Unofficial Portkey Archive

Redemption by usako99
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Redemption

usako99

Redemption

Comfort

I sat on the old, worn couch and studied my fingers. In the distance, I could hear a flurry of activity as people talked, laughed, sung, joked, and played games, yet I found myself unable to partake of the festivities as thought after thought assaulted my mind. Since Tiff and mine's fight earlier this week, things have been a bit tense between us. Though I apologized over and over again for hexing her and she accepted, there was still an invisible barrier that stopped us from resuming the friendship we once had. I still couldn't believe what I did or some of the things I said to her anymore than I could believe the reason behind why I had said them. I also couldn't get over what she had said to me… I constantly found myself wondering if she was right. Was I just undesirable?

"Hey honey," my dad said taking a seat on the couch next to me. I shifted slightly as the cushions depressed from his weight and offered him a weak smile. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, of course," I sighed smiling a bit brighter now.

"Well good, it's supposed to be the happiest time of the year. I'd hate to see my little girl down in the mouth."

I smiled again, "I'm fine daddy."

"Good," he said patting my hands. "Well…"

I arched a brow at him, "Well?"

"I… had a chance to talk with Harry and Ron -they told me about Tiffany-"

"Dad-"

"Now, now sweetie," he cut in, "I'm not going to lecture you or anything. I just want you to do me a small favor."

I sighed and gave him a `go ahead' look.

"Keep an eye on them for me will you? She has no idea what a man like him is capable of," he said shaking his head lightly.

I found my self startled when the intense urge to defend Draco shot through me. Taking a deep breath and releasing it in order to center myself, I just nodded, "Of course daddy."

"That's m'girl," my dad said, giving me a light kiss on the head. "Well it looks like you're in the perfect spot."

"Oh really?" I asked giving him a confused look.

"Yep, it's almost time to open the customary Christmas Eve present and you're right by the tree," he gave a mirthful laugh and winked at me. "George and Ron are going to be positively green with envy."

I flushed at the term as an image of a smirking Draco flashed before me. "Yeah," I agreed smiling weakly.

"Just do me a favor and pick your old man's present, I think it's something you'll really enjoy."

I nodded, "Of course daddy."

"Good," he gave me another kiss on the head before standing. "I'll go round up the troops."

-----------

An hour later, the sound in the room was near deafening as friends and family gathered around talking and opening their one selected Christmas Eve present. I smiled at my dad and gave him a hug upon opening the package from him and mum -it contained a Muggle laptop. He told me with a wide grin that he had heard that they were quite the crack amongst Muggle reporters and he didn't see why I wouldn't be able to use it in my work. He was sure that with Tiffany's help, I would have it down in no time. I just smiled and said that he was right before mumbling `if she's willing to talk to me' under my breath. Luckily, he didn't hear me as mum gained his attention by exclaiming loudly about the new pair of earrings he had gotten her.

I was fiddling around with my new gift when suddenly the noise stopped. Surprised, I looked up and noticed that everyone was looking in the same direction. Following their looks, my gaze rested on a couple at the far end of the room. Hermione sat in a chair, her hand over her mouth and tears in her eyes, my brows rose as I noticed Harry kneeling before her on one knee. From the distance I could not hear what he was saying, but then again, I didn't need to. The love and adoration shining in Hermione's tear filled eyes told me all I needed to know. My heart sped up a moment later when she nodded and held out her hand. I watched mutely as Harry slid a large diamond ring onto her finger then pulled her against him for a deep kiss.

A chorus of cheers rang through the living room as the couple stood. They were immediately descended upon with a bunch of claps on the backs, hugs and well wishes. I watched the whole scene in a detached manner, the blood rushing through my ears at a near deafening volume. Feeling a bit queasy and desperately alone, I closed my eyes and disappeared with a low pop.

****************

I sat in my green lounger watching a film on the Television that Tiffany had convinced me to buy a couple of weeks ago. Shoveling a bit of popcorn into my mouth, I stared silently at the screen, trying to focus on what the actors were saying to one another, but I couldn't stop my mind from wandering. It was a little after eight pm on Christmas Eve, and I was sitting alone in my flat watching Muggle films. How pathetic was that?

