.

Number one was the fact that the mission was assigned with certain conditions and rewards. Reward was 502,216 Pounds-each. There were officially 6 on the team. Gray Eyes was almost in disbelief at the amount and thought the Riddle man was only kidding. Next day he was contacted, half of the amount was sent to their hideout with a note saying there will be more.

The unofficial leader of the group, Z, had confirmed that they would take the mission. Z was an evil man; all of his acts were unspeakable. That had earned him respect from the members. At first Gray Eyes thought it odd since Z never did anything for anyone. EYES was the most vicious group of assassins in the underground world and rarely kept contact with other people such as Riddle. But one day, after they had killed Pearl Haxhi at the S Club, Z came back from the sewage where they dumped her body and in a monotone voice told them that they would take a mission.

The next day, however, when Gray Eyes questioned his leader, Z yelled at him. Saying what the fuck you talking about? Honestly, he thought Z had short-term memory. Then the money came and Z remembered.

They would never get to meet the Marvolo Riddle in person. That was the first thing to be established. He'd always send one of his henchmen. The other day it was a mousy looking fellow who fidgeted at the group's very movement.

The group was assigned to the Prime Minister's office. But don't assassinate him-just terrorize, Wormtail, or whatever his name was, had stuttered.

Number two was the group had never experience this kind of mission. The usual was mugging, rapes, and murders, but this. This was actually kind of thrilling for them.

Also…

Gray Eyes liked to kill. That was the third thing.


A woman, who Harry assumed to be Elaine, met up with him at the shooting range and escorted him to the meeting room. She didn't say a word throughout the six-minute trip, leaving Harry to assume she was none to please with the arrangement.

They arrived at a computer room. The four-walled room was equipped with high-tech computers and technological equipments. It was sort of like the navigation rooms in space control. The computers lined the edges of the room while a large table and a few single desks occupied the inner space. Slit, Bill and Collins, who was the agent who interrogated him in the Authentic Room, were waiting for the two of them.

"Welcome to the meeting room, Potter." Collins held out a hand and Harry hurried to shake it. Once they had met again, they all took seats in the empty chairs. Elaine passed him a small notebook and a retractable pen.

"You'll take notes." She explained in a brisk tone. Slit, who was clearly in charge of this mission, stood at attention and seriously notified all members present in the current situation.

Though Harry thought Slit was going a bit too quickly, he managed to jot down the important notes.

Prime Minister's office:

Monday, late night 23:OO-?

Victims: 8, shot close range. Dismembered. Jan, in particular, was only dismembered.

Number of perpetrators around 2 (?)

Weapons used in analyzing process.

A letter (will obtain)

"So," Harry began, noticing that all eyes were on him now. "Some terrorist group killed eight of the Prime Minister's employees, and now I'm going with you guys to his office...right now?"

Elaine and Collins nodded curtly and Slit continued.

"Not exactly. We'll leave headquarters, but we won't meet with the Prime Minister until a few days," explained Slit, leaning against an empty desk. "First we'll research. You'll have to get used to the basic protocol for official agents of Operation CoJacks, and--"

"Look," said Elaine, "we didn't pick you. The only reason we are bringing you with us is because Mr. L had ordered us to. Don't think that you're suddenly an agent. You're still a rookie--a measly trainee. You're expected to follow us at every order, at every place."

Harry, though familiar with the do-something-wrong-I-kill-you glare (courtesy of Hermione Granger), found himself almost melting under her stare.

"You are never to go anywhere alone because I guarantee this: You'll die. This is a serious mission. A terrorist group is after the Prime Minister and has already succeeded in killing his workers. We need to find the bastards and get rid of them before they do major damage."

Elaine cast her eyes up and down Harry's body and scoffed, "Those clothes are unacceptable."

Harry pulled his t-shirt at the collar. "This?" Then he noticed she was right. While Harry was dressed in everyday clothes (jeans and shirt), the other two men were dressed in expensive suits. Elaine had on black dress pants and a perfectly ironed white blouse.

"We'll provide you with clothing soon enough," Collins assured him. Elaine's lips thinned to a vertical line; she was not pleased with the attention that Harry was being given. Harry nodded.

After the team had briefed him on their intended location before their actual investigation began, Bill was called in to escort Harry to the helicopter pad. The senior agents had gone off to fetch the necessary equipments.

Bill had noticed the look of apprehension on the young man's face and reassured him that it was okay to be nervous and all Harry had to do was follow the senior agents.

To his surprise, Harry was shown to helicopter pad. Two helicopters waited before him; one large and the other a bit smaller.

He was lead inside the smallest one but Bill said that he would be right back,

As Harry observed from the front window, there were packs of men and women-numbers varying from 6-8 in each.

One at a time, they climbed into the largest helicopter. When Bill had come back, he climbed into the cockpit and pilot seat, all dressed down in his flight suit. The flight suit had the appearance of a jumpsuit but other then its purpose as an outerwear; it also had fire retardant capability made of Nomex material. It bore an insignia of Operation CoJacks: an inverted black triangle, outlined by bold. Inside, on each corner of the triangle, the letters of the organization were embolden: O.C.J.

"Who are those people?" asked Harry, who pointed in the direction of the others.

Bill flicked some the controls on the dashboard of the aircraft, checking the pressure and outlook of the flight. He finally glanced over to the other direction.

