Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. If I did, Harmonians would be celebrating right now…

A/N: My take on the challenge by Detritus, that you can find here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26205 Basically, an HP/POTC crossover, I hope I can pull it off nicely! *laughs* Well, anyhow, if you read, please review and let me know what you think of the story! This is my first crossover so I need some kind of input on how I'm doing!

Harry and Ron find out what Ginny did. What will be their reaction?

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker

Chapter Four: Where Is Hermione?

Ginny was almost bouncing with glee at the perfect success of her plan. Sure, now the hard part came, because someone was bound to notice Hermione's disappearance, but she was sure she would be able to catch Harry's attention completely, now that the bookworm was out of the way forever.

Might be tricky at first, but in the long run she was confident she could pull it off.

So, it was with a much better mood than the previous days that she joined her brother and the object of her affections at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall, for dinner.

"Ginny, have you seen Hermione?" Harry asked. He knew they had gone outside together.

"Oh, she said she had to check some things at the library" the redhead dismissively said. "You know how she is" she added then with a slight roll of the eyes.

Harry said nothing, just resumed eating his meal, while Ron was barely aware of the conversation. Nothing could deter Ron Weasley's focus on food.

When they finally left the Great Hall to go back to the common room, Ron excused himself, his ears turning slightly pink, as he claimed he had something to take care of.

"Something, or someone?" Harry teased him with a big grin. He was actually happy that Ron was interested in Luna, for two reasons. First of all, Luna was really a nice girl, and he must admit she was pretty too, so he was glad Ron had picked such a girl for himself, one that Harry knew was perfectly suited for him, even if she was a bit strange at times.

Then, there was the second, slightly more selfish reason.

If Ron fancied Luna, then he didn't fancy Hermione. And considering the feelings Harry had been developing for their bushy haired friend while they were alone in the tent searching for the Horcruxes, it was a good thing that he didn't have to worry about how Ron would take it, when he would finally find the heart to ask her out.

Ginny, oblivious to Harry's internal musings, was for once happy that Ron was leaving them alone to go spend time with Luna. With a bit of luck, they might have some moments for themselves in the common room, after everyone else had left.

However, once there, Harry busied himself in the essays they had to do for McGonagall and Flitwick, and barely acknowledged her presence in the room. When finally two sixth years, being the last in the common room beside them, went upstairs to the dorms, she decided some "convincing" was due.

She walked toward him, and wrapped her arms around his neck from behind.

"Harry" she breathed in his hear, in what she tried to make a seductive tone.

He gently unhooked her arms from around him and continued scribbling on the parchment, not even bothering to look at her. At the third failed attempt, Harry finally raised his eyes from what he was doing and glared at her.

"Ginny, can't you take an hint?" he finally exploded. "I'm busy" he briskly said. He knew the redhead still hoped they could go back together. If he had to be truthful with himself, he wondered what had he seen in her two years ago.

Yes, she was pretty. But Hermione had grown to be a pretty girl too. Maybe not supermodel-like, but the brown haired witch was definitely pretty.

Yes, Ginny had been able to distract him from what he had to do, from his fate. But considering how dating her and forgetting about his duties got Dumbledore killed, and yes, the Headmaster was going to die anyhow, but this didn't lessen the guilt Harry still felt at times, he wasn't so sure it was a good thing.

Plus, he suspected she still saw him as The Boy Who Won, not just Harry like he hoped his girlfriend would see him. He had never cared for money or fame, and if there was something he wished, it was to find someone who could appreciate him for who he truly was, not the title he carried. And till now the only girl able to do that had been Hermione.

Hermione, who had been near him at every moment, even when Ron wouldn't, for his jealousy issues. He had forgiven his best mate for the two times he had deserted him, but he hadn't forgotten them.

Hermione, who was the real reason he was still alive today, because honestly, without her he might have been dead who knows how long ago.

Hermione, who had been hurt so many times just to be on his side, when she just had to call herself out of the fight to be relatively safe. Well, maybe not safe, but safer than being at his side in every battle. He still had nightmares at night about her being tortured at Malfoy Manor. He could still feel her screams go through him like physical pain, if he thought back to that day.

Hermione…who still hadn't come back from the library, so late at night.

