Unofficial Portkey Archive

Lies for Love by i found nemo
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Lies for Love

i found nemo

Disclaimer: JKR owns.

Lies for Love

Chapter 13: All Right Now

[AN] Thanks so much to everyone.

---

Harry grunted and panted in relief as he dropped the many bags on the floor of the kitchen.

"Merlin… you know, all this heavy lifting makes you really appreciate magic more."

Hermione rolled her eyes, "You're the one who insisted on carrying all these bags. I'm more than capable of lifting one or two."

"No Hermione, not these bags," Harry said breathlessly as he reached down and struggled to pick up a few of the book bags.

Taking small quick steps, he hurried into the library with Hermione following right behind him.

"Don't start crying to me just because I got a few small books," Hermione said shortly as Harry dumped the books onto one of her reading sofas.

"A few small books, Hermione?" he asked with a raised eyebrow as he dumped five large tomes out of one bag.

Hermione reddened, "Okay, point taken. But can you blame me?" she finished giving him an innocent look.

Harry sighed and wiped a few beads of sweat from his forehead, "No. I'm just as excited to read these as you are."

"Good," Hermione said clapping her hands together enthusiastically, "We can even read them together!"

Harry didn't want to question Hermione's sudden change in mood in fear her temper would spur up again, "Are you sure you'll have time to read these once you get your text books from school?"

"Of course I will. I'll make the time."

"Good," Harry said, sending her a smile while he started stacking the new books in a empty corner case.

"Plus, I don't start classes for a few more days so we have a bit of quiet time to use up."

"I won't say no to quiet time," Harry said back to her as they both headed out of the library and into the kitchen to start clearing away the groceries.

"Me either," Hermione agreed, "I think that's just what we need after recent events."

Harry turned from his spot near the counter to look at her questionably, "You don't regret this, right?"

Hermione looked up at him startled. Where would he start getting ideas like that?

"Harry, of course not," she said. Obviously he wasn't convinced because he still looked at her questionably, "I mean, I won't lie. At first I had my doubts but now that we're here I have no regrets. I know we made the right choice."

After a few seconds Harry nodded, "Good. I'm really happy we did this."

Hermione smiled at him, "Me too, Harry. You know that's not the first time you've said that to me…"

"And it won't be the last either," he said with a smile. Hermione was expecting him to turn back around and continue putting the food away but she was taken by surprise as Harry leaned in and planted a kiss on her lips.

When he pulled away Hermione felt a strange sense of loss. She wondered why… after all that wasn't the first time Harry had kissed her and then pulled away…

"So… um, I'm happy with our doctor," Hermione said after a few seconds.

"Yeah, she seemed like a good choice."

Hermione nodded, "I liked her a lot. She got her degree from Harvard too!"

Harry smiled, "As long as you're comfortable with her."

"I am. Can you believe I'm almost four months?" she asked with an excited grin.

Harry grinned back and then moved over to grab the folder on the counter that Dr. Hammond had gave them. His smile widened as he pulled out the sonogram of their baby. According to the doctor, everything was going beautifully and on schedule.

"It's pretty crazy, huh?"

"Yeah," Hermione said affectionately, coming over to also look at the sonogram.

"I think I can even remember the night," Harry said with a knowing grin.

Hermione gave him a weird look, clearly not understanding his meaning.

"The last night at Shell Cottage…" Harry probed with a playful grin, "On the beach…"

Hermione blushed, "Oh yeah…"

Harry smirked at the dark shade Hermione's face was turning, "Anyway," he started nonchalantly, "Do you think we're making the right choice by waiting to find out the gender?"

Hermione nodded, "I think it'll be a nice surprise, don't you?"

Harry smiled, "Greatest surprise of my life."

Hermione looked at him affectionately. He had truly been the perfect friend these last few days.

Suddenly Harry realised something, "Speaking of surprises…"

"What?" Hermione asked as walked out of the kitchen and down the hall towards the library. He came back a few moments later with both his hands behind his back.

