Unofficial Portkey Archive

Magique by the_real_mrs_potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Magique

the_real_mrs_potter

A/N: This week has gone by so fast! I'm leaving for college in 4 days and am scared shitless. I really hope that I'll adjust well and will be able to update as well as lead a normal life. I hope to talk to you guys soon but can't make any promises. Check out my Tumblr for some insight to what I'm up to and other things. Until then, I'm sure this chapter will be more than satisfactory until the next update. Or not.

Disclaimer: Harry Potter isn't mine, nor is anything else related to it. I only claim ownership over the plot, and even then I take inspiration from many other things.

Enjoy!

-

Magique
Chapter 14: Stay With Me

"Sirius… SIRIUS!"

Sirius turned around to see his godson running to catch up with him, his face a dark shade of red and tearstains across both cheeks. He stopped and waited for the young prince to catch up with him.

He was short of breath as he stood in front of him. "Sirius we need-Ë®

"Not here." He interrupted, looking around at the few servants who were cleaning one of the nearby rooms. "Follow me."

Sirius led them into his private chambers, the one place in the castle he knew they could not be overheard. He shut the double doors behind them and murmured a silencing charm, just like he did a few days ago when Harry had nearly knocked down his door. He turned to see the young prince pacing the room.

"Harry, I know that you're upset - we all are - but please let me speak before you can go off yelling and screaming about how life is unfair, alright?"

Harry stopped in his tracks and glared at his godfather. "I was not going to-Ë®

"Ah ah." Sirius cut him off with one finger held in the air. "Me first. Sit." He pointed his finger down to the sofa a few feet to his right. Harry complied, mumbling angrily to himself.

Sirius pulled up a chair from the other side of the room and placed it directly in front of where Harry was sitting. Taking a seat, he leaned forward, bracing his elbows on his knees and staring Harry directly on. He looked even more miserable up close. The hurt in his vacant eyes alone was enough to break Sirius's heart. He had never seen him like this. But he knew he had to press forward if they were going to get anywhere.

"I want you to know that the Court originally planned to place her in exile from Hogwarts." He started, his tone bitter. "It was pure luck that I convinced them to banish her from Gryffindor instead, saying she posed no threat to the land as a whole."

"She still leaving," Harry said. "No matter where she's banished from, she's leaving, Sirius."

"I know." Sirius said, bowing his head. "It's completely unjust for the Court to do that to someone who is innocent but, unfortunately, neither Hermione nor I have been on good terms with them. If I had my way I would forbid the lot of them for having any say in the politics of Hogwarts. The way they manhandled her out of the ballroom like a wild animal was just…" He trailed off, recalling the horrendous scene in his mind.

After Harry and Hermione had made a brief contact with each other, the guards had pulled them apart, escorting them to separate ends of the hall. Harry was held near the Court's raised platform while Hermione was dragged out the entrance, the guards seeming to have no regard that she was still a human being. Harry struggled even after Hermione had been "escorted" out of the room, while Hermione had put on a brave face, though everyone who paid attention to her departure saw that she hadn't stopped crying since she had been pulled away from Harry.

"Where did they take her?" Harry asked, his voice beginning to shake.

Sirius hesitated. "She had been placed in the lower towns while her possessions are gathered."

"How long will that take?"

"They'll be finished by morning." Sirius said solemnly.

Harry buried his face in his hands as he fought back the rapidly gathering tears behind his eyes. After a moment of silence, he looked back up to see Sirius looking at him sadly. With a newfound determination, Harry stood up.

"I'm going after her."

Sirius looked at him in shock. "Are you mad? You could get caught! Your right to the throne could be revoked."

"I don't care." Harry said, looking at Sirius with hard eyes. "I'll revoke my title."

"You will do no such thing!" Sirius said, standing up to stare the younger man in the eyes.

"I'll do it for her." His tone remained even, letting Sirius know that he had every intention to do so.

