Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Snogging Chronicles by usako99
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Snogging Chronicles

usako99

Snogging Chronicles

Lesson Five: Something I Said?

Dear Diary,

I don't know what to do anymore. My feelings towards Harry seem to be changing and changing fast and I'm at a loss how to stop them. I'm such an idiot. I thought I could get control over them by reading those sodden self help books. *sigh* How could I have been so bloody sophomoric? Now everything's changed, well for me at least… that's the worst part. My views on Harry seem to be changing but his about me seem to be the same. He talks to me and asks me questions like nothing's different and I suppose to him nothing is. Honestly, I didn't realize how much things had changed either, that was until today…

--------

Ron and I were sitting in the common room, Lav-Lav *rolls eyes* was doing some extra Divination in Professor Trelawney's class, so he and I actually had some alone time for the first time in ages. As I flipped to the next page of my Arithmancy text I felt as though someone were watching me. Slanting Ron a sideways glance, I noticed his gaze fixed on me as he chewed thoughtfully on the inside of his cheek.

"What is it Ron?" I asked looking up from my text.

He gave a start, flushing guilty he looked back down at his book. "Nothing," he mumbled.

"Obviously it's something or else you wouldn't be staring. Do I have something on my face?"

He looked at me once more, "Er… no, not really…"

"What do you mean `not really', either I do or I don't?"

"I guess you don't."

"You guess I don't," I scoffed, "how do… you know what, never mind Ron."

"I just, I haven't really seen you in a while," he stated hesitantly as I turned my attention back to the chapter in my book.

I gave him a surprised look. "What do you mean? You see me at breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. Not to mention we have classes together."

He turned a dull red. "Well, yeah -I know, I just mean we don't really talk anymore."

I arched a brow. "Did we ever?"

"Yes," he frowned, "sure it usually ended up in an argument but we talked."

"Oh… well did you want to talk to me about something Ron?"

"Well…uhhh, not really…"

I threw him a disgruntled look. "Then why-"

"Thanks Harry," Ginny Weasley said as the portrait door opened.

"No problem," Harry responded entering behind her.

The other girl blushed. "No really, I mean I appreciate you carrying my bag. I could have done it myself, but it was very sweet of you to lend a hand."

"You could have done it yourself? Odd, normally I saw Dean carrying it so I wasn't sure," he teased with a grin.

Ginny giggled and turned a deeper shade of red. "Well Dean's being a git today."

"So I heard," Harry chuckled.

"I'm sure everyone did, the way I yelled at him. But sometimes he does the stupidest stuff and for some reason he seems to think it's funny."

"Yeah, well all blokes are guilty of that at one point or another so I suggest you get used to it."

Ginny batted her lashed and gave a coy smile. "You don't."

I had given a loud snort before I even realized it, and both teens turned to look at me.

"Sorry," I offered, lightly rubbing my nose, "a bit of dust…"

Ginny nodded, while Harry gave me a curious look.

"So…" the other girl started after a moment, "I suppose I should take that, I have a bit of homework to do."

"Yeah, sorry," he responded shrugging off the sack and handing it to her.

"That's okay… so, uh, I guess I'll see you later?"

"Yeah, later."

"Good," Ginny answered then after a small hesitation she leaned forward and placed a light kiss on Harry's cheek before turning and rushing off to the girl's dorm.

When Harry put a hand on his cheek and stared dumbly at the spot where the redhead had just been, I suddenly felt like I had been kicked in the stomach by a Hippogryff. Quickly gathering my things, I threw a soft `bye' to Ron and rushed up the stairs to my dorm. As I ascended the staircase I could feel Harry's eyes on my back, but I couldn't allow myself to hope… no, he was probably just wishing for one more glance of Ginny.

------------

So you see diary, those little episodes in the Great Hall and the hallway over a week ago were nothing more than flukes, figments of my imagination. *groan* This was not supposed to happen! When Harry finally worked up enough nerve to pursue Ginny I was supposed to be happy not heartbroken! I could not, cannot have feelings for Harry. Not anymore. I gave those up after the fiasco that was the Yule Ball, when he spent his whole night watching Cho Chang. Unlike Ron, I'm not even sure that he even noticed I had a date…

Okay that's it -it ends tomorrow night… right after our final lesson. What? I can't help it I'm weak. If I'm going to walk away from Harry, away from these feelings and ship him off happily to Ginny's arms then by Merlin, I'm going to have a bit of fun before doing it!

