Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. If I did, Harmonians would be celebrating right now…

A/N: My take on the challenge by Detritus, that you can find here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26205 Basically, an HP/POTC crossover, I hope I can pull it off nicely! *laughs* Well, anyhow, if you read, please review and let me know what you think of the story! This is my first crossover so I need some kind of input on how I'm doing!

This chapter still deals mostly with Ginny and what goes through her mind, so I'm sorry if you lot don't like her much but you'll have to endure her for a bit here. I don't really like her myself, you know, but at times I need her in my stories…

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker

Chapter Two: Evil Plan

Ginny reread the legend about Davy Jones, or, better, she reread the Muggle legend on him, then in the book was then explained that Davy Jones actually existed, with his ghost ship, the Flying Dutchman, his pet, the Kraken, and of course his feared Locker existed too.

The Muggle sailors kept saying that one died on the sea, he would end in Davy Jones' Locker, it was their euphemism for death at sea. Davy Jones was believed by them to be the devil of the sea, and this legend was the strongest around 1800, when it first spread, but even now many of them fear to talk about him.

"Muggles can be really silly at times" Ginny mused while reading the Wizarding counterpart for the legend.

Davy Jones was yes a sailor, but he was also a wizard, who had managed the unthinkable. He had carved his heart out of his chest, and hid it away, and yet, he kept living. It was speculated in the book that he did so after being betrayed by his lover, and since then he changed the task assigned to him by Calipso, the goddess of the sea, from accompanying the souls of those dead in the sea to tormenting and killing sailors, to take them on his ship, which was named The Flying Dutchman. However, removing his heart had somehow robbed him of his magical powers, possibly because all of his magical core was now focused on keeping him alive even without an heart in his chest.

As a result, some other wizards had managed to bind him to a spell to summon him, as long as they were in proximity of water, as he can't step on land if not once every ten years, and he would have to obey to his summoner, which was something Muggles didn't know, though, as well as most of the wizards. The tricky part was that he could be ordered only one thing every ten years. After all, the Devil of the Sea wasn't to be treated like a slave. It was merely a form to be able to control him if the need arose.

With most of the Wizarding communities currently placed far from the sea, the knowledge of that spell had gone lost, as it wasn't useful anymore.

Memorizing the incantation to summon the Devil of the Sea, Ginny closed the book and left the Room of Requirements. Since she had missed dinner, she was quite hungry, so she headed down to the Great Hall to grab a bite before going to class.

She found Harry, Hermione and Ron already there, with Hermione sitting on Harry's right side and Ron in front of the raven haired wizard. On Harry's left was Neville, so Ginny was forced to sit in front of Hermione.

Inwardly rolling her eyes, the redhead witch collected some toast, jam, bacon and eggs on her plate and started eating.

"Where have you been last night, Ginny?" Ron inquired.

"It's not your business, Ron" she haughtily replied, taking a sip of her orange juice.

Harry kept looking at her disdainfully. He had not forgotten what she had said about Luna, and he had no intention to do so. Hermione, seeing his enraged expression, took his hand in her own and squeezed it lightly.

Harry looked at her, and his anger melted away. Giving her a curt nod, he continued eating his breakfast completely ignoring Ginny.

On her part, the redhead witch noticed the scene, and almost snorted.

"Enjoy it till you can, Granger, because soon you will find yourself in a place of madness and loneliness" she thought.

Days passed, and Ginny was busy brewing the Polyjuice potion. She needed it for her perfect plan, and it took a month to brew.

"This delays things a bit" the witch mused while stirring the contents of her cauldron, "but in the end one month is nothing if then I can have Harry all for myself for a whole life" she happily thought. Now she just needed Hermione's hair and to wait till the potion was ready.

Entering the Head Quarters to get the hair she needed wasn't an easy thing, with the password and all, but she managed. After the Luna incident, she had acted as the good girl they all thought she was, she even asked everyone of them for forgiveness, claiming she wasn't feeling too well that day. So, it wasn't hard to convince Hermione to help her with an Arithmancy essay. After all, that was Hermione's favourite subject, and she was always eager to work on it.

While they were studying, Ginny claimed to need to go to the bathroom, So Hermione showed her the way to the Head Girl one, and there she stole some of the brunette's hair from the hairbrush. Pocketing them, she returned to the little common room Hermione and Harry shared, and resumed studying with the Head Girl.

That night, she added the hair to the potion, and pocketed a vial of it. Then, she headed down to the Black Lake, and there she took a long breath.

