Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Snogging Chronicles by usako99
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Snogging Chronicles

usako99

Snogging Chronicles

Lesson Three: Go Zones and No Zones

Dear Diary,

Today's the day, that's right Harry and I have another snogging session. I know what you're thinking diary, last time I talked to you about this I was pretty panicked. I apologize. It's not normally my way as you know, but luckily since then I've had time to sit and go through several of my reference books, which is where I found it, my next logical course of action. It's quite simple really, I'm actually a bit embarrassed that I didn't come up with it earlier -I guess that's what happens when you think with your hormones instead of your brain. But don't worry; I've got it all worked out. You see after reviewing three separate reference texts: `A Wedding Most Scandalous', `Slight Temptations' and `The Unlikely Mistress' it was quite obvious what the next course of action is. So don't worry about me diary, I have it perfectly under control.

And yes, I have that under control too… As soon as I got back to my room last week I went into my trunk, grabbed that stupid book by that crackpot Dr. Lovenstein and returned it to the library. I mean really, none of the exercises worked -none of them! I'll tell you what, I made sure to let Madam Prince know that `Know Your Body: Know Yourself' didn't actually know anything about anybody. Sure, she turned her nose up at me in that annoying way she does but I didn't care, why should I have, when I was quite right? So ignoring her annoyed look, I quickly turned and went to work in the stacks, looking for a more pertinent reference text. It took a couple of days but I finally was able to locate `Urgent Urges: Mind and Body Control for Young Witches and Wizards' by Professor Eliza Fatetold.

Which, by the way diary, was not a moment too soon. Later that day Harry came up to me and let me know that Ron had plans with Lavender, Wednesday night… tonight. *deep breath* Yep… I'm fine. I can do this without all of those illogical feelings. Besides, `Urgent Urges' explained that when you're in direct physical contact with an attractive person of the opposite sex it's perfectly natural to have some type of physical reaction. And though I had never really noticed before, Harry could be considered quite attractive…

Okay, you got me -I forgot that we go way back. Fine, I have noticed, several times… but he never… well, I'm not really his type. He's into pretty girls like Fleur, Cho and Ginny besides he's my best mate and I don't want to wreak that. True, Ro-er the other bloke is one of my best mates too but we were never as close as Harry and I, we didn't click the same. Which is why it's perfectly okay for me to have feelings towards one and not the other. Not that I really have feelings, per se towards either, more like small hormonal bursts.

Anyway that's neither here nor there, on to my point. The book explained it's not about controlling all of your feelings during the encounter. Instead it's about maintaining enough sense over your urges to make sure things don't go to far and getting a hold of your emotions after so that you don't confuse natural physical urges with deep feelings. It really does make great sense if you think about it. All of the things I felt towards Harry were just a product of my youthful urges and emotions, nothing more -so it's perfectly okay for me to continue instructing him of how to properly kiss a girl. And by the time I'm done Ginny's not going to know what hit her…

*****************

Walking into the Room of Requirement later that evening, I placed my bag gently on the couch and opened it. Going into the far right corner I pulled out the tiny square of parchment containing my lesson plans.

Lesson One:

Basic Kissing- pecks, longer kisses, gazing.

Lesson Two:

Intermediate Kissing- deeper kisses, French kissing.

Lesson Three:

Cont'd Intermediate Kissing: French kissing, necking…

Giving a quick nod to myself after comparing my mental list with my physical one, I placed the parchment on the table and fished my Transfiguration book out of my bag. However before I could open it the door to the room clicked and Harry entered.

"Hey Hermione," he commented as he made his way over to the couch and tossed his bag carelessly onto the floor… as usual.

"Harry," I frowned giving a stern look at the bag.

He sighed before bending down and retrieving the sack, throwing it lightly onto the table instead. "Better?" he inquired with raised brows.

I gave a contented smile and a nod, as I turned slightly, retrieving my bag and placing my book and the square of parchment inside of it once more.

"So," he said taking a seat on the couch to my right. "What's on today's agenda?"

"Agenda? You make it sound like a business merger," I humped, scrunching my face up in distaste.

"So? You call it a lesson plan," he retorted with a frown, "every time I leave here I'm worried that you're going to pull out your little piece of parchment and grade me."

I grinned despite myself "Don't worry, you'd pass," I replied cheekily.

Harry blushed and looked away "So…" he commented still looking at the fire. "What do we have on the lesson plan for today?"

"Well, I was thinking that we should try another type of kissing…"

He turned to me, "Another type of kissing?"

"Yes."

"Like what?"

"Like necking… you do know what that is right?"

"Sure… I -uh, kiss your neck?"

I rolled my eyes "Not just my neck Harry. You need to realize that if you really want to be good at snogging then the mouth isn't the only thing involved."

He arched a brow "So I've heard."

"Good -wait, what does that mean?"

Harry sighed, "Come on Hermione you know blokes talk."

"What blokes?" I pressed with a frown.