********************

I gave a broad smile as Harry entered the room, his eyes wide and his mouth agape as it fixated on the large item behind me. When he turned and looked at the door as if checking to make sure he had the right location I chuckled softly.

"Are you going to come in or just stand there looking like a first year about to get sorted?" I smirked.

Harry blushed and slowly made his way further into the room while closely scanning the large four-poster bed located just behind me.

"Uhh, what's this about?" he asked warily.

"Why it's your last lesson of course," I commented sitting down on the soft mattress and patting the spot to my right.

"Which is?" he quizzed coming to a halt a few paces in front of me.

"Let's just say it's your final exam."

He turned a dull red. "Hermione, we- I mean we're not going… a… I…"

My shade quickly turned to match his. "Of course not Harry! I mean really," I exclaimed in my most haughty tone. "We're just going to practice everything you've learned except we're going to do it lying down, that's all. We're defiantly, not going to… well, going to…"

"Shag?" Harry offered helpfully.

I rolled my eyes. "No, we're not going to have at it. Just heavy snogging, that's all."

He frowned, "I don't know about this Hermione…"

"What? It's basically what we've been doing but on a flatter surface and without my bag stabbing me in the back."

He ran a hand through his hair and looked uneasily at the bed once more. "I still don't think I can do this…"

"Why not?" I asked as hurt flowed through me. He didn't want to? He didn't think he could? What had happened to the guy who snogged me thoroughly our last four sessions? What changed, had I done something wrong?

"I just… don't think it's right…" he continued, avoiding my gaze.

"Look if you want, we can start off sitting up and before we lay back… you can even close your eyes and imagine I'm someone pretty," I offered with a strained smile and hoping desperately that he couldn't see how much he was hurting me right now.

Harry gave me a sharp look "What does that mean?"

"Well, nothing really I-"

"It means something, Hermione what does it mean?"

I frowned and gave him an annoyed look "It means Harry I know that I'm not normally the kind of girl that you would find attractive, I'm no Cho or Ginny or Fleur. I'm just plain old book wormy, bushy haired, sidekick Hermione. I had just thought that after all of those kissing lessons that you wouldn't be so upset or repulsed about this idea." A frustrated groan escaped my lips. "You know what? Forget it okay? Just, forget it, we can say the last lesson was your last lesson."

I grabbed my robe off the chair but before I could make it to my bag Harry's lips were on mine. His tongue delved deeply into my mouth and my heart pounded heavily in my chest as my hands gripped desperately at his shoulders. With a strength I didn't realize he possessed Harry easily hefted me up and carried me back over to the bed. When he deposited me onto the soft surface my hands quickly went to work on the fastenings of his robes and I hoped he wouldn't come to his senses before I was done. As soon as I was finished he shrugged out of the heavy garment and pressed my shoulders back so that I was lying on the bed.

In a tangle of arms and legs we somehow managed to make our way to the middle of the cushy mattress without our lips breaking contact. Once we were situated Harry pulled back, breathing heavily he stared at me for a moment. And the way that his eyes shone with attraction made me simply melt. He wanted me! Harry wanted me!… Well, at least for now.

"Don't over analyze Hermione," Harry whispered, reading the direction of my thoughts.

I opened my mouth to respond, but then decided that he was right. Tonight, there would be no over analyzing, just Harry. Placing my hands on the back of his head I swiftly pulled his lips back down to my own. As our tongues began a relatively new but somehow age old dance, I fleetingly wondered how I would ever do without his kisses anymore. Arching my body against his in an effort to make him remember me, I pulled away from his warm mouth and began to kiss and nibble at his neck. When Harry's hands went to my waist and then my breast a tingling warmth flowed through me and I found my body beginning to react on its own. I don't know how I knew what to do, or even what I did to entice those noises from him, but he seemed quite impressed by whatever it was. And that made me happy, especially since after tonight those delicious sounds would be relegated to my dreams and memories.

As he shifted once more and his full weight of pressed down upon me, I quickly realized Harry wasn't as light as he appeared. So I decided to relieve some of the pressure of his weight without disrupting the intimate contact between us in the most natural way possible. Merlin, if I had known…

As I spread my legs, Harry's strong male form… oh and I do mean male form, as in one hundred percent all male, slipped between my smaller one and we both let out low moans as our bodies touched one another more intimately than either of us had ever been touched. It felt really… really… Oh Merlin it just felt really! My fingers tangled in his hair and I pulled his head up so that our mouths could meet once again. As his tongue tempted and teased mine, I fleetingly thought that anyone who ever considered Harry to be a slow learner was immensely wrong on that account.

