Unofficial Portkey Archive

Strangers in the Night by lilymione1203
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Strangers in the Night

lilymione1203

A/N: This story was inspired by Frank Sinatra's "Strangers in the Night." This is just the first chapter; I only plan on having maybe five- I only had time to write out this beginning. I should have the rest up this weekend sometime. The title will make sense later I PROMISE but for now it seems kind of odd. Promise the fic won't be too long, for me it's hard sometimes to read those fifty chapter ones lol (most are REALLY good but mine don't tend to be). Anyway, tell me what you think, I hope you like it!!

STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT

Strangers in the night exchanging glances-

wond'ring in the night, what were the chances

we'd be sharing love

before the night was through?

Something in your eyes was so inviting.

Something in your smile was so exciting.

Something in my heart

told me I must have you.

Strangers in the night- two lonely people,

we were strangers in the night

up to the moment

when we said our first hello.

Little did we know,

that love was just a glance away,

a warm embracing dance away and-

Ever since that night, we've been together-

lovers at first sight, in love forever.

It turned out so right,

for strangers in the night.

-Frank Sinatra

Lily Evans sat in the middle of a long mahogany table, chatting merrily with the three or four girls around her. Beams of golden sunlight shined through the majestic enchanted ceiling, and a swarm of owls suddenly swooped overhead, carrying an assortment of parcels and letters to those down below.

The pretty young witch with the long crimson hair laughed delightfully and gently swept a fiery lock behind her ears. Emerald eyes twinkling, she daintily brushed a hand to her face while continuing her charming giggles. She absent-mindedly glanced down the end of the Gryffindor breakfast table, possibly to see if anyone was watching her, and continued to converse with the boisterous brunette to her right.

Little did she know someone was watching her, just like he did every morning. And yet she never seemed to notice.

"Prongs, you're pathetic, mate. I mean really really pathetic. Pass the scrambled eggs?"

"He's been like this for two weeks straight-"

"More like seven years straight. Pass the marmalade?"

"Well it's never been this bad. And-HEY- that's not the marmalade that's my plate! Gimme that, Padfoot, Merlin's beard."

"Sorry, ol' chap, hand must've slipped."

"Yeah and Lily's madly in love with James."

"What?" A boy with hazel eyes and jet-black hair snapped his head up at attention, rapidly shaking his head from left to right. His dark tousled locks fell behind his thin bullion frames as James Potter finally came back to reality.

"Thought that might get your attention. NO, Padfoot, that hashbrown is mine," Remus snapped as Sirius rolled his charcoal eyes in annoyance, rather forcefully dropping said hashbrown in the process.

"Where's Peter?" James inquired, squinting his eyes as he searched the Great Hall.

"Where's James, HE hasn't been here all morning either. Just been poor Moony and me, left with nothing to talk about but our poor lovesick idiot of a friend."

"That was charming that was."

"I try."

"Both of you, please, we have a real issue to discuss- Prongs is losing it. We all know why, and I think it's about time we do something about it," Remus said with impatience.

"We are doing something about it. We're watching him play the part of a lonely lovesick puppy pining over a dame that's too good for him. It's quite entertaining really."

"Really, Padfoot? Really? Are you just trying to get me to hex you within an inch of your life or are you just feeling particularly lucky today?"

"Why, I feel lucky every day, Prongsie. All I have to do is look at you."

"ARRGGHHH-"

"Wait-" Remus piped up at a very critical moment: James was standing on one leg with Sirius in a headlock, the other leg pinning down Sirius' lower extremities. Sirius, on the other hand, had a mouth full of toast and pumpkin juice, and looked as though his eyes were about to bulge out of his head.

"Why don't you take a look at the other end of the table…"

Shifting their heads to the left, James immediately released Sirius' gasping skull- only for it to smack in to the table with a 'thud.' Lily was no longer speaking with her friends, but quietly leaving the Great Hall with none other than Hufflepuff captain and seeker, Benjy Fenwick.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

A/N: This was just James' side of the story. You'll get to know Lily's end in the future. Most of this was just humor, I simply ADORE the marauders and I haven't written a piece where they have much dialogue. It's so FUN! I hope you liked it, I would LOVE lots of feedback before posting the remaining chapters. Thanks a ton!! -lilymione1203