Unofficial Portkey Archive

Seven years by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Seven years

Angel 737

I got only one review for the last chapter! Was it that bad??? I personally don't think that my stories are all that good, and when I don't get reviews I happen to think that they really are as bad as I think they are! If you like it please leave a review.

Last chapter-

"That means-" Emmeline started.

"That it has to be-" Alice interrupted.

"One of the boys!" Marlene shouted.

Lily blushed, "It's Remus."

Three heads were whipped to a blushing Remus. One head was grinning wickedly. Another head had eyes that were about ready to pop out. His fingers were clenched and turning white while his face was bubbling red with anger. The third head was looking at Remus, and then at James, then to the door separating them from the person responsible for the very awkward moment.

"She l-l-li," James stammered, "she li-li, oh bloody hell, why can't I say it?"

"Maybe your in shock," Remus suggested, "You shouldn't talk till tomorrow." He got out from under the invisibility cloak and tried to get away but Sirius grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Nice try, but I want to see this!"

Sirius steered an angry and shocked James, a very frightened Remus, and a dumbfounded Peter into an empty classroom a couple of doors down from the one that they were listening too.

"Okay, James, I know you want to yell so let it all out."

James just stood there staring at Remus with a weird expression on his face. Since he didn't try to say anything Remus took that opportunity to defend himself.

"Listen, James, I didn't know she felt that way. If you would have told me-"

"She likes you! Why does she like you? How can she like someone like, like you?"

Remus winced, that was exactly what his older brother said. Those words took him to memories he never wanted to think about again.

'How can you mum? How can you love someone like, like him? You know what he is! He's a monster! And you love him! Maybe I should go.' His brother conjured his already packed trunk and ran out of the house.

His mother collapsed onto the floor and buried her crying face into her hands. His father pulled out his want and whipped it towards the shaking 6 year old Remus in the corner.

'This is all your fault! My boy left because of you! You monster! Go! Your room is in the basement now. I SAID GO!'

Remus shook his head to get rid of that awful memory and turned to find James pacing around the room, muttering, 'Remus, she likes Remus.'

"James, I didn't know that she likes me. Please-"

Sirius interrupted, "So your only mad because Lily like Remus? I would have thought that him kissing her would have made you even madder."

Remus glared at him while James' eyes got huge again. "You kissed her? How could you do that to me?"

"It was a happy birthday kiss, on the cheek. I didn't know that you liked her. James please listen to me!"

"NO! Just go, I don't want to see or talk to you again."

"James-"

"GO!"

Remus' eyes filled with tears but he vowed to not them fall. He told himself that he wasn't affected by what James had said. It had to be the memory still stuck in his head. Oh, who was he kidding, of course it was what James said. He was losing the first real friends that made him feel happy and they didn't even know what he was.

***

"Remus. Hey Remus, wait up!" Lily called to him the next day. Remus closed his eyes and stayed where he was. When she finally caught up to him she put her hand on his arm. "Remus, are you okay? You weren't at breakfast this morning and you didn't sit by me in Transfiguration."

James, Sirius, and Peter were rounding the corner. James sent Remus a glare. Remus jerked his arm away from Lily and started walking again. Lily stood routed in the same spot with shock, "What's wrong? Remus? Remus?" He turned the corner and disappeared from her sight.

***

Lily walked into the Great Hall for supper the next night. She saw three of her boys, but one was missing. She scanned the table. Ah ha, there he was. She walked to him and sat down.

"Hello."

Remus just sat there; he didn't even glance at her when she sat down. He just kept playing with his mashed potatoes.

"Remus, please talk to me," she begged.

Remus looked up with pain filled eyes, opened his mouth as if to say something, shook his head and ran out of the Great Hall.

Lily stared after him in agony. 'Why won't he talk to me? Did I say something to offend him? I have to talk to Alice.'

She stood and walked over to her other boys. " Do you guys know what is wrong with Remus?"

"Why would we?' James grumbled.

Lily looked irritated, "I don't know, maybe because you guys are his friends and you share a dorm with him."

"So."

"So, he is upset, or he's sad. Please will you try to talk to him?"

