Unofficial Portkey Archive

Things Don't Always Go as Planned by princess.harmony
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Things Don't Always Go as Planned

princess.harmony

Things Don't Always Go as Planned.

Chapter One: Goodbye

Note: I don't own Harry Potter.

Sorry, I haven't been posting up stories lately. I've been having some writers block lately and finally school is over for me which means more free time to write to you guys all summer long! Please excuse all grammatical errors because this was just an idea that came to me and I uploaded as soon as possible.

It's already been two months since I have defeated Voldemort and I still can't a decent goodnight sleep. Harry thought to himself while lying in bed tossing and turning trying to get comfortable. She has been haunting his dreams since the day he realized he was in love with her. She just keeps replaying in his mind over and over again. Her smile. Her laugh. Her touch. Her beautiful brown eyes. Her bushy brown hair. Unfortunately, she belonged to someone else and not just someone else his best friend.

Harry rose up to check what time it was. It's only two o'clock and I only got one hour of sleep. Ugh! "I got a long night ahead of me; I better get some sleep before I leave tomorrow.", Harry said to himself frustrated before falling asleep dreaming about her again.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry rushed down stairs with his luggage to say his goodbyes to everyone.

"Harry dear, you sure you don't want breakfast before you leave?", Mrs. Weasley asked as she began to set the table.

"I'm sure, I already oversleep. I don't want to miss my flight.", Harry answered.

"Well, alright.", Mrs. Weasley said while reaching over giving Harry a tight squeeze. "Be sure you write okay? And eat."

"I promise.", Harry answered while returning the hug.

"Harry, my boy. Do send me interesting muggle objects from the states.", Mr. Weasley said while putting a arm around Harry's shoulders.

"Will do."

"Great! Take care.", Mr. Weasley greeted before also giving Harry a manly hug.

"Harry! I was wondering if you will look out for a great spot to expand the store there in the states, will yah eh?", George asked.

"I'll be sure to keep my eyes open."

"Thanks, Harry!", George said while he also pulled Harry into a manly hug.

"Well, have a safe flight Harry.", Ginny said while crossing her arms flashing Harry a gentle smile.

"Thanks, Gin.", while Harry too flashed a tiny smile back.

"Harry, you aren't leaving until you said goodbye to me.", Ron said while going down the stairs.

"Of course not."

"I'm going to miss you, Harry. Write as much as you can will yah eh?"

"I'm going to miss you too, Ron. I will. Just promise me you won't hurt Hermione. I know you're my best

friend, but I'll kill you if you hurt her.", Harry threatens while giving Ron a playful punch on the arm.

"I promise, I won't.", Ron said while giving Harry a long manly hug.

"Well, Ron please tell Hermione goodbye for me. I'm already late.", Harry said.

In a blink of an eye, Harry apparated. Harry decided to take the muggle way to America; he was going to take an airplane there. He was going to start out fresh, after year by year being threatened by Voldemort. Harry wanted to experience being a nobody, just another wizard in the crowd. Harry wanted to mourn for all those who gave up their lives for him. Harry knew he wasn't going to experience any of that by staying here. Harry didn't know how long was he going to stay in America, but he knew that he will be back eventually. But there was another reason why he was leaving. That reason was to get over her. Harry knew after the battle that it was too late, they already gotten together and made it official. He hasn't seen her this happy since the war began, so decided to back-off. He didn't want to ruin her happiness, just seeing her happy is enough for him. He knew he had to get over her, before he falls even deeper in love with her.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

"Hermione. Hermione! Wake up!!", Mrs. Granger attempted to wake up Hermione.

Hermione groaned in protest while putting her pillow over her head. Please mom, five more minutes it's still early!! Please let me sleep in for once.

"Hermione, isn't Harry leaving today for America?"

"Ugh, I overslept!!", Hermione exclaimed while getting out of bed and rushed into the bathroom to get ready.

Mrs. Granger just smiled and shook her head while walking out of the room.

"Mom wipe that grin off your face!", Hermione yelled out while brushing her teeth and getting the shower running at the same time. Can't believe I'm late, I set an alarm last night. Hermione took a quick shower, before throwing on clothes and apparating to the Burrow.

"Hermione you just missed him, he left to London just a second ago.", Ron said after giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"I got to go Ron. I have to say goodbye to him before he leaves.", Hermione said before apparating to London.

