Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Snogging Chronicles by usako99
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Snogging Chronicles

usako99

Surprise!!! Early update- that's right you guys were being tested and didn't even know it ^.^ (For this one and only time) I told myself that if the last chapter got over 60 reviews then I would update this chappy early. It got 65 last check -so here you are!!! Please keep in mind I will be updating this story one week from today's date after this though, so enjoy.

Snogging Chronicles

Chapter Nine - Coming Clean

"This isn't funny Harry!"

"I know! And I don't think it is, it's just… I just…"

"You what?"

The dark haired boy sighed and ran an agitated hand though his hair before reaching into his robes. My eyes widened and I slowly shook my head back and forth in an attempt to somehow combat what I knew was about to happen. However my attempts at mind control were to no avail when a moment later Harry pulled a small flowered book from his interior robe pocket.

"Hermione, we need to talk."

`I guess that answers that…'

*************

I took a step back and regarded Harry apprehensively. "Where did you get that?"

He licked his lips and fingered the edges of the small book. "The common room."

"Did… did you read it?" I whispered. When he bit his lip and looked at me warily my stomach dropped. "How could you? How could you read my diary?!"

"It was an accident I-"

"An accident? How do you accidentally read a diary?!"

He blushed, "Okay, so it started off as an accident," he hurriedly continued when I opened my mouth to respond. "After you ran out of the common room, I made my way over to the couch and took a seat. When I did, something stabbed me in the back," he held up the flowered book, "it was this. Well I had an idea what it might be but I didn't know for sure. I also thought it may have been yours, but I didn't know that for sure either-"

"How could you not know? I had been sitting in that exact spot," I frowned.

"Had you?" Harry arched a dark brow. "I couldn't tell, you jumped up so quick when I came in I had no idea if you had ever even sat down."

I blushed, "Yeah, well…"

"So as I was saying, I didn't wasn't sure who the book was for. So I opened the front to see if I could find a name or inscription. When I didn't see one I flipped to the back, which also had no identification. Well at that point I went back to the first couple of pages, just to see if there was anything I recognized, but all that had been written there was stuff about teachers, homework and class assignments." He sighed, "So I flipped to the last page…"

I blushed and looked down, "Oh…"

"Oh?" Harry scoffed, "Oh Hermione, is that all you want to say? Do you know how -how…" he ran an agitated hand trough his hair, "staggered I was? How confused? How…" he looked around the room and released a long breath before looking at me once more. From the look in his eyes I could tell what he was about to say before he said it, yet somehow it still felt unreal, "-how hurt I was Hermione."

"Hurt?" I frowned, "How could me saying that I… well, how could that have hurt you?"

The dark haired boy gave a strained laugh. "How could it have hurt me?" he shook his head, "You don't get it do you? You really don't get it…"

"I guess I don't, so why don't you explain it to me?" I inquired, brows furrowed.

He sighed and ran a hand over his face, "Hermione… I -I don't love Ginny."

My eyes widened, "But, you said-"

"I know what I said," he shook his head lightly, "I care about her. I even fancied her for a bit… but for the longest time… well." Harry ran another hand through his tussled locks. "I've liked a lot of girls over time -as I'm sure you know since you recently pointed it out. But there's one girl… well, she was my first real crush. She was the girl that I had, well, that I had feelings for since before I even really knew what they were…"

My brows knitted together, "Harry what are you…"

"That year with the Basilisk when you were petrified… I -I was so worried about you I didn't want to leave your bed side, not even for a moment. In fact I would only do it when Madam Pomfrey insisted and Snape made me. Then when you were revived I was so happy that when you threw yourself into my arms I would have been content just to hold you…" he laughed softly, "well, forever I think. You just felt so perfect in my arms," he gave a small smile, "now tell me, is that the way you're suppose to think of your best mate?"

"I-" I hesitated, licking my lips, "I didn't want to let you go either."