"Oh them? They're Operation CoJacks' Special Task Force. They accompany the agents on the missions and provide security and help. In case something goes wrong with the primaries, they step in. Mostly they can work as our forensic scientists, agents, and well…everything."

Harry continued to watch as equipment was loaded into the cargo area.

"Where exactly are we heading?" He entreated.

"Radisson SAS Portman Hotel. It is located at the Portman Square in the centre of London, England and nearest to 10 Downing Street, which is the Prime Minister's office. During the mission, we're to act as both investigators and security--hence why we are lodging so close."

Elaine, Collins, and Slit joined 10 minutes after. Harry saw that all three were wearing their guns and immediately realized he didn't have his. As if Slit read his mind, he handed Harry his gun, which was in its holster. Slit explained that he had left it in the meeting room. He took it sheepishly and attached it to the right side of the hip.

Bill instructed for everyone to utilize their seatbelts and once they all did, he pulled back the pitch stick and the helicopter began to climb vertically. Harry looked out the window and saw that the larger helicopter was following.

When they landed at the new helicopter pad, Bill explained that since their headquarters were in Nottingham, the time to get to London by car was approximately two hours. By helicopter, of course, it didn't take very long. The pad was located in a secluded area deep into the woods. A car had been arranged by the organization to escort the four agents to the hotel.

Harry had never ridden in a luxury car such as this.

Bill saw the trainee looking at the inside in awe and smiled wickedly.

"The Bentley State Limousine was a car created by Bentley for our queen. This is modified version of Bentley's Arnage R version and its maximum speed is 130mph. I think it's about three feet longer than a standard Bentley Arnage and something like 10 inches taller, and six inches wider. The car is, of course, equipped with an armour-plated cladding, a mine-resistant floor, RPG-proof glass, and a cabin that can be sealed against a gas attack. Only two of these cars were ever built."

Bill smiled wider. "This is the second one."

Harry turned when he heard this. "What?"

"The Queen gave this to the president of our organization four years ago."

Harry faced the car again and whispered, "Merlin…"

"What?" asked Elaine, who had gotten off of the helicopter and arrived at the pickup point last, as she approached the car.

"Er…I just…didn't know that the Queen knew of this organization."

Elaine looked warily at the young man and answered briskly, "If the Prime Minister knows, the Queen knows."

Harry gave her an odd look and approached Slit after she went into the car.

"What has Elaine got against me?" Slit stopped packing his stuff into the trunk and stared through the window where Elaine's head can be seen in the back seat.

"Elaine takes everything seriously. She has been apart of Operation CoJacks for quite a long time and became a member at the same time as I did. I have a feeling that she may believe you're going to ruin everything for our organization, given the fact that you're new here and on a mission with the agents already."

"Then why did she let me go with you guys?"

"She didn't. Mr. L, our president, ordered me to bring you. It appears that he is on the same boat as Elaine and in bringing you here; he's hoping that I will realize it was a mistake and prove me wrong. Elaine may be stubborn but she always follows the rules."

Slit pushed a duffle bag in between the boxes placed in the trunk and finally shut it when everything was in place.

"I'm not gonna lie; you're gonna get a lot of shite when you're with us. People feel that you're not adequate to be Operation CoJacks material. They think you're just a kid. They think that you have never had anything bad happen to you in order for you to be an agent.

"What do they know…" Harry said bitterly, a bit angered that the people were so sure about him. They didn't know about his life at the Dursleys or the years of going up against Voldemort. They didn't know what he sacrificed in his life, how he lost four of the most important people to him, and how they died trying to protect him. They label him as a kid, but Harry knew that he went through more things than most of the agents would ever face.

"Nothing. They know nothing."

Harry looked at Slit in surprise.

"They're jealous and scared because they probably know, deep inside, that you're gonna be better than them one day. Same thing happened to me when I came here at 17 years of age. They thought I was a mere college student and nothing more. Look what happened in those 8 or 9 years."

Then Slit gave him a small, rare smile. "Trust me."

After, Harry joined Slit, Collins, Elaine, who made sure to sit in the passenger seat, and Bill, naturally sitting in the driver's seat. He activated the GPS system that was built in and plugged in the coordinates of their current location and desired destination. Almost instantly, the suggested route was displayed on the small screen.

They quickly found a road once they left the woods. Slit was inputting some numbers into his touch screen PDA. From what Harry could take a peek at, he was sending a report of their current status in the mission. The report was sent to a Mr. L. Harry had wondered who this guy was exactly. Why did they all call him by the one letter? What was his real name?

It didn't seem to matter to the other agents, and they didn't question their assignments. Harry wondered if he would do the same when he officially gets initiated into Operation CoJacks.

The Bentley slowly pulled along the entrance of a large building. Once Harry got out of the car, he realized that this wasn't just a regular building.

The Radisson Portman Hotel had a cantilevered over-top that consisted of glass. Four beams supported this member at each of its corners. Surrounding the area were beautiful arrangements of flowers circling the trunk of a single birch tree. Its branches stretched above and nearly reached the building's halfway point.

Two bellhops stood on both sides of the revolving door, looking extremely bored. Once they saw the car pull up, however, they straightened their uniform and backs and stood stock still like soldiers at attention.

The car was left to be attended by the two bellhops when the agents of Operation CoJacks left the vehicle and walked into the lobby. A metal detector was set up and Harry intended to pass through like the other tourists, but Slit withdrew a wallet that carried his identification card and the four of them headed past the machine.