When his soft lips moved back down to my neck his body rubbed intimately against mine once more and I let out another moan. Deciding I liked the way it felt I placed my hands at the base of Harry's back and pressed myself closer to him. The dark haired boy let out a shuddering groan and returned the movement. As our bodies continued to flow steadily against one another I wrapped my legs lightly around his waist pulling him closer still and fixed my lips on his collarbone sucking roughly. A minute later Harry maneuvered so that his lips were on my neck, his hand was on my breast and his lower body was doing the most delicious things to my… senses. I closed my eyes and reveled in the feeling of what can only be described as the most sinfully delicious massage I had ever received.

I felt Harry's hand traveling up my thigh, under my skirt and my reasonable mind screamed that I should tell him to stop. However I quickly took reasonable part of my mind, tied it up, gagged it and sealed it in a glass jar so that I no longer had to hear it. Too bad I didn't think to do that with the alarm on my bloody watch, which began to screech a moment later.

"What's that?" Harry asked sounding breathless.

I sighed, "My alarm, we have less than twenty minutes till curfew."

He frowned, "Oh…"

Harry slowly removed his body from mine and took a seat on the bed next to me, I shivered slightly from the sudden loss of his warmth.

"So I guess that's it," I commented sitting up also and releasing a shaky breath. "Your last lesson."

"Yeah…" Harry remarked looking down at his hands.

I placed a hand on his knee and his gaze flew to mine. "Don't worry Harry, you're… smashing. Gin-" I licked my lips, "Ginny's not going to know what hit her. She'll be completely addicted," I finished with a laugh so tense I cringed a bit.

"Right… well, thanks Hermione. You know, for everything."

I offered him a weak smile, "No problem…"

"No really, I mean you were great -brilliant even. Thanks a lot."

I nodded, "Brilliant? Brilliant, thanks Harry." I moved to take my hand off of his thigh but he placed his on top of it to halt the movement.

"Hermione," Harry said; I regarded him curiously, "you're beautiful," he commented earnestly, my eyes widened and my heart raced. "Don't ever say or think that you aren't again okay?" I gave a shaky nod, and stood up walking to the bottom of the bed to retrieve my robe.

"Come on let's go," I commented after I had collected the robe and myself. Putting the garment on, I threw a look to Harry who for some reason was still sitting on the bed.

"Give me a minute okay?" he commented catching my look.

"Why? Harry we don't have long to get back before curfew."

"I know," he blushed lightly, "just give me a bleedin' minute will you?"

I gave a reproachful frown. "Harry we don't have all night."

"I know -look we're not going camping are we?"

"No," I answered instantly, taken aback by the abrupt change in subject.

"Then you understand why I don't want to bloody well pitch a tent in the hallway," he replied in an annoyed tone.

"Pitch a tent, Harry what-" I froze mid sentence and blushed as he indicated what he was talking about with a tilt of the head. "My, that's quite a tent," I muttered.

Harry chuckled and smirked, "Gee thanks."

A flush crept up my neck, "How long does it take to… well, you know…"

Harry gave a light shrug, "Depends."

"On what?" I frowned chewing on my lower lip.

"On how long you stand there with your robes open nibbling your lip," he replied with a wicked grin.

My blush deepened. "Cut it out Harry," I replied quickly closing my robe.

"Look, just give me a few minutes okay?"

I nodded, when something occurred to me. "Harry, the other night -after your last lesson. Was this the reason you couldn't leave?"

He scoffed and shook his head, providing me with the answer without really answering.

I shook my head lightly. "Now I feel like a git."

"What do you mean?" Harry asked frowning.

"Well," I started as I felt my blush return, "I thought that the reason that you were being such a plonker is because you didn't want to ask for a hand."

"What?!" he exclaimed wide eyed.

I rolled my eyes. "I know, I know, I shouldn't have thought that. After all, I know good and well that if something was wrong and you needed me to give you a hand you wouldn't hesitate to ask."

Harry let out a strangled groan.

I gave him a concerned look, "Is something wrong? Did you need me to give you a hand?"

The dark haired boy just slapped himself on the head and fell backwards onto the mattress with a grunt.

"Harry?…Harry?" I studied him worriedly. "Was it something I said?"

He groaned.

-->