Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. If I did, Harmonians would be celebrating right now…

A/N: My take on the challenge by Detritus, that you can find here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26205 Basically, an HP/POTC crossover, I hope I can pull it off nicely! *laughs* Well, anyhow, if you read, please review and let me know what you think of the story! This is my first crossover so I need some kind of input on how I'm doing!

The fight continues here, let's see what Harry and the two Weasleys will do to get the heart back!

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker

Chapter Seven: Sacrifice

There was a reason why the Firebolt was the finest broom in the Wizarding World. As fast as the Dutchman was, Harry was upon them in no time. To stop the ship, there was just one thing to do.

"Stupeficium!" he cried, pointing his wand at the "man" behind the wheel. Then, before someone else could take his place and continue manoeuvring the ship, he landed on the deck, wand at the ready.

Jones was clutching the chest with his heart inside, and Harry aimed at it.

"Accio Chest!"

However, before he could grab it and fly away again, he was surrounded by Jones' minions, and had to use a shield charm to protect himself from their swords, cutlers and various Muggle Weapons, including some guns.

Luckily, Ron and Ginny arrived and started battling them, leaving Harry in a better situation.

Jones, though, didn't lose time to draw his sword and attack the raven haired boy.

"Fancy a duel, ship boy?"

"Anytime, Jones" Harry replied with a sneer after disposing of two of his men. He had battled Voldemort, surely he could battle this guy. He fired a volley of curses to the captain of the Dutchman, but to no avail, because Jones deflected them all with the blade of his sword.

"I was a wizard once, boy. I know how to defend myself from your childish jinxes" the other snarled, and moved to attack.

"Very well then" Harry spat, moving his wand in the air. "If it is a swordfight you seek, a sword fight you shall have" he finished, conjuring a sword identical to Gryffindor's one, and grabbing it with ease.

In the meantime, Ron and Ginny were having some difficulties with the rest of Jones' crew. They were advantaged by using magic, but the other side was advantaged by being a big number.

"Sectumsempra!" Ron cried, and effectively slashed one of them at the waist. A series of fishes erupted from the wound instead of blood.

"Ugh" the redhead grunted, disgusted by the scene.

"Ginny, remind me to not eat fish for a long time after this is over" he then joked, challenging another enemy. His sister rolled her eyes with a smile while focusing on the battle.

At the centre of the deck a fierce duel was going on, swords clashing, and no one of the opponents gaining the upper hand on the other. Jones was impressed, he didn't think that boy to be this skilled with the sword. Harry, on his part, was acting merely on instinct and reflexes, not having been properly trained at the use of such weapon, and relying on his only other experience with it, when he had killed the Basilisk in his second year.

Suddenly, he slipped, and Jones took the chance to grab the chest and aim his sword at Harry's heart, but the blow hit the wood of the deck, as the young wizard had Apparated himself on the top of the main tree of the ship. Jones followed him there and the duel continued on the precarious equilibrium of their new positions.

Jones was at a disadvantage here, because he had to steady himself and the heavy chest he was holding too, which gave Harry the chance to attack more often. A blow hit the chest and made Jones lose his grip on it, sending it flying toward the ocean.

"Ron! The chest!" Harry bellowed, and the redhead boy Accioed it at him. With a nod he reassured Harry, then everyone focused again on the battle.

Harry decided there was no reason to duel in that uncomfortable situation, so he Apparated back to the deck, where Jones followed him swiftly.

Ron and Ginny were now continuously assaulted by two or three enemies together, which made using magic difficult as they hadn't time to aim their hexes. So they decided to rely on swordfight too. Taking the weapons from two fallen enemies, they started dodging blows and responding the best they could, now and then protecting themselves behind magical shields they conjured.

However, it was evident their lack of skill with a Muggle weapon, and a blow from an enemy eluded Ginny's guard and opened a deep gash on her left shoulder, staining her clothes with the blood quickly exiting from the wound.

"Ginny!" Ron cried, and that had Harry turn his head toward where they were battling. He noticed the wound, so after he parried a blow from Jones, the raven haired boy cast an healing spell on the redhead girl, who was already getting pale for blood loss. She would need a Blood Replenishing Potion once this was finished, but for now she was safe, albeit a bit weak.

Seeing his sister hurt enraged Ron, who slashed his sword in a mad fury, managing to knock away the weapons of the two enemies currently duelling with him. When one of them tried to tackle him with his bare hands, Ron gave him a well aimed blow with his elbow, and the resulting "crack" told his he managed to break some kind of bone in the opponent, who fell to the ground in pain. Then, he resumed helping Ginny.

As they fought side by side, he managed to crack a joke.

"Luckily Harry had been attentive in that lesson on the Healing Charms, uh?"

Ginny smiled weakly, even in the concentration of the fight and trying to not pass out for exhaustion. As they pushed away their opponents, since everyone was by now getting tired, everyone stopped fighting and observed the duel in the middle, which was, after all, the one which would decide the outcome of the battle.

Harry managed to steer the confrontation toward the chest. He had understood there was no way for him to beat Jones in a swordfight, so he decided for a more extreme measure.

As he managed to steer the duel with Jones to the spot where Ron had placed the box with the heart, Harry cast the strongest shield he could think of, and hoped it would resist Jones' attacks while he dealt with something else.

Then he pointed his wand at the chest.

"Alohomora" he said, and realization dawned on Ron and Ginny's faces. It was the redhead who spoke first.

"Harry!" No! You can't do it!"

Harry didn't listen, and grabbed the thumping heart in his hand.

"Mate, you're gonna be stuck as the captain of this ship forever!" Ron called, but Harry still didn't listen to them. He knew what was at stake but it was the only chance to save Hermione.

"Harry, don't do this!" both the Weasleys called. Jones was watching, a bit scared for the first time since becoming captain of the Dutchman, as that boy was threatening to kill him.

Harry finally looked at them, a strong determination in his green eyes. "If having to be the captain of the Dutchman is the only way to save Hermione, I will", he said.

Then, he steeled his resolve and finally plunged the sword into the heart, a bit of blood spurting from it onto his clothes.

Jones suddenly staggered toward the side of the ship, and then with a last whisper of his old loved one's name, Calypso, he fell into the water, dead.

Moments later, one of the crew members advanced toward Harry, a knife in his hand. It was Bootstrap Bill, and as he kneeled in front of Harry, who had done the same to stab the heart, he said, "The Dutchman always needs a captain", then he proceeded to carve Harry's heart out of his chest, the boy passed out for the pain, then he replaced Jones' one with it, and once more locked the chest that would keep it safe.

Ginny was crying freely into Ron's shoulder, who was awkwardly patting her back. The redhead witch couldn't believe how wrong her plan had gone. Started to damn her rival to an eternity of madness and leaving her free to conquer Harry, it had instead ended damning the young man she loved to an eternity on a ghost ship.

Finally, Harry regained his consciousness and stood up, a long scar running through his chest, which Ginny had to admit gave him a damn sexy and rugged look, then he walked to the wheel, and shouted, "To the Locker!", his green eyes blazing.

The two other teenagers could feel the ship starting to move and acquiring speed rapidly, so they held themselves steady grabbing the side of the ship, ready to face the last part of their journey, but sombre for the outcome of the adventure so far.

-->