Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Snogging Chronicles by usako99
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Snogging Chronicles

usako99

The Snogging Chronicles

Lesson One: Snogging for Dummies

Dear Diary,

Let's see, where did I leave off… oh yeah, Harry agreed to my marvelously mental plan. You know, I can't blame him really, I am usually the one with the bright ideas. How was he supposed to know that my light went out on this particular occasion? *sigh* Well anyway, after getting his compliance, we agreed to meet the next night in the Room of Requirement to have our first lesson. After wishing him goodnight I quickly rushed up to my dorm, tiptoeing through the room I made it to the trunk at the foot of my bed and pulled out my reference book.

Okay, you caught me… I don't really have a snogging reference book, who does? Well, besides Lavender Brown -the twit. But eh, what I did have was close enough. I flipped over the tiny soft covered novel called `A Torrid Affair' and lit the tip of my wand to read the summary on the back.

Gideon Blackheart was a hard working gentleman of the ton who had a horribly tense relationship with his estranged father, the Earl of Harcastle. When things began to go horribly wrong at his father's estate the old Earl's caretaker, Elisa McDonald, contacts Gideon to look after his father. When he arrives, he finds the house in utter chaos and his father as unbearable as ever. In fact, he would have turned and walked right back out the door if it weren't for the pair of crystalline blue eyes that held his mind captive and the soft lips that set his soul aflame. He could have forgotten his father, the old man had never done anything for him, but he could never forget -her….

I sighed, did this one have good snogging scenes or not? I couldn't remember, I hadn't read it in a while. Going back into my trunk I rummaged around quietly, so that I wouldn't awaken my roommates. And after a few minutes I had managed to retrieve nine more novels from the bottom of the cramped chest and spread them out on my bed to review.

That's right, now you know my secret. Textbooks aren't the only type of books I have a fascination with. It's kind of depressing really, but this is it, the extent of my love life. That's right beloved diary, I lied to Harry earlier when I said that I had kissing experience. Sure I had gotten a peck from Viktor but that was on the cheek… so I'm pretty sure that it doesn't count. After selecting the books I wanted to use for reference I quickly put them in order of interest and sat back against my pillows to get to work.

*****************

`Okay,' I thought, `Harry should be here any minute. I could do this… after all I had read up on it.'

I finished with a confident smile that wavered a bit when something occurred to me. Just how many lessons were we going to have? I tapped my chin thoughtfully before grinning once more. I know exactly what I need -I need a list! Turning and grabbing a piece of parchment and a quill out of my bag I placed it on the table in front of me and began to write.

Lesson One:

Basic Kissing- pecks, longer kisses, gazing…

`Hmm, what else can I add?' I deliberated tapping my chin thoughtfully with my quill.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked, giving me a start.

Blushing I threw him an annoyed glance, "I'm working."

The couch depressed a bit as he took a set next to me; I gave a soft `tut' as he threw his bag haphazardly on the floor.

"Harry you really should take better care of your things." I reprimanded, he grunted in response. Leaning forward a bit Harry took a peak at my parchment.

"You're making a lesson plan!" he exclaimed with an incredulous look.

I gave him my most patient one in return "Of course -why wouldn't I?"

"I… w…" he sighed and shook his head "I don't know about this Hermione."

"Don't tell me you're chickening out on me already," I responded going back to my list.

"I'm not chickening out," Harry grumbled.

"Then let me guess," I continued with a teasing grin "you practiced all night on your pillow and no longer need my help."

The dark haired boy glowered "I did not spend last night making out with my pillow."

My quill froze over the parchment as I threw him an exasperated look "Harry do you want to learn to kiss or not?"

"Well…ye-yeah, it's just…" he exhaled, "Ginny and Dean got back together today."

I sighed, "I know Harry, but it won't last."

"But what if it does?"

"It won't."

"But what if it does?"

"I see your point, after all most fifth year romances do end in marriage," I snorted.

"Hermione."

"What? Look things aren't going to work out between them, trust me," I sighed. "And when they don't you need to be ready. You do still want to learn how to don't you?"

"Yes, but…" I arched a brow and he sighed, "never mind. What do we do first?"

