Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Snogging Chronicles by usako99
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Snogging Chronicles

usako99

The Snogging Chronicles

Lesson Two: Parlez-vous le français?

Dear Diary,

Okay, I know what you're thinking… after all you are my diary. But after some careful consideration, and research, I've decided that my kissing lessons idea was not as barmy as I had thought. You see I went to the library and looked up a few books on human social behavior and what I experienced with Harry was perfectly normal. Since we are both pubescent teens we're bound to feel a slight connection when kissing. The connection is not in anyway emotional but more physical due to our heightened hormones and youthful urges. Therefore, after more investigation and tireless research, I was able to locate a book that discusses and details how to control such urges. After reviewing the text completely and practicing the provided exercises, I know I'm ready.

How did I practice? Well that's simple, you see… *blush* I realize I haven't discussed this in a while diary but I know you remember about my -slight attraction to a certain red haired bloke who shall remain nameless. Well, earlier today at breakfast we had a -difference of opinion… okay, a disagreement… fine it was a bloody argument. The git felt the need to express his (never well thought out) ideas on women again and as an informed, intelligent member of my sex it was my duty to point out what an idiot he was. Well anyway -as I as saying, we were going back and forth on our views and he was motioning wildly with a piece of toast as he attempted to explain one of his half-cocked notions, when several crumbs fell from the half eaten item and littered his robes. That was when I saw my chance. Reaching forward I lightly brushed the front of the dark garment knocking the stray crumbs away and having a go at my theory all in the same instant.

You see normally when I touch -him, I get the most delicious and odd tingle in the area that made contact. However today my fingers were completely tingle free, so you see that's it! It works! I mean, I haven't' been able to even brush Ro…er, him in passing without that prickling feeling in over a year, but today -nothing, nada, zilch. All of my hard work and practice had paid off. Not only did I not shiver, then blush and stumble like an idiot as usual, but since I was thinking clearly I noticed, for the first time that he reacted the same way I normally do. *grin* It was actually kind of funny diary, the way he turned a dull red and completely lost his train of thought (not that it contained anything anyway). Actually I ended up feeling a bit bad because I laughed, it was just so weird I couldn't help it. How could I have not noticed?

Still chuckling I looked across the table at Harry for the first time since I had sat down. He was smiling too. We made eye contact… and that bloody tingling returned. However diary, it's no cause for alarm. You see, chapter twenty-two of `Know Your Body: Know Yourself'' says that it's perfectly normal to experience those types of things after a brief encounter. Harry and I had never truly received any closure on the subject was all, and since our first lesson we hadn't really seen each other much. With him busy with Quidditch and me busy with research. No big deal, I'll take care of that today...

**************************

`Okay,' I thought to myself as I fluffed the pillows in the Room of Requirement. `Harry should be here soon.'

Giving a small nod I reached into my bag, setting several texts onto the coffee table. I finally located what I was looking for close to the bottom in a far corner. Pulling out the small square of parchment I unfolded it and reviewed its contents…

Lesson One:

Basic Kissing- pecks, longer kisses, gazing.

Lesson Two:

Intermediate Kissing- deeper kisses, French kissing…

I gave a small frown as I tried to decide if perhaps we would actually finish up today before giving a light shake of the head. Nah- Harry almost had a bleeding heart attack with basic pecks. We should defiantly take it slow… besides, I'm not really sure what comes next, would today be our last session or was there more to learn? I got sidetracked with the hormonal issues thing, totally not my fault I don't know already.

Looking at my watch I realized I had several minutes yet before Harry would make an appearance. Taking a seat on the couch I picked up my Potions book and began to review for next month's class. Just as I reached chapter thirty-two, the door to the room opened and a flushed looking Harry slipped in.

"Sorry I'm late Hermione," he said coming forward and flopping down onto the couch next to me. "The reserve Keepers a bloody git. Honestly I swear the guy doesn't know the first thing about Quidditch -least of all how to play."

"Then why did you let him on the team?" I quizzed, frowning.

Harry groaned. "Well tryouts weren't that great this year, so pickings were pretty slim. Believe it or not he was still better than the other bloke that tried out." He threw me a harassed look, "How can you expect to be a good Keeper when you stop fix your hair every time the wind blows? That doesn't even make any bleedin' sense! I mean you're on a broom, in the air… flying!" he finished with a wide sweeping motion and a scowl.

I chuckled, "So then the other guy got the job because he didn't care about his hair?"

