Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Snogging Chronicles by usako99
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Snogging Chronicles

usako99

Snogging Chronicles

Lesson Four: A Helping Hand…

Dear diary,

Something quite odd happened today… at least I think it was odd, maybe I'm reading too much into it, maybe not. *sigh* You see, in the Great Hall and hallway, things got a bit -weird… no, that's not any better than odd, what's the right word? Oh, I don't know, tell you what why don't I just start from the beginning?

We were finishing up lunch in the Great Hall as usual. Ron was sitting to my right and Harry was to my left, while Ginny sat across from me with Dean and Neville flanking her at her left and right respectively.

----------

Ron and Neville were discussing the finer points of Wizards Chess -like there are any, while Ginny and Dean were providing a sickening display of feeding one another chips.

As Dean took a nip at Ginny's fingers then kissed them to make them better, the redhead giggled and I threw a concerned look to Harry. Who had his head down and instead of eating it, was pushing his sandwich around lightly on his plate.

"Are you okay?" I whispered throwing a glance to the couple across from us.

"What?" he looked up with a frown.

"I asked if you were okay," I replied studying his face, he seemed fine.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

Instead of commenting I just made a motion with my head indicating the flirting whispering couple sitting across from us.

"Oh… that," he murmured, frowning once more. "They're dating, it's bound to happen," he finished with a shrug.

"So it doesn't bother you?" I frowned.

Harry abruptly faced me and leaned forward a bit so that his warm breath tickled my lips. I flushed as I recalled the last time he had been that close.

"Do you want it to bother me?" he queried, his eyes searching my face.

"I…well…" I licked my lips, "it's just that, you know-"

I sighed in relief as Ron abruptly spoke from my right. "What are you guys doing later?"

Turning my head quickly, I gave him a curious look "I don't know, maybe studying, or going to visit Hagrid -why?"

He gave a shrug and picked up another chip. "I dunno, just wondering I guess."

"Do you have plans for tonight?" Harry inquired from the other side of me; I threw him a look but he seemed to avoid my gaze.

Ron frowned. "Maybe, I still have to talk to Lav and see what she wants to do."

"You mean you guys haven't made plans yet?" I asked while standing and gathering my things.

Ron popped several more chips into his mouth as he and Harry followed me out of the Great Hall. "Nope," he answered spraying crumbs everywhere.

"Gross Ron." "Disgusting." Harry and I commented in unison.

"Sorry," Ron smiled, wiping his mouth and then running his hand though his hair.

"You're going to have oil from the chips all through your hair for the rest of the day," I commented reproachfully as I took out my wand and did a small scouring spell on his hands and hair.

"Thanks Hermione," he replied with a smile; I smiled back.

"So," Harry stated cutting into my thoughts. "I'm surprised, you and Lavender hardly ever turn down a snogging lesson."

My eyes snapped to my dark haired mate but he once again avoided my gaze.

"True," Ron responded lightly, before throwing me a look. "Not that that's all that we do." I snorted. "Really, we study and stuff too… it's just not all the time." He gave a light sigh, "I'm a bit surprised that she hasn't said anything about wanting to do something tonight…" he frowned.

"Then why don't you say something?" Harry offered as we began to make our way towards Herbology. "Who knows, she might see it as romantic or something."

Ron considered it for a moment. "You think so?"

"Yeah," Harry answered picking at a piece of lint on his robe. "I'm sure she'd be really happy and maybe even a bit excited," he gave a grin that made my heart speed up.

Merlin he was hot! I quickly looked down at the ground as we rounded the corner, pretending to ignore the conversation between the two boys as I searched desperately for the reign on my hormones.

"I bet she would," the redhead replied before grinning. "Smashing Harry, you're a genius!"

Now that, I couldn't ignore. "He told you to ask your girlfriend to spend time together!" I exclaimed with an annoyed look.

"I know," Ron answered with a frown.

"And that was genius?"

"You don't think it was?"

"No I don't think it was genius, I think it was common bloody sense."

His red brows furrowed, "Since when do you say bloody?"

When Harry sniggered, I gave him a small shove, before halting and facing Ron.

"Honestly Ronald, how do you mange to keep a girlfriend when you don't know the first thing about how to treat one?"