Biting my lip I looked back down at the parchment reflectively before turning to my best mate once more.

"Okay, I think first we should practice gazing."

His brows furrowed "Gazing?"

"Yes, it's what leads up to the kiss."

"I thought we were just covering the kissing," Harry commented with a frown.

I rolled my eyes, boys. "Look Harry, the easiest thing would be to cover everything." I said aloud in my most placating tone. "That way you know not only how to kiss her but how to go about getting her to want to kiss you… That does make sense right?"

"Yeah…" he ran a hand though his hair.

"Okay, so let's start."

"What do I do?"

"I…er, well… you look at me -you know, like you want to kiss me and stuff."

"Oh…"

Taking a deep breath I ran my fingers through my hair before looking at Harry and giving him my sexiest look. As I flirtatiously batted my lashes, you'll never guess what he did beloved diary… that's right, he laughed -the prat.

"Hey!"

"Wh-what w-w-was that supposed to be?" he asked between chuckles.

I glowered, "It was my `kiss me' look you prat." I responded, slapping him sharply on the shoulder when he laughed harder at my answer. "It's not funny! Besides, it was better than the `Duh' look you were wearing!"

Harry gave a grin, his green eyes twinkled merrily, "Are you sure?"

"You know what, forget it!" I answered grabbing my things. "I try to help and this is the thanks that I get, no respect I tell you, no job well done, no appreciation. I might as well have-"

"Wait, Hermione please." Harry said grabbing my hands in an attempt to halt my furious packing. "Don't go. I'm sorry, I'll take it seriously I swear. I just… I didn't know what to expect, you took me off guard that's all."

I frowned in response, fully intending to tell him to `forget it' but then he hit me with it… yep, full on puppy dog eyes with trembling lip action. I sighed and shook my head, I really needed to learn to say `no' to Harry one of these days. I had no problem saying it to Ron -or anyone for that matter. But for some reason Harry…

"Fine," I sighed, when he grinned I jabbed him in the shoulder with my finger. "But anymore laughing and I'm out of here, capisce?"

He nodded in response and then smiled "Capisce, so gazing?"

I shook my head, "No, I've had enough gazing for one day. Kiss me."

"What?!"

"You heard me, let's see where you're at. Kiss me."

"I…uhh… right now?"

I rolled my eyes "No during Potions -yes right now you git. Kiss me."

He blushed, "Right…"

Harry took a deep breath and leaned forward, just as his lips were about to touch mine I put a hand on his chest.

"What?" he asked pulling back with a confused look.

"Okay, two things. First, don't stare at the girl the whole way up to her lips -it's just creepy and no sane person would like it. Second…" I went into my bag and pulled out a small tin. Reaching in, I grabbed two of the items, handing one to Harry and keeping the other for myself. "Take this."

"A mint?" He asked before huffing into his hand and smelling his breath. "I don't smell anything bad, is my breath rank?"

Giving a small hitch of the shoulders I popped the other mint into my mouth "I dunno, I just figured it was better to be safe than sorry." I pulled a face. "After all, I did see what you and Ron had for lunch today -eww, by the way."

"What's wrong with chicken, potatoes and pie?" he inquired with a frown.

"Nothing separate but steak and kidney pie mixed with apple pie is just disgusting. Not to mention the garlic bread," I shuddered.

Harry made a face "Oi! It was Ron who mixed the pies!"

"Yeah, but you tasted it."

"One bite."

"That's enough," I smirked.

"Fine," Harry grumbled, popping the mint into his mouth.

"Okay, now we're ready."

"Are you sure this time?"

"Yes."

"Fine," Harry muttered before moving towards me once more.

As he got closer he closed his eyes and I found myself doing the same. A moment later his lips lightly grazed… my nose. I burst into laughter.

"You missed," I commented with a teasing grin.

"I know," he replied throwing me a harassed look. "I wouldn't have if you would let me bloody well watch where I'm going."

I sniggered, "Maybe you do need lessons."

"Hermione."

"Okay, okay, tell you what. Why don't you cup my face?"

"What?"

I rolled my eyes… again. "Here, you take your hands and place them on either side of my face, like this." I picked up his hands and placed them on my cheeks. "Now when you kiss me, just aim for the area between the base of your thumbs."

