Unofficial Portkey Archive

Things Don't Always Go as Planned by princess.harmony
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Things Don't Always Go as Planned

princess.harmony

Things Don't Always Go as Planned.

Chapter Two: Need You Now

Author's Note: I'm sorry for the long wait. I've been busy with AP English homework. Oh my gosh you guys, thanks for the reviews!! You guys always encourage me to continue writing, so don't be shy and leave me another review! Sorry for the grammar and spelling errors.

P.S. I made it longer this time! Shout out to a very special author here at Portkey, rockstar. If it wasn't for rockstar nudging me to update, you guys would probably have to wait longer. After reading this, you should really check out rockstar's "Story of a girl called Hermione Granger" and "Love and Like" (personally, both are my favorite so far).

"Goodbye Hermione. I won't be gone for good; this is more like a farewell until next time." Harry said before kissing her on the forehead and wiping her tears once again. Finally, Harry had to torn himself away from her or else he was going to miss his flight. Hermione you aren't making this easy to say goodbye and leave.

Hermione just stood there as she watched her best friend get on the plane, not knowing when he'll be back. If this isn't goodbye, then why do I feel this ache inside my chest like I'm missing a part of me?

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione lay helplessly in bed, tossing and turning. I knew I shouldn't have read that letter! Now I can't sleep. It was nights like this, Hermione was glad that Ginny sneaks out the middle of the night to be with Draco. Hermione bit her lower lip and stared at the ceiling. I can't sleep, until I reply back.

Hermione rose up and threw her covers over. She turned on the lamp near her nightstand and grasped the letter right next to it. She reopened the letter and began to read.

Dear Hermione,

I'm doing just fine. I'm glad to hear that you and everybody else are doing fine as well. I miss you terribly. I'm sorry, but I believe I'm unable to come home for Christmas this year again, but I'll be back soon hopefully. Please tell everyone I said hello and I send my apologies.

Love, Harry

Hermione sighed to herself. She put the letter back and decided to put it in a box along with the other letters from Harry. Hermione got herself out of bed and jumped as she attempted to get the box off the top of the shelf. Please remind why I put the box on the top shelf if I can't even reach it. Oh that's right, I put that there so I wouldn't have something to remind me of Harry every second of the day. Hermione rolled her eyes. Like that helped. Hermione jumped one last time before the box fell on the floor.

"Merlin!" Hermione cursed under her breath hoping she didn't wake anyone up.

Hermione walked towards the box and placed it on her desk. Just before Hermione was going to her nightstand to put the letter in the box, she noticed that a picture of Harry waving and smiling was staring right at her. Merlin knows how much I miss him. Hermione eyes began to blur her vision. Oh, what I would do just to see him and hug him. Hermione wiped away her tears before reaching out for parchment and a quill as she began to write a letter back to Harry.

Hermione hadn't notice that she had been crying while she was writing until she saw tear stains on the letter. So she decided to let it air dry before sending Chane in the morning to send the letter back to Harry.

Hermione quietly open the door and exited the room. Hermione looked around a bit before walking across the hall to Harry's old room, which was currently used as a guest room. It looks the same since he left for America.

She walked towards the foot of the bed and stared at the window, "I miss you, Harry."

She began to feel tears began to fill in her eyes, "I don't just miss you, I need you Harry."

"The things I would do just to hear your voice, hug you one more time, and just spend time with you again.", Hermione said while her tears were flowing down her tender cheeks falling down to her palms.

Absently mindedly Hermione climbed into the bed. Does Harry think about me as much as I think about him? Hermione swallowed then inhaled the bed sheets. It smells just like you, Harry. Hermione slowly cried herself to sleep.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Picture perfect memories,

Scattered all around the floor

Reaching for the phone

'cause I can't fight it anymore

And I wonder if I ever cross your mind

For me it happens all the time

It's a quarter after one,

I'm all alone and I need you now

Said I wouldn't call

But I've lost all control and I need you now

And I don't know how I can do without

I just need you now

Need You Now by Lady Antebellum.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hermione woke up to the bright morning sunlight greeting her "Good Morning". Hermione didn't realize that she had fallen asleep and jumped out of bed. She quickly made the bed then quietly exit the room. Hoping that nobody would have noticed she left her room and slept in the guest room.

Hermione sighed in relief that nobody was wake as she walked towards the kitchen.