I had had a few options other than what I was doing. Tiffany offered for me to spend Christmas at her house, but I declined. I had only been interacting with Muggles for the last couple of months and I had absolutely no idea how to be around them for long periods of time. Besides, there were a lot of Muggle habits and traditions that I had yet to see and I didn't want to come off as a total dolt by doing the wrong thing or asking a question about something that they would deem to be common sense. Another option was to find a really good pub and get completely pissed, but drinking alone sucks arse. Besides, I don't fancy spending Christmas day hugging the plopper, so that idea was immediately nixed as soon as it came.

There had also been the option for me to go to the states to visit my mother and father. However, after flooing with them a few days ago, I quickly realized that that was not a good idea. Mother still wanted me to come back and would probably spend my whole time there pressuring me to do so. While father would probably find some way to cancel my return ticket so that I wouldn't have any choice but to stay there since I was not very well versed on international apparation. As much as I missed my parents, I couldn't leave England -at least not yet. I still felt as though I had unfinished business here.

An image of fiery red hair spread out over a smooth black tabletop appeared before me and I closed my eyes. `This is not about her,' I told myself, `it's about me. I still had some things to figure out about me.'

I shook my head and opened my eyes looking back at the screen, when the leading man grabbed the leading lady and began to snog her senseless, I groaned and grabbed the remote shutting the crap off. It was not helping. Sighing, I leaned forward; flipping through the DVD's until I found a film that looked like it contained the correct amount of violence and lack of romance. Nodding lightly to myself, I stood and started to make my way to the player before coming to an abrupt halt when I heard the pop of apparation inside of my flat.

Turning my head quickly, I was shocked to see Ginny Weasley standing just behind my couch, her hands lightly touching the back and a frown on her face.

"Ever heard of knocking, Red?" I asked tossing the film onto the coffee table and slowly approaching her. She shrugged, but didn't comment. "Don't you have some type of family thing to be at? I thought you guys did some type of big celebration at The Hovel every Christmas?"

She bit her lip and nodded before letting her head fall.

"Come on Red, you're weirding me out… what's wrong?" I asked walking around the couch and approaching her.

"Nothing," she whispered speaking for the first time since her arrival. "Everything's just fucking peachy."

I nodded slowly, "Yes, well that is your `just fucking peachy' tone of voice. So I completely believe you," I commented drolly.

She looked at me and glared, "Shut up Malfoy."

I rolled my eyes, "Why are you here Weasley?"

She huffed and looked down at her hands that were on the back of my sofa, "I just wanted to be the first to tell you the great news."

"And that would be?" I inquired crossing my arms over my chest and raising a brow.

"That would be… that they're getting married," she breathed before looking at me once more with a brittle smile on her features. "Isn't it wonderful?"

"Depends on who `they' are," I replied.

She blinked several time before frowning, "Harry and Hermione," she said, the fake smile returning, "He proposed tonight and she said yes."

"Ahh," I commented nodding lightly.

"Ahh? Is that all you have to say?"

"What do you want me to say?"

"I don't know… but `Ahh' is not sufficient," she frowned, "how about -`wow' or `wonderful' or `that's great'?"

My brows furrowed and I studied her face, "Is it?"

"Is it what?"

"Great?" I quizzed, reaching out and pushing her hair from her eyes, she turned towards my touch.

"Of course it is… right?" she looked up at me, her brows drawing together.

I shrugged, "I don't know… but I'll tell you what I do know."

Ginny's brows raised, "What?"

"That between Potter and Granger, any kids they have -are going to have really fucked up hair."

Ginny's mouth dropped and she stared at me for a moment before a chuckle burst from between her lips. She then began to laugh in earnest, her eyes shining and her face regaining some of the color it had been missing upon her appearance.

"You are just incorrigible, Blondie," she grinned.

"No I'm just right," I shrugged sitting on the back of the couch and watching her. When her laughter subsided, I grabbed her by her hand and pulled her down next to me, "Are you alright?"

