Unofficial Portkey Archive

Seven years by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Seven years

Angel 737

"Which class do you like the most so far?" Remus asked Lily after the first week of school. They were heading out to the Lake to finish some homework.

"I would say Charms, then maybe History of Magic. I just wish that Professor Binns wouldn't be so boring. What about you?"

"Definitely Defense Against the Darks Arts." They reached the old tree beside the lake and sat down. Lily was staring off into the forest.

"Remus?"

"Hmm."

"The first night we came here, in the Entrance Hall, why did you get so angry?"

Remus' head snapped up. He was not ready to tell anyone about his condition. He was thinking about all the friends he had lost, he couldn't risk losing Lily's friendship. She made him feel alive, that nothing could ever stop them from having fun. He had no clue what he would do if they weren't friends anymore.

"It's fine if you don't want to tell me. Its just been bothering me for the past couple of day. I know we don't know everything about each other but I still consider you my best friend. If something is hurting you or bothering you I want you to tell me."

"I consider you as my best friend too, but there are some things that I'm not ready to tell you," he said sadly.

"I understand, is someone in your family a werewolf? Never mind, don't answer that."

"It's ok, and I guess you could say that," he said while throwing a rock at the Giant Squid.

"Merlin, Remus, I shouldn't be asking these kind of questions!"

"Lily, it's ok but can we drop the subject right now?"

"Of course, ask me anything, anything at all!"

He chuckled, "My turn to get personal!" Lily laughed. "What did you mean on the train when you said the your dad wouldn't be able to see you before… before what?"

Lily blinked, "My dad has… he has cancer. The doctors gave him six months to live," she whispered.

"Isn't there a cure?"

"No."

"Gee, Lily I'm sorry, I had no idea otherwise I wouldn't have-"

"No, now we're even," she sniffed, "now lets go eat before James and Sirius eat it all."

***

Even though James and Sirius didn't know Lily and Remus that well they knew that something was wrong when they came into the Great Hall. They sat down quietly and didn't say much through half of the dinner. James and Sirius shared a look.

Sirius turned to Lily, "Biscuit for your thoughts."

Lily looked up and gave a small sad smile, "You don't want to know my thought right now."

"What about you?" he said to Remus, "potato for your thoughts."

Remus chuckled, "Same here, my thoughts are slightly depressing."

"Dang, that usually works. What now?" Sirius whined.

"We could always try to tickle it out of them," James suggested.

Lily tried to smile again but it turned out to be more of a grimace, "No thanks, I think I might just go to bed." She grabbed a pastry and got up to leave, "Goodnight."

***

Later that night James, Sirius, and Peter were sitting in a circle on the floor. Remus was in the Infirmary because he wasn't feeling that well and needed some rest.

"What do you think happened?" Sirius whispered.

"Well whatever it is I don't think they will tell us," Peter piped up.

"Peter, think in the positive! Remus will get tired of talking to a girl. They get so giggly and they blow things way out of proportion. So he will eventually come crawling back to us!" Sirius exclaimed.

"You do realize that they talk together more than we do? They are perfect for each other! They both like to read, they get good grades, they get along great together, they would look like a great couple, they-"

"Okay, Peter we get the point!" James yelled with a grimace.

"Just saying they would work good together, and as you can tell the list goes on and on." Peter grumbled.

"Just shut-up!" James yelled again. "I'm going to bed. See you in the morning." He walked grumpily to his bed threw open his curtains, jumped in and threw the curtain closed. There was a huge BANG and the rails that held up the curtains came down around the sides of the bed. James growled and thrust his pillow in his face.

"Anger Management," Sirius sang while skipping to his bed.

***

"Don't you wish we were in our third year? I really want to go to Hogsmade, it would be so fun and they have a joke shop! Did you know that? I can't wait till we get to go there! Oh, I have to owl my parents this weekend, they said they want to know everything about my classes…"

"Do you think she ever shuts up?" Sirius whispered.

"Nope. This is just the sugar from the jam she had on her toast. You never want to see her when she has chocolate!" Remus replied.

"So your saying she'll be like this every morning?" James exclaimed.

Remus grinned, looked behind James and chuckled. James slowly turned around and came face to face with an angry Lily. "Are you trying to say that I look hideous in the mornings?"

"N-no, I never said tha-"

"Because I'm not like some-"

"Lily, that's not what I-"

"Of the other girls that take the whole-"

"Lily."

"Morning to do their hair. If you don't like me this way then-"

"Lily, listen to me, I wasn't talking about how you look. You look gorgeous by the way. We were talking about how hyper you are in the mornings."

Lily blushed, "You might have to keep me away from treats, who knows what I'll do next!"

"Lets find out! I think I have some Cherry Chillers in my room!" Sirius grinned while wiggling his eyebrows.

Lily laughed, "I think I told you a million times, your not my type."

Sirius slapped his hands on his heart and fell to the floor. "Way to go Lils, break the poor blokes heart. He'll never love again!" Remus wailed.

"Oh no, whatever will we do? Maybe Maryann will give him one of her love potions. She sure seems to have a lot!"

'Noooo! Not Beckler! Anyone but Beckler!" Sirius screamed while running down the hall. There was a huge thud probably meaning that he ran into someone. "Ah! My eyes! My beautiful eyes! They're ruined! I can't see! I'M BLIND!"

James, Lily, Remus, and Peter ran to find out what Sirius was yelling about. When they turned the corner Lily gasped. There lying in the middle of the corridor was Severus Snape. His robe were stuck up above his waist evidently from the collide with Sirius. What was so disturbing was that all he only had on very dirty boxers with pictures of wands on them.

Lily whirled around and started banging her head against a painting of a fruit basket muttering, "Bad image, very bad image."

After Severus ran to the bathroom that was only a couple of doors away James broke the silence. "You know what? I have those same boxers."

"You better get rid of them or I'll scream every time you have them on!" Sirius yelled.

"I plan on I just have no idea on how to dispose of them."

While the boys went on trying to figure out ideas like throwing them in the Forest or sticking them on the Slytherin door and having Snape get embarrassed in front of all of his friends. They didn't notice a door appearing out of thin air right next to where Lily was pounding her head.

"Ah guys, I think I found the kitchens!"

Ok, not my favorite chapter but I finished it. This is the last prewritten chapter that I have. It might take me awhile to get another chapter up. Hope you like this chapter read and review please!