Unofficial Portkey Archive

More Important Than Any Broomstick by witowsmp
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

More Important Than Any Broomstick

witowsmp

Harry Potter and all characters, etc. belong to J.K. Rowling, not me.

More Important Than Any Broomstick - Chapter 2 - Angels and Devils

The portrait hole opened and Ron came storming inside, his face red and his eyes looking ready to kill. He was headed toward the boys' dormitory when he heard a female voice calling out, "Hey Ron, what's wrong?"

He stopped, turned around, and snarled, "Nothing Ginny! Leave me alone!"

His sister walked up to him and shouted, "I am not the person you're mad at, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't treat me like I am!"

Ron took a deep breath. "Fine, I'm sorry. It's just Harry and Hermione!"

"What about them?" asked Ginny, now obviously curious. "You spent the holidays here to keep Harry company."

"They've been ignoring me since Christmas, and now I just caught them kissing!"

"Kissing?" asked Ginny with her brow furrowed and a frown on her face. "But I thought they were just friends."

"That's what I thought, too!" snarled Ron. "When I caught them, Hermione hexed me."

"Hexed you?"

"Yeah! Can you believe it! She put me in the full Body-Bind and they kissed over me before they finally released me!"

Ginny was getting furious. Her face was getting as red as her hair. "I can't believe they'd! That Hermione would! That Harry! To think I used to like that git! Oh, we need to get back at them!"

"Yeah," said Ron, "But how?"

"We'll think of something!" said Ginny forcefully. "Maybe we can get some help from Fred and George. In the meantime Ron, just ignore them!"

"All right, Ginny," said Ron. "But how am I gonna pass my classes without Hermione's help?"

-

Classes resumed the next day. Harry and Hermione were a little saddened that neither Ron nor Ginny would speak to them, but were not going to apologize for liking each other. Harry guessed that Ginny was mad at them because she still had a crush on him. Whenever they'd show any affection, holding hands, hugging, or occasional kissing around either of the red-headed siblings they'd get dirty looks from them. When they'd notice these glares, Hermione would simply say to Harry, "Ignore them!"

Ignoring them is exactly what they did for a week until Saturday morning. Harry was eating his breakfast in the Great Hall, sitting next to Hermione, when George Weasley walked up in between them and said with a smile on his face, "Oi! Hello you two. I heard you started dating."

Harry answered, "Yeah Fred. That's right, and I've never been happier," while putting his right arm around his girlfriend.

"I'm sure you both are," said Fred. "Congratulations. I'm sorry about how our much younger siblings have been treating you."

"They really need to get over it," said George, startling Harry, who hadn't noticed his sitting down on his left next to him. Fred then sat on the other side of his twin. Breakfast went normally. Before they knew it, breakfast was over and Harry had Quidditch practice while Hermione was going (surprise, surprise) to the library. Fred and George had already left. When they got up from the table, Hermione gave Harry a quick kiss, and then said, "Bye Harry, I lov - WHAT?" and stared at her boyfriend from head to toe.

Harry began hearing sniggers around him, and with much trepidation, he looked down at himself. "I"LL KILL THEM!!!" he shouted. "Fred, George, along with Ron and Ginny! I know they put them up to it!" Harry was now wearing nothing but a large diaper. He had a case of arrows with hearts instead of feathers in the back over his shoulder, and a bow in his hands. There were white wings sprouted out of his back and a golden halo hovering over his head. The moment he saw himself, everyone left in the great hall besides himself and Hermione started laughing. This included Ron and Ginny, who were on the other side of the table.

It also included Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle at the Slytherin table. They walked up to the table, and Malfoy said loudly, "Hark, the Harry angels sing," causing more laughter all around them. "I know you haven't got a new broom yet scarhead, but you can't use those wings in Quidditch!"

"Shut it, Malfoy!" Harry snarled, wishing he hadn't stored his wand in his now missing pants.

"Maybe it's an allergic reaction to kissing your filthy mudblood," sneered Draco, causing Crabbe, Goyle, and the remaining Slytherins to laugh while the rest of the school went quiet. Before Draco knew what was happening, he felt a sharp pain around his right eye, and he was falling to the floor with a ridiculous-looking Harry on top of him, beating him to a pulp while he muttered threats involving his father.

