Unofficial Portkey Archive

More Important Than Any Broomstick by witowsmp
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

More Important Than Any Broomstick

witowsmp

Harry Potter and all characters, etc. belong to J.K. Rowling, not me.

More Important Than Any Broomstick - Chapter 3 - Rising Above

It had been a week and a half since their discussion with Ginny. Ron had appeared nervous any time he was near Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, or George. He knew they were going to get back at him, but didn't know how. The five of them had quickly come up with a plan, but it needed the right circumstances. Finally, on a Wednesday morning just after breakfast, they had their chance.

Ron, who had been sitting in the Great Hall with Seamus and Dean, got up to leave when Draco Malfoy walked up to him. His wand was in his hand, which was hanging by his side. "Hey Weasel! I've noticed that since Scarhead and the mudblood started snogging, they got rid of you! I can't blame them, either. I certainly wouldn't want someone wearing fifty-year-old robes carrying fifth-hand books like you hanging around me! Now if only Potter wises up and ditches Granger once he's gotten what he wants from her, they'll be hope for him."

Ron's face turned red as his features hardened. He glared at the Jr. Death Eater and shouted, "Shove off Mal…Whaaaaat!" At that moment, Draco's wand hand came forward as if pushed, all Ron's clothes except for his boxer shorts disappeared, and he levitated toward the ceiling as a huge spider fell, apparently from the ceiling, and landed on his head as a wet spot appeared at the front of his underwear. Silently, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, and George stowed their wands away as the entire hall, including Draco Malfoy, whose wand was pointed at Ron, erupted in laughter. Ron was screaming unintelligibly while holding one hand in front of the wet spot on his shorts, with the other one trying unsuccessfully to get the spider off of him. His complexion was pink all over his body, which was beginning to tremble in fear of heights, spiders, and humiliation.

Professor McGonagall, who'd watched the exchange between Ron and Draco, immediately walked up to Malfoy. She was not happy. "I saw that, Mr. Malfoy! Sixty points will be taken from Slytherin, and you will spend the next fourteen evenings in detention, cleaning the castle with Mr. Filch."

Draco paled. "What? You think I did that? I wouldn't have…"

"I'll have none of your lies, Mr. Malfoy," said McGonagall, her lips as thin as they'd ever been. "Unless you want to make it seventy points."

Draco looked fit to kill, but lowered his eyes and walked out of the hall. Professor McGonagall pointed her wand at Ron, who floated downward. The professor pointed her wand at him again, and a Gryffindor robe appeared on him. "I suggest you go back to Gryffindor Tower to change before your first class, Mr. Weasley." He didn't need to be told twice. He ran out of the hall, causing another round of laughter all around. Professor McGonagall then walked toward the head table as a small smile appeared on her face.

"That was brilliant, the way you stripped his clothes off, Hermione!" whispered Harry.

"What about how you forced Malfoy to point his wand at Ron?" she whispered back. "Or how Fred levitated him up toward the ceiling."

"What about that spider George conjured above him," whispered Harry, doing his best not to laugh.

"My favorite, though," whispered Hermione, whose face was red from holding back her laughter, "was when Ginny made that wet spot appear on his shorts."

Both Harry and his girlfriend hid their faces in their hands while they faced the floor as they silently laughed for about five minutes. Occasionally a snort or two could be heard from them. When they finally stopped, both of them had tears running from their eyes, so they wiped them away, picked up their books, and headed for their first class.

-

After dinner that day, Ron stormed into the common room looking both humiliated and angry. It didn't matter where in the castle he went; everyone was teasing him, even the first years. If Ron thought he would find peace in the common room, he was sadly mistaken. As soon as he walked in, everyone began chuckling. Lavender Brown walked up to him, looked him over from head to toe, batted her eyes suggestively, and said "It's not that you look bad Ron, but I prefer men who don't pee their pants," causing Ron to turned dark purple while the room rang with loud laughter.

Ron saw Fred, George, and Ginny sitting in a corner laughing along with the rest of them. He walked up to them furious. "I can't believe it! Even my own flesh and blood laughing at my humiliation!

"You've got to admit it, Ron," said Fred.

"It was pretty funny!" finished George.

"Well, at least Draco got what was coming to him!" said Ron. "I'm surprised he was able to pull it off."

"Yeah Ron," said Ginny, winking, "Draco did it."

"Absolutely," said Fred sarcastically.

"It was him. He did it," said George in the same tone of voice.

"What do you mean? If he didn't do it, then who…YOU?!" he shouted, forgetting he was in a public place. Ron was furious. "YOU DID THAT TO ME!" causing all of the common room to explode with laughter, as Harry and Hermione walked inside, hand in hand. "WHY?"

"You lied to us to get us to humiliate Harry, and it ended up with Malfoy getting him in detention as well," said Ginny.

"So the five of us," said George, indicating Harry and Hermione, who were approaching them with smiles on their faces.

"Decided to give you a taste of your own medicine," said Fred.

"You took away my robes," said Harry, "so we took away your robes."

"You gave Harry wings," said Hermione, "so we made you float."

"You gave me a diaper," said Harry, "so we made you wet your pants."

"I suggested adding the spider," bragged Ginny.

"And we suggested framing Draco for it while McGonagall was nearby," said the twins together.

Ron was now fuming! He was appalled. "I'm gonna, I'm gonna…"

"You'll what?" said Ginny. "If you turn us in, you'll lose Gryffindor points, give Slytherin points, and get Draco out of detention."

"And if you try to prank us," said Hermione, "we'll do worse to you than we did today."

"I, I can't believe this guys! You were my friends."

"That's right Ron," said Harry firmly. "We were your friends! When we started dating we thought you'd be happy for us, or even nervous about being left out, which we wouldn't do to you!"

"Instead Ron," shouted Hermione with tears in her eyes. "You insulted us and got almost your whole family against us by lying to them, and then you got them to humiliate Harry!"

"That was a very Slytherin thing to do to them, Ron," said Ginny. "I'm sure Draco would be proud of you!"

Ron paled at the mention of Slytherin. He knew he was mean to them, but he hadn't thought about that. He hung down his head. "I, I'm sorry guys. I, er, guess I panicked when I saw you together. I didn't think you'd want me around anymore."

"Not the way you were acting, mate," said Harry. "But you're the first friend I ever had. Who am I gonna talk quidditch with?" Harry then chuckled. "Who will I steal flying cars and visit giant spiders with?"

"If you want to visit Aragog's family again, you can go with Hermione," said Ron firmly, now chuckling too.

"So," said Hermione, looking intently at Ron. "Are we friends again?"

"Ron nodded and said, "Yes, we're friends again."

"Good," said Harry, Ginny, Fred, and George simultaneously.

"Maybe with my cloak and map, we can spy on Draco's detention with Filch."

-

Please review.

-->