The lobby had dropped ceiling with a chandelier hanging at its center. The marble flooring was impeccably clean as four pair of feet walked across. They went around one lone table that had an arrangement of flowers in a vase. Three counters were set up, and Slit walked straight up to the centermost. Collins signaled for a bellhop to carry their luggage to the desk on the left, and he hurried to do so. Harry noticed a secluded lounge where tourists and hotel attendants could relax while listening to a piano playing its majestic pieces. Only of few were present since it was only the beginning of the day.

Slit had retrieved the card keys, handing separate ones to Elaine, Bill and Collins, and explained to Harry that he would be staying with him for the time being.

Harry had already gotten over the first shock of entering this kind of hotel but still was awed by their hotel room. Naturally, there were two queen beds in the back of the room, with maybe half a dozen pillows and large blankets that can cover for four people and a nightstand beside each. A framed fixed window with its red velvety curtains draped to side gave Slit and Harry an impressive view of the outside. Furniture, such as computer desks, coffee tables, lounge chairs and loveseats, was placed all around the room, arranged so that it would give the room's occupants well-deserved luxury. In the corner was a mini-bar (with a small refrigerator included). Connected to the main room was an en-suite bathroom the size of Harry's old dormitory at Hogwarts. The bathtub was more like a hot tub and the sinks could probably fit the body of a five year old.

Slit, clearly used to this treatment, threw his bags onto the bed on the left side and unzipped his luggage. One by one, he withdrew four guns, his laptop, and finally his suits.

Harry hesitantly set his stuff onto the vacant bed and began to unpack.

After the two were finished in getting settled, Elaine, Collins, and Bill met up with them in the intersecting corridors on level 18. An empty meeting room was organized for their personal use.

Copies of the police reports and observations of medics were passed around the meeting table. Slit immediately began the basic rundown of their future schedules.

"In approximately an hour, we will head over to the Prime Minister's office on 10 Downing Street to begin our investigations. Elaine, you will be securing the perimeters. Make sure to install the cameras in various locations so if we were to have intruders of some sort, we'd be able to locate the angle they had come from."

Elaine nodded dutifully.

"Collins, you are in charge of the squads. A van will be situated outside of the perimeter. You and Elaine must check your microphones and always be on the line."

"Bill, you will be in charge of the forensic team. Scavenge the whole room for anything that may help link us to the perpetrator or perpetrators."

Collins and Bill acknowledged Slit with a small salute.

"As for Harry, you are going to follow me."

Harry felt relieved that he wasn't going to be alone in amidst of the investigations. This was certainly new to him and he feared that if he were to mess up one bit, it would cost him not only his life (as Elaine said before), but also his teammates.


Harry had never seen so much blood.

The team obviously liked things to be untouched when they arrive on the scene. As Harry was walking-actually, tip-toeing-through, he passed a wastebasket and swore he saw a head inside. His suspicion was confirmed when an agent pulled out the decapitated member. In a sign of respect, the agent had closed the two eyes and pulled a white sheet over it.

"30 years old. And had a family too," He lamented to his female partner.

Harry looked over and noticed bodies were line up against the walls and he could already see that they had been shot from close range. He was thankful that, in some sick way, they were all blindfolded. He wouldn't be able to look into their dead pupils, eyes wide in fear. They probably didn't know it would happen. That they would have a bullet shot through their foreheads in minutes. That they would never see, breathe, and live again.

"Agent Tanner. Thanking for coming."

Harry turned his head and saw the Prime Minister shaking hands with Slit. He hurried over, making sure that he followed his mentor's guidelines.

The Prime Minister looked relieved as they stood in the room where the crime had taken place. Agents of Operation CoJacks already began to examine the scene and collect relevant data.

"Mr. Prime Minister, sir. We'll do whatever we can to catch the people who killed your workers." He smiled wanly after hearing Slit's earnest words. His eyes landed on the young man besides the agent, and he shot a questioning look towards Slit.

Slit beckoned Harry forward. "This is our newest agent, Harry Potter." He looked alarmingly at his mentor but then realizing that saying "our newest trainee" would cause some disapproval from a man who wanted nothing more than the finest work to be done.

Harry put up a smile and reached out, his hand shaking slightly. The small smile on the Prime Minister's face immediately faded.

Harry noticed how his eyes were slowly making their way to the lightning bolt scar on his forehead. "H-Harry Potter! But why are--what are you doing here?"

"I'm not sure what you are asking. You had requested for Operation CoJacks to come and investigate." But he knew from the man's eyes widened and the way he stuttered, Harry's words wouldn't be heard.

"But Fudge, no, Scrimengour--you're supposed to be there!" The Prime Minister had turned pink during this rant and hardly kept his voice down.

Harry, who was confused before, was suddenly bombarded with a new thought. "Mr. Prime Minister, are you--"

The Prime Minister seemed to take this as an offense and replied outrageously, "No, I am not a wi--!" Harry lunged forward and clamped a hand around the man's mouth. The room seemed to freeze at this, wondering why their junior tag along had his hand against the Prime Minister's mouth and why the Prime Minister looked like he would die of a heart attack.

Harry warned the man with his eyes. If he hadn't stopped him, he'd have another mess in his hands.

"Are you going to be quiet?" Green eyes questioned pale blue ones.

Breathing hard, the Prime Minister nodded feverishly.

Once Harry removed his hand, the man backed away, straightened his jacket, and smoothed his hair with a hand. Slit glared at the black-haired trainee, mentally admonishing him. Harry felt his face redden in embarrassment.