Sighing, as he knew she was stubborn and could stay up all night if she reckoned she had to finish something, he gathered his books and finally retreated to the Heads Quarters, without even a glance at Ginny who was currently sulking on the sofa in front of the fire, upset that her plan to "seduce" him had failed.

After changing to his night clothes, Harry entered his bed and was soon asleep, dreams of Hermione making his rest definitely pleasurable.

Next morning, he quickly showered, then dressed, and knocked on Hermione's door to ask her if she wanted to go down together for breakfast.

He, however, got no response.

"Probably she fell asleep in the library and has already gone down to the Great Hall" he guessed. It wouldn't be the first time.

So, he went to wake up Ron and waited for his mate to dress, then they headed down to grab something to eat. Harry hoped to find Hermione there.

He didn't. Wondering where she could be, he hastily gulped down a couple sausages, one toast and a glass of pumpkin juice, and went to check the library.

Madam Pince glared at him as he burst inside her sanctuary and started searching for his friend, but he didn't care. He looked in every angle, at every table, but there was no sign of her.

Harry then started to get suspicious.

Running out of the room, he met Ron who was going back to Gryffindor Tower to fetch his books for their first class.

"She's not there" Harry said, catching his breath. "Have you seen Ginny?"

The redhead girl had not heard the first part of the conversation, so she guessed he was just searching for her to spend time together.

"I'm here Harry" she sweetly said. He glared at her, grabbed her by one arm and dragged her all the way to the Room of Requirements.

Ron followed them, and noticed the scene was causing many other students to wonder what was going on. Harry didn't care, and once the door finally appeared, he dragged Ginny inside, ignoring her protests, and slammed it shut after Ron entered.

"Where. Is. Hermione?" he growled, his green eyes dark with rage. Ginny flinched for the briefest moment, then looked at him defiantly.

"How can I know?" she spat.

Harry glared at her, then ran an hand through his hair. Finally, he sighed.

"Ginny, tell me where she is" he said, grabbing his wand. "Don't force me to do something I don't want to"

"I don't know" Ginny shouted, and moved to leave, but Ron stopped her.

"You know, Gin, it's highly suspicious that you two were out together and since then no one saw her" her brother said, glaring. He might not be the brightest bloke around the castle but he wasn't completely stupid.

She glared back.

"Ok, then. Since you are being unreasonable…" Harry said, and pointed his wand at her. "Legilimens!" he shouted.

Ginny never stood a chance. She had never practiced Occlumency, and honestly, even if she had, there was no way for her to resist Harry's assault on her mind, being that the raven haired wizard poured all his strength in it. She could feel his unkind search through her memories, looking for something specific, the waves of his attack rummaging through her thoughts with raw power. She could feel his anger.

Finally, he found what he was searching. He looked at her reading those books, he heard her formulate her plan, and he saw her lure Hermione in the trap she had set, all of this even if she was trying to push him away from those images as hard as she could.

Finally the connection broke. Harry was horrified.

Ron looked at his best friend and wondered what could have shocked him so much.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?" Harry finally shouted. "You sent her to Davy Jones' Locker!"

"What?" Ron asked, confused.

"The bottom of the sea, Ron. Where supposedly the sailors who die on the sea end. It's a place of eternal rest, or a place for Davy Jones, known as the Devil of the Sea, to keep souls for the eternity" Harry explained. He was familiar with the Muggle legend as he had once managed to nick a book that talked of it from Dudley's room, probably borrowed from someone of his gang, given the Dursleys' dislike for anything out of the ordinary.

"WHAT?" Ron shouted, then turned toward his sister. "Ginny! What the hell has possessed you to do something like that?"

"She was always between me and Harry, I had to do something to get rid of her" the redhead excused herself.

Harry laughed hollowly. "You damned her to an eternity of madness just so you could try to get me back?" he snorted at the absurdity of it all. "Ginny, you never stood a chance. I'm sorry to say this of your sister, Ron," he said, turning toward his mate who nodded in understanding, "but Hermione has always been far better than you, Ginny, in every aspect" he spat, while Ron was still glaring daggers at his sister.

Then, Harry conjured a chair and ropes, he bound her to it, and spoke. "Now, you'll tell us all what you've done, and how we can get her back"

Ginny sighed, and then started talking. This was not how she had expected the plan to go, not at all.

-->