"Mhh let me think… umm NO!"

"What? Why?"

Sirius interrupted their little argument 'now will be the best time to let her know.' "Hey Peter, what kind of yellow do you think that this is?" He was holding a banana with a mischievous look in his eyes.

"I don't know. There are so many kinds of yellows such as…Golden Yellow, Peach Yellow, Creamy Yellow, but I think that that is Banana Yellow!"

Lily furrowed her brow, 'I heard those words before but where??' Something clicked inside of her head. Her eyes grew wide with shock then narrowed with frustration. "You were spying on me? How could you?" Her eyes widened again, "How much did you hear?"

They all looked away from her with shame.

Lily racked her brain, trying to figure out when Remus started acting strange. 'Two days ago. The day after our Thursday meeting.'

"No, no NOO! How could you guys do that? You invaded my personal conversations! And you guys wont talk to Remus…" Her eyes widened for the third time. She whipped her head towards James. "Did you yell at Remus?"

James looked her straight in the eye, "Yes."

"Why?" she shrieked.

"He kissed you! That's- that's breaking the code!"

"What code?"

"I don't know. The Guy Code!" he sputtered.

"Oh, for Merlin's sake!" she stood up and stomped out of the Great Hall and all the way up to the boys dorm in the Gryffindor tower.

"Remus! Open this bloody door!" She screamed while pounding on it with all her might.

"Go away."

"Remus, don't make me!"

"Please, Lily, go away."

"NO! Alohomora." What she saw surprised her. "Remus, wh-what are you doing?" she asked softly.

"Packing."

"Wh-why?"

"I don't belong here."

"Of course you do! Please Remus stop." She ran to his bed and started taking out some of the stuff in his trunk and putting them back were they belong. Remus would go around and collect them again. He finally let out a frustrated sigh and went to grab her hands so she could take anything else. When he got close enough to her he stopped when he realized what she had.

Lily gasped. She grabbed a stack of books from his trunk. When she was at the shelf she looked at the top one. Werewolves: need help controlling your inner beast when you transform?

'Breathe, Lily, breathe,' she started telling herself, 'you knew that this was a possibility' She turned around only to find Remus staring at her with fear and pain in his eyes.

"Lils, you weren't supposed to find out," he whispered.

"Oh, Remus, I would have found out anyway!" she sobbed and ran to him. She tackled him with the biggest hug he had ever gotten.

"Please don't tell anyone," he pleaded into her hair.

"But Sirius, James, and Peter…"

"Promise me Lily. Plus they're mad at me."

"I know."

Remus pulled away from the hug, "You do?"

"I just found out, that was the original reason why I came up here."

"Oh."

"I know you know that I like you, but if you don't feel the same way about me then- then-" Lily sighed, "we can still be friends right?"

"Of course," he said as he laid his head back on hers.

"Are you okay?"

"Of course."

"Are you going to help me unpack your things?"

"Of course."

"Are you going to talk to the boys?"

"Of course."

Lily grinned, "Are you the big bad wolf?"

"Of course."

She burst out laughing, "Then it's a good thing then that I'm not a little pig."

"Oh, I don't know you sure do squeal like one!" he said while tickling her sides.

"S-s-stop!"

"Nope."

Lily was laughing so hard that she fell to the floor with Remus beside her. When he finally stopped tickling her she laid her head on his shoulder.

"Remus?"

"Mhh."

"Do you like me?"

"Lily, your like a sister to me," Remus sighed then grinned, "but I'm pretty sure that my feelings can change."

"Oh."

"Promise me."

"What?"

"Promise me you wont tell anyone."

"Remus…"

"Lily."

"You have to tell them!"

"I will. When I'm ready."

"They deserve to know. But as long as you tell them, I promise."

"Good, now lets go eat, I'm starving!"

Okay that is the chapter. Remember I want reviews. I need to know if you like the story, if you don't I might just abandon it because I have other stories that I can do that I'm hoping people will like. This is the last chapter for their first year the next update they will be in their second year. (If I update!)

I'm not sure when I will update again because school starts in a week and I start my first job that same day! Wish me luck please.

Remember please review and I still need to know what order you want those other stories in!