Unofficial Portkey Archive

Seven years by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Seven years

Angel 737

"Follow me please, the Great Hall is this way," said an old and wrinkly woman. "Give me a moment and then we will start the sorting." She set of for the huge doors directly in front of them.

"I wonder what they do for the sorting?" asked a girl with blonde pigtails.

"I heard that they send a werewolf after you and if you survive they have you put on this hat thing that sucks out parts of your brain." Sirius stated trying to scare the girl.

Remus' face was contorted in anger his knuckles were turning white because he was clenching them. "Not all werewolves are bad you know," he yelled.

"Yeah they are! They feast on little kids, my little brother was attacked by one!" screamed a boy from the back of the group.

Remus was literally shaking by now. "Remus, please call done," Lily pleaded. She also sent him a look that said 'You-are-so-going-to-explain-this-later.' Before he could say anything the professor came back.

"This way children," said the old woman. They followed her through big oak doors and Lily gasped. There were candles floating by themselves above the tables. The ceiling was exactly what it looked like outside. 'It has to be a spell,' she thought, 'a very cool spell.'

"Surprised?" whispered someone in her ear. She whirled around and came face to face with one of the guys from the compartment they attacked. "Name's Black," he said extending his hand to her.

"Lily Evans, do you know what we do-" she started to ask but was interrupted by an annoyed professor.

"Quiet! When I call your name please come forward. Sirius Black."

He walked swiftly to the front of the room next to a stool with a hat on it. "See, I told you we had to wear a hat!" he bellowed. Most of the first years snickered. Black was then sorted into Gryffindor.

Maryann Beckler was sorted into Hufflepuff along with her twin Marcus. Chad Chanley was sorted into Ravenclaw. When it came to be Lily's turn she was getting nervous. Slytherin seemed like a nasty group and no one had made it into that house yet. What if she was the first?

"Lily Evans." Lily gulped and made her way up to the hat slowly. When the hat was settled on her head she could swear she heard it talking.

"What the… what's going on?" she thought inside her head.

"Ooh, just the sorting. You seem brave, daring and intelligent. I see you like to get into trouble just like that Black boy. Well then I guess it should be…" the hat whispered in her ear.

"Gryffindor!" The table in the right corner stood up and cheered loudly. Lily ran as fast as she could to get there. She sat right next to Sirius and smiled widely. He smiled back, he really was starting to think that she was okay for a girl anyway.

She wanted to talk to him about the boy that helped her, but turned quickly when she heard Remus' name being called. After a minute or two the hat called out Gryffindor. Lily screamed and jumped up to hug him as soon as he got there.

"I can't believe it! The hat was going to put me in Ravenclaw but I wanted to be with you and here I am!"

Around five minutes later Lily was trying to remember the name of the boy that helped her onto the train but couldn't recall if he said it or not. She didn't realize that he slid in across from her and was staring at her. When Remus nudged her in the ribs she finally looked up and smiled when she saw him. "Hi."

"Hey."

Lily blushed, " I don't know how to say this but what's your name?" Sirius laughed, Lily glared. "What?"

"You guys seemed all nice and friendly on the train, then Potter said that he met your parents so I guessed you two were a 'thing' but I guess not!"

Lily blushed crimson and James stared with his mouth wide open. "No, we are not a thing!"

"Nope, definitely not a thing!" she stuttered.

Remus chuckled as he got up to follow the prefect, "Ok, whatever you guys say. By the way his name is James Potter." Peter, James, and Sirius all got up to follow Remus, leaving Lily to stare after them.

"James," she whispered softly.

***

The next morning Remus, Sirius, Peter, and James were waiting for her down in the Common Room. Remus was reading a book, James was gazing into the fire with a sad smile on his face while Peter and Sirius were pacing and complaining about starving to death.

"Finally, these stupid idiots wanted to wait for you," Sirius said pointing at James and Remus. "Now that she's here can we please go eat?"

Lily grinned, " If I would have know you were waiting for me I would have taken longer, but I'm starved too. Lets go!" Lily ran as fast as she could out of the Common Room with Sirius close behind, then James and Remus. Peter was the last of them stopping every once in awhile to catch his breath.

Once in the Great Hall they all piled their plates full with food. A couple seats away from Lily were three girls that were watching them eat and looking disgusted. "I thought only guys were supposed to eat like pigs," one girl said.

Lily turned and glared, "At least I'm not anorexic." The girls glared back, got up, and left the Great Hall.

"I can't believe you just called them that! They are every guys dream girl!" Sirius exclaimed.

"Don't tell me you like those… anorexic bimbos!" (Bimbos! I love that word!!)

"Maybe I do. Why? Jealous?" Sirius replied.

"Yeah right… your not really my type."

"Bet Jamesie is your type," he muttered.

James stopped mid chew, "What the heck," he swallowed, "how did I get dragged into this?"

Sirius ignored his new friend and went on interrogating Lily. "Come on Lils, admit it! You like James! You like James!"

"Black, knock it off!" Lily whimpered.

"Lily likes James! James likes Lily!"

"Black, I'm serious, stop!"

"Your not Sirius, I'm Sirius!" James, Remus, and Peter all started laughing. Lily put her head in her hands trying to hide her laughter it wasn't working that well.

***

"Ooh, Merlin help us!" cried Professor McGonagall while watching the five 1st years laugh. "These next seven years are going to be the death of me!"

"Minerva, don't talk like that there just children! How bad can they be? I bet they won't be in the infirmary at all!" exclaimed Madame Pomfrey.

Dumbledore's eyes twinkled, " Do you see the girl with the red hair and the boy with the glasses? James Potter and Lily Evans. They belong together. I know it."

"How do you know that, Albus?" questioned Pomfrey.

"It came to me in a dream last night. All of them were in a hospital room. James was holding one of Lily's hands while she was holding a baby in the other. I believe they named it Harry, I really like that name."

"You do remember the first time you had a dream about the future, don't you?" McGonagall asked.

"Of course, it was absolutely dreadful, the last two have been different though."

"Do you think that the last two are the same person?"

"They did look alike, both had those beautiful green eyes."

"Well then we better hope they get together otherwise no one will be able to stop him," Minerva said sourly.

Okay second chapter is up. Hope you guys like it!

Just to clear up the dream part, Dumbledore has had 3 dreams. The first one was about Tom Riddle and the last two have been about Harry. They somehow show him the future!!

I don't plan on updating till I get a couple more reviews!