Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. If I did, Harmonians would be celebrating right now…

A/N: My take on the challenge by Detritus, that you can find here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26205 Basically, an HP/POTC crossover, I hope I can pull it off nicely! *laughs* Well, anyhow, if you read, please review and let me know what you think of the story! This is my first crossover so I need some kind of input on how I'm doing!

In this chapter there will be parts from HBP that I thought would be good as Hermione's hallucinations, so I will take them directly from the book. It will be like those moments never really happened, and she is imagining them, if not for one, that she actually remembers, but it gives her a different reaction from what's in canon. I'm sure you'll be able to guess which one it is. ;)

Harry Potter and Davy Jones' Locker

Chapter Three: Davy Jones' Locker, Part I

Hermione woke up, still a bit dizzy for the stunner, in a dark sort of cave.

Immediately, the horrible smell caught her nose, and she had to muster all her willpower not to vomit right there. Not that it would have made much difference, after all.

"Where the Hell am I?" she wondered, feeling for her wand, and finding she didn't have it.

"The last thing I remember was that I was studying near the lake with Ginny…" she reasoned, trying to find an explanation to her current situation.

Moving slightly from the spot she was seated on, she found the "walls" of her prison to be soft, almost flesh-like. And, she could hear a sound like waves coming from outside.

"The sea?" she whispered, dumbfounded. "How have I arrived to the sea?"

She didn't have much time to wonder about that though, because suddenly she could feel the "walls" around her tense, and a moment later she found herself in the salty water. Sputtering out what she had inhaled, she turned and caught a glimpse of a retreating sea creature.

From her point of view, it seemed like a whale for its size. And yet, she could notice tentacles like those of an octopus.

"I was inside that…thing?" she wondered for a moment, before starting to swim toward the shore she could see not too afar.

Luckily, her parents had often brought her to the seaside when she was a little girl so she had not problem swimming. As she finally touched the white sand of the beach, she lay there for some time, resting.

After all, she must have swum for at least half a mile. Regaining her breath, she suddenly understood why she was there. Ginny must have done something to bring her away from Hogwarts, and out of Harry's life.

"Oh, Ginny…what have you done?" she whimpered, then finally standing up she decided it was not the time to cry over herself. First of all she needed to find something to eat, and then wait for some ship to bring her back to the civilized world.

As she walked toward the center of the island, she could see the landscape changing from a beach to a salty desert. However, her mind was already subject to the effects of Davy Jones' Locker, so she didn't pay attention to that change.

She could focus only on what was going through her mind, and she reacted in a very un-Hermione manner to it

"Slug Club" repeated Ron with a sneer worthy of Malfoy. "It's pathetic. Well, I hope you enjoy your party. Why don't you try getting off with McLaggen, then Slughorn can make you King and Queen slug…"

"We're allowed to bring guests" Hermione said to the empty, dry desert, just like Ron was in front of her, "and I was going to ask you to come, but if you think it's that stupid then I won't bother!"

Harry suddenly wished the pod had flown a little further, so that he need not have been sitting there with the pair of them. Unnoticed by either, he seized the bowl that contained the pod and began to try and open it by the noisiest and most energetic means he could think of; unfortunately, he could still hear every word of their conversation.

"You were going to ask me?" asked Ron, in a completely different voice.

"Yes" Hermione said, again to no one, angrily. "But obviously if you'd rather I got off with McLaggen…"

As she was speaking, Hermione was walking, swaggering a bit, the hot sun over her and nowhere to hide in some shadow and get a bit of cool. But she didn't care, it was like she was completely in another world.

Harry looked into the corner she was indicating. There, in full view of the whole room, stood Ron wrapped so closely around Lavender Brown it was hard to tell whose hands were whose.

"It looks like he's eating her face, doesn't it?" said Ginny dispassionately. "But I suppose he's got to refine his technique somehow. Good game, Harry"

She patted him on the arm; Harry felt a swooping sensation in his stomach, but then she walked off to help herself to more Butterbeer. Crookshanks trotted after her, his yellow eyes fixed upon Arnold.

Harry turned away from Ron, who did not look like surfacing soon, just in time to see the portrait hole closing. With a sinking feeling he thought he saw a mane of bushy brown hair whipping out of sight.

He darted forward, sidestepped Romilda Vane again, and pushed open the portrait of the Fat Lady. The corridor outside seemed to be deserted.

"Hermione?"

He found her in the first unlocked classroom he tried. She was sitting on the teacher's desk, alone except for a small ring of yellow birds circling her head, which she had just conjured up out of midair.. Harry could not help admiring her spellwork at a time like this.

"Oh, hello Harry" Hermione said, imagining the raven haired boy in front of her. "I was just practising"

"Yeah…they're…er…really good…" said Harry.

He had no idea what to say to her.

"Ron seems to be enjoying the celebrations" Hermione said.

"Does he?" said Harry

"Don't pretend you didn't see him" Hermione said, "He wasn't exactly hiding, was…"

The door behind them burst open. To Harry's horror, Ron came in, laughing, pulling Lavender by the hand.

"Oh" he said, drawing up short at the sight of Harry and Hermione.

"Oops" said Lavender, and she backed out of the room, giggling. The door swung shut behind her.

Hermione moved like she was going to leave the imaginary room she thought she was in, sliding down from the desk she had imagined she was sitting.

"You shouldn't leave Lavender waiting outside" she said quietly. "She'll wonder where you've gone"

She walked, still with a bit of a swagger, and then moved like she was opening a door.

"Oppugno!" she the shrieked, mimicking a spell, but she had no wand. It was meant to send the imaginary birds she had thought she had conjured toward the imaginary Ron from the scene she was living in her head. Then, she tripped and fell to the ground, a giggle escaping her lips, as she closed her eyes.

Another hallucination came to her mind.

"I love you, Hermione" said Ron, sinking back in his chair, rubbing his eyes wearily.

Hermione imagined she was blushing. "Don't let Lavender hear you saying that"

"I won't" Ron said into his hands. "Or maybe I will…then she'll ditch me…"

Hermione sighed. She felt confused, like someone was planting into her brain thoughts and images that didn't belong to her.

But she couldn't dwell on the matter because another image assaulted her, completely involving her in the setting.

Harry looked around; there was Ginny running towards him; she had a hard, blazing look in he face as she threw her arms around him. And without thinking, without planning it, without worrying about the fact that fifty people were watching, Harry kissed her.

After several long moments, or it might have been half an hour, or possibly several sunlit days, they broke apart. The room had gone very quiet. Then several people wolf-whistled, and there was an outbreak of nervous giggling. Harry looked over the top of Ginny's head to see Dean Thomas holding shattered glass in his hand and Romilda Vane looking as thought she might throw something.

Hermione found herself scowling, even if the hallucination required for her to beam.

Harry's eyes sought Ron. At last he found him, still clutching the cup and wearing an expression appropriate to having been clubbed over the head. For a fraction of a second they looked at each other, then Ron gave a tiny jerk of the head that Harry understood to mean, "Well, if you must…"

Suddenly Hermione jerked, taking a long gulp of hot air into her lungs. "Harry!" she screamed as tears came to her eyes.

-->