Unofficial Portkey Archive

Things Don't Always Go as Planned by princess.harmony
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Things Don't Always Go as Planned

princess.harmony

Things Don't Always Go as Planned

Chapter Three: Surprise Surprise!

AN: Well here you go, as promised here is an update. Hopefully, I can continue get updates up as soon as this. I can never thank you guys enough for the reviews. You guys are AWESOME! Sorry about the grammar/spelling. Well, here it is please enjoy.

Dear Hermione,

Merry Christmas Hermione. From your observations, you're probably going to get this on New Years. So Happy New Years as well. Hermione I'm so sorry to disappoint you that I'm unable to come home for Christmas. Please, don't cry. You know I can't stand you crying, let alone I'm the reason why you are crying. Believe me, I'll be home sooner than you know it.

Love Harry.

Harry quickly tie the letter on Chane's leg. "I know you just came here, but I need you to deliver this as soon as possible. Sorry. Feel free to take more owl treats before you leave."

I hope it's not too late to make things right.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

"You got everything?" an old man in his 70s, had white hair and dark brown eyes covered by thick glasses asked Harry.

"Yes Angelo." Harry answered with a simple nod of the head.

"Harry, my boy I'm going to miss you. Things won't be the same without you, but you have to do this."

"I'm going to miss you too. Yes, I know."

"Tell me how it goes. Write as soon as your home, okay?"

"I promise."

Harry and Angelo pulled into a friendly hug.

"Bye Angelo, I better get going before I miss my plane."

"Bye Harry. Remember, live life with…"

"No regrets." Harry finished with a smile.

"That's my boy." Angelo smiled back.

Harry checked in, went through security and is now waiting at his gate for the plane to arrive. Harry took a seat and sighed to himself, trying to take everything in. This is it. I'm going back home after five years. Harry had mix feeling about coming home. He was happy, relieved, and excited. Yet, he also was nervous, scared, and sad.

Harry remembered when he first arrived in America. He was so young, confused, and grieving. He needed to find himself, who he was. He had to face the real world at such a young age, and didn't get to enjoy himself. He had lost so much for a child to deal with. Everyone was depending on him, putting so much weight on his shoulders.

"We are now boarding gate J-07. Flight M23 to London." the clerk announced distracting Harry from his thoughts.

Harry got up and boarded on the plane. After putting away his carryon luggage away he found his seat and was happy that he was sitting alone.

He looked at the window as the plane took off. It had been two weeks since he sent the letter to Hermione and he hadn't heard from her since. Harry hadn't told Hermione, or anyone that he was coming back home. He wanted to surprise them. Harry smiled at the thought of seeming Hermione. I wonder how they are doing.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry opened a door and looked around his surroundings. What's going on? He was not alone in this room. There were many people around him, all wearing black and some were crying. There were some people that look familiar and some he had never met at all.

Then it hit him, he was at a funeral. For who, though? Harry was unaware that his legs had a mind of its own. They led him through the aisle towards the front of the room. The next thing he knew he was looking down at a coffin.

An old woman lied cold in the coffin. Harry didn't know who this woman was, yet she looked so familiar. Hermione. Harry couldn't breathe, his heart dropped to the floor as his vision began to blur. He began to feel a little light headed.

"Hermione, Hermione! Please wake up.", Harry begged, but still no response.

"You ca- You can't leave me, Hermione!! I don't know what I would do without you." Harry cried out.

"I didn't get to tell you how I feel about you." Harry tears began to drip down his face.

"I love you." Harry choked out.

Then Harry felt someone pull Harry away from Hermione. "IT CAN'T BE TOO LATE!!! IT JUST CAN'T!!!"

The next thing Harry knew, he eyes bolted opened and found himself sitting in an airplane all sweaty and tears running down his cheeks.

"Are you alright, sir?" a flight attendant asked.

"I'm alright, just a nightmare." Harry answered. Yes, Harry it was just a bloody nightmare. Calm down.

"Well, alright then. We will be landing shortly."

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry walked up to a house that looked like it was going to fall apart, but only magic was holding it together with a sign "The Burrow".

This is it. I'm home. Here I go. Harry took inhaled deeply before knocking on the door.

"I'm coming, I coming." Harry heard someone called out.

Mrs. Weasley answered the door. "Harry, dear! What a pleasant surprise!" she said while pulling Harry into a motherly hug.