He gave me a quick surprised look before looking down and lightly nodding. "I told myself that it was natural. I mean, we were best mates and I was just relieved to see you. Then the next year when we went to save Sirius… when you put the time turner around my neck and stood so close to me," he shook his head lightly, "well I'll tell you what, it took all of my willpower to fight my newly forming, horribly raging hormones and not haul off and snog you right there in the infirmary." He glanced up and me, arching a dark brow. "And we're not even going to go into all the things I felt during the Tri-Wizard, when you were the only person at my side. Or this last summer when I didn't receive a single letter from you."

"Dumbledore-"

He smiled softly, "I know."

"Why Harry? Why didn't you say anything?" I demanded emotionally.

"Why didn't you?" he retorted raising his brows.

"I… it wasn't that simple."

"I agree," he rubbed the bridge of his nose. "I don't know if you realize, but I believe that you do…"

"Realize what?"

"That Ron has fancied you for quite some time now Hermione…" I blushed and looked down. "And with the way you acted it wasn't hard to suss that you felt the same. So why would I tell you I fancied you when you so obviously had this love hate, like don't like relationship with Ron?"

My gaze snapped to his, "I did feel the same -as you that is. Every time we touched, every time we talked… every time you looked me in my eyes I felt the same. For a while I tried to convince myself as well as others that all of the love and feelings I had for you were what a sister would have for a brother." I shook my head, "But, though I'm an only child, even I know that you don't dream about snogging your brother… and I'm talking long before we started the lessons. It just seemed that every time I even considered telling you, you started going on about this girl that you fancied, or staring all dreamy eyed and drooling over one of them, so I figured `Why bother?' I mean, you never stared at me the way you did Cho or Fleur or even Ginny… well, eventually Ginny that is."

Harry blushed and looked down, "Yeah, well…"

I gave a wry smile. "If I'm honest with you as well as myself for the first time, then I must admit. I was pretty hacked off when you told me you fancied yourself in love with Ginny. I mean, here I was right in front of your face and you still didn't see me. Heck, you were even surprised that I had had some experience in kissing blokes."

"I wasn't surprised," at my dubious expression, he blushed, "I wasn't -I… well, I was a bit miffed if you want to know the truth." He muttered, "Not knowing who it was drove me mental for the longest. I mean was it Krum? Did something happen between you and Ron that you guys didn't tell me? Or was it some other bloke that I had never had the displeasure of meeting?"

"It wasn't any of those."

"I know," he answered with a lopsided smile and twirling the diary between his hands.

I emitted a small growl and reached forward snatching the book. "I'll take that back thank you very much."

Harry's eyes twinkled merrily as he gave a soft laugh, "Of course."

"Harry how much of this did you read?" I frowned.

"Well…" he cringed at my glare, "just at the start of your `marvelously mental' plan…"

"Harry!"

"What? I started off at the back and worked my towards the front and that just seemed like the best place to start reading it forward…"

"Why did you have to read it forward at all?!"

"I… well, I need to know. You know, when…"

I shook my head, "It was long before then Harry," I muttered opening and closing the small book a couple of times.

"Really?" he inquired. I looked at him and he gave a nervous smile, "I know that you mentioned something about previous feelings but… you didn't really say much except that you had gotten over them. -No wait, you did say something along the lines of `I looked at him that way once but that was a long time ago'," he blushed and looked down muttering "or something like that."

I chuckled, "I think I said exactly that. How many times did you read this Harry?" His blush deepened and he gave a light shrug diverting his gaze. "Okay so we've established that, even though he spends ninety percent of his time with his tongue down Lavender's throat Ron fancies me. However as I'm sure you've sussed out, Ginny also fancies you."

Harry winced lightly and rubbed the back of his neck, a pained expression crossing his handsome face as he responded. "Yeah… actually since you've told me that she wanted to talk to me earlier and that I had a `really good chance' I uhhh," he bit his lip and gave a sheepish look. "Well, I've kinda been avoiding her…"

My eyes widened, "Harry!"

"What?! I didn't know what to say to her! I mean here you were thinking that I fancied her, which means you probably told her that I did-"

"I did not!"

"Okay well then you probably hinted at it." At my guilty flush he continued. "Either way, I had no idea what to say to her. I mean I didn't want to hurt her feelings but I didn't see how it was possible not to."