"Yes and the letter." He turned with a gesture that called for Harry and Slit to follow. The Prime Minister led them into his office where a parchment lay neatly on his desk.

He picked it up and held it out. His eyes were glued to the parchment in his hands and Harry could see from the beads of sweat on his forehead that he was nervous. The question is, was "why?"

Slit reached out for it with his gloved hand, but the Prime Minister snatched it back. Harry looked alarmingly at him.

"Er...Prime Minister, we need that for research," He said.

"Oh? Yes, I'll just..." Slit gripped the sheet and stepped back before he could think to take it.

"Thank you, Mr. Prime Minister. We'll take this to the lab." He turned away, summoning the closest forensic agent. Once his back was facing them, the man turned to Harry.

"Potter--!"

"Not here," Harry hissed, his eyes nervously looking to the sides.

The Prime Minister leaned forward and asked apprehensively, "Do they know that you're a-well, that?"

"No. They're muggles." Harry sighed, running a hand through his hair. "We need to meet. Privately."

"Tonight is fine. At my office at nine." The two nodded at each other.

As Harry followed the others out of the room, he could practically feel the Prime Minister's avid glare on the back of his head.

At night, then.


"What was that?" Slit asked once all of the team was accounted for at the hotel. He, Harry, and Elaine walked through the corridor, still dressed in their official uniform. It was about 7 P.M--two hours before Harry and the Prime Minister would meet.

"Having the nerve to do that to the Prime Minister! Our Prime Minister. Don't you remember that he was the one who called for our service?" Elaine chastised, barely trying to hide her disapproval of Harry.

"I-" He sighed, slightly annoyed at his irresponsible behavior beforehand. He had caused a scene and so he had to face the consequences. There was a moment of silence as he tried to figure out an excuse. Elaine had excused herself, letting an angry and annoyed sigh to escape her lips before coolly biding Slit (and not Harry) a "good night".

"What, do you know him?" Slit demanded, his anger slowly diminishing.

"No," Harry answered sincerely, "but he seems to know me."

"By protocol, no Operation CoJacks agent is allowed prior relation with the suspect or anyone involved in a certain case. Answer truthfully: Do you know the Prime Minister?"

Harry stopped in his steps, looked his mentor firmly in the eye and answered, "No."

"I don't get you, Potter. You're a mystery. First the--" Slit looked around them, making sure no one would be able to eavesdrop, and whispered, "First the powers and now this?"

"I can't tell you. At least, not yet."

At his words, Slit reacted for a split second. His eyes flashed with something like surprise but managed to maintain his expression. "I know that. But sooner or later, Potter. Hiding your secrets will not make you a better agent."

The two did not exchange any other words after the hallway interrogation. Slit had hopped into the shower while Harry sat at the desk, writing a quick letter to Hermione. But then he realized the message wouldn't be able to get to her in time.

Meeting with the Prime Minister was an important task that couldn't be ignored, and Hermione needed to be there.

"Bugger," he whispered, scrunching up the paper and throwing it with force into the paper basket. He leant back against the chair and closed his eyes. After two minutes of sitting there and doing nothing, he realized how much of an idiot he was. Of course! He was a wizard! He could just apparate.

Harry decided he'd wait for Slit to go to bed or something after his shower. But he was lucky.

Slit walked out of the bathroom, fully clothed, and tossed his towel into a bag of laundry. He placed his gun holster against his hips and clicked his wrist watched together. Tapping the watch's screen, he glanced up at his "roommate".

"Alright. I have to attend a small meeting to discuss the conclusion of today's investigation. I'll be in late and the day will start out early tomorrow so I don't think you should stay up too late."

Harry nodded, trying to stop a grin from forming. He spent his time, pretending to read one of his textbooks, only to close them once he heard the door slam shut.

As he prepared for his third official time in apparition, he pictured Hermione in his mind. Harry Potter didn't know his friend's address in the muggle world but thought a mental image would be enough.


"To the Dark Lord: I know I will be dead long before you read this, but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more," recited Hermione. She glanced up from her notebook on Horcruxes and stared at nothing in particular.

"R.A.B." She whispered. Who is-was (?)-he? She looked in the library at Hogwarts, but her short excursion ended in vain. Perhaps the books that held information on dark objects were located in the Restricted Section? She would have to ask Pro-Headmistress McGonagall for permission to search that area.

"R.A.B had known that'd he die very soon," thought Hermione aloud, "but he still went and stole the Slytherin locket. Surely he was a Death Eater since he addressed Voldemort as "Dark Lord". He knew that Horcruxes would be dangerous…and so he took the one in the cave and stowed it somewhere else.

Hermione wrote as she spoke; verbal thinking helped her sort out facts and easily retained them.

"He (or she, Hermione mentally added) must have been brilliant, really. To outstand Voldemort like that. Brave too…

Pop!

Hermione jerked back in surprise, her face frozen in shock.

A boy appeared and had fallen on the ground, face first.

"Oh absolutely brilliant!" Harry muttered, picking himself up from the ground. "I can apparate both Slit and I but not me by my--Hermione?" He saw a girl sitting on a burgundy colored queen-sized bed, holding a feather pen, and was surrounded by stacks of books. He adjusted his glasses and saw that he was right; her hair proved him correct.

Hermione just stared at him as if she was seeing him for the first time.

"Harry?"