"What, so you can run away together and live happily ever after?" Sirius asked sardonically, his temper beginning to rise. "You have a duty to your kingdom, Harry. I know in your mind you think that Hermione is worth it and I agree that she is an amazing woman but you can't revoke your title. Without you, Gryffindor would be in turmoil."

"I don't even want to be king." Harry said. "I'd be rubbish at it anyway."

"Don't say that." Sirius said, his voice turning soft. "You're a natural leader. It's in your blood. If you're half the man that your father was, you can run this kingdom with an iron fist. I've seen you in action during the war; I fought alongside you for Merlin's sake! What you did then proves that there is no one better for the job."

Harry clenched his jaw, knowing that he had a point. He had trained his entire life to rule over Gryffindor. People had been counting down the days until his coronation since he had turned sixteen. He was rumored to be the best ruler Gryffindor had ever seen. Was he really willing to give that up?

For Hermione, he would.

He sunk back into the cushions of the sofa. No matter how much he wanted to, he knew that she would never forgive him if he did. She had been his most avid supporter since they had become friends. If she ever found out that he had considered giving up his title for her, she would be livid.

"Thinking about what Hermione would say?" Sirius asked knowingly.

Harry nodded. "She would never forgive me if I gave up my title. She's told me for years how great she thinks I'll become when I inherit the crown… I've never really believed her."

"Of course you haven't." Sirius said wistfully. "You never really admit to yourself the impact you have on people. That is what's going to make you a great king."

Harry sighed. "I can't just let her go, Sirius."

"I know." Sirius answered, sitting back down on his chair. "The best we can hope for is sneaking around. And I know that is simply beneath your standards."

Harry smirked, seeing the twinkle in his godfather's eyes. He leaned forward, speaking in a low voice. "Is my invisibility cloak still in the Courts custody?"

"Not as of an hour ago." Sirius answered slyly.

~*~

Hermione sat on the cold bed sheets in silence, the last of her tears dripping down her chin. She had spent the majority of her time in this position after she had been thrown into her temporary residence. It was pitiful, she knew, but it took too much effort to hold back the jostle of emotions that were running through her body. Being strong when no one else was around was pointless. She had just been banished from the only home she had left, forced to leave behind her friends, her title, and most of all Harry. Harry, her best friend and the man she loved with all her heart. The thought of being without him was enough to break any piece of her heart she had left.

She wanted to curse all of the Court within an inch of their lives, save for Sirius, Amos, and Xenophilius, who seemed to be the only ones on her side. But she knew hard feelings wouldn't do anything but upset her further. There was no way that she could touch any member of the Court after this, so why even bother fantasizing about getting revenge? There was no point.

She had been locked inside this prison cell for hours now, though she could remember being thrown into the house like it had just transpired. Her arms were already becoming sore in result of the roughness the guards had used on her, though she stopped struggling after they left the grand ballroom. She had no doubt there would be bruises there in the morning.

She looked around the room ruefully. The atmosphere wasn't doing anything to calm her. In fact, it was strengthening the tears that had been pouring out ever since she arrived. For she wasn't sitting in some random abandoned house in the lower towns, she was sitting in what remained of her old home.

After her parents had been murdered, she had returned here only once to collect what remained of her belongings. The living area had been destroyed as well as half the kitchen, telling her that there had been a struggle. Now both areas were repaired but never lived in. The house remained empty after all these years, much to her astonishment. The rooms upstairs, which consisted of her bedroom, her parent's bedroom, and a bathroom, remained untouched save for the few items Hermione had taken back to the castle with her. It was exactly as she remembered it, which made it all the more easy for her to curl up in her old bed and cry.

A loud clap of thunder sounded and Hermione flinched. She looked out the window and saw rain pouring down from the twilight sky. She clutched the covers to herself. She hated being alone when there was a storm. The fact that she was in her old home didn't do much to aid that, either. Images of a hoard of Death Eaters breaking down her door invaded her mind. She felt her body shake with fear. Another crackle of thunder erupted and she whimpered, hugging herself tightly.