She sighed and laid her head on my shoulder, "Yeah… I think so. I dunno, I think I may have been in a bit of shock."

I nodded lightly and distractedly placed my arm around her shoulders, smiling to myself when she burrowed against me. "Has that shock receded or do I need to slap you?"

She pulled back and arched a brow at me, "I thought you didn't slap women?"

I shrugged, "For you, I'm willing to make an exception."

She snorted and rolled her eyes, "Gee thanks," she muttered returning her head to my shoulder. We sat in comfortable silence for several minutes, each lost in our own thoughts, until she spoke once more. "Draco?"

My brows rose, "Uh-oh, this must me serious," she pulled back and looked at me and I smirked. "You actually used my name."

"Shut up," she muttered, blushing and looking down.

I gave a miniscule smile, "What is it, Ginny?"

She looked back at me when I said her name before looking down once more, "I was just wondering if you could answer a question for me?" she muttered.

"Sure. Boy that was easy. Next time think up a harder question," I teased.

She gave me an annoyed look and hit my leg, "You know that wasn't the question."

I shrugged, "Fine, so what's the question?"

She sighed, shifting uncomfortably for a moment before standing and walking towards the dining room. "I…" she sighed again and walked back towards the couch, running a hand through her long unbound hair, "I was wondering…"

"You were wondering?" I pressed standing from the back of the sofa and dipping my head to peer at her face.

She flushed a darker red and skirted around the couch. Going to the coffee table, she picked up one of the films and flipped it over to the back "Since when did you get a television?" she inquired throwing me a curious look.

I shrugged, "A couple of weeks ago -since when are you too shy to ask a question?" I countered.

She glared at me for a moment before dropping her gaze and plopping down into the arm chair.

"Come on Red, it can't be that bad. What do you want to know?"

She fidgeted with her fingers for a moment before sighing, "What's wrong with me?"

My brows knitted together -okay, that had totally not been what I was expecting. "What?"

She looked up at me her expression determined, "What's wrong with me? I'm asking you because I know you'll tell me the truth."

"I…uh… I'm not sure what you mean," I said shifting uncomfortably.

"Cut the crap Draco, you know exactly what I mean. What's wrong with me?"

I sighed and mentally cursed Potter. He was the reason I was stuck in this impossible situation right now. "I…er…okay… well, you're stubborn, pig headed, you curse like a Muggle truck driver, uh… you have the decorum of an impatient toddler at times and the temper of a cranky old man…"

She nodded as if absorbing the information then looked at me once more, "Alright, what else?"

My brows rose and I shook my head, "Uh… that's it I believe -I can't think of anything else right now."

She frowned, "Come off it Blondie, what about my looks. What's wrong with them?"

My mouth dropped slightly and I looked her over, "Well…nothing…"

She scoffed, "You're supposed to be being honest."

"I am. There's nothing wrong with the way you look."

She gave an unladylike snort as if she didn't believe me before chewing her lip and looking at the couch, "So the main reason must be my attitude," she muttered to herself.

"Main reason for what?"

Her head snapped up and she looked at me blankly for a moment before frowning, "That I'm undesirable."

I scoffed and my head fell back, she had to be fucking kidding me. "Is this about Potter?"

She glared at me, "No." I arched a brow and she flushed, "Not really, it's about guys in general."

"You've lost me here Red, what are you going on about?"

"Me," she frowned. "What's wrong with me -why nobody wants me," her voice wavered at the end of that statement and I frowned.

"What do you mean no one wants you?" I quizzed walking forward and taking a seat on the table adjacent to the chair.

She shrugged, then sniffed and I lifted her face with my fingers, my heart twisted at the sight of her tears.

"Come on Red, it's not as bad as all that. Potter may be some type of celebrity, but he's really not all that great. I mean, you can do better you know," I whispered, wiping the tears from her face with the pad of my thumb.

"It's not about him," she sniffled, "not really. I mean, it just seems that no guy really wants me for long. It's like they think they do for a moment, but then they find this beautiful brunette and move on."

"Beautiful brunette?"