He stood up completely, putting on a nervous grin. His friend put down her pen and slowly climbed off the bed. He noticed hesitancy in her steps so he offered, "Do you want to ask me a question or something?"

"Sure...um, well, I just sent Harry a letter. What was my postscript?"

"You asked if I knew Ben Lester, your uncle." Hermione put down her defenses and threw her arms around him, sure that this was her real friend.

Harry hugged her back, glad to see her. Then he remembered why he was here.

"Hermione, we have a meeting."

She pulled back, alarmed. "A meeting? With whom?"

"The Prime Minister."


"Sir, there was something wrong with the letter that was left by the perpetrators," Slit informed Collins as he leafed through the notes.

Once again, the two agents were in the meeting room. One was checking through the evidence and analyzing; the other was observing the security cameras. As done with all crime scenes, Operation CoJacks installed a little over a dozen cameras. All were placed in different corners and angles, assuring that the place would be well secured. Currently, no outstanding observation had been made--including the average passersby at the night and the occasional flicker of the street lamp.

"And what is it?" Collins detached his eyes from the screen and focused on the stack of papers that his teammate had handed to him.

"There's nothing on it." He raised an eyebrow at Slit's answer. "When we had requested for the letter, the Prime Minister was reluctant to give it up--a reaction that I had noticed. But once the lab took a look at it, there was nothing on it.

"Invisible ink?"

"No. Invisible ink is supposedly used and applied on paper by a fountain pen of some sort. Once dry, the surface should appear blank and of similar texture as surrounding material. Usually a cover message, something unrelated to the actual message, is applied onto the surface over the invisible ink."

"However," Slit painstakingly slid a copy of a scientific report out of one of the evidence bags and handed it over. "We used a 100 watt light bulb to insure that no damage would be done to the paper and heated it. Nothing came up. We also applied bases and acids: Vinegar, starch, Phenolphthalein, cobalt chloride. Same reaction as last time."

"Therefore the letter...is nothing but a measly piece of parchment." Collins concluded, moving the copy aside. "And what of the Prime Minister's behavior."

"He was extremely cautious and protective of this paper, but I cannot find the reasons why." Collins nodded, excepting Slit's answer. Along with extraordinary fieldwork, Slit was a highly distinguished character profiler.

"Sir." Slit nodded towards the screen.

Two figures suddenly appeared in front of the building that was being tagged. He wasn't sure if it was a glitch in the system, but it looked as if they came from thin air. One moment the sidewalk was empty and then the next they were there.

Collins quickly typed in a few codes and the image was enlarged. The computer slowly enhanced the pigments so identities can be seen.

As the image cleared up, Collins' eyes grew wider. He knew one of the people. In fact, both Slit and he knew him.

It was Harry Potter.

"Shite, what's he doing there?" Collins asked, his fingers clicking the mouse and tapping the screen. His teammate sat besides him, lost in his thoughts. "How did he leave without us knowing?"

"He didn't get the chip implant yet," Slit answered, getting up.

"I'll notify STF."

Meanwhile, Harry and Hermione had apparated and were now looking at the front doors of the Prime Minister's office.

"Harry, don't you think we should have apparated inside?"

He shook his head.

"The Prime Minister said something about Fudge and Scrimengour so that means he has connections with our world. I think The Ministry of Magic insinuated these wards for his protection."

"Oh!"

"What?" Harry asked, looking at his friend.

Before any sound could from Hermione's lips, the door creaked open.

Out poked the balding head of the Prime Minister.

"Agent Potter," he greeted, eyes nervously looking around.

"Prime Minister. I hope you don't mind; I brought a friend of mine from-"

"Shh!" The Prime Minister opened the door a bit further and gestured for them to go in.

Harry stepped forward but then looked behind.

Hermione stood rooted to her spot on the sidewalk. It appeared that the reality being that she and Harry were meeting the Prime Minister at this time at night had finally been realized.

'Hermione!' whispered Harry,

She jumped slightly and shook her brown-haired head. "Sorry," she squeaked, rushing through the open door.

The three of them headed inside, never realizing the Operation CoJacks would soon come.

"So what were you saying before?" The two of them fell behind the Prime Minister, who was leading the way.

"Well, since Voldemort's people are unable to penetrate the wards around this office, they must have paid or did something so that muggles would do the work instead." Hermione answered almost breathlessly as she observed her surroundings. It was hard to believe that one moment ago, she was in her bedroom and now she was in Britain's main leader's building.

He led the younger teens into his office. They had passed the crime scene on the way and unfortunately, it appeared to be in the same arrangement as when it was found. Yellow cards and red slips were tagged onto significant areas. Large pools of blood stained the carpet. The window in witch the perpetrators had entered was the only thing changed; wooden blocks were solidly nailed against the frame. Investigators did not want a repeat massacre.

Hermione had let out a small gasp; her eyes slowly took in the scene before her. The Prime Minister and Harry, who was used to the place since he was there that morning, had noticed his friend's reaction and rushed to soothe her. He gently placed his hand on her shoulder.

She slowly removed her hand from her mouth and had gazed at Harry. "You…you already knew about this?"

Harry nodded and looked towards the Prime Minister. The man was fidgeting, his eyes continuously checking behind, up, and down.

"Come on. We have to hurry."

The Prime Minister naturally took his seat behind his desk and gestured the two teenagers to the two opposite, vacant seats. They were pretty comfortable, thought Harry absentmindedly as he sat down and watched Hermione (a bit shakily) do the same.