"Wait? If you've been avoiding her then why didn't she show up to the D.A. meeting?" When he grimaced I sighed, "Harry, what did you do?"

"Well… you see just before the meeting she was waiting for me in the common room -well, I kind of," He licked his lips and gave a nervous smile. "You see she saw me before I saw her. So when I got to the bottom of the stairs she called out to me… and…"

"And?" I hedged.

"And… I sorta turned around and ran back up them."

I slapped my hand against my head, "Harry you didn't."

He cringed once more and gave me a light shrug. "What? You know I hate confrontations."

"Please, you and Malfoy fight everyday."

"Yeah, well I don't care about that git's feelings, but I do care about Ginny's so…"

I shook my head and gave him a soft smile, "I understand." Harry offered a light smile in return and, as usual, when he looked at me I felt my face flame up. "So-" I cleared my throat, "so… lets look at all of the factors of this equation. I fancy you," he arched a brow and my blush deepened, "and you fancy me?" Harry nodded and ran a hand through his hair. "Okay… well, then Ron fancies me and Ginny fancies you," I finished, the dark haired boy grimaced and nodded.

"Don't forget that Ron would never forgive either of us we started seeing each other." Harry interjected, "After all he's been accusing us of it for over a year now, how would-"

I snorted and gave a light brush of the hand, "I can handle Ron. What I don't know how to do is tell Ginny…."

"You can handle Ron? How?" Harry asked giving me a skeptical look.

I scoffed rolling my eyes, "Easily, Ron's not the most complicated bloke around you know."

He laughed softly and nodded, "Yeah…"

"Trust me he's not going to be the problem, Ginny is. -I uh, I mean if we -you, er, want us to… I don't know, to-"

"Hermione would you be my girlfriend?"

My mouth fell open and gaze flew to Harry after his impromptu question. I mean sure it was want I had wanted but I hadn't been expecting him to really ask. Harry was watching me nervously one hand buried in his dark locks and the other fidgeting restlessly with his robe. I bit my lip as my mind replayed what he had just asked me over and over again. Harry wanted me to be his girlfriend -me?

"Hermione?" Harry questioned with a frown.

It was at that point I realized that I must look like a fish with my mouth gaping open like that. "I-I-I, we-well, yeah -yes. Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend Harry." A large grin descended upon his features, faltering when I frowned. "But what about Ginny? I couldn't do that to her, I mean she comes to me for advice about you… how can I tell her that we're dating now?"

Harry sighed and looked at the ceiling for a second before looking back down and coming forward, pulling me into a light embrace. "I'll tell you what, you handle Ron and I'll handle Ginny."

"How?"

He shrugged, "Don't know really, but I'll figure it out. So… when did you want to do this?"

I tiled my head back and looked up at him once more. "Do what?" I muttered distractedly, noticing how close his soft lips were. Memories of just how soft entered my mind and I could feel myself getting a bit tingly.

Harry groaned, "Don't look at me like that."

My heated gaze flew to his, "Like what?"

"Like that," he stated in a winded tone. "I can't think when you do that… I could never think when you looked at me like that."

I frowned and my gaze dipped back to his lips, "I can't help it."

A moment later Harry emitted a small groan and his warm lips descended upon my own. My heartbeat rose swiftly as his tongue delved into my waiting mouth and I found myself grateful when his strong arms can around my waist and held me up, since I knew darn well my legs were no longer up for the task. As we continued to kiss one of his hands lightly rubbed my back, vaguely reminding me of our snogging lesson on go and no zones. When I smiled against his lips Harry pulled back and regarded me curiously through passion filled eyes.

"What?" he inquired.

"Nothing… I was just recalling the snogging lessons."

"Ahhh…"

"Harry I've been wondering? … Did you really need to learn how to kiss?"

He chuckled, "As much as I would love to say `No' and that it was just some masterful plan to get you to change your feelings about me. Unfortunately I'm really not that clever." Harry grinned, "I was just hoping you would give me some pointers at the least, get a bit jealous at the most. Honestly when you offered to teach me I was completely stunned."

