Unofficial Portkey Archive

Seven years by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Seven years

Angel 737

I'm sorry if I offended anyone by asking for reviews, wont happen again.

I believe that this will be the only chapter for their second year. I really want to get to their third year. My original idea for the next year has turned into be like three, but I'm pretty sure that I will be able to make them all fit!

Enjoy!

"Daddy, I want you to meet someone." Lily said to her father at Kings Cross Station on September 1st. It was the beginning of her second year at Hogwarts. Dominick Evans was the only one from Lily's family that brought her there. Her mother had taken Petunia to the mall to buy some new clothes.

Lily loved her father, more than anything else in the world. They would do almost everything together, when Lily was younger and her dad healthier; she would accompany him to the auto shop and help. Sometimes she would even take a greasy rag and rub it on her arms and face just so she would look like him.

She would do anything for him. If she could use her magic, she would have taken away his cancer. The six months that the doctors gave him turned out to be more than a year. He was still active, not as much as he used to be but he could at least walk. Sure he needed a cane, but he didn't let that stop him.

"Ok, honey, go find them. I'll be right here," he said weakly.

Lily smiled wryly and ran off. She only found three of her boys and it only took a couple of glares for them to follow her.

"Dad, these are my friends. These two," she said while pointing at James and Sirius. They had very wide eyes and were staring at her father's cane. She elbowed James in his side, trying to get his attention elsewhere. Then she continued speaking, "These two are James and Sirius. This is Remus," she said beaming.

Dominick chuckled, "Lily talks about you guys all the time, especially Remus."

Lily's eyes got huge and her cheeks turned crimson, "Umm…lets go find a compartment. Goodbye, Traitor." She grabbed James and Sirius' arms and tried to pull them with her.

It didn't work out the way that she had planned. James and Sirius hooked their arms through Lily's and picked her up. They twirled her around and planted her firmly between them.

"We're not done talking to him yet. This could be really fun! He could tell us all of your dirty little secrets!" Sirius said gleefully.

Lily looked horrified; her eyes were wide and silently pleading with her father. Mr. Evans laughed a deep throaty laugh. "I would love to tell you Lily's dirty little secrets but this is not the right time or the place. Owl me chocolates and I might just send a certain video back," he said with a wink.

Lily blushed again, "Daddy, you love me! You wouldn't send them that!"

"And why wouldn't I?" he teased.

"Because it is embarrassing!" she shrieked.

Dominick chuckled again, "There is nothing embarrassing about a 2 year old taking a bath. It is the hygienic thing to do. Plus I was only trying to tape you playing with the bubbles. Do you remember the bubble beard?"

"Dad!" she squeaked.

"Sorry sweetie, but you don't realize how much fun this is!" he stated with a twinkle in his eyes.

The warning whistle blew; Lily went to her father and enveloped him in a hug. She whispered softly, "I'll miss you. I love you."

"I love you too."

"Don't leave me," she said with tears in her eyes.

"I wont, sweetie, I wont," he said with his own water filled eyes.

She kissed his cheek and ran before her friends could see her tears falling down her face like a waterfall.

***

Their second year passed just as fast as the first one. Sure there were some new event, but only one that was out of the ordinary. (Will get to that later.) Otherwise, everything was nearly perfect.

The guys weren't fighting anymore, last year Lily locked all four of them in a small, empty, classroom. They vowed never to fight again unless it was a very important matter.

Andrea, Beckie, and Stacy didn't talk to Lily all year. They glared a lot but the never talked.

Lily, James, Remus, Sirius, and Peter played pranks on the Slytherins every week. Mostly the pranks were directed at Severus Snape. James, Sirius, and Remus had caught Snape staring at Lily many times.

Lily stilled had her weekly Thursday meetings. She cared for her boys, very deeply, but she didn't trust them completely. So she placed charms on the doors and made sure to take the invisibility cloak with her. (They had told her about it after James and Remus had stopped fighting last year.)

That one extraordinary event was happening right now. It was May 21. Everywhere you would turn you would see sorrowful faces. Lily had no clue as to what was going on, but judging by the looks on the Slytherins faces, it had to be bad. They were all grinning like idiots, especially Lucious Malfloy.

"Guys, what's going on?" she whispered.

"You don't know!? How can you not know?" Sirius exclaimed.