"He seems to be managing fine to me," Harry quipped, moving to stand to my left.

"Quiet you!" I threw him a frown, but he was watching Ron. "Like I was saying," I continued, turning back to the red haired boy. "Don't just say `Hey Lavender, let's spend time together.' Come up with something special for you two to do." When he gave me a blank look I groaned. "For Merlin's sake Ronald, at least get her a gift or something."

"Brilliant!" he grinned, "That's a great idea, she'll want to snog for sure then!"

I frowned and Harry laughed.

"Is that all boys think about?"

The two of them shared a look before nodding enthusiastically.

"Gits," I grumbled then threw Ron an annoyed look, "well if you're going to snog a girl the least you could do is make sure your breath isn't so rank. For goodness sake Ronald, it smells like you've been eating puppies."

"Eating puppies?" both boys asked with raised brows.

I offered a light shrug, "It was the first thing that came to mind. Here Ron," reaching into my robes I pulled out my small tin of mints. Taking out one I handed it to the red haired boy.

"Thanks Hermione," he replied with a large smile.

I smiled in response then looked over at Harry. He was watching me with the strangest expression and his eyes held what looked to be a mixture of annoyance and…hurt? Before I could decipher it he looked away.

"Uh, Harry?" I asked. He looked at me once more his expression guarded. "Did you want a mint?"

The dark haired boy shook his head lightly "No thanks Hermione," he threw a look to Ron who was watching the exchange curiously, before looking back at me and arching a dark brow. "Maybe later…"

---------------------

And `maybe later' was right diary, Ron happily told us that evening that he had plans with Lavender tonight and we were on our own. Since Ron was still there, Harry and I decided to get together to "study" an hour or so after dinner. *frown* Did I read too much into that encounter? His close proximity at the table, his lack of eye contact when I was talking to Ron… what I thought I saw in his eyes when we finally did make contact? Oh, I don't know- but I guess I'm going to find out…

***********************

Lesson One:

Basic Kissing- pecks, longer kisses, gazing.

Lesson Two:

Intermediate Kissing- deeper kisses, French kissing.

Lesson Three:

Cont'd Intermediate Kissing: French kissing, necking, hand placement.

Lesson Four:

Advanced Kissing: French kissing, necking, touching…

I took a deep breath and reread the list for the fifth time. Alright, okay -I was really going to do this. After all I had shown Harry where not to put his hands before he knew the time was right, how could I do that and not show him what to do with them when that time came? That would just be plain rude. After all, as his instructor he is looking to me to advise him on the correct way of things… I mean, sure I don't know what I'm doing per se, but I'm a girl. It shouldn't be too hard for me to tell him what I, as a girl, like.

I gave a short nod of confidence. `I had this in the bag, no problem it was just a matter of simple instruction. And with my research to fall back on and `Urgent Urges' to help me out when this was over it, would be a piece of pie. After all, it didn't take me but a day…er, or two, to get back to being totally at ease with Harry after our last encounter. I mean, sure, I may have had a dream or two… or six, but as soon as I woke up and took a cold shower I was right as rain again. I could do this, I just had to approach it analytically, scientifically, methodically, erotically -okay, wrong word. I had to approach this in a professional direction, just like Harry said, it's a lesson plan. He's the student, I'm the teacher, and if there's anything I know how to do it's instruct someone on the proper way to do things.' Giving another nod, I placed my bag on the couch and stood and at that moment the door clicked and Harry walked in.

"Hey," he moved to toss his bag onto the floor then paused and threw me a look.

Giving a light shake of the head and a soft chuckle he sat the pack gently on the coffee table and took a seat.

"So what's today's lesson?" He quizzed, giving me a confused look when I removed my robes.

"Go on, take yours off also," I commented making a small shooing motion. "I don't have all night, we only have an hour or so before curfew."

Harry frowned and stood, slowly removing his robe. As he threw it across the back of the couch he slanted me another curious look. Taking a deep breath I faced him fully smiling slightly when he mimicked my actions.

"So, today I'm going to teach you how to…uh, touch a girl."

His frown deepened, "But you showed me that last time. Go zones and no zones, I remember."

I bit my lip and blushed averting my gaze, "True last time we covered `go and no', but today we're going to only cover `go'."

"What?"