She tried to think calming thoughts - Fred and George's infamous pranks, Molly's cooking, Harry's smile, Ron's hugs, Sirius winking and telling her everything was going to be alright, her parents waving and smiling at her. The images helped and she tried not to let them turn blue, knowing that after tonight memories were all she would have lest of those she held dear. She couldn't let herself dwell on that now, not during a storm.

She continued fighting the presence of the storm with ailing thoughts until the rain faded into a drizzle and the loud noises of the thunder were well gone. By the time this happened, the sky was black and she had to force herself up to light a few candles throughout the room. She had been given her wand back after the trial. Well, more like it was shoved into her hands as they left the castle. But still, it felt nice having it in her possession again. She ventured downstairs to light a fire in the fireplace as well, knowing she had nothing else better to do. After a few lingering minutes downstairs, she decided to get ready for bed.

She took a long bath, relishing in the warm water against her skin. It had been days since her last wash and the relaxing effect of a nice bath was just what she needed. After she was finished, she found a towel to wrap around herself as she washed her teeth and dried her hair.

When she was finished, she returned to her room and looked through her armoire, hoping to find something more comfortable to slip into. It was empty, save for a dust bunny on the bottom drawer. She sighed, not wanting to sleep in the dirty dress she had worn in her time at the dungeon. She should have just kept on her nightgown instead of asking Ron to fetch a dress for her to wear for the trial.

Not wanting to sleep in the nude, the thought made her uncomfortable though she knew she was very much alone, she tried to think of another solution. Suddenly, a thought came to her and she padded down the hall into her parent's old room. She sucked in a breath as she saw the contents of the room for the first time in four years. Their bed was still covered with her mother's favorite quilt, consisting of an elegant pattern stitched with green and blue patches of fabric. The side tables on either end of the bed were both covered with a single candelabrum and a few knickknacks. The armoire to the side was carved from the same dark wood as the bed and the tables, completing the set. It still smelled like them.

Pressing her lips together, she took another step into the room. Soon, she found herself in front of the armoire and she reached to pull the second drawer out. What awaited her was a pile of her mother's old nightgowns, neatly folded as if she had just put them away. She tenderly picked up the first one at the top of the pile and let it unfold as she held it out in front of her. She remembered her mother wearing this one on occasion and it always puzzled her because it was so plain, yet beautiful. All of the others in her mother's collection had some sort of pattern stitched on it or more trimming, but this particular nightgown was made of crème-colored lace with three drawstrings at the neckline, creating teardrop-pattered opening at her chest. Of all the clothing her mother had worn, this item in particular reminded Hermione of her - simple, yet beautiful.

Taking a pair of undergarments as well, Hermione slipped into the ensemble. She hugged the material of the nightgown to her, relishing in the feel of it against her skin. She breathed in heavily, smelling her mother's lavender perfume. Though if it was really there, she did not know, nor did she care. With a small smile gracing her lips, she returned to her room, throwing the towel in a bin just outside the bathroom to be taken care of later.

She returned to her room to hear a strange clicking sound coming from the window. It passed after a moment and she shook her head, passing it off as nothing. She began to make a circle around the room, extinguishing the candles when she heard it again. Her head snapped to the window and she walked there quickly. She looked outside but saw nothing but the downpour of rain, not a single drop of hail or anything else that could have made that noise. She had nearly given up hope of finding the source when she heard it again, this time accompanied by the image of a pebble colliding with the glass. She looked down and her heart stopped.

It was Harry.

Their eyes met and he pointed to the door. She nodded and sprinted down the stairs as fast as she could, grabbing a candle to light her way. When she reached the door, she did her best not to throw it open. Taking a few deep breaths, she turned the handle and looked outside. Harry was standing on her front doorstep, completely soaked from the rain. His white shirt was clinging to his body and she could see the faint outline of his muscles through the fabric. She inhaled a breath and looked in his eyes.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

She answered by stepping aside and pulling the door open enough to let him pass through. When he was safely inside, she shut it behind her and placed the candle she had been holding on a nearby table. Harry had walked over to the fireplace and was staring into the embers. She joined him and he turned to face her. The intensity in his eyes was enough to make her melt.