He shrugged and gave a lopsided smile. "Well there's that and the fact that I made Ron promise never to miss a game," he arched a brow, "ever."

I laughed in response, "Is that even possible?"

"Of course it is, we only have four," Harry replied easily.

I grinned, "Too bad you don't have a Snape clause."

He made a pained expression. "I know, he knew we had practice today that's why he picked it for Ron's detention -the prat. Normally he would have made Ron serve it immediately."

I nodded in agreement before moving forward and setting my book on the dark table. "Well, if anyone asks say practice was great. That way Snape won't know how much his ploy worked."

Harry nodded and ran another hand though his hair, "I'll give it a go, and pray that no one saw us, because if they did-"

"I'm sure that you're fine Harry."

"I don't know, you know those gits from Slytherin are always hanging about, trying to start trouble."

"True, but you had a closed pitch. Besides you know as well as I do they can't keep their smarmy mouths shut. So if they were there they would have kicked off as soon as you left the pitch."

"True…" he sighed, "I guess it'll work out."

"That's what I've been saying."

"I know, you're right."

I snorted "Of course I am, you know you and Ron both could save yourselves a lot of time if you would just remember that."

Harry threw me a look "You're not always right."

"More often than not," I shrugged, placing my book into my bag. "Okay, onto what we're here for."

He chewed nervously on his bottom lip.

"Oh come on Harry, last time wasn't that bad was it?" I teased, though my heart was beating madly in my chest as I awaited his response.

He looked at me thought long lashes. "No," he whispered.

"No it wasn't that bad?"

Harry looked down and licked his lips, looking up at me once more, "No… it wasn't -actually it was reall- uhh, it was, good." He answered before chewing on his lip once more.

I gave a, somewhat, confident smile before reaching forward and lightly tugging his bottom lip free. When his startled gaze flew to mine I tired my hardest to ignore the way my heart beat doubled, along with the tingle in the thumb I had resting on his bottom lip. Or the way it traveled relentlessly though my body and all the way down to my toes. Pulling away I fought a blush, willing myself to regain control I took several deep breaths like the book said. In, out, in, out, deep, deep, shallow, shallow, in, out, in-

"Hermione?" Harry questioned softly, "Are you okay?"

"Of course," I responded quickly, wincing at the nervous hitch in my voice.

As I turned to face him once more, I instantly took note of his dubious expression and quickly schooled my features into a nonchalant façade.

"So you ready for today's lesson?" I questioned, thanking Merlin when my voice came out as confidently as I was trying to act.

Harry opened his mouth as if he were going to argue, before closing it and nodding in agreement.

"Okay, on to lesson two then."

"Which is?"

I grinned, "Parlez-vous le français?"

"What?" Harry asked, his brows furrowing.

"Do you speak French?" I sighed -sometimes he was so dense.

He arched a brow. "Obviously not."

`Prat,' I thought.

"That's our lesson," I commented aloud.

"Speaking French?"

"No, French kissing you dolt."

When he frowned and gave a confused look, I sighed.

"You really have had a sheltered life haven't you?" Now he gave an annoyed look. "It's kissing with tongues."

"What?!"

"Harry you mean to tell me you've never heard of kissing with tongues?" I asked incredulously.

I mean, sure my…er, male interaction, was limited but even I knew that boys talked -well boasted, bragged and strutted was more like it. But I digress. Whatever it was referred to, I know that Harry had heard it before. So he has to know about French kissing, especially since Ron's dating that twit Lavender Brown and Merlin knows they spent most of their time with their tongues down one another's throats.

Harry gave me a disgruntled look "Of course I've heard of it, but most people just refer to it as snogging."

"Oh… then why did you scream `What!'?" I inquired with a confused look.

"Well… I -well, I mean, I just didn't realize that we would be…" he trailed off blushing.

"Of course we would be, these are snogging lessons, so it stands to reason we would snog during them."

"Right," he muttered as his blush deepened.

"Okay, well, first things first," I reached into my robe and pulled out my tin of mints.

"Of course," Harry chuckled, accepting the tiny candy and popping it into his mouth.

Taking a deep breath I faced him and then positioned him so that he was fully facing me.

When I gave him and expectant look, he moved forward, then stopped. "Uh… how are we supposed to breathe?"

"Oh, really Harry… through your nose -duh."

"Right…" Harry said blushing. He moved forward then stopped… again. "So…er, how exactly do we do this?" he asked frowning. "I mean, I don't just -you know, put my tongue in there, do I?"