He gave a light shrug and leaned forward, fiddling absently with the strap of his bag. "Just… you know, blokes."

"No, I don't know," I persisted. "What blokes?"

He gave me an annoyed look "Was there one in particular you wanted to know about?"

I felt my face flame as I quickly looked away "No, of course not. I was just wondering, since there's no telling how reliable your source may or may not be."

"What about your source?"

"What about it?"

He sighed, "Nothing, look it's a moot point, you're going to teach me the proper way to go about it anyway, right?"

"Right," I replied facing him.

"Okay, so what's first," Harry asked turning so that he was facing me also.

"Alright, I guess the best way to go about this is to start with basic kissing, then go to French-"

"Wait?" he interrupted, "We're going to French kiss again?"

I frowned. "Well, of course. You don't just go strait to a girl's neck you have to lead up to it properly -why? Did you have a problem with snogging me again?"

"Wha- no, no most defiantly not I lov-like …er, don't mind," Harry stuttered turning a dull red.

I couldn't help but smile. "Good, so I guess I'll start by showing you what to do and then you'll kind of, you know, mimic it on me."

He gave a nod and we slowly moved towards one another, however before we could kiss I placed my hand on his chest halting his movement.

"I almost forgot," I commented, before giving a laugh as Harry held his hand out expectantly.

Reaching into my robes I pulled out my small tin full of mints and took one out for each of us, placing his into the waiting hand.

Harry popped the candy into his mouth "So, are you ready?"

"Not quite," I said, before coming forward a bit and unfastening the top of his robes revealing more of his long neck. "Easer access," I voiced at his startled questioning look. "Now I'm ready."

Harry gave a nod and a light lick of his lips before moving his head towards mine. I met him half way and in a matter of moments our tongues were once again involved in a sensual tango. `Mmmm, he tastes as good as I remembered.' Once again my hands found their way into his hair, and his found their way to my back when I tilted my head a bit to allow him deeper access to my mouth. As he nibbled and suckled at my bottom lip I belatedly realized that this was not the lesson. Somewhat reluctantly and amid a small groan of protest from my willing student, I pulled my mouth away from his and placed a soft trail of kisses from his chin to his neck. When Harry's head titled back I lightly flicked my tongue over his Adams apple and he released another one of those delectable moans of his.

Feeling empowered I leisurely made my way to his right ear, flicking my tongue over the lobe before nibbling it lightly. Harry hissed in my ear and grabbed at my waist, as I continued to tempt and tease him with my mouth, making my way from one ear to the other along a scenic route filled with warm touches and lazy kisses. I sighed contently, `He tasted sinfully delicious, who would have thought?' Upon reaching the other ear I traced the parameter with my tongue and sucked his lobe before going a bit lower and placing a small bite on his neck.

"Shite, Hermione!" Harry exclaimed pulling back and looking at me with blazing eyes.

"What?" I asked with my most innocent look, however I think the effect was somewhat spoiled when I giggled.

Harry shook his head, his mouth opening and closing as he tired to form words.

"It's part of the lesson," I offered with a shrug, "some girls like it."

He scoffed and shook his head once more "Part of the lesson, huh?"

"Of course Harry, why else would I do it?"

Instead of answering me he just nodded "Well, I think I got it. So my turn right?"

I gave him a wary look as his eyes took on an impish glow "Well… yeah… I guess…."

He grinned "Good."

I jumped a bit as Harry's hands came forward, undoing the top of my robes as I had done to his earlier, and willed my blush to go away as his deep chuckle reached my burning ears.

"You ready?" he whispered.

`No,' I thought, momentarily panicking before I recalled what had been said in `Urgent Urges', this was perfectly normal and I would snap out of it as soon as Harry left.

"Hermione?" Harry questioned, I looked up at him "Are you ready?"

"Ye-yes, yes I am."

He gave a light nod of the head before slowly coming forward; his right hand lightly stroked my cheek while the left rubbed my neck. The motion was somewhat relaxing and I released a contented breath. As I did, his mouth softly touched mine for a moment before slowly gaining more pressure, moving skillfully against my own. A moment later his tongue lightly grazed my bottom lip and I readily opened for him. Harry slipped easily into my mouth with one strong sure stroke, artfully enticing my own tongue into a sensual ballet.

Just as I began to fully melt into the kiss Harry moved away from my mouth and down to my neck, giving a light chuckle when I released a groan similar to his own earlier. As my head titled back one of his hands came up to support my head as he trailed oft kisses down and along my neck, mimicking a lot of my earlier actions. However since I didn't have an Adams apple Harry chose to lightly run his tongue along my collarbone, I shivered in response griping roughly at his broad shoulders.

When he came up once more and caught my ear between his teeth a surprised moan escaped my lips. `Merlin this felt good, no wonder Harry had had the reaction he did earlier and the girls in the books always swooned.' After he made his way to my other ear and ran his tongue along the edges I tensed a bit as I waited for him to bite me like I had done him. However instead of doing that he made his way back up to my mouth and gave me a drugging kiss, before returning his attentions back to my ear and my neck. I let out a surprised squeak when Harry's hand abruptly touched something.