"At least nobody saw me coming out of the guest room." Hermione quietly said to herself as she began to make her morning coffee.

"Good Morning", greeted Mrs. Weasley.

Hermione jumped and threw the teaspoon of sugar in the air causing a sweet mess. "Good Morning, Molly. Sorry." greeted back.

"Scared you a bit eh? Oh dear, what brings you up this early?" Mrs. Weasley asked as she whipped out her wand to clean up the mess.

"More like caught me off guard. Let's just say I had a rough night." Hermione answered as she began to help Mrs. Weasley with breakfast.

"Hermione dear, you don't have to help."

"Oh, Molly I insist."

Mrs. Weasley sighed in defeat, "Alright then."

As Hermione was frying some bacon, Mrs. Weasley asked while taking over, "Why don't you head up stairs freshen up?"

"Um," Hermione hesitated.

"I got this, now go on upstairs." Mrs. Weasley assured Hermione.

"Okay, I'll be right back."

Mrs. Weasley answered with a slight nod of the head.

Hermione took a shower and brushed her teeth. Before heading back down, Hermione went to look for

Chane to send the letter that she wrote previously to Harry. As soon as she saw him flying around the house, she called him over and tie the letter to his foot.

"Okay, you're all set. Now don't go flying too long. It's a long distance, so take as many breaks as you need. Bring this to Harry okay?"

The little owl seems to have understood her as he nodded his head. Hermione smiled and petted the owl gently on the head.

"Take care." Hermione managed to say before Chane took flight and headed out the window.

Hermione sat down for breakfast, as a young firing red beauty headed down the stairs.

"Good Morning." Ginny greeted.

"Good Morning, Ginny. Sleep well?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

"Like a baby, Mum." Ginny answered with dreamy eyes as she took a seat across from Hermione.

"Yeah with Draco's arms wrapped around her.", Hermione murmured with a smirk on her face.

Ginny glared at Hermione as she kicked her under the table.

"Ow!" Hermione cried out while laughing at Ginny, whose face matched her hair.

Shortly after, sleepy red head entered the room. "Ron, I'm surprised you even woke up this morning." Ginny teased as she added more bacon on her plate.

Ron decided to ignore Ginny's comment. "I thought I smelt bacon. Pancakes too? My favorite! Mum you're the best." Ron said taking the seat next to Hermione, giving her a good morning kiss on the cheek.

Mrs. Weasley rolled her eyes, "Hermione helped too, Ronald."

"Well, then you deserve another kiss." Ron said to Hermione as he lean forward to kiss her on the lips.

Hermione saw him lean forward turned her head, avoiding the kiss. "Ron, I'm eating."

Ron sat in his chair awkwardly in silence shocked that Hermione rejected his kiss, until he started to pile his plate and stuff himself. All of them sat there in silence eating their breakfast, until Mr. Weasley joined them.

"Good Morning." he greeted everyone. Everyone greeted him back as well

Ginny could feel the tension as she looked around the table, "So Hermione, any word from Harry?"

Hermione stopped eating for a moment and looked up at everyone. Everyone sat there quietly egger to hear what she had to say.

"Well, I er received a letter from him yesterday." she answered. Everybody look like they were asking her to go on.

"He sends his hellos, and apologizes that he is unable to make it this year for Christmas again." Hermione continued. Hermione watched their faces turn from eagerness to disappointment. I hate it when I have to deliver bad news.

"Well then, Hermione I have a question do you know what this is? I found this item in a raid." Mr. Weasley asked Hermione holding what looked like a wooden pencil.

"It is what muggles call a wooden pencil. It works like a quill, but ink isn't required."

"Ink isn't required?"

"Yes. And um, the top pink rubbery top is used to erase mistakes it's called an eraser."

"Brilliant.", Mr. Weasley answered in amazement as he began to examine the pencil more closely.

Mrs. Weasley rolled her eyes, while Hermione laughed to herself.

"Well, I better get to work. Goodbye everyone." Mr. Weasley said while giving Mrs. Weasley a quick peck on the lips before heading out the door with his suit case.

"Come on Ron, we better help George in the store. Students are back for the holidays. It's going to be really busy." Ginny said as she got up from her chair and headed out the door.

Ron got up and attempted to kiss Hermione on the lips again. Hermione felt guilty, and decided to let him kiss her this time.