I felt my face flame, "Yes well, it seemed like the most logical course… I mean, sure I could have just told you, but how would I have known if you were doing it correctly."

"Suuure," he drawled with a boyish grin; my face grew even warmer.

"So," I cleared my throat, "what do you say we go ahead and talk to Ron and Ginny?"

His smile faded and was quickly replaced by a grimace, "Now?"

I gave a perfunctory nod and slipped from his loose embrace heading over to the mirror to check that I didn't look too flustered. "No time like the present, I say. I mean the longer we wait to tell them the worse it will be, so we might as well tell them sooner rather than later."

Harry sighed and nodded in consent, "I guess you're right. Who do you think we should tell first?"

I chewed on my lip thoughtfully, turning to look at him for a moment before answering. "Ron -he'll be the easier one to handle."

Harry arched a dark brow, regarding me dubiously. "You sure about that?"

"Yes."

"Well I don't know but if you think so… how are we going to do this?"

"It'll be easy, trust me I have an idea."

"Really? -What is it?"

"You'll see soon enough," I headed past him towards the door while he watched me curiously. "Are you coming?"

"Where are we going?"

I gave an impish grin, "Why, to get the Marauders Map of course."

***********************

After Harry had retrieved the map from his dorm and given it to me, we walked silently side by side down the corridor. Every once in a while I would feel his speculative gaze on me, but I pretended not to notice as I once again checked the map.

`Perfect,' I thought taking my third turn.

Looking up I saw what I had been searching for just ahead. The dark mahogany door stood out against the light stone walls of the castle. Throwing Harry a wink I preceded forward, whispered a soft un-locking charm and placed my hand on the knob. Taking a deep breath, I gave Harry one last reassuring smile before twisting the handle and throwing the door open.

Ron and Lavender, still caught in the passionate embrace from their latest snog, stared at me with identical pole axed expressions. The blond girl's eyes were wide, her hair was haphazard, the first couple of buttons on her shirt were undone and her lips were swollen from her recent activities. The red haired boy was in a similar state of disarray with his tie undone, his shirt un-tucked from his pants and his hair sticking up at odd angles that were usually reserved for Harry. Both of their robes were thrown carelessly on the floor of the tiny broom closet, with there missing wands probably lost some where in the bilious black folds littering the floor. Ron opened his mouth wordlessly several times then, after a moment, a strangled squeak emitted from between his lips.

In return I granted them with my sweetest smile "Hello there Ron," I nodded at the blonde, "Lavender. We didn't mean to interrupt. Harry and I just felt it was necessary to let you know some very important news." The redhead's brows rose, "You see we've realized that, well, that we fancy one another and we've decided to give it a go as a couple." I gave them both a brilliant grin. "Harry thought that you might be upset Ronald, but I explained to him that that was just preposterous! I mean with a great girlfriend like Lavender here, why would you -you know?" I gave him my best `isn't he silly' look. "However to sooth Harry's overly active imagination I sought you out so that you can reassure him yourself. I mean you don't mind that Harry and I are dating now -do you?" I finished throwing Ron an expectant look and Lavender a charming smile.

Ron cast a quick bewildered glance to Harry.

"Well Ronald, do you?" I pressed.

"Yeah, do you?" added Lavender helpfully.

The flush on his face quickly grew to match his hair color as he looked between his girlfriend and I. "N-no -no of course not."

I turned to Harry who was watching the whole scene with an expression that was a cross between amusement and worry.

"See!" I exclaimed jovially, "I told you Ron wouldn't mind. After all, Ron's our best mate and he wouldn't begrudge us the same type of happiness that he's had with Lavender these last couple of months."

I looked at Ron, shaking my head ruefully, "You know he actually thought you fancied me -me! Can you imagine that?! I mean really, what kind of bloke fancies one girl but fights with her all the time while he goes out with another?" I snorted rolling my eyes "Only a real git would do something that -right Lavender?"

"Right," she stated amicably, giving Ron a sideways glance.

