Unofficial Portkey Archive

Things Don't Always Go as Planned by princess.harmony
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Things Don't Always Go as Planned

princess.harmony

Things Don't Always Go as Planned

Chapter Six: Good Old Times

AN: Thank goodness my teachers are going easy on me these first few weeks of school, so here is another update. Thanks for all the reviews and don't forget to leave more! It encourages me to write a little bit a day when I have time. Apologizes for spelling/grammar errors.

"And Harry." Hermione cried out before entering her room.

"Yes."

"I had a great time today. I hope we can do it again sometime."

"Definitely."

"Goodnight, Harry."

"Goodnight, Hermione."

Harry watched as the brown hair witched walked into her room before heading into his room himself.

Harry lay in his bed staring at the window. She is wearing my t-shirt. Harry took in a deep breath inhaling his pillow. The scent of jasmine filled his nostrils. It smells just like her.

Harry let his mind replay the today's events replay over and over again in his mind before slowly drifting soundly asleep as he began dreaming about a specific brown bushy hair witch. Unaware that same brown bushy hair witch, in the room right across the hall, is doing the exact same thing about a particular jet black messy hair wizard.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione walked into the kitchen not surprised to see Harry just finishing up cooking breakfast. They have been doing this for a week now. They would get up every morning after everyone else is gone to work and eat breakfast alone together.

Hermione sighed to herself. "Harry you've been cooking breakfast for the both of us all week. Tomorrow I'll be the one who will be cooking breakfast." Hermione demanded as she sat down.

Harry smiled. Hermione felt butterflies in her stomach at the sight. "Are you sure? I remember the food you used to cook back in the tent." Harry teased as he place a plate full of pancakes on the table.

"Hey, in my defense Ron ate all the food supplies we had within the first few weeks so I had nothing to work with." Hermione defended herself as Harry took the seat across from her.

Harry teasingly rolled his eyes. Hermione then playfully punched him on the arm. Both looked into each other's eyes before laughing.

"Okay, maybe I'll pick up a book or two today at Flourish & Blotts.", Hermione said before breaking into another fit of laughter.

Harry soon joined her. I love his laugh. "So, Hermione what do you have planned for us today?" Harry asked before taking a bite of his pancake.

"Well, I was thi-", Hermione began before turning her head to a certain blue-eyed ginger in his pajamas standing across the room. Harry eyes soon followed. "R-Ron, what are yo-you doing here?" Hermione asked shocked.

"Well, good morning to you too." Ron greeted sarcastically as he took the seat next to Hermione and give her a morning kiss on the cheek. "Good morning, Harry." Ron greeted.

"Good morning, Ron." Harry greeted back.

"I didn't mean it like that, Ron. I'm just surprised. I thought you left this morning with everyone else."

"Well, George came to talk to me last night saying he had to do something today and that I could have the day off.", Ron explained as he began to pick eat off Hermione's plate.

"Oh.", Hermione said flatly. Hermione sighed to herself before pushing her plate towards Ron and watching him eat her food irritated.

Her foul mood was soon interrupted by Harry placing another plate of pancakes right in front of her. He always knows how to lighten up my mood. Hermione looked at Harry gratefully, "Thanks.".

Harry just smiled at her gently. "Its nothing." he said before getting back to his breakfast. "It's a good thing I cooked extras."

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

After the three of them finished their breakfast and cleaning up the table, they decided to meet at the lounge after they freshen up.

Harry finished up first then took a seat on the couch facing the fire getting lost in his thoughts about Hermione. These times alone with her are just killing me. I just don't know what to do but fall even deeper in love with her. Like when she smiles she lightens the whole room. The way the bites her lip when she is in deep thought. Oh, and the way her brown curls bounce when she laughs. Her cute lit-, Harry was interrupted in his thoughts when Hermione took the seat next to him.

"Hi, Harry." Hermione greeted flashing him a sweet smile making him melt in his seat.

"Hi."

"What are you thinking about?" Hermione asked innocently.

'You.', he thought. "Wha-what are you talking about?" Harry asked while letting out a nervous laugh.

"On my way over here, you looked like you were in deep thought." Hermione explained.

"It's nothing." Harry tried to cover up.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" Hermione assured him while placing her hand on his knee. Both of them felt jolts of electricity just ran throughout their bodies at the touch.

Harry gulped while looking at Hermione's hand and back to her cinnamon eyes. "I know."

Both their eyes were glued to one another until Ron came into the lounge and sat in between the two of them and broke their eye contact. Hermione quickly removed her hand from Harry's knee and avoided eye contact. Harry did the same.