She nodded, "Yeah, I mean Harry is with Hermione, Dean is dating this girl named Alyssa now, this other guy I use to date, Steven, is now dating this beautiful girl named Samantha, you-" her face flushed, "well, you know what I mean."

I shook my head, "Not really."

She groaned, "Stop being daft, Draco! What about me is desirable? My skin is too pale, my legs are too skinny, and my chest is too small, my hair is this horrible red-"

"I like your hair," I interrupted running my fingers through her soft tresses.

"You called it atrocious less than a week ago!" she exclaimed.

I shrugged, "I was kidding I think your hair is beautiful."

"We-well, then you're mental," she commented in a breathy tone.

"Perhaps," I said cocking my head to the side, "because I also like your skin," I lightly caressed her cheek, "not to mention you legs," I squeezed her thighs and she gasped. "They're perfect, strong too," I slid off the table and knelt before her, "I love the way they feel wrapped around me," I murmured; her eyes went wide. "As for your chest," my fingers slid along her stomach and rib cage and she sucked in a sharp breath, "I think they're a great size," I cupped her. "They fill my hands perfectly," I finished, rubbing my thumbs over her nipples, Ginny moaned lightly.

"S-stop it," she whispered huskily, "you're just saying that…"

"Am I?" I inquired, moving my hands from her breasts to her waist, "You know I wish you had told me that you were undesirable sooner," I moved closer and lightly brushed her neck with the tip of my nose. "Maybe it would have stopped me from fantasizing about you every waking moment. Then, I would have been able to actually do something of substance with my days."

Her hands came lightly to my shoulders and her head fell back as my lips caressed her neck. I ran my tongue lightly along the side of her neck, then up to her ear before taking the lobe between my teeth and nibbling. She sighed against me and griped my shoulders tighter.

"Draco," she whispered in my ear.

"That's right Red, say my name," I replied licking her earlobe and lightly caressing her breasts. "You might as well get use to it."

She just moaned and arched against me as my hand went under the light sweater she was wearing and gave her a gentle squeeze. When her hands went to the front of my pants, my hands caught them and I pulled back, looking down at her.

"None of that," I said firmly. At her confused look, I offered a crooked grin, "Tonight we're going to take it slow. I want to make sure you are aware of every action, reaction, and decision that you make tonight. I want you to recall vividly every detail of everything that we do."

Her eyes darkened and she bit her lip.

"Do you want me, Ginny?" I asked, my hands lightly squeezing her warm thighs; she nodded. "Say it." I commanded, "I want to hear the words."

Her eyes widened momentarily and she exhaled slowly, "I want you," she said softly, but surely.

I flashed a quick grin before capturing her lips in a deep kiss; she was like cinnamon -hot and explosive in my mouth, though with a hint of sweetness. Gripping her thighs, I stood from the floor. Ginny threw her arms around my neck and wrapped her legs around my waist, holding on tightly as I made my way out of the living room and to my bedroom. Walking through the open doorway, I deposited her softly onto the king size bed before pulling back and looking down at her. Her chest was rising and falling quickly, her eyes were hooded, lips swollen, and her red hair was fanned out against my soft silk sheets.

Almost groaning with need, I placed my hands at the hem of her shirt and slowly began to work it over her head, my mouth leaving a trail of hot kisses along the path. Once her shirt was gone, I stared at the lacy red bra the she wore underneath and leaned forward kissing the part of her breasts that muffined out from the top of it. Taking several deep breaths to refocus, I quickly divested her of her boots, and then unbuttoned the dark jeans that she was wearing and slipped them from her creamy hips. Instantly, her supple white legs were visible once more; womanly and curving they seemed to proceed for days before coming to an end at a lacy pair of red knickers. I almost exploded right there upon seeing the moisture that was already staining the flimsy garment, but in the end managed to restrain myself.

Instead, I ran my hands along her thighs and stomach, flittering my fingers lightly over her breasts and collarbone before cupping her face. "You are so incredibly beautiful," I whispered.

Her eyes fluttered closed for a moment then opened again, her gaze shining with emotions I didn't fully understand or really expect to see.

"Let's see how beautiful you are," she whispered in a husky tone that made my already hard body stiffen a bit more.