"Prime Minister, why was there nothing on the letter?" Harry knew that Slit would come back to the hotel sooner or later so it'd be best to get the interrogation over with.

The old man reached for a small bottle of whiskey and poured himself a generous amount. He offered water to the two. Hermione gratefully took one glass while Harry turned down his offer.

"The letter was magically charmed so that I would be the only one who could read it."

Harry nodded, mentally praising the Ministry of Magic for their ideal planning. 'What did it say?"

He took another sip of his whiskey. "Something about killing my Muggles."

Hermione and Harry shared a glance.

"--Which is also why I think we-as in other muggles-did it." The Prime Minister interrupted Hermione.

Smart man, our Prime Minister, Harry thought. Even so, he leaned forward and put on a confused mask.

"Why do you think that?"

"Your former Minister, Fudge, told me that since my government had significant relations with yours, I would get the best protection. He performed some sort of Anti-Appritation-

"Apparition," Hermione said.

"Yes, Anti-Appariton Wards so people of your like won't be able to come here. Of course, the Floo Network was allowed but it was specifically linked so that only the Minister of M-Magic can appear in my office."

Harry and Hermione followed his hand, which pointed behind them. They saw a painting with a medieval looking man dressed in a wig. The subject was trying hard not to look at them and reveal that he was, indeed, eavesdropping. Finally, once Harry's stare had become unbearable to annoy, the painting let out an agitated sigh and put on a scowl.

He smoothed out his vest and walked out of the picture frame.

"Harry, now the man will surely alert the Ministry about where you are," said Hermione, giving her friend a worried glance.

She's right, Harry suddenly thought as the insides of his stomach quenched uncomfortably as he realized what it could mean.

But he waved away her comment and leaned forward so that the Prime Minister would know to continue.

"But what I don't understand, Mr. Potter, is why muggles? That Lord Voldemort despises muggles, doesn't he? He killed hundreds when he was in reign of the wizardry world. He terrorized both worlds. Why would he stoop so low to ask-"

"Whoever said ask," said Hermione in a solemn tone. When both looked at her, she continued, "There are various ways in which Riddle could get the help of Muggles."

At once, Harry's mind zoomed back to fourth year in Defense against the Dark Arts class with pseudo-Moody. The spider…

"Imperius Curse."

Hermione rewarded him with weary smile. "The curse that allows the caster to make the victim do whatever is commanded."

Harry sat in his seat, pondering the new revelation.

"They simply passed down the message," Harry realized, softly and slowly standing from his seat. He smiled grimly, "Wouldn't Voldemort be upset about "inferior" muggles doing his dirty work.

The Prime Minister cut in, asking in a shaken voice, "So do you think he'll try to attack my people?" He looked back and forth between the younger people.

"Unfortunately, they already have," Hermione informed, solemnly.

"It's going to get worse, isn't it?" The Prime Minister asked, sinking down to his chair. Hermione and Harry exchanged glances. They both knew the feeling of hopelessness whenever they were rendered useless in a situation.

"Sir, I wish I can say that everything will be fine..." Hermione said in an apologetic tone.

"But it won't," Harry finished for her. Hermione shot him a warning while the older man stared at him. "Voldemort is not just attack your people-it has attack ours. Last year, almost every week, there were students at Hogwarts who would receive notices that their mother or father had died. They couldn't have done anything to stop it."

"Then how about you, Potter. The Chosen One. If they can't do it, how will you, a teenager?"

"It's not his fight, Mr. Prime Minister. Not anymore at least," declared Hermione as she stood up from her sitting place. She approached the spot where Harry stood. "You think it is, don't you?"

"Hermione, I have to do it. Remember the prophecy?"

"Forget the prophecy, Harry! I'm not gonna let you get hurt!"

"And I'm not gonna let you get hurt. There are already too many people who had died, trying to protect me." Harry thought of his parents, Sirius, and Dumbledore. They wanted the best for him and to give it, they sacrificed their life. It was too much for Harry. Hermione was probably one of the closest people he had in the world. If she were to die...

"That was why I was away. I wanted to be as far as possible so that I could train and learn and hopefully defeat Voldemort." Harry waited for her protest, her stubborn voice to argue his. But it never came.

Slowly, Harry lifted his head...only to find Hermione smiling at him. It wasn't a happy one nor a sad one.

"You can never keep me away, Harry. Regardless of all the rough arguments and months of ignoring each other, I will always be here. Same with Ron. Same with the rest of the Weasleys. Same with the Order. And probably, if we were to ask, all of the D.A. members and friends from Hogwarts would agree to this as well." Hermione stated, adding the last bit as an afterthought.

"Okay. Fine, this is not just Agent Potter's fight," The Prime Minister said. "But still, with all the precautions and organizations, Voldemort is still finding ways to terrorize everything. Nothing is working."

Harry and Hermione listened to the Prime Minister. It seemed that he was almost giving in to all of this. As if it was fate that they would die.

"It's hard enough to find reason behind the tornadoes and magic induced disasters to my community. How will it be when thousands of muggles die, for no apparent reason?"

"For thousands of years," Hermione whispered, softly reciting Hogwarts, A History, "Wizardry world and muggle world would rarely interact with each other. But now, it's every single day."

"But what if," Harry paused, wondering why this was never explained to him, "what if our worlds were to combine?

"It's not likely."

"Why?"