Ron cleared his throat, while glancing back and forth between Hermione and Harry. "Did I disturb anything?" Ron asked.

"No!" Hermione answered a little too quickly. "I was telling Harry that he can tell me anything, if something is bothering him."

"Yeah.", Harry said slowly.

Ron just shrugged his shoulders. "Oh, look at us. Just like good old times." Ron said as he put one arm around Hermione and the other on Harry with a giant grin on his face.

"Yeah.", both Hermione and Harry agreed forcing a smile back.

All of the sudden Ron shot up from the couch. "Harry, I forgot to tell you. While coming home last night, you would never believe who I bumped into. Come on guess?"

Harry ran his fingers through his hair. "Um, Malfoy?" Harry guessed.

Ron sighed to himself, "No, not him and I hope I never will. It was Seamus! Apparently, he owns his own pub and he heard you were finally back. He wanted to invite all four of us at his pub, along with some of our old Hogwarts friends and have our own welcome back party or like a reunion sort of thing."

"Wait four of us?" Hermione asked.

"Ginny, as well." Ron explained.

"Oh, that sounds wonderful! I haven't seen any of them in years!" Hermione stated.

"I guess it would be fun." Harry agreed.

"Oh great! Excuse me, while I go owl Seamus." Ron said before heading back upstairs. Ron stopped just before going up the stairs, "Oh and Harry."

Harry turned his head to face Ron, "Yes?"

"Don't worry about the public knowing that you are back, Seamus said he would close the pub for just us tonight." Ron assured.

"Thanks Ron." Harry said with a friendly smile.

"No problem." Ron said before dashing up the stairs.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

As the day soon comes to an end, Harry and Ron are waiting in the lounge for Hermione before heading to Seamus's pub.

Ron leans back in his chair and puts his two hands behind his head. "I still can't believe I'm getting married."

"Neither can I.", Harry said absentmindedly as he slowly shook his head. "If you don't mind me asking, why set the date so soon?" Harry asked looking at Ron, hoping he wouldn't take it personally.

Ron just shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. Well, we've been together for five years. I guess why wait longer. It was bound to happen anyways, why not sooner than later." Ron tried to answer.

Harry just nodded his head in understanding what Ron meant. Just before Harry could open his mouth, a petite brunette was walking down the stairs. Hermione was wearing a simple dark green tank-top covered by a white blazer with dark denim jeans and black ballet flats. Her brown bushy hair was pulled into a bun.

"Are you guys, ready?" Hermione asked.

"Yup!" Ron said as he got up from the chair.

Harry couldn't take off his eyes off her. He slowly rose up from his seat keeping his eyes locked at Hermione. "Y-you lo-look ama‒amazing Hermione." Harry stumbled over his words.

Hermione smiled at Harry before looking down at the floor. "Thanks, but I'm not wearing anything special."

Ron threw glances between the both of them before checking his watch. "We better get going."

"Wait, what about Ginny?" Hermione asked.

"She said she'll meet us there." Ron answered as he passed everyone's cloaks before wrapping one arm around Hermione's tiny waist.

Harry and Hermione both nodded in agreement before heading out the door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

They finally arrived at Seamus's pub.

"Oy, Harry, Hermione, and Ron!" Seamus greeted with his strong Irish accent as he continued to fill glasses of butterbeer to go around.

Harry took the seat next to Hermione who was sitting next to Ron.

"Seamus, firewhiskey please." Ron shouted as he raised his hand.

"Sure thing. Anybody else? What about ya Harry?" Seamus asked as he handed Ginny the last butterbeer.

"No, thank you. I'm good with butterbeer. I haven't had one since I left." Harry answered before taking a sip of his butterbeer.

Seamus nodded before headed back to the bar to get some firewhiskey.

"So, Harry how have you been?" Dean asked while playing with the rim of the glass of butterbeer with his finger.

"Good. What about you? What have you been doing lately?" Harry asked.

"Good as well. I'm working as a graphic designer at this muggle shop. I was planning on owning my own graphic design shop both in the muggle and wizard world."

"I hope you live up to that dream." Harry said sincerely.

"Me too, just like Professor Longbottom over here." Dean said as he nudged Neville with his elbow. Harry gave Neville a questioned look as Neville turn a bit red out of embarrassment.

"I'm a Professor at Hogwarts." Neville answered Harry's questioned looked.

"You're finally a Herbology Professor at Hogwarts?"

"No, not yet. I'm the Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor.", Neville responded to his question. Harry eyes widen a bit. If I'm not wrong, Neville wasn't the best in that class. "But as soon as Professor Sprout decides to retire, I'm first in line for the position." Neville continued.

"That sounds like wonderful news, Neville." Harry said just before Seamus came back with firewhiskey.