Pulling away I threw him a harassed look. "What the bloody hell was that?! You don't just haul off and grab a girls boob without even a by your leave!"

Harry blushed, "I…uh…sorry, I kinda got caught up in the moment," he winced.

"That doesn't give you the right to act like some randy git, you plonker," I glowered.

He grimaced. "Sorry… I… well, I didn't know what…" he trailed off with a shrug.

I gave him one last reproachful look. "Apology accepted I guess… hmm, perhaps we should cover hand placement too."

"That sounds good," Harry mumbled, diverting his gaze.

"Alright then," I placed my fingers on his chin and lifted his head so that he would look at me. "There are certain areas on a girl you do not touch without her permission. I don't think I have to tell you what those are."

His blush, which had been receding, returned in full force "No."

"Good, so lets cover the safe zones. I would say that… for the early stages of your relationship at least, you should relegate you hands to the back and side areas," I tuned slightly and made a sweeping motion to indicate my back and then my side. "These are the green light districts. Your hands can usually roam them," I frowned thoughtfully, "though the back is your safest bet really, because anything above the base is fair game. The sides, well those are a bit more tricky, when in that area you should keep you hands below the ribs… I think that's the best bet."

"Okay…" he frowned, "and how long, I mean… do I do anything in special?"

"You know Harry, you don't have to have you hands on a girls…er, goodies, to make it meaningful or special. Just caress me -I mean her, and touch her, make her feel good, and in the end she'll do the same for you, okay?"

Harry gave a nod.

"Well what do you say we try this again, this time with the stuff you've learned about hand placement?"

"Sure…"

Harry leaned forward and cupped my face gently as our lips met once more. His tongue went to work immediately and I found myself marveling at how good he had gotten so quickly. When I wrapped my arms lazily around his neck Harry's mouth moved away from my lips to leave a trail of hot kisses to my ear. As his tongue flicked over the lobe I felt his hands gently caressing my back outside of my robes. When his teeth began to nibble at me I let out a small giggle that was abruptly cut of when his warm fingers made a trial down my spine. I unwittingly arched in response and let out a low moan. Harry pulled back and gave me a smug smile.

"How was that?" he asked.

He was still holding me close and his minty breath tickled my nostrils and lips. I attempted to respond but my normally quick thinking mind had been switched off by that little stunt that he just pulled. When my mouth opened and closed for a third time, Harry finally seemed to take pity on me, silencing my attempts with another long addictive kiss. After a minute or so he pulled back and gave me a soft smile.

"We should probably go, it's getting pretty late."

"Yeah," I said, removing my arms from around his neck as he pulled away and running a hand nervously though my hair.

"So… next week sometime?"

I bit my lip and looked down. "Yes," I answered before my reasonable side could stop me. "Once again it depends on Ron's schedule… so, I guess the day's still up in the air."

"Okay, that sounds good. So I guess we should head out."

"Right."

He reached forward and plucked his bag from the table. "Are you coming?" he asked throwing me a curious look when he noticed that I hadn't gathered my things.

"Uhh… not yet, I still have a bit more studying."

He frowned. "It's almost curfew -can't you just study in the common room?"

"Sure, I'll finish up there, but there's something I needed to do here first," I responded.

`Like get my bloody hormones under control,' I thought, disconcerted at how greatly I had been affected by this little encounter. Not to mention the fact that Harry didn't really seem affected at all -how did he cool off so quickly? …

`Has he read that book?' I thought frowning.

"Hermione?"

"I'll be along in a few minutes Harry, go on. I'll meet you in the common room soon, okay?"

Harry opened his mouth to argue but halted at my severe look. "Fine," he conceded throwing his bag over his shoulder. "But if you take too long I'm getting my cloak and coming back for you."

I smiled, "That won't be necessary."

He arched a brow but once again remained silent. Then before I could comment he leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on my lips before standing and making his way out of the room.

`Oh, why did he have to do that? Just as I was starting to regain my senses he hauls off and kisses me… and it was such a gentle kiss too. It held so much… -no, no dangerous thought there Hermione, cut it out.' I gave a frustrated groan and looked at the fire, `I could do this. I was almost an adult. I could handle at least one more lesson with Harry it was no big deal.' I took a deep breath, `none at all it just required cool, logical thinking. I could do that, after all people often referred to me as the smartest witch of my age…' I sighed, and grazed my still tingling lips with my fingers.

But you know what diary? Smart is not exactly the word I would use to describe myself right now…

A.N. *lol* Is it me or are these lessons too short? *grin* Don't worry the next one is coming. I want to thank all of you awesome people who review! I don't know if you realize it but for every 100 or so reads I only get 1 review so it means a lot for those of you who take the time out to let me know what you think. In fact I update on this site so often because the reviews are given so quickly so kudos! And don't forget to review this chapter, I look forward to hearing what you think!! Ja ne!

-->