I shook my head lightly, "Don't worry Lavender our Ron's no git. In fact he's completely mad about you, and any feelings I may or may not have had for him disappeared as soon as you two started dating," I suppressed a grin when the red haired boy winced slightly. "Well anyway, I just wanted to let you two know the happy news. As I said I didn't mean to interrupt and you guys do still have about," I looked at my watch then back at the couple, "an hour or so till curfew, sooo… as you were." I made a small shooing motion with my hands before grabbing the handle and shutting the large mahogany door firmly in their faces.

"Well that handles that!" I told Harry with a wide grin and wink.

The dark haired boy shook his head in wonder and gave me an admiring look, "Yes it does, doesn't it? You know Ron was right…"

"What do you mean?"

"You are brilliant but scary."

At his approving look I blushed and then laughed, before looping my arm with him as we headed back to the common room where we were sure to find Ginny. Whew, now my part was done and I didn't envy Harry, especially since telling Ginny was his job…

*****************

As I entered the common room behind Harry I gave a small sigh of dismay, luck was not on our side at the moment. Though Ginny was here, it looked like half of the house had decided to join her. Gryffindors were everywhere, at the tables studying, on the couches gossiping and joking, on benches playing exploding snaps -some were even sleeping. Harry and I shared a look.

"I'm going to see if I can get her to go somewhere more private," he murmured just above the hum of the room.

"Like where?" I frowned.

He shrugged, "I don't know… the Room of Requirement?" he winced when I glowered, "Or we can try the Quidditch pitch? I can ask her if she would like to go practice."

I nodded, "That sounds somewhat plausible, but what about me?"

Harry bit his lip lightly… did I mention how much I love it when he does that?

"You can say you want a quiet place to study and I'll offer for you tag along."

"But then Ginny will want me to say no so that she can speak with you."

His brows rose and he offered me a mischievous grin, "Okay, then I'll insist that you tag along."

I could feel my face heat up a bit and ducked my head in an attempt to hide it, "That sounds perfect."

His hand encircled mine and gave it a light squeeze before letting it go. Unable to speak at the moment because I was so deliriously happy I just gave Harry a small motion with my head to indicate that I was running upstairs to grab my books.

A few moments later when I returned (slightly winded) I caught Harry and Ginny just making their way towards the portrait.

"Hey you guys!" I called a bit too shrilly.

"Hey," Harry and Ginny responded wincing a bit.

"Where are you off to?" I continued blushing and throwing them an apologetic look.

"The Quidditch pitch," Harry responded easily, "we're going to practice a bit."

"Really? Can I come I need a quiet place to study?"

Ginny frowned at me, "Don't you think it'll be a bit too dark to study properly Hermione?"

"Oh, uh… right I'll jus-"

"Bollocks," Harry interrupted rolling his eyes, "Hermione used to come out and study while Ron and I practiced all the time." He reached forward and grabbed my wrist propelling me towards the exit. "Now come on you guys we only have a little over forty five minutes before curfew."

It took all of my strength not to shake with amusement. I have no idea how he managed it, but somehow Harry was able to hold my hand the whole way to the pitch without Ginny being any the wiser. Shaking my head lightly as I noticed the red haired girl rushing to keep up with Harry's hurried pace I was tempted to mentally berate myself. I mean, not only was I about to upset my very best girl mate, I was also setting the women's movement back decades by allowing him to drag me through the hallways and across the school grounds like some deranged cave person. However I just couldn't seem to muster the self-righteous indignation that was required for this event. In fact the only things I could muster were a feeling of immense happiness and several images that would have surely had me on the receiving end of one of Ginny's infamous bat bogey's.

Wincing slightly at the though I lightly touched my wand in my robe just in case I found myself in need of a protection spell. A moment later we reached the pitch and I leaned heavily against Harry as I attempted to catch my breath.

"Well, here we are," Harry breathed, slowing his pace and making his way into the pitch.

"What do you say we grab our brooms?" Ginny suggested looking up at the starry sky.

With her head tilted back and the small smile on her face, the redheaded girl really did look quite pretty. The flush from the mad dash to the Quidditch pitch only seemed to make her look more even animated, and the light rise and fall of her chest brought attention to her ample bosom. Frowning, I looked down at my less than ample appendages before looking up and throwing an anxious glance at Harry.