"I need to tell you something - something I should have said a long time ago." He began, taking a step toward her so that their bodies were nearly touching.

Hermione held her breath. Was this the moment?

His eyes bore into hers and she had to remind herself to breathe. He licked his lips and spoke the three words she had been waiting to hear for what seemed to be her entire life. "I love you."

"Oh, Harry." She said, taking the final step and warping her arms around him in a tight embrace. "I love you, too."

He grinned and tilted her head to meet their gazes once more. Caressing her cheek, he leaned down and captured her lips in a heated kiss. She responded automatically and tightened her grip on him, not caring that the wetness of his shirt was beginning to soak through her nightgown. Tentatively, he traced the hem of her lips with his tongue and she granted him access. She could now taste him fully for the first time in far too long.

Feeling bold, Hermione lowered her hands and played with the bottom of Harry's shirt, feeling the wet skin hidden underneath. He reacted to her touch immediately, letting out a hum of pleasure that she felt in their kiss. After a moment of innocent caresses, Hermione felt the urge to take things further - further than she had ever dared to go with him. It was there last night together, she reminded herself. This could very well be her last chance to be with him. So, with a growing sense of anticipation, she began to inch up the fold of Harry's shirt and pulled it off of his body, breaking their kiss.

He stared at her with dark eyes and she responded by kissing the bare skin of his pectoral softly. He ran his hand through her hair and pulled her lips back to his in another searing kiss before she broke it off abruptly. He gave her a questioning look but she simply grabbed his hand and led him upstairs.

When they reached the second-floor landing, Hermione walked the short distance to her bedroom and went inside, letting go of Harry's hand when they were both in the room. She shut the door behind them and walked over to the bed, gesturing for Harry to join her. They both sat down on the mattress and Harry turned to face her.

"Are you sure?" He asked quietly.

"I've never been surer of anything in my life." She answered with a smile.

Returning her expression, Harry leaned in and joined their lips once more. He pressed her into the cool mattress and placed himself in-between her legs, continuing to kiss her with growing passion. His lips left hers and he trailed a pattern of father light kisses that trailed down to her neck. She sighed as he found her pressure point and dipped his tongue out to taste her flesh. She ran her hand down his bare back and tenderly grazed his bum, then around to the growing bundle in the front of his trousers, causing him to thrust into her hand in response. She removed her hand, wanting to tease him just as he was doing to her, and resumed tracing her fingers down his spine.

His hand trailed down her hip and settled on the clothed part of her thigh. She felt her body respond immediately and gently nudged him with her hips, begging him to continue his trek. He obliged and slid his hand under the lacy fabric, cupping her womanhood. She let out a guttural noise from the back of her throat as he caressed her through the fabric of her undergarments. His teasing continued only for a few moments and Hermione let out a mew of protest as he removed his hand.

He detached his lips from her neck and looked at the three drawstrings that covered her chest. She felt her stomach flutter as he untied each string with gentle ease. He then pushed the fabric aside and revealed her pert breast to the cool air. He stared for a moment, but quickly took her nipple into his mouth and sucked. She hitched a breath at the feel of his warm lips upon the sensitive spot on her skin. He licked, nipped, and caressed each of her breasts in turn until she couldn't bear it anymore. Threading her fingers through his hair, she gently pulled his head up and gave him a tender kiss. He took the hint and soon, the rest of their clothes were discarded.

Soon, they both lay naked on the bed, facing each other. Hermione reached out a hand and caressed his shoulder, then his stomach, feeling every inch of him. Harry began to do the same, taking in the feel of her body beneath his fingertips. After a few moments of innocent caresses, Hermione took Harry's hand in hers and pulled him down on top of her. Soon, he was positioned in front of her open legs and he stared into her beautiful chocolate eyes. She raised her lips to his in a fiery kiss and he returned it with equal passion. He took the moment to place his member at her entrance and thrust forward, joining their bodies together like they had never been before.

