Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. If I did, Harmonians would be celebrating right now…

A/N: My take on the challenge by Detritus, that you can find here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26205 Basically, an HP/POTC crossover, I hope I can pull it off nicely! *laughs* Well, anyhow, if you read, please review and let me know what you think of the story! This is my first crossover so I need some kind of input on how I'm doing!

The action begins now! Let's see how Harry and the other two deal with the feared Devil of the Sea and his crew!

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker

Chapter Six: The Heart of The Devil

Harry finally let sleep take him. It was crucial that they didn't lose time, but it was also crucial that they start the mission well rested. Who knew what might await them on that island?

Soon, his sleep was filled with dreams of a certain young witch, a contented smile on his face. That was how Ginny found him the next morning, being the first to have woken up.

"I'm sure he's thinking of her" she wistfully said. It was becoming more and more clear how she would never be able to regain his heart, and maybe, just maybe, she was learning to accept it. Of course, she could have used a love potion like her mother did, but she wanted him to love her for who she was, not for a potion, and that was not going to happen.

While she was occupied with these thoughts, Harry began to stir. After looking around and remembering where he was, he noticed she was awake.

"I've found it" he said with a grin.

"What?"

"The charm to use the map to find the heart. I found it while you two were sleeping, and I know the heart is hid on a Caribbean island called Isla Cruces" he explained, while gently waking up Ron.

After repeating what he found to his best mate, Harry suggested they went to have something to eat.

Then, a chat with the Headmistress was in order, to grant them the permit to leave.

Professor McGonagall listened attentively to what they had to say, and then sighed.

"Well, I guess you will leave even if I try to stop you, so what's the point in trying?" she said, giving them a stern look but Harry knew she was approving of what they were going to do. After all, Hermione was one of her favourite students.

"I, however, would be more happy if you took someone of the Order with you" she suggested.

Harry shook his head. "There's no time for that" he said with a tone of finality.

"Very well then. Go" the older witch said, and in a flash the three of them were out of the room and running on the staircases. Harry suggested they got their brooms, just to be sure, and so they did, shrinking them and putting them in their pockets. Then, they headed outside the castle, where they started running through the grounds toward Hogsmeade, Harry always shouting to his two companions to run faster.

Finally, out of breath, they reached the village.

"Harry, mate…give me a moment" Ron implored, and Harry had to admit they needed to calm down a bit before Apparating, otherwise they would risk to get splinched.

Ron was sitting on the ground, wiping the sweat from his brow, and panting.

"Hey, mate, you really need to work on your stamina a bit" Harry joked, and Ron mock glared at him, before grinning. "I guess I need to do that" he finally admitted.

Then, the three of them concentrated on where they wanted to arrive, and felt the usual sensation of tight bands fastening around their chests, darkness enveloping them, before they found themselves in the salty water of the Atlantic Ocean, few meters from a white shore.

They swam toward the land, and proceeded to dry themselves with a couple charms. Then, Harry took his map.

"Where are we?" he asked to the map, pointing his wand at it. He had read about how to find out where they were on the books from the Restricted Section.

Soon, he saw the image on the map zoom in, till he could read the label. "Isla Bella" he muttered. Scanning the parchment for Isla Cruces, he noticed it was just few miles away, on the north.

"We missed it" he said. "Isla Cruces is that way" he explained, turning toward the right direction. Ron and Ginny followed his gaze, and that was the moment they saw it.

Suddenly, from the water, a large ship emerged. It was battered, and yet it sailed fast.

"The Flying Dutchman!" Harry shouted. "Damn!" he then swore under his breath. "We need the brooms, and fast!" he ordered. All three of them resumed their brooms to their original size, and swiftly mounted, starting to fly in the direction of the island, the same direction the ship was going to.

"Prepare to fight" Harry commanded, raising his wand. And he had a right to do so. As he reached the ship, he could see the cannons were ready to fire. A moment later, a cannonball was flying toward him.

With a feint, he easily dodged it. "I can dodge a Bludger, I can dodge your cannonballs" he grinned to himself, boasting a bit. However, on the third cannonball flying inches from him, he decided he had had enough.