The dark haired boy was watching me with an air of amusement, his eyes twinkling merrily. His eyes then traveled slowly down to my chest before coming back up to my eyes. Having caught me in my bout of insecurity Harry gave me an appreciative nod and a very suggestive wink, to let me know that he very much liked what he saw. I settled him with an intense frown however I think the effect was ruined by the excitement that coursed through me at his actions, which were indicated by the flush that covered my neck, the way my chest began to rapidly rise and fall once more and the nervous way I licked my lips.

Something flashed in Harry's eyes, "Hermione, don't-"

"Excuse me," Ginny interrupted impatiently. "Are we going to practice or not?"

Harry and I both jumped, having momentarily forgotten about her presence.

"Right well, uh I guess I should let you guys get to it. I'm going to go right over there to study, just let-"

"Actually," Harry chimed, "it's too close to curfew to get any real practice done."

"Then why did we come out here?" Ginny frowned.

"Well," Harry sighed, "to talk."

"Talk?"

"Well, yeah -talk."

"Okay," Ginny's brows rose, "about what?"

"Well… you see," Harry exhaled nosily and ran a hand through his hair. "You see, I… well…"

Ginny offered him an encouraging smile, and I grimaced a bit. I knew that smile and she was about to be very disappointed -guilt fast approached and I shrunk back a bit in an attempt to make myself invisible.

"You what, Harry?" the redhead pressed.

"I was wondering if it was okay if… well, you see… while you and Dean were dating, and then not dating, and then dating again…"

"Yes?" she hedged, her eyes glowing excitedly.

I inched behind Harry.

"Well… Hermione and I spent a lot of time together. You know, with you dating Dean and Ron with Lavender we really only had each other to hang out with and -you see… we sort of took a fancy to one another…."

"I see?" she frowned. "No I'm afraid I don't, wh-what am I suppose to see Harry?"

"Well, uhh…" he ran his hand though his hair… twice. "I was wondering if you would mind terribly if -well, if I were to… that is, if Hermione were to agree… to well, to be my girlfriend."

Ginny's mouth fell and for a moment I thought she had been petrified. Her eyes became glassy, her body froze -even her breathing seemed to stop.

"Er… Ginny?"

She slowly shook her head and gave Harry a confused look, "You… and Hermione?"

"Well…"

I found myself wishing I could banish the word "well" from Harry's vocabulary. I mean, it was even worse than "right".

Harry sighed, "Yes, me and Hermione." He bit his lip once more and took a cautious step towards Ginny. "Look… I know that you fancy me…"

She recoiled "You know!"

He winced and nodded slowly, "Yes, it was actually Hermione's-"

"Hermione told you?!" Her accusing gaze flew to me and since Harry had moved, my already not so good hiding place proved to be absolutely useless.

"Yes, but it's not what you think!" Harry exclaimed, stepping in front of me.

I fought the urge to grab onto his robes like a coward, taking a deep breath I decided to stand my ground. Slowly stepping from behind Harry I took the spot to his right, making sure to keep my fingers around my wand in my robe. After all, I was being brave, not stupid.

"Well then what is it?!" Ginny bellowed, "Because it looks exactly like what I think!"

"It isn't, look the only reason that Hermione told me about you- well the way you felt, is because it was her only reason as to why we couldn't be together," Harry sighed. "And I told her that though I do care about you, and did in fact fancy you at one point -when you were on again off again with Dean. I don't see you in that way any longer," he took another step towards Ginny, frowning when she took a step away from him. "Gin, I don't want to hurt you, I never did. But the way I feel about Hermione, it's not going to just go away-"

"Why not, your feelings for me did," she retorted, stung.

Harry nodded slowly. "True, but if anything that just showed me that what I felt for you was more a passing fancy than anything."

"How do you know?! You never gave it a chance -you never gave me a chance! First you barely acknowledge my existence, then you do for -oh I don't know- five minutes before you're off to the next girl, who, by the way was supposed to be one of my very best friends!"

