Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. If I did, Harmonians would be celebrating right now…

A/N: My take on the challenge by Detritus, that you can find here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26205 Basically, an HP/POTC crossover, I hope I can pull it off nicely! *laughs* Well, anyhow, if you read, please review and let me know what you think of the story! This is my first crossover so I need some kind of input on how I'm doing!

The highly anticipated reunion with Hermione, hope you'll like it!

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker

Chapter Nine: Farewell

Ron and Ginny were patiently waiting on the shore, occasionally kicking some water. Both had faith in Harry's Patronus to find Hermione and bring her back. After all, if they attempted entering the desert, they would easily get lost themselves.

Harry, on the ship, was nervously pacing, now and then looking toward the beach, and then sighing in frustration, running one hand through his messy hair, a gesture he had unconsciously picked up from his father James.

Finally, a figure appeared on the horizon, and it was approaching fast.

"It's them!" he shouted in joy.

Ron and Ginny noticed too, and couldn't help the grins spreading on their faces. Yes, even Ginny was relieved they had somewhat managed to find Hermione, even if she had been the one sending her there. The redhead had grown ashamed of her actions, and deeply regretted them.

As the stag reached the two Weasleys, Hermione got down from it, stumbling, and Ron grabbed her, holding her close, while the Patronus vanished.

Harry saw it from the ship and a sense of jealousy flared inside him, but it was gone in a moment. He remembered Ron had Luna waiting for him at Hogwarts, plus he could see Hermione gently pushing the redhead away as she assured him she was fine.

The brown haired witch then turned and noticed the other person on the beach.

"Ginny?" she said, narrowing her eyes in suspicion. The other girl looked down.

"I'm sorry, Hermione" she said.

"Where's Harry?" Hermione asked then, noticing someone was missing. Ron grinned, and pointed his finger toward the sea, where Hermione could see the ship waiting for them.

"Why isn't he here too?" she asked, suddenly concerned that something had happened to him.

"Ah, well, I guess he will explain everything" Ron said, turning slightly pink on his ears, a sign Hermione took as him hiding something. However, since she would find out soon anyhow, she let it pass.

"Let's go then" she cheerfully said. They pushed the boat into the sea and rowed to the ship, were Bootstrap Bill and other men from the crew, which had regained their human looks since Harry had become captain, lifted them up.

As soon as she stepped on the deck, Hermione ran toward Harry who was waiting her with a big grin on his face, and enveloped her in a bear hug, which she promptly returned.

"I thought I'd lost you forever" he whispered to her, and she could see a deep emotion swimming in his emerald pools. Then, he lowered his head and captured her lips in their first kiss.

Completely forgetting they had an audience, Hermione kissed him back, and deepened the kiss. Soon later, he gently touched his tongue to her lips, begging for entrance, and the brunette eagerly complied, her tongue meeting his for the first time and an intense feeling of finally being complete sweeping through both of them. Hermione buried one hand into Harry's wild black locks, while he placed one on her back, gently caressing her, while the other was cupping her cheek. Even without an heart in his chest, he could feel it swell with pure joy.

It started slowly and gently, but soon the kiss grew into a full snogging session, with Bootstrap keeping the crew occupied so that they wouldn't peek at the couple, while Ginny smiled sadly, and sighed, turning toward the sea. It hurt like hell see Harry kiss Hermione, but she knew then that she truly never had a chance to win that "war".

Ron joined her on the side of the ship.

"You'll find someone who will love you like that, Gin" he soothingly said. "I know I have" he added then, with a dreamy look.

Ginny smiled weakly. "You're serious about Luna then?"

"Yeah, I am" Ron replied with a grin. "Well, we better interrupt them or Harry will pass ten years here kissing her" he joked then.

When he turned, however, the two had already stopped kissing, and were adoringly looking into each other eyes.

Hermione caught sight of the scar on his chest, but a look from Harry stopped her from asking. She knew he would tell her later.

They walked hand in hand toward their friends.

"I guess it's time to go back home" Harry sighed, and then barked some orders to his crew, which promptly executed them. The ship started going down, and Harry hugged Hermione tightly.

"Hold onto me" he whispered into her ear, making her shiver from the sensation.

Soon later, the ship emerged on the other side, back into the Atlantic Ocean.

"To Scotland!" Harry barked. He knew even with the speed of the Dutchman it would take at least a couple days getting there. Ron and Ginny could have Apparated there, of course, but knowing Harry wouldn't be back before ten years, they wanted to spend as much time with him as possible, so they didn't.

Although, most of the time Harry was with Hermione, and the two Weasleys left them be, knowing they would need to make up for the time they wouldn't be able to be together later. From her expression, Ron guessed Harry was telling her everything about their adventure, and ultimately how he wouldn't be able to go back home with them. Tears started spilling from the young witch's eyes, confirming his guess.

Ginny tried busying herself asking Bootstrap Bill, the one she felt was more open to speak, questions about Muggle ships and such, with the excuse that Arthur would want to know everything about those.

She hoped that way she would not think about the guilt she felt for Harry's current condition. If only she hadn't been so foolish, now she could at least have him as a friend. Her behaviour ended depriving her of that too, as he would not be there for most of their lives. He would probably never forget anyone of them, and neither would them, but still, he would be away, without the chance to write them or receive letters, too.

Finally, Scotland came into view. Ron and Harry manly hugged, wishing each other good luck. Then Harry hugged Ginny, and she cried onto his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, Harry" she choked out, and he smiled at her. "Don't be, Gin. Live your life, and find yourself someone to really love. I'll be ok. After all, I've always hated all that fuss the press made of me killing Voldemort, at least this way I'll be away from it" he joked, and she smiled despite the sadness of the moment.

The two of them then Apparated back to Hogwarts, while Hermione remained there with Harry. With a boat, they reached a small beach they could see from the ship. Harry brought the chest with his heart with them.

Once there, they had the most fun they had since the war started, chasing each other into the shallow water, or chatting quietly, holding each other close, looking toward the horizon.

Hermione felt it was unfair that they should get separated for ten years just after they found out they loved each other, but that was life, and life rarely was fair. She forced herself to banish those thoughts, as she would have enough time to dwell on them later, once Harry was gone.

She suddenly turned inside his embrace, and kissed him hard. He was surprised at her boldness but not the least troubled by it. They didn't care they were getting dirty with sand sticking to their clothes, as they rolled on the beach snogging each other silly.

When they finally parted for lack of air, Harry grinned devilishly.

"Never guessed you'd be so good at kissing" he teased her.

"I can still improve" she grinned back.

"There's nothing like practice to improve, right?" he impishly said, before claiming her lips again.

Sadly, every good thing has to end, so it was with heavy hearts that they noticed the sun starting to set.

"I've got to go" Harry said, sighing, and squeezing her hand with his own. Then, he walked to where he had set the chest with his heart, and brought it to her.

"It has always belonged to you, even when I didn't know it" he said, looking straight into her brown, warm eyes. "Will you keep it safe for me?"

"Of course" she breathed, barely finding the strength to speak now that their ten years long separation was merely minutes away.

Stealing a last kiss to her soft lips, which elicited a soft moan from her throat, he then gave her a mock formal salute, and which she couldn't help giggling, and then he got back into the boat and rowed to the Dutchman, which was waiting for him.

Hermione watched him go back on it, and then the ship sailing away, till it vanished on the horizon. Only then she allowed the tears to fall, clutching the chest with Harry's heart tightly to her.

-->