"Harry, what do you have there?" she asked, trying to remain neutral but really excited at what he was keeping behind his back.

Harry smiled and pulled out a large leather bound book from behind him, "Surprise."

Hermione frowned upon not being able to recognize the book. It had no title or any decoration on the cover at all. Hermione grabbed it from him and immediately started flipping through the pages.

She stared at the blank glossy pages of the book and then looked up at Harry in confusion, "Harry, what is this?"

"A photo album," he said with a grin before pulling his other hand from behind his back, "And this is a camera."

Hermione closed her eyes at the sudden flash of light coming from the camera.

"Harry!" she exclaimed, quickly covering her face with the photo album, "That is so juvenile," she scoffed as he started laughing.

"Oh come on Hermione, our child is going to want to know what we went through during the pregnancy. Taking a few photos won't hurt," he said innocently, trying to get her to put down the book.

He heard Hermione sigh, "Fine. Just a few though!"

"Sure," Harry said, not expecting to hold to that bargain at all. He brought the camera back up to his face, readying himself to get Hermione.

Hermione reluctantly brought the book down only to have another flash in her face followed by Harry's happy laughter.

"Oh, you prat Potter!" she said angrily, trying to fend off the smile tugging at her lips. She always felt like smiling when she witnessed Harry laughing like that.

"Come on, Hermione- a few more photos," he said with a huge smile while taking the book from her hands and throwing it back on the counter.

"No, no more! I look a mess!"

"You look beautiful," Harry told her. Hermione looked up at him with a soft smile. Harry grinned back before suddenly snapping another photo.

"You git!"

"Smile!" Harry laughed while dodging Hermione who was coming after him and trying to struggle the camera from his hands.

A few more flashes were caused by Hermione and Harry both wrestling for the camera- both of them smiling and laughing while trying to distract the other to get possession of it.

Harry gasped, "Oh look, an owl!"

"Where?" Hermione asked turning to look behind here.

Harry laughed and snapped a picture of her bum.

"HARRY!" Hermione screamed as he smacked her arse.

Harry grinned innocently, "What? It's a good bum, why not photograph it?"

"'You're incorrigible," Hermione scoffed, trying to move past him out of the kitchen.

Harry however had different plans. He grabbed her arm and spun her towards him, "Come on, one more and I'll leave you alone."

Hermione gave him a suspicious look that he would never admit scared the hell out of him, "Just one."

"Just one," he smiled, holding up one finger.

Hermione sighed as Harry continued, "Okay- say cheese!" he ordered in a sing song voice.

"Harry Potter's a pompous arse!" she replied in the same sing song tone.

"Funny," Harry said dryly with a smile as he took the picture of her.

"That'll be a good one," he said once he lowered the camera from his face.

"Sweet talker," Hermione replied with a small blush.

"Only for a pretty girl named Hermione," he shot back, coming forward to kiss her near the corner of her mouth.

Hermione closed her eyes and took in his smell and his close presence. She had been in this position many times before… one particular moment sticking out in her mind was that night he approached her on the beach at Shell Cottage. The night that had truly started this whole adventure.

Hermione opened her eyes to see Harry's darkened over in that same something he got in his eyes every time before they…

Harry leaned in again to capture Hermione fully on the lips this time.

Hermione didn't hesitate. It felt too good.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and allowed him to pick her up and carry her off towards their bedroom- all rational thoughts left behind in the kitchen with that damned camera.

As Harry walked them back to their bedroom, Hermione couldn't help but think that everything was going to be all right.

They may have a bumpy road ahead of them, but somehow she knew that they would always find their way back to each other.

---

The sequel to Lies for Love;

Safe Harbour: Harry and Hermione will have to make the ultimate decision whether they want their child to live or live a life similar to their father's. But, of course, it's not as simple as that… Harry and Hermione will have to make a decision considering what's best for their child- not what's best for them.