"Because we're different, Harry. As horrible as it sounds, people don't like us. That's why most of the wizards and witches despise Muggleborns. It's because me and the others have a bit of "muggle". They call us names just to mock us."

"Mudblood," Harry spoke softly, remembering how Malfoy never missed in opportunity to use that derogatory term.

Silence.

"We have to find a way. Voldemort is affecting both worlds. In order to rid of his power, the two have to work together!"

"How would you feel if, suddenly one day, your president stepped out and said, "Hey witches and wizards do exist!" the Prime Minister exclaimed.

"We'll take steps. Small ones, but eventually we'll get everyone to be on our side. Both sides have something that the other doesn't. We, as in wizards and witches, have magic. Muggles, like you, have weapons like guns and swords. Put that together, we'd have chance I bet."


Collins was currently re-evaluating the copy of the security tapes while Slit and Elaine had already left the hotel.

He tried every angle of the camera but still could not pinpoint the exact location of Harry and the mystery girl. It really did seem as if they came from thin air.

Maybe it was a glitch or something, he thought as he scanned the images and rewind the tapes a fifth time.


Slit and Elaine had a van of their Special Tasks Force trailing behind as they drove to the Prime Minister's office. Slit was tense; it was evident by the way he keeps rubbing his unshaven chin or how he would slowly squeeze and unsqueeze the leather covering of his steering wheel.

Elaine scoffed. "I knew it. Knew that he would get us in trouble."

"Shut up!"

Slit gripped the steering wheel even tighter. He believed that Harry would do good for Operation CoJacks, that he'd do anything to keep his spot in the secret organization. Now the boy had lied to him when he asked if he and the Prime Minister were in acquaintance and snuck out without bothering to follow Operation CoJacks protocol.

They came to the turn and Slit violently turned the steering wheel.

Elaine, who rarely gets told off by a person like Slit, frowned and immediately quieted down.


Before Hermione could further her input on Harry's declaration, lights flashed behind the curtains of the Prime Minister's office. At once, the man leapt from his seat to inspect the noise outside. Harry froze, listening as a line of running steps came closer and closer until the office door finally burst open.

Slit cautiously walked in, knees bent, and with a small handgun with both hands. Harry felt Hermione's hand as it gripped his. He pulled her behind, shielding her with his body.

"You are not authorized to be here, Harry."

"What do you want with him? If you're one of Lord Voldemort's, you'll have to fight us before getting whatever you want, "declared Hermione in a defiant voice.

"No-Hermione, he's good. He's a friend of mine." Hermione glanced back at her oldest friend and then regarded Slit a bit more carefully.

"Even so." In amazing velocity, Hermione stepped away from Harry, pulled out her wand, gave it a small flick and the reaction was immediate. The gun flew out of his hands and fell hard onto the floor. Slit suppressed another groan since this was the second time his gun was taken away from him without the person even laying a hand on him. Hermione smirked and pocketed her wand.

"I don't approve of guns," she answered simply in reply to Harry's glare.

"He has one too, you know." Slit said, hands now hanging by his sides. His demeanor was calm, which was why Hermione wondered if he knew.

"A gun?" asked Hermione incredulously, turning her glare on Harry. "Just what are you doing with a gun, Harry James Potter?"

"Not now!" He answered, sending a glare to Slit. "Who else is here?"

"Other Operation CoJacks agents. I alerted them when I saw your image on the surveillance.""

"...During the mission, we are to act as both investigators and security..."

"…install the cameras in various locations so if we were to have intruders of some sort, we'd be able to locate the angle they had come from…"

"Shite," muttered Harry, realizing that he should have been more careful to make sure no one would see him sneaking out. "Can't you call them to retreat?"

"I had another witness with me. Collins. They're going to come no matter what." Slit said, very tranquil despite Harry's reaction.

"Let' s apparate!" said Hermione, whirling to face Harry.

"You want to make the situation any weirder?" asked Slit. The two friends looked at each other. "Then come with us. You could either deal with us now or be on Operation CoJacks' top most wanted list."

"But we did nothing!" Hermione yelled, a bit riled. Harry put a hand on her arm, giving her a significant look. Her hand was nearing her wand and if he didn't stop her, she would surely find a spell to use.

"We have to know who you really are, Harry Potter. You can't escape now."

"Hermione, let's--let's just go with him." Knowing how skilled Slit was, Harry would bet anything that a Special Task Force team was already in place outside of the building, ready to fire if necessary.

Harry and Hermione were escorted to the car by Slit and his gun.

To make the situation even worse, Elaine stepped out of the car with her gun as well. She gave one glance at Hermione and grabbed her by the arm.

"Hey!" Hermione exclaimed, making a move to pull away. But Elaine had much more muscular strength and quickly pushed her into their car. Harry, giving her a dirty look, willingly followed his friend, ducking his head as he entered the black car.

Hermione grabbed his hand as soon as he settled himself. The car engine started once Slit put the keys into the ignition. Elaine spoke through her walkie-talkie, communicating with the other vehicle trailing them.

Harry shifted in his seat, his sweating palms still in his friend's grasp. Slit hadn't said one word since they left the Prime Minister's office and now he understood the phrase "silence can be deadly". He wanted to ask the older agent about the severity of the situation and whether or not Harry would be allowed to stay.

What would happen to him and Hermione? Would they be held at the headquarters? Would they be…disposed of?