Hermione pointed her wand at Crabbe and Goyle while she yelled, "Harry, stop it! You'll get detention!"

"Actually," sneered a familiar voice, causing Harry to freeze, "You'll get five detentions, starting now, and you'll lose fifty points from Gryffindor." While Harry was paying attention to Snape hand out his punishment, Malfoy sucker-punched him in the face, giving him a black eye to match his own.

"What about Malfoy!? Sir," said Hermione furious at this incredibly biased teacher.

"Mr. Malfoy was defending himself against this fallen angel," said Snape with a smirk on his face.

"But sir," said Hermione calmly, "he started it by calling me a mudblood."

"Ten points from Gryffindor for the use of that word, Miss Granger," sneered Snape, "and I suggest you go off to the library or wherever you were headed before you end up in detention with your new angelic boyfriend."

Harry said, "Go on Hermione, I'll be..." at that moment there was a loud pop around him, and he was back to normal. "Er, fine."

"Come this way, Potter," sneered Snape. "I've got several jars full of rats' eyes that need to be cleaned. No Quidditch practice for you today."

-

Several hours later, after polishing a few thousand rat eyeballs, Harry showed up in the Gryffindor common room looking ill. Hermione, who'd been waiting for him, put her book down and ran up to him, throwing her arms around him. "Are, Are you alright Harry? You look a little, er…"

"…ill?" asked Harry. "I just polished a bunch of rat eyes, so I won't be eating anything for the rest of the day! I hope I don't have nightmares about it. If you know how to obliviate my memory, I'd appreciate it if you would."

"I, I can't do that," said Hermione shyly, "but I can try to take your mind off of, er, things," as she leaned closer to kiss him.

"Hold on, Hermione. I don't know if I'll change again."

"Upon threat of death, the twins swore to me that what they put in your food only makes you change once," said Hermione, looking deadly serious.

"I guess we can try. I know I wouldn't lie to you when you have that look in your eyes! Besides, if I'm gonna change again, I'd rather do it here than in front of Malfoy again."

"That's the truth," said Hermione softly, as she pulled his face down to hers.

-

"Can't you two ever stop kissing?" shouted Ginny at them several minutes later. After what you did to Ron, we thought the lesson this morning was enough, but obviously n…"

"What do you mean," asked Hermione panting while panting for air, "what we did to Ron?"

"He told me about how he caught you kissing last Sunday and you hexed him!" hissed Ginny with her hands on her hips. "I couldn't believe it! How could you do that to him?"

"Is that what that prat told you?" asked Harry angrily while his face was turning pink with fury.

"Of course that's what he told me!" said Ginny, looking around the common room to find her brother, seeing him sitting in front of the fireplace looking timid. "Come here, Ron."

"Yes, Ronald," said Hermione, her face also pink, "I think it's time Ginny heard what really happened!"

Ron looked pale as he slowly approached. "It, it happened like, like I said, more or less."

"Less, Ron! How can you lie like that about us? I thought you were our friend!" said Harry.

"The truth Ginny," said Hermione, turning to Ron's now confused sister, "Is that when Ron caught us kissing, he said that I was ugly and Harry was using me! He said no boy would ever want me, and I lost my temper and petrified him for a few minutes while Harry calmed me down. When we released him, we told him that we were going out now, so he'd have to accept it if he wanted to hang out with us. He then stormed off without saying a word."

Ginny looked at her brother, who was now more pale than ever. "Is that what really happened, dear brother?" Ginny could see the answer by the way Ron started backing up toward the boys' staircase. Before he got very far, she'd performed the bat bogey hex on him and he was running up the stairs, trying to escape his own flying boogers. Ginny then turned back to Harry and Hermione. "I'm sorry guys. I'll make sure to tell Fred and George the truth. I shouldn't have believed him. It didn't sound like something you would do, but…"

"But he's your brother," offered Hermione. "It's all right now, you know the truth. Are we friends again?"

"Friends," said the embarrassed redhead.

"Friends," said Harry.

"Now," said Ginny with an evil look in her eyes, "we've got to get revenge on my brother for what happened today!"

Harry smiled at that thought, but said, "Didn't you just get revenge?"

"No, no!" she said with a smirk. "That was for lying to me. It had nothing to do with the prank on you."

-

Please review.

-->