"Mate, she is muggleborn," James reminded him.

"Oh."

They were silent, all thinking different things in their heads. Lily couldn't take it anymore, "What in the world is going on?"

The boys looked at each other silently asking who would be the one to tell her. Three out of four pairs of eyes landed on James.

"Why me?"

"Your parents were here at the time, therefore, you know more that us." Sirius stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

James glared at Sirius, Sirius glared back, it turned into be a glaring contest. Sirius was just about to win when Lily cleared her throat clearly exasperated. James closed his eyes and turned to Lily.

"Today is a twentieth anniversary."

Lily's eyes narrowed, "Aren't anniversaries supposed to be happy?"

"This isn't a happy one, it is a death anniversary."

"Death?"

"Twenty years ago on this day, a student was killed at Hogwarts."

"What? How?" she cried indignantly.

"I'm getting there so stop asking questions." Lily huffed, but looked back at James urging him to continue.

"About a month into the school year, someone opened a thing called The Chamber Of Secrets. My parents said that it was horrible, the person wrote with blood on the walls. Some of the students were petrified. My mum's best friend, Christina Rendegez, was the first one petrified. It was a disaster, 17 people got petrified! Then on May 21, there was this girl in the first floor bathroom. Everyone used to make fun of her, so some people say that she was in the bathroom crying. A prefect was doing rounds, and the unlucky girl didn't have a big bladder, so she went to the nearest bathroom. She found the girl lying on the floor, eyes open in horror and as cold as ice. Some say that she never left the bathroom, that she is still there. I don't believe it though."

Lily's face was pale, her eyes wide, and her hands shaking. "Moaning Myrtle," she whispered.

The boys looked at her confused, wondering how in the hell did she know the poor girls name. Lily suddenly bolted and ran out of the Great Hall. James, Remus, and Sirius ran after her, Peter stayed; he didn't have his desert yet.

Sirius finally caught up to her, he grabbed her arm and whirled her around. "Where in Merlin's name are you going?" he panted.

"Myrtle… Moaning Myrtle… bathroom," she squeaked. Her eyes were glazed, as if she were in a trance. Her hands were still shaking and clammy.

"What are you talking about Lily?" James asked out of breath.

"Bathroom. I need to get to the bathroom."

"Lils, are you going to be sick?" Sirius asked as he took a step away from her.

She shook her head, "No. Moaning Myrtle, in bathroom, have to see if true."

The boys looked from one to the other with huge eyes. Finally Remus spoke up. "To see if what is true? Lily, you are scaring us!"

What Lily did next made them all jump back in surprise. "MOANING MYRTLE IS IN THE BATHROOM! SHE IS A GHOST! I HAVE TO SEE IF IT IS TRUE! If she was the girl that was killed twenty years ago," she screamed, her voice slowly getting softer with each word.

Remus slowly took a step toward her and wrapped Lily in a hug. He whispered gently in her ear, "Lets go find her."

Okay… yeah not my favorite chapter. I needed a filler so I could get to their third year faster. I had no clue as to what I should do for this chapter, and the Chamber of Secrets has been in my head for a while so I decided to write it in this chapter.

Did you know that Voldemort would be like 60 years old! Come on, what 60 year old can move as fast as he does in the books! I find it very funny. It would be like my grandpa chasing after me!

Guess what! My brother always used to make fun of me for reading Harry Potter. Then one day last week he asked me why I always read and type on the computer. (I read fics and type my own.) I told him it was for Harry. He said that he wanted to know what was so special about him. So I gave him the first book. I read about 10 pages to him every night. (He's only 8 years old.) He said that he likes it and he cant wait to read the next one! I was so happy!

Confession Time: Okay, part of this story is kind of out of my own life. My uncle has bone cancer. He has had it now for just about 4 years. In December, the doctors gave him 6 months to live. Then in the middle of July they gave him till August 3. He is still with us, but just barely. I went to see him this weekend, he looks horrible. His skin is gray and his eyes are sunken in. I can't stand to look at him because it is a reminder that he is really sick and could die at any moment. I just wanted to let you know that my usual typing time, I will be spending with him. (Weekends) I have no clue when I will be able to update again, and I am sorry for that.

Well, I hope that you at least enjoyed the chapter! Until next time, Angel 737.