Her long fingers went to my shirt and I bent forward so that she could slide it over my head. Before I could pull back, her lips and tongue were on my chest, leaving my skin flushed and tingling where she made contact. Her fingers trailed lightly down my back in soft butterfly caresses that made me shudder beneath them. When they came to a halt at the waist of my pants, I stood fully and watched as she slipped her fingers into the waistband. Her hands stopped momentarily, choosing to instead run over my obvious arousal.

"Don't," I whispered harshly when she gave me a wicked grin from beneath long lashes and licked her lips.

Normally, I would be all for it, but I wanted tonight to be about her. Grabbing her hands, I placed them back at my waistband and she laughed huskily before slipping her fingers into the band once more. As she started to pull, I grabbed her wrist.

"Hold on, you've got my boxers tangled in there too."

She gave me an impish grin, "I know," she smirked, "when I said I wanted to see how beautiful you were -I meant all of you."

I scoffed lightly and gave her a slow smile before dipping my head in concurrence. After all, I had nothing to hide or be ashamed of, so why the hell not?

"Nice," she breathed after she had gotten my pants off. "Very, very, very nice."

I smirked at her, "You were expecting less?"

"Not at all," she shook her head, "I knew what to expect, I've felt it…" she purred lying back on the bed and arching her back.

I chuckled, "And you will again," I replied, leaning over and kissing her deeply.

We continued to kiss and touch one another for I don't know how long, my lips caressing every part of her face from her lips to her lashes and my tongue licking and lapping at every drop of sweat that appeared on her soft skin. Her hands slid up and down my back occasionally lightly scraping me with her nails and her body bucked and arched beneath my own.

"Draco," she panted in my ear while her hands gripped my bum.

My hands were also clasping the soft feminine curves of her supple behind as I held her still and grinded my hardness against her. She moaned and arched a bit more as I grazed her neck with my teeth and her fingers gripped my arse, determined to pull me closer to her while her hips rode me as if I were already inside of her.

"Draco, now, please, now," she moaned and I quickly obliged.

I wouldn't be able to last much longer if we kept this up, and though I had not doubt that if I did explode, it would only take Ginny a minute or two at most to get me wound up once more. I didn't want to miss a chance to be buried in her wet heat. Pulling back, I quickly yanked down her completely soaked red knickers and tossed them carelessly to the ground before positioning myself and sliding into her. Her hands grabbed greedily at my waist, attempting to get me to speed up. But I didn't, purposely pacing myself so that she could account for every inch of me that was inside of her. She let out a low earthy moan when I was buried to the hilt and ran her hands over my chest, her passion filled eyes locking on my own as I rocked in and out of her.

"My God Red, you look incredible," I moaned as her soft breasts bounced up and down from my movements.

I placed my hand at the base of her stomach to hold her still and began to pound a bit harder. She moaned, her head lulling to the side and hissed the word `yes', then suddenly sat up. Her hands snacked around my shoulders and she began to rock her hips hard against my own. I groaned and fell forward catching myself with one hand flying quickly to the mattress, then before I knew it, I was on my back and she was straddling me.

"My turn," she breathed before bouncing up and down.

"Shite," I moaned driving my head back into the mattress and holding on firmly to her hips as she bounced and rode me like an accomplished equestrian.

When I opened my eyes and saw her riding me, her fiery red hair falling into her lovely pale face, her round breasts jutting out and jiggling from the movements and her pink lips trapped between her teeth I doubted I could last any longer. And when she moved her hands from my chest to squeeze hers -I knew I couldn't.

Determined not to go alone, I reached up and grabbed her shoulders, hauling her against my chest I braced my feet on the side of the bed and drove into her fast and hard. After several thrusts, she stiffened and cried out against me, my name tumbling from her lips once again as it had countless times tonight. Feeling her spasm around me, and then wetness cover me, was the last straw. With a strangled yell and a small moan of her name I emptied myself into her and closed my eyes to the world.

A.N. Steamy!! And go Harmony!! My other favorite ship ^.^ What do you think? Hot enough? Please Review and let me know. Ja!

-->