Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. If I did, Harmonians would be celebrating right now…

A/N: My take on the challenge by Detritus, that you can find here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26205 Basically, an HP/POTC crossover, I hope I can pull it off nicely! *laughs* Well, anyhow, if you read, please review and let me know what you think of the story! This is my first crossover so I need some kind of input on how I'm doing!

Second half of Hermione's stay in the locker. More of her hallucinations, so again this will be mostly a retelling of events from DH. And yes, I'm mostly gonna use the same words, what's the point in rewriting them if the actions are the same?

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker

Chapter Eight: Davy Jones' Locker, Part II

Hermione was staggering across the salty desert. She wasn't aware of her surroundings, only of what was going on in her mind.

Finally she stumbled, and fell to the ground, ripping her school blouse open on the left shoulder. She didn't care, and just lay there, closing her eyes, as the imagines assaulted her brain.

Ginny looked up into Harry's face, took a deep breath and said, "Happy seventeenth"

"Yeah…thanks"

She was looking at him steadily; he , however, found it difficult to look back at her; it was like gazing into a brilliant light.

"Nice view" he said feebly, pointing toward the window.

"She ignored this. He could not blame her.

"I couldn't think what to get you" she said.

"You didn't have to get me anything"

She disregarded this too.

"I didn't know what would be useful. Nothing too big, because you wouldn't be able to take it with you"

He chanced a glance at her. She was not tearful; that was one of the many wonderful things about Ginny, she was rarely weepy. He had sometimes thought that having six brother must have toughened her up.

She took a step closer to him.

Hermione wanted to scream at Harry to get away from her, but she couldn't. She couldn't find her voice, so she just kept watching, a feeling of dread filling her.

"So then I thought, I'd like you to have something to remember me by, you know, if you meet some Veela when you're off doing whatever you're doing"

"I think dating opportunities are going to be pretty thin on the ground, to be honest"

"There's the silver lining I've been looking for" she whispered, and then she was kissing him as she had never kissed him before, and Harry was kissing her back…

"Get off of him, wench!" Hermione shouted to no one, as she was completely alone. "Get off of him!" she repeated, as the kiss in her head kept going on and on, leaving her with a sense of frustration, as her own voice became lower and lower, till it was merely more than a whisper, a single tear running down her cheek.

Suddenly, she was flung into another hallucination.

"Hang on a moment!" said Ron sharply. "We've forgotten someone!"

"Who?" Hermione found herself asking.

"The house-elves, they'll all be down in the kitchen, won't they?"

"You mean we ought to get them fighting?" Harry asked.

"No" Ron said seriously. "I mean we should tell them to get out. We don't want any more Dobbys, do we? We can't order them to die for us…"

There was a clatter of Basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione's arms.

Hermione looked at herself in the hallucination run at Ron, fling her arms around his neck and kiss him fully on the mouth, and Ron throw away the fangs he was holding, and the broomstick too, and then he responded to her kiss fiercely, lifting her off her feet.

"Yuck" Hermione snorted, wiping her lips like she had really been kissing Ron. "Me and Ron, no way!" she scowled. "Now, me and Harry, that would be fun" she giggled uncontrollably, and remained in that state for a while.

If someone was to see her, they would have thought she ahd finally snapped and gone mad.

---------------

"Come on, Ron, Ginny. You go down on the beach and look for her. I wonder how far inside this desert she has gone" Harry commanded from the wheel of the Dutchman. They had managed to reach the Locker, and were now near the beach, but the ship couldn't go further. A boat was lowered.

"You not coming?" Ron asked, bewildered.

"Ah, no. I've got only one day on land for the next ten years, and as much as it pains me not to come down with you, I've got a precise idea of how I want to spend it once we have retrieved Hermione" Harry said with a sad smile. Then, he nodded to Ron.

The redhead sighed, and aimed his wand at Ginny, bounding her hands together.

"Ron, what the hell…"

"Sorry Ginny" Harry interrupted, "but I don't exactly trust you around Hermione anymore" he said, and she gulped as she saw a flash of raw anger pass through his green eyes.

She nodded sadly, and followed her brother to the boat.

