Unofficial Portkey Archive

Lies for Love by i found nemo
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Lies for Love

i found nemo

Disclaimer: JKR owns.

Lies for Love

Chapter 12: New Beginnings

[AN] Since this chapter is fairly short as well, I decided to add it early.

And also because a reviewer convinced me that the day before New Year's eve is an official holiday ;]

---

Harry sighed and dropped down next to Hermione on their bed, exhausted after a long day of moving into their stuff into the Boston flat. Hermione was currently sitting in bed, eating some mint ice cream and playing with the laptop her parents had gotten her for the beginning of the school year.

"Alright, I think that's everything. I left some of our furniture in the boxes since there wasn't any room and put them in the hall closet."

Hermione smiled at him, "Thank you, Harry. I know I haven't been much help…"

Harry shook his head, "Don't worry about it, 'Mi."

"Okay," Hermione said, turning her attention back to the computer in front of her.

"But you know if you were really sorry you could let me have a bite of your ice cream…"

Hermione smirked and handed him her spoon, "Anything for the man that arranged my library in alphabetical order."

"In order of subject, too," Harry told her through a mouthful of ice cream. "What are you looking at?" he asked, pointing the spoon at the laptop.

"OB/gyn's in the area."

"O-B- whaties?" Harry asked, his face scrunched up in confusion.

"A doctor for us," Hermione explained looking at him with an amused expression.

"Honestly Harry, you have to know some things about this…"

"That reminds me, we still have to go book shopping, remember?"

Hermione nodded and her eyes lit up at the prospect of buying books, "Yes, I remember," she paused as she wrote a name down on her notepad.

"Did you find one yet?" Harry asked, taking another bite of her ice cream.

"I narrowed it down to about three good ones."

"So should we schedule appointments?"

"No, it says here that we just walk right on in," she said moving the laptop over for Harry to see.

"Alright, so when do you want to go?"

"I was thinking tomorrow since we're all settled in here and then it'll be kind of hard for me to get in once I start classes…"

"Yeah alright, we should go to the market down the street to load up on some ice cream for you too," he finished moving closer to her on the bed and resting his

head next to her stomach.

"And scout out a bookstore as well?" Hermione asked with a hopeful grin.

"Anything you want, sweetheart," Harry said bemusedly.

Hermione just paused and stared at him as he snuggled his head next to her stomach and laid a protective hand over the barely noticeable bump. She couldn't help, but think about how sweet and attentive he was being lately.

'Is that what it's like to be in a real relationship with someone?'

Hermione then shook her head trying to get rid of her naïve thoughts, 'No, no, no- he's only doing this because he got you pregnant. He probably feels guilty for knocking you up. Harry's not the type of person to just up and leave when he has responsibilities.'

'Yeah, and up to a few weeks ago his responsibilities were only keeping up with Auror training and remaining in touch with Ginny.'

'Shut up-'

"Hermione, you alright?"

Hermione looked down to Harry. He had a concerned look on his face that melted her heart.

'No… he wants to be here. How many times has he said that he's ecstatic that we're having a baby? He wants to be here, just as much as I want him here. Stop doubting that…'

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" she said flashing him a sincere smile.

Harry smiled back but still looked a bit concerned, "I don't know. Are you sure you're comfortable with us sharing a room and bed and stuff?" he asked, hoping that wasn't the answer of her far away look. He rather liked the idea that he would get to wake up next to her every morning.

'Where the hell did that come from?' Harry asked himself, 'It's not like she's my girlfriend and I'm allowed to do things in our bed…'

'Yeah, but you want to be able to, don't you Potter?'

'I-'

Hermione however simply shrugged, "Yeah, I mean it's not like we haven't before, right?"

"Right…" he said fidgeting. He felt heat swell up in his chest with his next thought,

"Are you thinking about Ron?"

Hermione furrowed her eyebrows. She hadn't gave Ron a thought since they'd moved in. Why was Harry brining him up all the time? Did he want her to keep feeling guilty?

"No… I was just thinking about how happy I am right now," she finished in a gentle tone.

Harry's smile reached his eyes, "Me too, that's all I ever wanted."

Hermione was grinning as she closed her laptop and put it on the bedside table, "Well, I think I'm going to finish that ice cream off and then go to bed. Honestly, I'm quite knackered."

"Yeah, we've got a big day tomorrow," he replied. Harry turned from his position and got up off the bed. Hermione gave him a bewildered look as he lifted his shirt up and over his head and then threw it in the direction of the closet.

"Can I join you?" Harry asked with a discrete smirk at the look on Hermione's face.

"S-sure," Hermione answered, turning slightly red.

"So…" Harry said conversationally as he stole another bite of her ice cream, "What do you want?"

"Excuse me?" Hermione asked with a raised eyebrow.

Harry laughed, "A boy or a girl?"

"Oh…" she said starting to smile again. That happened every time the mention of their unborn child was brought up, "Didn't we already talk about this?"

Harry shook his head, "Not really. You only said it'd be lovely to have a little mini-you and then mocked me about how terrible it would be to have an exact clone of me."

Hermione laughed, "I did do that, didn't I?"

Harry snorted, "Yes, you did."

She smiled while giving his question some serious though, "I don't know, honestly. Either would be great. What about you?"

Harry nodded in agreement, "Yeah, I think there would be good qualities in either a boy or a girl."

"Well of course there will be good qualities in it," Hermione said smugly.

Harry laughed, "Yeah. At least they will if they get all of my traits."

"Hey!" Hermione exclaimed in a playful outrage, "No more ice cream for you," she said, taking the ice cream and turning away from him.

Harry laughed at Hermione attempting to pout, "Just kidding, I hope the baby's just like you."

Hermione beamed at him, "Really?"

Harry shrugged but inwardly smiled at the way Hermione was looking at him, "Hard to imagine any child of yours not loving to read and study…"

"I think your underestimating the father's characteristics," she complimented him softly.

Harry grinned, "Oh yeah?"

Hermione nodded and looked into his eyes, "I think he or she will be very brave, and compassionate, and charming-"

"And very beautiful," Harry said confidently.

Hermione grinned, "Definitely. With your eyes…"

"What's wrong with your eyes?" Harry asked, frowning at her. He for one loved Hermione's chocolate brown eyes with flecks of gold in them. He thought they suited her personality perfectly.

Hermione shrugged modestly, "I just think yours are more… unique, I guess."

"Alright, my eyes- but then everything else is you."

Hermione looked deep into Harry's eyes. Harry- her best friend, her lover, the father of her child… How did he manage to say everything so sweetly to her? The things he said… they made her feel truly beautiful.

They stared into each other's orbs for a few more moments before Hermione smirked, "You sure you can handle two of me running around, Potter?"

"I can't wait," he said honestly making Hermione's insides melt for the second time that night.

"Me either, Harry, me either…"

---

Next chapter on Lies for Love:

Harry turned from his spot near the counter to look at her questionably, "You don't regret this, right?"

Hermione looked up at him startled. Where would he start getting ideas like that?

"Harry, of course not," she said. Obviously he wasn't convinced because he still looked at her questionably, "I mean, I won't lie. At first I had my doubts but now that we're here I have no regrets. I know we made the right choice."

Finally an all fluff chapter!

Thank you again for the reviews. Next chapter will be the finish of this story and give you a little preview for the next instalment. Now, I plan to go knock out another chapter for M&ME.

Thanks again!