Harry rubbed the bridge of his nose in an exasperated manner. "What do you want me to do Ginny?" he shook his head lightly, "What I felt, or thought I felt for you is gone. Even if Hermione turns me away, that won't bring them back. In fact Hermione and I, well -we'll just both be miserable until hopefully one day we find a way to move on."

"You'll be miserable? What about me? What about Ron?!" She exclaimed flailing her hands wildly.

Now really that was too much! I found myself unable to continue to just sit by.

"You?! Ron?! Ha! What about you!" I yelled back, Harry and Ginny's startled gazes flew to me. I shook my head, "How could I have not known how absolutely selfish you were? Do you think you're the only one who's fancied Harry? Because you're not, I've fancied Harry since the first day on the train, when he looked up at me with those beautiful green eyes."

Harry gave me a surprised look.

"Well it's true," I stated primly, "but I was too young to know what to do with those feelings so I just put them away. However they returned, every year, sometimes every week or every day, but I never acted on them because I didn't think I had a shot." I turned to Ginny. "Then when you came to me and asked for advice with Harry -do you think that was easy for me to give? It wasn't, but I did anyway because you were my friend and I figured if I didn't have a shot with Harry then I would want him to be with someone who was a good person and could make him happy." I shook my head and gave her a disappointed look. "Perhaps I gave you too much credit, I thought that after having Harry over to the Burrow and being around your family you had begun to look at him as a person, not a celebrity, and that you also cared about his happiness -but I guess I was wrong. It was all about you all along."

I shook my head in a disbelieving manner and scoffed lightly, "What a bloody plank I've been. Here I was trying to make you happy and worrying about your feelings when you don't give a flying cauldron about mine." I glared at her, "Well no more I tell you. From now on I'm going to be happy too. Not sitting around waiting for you to finally get the guy that I fancy! Or for your brother to take his tongue out of Lavender Browns mouth long enough to acknowledge my existence for more than an argument!" I brushed my hands together, "I'm done with it. Harry and I are going to be together, we're going to be happy and make one another happy and if you can't handle that Ginevra Molly Weasley, if you can't be happy for me like I would have been for you then I don't think you're the type of person that I want for a friend."

I gave her a stiff nod, grabbed Harry's hand and pulled him towards the exit to the pitch.

"Hermione! Hermione, wait!" Ginny called a moment later running to stand in front of me. "I'm sorry -I, you, you're right. It was terrible of me to act like such a brat, I just didn't realize that you… well you never said anything about fancying Harry so…"

"I never said anything about fancying Ron either but people seemed to have no problem sussing that out."

She winced, "Right…"

"Besides, between Rita Skeeter and Cho Chang, I doubt my feelings for Harry were a real mystery," I continued in a sarcastic tone.

She grimaced, "True… look I'm sorry for being such a prat. And I can't say this'll be the easiest thing for me to get used to but I'll try." She shrugged lightly and offered a strained smile. "Heck, I'll even help you guys tell Ron if you want."

Harry's lips quirked into an amused smile, "Hermione already took care of that."

A surprised expression flittered across her face "Really? How'd he take it?"

Harry and I shared a look, "Pretty well," he commented lightly just before we broke into peals of laughter.

"What?" Ginny inquired looking between us. "What happened?"

"I'll tell you along the way," I commented with a grin as our laughter faded. I then looped my right arm through Harry's left and my left through Ginny's right leading them towards the school. Ginny's tinkling laughter joined ours as Harry and I regaled her with the story of Ron's enlightenment.

A.N. Well, that's it for this chappy! I know the whole Ginny thing resolved pretty easy but I didn't want any ill feelings hanging over Harry and Hermione's relationship. Besides she's not important enough to warrant the effort *smirk* One more chapter to go! In all truth this was supposed to be the last chapter but my beta Ben suggested (during one of his earlier reviews of my story) that you guys deserved something a little extra, which varied from the way I had already written the story. What is this extra? I'm not telling, however I will give you the title for the last chapter in hopes that it will give you a little hint *wink* : Snogging Chronicles - Final Lesson: Harry's Turn.

Hope to see you for the last chapter and please don't forget to review!!!

-->