"Bye, Hermione." he said while walking out the door.

"Bye."

Why don't I feel that spark, like I use to?

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry took another shot of whiskey feeling the cold beverage burn down his throat as he swallowed.

Harry could sleep at all, so he decided that a little bit of alcohol would probably help. Boy, was he wrong!

As Harry began to fill up another shot, he thought about the conversation he had with Angelo couple weeks back. I hope with whatever I'm doing I won't regret it. But the conversation was not only on his mind, but also a certain brushy brown hair beauty. Harry took another shot.

It has been five years since he left and still that beautiful witch never seem to have left his mind. Harry thought getting away from her would help stop the feelings he had for her. But instead of stopping the feelings he had for her, they grew stronger. Every minute, month, or year he stayed away from her, he longed, desired, and fell even deeper in love with her.

Harry poured himself another shot. Harry stared at the door. I wish she could just come busting in the door wrapping her arms around my neck. Just smelling at sweet scent of jasmine and feeling of her in my arms would make my day. Harry finished his shot. I need her, now more than ever.

He checked the clock quarter after one. It was getting pretty late, so Harry called it a night. He got up to put away the bottle of whiskey and cleaned up a bit before heading to bed.

Harry climbed into bed and stared at the ceiling. I wonder what she is doing right now. Does she ever think about me as much as I do to her? Merlin, help me she is making me go bloody mad. Harry continued to stare at the ceiling as he began to picture Hermione. Her smile, bushy brown hair, soft skin, pink lushes lips, cinnamon eyes.

Harry caught himself smiling. Her eyes, most definitely her eyes I could get lost just by looking at them. I could look at them for hours. Before Harry knew it he drifted slowly asleep dreaming about the girl of his dreams.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Another shot of whiskey,

Can't stop looking at the door

Wishing you'd come sweeping in

The way you did before

And I wonder if I ever cross your mind

For me it happens all the time

It's a quarter after one,

I'm a little drunk and I need you now

Said I wouldn't call

But I've lost all control and I need you now

And I don't know how I can do without

I just need you now

Need You Now by Lady Antebellum

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Harry woke up the next morning to the sound of someone scratching his window. He immediately got out of bet to find, Chane outside his window.

"Good Morning Chane.", Harry greeted the brown barn owl as he open his window and untied the letter attached to his leg. Must be a letter from Hermione.

Harry quickly went to the kitchen to retrieve a snack for Chane to eat. "Here you go Chane. You can hang out around here while I take a quick shower before reading Hermione's letter okay?"

After Harry took a quick shower, he headed back to the kitchen to make his morning coffee before reading Hermione's letter. Harry sat down and began to take a sip of his coffee and began to read the letter.

Dear Harry,

It's so good to hear you're doing fine. I miss you terribly too. I'm very disappointed that you can't come home for Christmas again this year. Judging by the time Chane gives you this letter, it would probably be Christmas already. Merry Christmas Harry.

Love Hermione

Harry removed his eyes from the letter to look at the calendar. She is right, it's December 25. Harry hadn't realized it was Christmas morning.

Harry reread the letter. Harry couldn't help but smile that she misses him too. It sounds exactly like her. I could picture her writing this letter. As Harry looked at the letter one last time before putting it away he notice that there were dried tear stains on the letter. I hate to see her cry, even knowing that she cried. What makes it worst, is knowing that I'm the reason why she cried.

Harry felt guilty being away from her was the reason why she was crying. To make things worst it took him five years with no contact besides writing to each other to make him realize he waited too long.

Harry sighed to himself, before going to his bedroom to retrieve parchment and quill.

Dear Hermione,

Merry Christmas Hermione. From your observations, you're probably going to get this on New Years. So Happy New Years as well. Hermione I'm so sorry to disappoint you that I'm unable to come home for Christmas. Please, don't cry. You know I can't stand you crying, let alone I'm the reason why you are crying. Believe me; I'll be home sooner than you know it.

Love Harry.

Harry quickly ties the letter on Chane's leg. "I know you just came here, but I need you to deliver this as soon as possible. Sorry. Feel free to take more owl treats before you leave."

I hope it's not too late to make things right.

Note: I don't own Harry Potter, or anything else. Again sorry for the long wait, to make it up to you guys I will update the next chapter next week. I promise! So, tell me what you think and leave a review!