Harry turned to her and squeezed her hand. "Are you okay?" He had gotten Hermione into this mess without her even knowing what was really happening.

Hermione, who was glaring at the back of Elaine's head, looked at her friend in surprise. "Of course I'm alright."

"Even about-"He gestured to the gun attached to his side. Hermione gave a quick glance and then back at him.

"It's alright. As long as you have the safety lock on, I'm okay." She grinned teasingly and he couldn't help but smile back. This was a different reaction from the one he expected. Harry thought she would be mad, and she was back in the office, but now she seemed fine.

Slit glanced at the two through the front mirror and was stunned to see the two, who were soon to face consequences for intruding on a crime scene, laughing at each other. He sneaked a glance over at Elaine, but the only sign that she heard was the tightening of her jaw.

Harry assumed that they would take a helicopter to go to the headquarters because of the fact that it'd be much quicker. But Slit didn't seem to think the same way. He seemed satisfied, driving the car with his silent partner in the seat besides him.

Hermione's eyes locked with his and questioned, "Where are we going?"

He couldn't answer for sure and answered with a small shrug.

The clock read 11:43, which meant the meeting with the Prime Minister took an hour until the agents of Operation CoJacks came in and took them away. They've been driving in silence for nearly an hour and forty minutes.


"Sir?"

Mr. L put down his folder of the latest reports of suspicious activities in Tunisia. He removed his classes and glanced at the anxious agent standing at the front of his desk.

"Yes?" He hoped the news would be quick. He needed to begin on his weekly status report for the organization.

"Agent Tanner and his partner will arrive with back from their mission in approximately twenty minutes..."

"And that boy, Harry Potter. Where is he?"

"Er…they're bringing him into the Authentic Room."

"Authentic Room. Again?"

"Sir, they wouldn't say. But they did tell you to meet them in that room once they arrive."

"Nothing else?"

"Nothing else, sir."

"Very well."


The car entered a multi-storey car park from the bottom floor. Nearly all of the parking spaces were empty save for 3 or so cars. Slit maneuvered the vehicle so that it was parked in the middle of the car park. Harry began to wonder why they were here until he felt the car move. Slit had pressed a sequence of numeral buttons on the radio, which was connected to the dashboard. But the car didn't drive forward or reverse backwards like he would expect a car to behave. Instead the car was being lifted up.

He heard the chained steel gears grind and groan as the platform rotated their car 180 degrees up into the upper level.

The room was almost identical in size to the previous but in this one, there was an automatic door leading into yet another room.

The Authentic Room.

They took a different route to get to the Authentic Room, Harry realized. Last time, Slit had led him through the main lobby and followed a corridor before coming to the entrance. This time, when Harry and Hermione, were escorted out of the car by two members of the Special Tasks Force, Slid led them through the automatic sliding door and straight into it.

Harry didn't remember another door when he was in the MRI room last time, but with the technologies that Operation CoJacks hold…

"Hey," Hermione nudged him in the side. "Where are we?"

"The Authentic Room. They're going to interrogate us," said Harry matter-of-factly. He saw Bill entering the room but he did not acknowledge his or Hermione's presence. He exited through the door that Harry had entered through the initial time. Slit and Elaine remained in the room, closely watching the two as if they would escape any moment.

"What's your name?"

"Hermione Jane Granger."

Slit stopped and Harry knew he was listening to Bill in his earpiece.

"What is your relation to trainee Harry Potter?"

She snuck a glance over to said person, possibly wondering why her interrogator was calling him a "trainee", but then answered accordingly, "I'm trainee Harry Potter's best friend of 6 years."

"Where did you meet him?"

"School," Hermione answered simply, but Harry saw a speck of panic lurking in her eyes.

Slit took this opportunity to ask the question that Bill and he have been wondering.

"What school is that?"

"Bridgets."

"Really?" It was evident from his voice that Slit did not believe it. Harry inwardly groaned; he didn't even go to that school! Hermione probably figured the same thing out and looked a little less confident.

The young agent nodded and said out loud, to no one in particular. "Bill, is Mr. L on his way?"

"Coming in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1-"

Harry quickly went to Hermione, and she found his hand. From what he had learned while at Operation CoJacks, Mr. L was a powerful leader and one of the most experienced senior agent. He came to the position 10 years ago and still remained strong, organizing the missions, participating in the missions, and running Operation CoJacks. To know that Mr. L was going to meet Harry in person meant that consequences of Harry's actions would affect both him and Hermione. They had found out that not only did he lie about his background but he also had connections with the Prime Minister without telling the organization first.

Slit turned in Harry and Hermione's direction. He didn't really know what was to happen to Harry and to be truthful; he didn't want him to be punished. He knew that Harry was something else and if he had the time, he'd be a great agent. But because it was evident that he had lied under organization terms, lied to him and so, it was only right of the punishments to come.

"Mr. L will see you," Slit stated.

The door slowly slid apart, only doing this when a person had accessed with their chip implant.

Harry took a deep breath, nearly ready to face his punishment.

He felt Hermione's grip loosening and frowned. He removed his hand and placed it on her upper back, but she didn't look at him. Instead her eyes were wide in confusion as she stared at the man who entered the room.

The man responded to Slit and Elaine's salute with a nod, finally laying his eyes on Harry and Hermione.

Her breath caught in her throat, and she took a trembling step forward.

"Uncle Benny?"


Ohhhhhhhhh did you see that? Honestly, tell me in your review!!!

Vio