Just as Hermione got to London she sees Harry hop into a cab. "Wait!! Harry!!", Hermione called out as she watch the cab drive off. Ugh, nothing is ever easy! Hermione waved and called out for a cab. She was going to apparate there, but there were too many muggles around.

"To the airport please, and step on it please.", Hermione said to the cab driver while getting in the cab.

As they were getting closer to the airport, the cab began to slow down. "Can't this cab go any faster?", Hermione asked the driver impatiently, as she constantly checking the clock.

"Sorry, but we are stuck in traffic.", He answered.

"Is there another way? Please we are almost there.", Hermione pleaded.

"Sorry, this is the only way to the airport."

"Okay. Fine!", Hermione said while handling the driver the money and stepping out of the cab. I might as well get there on foot. Hermione ran to the airport. She felt like her legs were going to fall off, but she kept going, for Harry. Hermione checked her watch, her eyes began to water as she began to think that she already missed her chance to say goodbye to Harry. Finally, Hermione arrived at the airport and caught her eye on Harry. Hermione began to make way through the crowd to get to Harry.

"Harry!! Harry!!", Hermione called out. Still he didn't notice her.

"Excuse me, but you need to get through security before getting in.", a female guard warned her.

Hermione answered with a nod before heading to the security area, never taking her eyes off Harry. It was a good thing that she wasn't wearing any jewelry, all she had to do is remove her shoes.

"Okay your free to go.", one of the workers said while passing her shoes.

After going through security Hermione attempted to yell out to Harry who just checked and was headed towards the gates. "Harry!!! Harry!!!".

"Excuse me, may I see where is your ticket?", A guard stopped her.

Crap! "I-I was just using- the bathroom. The visitors one is- closed.", Hermione lied. Please believe me. Please believe me.

"Okay, but don't go anywhere else.", the guard answered suspiciously.

"Okay." Hermione walk towards the bathrooms before making a mad dash for it while the guard was not looking.

"Harry!!!! Harry!!!!", Hermione yelled out as she saw him walk towards the plane.

"Excuse me miss, where is your ticket?", A huge bulk guard asked.

"Please, I just need to say goodbye to Harry.", Hermione begged.

"I'm sorry rules are rules." The guard said while escorting Hermione out.

"Harry!!!!! Please turn around! Harry!!!!!", Hermione cried out as loud as she could while tears ran

down her cheeks.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry heard his name and turned around to see who was calling him. He couldn't believe his eyes when he saw Hermione being escorted out by a guard as he walked to her.

"Hermione?"

"Please, let me go. I just want to say goodbye.", Hermione plead.

"Fine, but make it quick.", the guard snapped.

Hermione ran towards Harry and gave him a hug that nearly lost his balance.

"Hermione, what are you doing here?", Harry asked while he enjoyed her hug. She smelt like jasmine.

"To say goodbye to you silly.", she answered while letting go. "I'm sorry I got my tears on your shirt.", she said while trying to rub off the tear stains.

"It's okay. Don't worry about it.", Harry said while wiping her tears with his thumbs. "Now, don't cry you know I can't stand it when you cry."

"Sorry Harry, I just thought I wasn't going to say goodbye to you in person before you left."

Boy, am I going to miss her. Her hug. Those brown beautiful eyes. That jasmine smell of hers. Her touch. The way she says my name. Especially, the way she cares for me like no other. Harry cupped her face and leaned in to put his forehead on top of hers.

"Harry, I'm going to miss you.", Hermione said as she closed her eyes

"Me too, Hermione."

"Be sure to keep in touch. Write every day. Don't get yourself into trouble."

"Promise."

"Oh, Harry. When are you coming back?"

"I don't know."

"Please get back as soon as possible."

"I'll try."

"Last call for flight J-07 to America. Last call.", the announcer announced.

"I better go."

"Goodbye Harry." Hermione said as her eyes began to water again as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Goodbye Hermione. I won't be gone for good, this is more like a farewell until next time.", Harry said before kissing her on the forehead and wiping her tears once again. Finally, Harry had to torn himself away from her or else he was going to miss his flight. Hermione you aren't making this easy to say goodbye and leave.

Hermione just stood there as she watched her best friend get on the plane, not knowing when he'll be back. If this isn't goodbye, then why do I feel this ache inside my chest like I'm missing a part of me?