Harry frowned but nodded. "Okay…"

This time when he moved forward he successfully found my lips; placing a small peck on them he was gone before I knew it. Opening my eyes I saw Harry watching me anxiously, his face was as a bright red.

"Uh… that was…" he rose his brows expectantly, "nice, Harry. Very… sweet."

He frowned again, "Is that good or bad?"

"Well… it's not, bad…"

Harry groaned and planted his head in his hands.

"Now don't overreact, Harry. You just need to do it longer," he gave me a questioning look. "The kiss, it was much too short. By the time I had processed that you had even kissed me you were already pulling away. This time come forward and press your lips to mine for a longer amount of time."

"Oh… okay, well…er, how long?"

"I…uh, twent- no thirty seconds…"

That sounded right.

"I'll count," I finished quickly.

He gave a nod before hesitantly cupping my face once more, as he came forward my lashes fluttered closed of their own accord. Before our lips touched Harry paused again…

"Are you ready?" he asked as his warm minty breath tickled my nostrils.

"Um-hum."

A second later his lips descended on my own… it was -surprising to say the least. His lips were soft and warm and I found my heart racing all of a sudden. My hands found their way to his waist and my fingers lightly caressed his stomach, Harry titled his head slightly pressing his mouth more firmly against my own and I found myself unable to process thought.

`I'm supposed be…what was I supposed to be doing? I know it was something…. Mmmmm this is nice. No-no I was supposed to be doing something… counting! I was supposed to be counting! Counting to what?…'

When one of Harry's hands left my cheek and cupped the base of my neck, I found my own hands going instinctively to his dark locks. His hair was so soft… I had never thought it would be this soft…just like his lips…. Counting! I quickly pulled back breathing heavily opening my eyes and my gaze connected with Harry's clouded one.

"Was that thirty seconds?" he asked distractedly, when his eyes flicked to my lips I shuddered.

"Ye-yeah I think so," I murmured in response.

His brows furrowed, "It didn't feel like it."

I blushed -great he knew I had lost count. "Really?" I questioned shrilly.

"Yeah, it felt shorter…" he gave me a confused look and I quickly pulled away.

As I did so, Harry's hands fell away from my face and neck and I suddenly felt colder. I didn't like that feeling. Running a hand through my hair, I took a shaky breath and offered an unsteady smile.

"Okay, well… I guess that's it for today's lesson -I'll -I have to go… study, that is. So, I'll see you… and then… yeah -so…" I stuttered while grabbing my things and feeling like an idiot at the same time. Hey look at it this way, at least my ability to multi-task was back.

"Yeah -yeah, me too," Harry responded running a hand threw his own dark tresses.

My mind instantly recalled how soft those strands were beneath my own heated fingertips. Merlin, I had to get out of here. Snatching my wand off of the table I quickly made my way to the door, as I placed my hand on the knob Harry called out to me.

"Hermione?" I turned. "When… you know, when's the next lesson?" He quizzed, still facing the dancing flames of the fireplace.

My mind grappled for an answer, sure this was my bright idea but I couldn't keep this up. Harry was my mate, my best mate and when we kissed it felt so… so… I shook my head. I couldn't do this again, I had to tell him -maybe I can just offer him the advice without the actual kissing. I fiddled with the strap of my bag as I tried to think of a way to tell Harry that this was it -that it was just way to bloody weird to kiss him and it just made me… well, I didn't like…

"Hermione?" he questioned once more; I looked up to see his worried emerald gaze was on my face. "Did you want… well, you know -to stop?"

`Did I want to stop! Hell yes I wanted to stop!' I thought and opened my mouth to tell him just that. However…

"Of course not," is what came out of the ruddy thing. "Tomorrow's too busy, what do you say Thursday after classes and stuff? I believe Ron has detention so we won't have to worry about him wondering what's going on."

He licked his glorious lips and nodded. Wait -glorious… I needed to get out of here. Nodding back in indication that I had understood his agreement, I quickly turned and grabbed the knob, rushing out of the door and in search of my sanity.

A.N. Okay that's it, on to the next chappy! Yay!!… right? Please Review and let me know!

-->