"It's good to see you Molly." Harry greeted her as they pulled away.

Mrs. Weasley put her hands on Harry's arms. "Well, it good to see you have been eating. We've missed you, Harry. Come, come in.", Mrs. Weasley gesture Harry towards the Burrow.

Harry entered the Burrow and followed Mrs. Weasley towards the kitchen.

"Ronald, I told you many times to get away from the desserts!" Mrs. Weasley scolded.

"Sorry, Mum." Ron apologized as he took a bite of a cupcake regardless what his mother said to him.

Mrs. Weasley rolled her eyes as Ron looked up and saw Harry.

"Harry!! Is that you?" he asked with his mouth full and his eyes wide open.

"Yes.", Harry answered while trying to hold back a laugh. He really missed his best friend.

They pulled into a brotherly hug.

"I missed you, Harry." Ron said while holding on to Harry.

"I missed you too." Harry said as they pulled apart.

"Well, come on. I'll bring you out back to the party."

"Party? I didn't know you guys were throwing a party. I'm sorry, I didn't intrude did I?"

"Of course not, mate." Ron said as he brought Harry towards the backyard.

The backyard was filled with familiar faces. They were completely under the stars with LED lights hanging everywhere. Round tables were on the sides, while a dance floor was in the center.

Harry searched for a certain brown eyed beauty with bushy hair. Where is she? Then he found her, she was with Ginny and Lavender. She looked happy drinking wine and talking. She looks even more beautiful than I remember. Hermione wore a high low light turquoise sleeveless dress with sliver chain as a belt that complemented her long legs and curves. Along with the dress she wore sliver high heels and her hair down pinned on the side.

She hasn't really changed much since I left. She is still the most beautiful gir-woman, Harry corrected himself. Hermione's hair finally settled down a bit, enough to manage. She wore the slightest amount of makeup to enhance her true beauty, but Harry thought she didn't even need any. She has also gotten curvier.

Harry was watching her talk to Ginny and Lavender laughing. He smiled to himself when he saw Hermione laugh. I can't wait to for her to be mines, remember live life with no regrets. Harry heart was about to beat right out of his chest when her brown eyes met his emerald ones.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I'm weak, it's true

'Cause I'm afraid to know the answer

Do you want me too?

'Cause my heart keeps falling faster

I've waited all my life to cross this line

To the only thing that's true

So I will not hide it's time to try

Anything to be with you

All my life I've waited

This is true

Time by Ryan Cabrera

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione was chatting with Ginny and Lavender while sipping on her wine enjoying the party with her friends, like good old times.

"This is great isn't it?" Lavender asked while looking around the party.

"It would be, if Draco was here." Ginny answered disappointed.

"Gin, if you told your family that you're dating him then he would be here right now." Hermione said after she took another sip of her wine.

"They wouldn't understand and wouldn't want me with him. Remember Hermione he is a Malfoy. They can only remember what he was like at Hogwarts, but he has changed since then, Hermione." Ginny argued.

"I know, I believe you, but if they knew that he makes you happy, then they will consider It.", Hermione rebutted.

"Enough about this, let's hit the dance floor." Lavender said feeling the tension so she decided to change the subject.

"I wouldn't want to be caught in the dance floor dancing with you while you're little bit tipsy. You dance like you're drunk with two left feet, with or without the alcohol." Ginny answered while laughing.

Hermione couldn't help, but laugh. Then she scanned around the party. Her eyes bolted opened as something caught her eye. Is that- who I think it is? When her eyes met his emerald eyes answered her question.

He was wearing a simple gray and dark blue striped thin jumper rolled up to his biceps along with tan long shorts with a brown belt and black shoes. He gotten taller and she remembered. Not to mention bulkier. His jet black hair was cut shorter, yet still messy as she remembered. He wasn't wearing his usual glasses which made his emerald green eyes more breathtaking. He looks amazing!

"Harry!!" she cried out while running across towards Harry wrapping her arms around his neck knocking him on the ground. She felt this sensation tingling throughout her body as they touched.

"I'm sorry." she apologized while getting up straighten her dress before lending out her hand to help him up.

Hermione pulled him up into another hug and felt the same warm tingling sensation she felt earlier.

"Harry, I can't believe you're here. I've missed you so much. I'm so happy you're here." Hermione said tearing up as she pulled herself apart from him to look at his emerald eyes.