Closing her eyes, she focused on the incantation to summon Davy Jones.

Drawing a complex wand motion in the air, she finally uttered the words for the spell: "Diabolum Maris Convoco!"

Suddenly the surface of the lake started to move, and a figure slowly emerged from it.

Now, Ginny knew Davy Jones had become a monster, but what she found herself looking at was something she didn't expect. There was nothing indicating he had once been a man. His face was that of an octopus, as well as his right arm. His left arm was that of a crab, and his right leg too. He was an assembly of sea creatures, and quite repugnant at that.

"It's no wonder he's so feared" Ginny mused, while staring at him.

"Who dares summon Davy Jones, the Devil of the Sea?" suddenly he said in a menacing tone, looking directly at Ginny.

"I-I'm Ginny Weasley" she squeaked, then cleared her throat. "I mean, I'm Ginny Weasley" she repeated, this time with normal voice.

"I can see you're scared, lassie" Jones taunted her. "And you're right" he added then, glaring at the girl. "I don't like being summoned like a ship boy"

Ginny glared back, the infamous Weasley temper starting to rise.

"Well, you have to obey now, though, don't you?" she defiantly spat. "I summoned you so you have to follow my orders"

Jones wasn't pleased but he knew it was true.

"Very well then, lassie. Speak"

"It's simple. I want you to take one person to your Locker and keep her there for the eternity" Ginny smugly said, already imagining Hermione alone in a salty desert, going mad. It was extremely satisfying.

"What do I get from that?" Jones spat, out of habit. He usually didn't act without something he could gain in return.

"Well, you have to obey me anyhow so you don't really have a choice, now, do you?" she smirked. "But, since I'm feeling rather generous at the moment, I guess you could keep her as your personal wench, once she's gone mad. I know you haven't enjoyed the body of a woman in years, possibly centuries…"

Jones glared at her. He didn't think it was good enough a reward, but he had to accept all the same. "Fine. But for me to bring her to the Locker, I need to send the Kraken after her, thus I need to mark her"

"I know. This is why I have here a potion that will change me into her for an hour, so that you can mark her hand through me" Ginny explained, taking the vial of Polyjuice from her pocket and drinking it. She slowly changed into Hermione, then she took another vial of potion. It was a ruby red liquid, and was meant to actually establish a link between the real Hermione's body and the Polyjuiced one's. Finally, Ginny/Hermione extended her hand toward Jones.

He wrapped his slimy tentacle around it, and then released her. Ginny had to close her eyes at the pain on her left hand. She then looked at it, and noticed how a black spot had appeared.

"You'll need to figure out a way to bring here the Kraken, lassie. It can't travel on land, and here we are quite far from the sea. And then, you will have to summon it to start its hunt for the prey"

"That's why I've ready a Portkey for you. You touch it to the Kraken and it will be transported inside the lake" she explained, giving him one of her old socks, just after casting the Portus spell on it. Jones grabbed the sock, and then vanished as Ginny dismissed him.

In the meantime, in the castle, the real Hermione woke up with a start at the pain in her hand. She looked at it, and noticed the black spot too.

She wondered what that was about, but then decided to go back to sleep. She would figure out a way to remove it the next day.

However, the next morning, try as she might, she couldn't get rid of it. Harry suggested she go visit Pomfrey, but the school nurse wasn't able to remove it either, nor was McGonagall.

Dumbledore's portrait said he had seen it once but couldn't remember what it was, and Ginny released the breath she was holding. If the old headmaster had figured out that, her plan would have been ruined before even actually starting.

That afternoon, claiming to want to raise Hermione's spirits, Ginny suggested the two of them went studying near the lake. They had, after all, a free period, while the boys had Care of Magical Creatures.

She hoped Jones had already transported the Kraken there, but even if he hadn't, trying didn't cost anything.

As they sat under a tree, Ginny silently cast a Silencing Charm spell on the area so that no one could hear eventual cries of help from Hermione, and almost half an hour after they had started studying, she stunned her friend. Then, she spoke the incantation to summon the Kraken that Jones had given her.

"Let no joyful voice be heard! Let no man look up at the sky with hope! And Let this day be cursed by we who ready to wake... the KRAKEN!" she cried.

A tentacle suddenly slithered out of the lake and it grabbed the brown haired witch by the ankle and dragged her down under the surface. Ginny grinned to herself when the other witch didn't reappear.

"Adieu, Hermione Granger!" she thought, laughing and returning to the castle.

-->