They both moaned at the contact and Harry began to move in and out of her easily, her hips meeting his in a blissful rhythm. The feel of her inside him was unlike anything he had ever experienced before. He continued to kiss her sweet lips as they moved together in a dance only lovers knew.

Hermione moaned his name as he continued to move inside of her. She had never felt so complete in her life. The pleasure radiating between the two of them was electric. She could still hardly believe that it was Harry that was making her feel this way. But if she really thought about it, it made all the sense in the world.

She felt a building pressure begin to build up and braced herself. Soon, a wave of pleasure enveloped her and she moaned Harry's name just as he spilt himself into her. They rode the cloud of ecstasy together, murmuring each other's names along with terms of everlasting endearment. When the moment ended, Harry pulled himself out of her and collapsed at her side. When they caught their breathes, Harry hugged Hermione from behind, not wanting the warmth of her body to leave him. Hermione sighed as she felt his skin press up against hers and pulled the sheets over them.

Together, they drifted into a peaceful slumber.

~*~

Harry awoke with a wide grin on his face. Last night had been the greatest of his life. They had awoken two times throughout the night to indulge each other, neither complaining of their tiredness once they were rejoined. Harry still couldn't believe that it was all real and happening. He had never, not in his wildest dreams, thought he and Hermione would be together in such a way. Sure he had hoped for it, even fantasized about it. But now that it was true, it was unlike any feeling he had ever experienced. It was love. He and Hermione were in love and it made him feel invincible.

He reached over to gently embrace her but held nothing but the empty air. His eyes suddenly shot open and he sat straight up, looking at the bare sheets that Hermione had once occupied. He told himself to be calm. She could easily be in the bath or making the two of them breakfast. But all thoughts, both calming and panicked, ceased when he saw a sheet of parchment atop the slightly indented pillow.

He reached over and grasped the parchment numbly, his stomach churning when he recognized the neat handwriting that decorated the page.

My Dearest Harry,

I didn't want to do this but my impending banishment from Gryffindor couldn't afford me the luxury of lying in your arms for more than a few hours. Last night was, for lack of a better word, magical. Being with you brought me such a joy that I can hardly believe it happened at all. I feel incredibly blessed to be loved by you, especially after thinking that my love was unrequited. I can't exactly pinpoint when exactly my feelings for you expanded, but I am thankful they did. Even if you hadn't returned the feelings, I would still feel honored to be your friend, which I hope to remain for a long time after this.

The Court's decision to banish me has no time limit. I am hoping that one day you or I can find a way to revoke the ruling. But until then, I suppose this is farewell. I don't know exactly where I'm going to live but I know I'll find somewhere within Hogwarts. Unfortunately, this means that I cannot tell you were I will be, not that it matters much seeing as how we're being forced apart. Perhaps I will somehow get word to you but until then just know that I'll be fine. I've always been able to take care of myself and you know that. There is no need to worry over me.

By now you're probably wondering why I didn't rouse you to say all of this. The fact of the matter is that I know you, Harry. I know that you would go to the ends of the Earth to get me to stay, even if that meant revoking your title and being banished yourself. Don't deny that you would, especially now that we've come clean about our feelings for each other. But I can't let you do that for me. You are going to be a great king and I don't want you to throw that away for anything. You would be starving your kingdom of a great ruler if you left.

I love you, Harry. And part of me knows that I always will. If I don't see you after today, I will be content knowing that we were together just once. Don't dwell on all the times we could have had but focus on the time we did have. Our friendship means more to me than anything and I wouldn't trade it for the world. And with that said, I do have one last request. If this is the last time you hear from me for more than a year, I want you to continue on with your life. I don't want you to forget about me, certainly, but I don't want your feelings for me to get in the way of other, more important, things. Promise me this, Harry. The last thing I want is for you to not live up to your full potential.

Forever yours,
Hermione

Harry read and reread the letter until he memorized every word. But even as he set it down, he couldn't stop the slew of emotions that poured out of his body. He threw the letter to the ground and kicked the bedside table, tears of anger and sorrow rolling down his face. He then sunk to his knees and let sobs overcome his body.

-->