"Not bloody well likely," I snorted; he gave me a somewhat surprised look. "What?"

"Nothing, just didn't realize you talked like that."

"Oh come on Harry, it's not even a swear word."

"It is for you."

"Is not, look I'm not some bloody martyr."

His eyes twinkled with amusement. "Really? That's funny you usually act like you're one."

"I do not!"

"Ha! That's bullocks and you know it, you spend most of you day telling everyone else what they should be doing."

"That's not a martyr -and I do not!"

"Whatever -and yes you do," when I glared, he huffed and shook his head. "Fine, well at least admit you do it with Ron and I."

I frowned, "No I don't."

"Really? What about the schedules that you made for us last term?"

"Those were to help you out, purely for your benefit."

"Yeah? What about the sticking charm you placed on them so that we couldn't throw them away?"

"You shouldn't have been trying to throw them away anyway," I frowned.

"Why not? They were for us so we could do what we wanted to with them, besides we already had the schedules McGonagall gave us at the start of term, we didn't need another one."

"Professor McGonagall's only covered your classes-"

"While yours covered our lives?"

"Well… no… I mean -yes but in a helpful way, and not your whole lives-"

He snorted, "Just one term of them?" he smirked. "Face it, if we wouldn't have complained you would have had schedules for us this term too and you know it."

"I was just trying to help you guys out-"

"By planning our whole term for us?!"

I gave a frustrated groan. "It was just my way-"

"Of running our lives?"

"No, you git. Of helping you out, see if I take time out of my busy schedule to do something like that again for either of you. You don't appreciate all that I do, you guys never take into consideration how I feel or how much of my time was-"

"Okay, okay," Harry interrupted holding up his hands. "I never realized how much you suffered," I threw him an annoyed look and he grinned. "Then again, `tis the life of a martyr…"

"Zip it you," I replied, giving his leg a small push and smiling despite myself. "We are supposed to be doing lessons Harry, yet it's been twenty minutes and all you've done is tease me."

"Oi! You did your fair amount too you know!"

I gave a dismissive wave. "Yeah, yeah. Okay here's how this is going to work. We'll start with what you learned in lesson one, you remember right?" He blushed and nodded. "Good, then… uh, you'll move your lips against mine."

"Move my lips?"

"Yes."

"Uh… just how does one, move one's lips?"

I rolled my eyes, "Like this." Completely on impulse, I surged forward and pressed my lips to Harry's. After a moment I shifted my head turning my mouth slightly against his own and moved my lips several times in a movement that could be described as similar to puckering them in slow motion. Several seconds later, as I pulled from his soft mouth, I spontaneously caught his bottom lip between my teeth and gave a small tug along the way.

"Okay," he breathed looking at me with a somewhat dazed expression on his face that I know was probably mirrored on my own. "That answers that…"

I gave a shaky nod and returned to my seat. "Well… are you ready?" I inquired in a winded voice.

Harry gave a short nod before leaning forward. His mouth pressed against mine, hesitantly at first before applying a bit more pressure. As his hands cupped my face and then made their way into my hair, he tilted his head slightly and repeated the movements that I had shown him moments earlier. At first his actions were shaky and unsure, but after a minute he seemed to gain confidence and his lips began to move skillfully against my own. Much, much too soon his mouth pulled away from mine and he looked at me with smoky eyes.

"How was that?" he asked in a breathless tone.

"G-great, I…you d-did well," I stumbled.

"So what next?" Harry inquired, his eyes dipped to my lips and I shuddered in his arms.

"Well…" I took a steadying breath, belatedly realizing that I was still clutching the front of his robes. "Next, you…"

`Shite! What came next?… Think Hermione, think…' my mind screamed as I struggled to quickly recall the passage from my reference book. `I think it was something along the lines of `Emma moaned as Wulfric's tongue gently probed the entrance of her mouth…' -that'll have to do.'

"You kiss me and when you feel your ready, you gently probe the entrance of my mouth with your tongue and if you're doing a good job I'll open for you and…er, you… you know, go in."

Harry's foggy look cleared somewhat as he frowned. "That's what I said earlier -I just stick my tongue in."

I gave an annoyed look, "No you `gently probe', if you just try to stick your tongue in, so help me Harry Potter…"

He shook his head giving a resigned sigh. "Fine Hermione Granger, I will…" he rolled his eyes and muttered, "gently probe."