"What I mean is… well, well there's not really going to be a `no' area in this lesson…" I winced slightly and gave him a hesitant look.

Harry stared at me with a pole axed expression. "Bu-but, but… yo-you said, that I, you know, that I couldn't touch well -er that, no touching that, that was the last lesson."

I sighed "Well that was because I hadn't given you permission, besides you need to be more gentle when grabbing… certain, parts of a girl."

He nodded slowly, "Uhhh, right… I guess. So, we start off with kissing and lead up?"

"Well not quite…"

My lips quirked as the color seemed to drain from his face. "Really?" he yelped; I chuckled.

"Yes really," I took a seat on the couch and patted the area next to me. Harry gave me another anxious look before tensely sitting down. "Okay, first give me your hand."

"My hand?"

"Yes Harry, your hand," he extended his hand towards me, palm up and I smiled. "Right," I grabbed his hand and turned it over "we're going to start simple. Put your hand on my thigh."

He gave a wary look to the short black skirt then back up to me "Your thigh?"

"Yes Harry, my thigh," I sighed.

Taking a deep breath he laid his hand lightly on top of my skirt, "Like this?"

"That's good, now rub it."

"Rub it?"

"You know if you're going to repeat everything I say this is going to take a really long time," I commented, arching a brow.

"Right," he blushed.

His hand skimmed back and forth over my skirt and I rolled my eyes. Placing my hand over his I applied more pressure "Like this Harry," I moved his hand in slow circular motions against my thigh and did my best to ignore the feelings the movement started to excite. "Okay, now I'm going to move my hand away. Just do what feels natural, rub, caress, squeeze," I held up a finger "-gently that is."

"Right," he muttered for like the tenth time.

As he continued to barely touch my thigh, I gave a small sigh and began to feel slightly frustrated, before an idea came to me. Reaching forward I placed my hands on his warm thighs. Harry's hand froze against my limb as I began to gently caress his thighs with both of my hands, rubbing back and forth and slightly kneading the strong muscles. He really had great thighs. `I guess both milk and Quidditch do a body good.' As my hands slowly began to work their ways up, Harry jumped and grabbed my wrist.

"I… uh, think I have it now."

"You sure?"

"Y-ye-yeah, yes," he answered lightly rubbing his forehead.

"Harry, is this too much for you?"

"No! I mean, no. Like I said, I've got it."

"Alright, well what do you say we move on then?"

He nodded and released a breath I hadn't even realized that he'd been holding.

"Okay, hold out your hand like you're telling someone to stop."

Harry gave me a curious look but did as instructed, when his hand was outstretched with his palm facing me. I placed my hand around his wrist and lead him to my left breast. Harry sucked in a sharp breath as his face turned a bright red.

"Now," I commented wincing at the nervous tilt in my tone, "what you always need to do is make sure that you're gentle. This isn't a tennis ball or something it's a…" I felt my ears grow hot, "well you know what it is." Harry gave a quick nod.

After giving a slight nod back, I placed my hand on his fingers and closed them gently around my breast, praying to Merlin that he couldn't feel the insane beat of my heart. Then I gave a sigh, `Who was I kidding? He was basically on top of the sodden thing of course he could feel how fast it was beating.' I pulled his hand away.

"Well that covers that, now is the time when we put it into action with everything else that you've learned." I reached over into my robes and pulled out my small tin mints "Did you want one now?"

He chuckled lightly, relaxing a bit. "Yes," he answered plucking one from the tiny container and placing it into his mouth.

After doing the same I gave him and expectant look, "Are you ready?"

Harry released a shaky breath and murmured, "As I'll ever be."

I gave a frown but he halted my comments by kissing me. In a song that was quickly becoming my favorite, our tongues intertwined once more and my arms wrapped snuggly around his shoulders. After several minutes Harry's mouth left my own and my head fell back as he began to masterfully kiss my neck and ear leaving a delicious tingling sensation in his wake, before going lower and running his tongue along my collarbone. As he kissed and licked various parts of my person, Harry's hand slowly found its way to my breast again, his fingers lightly grazed me and I shivered in response. Taking that as encouragement, he returned a moment later, this time cupping and gently kneading the soft mound. Releasing another contented moan as his hands worked magic on my chest and his lips worked magic on my neck, I allowed my hands to do some free roaming also.