"Reducto!" he shouted, pointing his wand at one of the cannons, blasting it away. Ron and Ginny soon followed the lead, and an harsh battle made of Blasting Spells and cannonballs ensued.

Ginny's broom was hit on the tail, and she was falling down into the ocean when Ron dived and grabbed her from one arm. Harry provided cover for them while the redhead helped his sister mount his broom.

Davy Jones was angry. No one had ever been able to silence his ship blasting away all the cannons. "Turn to starboard! Ready the triple cannons!" he bellowed, and from the prow of the ship two triple cannons emerged. Soon, the Dutchman was pointing them at the three teenagers.

"Blimey!" Ron muttered.

"You two, fly to the island! I'll take care of them!" Harry shouted.

Ron nodded and flattened on his broom, Ginny holding onto him and doing the same. Harry knew if Jones wanted to get them he would have to turn the ship, but if he did, Harry could blast away his cannons without risking to be shot himself, as the cannons would be turned away from him.

So, the ship didn't move, allowing the two Weasleys to fly away.

Harry watched the ship attentively, then he suddenly dived as three cannonballs, smaller than the other ones but still deadly, flew toward him. He accelerated his Firebolt to exit the fire range of the ship, then fired his Reducto. The first of the triple cannons was destroyed, pieces of metal landing on the ship, or into the water, where they would rest forever on the bottom of the Ocean.

Harry then flew straight toward the other cannon, casting a Shield charm on himself. He dodged two of the balls fired at him, the third however hit the shield and broke through it. Having lost great of its strength, the impact with Harry's right shoulder wasn't devastating, however it managed to knock him off his broom. He remained attached to it just with one hand, and he knew he would be an easy target if he didn't do something soon.

Loosening his grip on the handle of the Firebolt, he let himself fall into the water, but while he was falling he got a clear shot at the cannon, and he fired.

"Reducto!"

The light of the spell hit the weapon and reduced it to silence.

Then, Harry Accioed his Firebolt to him, and quickly fled to the island where Ron and Ginny were waiting for him.

As he arrived, he checked the map, and lead them to where the flashing dot was. "We need to dig, I guess" he said.

Using their wands, it was easy for them to find the chest.

Ron grabbed it and pulled it outside the hole. All of them could easily hear the heart thumping inside.

"Bloody Hell, it's true then!" the redhead exclaimed.

"I very well hope so, otherwise we would have come here in vain" Harry grinned. As he was ready to unlock it, though, he heard noises from the beach.

"Damn" he swore. Jones' minions were there, ready to battle them.

"They're fast" Ron said, impressed. Being half creatures of the sea, it took them a few seconds to reach the beach from the ship. Jones didn't come, as he couldn't step on land if not every ten years.

"Ready to fight" Harry ordered, his eyes darkening, as he pointed his wand at the first of them. "Stupefy!" he cried, and the "man" fell down unconscious. Ron and Ginny quickly followed the example, and soon they had the upper hand.

Or, so they thought.

"Let no joyful voice be heard! Let no man look up at the sky with hope! And Let this day be cursed by we who ready to wake... the KRAKEN!" they heard Jones shout from the ship.

"Oh, no, the Kraken!" Ginny whimpered.

Soon, an huge tentacle emerged from the water, directed toward them. The beast could not near the beach too much but its impressive tentacles could still reach them.

"Sectumsempra!" Harry cried, cutting off the offending limb. It was a quick work for the three teens to dispose of the tentacles, and then they directed their spells at the body of the beast, killing it once and for all.

However, that had distracted them from Jones' minions, and one of them had managed to collect the chest and run back to the ship.

Ginny noticed him just as he was entering the water.

"Harry!" she called, pointing her finger at where the half human creature was. There was not time to stun him as it had already transported himself on the Dutchman.

"Grab your brooms and fly to the ship!" Harry commanded, mounting his Firebolt and speeding toward the Dutchman. They needed to reach it before he went underwater, otherwise every chance to save Hermione would be lost.

-->