"Good," I grinned. "Well… go on then, kiss me."

Harry pulled a face, but before I could comment, his warm lips were on mine once more and whatever I was about to say got lost along with the rest of my coherent thought. He moved a lot more confidently now, his lips gently kneading and massaging my own, as I tentatively placed my arms around his neck he began to slowly nibble at my bottom lip. Merlin, where did he learn that? A moment later his tongue lightly grazed my lower lip, without a second thought -or a first one for that matter- I opened my mouth to him and my tongue came out to meet his half way. As we played a dangerously sensual dueling match against one another, my hands buried themselves in his dark soft hair, while his own were rubbing the base of my back and holding my waist. I sighed softly into his warm, minty mouth as his tongue lightly licked my own, I responded by catching the amorous appendage in my mouth and gently suckling it. And was duly rewarded by a rich soft moan from the boy in my arms. A sound that was so innocent yet erotic, I felt myself melting, turning into honey in his arms -doing everything that my book told me I would be able to prevent.

Using all of my willpower, I withdrew my fingers from his hair and untwined my arms from around his neck. Placing my hands against his chest… Mmmm, it was a nice chest. I could even feel a hint of muscle under his heavy robes. My mutinous hands began to caress his male form as his tongue skillfully enticed my own back into his warm waiting mouth. When he lightly grazed it with his teeth, I shivered as the melting sensation fast approached once more.

Grasping desperately at my senses I pushed against his firm chest, forcing enough space between us to remove Harry's lips from my own. For several moments we just sat there, gasping for air and staring heatedly at one another. He licked his lips and subconsciously my gaze flicked to them, when I looked back up his emerald eyes were watching me with a look that could only be described as hungry. Nervously clearing my throat I quickly looked away.

"S-so…" I cleared by throat once more, "looks like you… have that down. Yep… defiantly, have that down… down to a `T'…"

"Looks like it," he responded in a voice seemingly laced with humor. Looking back at him, my suspicions were confirmed as I noticed that the previous look in his eyes had been replaced with laughter.

Finding the mood infectious I chuckled lightly, feeling my body began to relax. "I'm glad you feel confident."

He grinned. "Yeah… so…" his smile faded as he chewed on his lip once more, "is there another lesson or was -you know, was that it?"

"Well…" I trailed off, frowning lightly.

Technically we had covered kissing, and I could defiantly attest to the fact that he had that down brilliantly. I had planned on practicing this a bit more, since Harry typically wasn't very adept to learning things quickly. I smiled softly, looks like I found something besides Defense Against Dark Arts and Quidditch that Harry was a fast learner at. So I guess this was it -we were done, no more snogging lessons.

"Well?" Harry prompted after a minute when I still hadn't replied.

"Well," I looked at him once more; his beautiful emerald eyes watched me curiously, anxiously, obscured lightly by his unruly locks. His soft unruly locks… my hands itched to run though them once more. "I'll see you this time next week for your next lesson -Ron's bound to either get detention again or have snogging plans with Lavender, so when we find out which is going on when then we'll meet here for the next session."

Harry gave a wide grin. "Great… so… did you want me to let you know if Ron says anything about plans with Lavender?"

"That would be great and I'll make our plan from there and let you know the details and such."

Harry gave a nod, "Sounds good… so… did you want to walk back to the tower together?"

"I…actually, I was going to do a bit more studying here. I'll meet you there later, okay?"

He gave another nod and stood grabbing his bag off of the floor where he had once again thrown it. I reached into my bag, willing my hands to be steady as I withdrew my Potions book once more. After a moment I noticed Harry was still standing there, glancing up from the text I gave him a curious look.

"Is something wrong?"

"I…uh, no," he replied. "I-just, wanted to say bye… so… well, bye."

I chuckled, "Bye."

Harry gave a small nod before coming forward, my breath hitched in my throat as his lips neared and lightly grazed mine. Before I could respond the door had closed with a soft `click' and he was gone. Touching my tingling lips I stared dazedly at the exit to the room before turning my unfocused gaze down to my text.

That was…. nice- no, unsettling… Groaning I ran a hand though my hair and frowned at the flames of the fireplace. This was getting bloody confusing. As I sat there trying to decipher what was going on and how to get control over it, that's when it hit me -

Diary! What the bloody hell was I supposed to do for the next lesson?!

A.N. Well stay tuned and find out! Oh and don't forget to review Please!!! Let me know what you think of the story! Ja ne!

-->