My fingers, which had been lightly grazing his back, curved slightly as I ran my nails down the length of him. Harry hissed and moaned in my ear and I felt his warm hand go to my thigh. Without really thinking about it I lifted my leg and his hands skimmed my upper thigh as my hands moved to the front of his chest. I silently marveled at how well built he was. Sure he wasn't ripped or anything, but you could defiantly feel some definition in his form. Taking a queue from him, I ran my fingertips lightly over his nipples delighting in the horse moan that escaped his lips. Shifting at the same time we both quickly caught each others mouths in yet another deep bone melting, spine tingling kiss and I could have sworn my body temperature rose at least a hundred degrees. As my hands went back to tangle in his soft hair, Harry shifted and my body began to slowly ease backwards. I stiffened and gave a small cry as something jabbed me in the back.

"Sodden hell!" I exclaimed giving a disgruntled look to my over stuffed bag.

Harry's expression went from wound up, to amused in less than one second flat "You know Hermione, the range of your vocabulary continues to astound me," he commented with a grin.

I glared at him. "You're one to talk," I retorted, pushing lightly at his shoulders. "Let me up, this thing's going to create a permanent dent in my back."

"Oh, uh, right," he quickly scrambled off of me and to the other side of the couch.

I sat up and ran my hands trough my hair as I tried to regain my breath "Well, it looks like you've gotten the hang of that."

Harry nodded, then froze.

"What's wrong?" I inquired with a frown.

"We-uh, you…" he trailed off and made a light motion with his head.

Looking down, I saw that my skirt was all the way up and my knickers were very visible. I was mortified! These weren't even a pair of my cute ones! Blushing I quickly stood, readjusting my skirt and running another hand though my hair.

"Thanks…"

"No problem…"

"So…"

"So…"

"I think you're pretty near set," I commented in a light voice, attempting to lift the mood that had descended as I sat back down.

"Really? So does this mean there aren't going to be any more lessons?"

I chewed lightly on my lip. "I'm not saying that, I think that we may have just one more. I just need to resear- er, consider it. So what do you say I get back to you?"

"Sure, that'll work," Harry answered giving a slow nod.

"So… it's almost curfew time. Maybe you should head out? I'll be along in a minute."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," he commented moving to stand, however when he got halfway up he abruptly sat back down.

"Harry?" I quizzed with a frown, "Are you okay?"

A flush crept up his neck "Of course, I just -uh… thought that I would wait a minute."

"Why?" I frowned.

"Why?" he winced. "Well, because I don't think you should walk the halls alone this late at night. You know with… there being, stuff and all, that could happen… and stuff..."

"Stuff?"

"Yeah stuff," he frowned, "look I don't ask you why you stay. I just need a few minutes okay? I'll be ready to leave when you are."

"Fine," I retorted with a glower.

"Fine," he repeated, running an agitated had though his dark hair.

Turing to my bag I pulled out my Charms text, throwing Harry a concerned look when he leaned forward to get his bag off of the table. Was it me or were his movements a bit stiff? I frowned; maybe he had hurt himself. I considered asking but quickly dismissed the notion, if he had wanted to tell me what was wrong then he had the chance earlier but all he did was get lippy.

Giving a shake of the head I opened my book to chapter twenty-seven. Boys, why is it they never seemed willing to accept a helping hand?

A.N. *lol* That's it for this chapter! Thanks to everyone for all the great reviews I really appreciate them! It's awesome the response this story is receiving ^.^

For those of you who would like a version from Harry's POV please check out Kissing Lessons for Beginners by Amethyst Jackson. It's told from Harry's POV and it was totally my inspiration for this story (which actually starting off as a one shot that got horribly out of control ^^; ) It's awesome and very well written so I encourage you to give it a go! As for those of you that have pointed out issues that my beta didn't catch, thanks I appreciate it, however please refrain from saying my Beta doesn't know what he's doing. He's working, going to school and betaing three separate stories for me, we both do our best to catch the mistakes however when you're reading the stories as often as we are you're bound to miss some things, especially the repetitive things that are spelled similarly. Anyway I'll be updating next week so I'll talk to you guys then (and not as long winded *lol*) and Please Review!!! Ja ne!

-->