As Seamus handed Ron's firewhiskey, he notice the diamond rock on Hermione's left finger and smiled. "Congratulations, Hermione. I can't believe Potter finally popped the question."

Hermione nearly dropped the butterbeer in her hands as Ron spitted out his firewhiskey and Harry froze up.

Hermione gulped. "I…I'm not engaged to Harry, Seamus. I'm enga‒", Hermione was soon cut off by Seamus laughing out loud.

"I know, Hermione. I know that Weasley and you are engaged. But that look on all three of your faces." Seamus said while laughing.

Harry laughed nervously before taking a sip of his butterbeer.

"Sod off, Finnigan." Ron said while rolling his eyes and gulping down this firewhiskey while made flipping Seamus off. Seamus laughed louder and harder.

"Oh my gosh, Hermione I totally forgot. We so need to talk about details!!!" Lavender screamed as all the girls soon to gather up on one side of the table.

Hermione gave Harry a worried look and mouthed 'Help me!'. Harry just smiled at her before paying attention to his drink than what the guys were talking about.

As soon as Harry noticed his drink was empty he used it as an excuse to escape for a while. "Um, I'm just going to get another glass of butterbeer. Anyone want anything while I'm gone?" Harry said while pointing to the bar with his thumb.

"No.", all of them said at the same time sound more drunk by the minute.

As Harry arrived at the bar, he notices a pretty blonde sitting alone by herself.

"Hi, Luna." he greeted as he took a seat next to her.

"Why hello, Harry." she greeted back while looking around the pub with a dreamy look in her silver gray eyes.

"So how is The Quibbler?"

"Fantastic, I just got promoted to writing the 'Dear Loony' column."

"Promoted?"

"Harry, you aren't the only one who doesn't want special treatment. Plus, I want to be just like my father‒I want to work hard to get what I want."

"I understand. Why are you with the girls?" Harry asked.

"I don't feel like talking about those stuff and why aren't you with the boys?"

"Same reason here, I don't feel like talking about those stuff either. So have you seen any nargles lately?" Harry laughed at the thought he still remembered the mythical creatures she use to tell him about back in Hogwarts.

"No, besides adflictuses have been following me around lately and by the looks of it they are following you too." Luna said as she began to play with the water ring left on the counter from her butterbeer. Harry took a sip of his butterbeer as an awkward silence fell between the both of them.

"So, Hermione huh?" Luna said as she decided to break the silence and continued to play with the water ring. Harry coughed out his butterbeer. Luna just laughed and passed him a napkin to clean up the mess.

"Wh‒what are you talking about?" Harry asked as he looked at Luna trying to find answers through her dreamy expression.

"Come on, Harry. I know I'm Loony, but I'm not draft. Remember I wasn't in Ravenclaw for nothing."

Harry sighed to himself and looked straight at her silvery gray eyes. "Is it that obvious?" he asked.

"No, not at all. I see the way you look at her. It's the same look I do when I'm looking at‒" Luna stole a glance at a certain red head with blue dreamy eyes, just quick enough that Harry wouldn't notice. "I know how it feels like, Harry to love someone so much that it hurts‒that you don't know what to do but fall deeper in love with them. But that someone is in love with someone else."

Harry was shock that all that deep talk was coming from Luna Lovegood, the girl who was called "Loony Lovegood". He saw a single tear fall from her cheek. Before Harry could open his mouth, Luna cut him off as she checked her watch, "Well, I better get going. I got to be at The Quibbler bright and early tomorrow. Goodbye Harry. It was nice talking to you." Her expression returned to that dreamy look.

"Goodbye Luna. It was nice talking and seeing you again." Harry said goodbye before kissing Luna on the cheek.

"And Harry?" Luna said as she got up from her seat.

"Yes?"

"Don't worry. It would be our little secret." she whispered into his ear before she said her goodbyes and left skipping out of the door.

'Our little secret.' Harry repeated in his head.

Shortly, after Luna left many others began to follow her. They made sure that everyone got home safely and all agreed they should do this again in the future. Hermione and Harry (Ron too, but he passed out) helped Seamus to clean up before leaving to The Burrow.

After putting Ron in his bed, Harry laid in his bed thinking who would steal sweet, innocent, Luna's heart oblivious to the thought it was always been his ginger best friend knocked out asleep in the room next to his.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Thanks for the long wait. I hope you all enjoyed it. I know you guys want to hit me on the head because Hr/R are still together, but remember all good things happen to those who wait. Believe me, H/Hr will be together sooner than you think and it would be worth your wait. I don't know when the next update would be, but hopefully it's soon. Don't forget to review!