Harry then took his wand, and closed his eyes, remembering all the good times he had with Hermione, how she always made him feel safe when she hugged him, and how she warmed his heart, which was now locked in a chest, when she smiled. How she would bite her lip while she was concentrating, and how she would push a strand of hair away if that got in her way while she was reading, or writing.

A grin spread on his lips, and he let these happy feelings channel through him to his wand, then he spoke, hoping it would work. After all, Jones had been stripped of his magic when he ahd taken his heart out of his chest, so Harry guessed most of his magic was busy keeping him alive. And yet, he could still feel some of it rush through his veins, so he tried.

"Expecto Patronum!" he cried, and when he opened his eyes he found a silvery stag looking up at him.

"Hey there" he affectionately called at it. "Go find Hermione and bring her back to the beach" he ordered, and the stag seemed to nod before rushing away toward the land.

Ron and Ginny then began furiously rowing to reach the beach and wait for Hermione to arrive.

----------------------

Her giggling finally subsiding, Hermione stood up and kept staggering toward something, she didn't really know what, but she had a feeling she should head that way.

Her brain was currently providing her another set of images.

"I think it's them, Al" said Ginny suddenly.

A group of four people emerged from the mist, standing alongside the very last carriage. Their faces only came into focus when Harry, Ginny, Lily and Albus had drawn tight up to them.

"Hi" said Albus, sounding immensely relieved.

Rose, who was already wearing her brand new Hogwarts robes, beamed at him.

"Parked all right then?" Ron asked Harry. "I did. Hermione didn't believe I could pass a Muggle driving test, did you? She thought I'd have to Confund the examiner"

"No, I didn't" Hermione heard herself reply. "I had complete faith in you"

Then she realized something. "Wait, me and Ron are married, with kids? And Harry and Ginny too? This is mad! What is wrong with me?" she pondered. "I need rum" she suddenly cried. "No, wait, make it Firewhiskey" she mused, and then nodded. "Yes, Firewhiskey is strong enough to make me deal with this absurdity"

Back on the platform, they found Lily and Hugo, Rose's younger brother, having an animated discussion about which house they would be sorted into when they finally went to Hogwarts.

"If you're not into Gryffindor, we will disinherit you" said Ron, "but no pressure"

"Ron!" Hermione shouted, angrily.

Lily and Hugo laughed, but Rose and Albus looked solemn.

"He doesn't mean it" said Hermione and Ginny, but Ron was no longer paying attention. Catching Harry's eye, he nodded covertly to a point some fifty yards away. The steam had thinned for a moment, and three people stood in sharp relief against the shifting mist.

"Look who it is"

Draco Malfoy was standing there with his wife and son, a dark coat buttoned up to his throat. His hair was receding somewhat, which emphasised the pointed chin. The new boy resembled Draco as much as Albus resembled Harry. Draco caught sight of Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny staring at him, nodded curtly and turned away again.

"So that's little Scorpius" said Ron under his breath. "Make sure you beat him in every test, Rosie. Thank God you've inherited your mother's brains"

"Ron, for heaven's sake" Hermione said, "Don't try to turn them against each other before they've even started school!"

Seriously, that man was something else! Turning the kids against the other houses before they even started school! If she really were his wife, which she deemed impossible, she would have kicked his ass for that!

Another image flooded into her brain.

"Why are all staring?" demanded Albus, as he and Rose craned to look at the other students.

"Don't let it worry you" said Ron. "It's me, I'm extremely famous"

Hermione snorted loudly. Ron, famous? For his terrible jokes and eating habits, maybe…she rolled her eyes, as she stumbled again, this time however she managed to keep her balance.

A shiny point on the horizon was swiftly nearing her and she frowned, wondering what that was. Before she had a way to figure it out, a silver stag was standing in front of her.

Recognizing it as Harry's Patronus, she patted it on the head.

"Do you have a message for me or something?" she asked, giggling. The stag was really cute, and she had to admit it was so Harryish.

Observing the stag closely, she finally understood.

"You want me to mount you?" she asked, and the stag nodded.

"Very well then" she said, carefully mounting the silvery form. As it was speeding away with her on its back, one last flash went through her mind.

All was well.

"Yes, now it is" she thought, smiling as she let the Patronus bring her away from that hell.

-->