"I missed you too, Hermione." Harry said still holding her in his arms.

Then, Hermione started to hit Harry on his chest with her clenched fist.

"You prat! How could you be gone for five bloody years with no contact except writing letters? No visits, not telling us where exactly where you so we could visit you. Now you show up out of nowhere? And, not telling me you were coming today!!" Hermione scolded him.

Harry tried hold back a laugh, until he saw her tears dripping down her face. He pulled her into a tighter hug.

"I'm sorry, Hermione. I wanted to surprise you guys." Harry apologized sincerely.

Hermione finally pulled apart. She felt like a rush of cold as she let go of Harry.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry felt this bolt of electricity as he and Hermione touched. The warm sensation disappeared as Hermione pulled away.

"So, what's going on here?" Harry asked.

"Well, um-", Hermione struggled to answer.

Ron pulled Hermione a closer to him and wrapped his arm around her waist. Harry felt jealous as he watched Ron touched Hermione.

"It's our engagement party." Ron help Hermione answer.

Harry felt like someone ripped out his heart and slashed into million pieces. Engaged? No, it can't be! Harry couldn't breathe. He tried to hold back the tears threatening to fall.

"En-engagement party?" Harry asked while looking at Hermione, hoping to hear the answer he wanted.

Harry saw Hermione avoiding eye contact with him; she was looking on the ground. She wrapped her right hand around her left ring like she was ashamed of it as Harry tried to glance at the ring for confirmation since Hermione wouldn't even look at him.

"Yes. We are so happy you came. We were just about to go to the states to tell you." Ron answered for Hermione.

Hermione looked up at Ron then at Harry. "And we want to ask you if you would like to be my best man?" Ron continued.

Harry inhaled deeply and said, "I would be honored to." Harry had to force a smile to hide his hurt feelings.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing

Just prayed to a God that I don't believe in

'Cause I got time while she got freedom

'Cause when a heart breaks, no it don't break

No it don't break, no it don't breakeven, no

What am I gonna do

When the best part of me was always you

And what am I supposed to say

When I'm all choked up and you're okay

I'm falling to pieces, yeah

I'm falling to pieces, yeah

I'm falling to pieces

(One's still in love while the other one's leaving)

I'm falling to pieces

('Cause when a heart breaks, no it don't breakeven)

Oh, it don't breakeven, no

Oh, it don't breakeven, no

Oh, it don't breakeven, no

Breakeven by The Script

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

"Well, excuse me. I need to put my things my room.", Harry excused himself. He made up an excuse anything to get away.

Harry began to walk towards the inside of the house when he heard Hermione called out his name. Harry ignored her and quickened his pace towards his room. Harry was glad he was the only one in the house because the slammed the door shut and said strong locking charms.

"Silencio.", Harry said under his breath.

"Engaged? ENGAGED!" Harry cried out as tears fell hopelessly down his cheeks, his breath all choppy.

Harry sat at the foot of his bed and covered his face with his hands. "You idiot! It took you five years to come back and fight for Hermione. If you came earlier, that engagement party would be yours and Hermione's; you would have been engaged to Hermione!"

Harry shot up from the bed walk towards the wall and punched the wall.

"YOU BLOODY IDIOT!" he cried out tears flowing uncontrollable down his cheeks.

Harry finally calmed himself down and sat down on his bed. Harry managed to stop crying. He stared at the hole in the wall emotionless.

"Reparo.", Harry muttered.

Harry watched the wall repair itself. It's too late, isn't it? This was a mistake to come back, right?

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

They say bad things happen for a reason

But no wise words gonna stop the bleeding

'Cause she's moved on while I'm still grieving

And when a heart breaks, no it don't breakeven, even, no

Breakeven by The Script

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

AN: Thanks for reading I hoped you enjoyed it. I don't own the songs, or Harry Potter. Don't forget to review! Bye, I'll update as soon as I can.

Here are the links to what Hermione and Harry was wearing:

Hermione

http://www.fashforfashion.com/search?updated-max=2012-06-13T01%3A37%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=9

(it's the third picture down)

Harry

http://us.asos.com/ASOS-3-4-Sleeve-Top-With-Pocket/xej5u/?iid=1763502&cid=7616&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Grey+marl&r=2&mporgp=L0FTT1MvQVNPUy0zLzQtU2xlZXZlLVRvcC1XaXRoLVBvY2tldC9Qcm9kLw..